Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Politician Cries Racism After Trying To Crash Check-Out Line At Supermarket

State Rep. Erica Thomas described the incident in an emotional Facebook video after it took place at her local Publix store in an Atlanta suburb.

Thomas said she was at the grocery store with her daughter, checking out in the 10 items or less lane. She had about 15 items, she said, but at nine months pregnant, she said she needed the quick checkout line to avoid being on her feet too long.

In response, she said a white man came up to her and began yelling at her for the number of items she had.

"He says, 'You lazy son of a bitch. You need to go back where you came from,'" Thomas said, adding the man also called her "ignorant" and "a piece of shit."

On Saturday, the man showed up again at the grocery store as Thomas was speaking to local TV news outside. Eric Sparkes admitted he had called her lazy and cursed at her, but he denied telling her to go back where she came from, WSB-TV reported. Thomas replied he was lying to make himself look better.

Sparkes told WSB that he is a Democrat.

"She's doing it for political purposes," he said.

When asked by WSB about Sparkes's exact words, Thomas said she couldn't remember them verbatim.

"I don't want to say he said, 'Go back to your country,' or 'Go back to where you came from,'" Thomas told WSB, adding she was sure he told her to go back. "But he was making those types of references is what I remember."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305July 30, 2019 7:58 PM

Nice try, Proud Boy.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2019 7:20 PM

White people feel so empowered now that Trump is President.

Fucking disgusting

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote] Nice try, Proud Boy.

She had FIFTEEN items in the 10 or less items line-up

What don't you understand about 10 or less?

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2019 7:21 PM

She’s appropriating white hair color. Next.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2019 7:24 PM

I've been waiting to see the DL thread on this, it's really an incredibly bizarre story. The politician (erica) claimed that a white man shouted at her in the express check out line including saying "go back to your home country." The next day, the politician held a press conference outside the store to describe the incident--and the man in question showed up! He said he only shouted at her because she had 15 items in a 10 items or less line (which is true--she says her 9 year old daughter was going to purchase 5 of the items) and the man says he is a cuban american democrat. The man's social media DOES show him posting support for the "squad" after trump attacked them last week, saying "Donald Trump should go back to Nazi Germany where he's from!"

The politician has since backtracked, now saying the man said something LIKE "go back" and not specifically "go back to your home country" which she had earlier claimed was said.

DL Troll Catnip Thread OPEN!

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2019 7:25 PM

R4 most white People don’t have that hair color. Move along.

R3 she’s 9 months pregnant. Get a life. You’ll survive the 5 extra items.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2019 7:25 PM

R6 is this nine-month pregnant women married?

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2019 7:28 PM

R5 Knew the cunt was lying

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2019 7:29 PM

[quote]a white man

I've read elsewhere that he's Cuban.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2019 7:30 PM

She had every right to be pissed and she was definitely racially profiled by that freak. The guy was clearly a crazed fool. So what, she had more than 10 items. The woman is 9 months pregnant. Cut her some slack.

OP you're a shithead.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2019 7:31 PM

R9 a “white” Cuban. I haven’t seen him though to see.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2019 7:31 PM

She got busted!

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2019 7:31 PM

I don't believe for a second R6 and R10 would be fine with someone who had OVER 10 items in the 10 items of less line.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2019 7:32 PM

Maybe he didn't say the things she claimed he said, but yelling and swearing at her in front of her kid makes him a real sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2019 7:33 PM

[quote]White people feel so empowered now that Trump is President.

And black people feel empowered to make up stuff and talk shit about whites because the whites on the left don't say anything. Like when Jada Pinkett said she gets triggered with hate when she sees blond white women. If someone said that about blacks, the whites on the left would be on their side, with pitchforks and torches.

In short, leftists whites are a self-hating bunch, especially the SJW variety, which is pretty much most of Hollywood/Broadway these days. They have major white guilt and a white savior complex.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2019 7:33 PM

My NEEDS as a mother of color were to buy fifteen items at the ten-items-or-less line! By not recognizing my NEEDS as a mother of color, he is of course a racist!

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2019 7:35 PM

She had 15 items using an express checkout! Rose Nylund would have sorted her out!

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2019 7:35 PM

She had 15 items using an express checkout! Rose Nylund would have sorted her out!

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2019 7:35 PM

I'm not R3 but being 9 months pregnant does not make you immune to rules or expect to get special treatment. You're pregnant not suffering physical illness. It's the entitled attitudes from pregnant fraus that sometimes grate on me. A while back I had liver resection for multiple tumors that they thought were cancerous (turned out not to be) and was out on disability while I recovered. Outwardly I seemed quite healthy but I was only 10 days post-op and in a lot of pain moving around/ walking. I went to a co-op to get some groceries, my first time out since going home from the hospital. Anyways, I opened the door to go inside the market and a pregnant woman in her 30s wearing yoga gear and pushing a baby carriage came behind me and was expecting me to open the door for her first. I guess I was taking too long for her liking (still weak and in pain) and I didn't let hold the door for her and she made snide comments "yeah thanks a lot, asshole". This bitch was more than capable of opening the door for herself and her crotch fruit inside the carriage, but she expected me to cater to her just because she was pregnant. So fuck no, just because you're pregnant don't expect others to drop whatever they're doing and cater to your comfort/ whims.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2019 7:36 PM

R5, that's really odd.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2019 7:36 PM

Here's a video OP SHOULD have posted. The "press conference" where the (cuban) white man appears is included.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2019 7:36 PM

R11 Click on the OP's link. There's a photo of him (getting berated by her) in a tweet she posted. He's supposedly Cuban but does look white adjacent. Now that her story is continuing to change as more and more comes out about this incident, it looks like she was the one who was racially profiling in that she saw what she figured was a white guy and decided to accuse him of something for political purposes, tying it to Trump knowing that would get media traction.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2019 7:37 PM

Apparently he was pissed because there were two other open lines she could have chosen. It was hot, he wasn't havin' any. Better ways to handle it? Sure. Spectacle this woman claims? Not hardly.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2019 7:38 PM

And finally, the man in his own words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2019 7:39 PM

LITERAL VIOLENCE!!!

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2019 7:41 PM

I don’t think being pregnant gives you the right to cut the line but tbh she just looks fat

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2019 7:46 PM

BE REAL: A thread about how a pregnant "frau" with 15 items was berated by an irate Eldergay would have the full support of 90% of DLers, who'd be complaining about "breeders" and "Fraus and their crotchfruit" and "just because she's pregnant she thinks she's so special" with much rending of garments about "entitled cunts" and "snowflake millennials" who bring 15 items into the "10 items or less" lane and the entire 600-post thread would be a parade of accolades for the brave and worthy OP

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2019 7:47 PM

Her story keeps changing; now she’s blaming the daughter for having five extra items

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2019 7:47 PM

She speaks at about 500 words per second.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2019 7:48 PM

And I have no doubt he told her to "go back" -- "go back to the regular line. This is only for people with 10 items or less"

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2019 7:48 PM

r27

[quote]be complaining about "breeders" and "Fraus and their crotchfruit" and "just because she's pregnant she thinks she's so special" with much rending of garments about "entitled cunts" and "snowflake millennials"

But all this is true, excepting the millennial quip...

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2019 7:49 PM

R27 Oh mununellual, how you hate us all here, one wonders how empty your life is as you seemingly spend so much time on DL complaining about everyone else on DL.

This can't be good for your mental health or view of life, as seeing everyone else as lesser than you is a sign of being a totally tiresome fuckwit

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2019 7:51 PM

When I lived in the rural Deep South, they had a solution for this. There were black checkers and white checkers-- if you're black, you go to the black line. If you're white, you go to the white line. They didn't do this at Walmart, and more than once I saw white men cutting and/or yelling at blacks in line.

This was 2015.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2019 7:52 PM

Did I miss the part in the Constitution where it forbids 15 items in the 10 item line? The guy was a crackpot and has such an empty life that this mattered.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2019 7:56 PM

Her story keeps changing - now she's blaming Publix for stocking more than 10 items, and "enabling" her to use the 10 items or less lane inappropriately.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2019 7:57 PM

R34 It's not written into the constitution that you can't come into my house and take a shit on my living room floor but basic decorum should be enough to make you refrain from doing so. It certainly does everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2019 7:58 PM

R34 if you were in the 10 or less line and the person in front of you had FIFTY items, you would be fine with that?

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2019 7:58 PM

Damn, I was hoping he said, "Go back to the end of the line!" and she ran with it.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2019 7:59 PM

She ran over when he was being interviewed and yelled “you don’t get a spotlight!” Ba hahaha

This guy wasn’t even in her line. He was loud talking her. A white people specialty.

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2019 7:59 PM

[quote]He was loud talking her. A white people specialty.

Oh really? In my experience, loud talking is a decidedly black people specialty.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2019 8:04 PM

She Jussied up the entire situation to gain sympathy and I suspect $$$ and fame. Never go full Jussie. Trouble is her story unraveled before some gullible SJWs got to set up a GFM account.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2019 8:06 PM

LOL, would love to see her face when she found out the guy was Cuban and, therefore in the current environment, she was fucked. "Foiled!"

The same way I can get away with politically incorrect comments, especially to women (if I wanted to), and just shrug and say, "I'm gay" later and all will be forgotten. Hey, them's the rules these days. Wasn't my idea.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2019 8:09 PM

If she lost weight, she could have stood longer

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2019 8:10 PM

This thread is indeed DL catnip!

I love it.

I love how so many DLers are upset that she had 15 items in the express line.

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2019 8:11 PM

I'm thinking he meant whatever line she had been in before she decided "No, I don't want to wait."

And men don't usually call a woman a SON of anything.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2019 8:16 PM

Ten items or fewer, not ten items or less. You’re slipping, DL.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2019 8:17 PM

Fuck her and her pregnant, politician of color privilege. She's also a lying bitch. She sets an excellent example for her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2019 8:20 PM

[quote] I love how so many DLers are upset that she had 15 items in the express line.

I don't care so much that she had fifteen items.

What I care about is that she an "I am a VICTIM of RACISM!" hissy fit after she was called out for having fifteen items--that is ridiculous.

If you sow thistles, expect to get pricked.

by Anonymousreply 48July 21, 2019 8:20 PM

Is this guy a DLer? I love how he verbally bitch-slapped her when he told her "I didn't know you were pregnant". LOL fat AND lazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 49July 21, 2019 8:21 PM

All this unfettered injustice reminds me...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 21, 2019 8:26 PM

You have to admire the fact he's not backing down.

He really is a DLer isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 51July 21, 2019 8:27 PM

R34 Do you always live your life with such lack of insight and nuance? The world is full of injustices and rudeness today, this guy simply saw something that's on a smaller scale, but something that he could personally tackle e.g. directly do something about it. So he did just that and never in his wildest dreams did he expect to be railroaded as a racist by an opportunistic cunt trying to score points with Twitter Outrage SJWs. You know, the ones who accuse first and ask questions/ seek facts later? Erica Thomas represents everything wrong about political environment today, she foments more hate not dampen it. She should have the decency to resign, and good for Eric Sparkes for being the real anti-racism, anti-hate person that he is. He should run to unseat her if her lazy ass doesn't resign.

by Anonymousreply 52July 21, 2019 8:32 PM

A politician doesn't confront a constituent in public in that matter. That's unprofessional. And who does her hair?

by Anonymousreply 53July 21, 2019 8:33 PM

He's DL hot

by Anonymousreply 54July 21, 2019 8:34 PM

Once again, if you see something, say something is made to be detrimental. The man saw that the woman was violating the store policy, and impacting other shoppers, and he properly berated her.

by Anonymousreply 55July 21, 2019 8:34 PM

[quote] Did I miss the part in the Constitution where it forbids 15 items in the 10 item line?

Oh, it's not in the Constitution. Not all rules are posted there, you know.

It was posted over the register, very plainly, where she could see it.

by Anonymousreply 56July 21, 2019 8:35 PM

Oh this bitch! Shut the fuck up! This didn’t need to be news.

by Anonymousreply 57July 21, 2019 8:36 PM

[quote] And black people feel empowered to make up stuff and talk shit about whites because the whites on the left don't say anything

Everyone can all read the white supremacist bullshit posted here and everywhere else, all day everyday. You idiots act like your racist tantrums are written in some sort of secret code. It’s not. Everyone can see what you are.

by Anonymousreply 58July 21, 2019 8:38 PM

R55, I hope he doesn't lose his job or other things equally detrimental over this. In this day and age, anything could happen.

by Anonymousreply 59July 21, 2019 8:38 PM

Kathy Griffin is fuming over this racist attack. First Covington, then Jussie, now this?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 21, 2019 8:44 PM

He said he didn't know she was pregnant. SO UNKIND

by Anonymousreply 61July 21, 2019 8:49 PM

She went to Oakwood University which is known as Victim U..

by Anonymousreply 62July 21, 2019 8:50 PM

What items did she buy at the express check-out line? Did these items include bleach and some rope? Did she text a couple of Nigerian bodybuilding brothers beforehand or afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 63July 21, 2019 8:50 PM

R63 Flaming Hot Cheetos, Chocolate Milk, Velvetta, Watermelon, Mad Dog 20/20, Bud Ice Fawtys, Fried Chicken and Cocoa Butter.

by Anonymousreply 64July 21, 2019 8:54 PM

The Eric and Erica Show. They need to take this on the road.

by Anonymousreply 65July 21, 2019 8:56 PM

So is "go back to where you came from" going to be come the new #metoo? I swear I've read multiple articles in the last several days where someone allegedly told another person to go back where they came from. Not saying it isn't happening, but it sure seems to be something people are jumping on the bandwagon - either deplorables actually saying it, or others alleging it for attention.

by Anonymousreply 66July 21, 2019 8:57 PM

The Cuban guy needs to run against her in the next election!

by Anonymousreply 67July 21, 2019 8:58 PM

Kamala's campaign gets a big boost with each of these incidents:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 21, 2019 8:58 PM

ooops, "become" at R66

by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2019 8:59 PM

9 months, really? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2019 9:00 PM

Oh please, it's white male entitlement at its best. He's Cuban "white" and the "whites" of that culture (white adjacent) think their shit don't stink, unlike the other bastard Latin coloreds (including their own darker skinned Cubans).

Anyway, I see it all the time out here in California of all places. It's always some middle aged white guy who thinks he's the end all be all because, well, he's a #WhiteGuy .

The other day some #WhiteGuy walked over to a Mexican family having a picnic to "school" them that their RV was parked in a handicap spot at a coastal beach parking lot and instructed them to move it. Mind you the lot was 80% empty. Out comes Grandpa Mexican in his wheelchair... no apologies of course from #WhiteGuy.

I've also had a #WhiteGuy attempt to "school" me on a hiking trail about proper passing etiquette because apparently I stood too much in the middle of what was a fairly open path that we all could navigate without any drama.

Little things like this happen all the time. I'm an Asian male so I think they think I'm an easy target. If you're a #WhiteGuy, spare me the stop feeling sorry for myself canned response. You wouldn't know and I don't expect you to.

When I was younger and deemed myself less worthy, I actually apologized to #WhiteGuyy for troubling him with my presence. How dare I want to exist in the same presence! Now jerks who fit this category can get anywhere from a "Fuck you/Get the fuck over it" to a "Oh did I deny you your privilege or entitlement?" depending on how I am feeling that day. Reactions are always priceless. #WhiteGuy can't deal when the world doesn't bow down to him.

Blacks have their own issues, but I love how they are calling whites on their BS these days. They need it.

by Anonymousreply 71July 21, 2019 9:00 PM

THe “go back where you came from” really only happens to people with accents

by Anonymousreply 72July 21, 2019 9:00 PM

Floridians have been yelling for decades at New Yorkers to go back where they came from and there is nothing raclal about it. So it's absurd to believe that it's a racist taunt.

by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2019 9:01 PM

The fact that R15 is not only here but has supporters and multiple sockpuppets is why Datalounge is basically filth now.

Watermelon jokes. There are fucking WATERMELON JOKES in this thread. Because it's 1932 again, apparently.

Muriel can make all the changes he wants but this board is majority alt-right bullshit now, and unless someone decides to actually hire a fucking moderator, it's only going to get worse. And pretty soon someone with an agenda is going to find this gay board full of racism and fascist propaganda and all hell is going to break loose for the gay community, and most of the people here are going to deserve it, because they either supported this shit or didn't care it was happening.

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2019 9:01 PM

[quote]When I lived in the rural Deep South, they had a solution for this. There were black checkers and white checkers-- if you're black, you go to the black line. If you're white, you go to the white line.

Jesus fucking christ, you're suggesting Jim Crow as a solution.

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2019 9:04 PM

I’m with you, R74.

And R75.

And R46.

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2019 9:09 PM

I'm still trying to decide if I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote] Jesus fucking christ, you're suggesting Jim Crow as a solution.

I was joking. I was horrified and got the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2019 9:12 PM

Why. Is. This. News?

Publix did not tell the woman to go back to where she came from. Nor, apparently, did he. Her dreaming that she was told something racist does not make it racist. Sorry. There is real racial bias and racism happening in this country. Two people arguing in a checkout lane is not news.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2019 9:13 PM

“Go back to where you came from” seems like a pretty damn racist thing to say to someone of Asian, Pacific Islander, Mexican, etc. descent or someone actually from Africa. But it could also be directed at someone who was born in Lithuania. Which gives an asshole who says it an out. I can’t understand a white person saying that to an American born black. That just seems nonsensical. Go back where?

R75 is missing the joke.

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2019 9:13 PM

Lemme show you bitches how it’s done...

by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2019 9:13 PM

I go through the 10 items line with 15 items because I'm a single woman who doesn't muddle about. If you're pregnant, old, or if you have kids with you, you should be prohibited from using the self-serve lanes.

by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2019 9:15 PM

This is why self checkouts were invented.

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2019 9:16 PM

Don't they have scooters>=? No one is forcing you to buy that many items, especially if you know that you can't stand for that long!

by Anonymousreply 84July 21, 2019 9:20 PM

All this could have been avoided by using Instacart.

by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote]I can’t understand a white person saying that to an American born black. That just seems nonsensical. Go back where?

If he had said it. which now we know he didn't, he could have easily meant go back to Macon or Savannah. Everybody wants to jump to the worst possibility.

by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2019 9:23 PM

R71 here. I've had white trash tell me "I don't know where you are from" when I confronted her for taking my place in a grocery store line (long line, I left my cart in place and stepped over an aisle to browse some items since the line wasn't moving - always visible and within arm's reach). When I reclaimed my spot that's what dropped out of her mouth. I have no accent nor do I look like I just got off the boat, so R80 it's totally within the realm of possibility to have some racist white fuck talk schmack about "where you came from" because it doesn't take a genius to use the line. Even with blacks, who presumably should go back to Africa.

Oh, yes, the lady I was standing behind vouched for me because I had actually followed her from another line that was even longer.

My response to that racist underpinning was "I don't know what trailer park you come from but it seems they don't have lines there."

The bitch threatened me with pepperspray and I told her to give it a try. She looked like a damn fool.

#AngryAsianGuy lol

by Anonymousreply 87July 21, 2019 9:24 PM

R86 are you for real?

by Anonymousreply 88July 21, 2019 9:25 PM

She should have said she desperately needed to pee. The “off her feet” thing is even less flattering to her because she is pretty overweight.

The guy admits to cursing out a pregnant woman with a child and one account I read says a Publix employee eventually asked him to leave. Even if he didn’t say “go back to where you came from” or the equivalent, I can understand the incident being upsetting enough that she misheard. And now she is being pilloried for admitting she isn’t sure.

by Anonymousreply 89July 21, 2019 9:25 PM

She best to be not done dat. Don’t sounds like he said nuffin wrong. No sir.

by Anonymousreply 90July 21, 2019 9:27 PM

R88 Try to keep up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 21, 2019 9:29 PM

R11, like George Zimmerman?

by Anonymousreply 92July 21, 2019 9:29 PM

She doesn't look pregnant, just fat.

by Anonymousreply 93July 21, 2019 9:35 PM

Htgey ate BOTH racist assholes. Both. Which makes his hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 94July 21, 2019 9:36 PM

*this not his

by Anonymousreply 95July 21, 2019 9:37 PM

Dod this guy know she was a local politician? How did he know to go back again?

by Anonymousreply 96July 21, 2019 9:38 PM

R94 I don't think he's racist, a little dumb though for telling a lady to get out of line when there are other lines empty. But she's absolutely racist and power hungry.

by Anonymousreply 97July 21, 2019 9:38 PM

She's not a regular person. She's an elected official! Her fat ass should know better!

by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2019 9:38 PM

Her being an elected official just shows how unimpressive you can be and still serve.

by Anonymousreply 99July 21, 2019 9:41 PM

the guy might be one of her constituents!! She embellished her story to fit the narrative of the story about the squad. Looking for political publicity.

by Anonymousreply 100July 21, 2019 9:44 PM

r96 He likely told a friend about the incident; the next day his friend sees this blowing up on Twitter and tells Eric. Eric probably believes this is the same woman so goes down to the market to check it out. He had no idea who she was during the confrontation.

by Anonymousreply 101July 21, 2019 9:44 PM

I doubt he knew who she was. Why would he? I wouldn't know any of my local politicians on sight. It's not as if you ever see them. This woman looks like Magic Johnson's son.

by Anonymousreply 102July 21, 2019 9:47 PM

Well apparently racism strikes again in her world as she was at the Westin Hotel pool and claimed that white people were served first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 21, 2019 10:07 PM

didnt he yell at her in a different line? He’s yelling at a woman and child calling names? If that’s what happened, he’s a fucking creepy asshole.

I’ve seen more than a few scenes in grocery stores this week. Men yelling at women in all cases. One was an old bagger yelling at a frau.

by Anonymousreply 104July 21, 2019 10:11 PM

Everything is about race to POC and they think it is to white people, too but it isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 105July 21, 2019 10:12 PM

R103 A casual look through her Twitter feed shows she's another Leslie Jones. Establishments beware.

by Anonymousreply 106July 21, 2019 10:21 PM

Wait. She couldn't be on her feet very long because she's so pregnant, but she can stand in the sun for press conference? I call bullshit on her story

by Anonymousreply 107July 21, 2019 10:21 PM

What politician cries - fake tears no less, on social media???

by Anonymousreply 108July 21, 2019 10:23 PM

She's probably the type who says "Do you know who I am? " when pulled over.

by Anonymousreply 109July 21, 2019 10:24 PM

I was taken aback when she offered to shake his hand. No doubt she wanted to photo in order to spin the story in her favor. Glad he resisted.

by Anonymousreply 110July 21, 2019 10:24 PM

R104 She was being rude and he overreacted. It's not like something like that doesn't happen every day. It's not a male or female thing but a human thing.

by Anonymousreply 111July 21, 2019 10:26 PM

Hilarious! They're both batshit crazy. BTW those saying that the guy is "Cuban" as if that makes him non-white or non racist might want to check out the average genetic results of Cubans on 23andme. They're some of the most European motherfuckers in Latin America. He's probably only half Cuban though. "Sparkes" isn't exactly a Hispanic last name. But yeah, the guy is obviously not a racist and was just calling her out on her disregard for checkout lane etiquette. She tried to pull the race card and exaggerate the story for attention and it looks like it backfired on her. Turns out that what she thought was an average "white guy" she could accuse of being a racist turned out to be a Hispanic Democrat who criticizes Trump on twitter. I just find it weird that the guy would show up to her press conference to call her out though. This whole thing seems so strange, almost as if it were planned. I don't know to what end though....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 21, 2019 10:29 PM

She was actually crying on SM because it confirmed that people think she's just a fatty until she mentions she's pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 113July 21, 2019 10:30 PM

R112, he's Cuban because his grandma is Cuban. He felt racism because she spoke no English. According to this very long interview between both of them.

I find the whole thing sad and hilarious. The amount of distrust the races have in this country for people to blow up like this. Over a freaking checkout line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 21, 2019 10:35 PM

He hates Trump. She hates Trump. Why are they fighting each other?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 21, 2019 10:41 PM

An elected lawmakers tells a man standing up for proper etiquette that he should be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 116July 21, 2019 10:46 PM

"I did NOT tell you to go back where you came from. I called you a B-I-T-C-H."

by Anonymousreply 117July 21, 2019 10:47 PM

Just because you criticize someone doesn’t make it racist. I applaud the man because the cunt was in the wrong line. If he were really “yelling” at her, where are the witnesses? Why doesn’t the cunt have any witnesses? I’m sick of people playing the race card and I’m sick of all the bullshit #metoo.

by Anonymousreply 118July 21, 2019 10:49 PM

R118 Yep. Nobody whipped out their cellphone and hit record?

by Anonymousreply 119July 21, 2019 10:52 PM

Life is the ten-items-or-less lane and I'm the woman with 15 items.

by Anonymousreply 120July 21, 2019 10:54 PM

Has she spun this into misogyny yet? "Okay, he never made any racist remarks but he called me a bitch so clearly he hates women!"

by Anonymousreply 121July 21, 2019 10:54 PM

Honestly, though, who cares if there are other free lanes open? I mean TWO other free lanes where no one is? It doesn't fucking matter. Maybe they didn't see the sign and unloaded before they were aware. I can see myself doing something like that. No one needs to be berated about it.

by Anonymousreply 122July 21, 2019 10:58 PM

The last thing this bitch was expecting was the guy to show up at her press conference lol! SURPRISE!

by Anonymousreply 123July 21, 2019 11:08 PM

These two need to just sit down and hash it out. Preferably at Disneyland, in Toontown.

by Anonymousreply 124July 21, 2019 11:11 PM

Is he a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 125July 21, 2019 11:11 PM

This confusion is tearing me apart!

by Anonymousreply 126July 21, 2019 11:15 PM

R121 So far she's pulled the racism card, anti-immigrant card, woman card, and pregnancy card. I'm surprised she hasn't pulled the fat discrimination card yet, and yes she's pregnant but she's also obese hence the "inability" to wait in line properly unlike other people. Bitch straight up lied in public because she wanted to become famous as a victim and have the assigned, however fleeting social media fame that goes along with it. Selfish, monetary gains likely a nice little extra. I'm just astonished that she's so dumb as to not realize that there are cameras inside the supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 127July 21, 2019 11:44 PM

R105 as a POC, you aren probably right. However, it’s about race enough times and that’s all a POC needs to know.

No need to concern myself with the privilege of whites who can’t be bothered to consider the dynamics of race in the world around them.

by Anonymousreply 128July 21, 2019 11:50 PM

OMG if you have 15 minutes free DO watch the video at r24, r114, it is the epitome of pettiness. It's such a bizarre tableau--the reporters holding microphones as these two people bitch at each other about who was and wasn't right to be in the express lane at a grocery store. It feels like this should be in a comedy! And this is a DL worthy level of pettiness, I love it!

by Anonymousreply 129July 21, 2019 11:50 PM

Joe Rogan is right: We are living in AWESOME times. I am loving this stuff, fascinating human behavior. And nobody gets away with making shit up anymore.

by Anonymousreply 130July 21, 2019 11:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 21, 2019 11:57 PM

I love how he says he’s white cuban and has felt racism.

by Anonymousreply 132July 22, 2019 12:00 AM

As a POPC (Person of peach color) I am so sick of being called white. I am not white. I have a color. White is the absence of color. I have a peach color.

The worst thing about racism is the blanket statements and lumping in with all other people who sort of look like you. Takes away a person's individuality. I wish we would do away with all the counting, checkboxes, and other constant reminders that put us into categories. Fund all schools equally and stop asking about race.

There shouldn't be a 'no man's land' when it comes to race. Everyone should be able to get along with everyone else. Never let anyone put a race label on you and rob you of your individuality. You didn't choose your body, and you can't choose it now. Sammy Sosa can but that's just sad. You get what I mean. Just, equality and equal respect for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 133July 22, 2019 12:02 AM

[quote]I love how he says he’s white cuban and has felt racism.

He's a native-born American and looks as white as Dick Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 134July 22, 2019 12:12 AM

R132 It does happen frequently with biracial people where they grew up with one parent who didn't speak much or very good English AND they're not White. I'm biracial Asian/ White and have many friends with similar experiences. As a little kid I would get mad and embarrassed when people made fun of my dad's pronunciation, he attended university here but definitely spoke with an accent. My ex-boyfriend is also Asian/ White but with Korean mother and White father, and he endured the same thing. We're not that old in fact we're in our 30s and yes, soft racism was still alive in the 80s/ 90s when we were growing up. If my dark blond hair/ hazel eyes ex-BF didn't tell people that he was 1/2 Asian, people wouldn't know and they used to say racist shit in front of him until he set them straight. With me, I'm more of a definitive mix of both Asian and White so I didn't experience that aspect of racism as much. That said, this bitch got all that's gonna come to her being exposed for being an opportunist who cares more for fame than race relations.

by Anonymousreply 135July 22, 2019 12:17 AM

[quote] "I did NOT tell you to go back where you came from. I called you a B-I-T-C-H."

That's priceless

by Anonymousreply 136July 22, 2019 12:32 AM

Andy Ngo chimes in:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 22, 2019 12:35 AM

If this guy really had said to her, "go back where you came from", you better believe this woman would've been all up in his face at that press conference in the Publix parking lot: "YOU SAID TO ME, GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM. THOSE WERE YOUR EXACT WORDS!" The fact that she didn't do that is very revealing.

by Anonymousreply 138July 22, 2019 12:41 AM

He should have offered to eat her black cunt.

by Anonymousreply 139July 22, 2019 1:07 AM

Has the cashier spoken yet or was this a self-checkout lane?

by Anonymousreply 140July 22, 2019 1:47 AM

R114 omg I can not believe she thought it was a good idea to act like that in that video! She sounds like a teenager, smh

by Anonymousreply 141July 22, 2019 1:52 AM

This was very weird. There have been LOTS of cases in the past year where white people overreacted about something they saw blacks doing (grilling with the "wrong" type of grill, swimming in a pool, napping on a couch in a college dorm) and called the police, ultimately wasting the police officers' time. So, her story could have been believable...if ONLY the guy hadn't shown up to defend himself. She seemed too defensive, talking loudly and over him to try to intimidate and silence him, refusing to answer reporters' questions directly, and trying to dominate him by insisting he shake her hand. On the other hand, she seemed like he was telling the truth. He was calmer, and he copped to being an asshole (just not as big an asshole as she accused him of being). I love how he keeps spelling the "b" word. It was also hilarious how they stood so closely side-by-side. Obviously they were both trying to fit in the camera frame at the same time, but they looked like friends or coworkers standing so closely together.

When I go to the grocery store, the only thing I hate more than people going into the express lane with too many items is when a cashier opens up a new line, and instead of taking someone who was "next" in the longer line, takes someone from the end of the line. And when lazy B-I-T-C-Hes leave their cart in the middle of the parking lot instead of pushing it back to the corral after putting their groceries in their car.

by Anonymousreply 142July 22, 2019 1:55 AM

Oops, above, I meant to say: On the other hand, HE seemed like he was telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 143July 22, 2019 1:57 AM

First: to quote Ms. Swan, she looka like a man. Second: I don't by her bullshit without a witness to confirm, she's changing her story. Third: Mr. Cuban can think he's white - but he's not.

by Anonymousreply 144July 22, 2019 2:03 AM

[quote]Mr. Cuban can think he's white - but he's not.

Please. If it wasn't for his last name you wouldn't think this guy was anything other but white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 22, 2019 2:20 AM

Everyone thinks Cameron Diaz is white

by Anonymousreply 146July 22, 2019 2:21 AM

It actually doesn't seem like he's telling the truth when he insists he never told her to go back where she came from, but at the same time can't remember what he said at all.

If he just told her to go back to the other line then all he'd have to do is apologize for the misunderstanding, which you'd think he'd be happy to do if he was really a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 147July 22, 2019 2:23 AM

You have to remember that this is DL, where anyone who doesn't look like a Hitler Youth poster is "white adjacent."

by Anonymousreply 148July 22, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote]If he just told her to go back to the other line then all he'd have to do is apologize for the misunderstanding, which you'd think he'd be happy to do if he was really a Democrat.

So you think he spent years trashing Trump and the GOP on social media just so he could use it as cover on the off chance he'd tell a black woman in the future to go back to where she came from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 22, 2019 2:27 AM

[quote]the only thing I hate more than people going into the express lane with too many items

This is such a dumb thing to be upset about. Our world is crumbling and you're mad that someone had a couple of extra items in the express lane? The jokes earlier in the thread about it played on the classic uptight Datalounger who screams in fury when a rule is broken but to be ACTUALLY UPSET over this is such a waste of time.

I also don't understand how there isn't a single person here who doesn't just use the self checkout, or order online and pick it up or have it delivered. Or go to a smaller shop when you just have a few items to get. Everyone here goes to a big grocery store to buy 8 items and NEVER uses the self checkout, I guess?

It's like a time warp on DL.

by Anonymousreply 150July 22, 2019 2:28 AM

No, Sausages, that's not what I think and it's not what I said, as you well know. Find someone who hasn't endured your under-medicated idiocy for over a decade to fight with. I got tired of dealing with you back in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 151July 22, 2019 2:30 AM

R150 you heard of road rage right?

by Anonymousreply 152July 22, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote]Or go to a smaller shop when you just have a few items to get. Everyone here goes to a big grocery store to buy 8 items

Depending on where you live there could be no smaller shops. A supermarket is your only option.

by Anonymousreply 153July 22, 2019 2:31 AM

You know anyone can feel racism. They may not have a similar experience as other people but yes, we don't have complete white majority areas in the US. There ARE places in America where some cities are nearly 100% not white. If a white person grew up in those cities, they could definitely experience racism. Certain sections of cities around the country are like that. In that Everclear, Father of Mine 90s song the singer says it was hard to be a scared white boy growing up in a black neighborhood.

So they may not always feel an institutional form racism, but they can certainly feel racism.

It's strange that people would not accept that white people could not experience racism. It's like people think a person who is white is on some untouchable plateau of protection from being judged based off race. Just, no. Incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 154July 22, 2019 2:32 AM

[quote]Find someone who hasn't endured your under-medicated idiocy for over a decade to fight with. I got tired of dealing with you back in 2008.

I'm not your mother, honey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 22, 2019 2:34 AM

I don't see why his skin color matters. His grandmother wasn't born here. I also appear white but am first generation American. I didn't benefit from generational privilege. Even though I'm white, I still have ethnic features. What type of privilege am I entitled to if any? Where does this madness end?

by Anonymousreply 156July 22, 2019 2:37 AM

The disgusting part in this story is that the Black legislator was the person with the power. She then utilized that power to portray herself as a victim of racism, and in doing so instigating more racial animosity within not just her own community but society in general. She did the video WISHING it would go viral thereby making her an instant celebrity-victim du jour. There are some truly despicable angles to her story when you look beyond the petty and funny details surrounding the incident. Remember she was the legislator with actual power both as function of her position and as related to power of persuasion, support from her political party and legislative colleagues. He was a regular citizen. She misused the power that was entrusted to her via the elective process, for that reason she should do the honorable thing and resign.

by Anonymousreply 157July 22, 2019 3:16 AM

Indeed, r157

by Anonymousreply 158July 22, 2019 3:54 AM

Bitch tried to pull a hustle and got called the fuck out!

by Anonymousreply 159July 22, 2019 4:06 AM

LOL at this thread being crossed out. I wonder who wants to bury this story.

by Anonymousreply 160July 22, 2019 6:08 AM

She was probably hoping the store--even though they weren't at fault--would write her a check as a token of goodwill for its public relations.

by Anonymousreply 161July 22, 2019 1:10 PM

R150, not every store has self-checkout yet. My local Whole Foods doesn't have it. My local Safeway doesn't have it. My local organic foods store doesn't have it.

It sounds like this store didn't have it, either.

by Anonymousreply 162July 22, 2019 1:12 PM

[quote] I called you a B-I-T-C-H.

He wasn't lying

by Anonymousreply 163July 22, 2019 5:35 PM

[quote] Has the cashier spoken yet or was this a self-checkout lane?

Even the self checkouts have a cashier monitoring them. From what he said, the cashiers/employees told him they weren't allowed to say anything to their customers, BUT that he COULD say something

That lets me know she was in the wrong. They didn't like her either, but aren't allowed to say anything. If they want their jobs they won't say a word

by Anonymousreply 164July 22, 2019 5:44 PM

He looks hispanic to me. I don't know if she's a racist but she's obviously entitled and the fact that's she lobbying for a criminal investigation tells me that she's a disgusting person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 22, 2019 7:30 PM

We know he's not a Datalounger because he would've called her a cunt instead of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 166July 22, 2019 7:44 PM

This cunt wants it both ways. While she's since walked back the claim that he said "go back to your own country", she's now doubling down that he "verbally assaulted her" among other things. Now she wants an investigation into his actions. Like I said before in my R157 post, as an elected official she's using intentionally and falsely her powers to behave despicably towards a citizen who has less power than her. The more she pops off her mouth, and she's continually doing so on twitter, the more Erica Sparkes has a case of defamation lawsuit against her because she's doing this in the public sphere, thus negatively affecting not just his occupational endeavors but his own safety too.

by Anonymousreply 167July 22, 2019 7:48 PM

^^^ meant to say Eric Sparkes. This Erica vs. Eric thing adds a layer of hilarity to the incident

by Anonymousreply 168July 22, 2019 7:49 PM

It's also disturbing that she as a Black person, now gets to decide whether or not another person gets to identify as a member of an ethnic or racial minority group. She's doing so on the basis that he did not look ethnic or dark enough for her own criteria. Did I miss the memo somewhere? Do White or POC belonging to SJW leftwing of the Dem party now possess the right to deny or assign you in matters of race and ethnicity? Because this is what Erica Thomas is doing and continues to do. Imagine the uproar if a White person denies a biracial or White-appearing Black person that he/ she is Black solely on appearance.

by Anonymousreply 169July 22, 2019 7:56 PM

R169 Yes, this has been going on for decades. Apparently, the ability to pass for white is all that matters to people like her. I'm sure she doesn't give a crap about multiculturalism. If this guy spoke with a heavy accent, she still would have gone on her bigoted tirade.

by Anonymousreply 170July 22, 2019 8:17 PM

I still think this is hilarious. He ran her out of her own news conference. And he was twice as believable and likable as she was.

In the store, they were both assholes. She knowingly went in the wrong line, not caring if she inconvenienced anyone else. He said something, the situation escalated, and he cursed at her in front of her kid.

by Anonymousreply 171July 22, 2019 8:48 PM

R171 didn’t she swear at him first? I thought he pointed out the ten items or less sign and she got loud and swore at him. Stupid of her to use that checkout line and acting a fool considering she’s an elected official and everyone has camera phones.

by Anonymousreply 172July 22, 2019 9:09 PM

This is a case of two wrongs do not make a white.

by Anonymousreply 173July 22, 2019 9:18 PM

Welcome to ATL (well, the suburbs, actually, the WORST).

by Anonymousreply 174July 22, 2019 9:30 PM

R172 Unfortunately for him, he can't remember what she said when she stepped towards him; if the video footage actually does show her stepping towards him then that debunks her claim that she was "terrified" and "feared for her life". When he was replaying the incident he alleges he approached her politely as pointed to the sign that reads "10 items or less" then she said something to him which he doesn't remember. I think she immediately went off on him ("Da fuck you think you are, whitie!? Don't tell me what to do!") which prompted the "selfish, lazy bitch!" comment.

by Anonymousreply 175July 22, 2019 9:31 PM

R175 Her aggressive stance against him and talking over him at the news conference showed that she wasn't afraid of him, at that time and most likely at the store. Does she look like someone who is afraid of any stranger attempting to correct her shitty, public behavior, something that her parents should've done years ago? Of course not. She appears to be someone who automatically accosts you to cuss you out if you so much as look at her in perceived wrong way or accidentally bump into her at the store. She was the one trying to intimidate him at the news conference, not him. So that tells me that her bad acting job as a wronged, scared, pregnant woman being told off by White racist dude was all a con job from the very beginning. Problem for her is that she's too dumb to recognize when to apologize and go away. She's still trying to make like he was a big ole meanie who's likely racist.

by Anonymousreply 176July 22, 2019 9:49 PM

She needs to work on her victim posture if she wants to convince anybody she's afraid of little Eric. She towers over him and outweighs him by at least 100 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 177July 23, 2019 1:32 AM

WTF does she want him to be investigated for? She's really grasping at straws here. She is embarrassing herself.

by Anonymousreply 178July 23, 2019 1:37 AM

The Hispanic guy isn't letting her steamroller him.

ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS46) -- A Cobb County man might sue a Georgia lawmaker after she claimed he told her, “Go back to where you came from,” during a confrontation at a grocery store.

In a statement Monday, Eric Sparkes told CBS46 he’s “in the process of exploring with attorneys a defamation lawsuit against her.”

Sparkes continued, “This woman, Ms. Thomas, is playing the victim for political purposes because she’s a state legislator. I’m a Democrat, number one. I vote Democrat party line, number two. Proven facts, all my facts can be proven. My Facebook, all my statements are anti-Trump, anti-Republican, anti-racism, anti-bigotry.”

A few minutes later, when Sparkes was no longer around, a reporter asked Thomas specifically what Sparkes said in his “go back” remark in the store.

“‘He said, ‘Go back,’ those types of words. I don’t want to say he said, “Go back to your country,’ or ‘Go back to where you came from,’ but he was making those types of references, is what I remember.’”

At a news conference Monday, flanked by her attorney Gerald Griggs and a handful of Democratic state lawmakers, Thomas stood by what she said in her original Facebook video.

“That’s when he said and made a reference to, ‘Go back where you came from.’”

After her remarks, Thomas declined to answer questions from reporters, instead walking out of the room as her supporters followed behind her.

After Thomas’s news conference, Sparkes sent CBS46 the following statement:

Ms. Thomas has taken an innocuous situation that began on my part to be about being inconsiderate and turned into a national case about race over night. Ms. Thomas accuses me of telling her to go back to wherever. Those words were never spoken. She backtracked slightly and now is changing her story. I am in the process of exploring with attorneys a defamation lawsuit against her.

The Cobb County Republican Party also speaking out, calling on Rep. Thomas to resign if "it turns out to be true she defamed a private citizen and Democratic constituent for political purposes." The argument happened Saturday at a Publix in Mableton. Sparkes claims he simply pointed out to a shopper, whom he says he didn’t recognize as a state lawmaker, that she had too many items in the lane designated for shoppers with 10 items or fewer.

State Rep. Erica Thomas acknowledges she had too many items, but she said she explained to the man that she’s 9-months pregnant and has trouble standing for long periods of time. Both Thomas and Sparkes admit they exchanged words and both left the store.

When Thomas came home, she posted an emotional video on her Facebook page, saying a white man berated her using racist language.

“He says, ‘You lazy son of a bitch. You need to go back where you came from,’” Thomas said tearfully in the video.

The video quickly gained traction on social media because of President Donald Trump’s controversial tweet earlier this month in which he suggested that four nonwhite Congresswomen “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.”

The next day, as Thomas met with reporters outside the Publix, she was surprised to see Sparkes approach reporters to tell his side of the story. That’s when the two exchanged words once more.

“Do you not feel bad? Do you feel bad at all?” asked Thomas.

“Do you understand you’re a liar?” Sparkes shot back.

“I’m a liar about what?” asked Thomas.

“Everything that happened,” Sparkes answered.

He then acknowledge that he used profanity, but he said it was because she came toward him aggressively after he pointed out that she had too many items in the express checkout lane.

“I called you a lazy b-i-t-c-h,” Sparkes said. That’s the worst thing I said.”

Sparkes then addressed reporters.

“Her video stating that I told her she needs to go back where she came from (is) untrue. I am Cuban. I’m not white. I am white, but I’m Cuban,” he clarified. “I was raised with a Cuban grandmother that didn’t speak any English.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 23, 2019 6:57 AM

"If it wasn't for his last name you wouldn't think this guy was anything other but white."

R145 that means nothing. There were black people who could pass as white who did so in the past to avoid the problems that being black came with, but that they were seen as white didn't make them actually white. Same with this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 180July 23, 2019 7:28 AM

LOCK HER UP

by Anonymousreply 181July 23, 2019 7:30 AM

"I'm Cuban I'm not white!" "I'm white but I'm cuban!"

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 182July 23, 2019 7:41 AM

It’s not so much a race issue as it is an education issue.

This man was probably raised to follow the rules and appreciates order. It likely angers him to suffer because someone else is inconveniencing him by breaking the rules.

This woman feels she is above the rules and feels this white man is oppressing her by getting in her business. It doesn’t matter what he said, she felt marginalized.

This story reinforces stereotypes that “white” men feel like they can tell others what to do and blacks are disordered animals. It is a real problem in the US and the reason more homogenous countries don’t deal with this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 183July 23, 2019 2:10 PM

Rep Thomas now wants police to charge Sparkes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 23, 2019 2:30 PM

r184 twitter link is interesting. Most are asking what I was wondering. CHARGE HIM WITH WHAT?

The odds of his defamation lawsuit against her just jumped.

by Anonymousreply 185July 23, 2019 2:44 PM

Sir, you are charged with three counts of rudeness, one count of hurting a sensitive flower's feelings, and four counts of interrupting her press conference. Total fine? Nada. Rudeness is not against the law.

by Anonymousreply 186July 23, 2019 2:57 PM

R186 is exactly right. They were both assholes in the store. She disregarded the store's "10 items or less" rules. He said something to her about it. (Most of us would be pissed, too, but probably wouldn't have bothered to say anything.) Then they both escalated the situation. I don't think this has anything to do with race. Society's self-proclaimed hall monitors will admonish white people for these types of offenses, too.

by Anonymousreply 187July 23, 2019 3:17 PM

R187 I don't know. If someone did to me what she did to this man during the press conference, I'd have a hard time biting my tongue. He actually showed a lot of restraint during that press conference.

by Anonymousreply 188July 23, 2019 4:26 PM

I don't know for a fact that she sent death threats to Nick Sandmann and the other Covington kids, but somehow I know it's true.

by Anonymousreply 189July 23, 2019 4:31 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sure she was wrong for using the wrong line (big deal, stop the presses!) but he was worse to call her a bitch in front of her 9 year old daughter. Really? That's shameful.

Sure, he says he's not racist and all that, but he crossed a line. She might have overdone the boo hoo thing and cry of racism on the internet video. He may or may not be a racist. But still, a line was crossed. Don't yell at women in front of kids.

by Anonymousreply 190July 23, 2019 7:44 PM

Don't yell at dads either. Don't yell at anyone.

by Anonymousreply 191July 23, 2019 7:45 PM

R190, she might have yelled at him first. Based on what has been said, this is how I imagine it going down.

Woman:

Man: You know that line is for ten items or less, right?

Woman: Don't you tell ME what to do! You mind your own damned business. I'm in a hurry!

Man: why, you lazy [B-word]

by Anonymousreply 192July 23, 2019 7:58 PM

They are BOTH assholes. This was about her being a woman. She then wanted sympathy and a hall pass because she’s pregnant. That fed his comment of “bitch”. Then she cries fake tears on Twitter. Stop asking for special treatment. She wasn’t afraid of jack shit. She’s at the store next day for a press conference. This cunt is so thirsty for her reflection! I hope he sues the shit out of her. She shouldn’t be pushing the rules around. The store has the dvd of the incident. Curious it isn’t being seen. It would show physically who did what.

by Anonymousreply 193July 23, 2019 8:24 PM

Has Jussie commented?

by Anonymousreply 194July 23, 2019 8:41 PM

In a perfect world, this incident would be roasted on SNL, but you know they wouldn't touch this incident with a ten foot pole.

by Anonymousreply 195July 23, 2019 8:59 PM

R195 Agreed. It would finally give Leslie Jones a role she could excel at since it wouldn't be much of a stress (both live and love to throw around race accusations).

by Anonymousreply 196July 23, 2019 9:13 PM

I bet they would.

You could really make fun of her crying over a scrawny little shrimp of a man, and over him thinking bitch is appropriate terminology. Leslie Jones could play the politician. She's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 197July 23, 2019 9:13 PM

It would be hilarious on SNL actually.

by Anonymousreply 198July 23, 2019 9:14 PM

Why are her Dem colleagues standing by her? Are they in safe Dem districts hence don’t give a flying fuck?

by Anonymousreply 199July 23, 2019 9:14 PM

If they make this a recurring character for Leslie Jones, I might start watching SNL again. Of course they won't because they have become too PC which is the enemy of comedy. They'll just continue to beat the dead horse that is Trump because that's all their audience cares about.

by Anonymousreply 200July 23, 2019 9:22 PM

Jerry Seinfeld said something about today's PC climate being detrimental to good comedy, and SNL is proving that on weekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 201July 23, 2019 9:28 PM

Jussie Smollett 2.0

And just like his dumb ass, she's going to double down on it. She won't be as lucky as him

by Anonymousreply 202July 24, 2019 5:49 AM

Nah Smollett was MUCH worse. This is just a blip. Jussie did a major disservice to both blacks AND gays, not easy to do. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 203July 24, 2019 2:44 PM

Also Jussie committed actual felonies. This woman was just a racist liar, which isn't actually illegal.

by Anonymousreply 204July 24, 2019 3:44 PM

Uh-oh, apparently Erica Thomas was the one who told Eric Sparkes to "go back where you came from" per eyewitness reports. Lawd the projection is strong with that cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 24, 2019 7:43 PM

She isn’t comparable to Smollet, but smearing someone the way she has tried to smear Sparkes (who is probably also an asshole) is pretty bad. If he were a conservative his name would be mud. I’m expecting to see at least once response saying that if he was a conservative he’d be guilty and deserve that and worse.

It would be funny if her baby was born in November. I don’t think she is anywhere near nine months pregnant. But not sure how far off from that she would need to be for it to rise to the level of a lie.

by Anonymousreply 206July 24, 2019 8:34 PM

This is one of those situations where, if the woman backtracks and apologizes, it could de-escalate. "I'm sorry. I misunderstood him. In the heat of the moment (nine months pregnant, shocked, whatever) I misheard, but I've seen the Publix video and spoken with him and he seems credible."

But we don't just apologize anymore, mostly due to face but also due to a litigious culture. But it's better than eating your own party members for a disproven story.

It'll be interesting to see if she has any primary challengers.

by Anonymousreply 207July 24, 2019 8:44 PM

So it seems, at least according to the police report based on their viewing of the incident, that she was the aggressor, then turned this into a woe-is-me video for sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 208July 24, 2019 8:49 PM

PRICELESSSSSSS! She was the one who said it. Oh my sides. Jesus Christ, in this environment she could have gotten him killed, or fired..etc etc.

Her face screams bpd

by Anonymousreply 209July 24, 2019 8:52 PM

She needs to be expelled from the legislature. Society can't allow these false claims of racism to continue to go on without consequences.

by Anonymousreply 210July 24, 2019 10:20 PM

From R205

[quote]He quickly retreated as Thomas responded and took a step in his direction. She then followed him a few more steps as he walked away, pointing a finger at him.

Yeah, sounds like she was scared and "feared for her life". If I was in Mexico walking alone at 3AM being followed by a sketchy group of men, I would step towards them and point my finger.

by Anonymousreply 211July 24, 2019 10:34 PM

The AJC article at r205 has a link to the actual surveillance video from publix, but it's a dropbox with a .exe file which I am NOT taking a chance on opening (although I would expect it IS legit, given that a major news organization is linking it). Anyone braver than me want to give it a chance?

by Anonymousreply 212July 24, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote]Two wrongs don't make a right.

There was only one wrong. Hers.

[quote]Sure she was wrong for using the wrong line (big deal, stop the presses!) but he was worse to call her a bitch in front of her 9 year old daughter. Really? That's shameful.

No, being entitled as fuck is what's shameful, R190. "Ten or fewer items" doesn't mean fifteen or twenty items. She was a raging bitchcunt from hell, as she has now proven at least twice. If you don't want to be called a bitch in front of your nine year old daughter DON'T BE A BITCH IN FRONT OF YOUR NINE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.

by Anonymousreply 213July 24, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote]Man: You know that line is for ten items or less, right?

I find it hard to imagine he would not have said "ten items or fewer."

by Anonymousreply 214July 24, 2019 11:16 PM

R209 No, don't blame mental illness for doing bad shit, sometimes people are just assholes or cunts no excuses whatsoever. Her face actually screams ill-educated, dumb, and fat cunt who thinks she's entitled to break rules.

by Anonymousreply 215July 25, 2019 12:01 AM

She’s an orphan brought up in group home or something. Her pic of her and Obama is pathetic on her twitter header. . Lol She cannot speak well. How did she get this far? Her hair and her daughters hair! Lolol I think she deleted all of it from the time line. She’s awful. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 216July 25, 2019 12:09 AM

I want to see the video from Publix.

by Anonymousreply 217July 25, 2019 12:11 AM

Don’t forget she had her daughter lie for her in the original fake tears video, she is disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 218July 25, 2019 12:21 AM

R217 Did she look like the more belligerent of the two?

by Anonymousreply 219July 25, 2019 12:51 AM

Oops, I thought you said you saw it. Nvm

by Anonymousreply 220July 25, 2019 12:52 AM

Someone got this cow pregnant? Twice??!

by Anonymousreply 221July 25, 2019 10:23 AM

R212, I wouldn’t risk it. Even in the article itself it states Publix has not released the video, so I don’t know what that link could be.

by Anonymousreply 222July 25, 2019 11:12 AM

[quote]Someone got this cow pregnant? Twice??!

Sad to say this, but I’m now genuinely curious if she’s currently pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 223July 25, 2019 11:13 AM

Here's the Publix video. She was definitely belligerent and ready to speak her mind aka not scared for her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 25, 2019 12:51 PM

Great scoop, r224! Last we heard the video hadn’t been released.

Anyway, yes she definitely looks like she’s “in fear.”

by Anonymousreply 225July 25, 2019 1:16 PM

[quote] I’m now genuinely curious if she’s currently pregnant.

Tubitha may simply be...tubitha.

by Anonymousreply 226July 25, 2019 1:24 PM

The majority (all?) of the other employees and customers being black also make her claims to have been scared and targeted racially less believable. OTOH, there were no lines! Who cares how many items she has? WTF is wrong with that guy?

I’m calling 9/29 for the birth date. I think she’ll do whatever it takes to deliver before October, now that she has claimed to be nine months along already.

by Anonymousreply 227July 25, 2019 1:32 PM

Tubitha reminds me of Precious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228July 25, 2019 1:40 PM

[quote]Who cares how many items she has? WTF is wrong with that guy?

Nothing is wrong with that guy. "10 items or fewer" means 10 items or fewer. Not 15. Not 20.

by Anonymousreply 229July 25, 2019 1:44 PM

In that video, the man did get pretty close to her. He could have stood by the sign and said, "Hey did you know that this aisle is for people with 10 items or fewer?" But, instead he got right up to her face and pointed to the sign. (Just like he stood just inches from her when he crashed her press conference.) I can't tell if he was speaking calmly or if he was shouting. At that point, she could have just said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I was in such a hurry I wasn't paying attention. I'll try to avoid doing that in the future." But, no. She stepped towards him, and she seems to be yelling at him. She looks like she's used to intimidating people with her height and loud voice.

by Anonymousreply 230July 25, 2019 2:10 PM

She's Tubitha.

by Anonymousreply 231July 25, 2019 2:16 PM

I thought I was on the guy’s side. Not faulting him for anything. Even in favor of him pointing out the sign. None of that “both were jackasses” that I read above; however, he was on the completed side of the registers. Not behind her, being frustrated by the wait. I’d like to hear more about this. I suppose it’s still ok, but I’d want to hear more.

I’ve snuck in with maybe 12 items, but 15 really seems excessive. I feel guilty with 11.

by Anonymousreply 232July 25, 2019 9:14 PM

Cunty Erica also wrote a tweet right after the Florida high school shooting saying the shooter deserved prayers and sympathy as a victim of the system. She's since deleted that tweet but it's been archived. Seriously would a nice Dem in her district please primary her in the next election?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 25, 2019 9:55 PM

Is that real r223?

by Anonymousreply 234July 25, 2019 10:31 PM

Yes it's real she's since deleted it, R223. She's a certified cunt.

by Anonymousreply 235July 25, 2019 10:35 PM

Nikolas Cruz seems like the kind of person who would try to check 35 items out in the "ten or fewer" line.

by Anonymousreply 236July 25, 2019 10:38 PM

Yeah, I'm with 232. Seeing him with the option to keep walking out the door makes it all a bit busy-body instead of just frustrated. Someone who might love drama taking on someone else who also loves drama. Not the way I pictured it all when first described; I figured he was at least in some line and directly affected by what she did.

by Anonymousreply 237July 25, 2019 10:38 PM

R237 Did you pay attention to what he said at the impromptu news conference? He said he went to leave and had one foot outside before he went back inside to speak his mind. The video falls in line with what he said, she was the one who then went aggressive on him.

by Anonymousreply 238July 25, 2019 10:43 PM

Oh, I don't doubt his story. It all matches up -- but I lose some sympathy for his side when he went so out of his way to make his point to some stranger, especially since it hadn't affected him directly. Very different from a spontaneous outburst. I tend to find busybodies obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 239July 25, 2019 11:05 PM

Oh lord, if being a snotty bitchy busybody counts as being a racist, three quarters of DL might as well invest in the pointy-headed white robe right now.

by Anonymousreply 240July 25, 2019 11:45 PM

He's not a racist. He's a cuntist. And she deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 241July 25, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote]but I lose some sympathy for his side when he went so out of his way to make his point to some stranger, especially since it hadn't affected him directly.

He gets extra credit for that. Most people don't have the courage or sense of duty to speak up when someone is breaking the rules.

by Anonymousreply 242July 25, 2019 11:52 PM

[quote]No need to concern myself with the privilege of whites who can’t be bothered to consider the dynamics of race in the world around them.

Again the U.S. does not equate to "the world".

by Anonymousreply 243July 25, 2019 11:52 PM

"Most people don't have the courage or sense of duty to speak up when someone is breaking the rules."

Yeah but it's also an exhausting way to live. You've heard of "Pick your battles...", right? I'm not sure this one merited it. Then again, I got into it with a very large African American woman at an Atlanta CVS when I told her to "get off her fucking phone" which she had on loud Speaker while the clerk was trying to check her out, impossible to do. She started yelling and continued all the way into the parking lot. So yeah... I get it.

by Anonymousreply 244July 25, 2019 11:57 PM

This has less to do with who was right and wrong and more to do with her being a politician caught in a lie in an attempt to gain victim points. Not to mention her awful behaviour and attitude at the press conference in front of the store; she was acting like an irrational child throwing a temper tantrum.

So far, he was the only one to actually attempt to give an accurate description of the incident to the best of his abilities; when he couldn't recall certain things she said he admitted that he didn't know. She goes from accusing him of racism to "I don't want to say he said that, but he made those references". If you tell the truth you don't need a good memory. She's a liar.

by Anonymousreply 245July 26, 2019 12:02 AM

Watch this local news report (why are they always called "action" news??). It includes witness testimony (the cashier) who says the POLITICIAN! told the (cuban) white man to go back to where HE came from.

Posters like r239 are missing the point. The (cuban) white man's side is that he DIDN'T tell the politician to "go back where she came from," not that being a busybody is totally fine and appreciated (it's obviously not) nor that he is a fine, upstanding citizen totally above reproach (probably not, who is?). The "sides" in this dumb story are with the politician, who has been refuted by video, witness testimony, and certainly demeanor during the "press conference," or skeptical/disbelieving of the politician.

Also, I cannot believe that this thread is crossed out. There are often asshole racist comments in threads about situations like this on DL, but this one is pretty free of that nonsense and has actually kept closely to the story and discussion about the story. Is DL so full of sensitive snowflakes that any story with race as a variable MUST be buried lest someone accidentally see something that offends their precious eyes? Christ. The toon town thread is FULL of racist BS and it's not crossed out, but this one apparently crosses the line?? Get a grip!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 26, 2019 12:28 AM

r246 Link didn't work (surprise) so here's a link to the google cache of that news story/video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 26, 2019 12:32 AM

r246, r247

That didn't work either. The story/video is titled "video-sheds-new-light-on-grocery-store-confrontation-between-lawmaker-man" if you want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 248July 26, 2019 12:34 AM

Honestly, I believe him. This set off my bullshit detector just like Jussie Smollett did.

"Go back where you came from" makes no sense to say to a Southern black woman... the south literally has a "Black Belt" that spans multiple states.

And people who take advantage of the Express lane ARE monsters.

by Anonymousreply 249July 26, 2019 12:35 AM

It's even worse than Jussie in that the (black) employee witnesses say that they heard HER shout at HIM to "Go back where you came from!".

There's now store footage of her yelling at him and then briefly chasing him, but the link is too long. Look up "Erica Thomas Video" on twitter and it's there.

So not only did she baldly lie, but she projected and gaslighted.

by Anonymousreply 250July 26, 2019 2:46 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251July 26, 2019 3:16 AM

[quote]So is "go back to where you came from" going to be come the new #metoo? I swear I've read multiple articles in the last several days where someone allegedly told another person to go back where they came from. Not saying it isn't happening, but it sure seems to be something people are jumping on the bandwagon - either deplorables actually saying it, or others alleging it for attention.

Here is my interesting experience with "go back to where you came from." I am white, as is my family. We were at a store and this crazy woman came up and tried to take a parking spot that we had been waiting on for several minutes. I managed to get the car in the spot before she could slip in. She then followed us to the store's door and yelled at us to "go back where we came from." Here is the thing my family came to this country decades before the Revolution, while she looked like and had an Italian flag on the back of her SUV. Meaning if she was of Italian extraction her family came over a longtime after mine.

by Anonymousreply 252July 26, 2019 3:34 AM

R251 so we have a witness claiming Erica told Sparkes to go back to where he came from. This tells me the last thing she expected was for him to show up, identify himself, and give his side of the story. Her whole plan was to play the victim and get sympathy on social media. Exposed!

by Anonymousreply 253July 26, 2019 3:45 AM

ATLANTA, GA—Georgia state rep Erica Thomas took to social media this weekend to express her disgust and outrage at a Chick-fil-A employee's comments to her in the restaurant's drive-thru. According to her viral Twitter post, the black state worker claims that after saying thank you for her food, the white cashier pointed his finger at her and angrily shouted, "Go back to your country!"

"This is what's happening in Trump's America," the post concluded.

Thousands of online users shared and commented on the post, showing their support for Thomas and their rage at the racist attack.

Chick-fil-A immediately investigated the claim, and security footage revealed the employee, who is of Chinese descent, said nothing even remotely close to the alleged comments.

In light of the information, Thomas walked back her claim a bit. "He definitely said something to me. I initially thought it was the 'go back to your country' thing, but now that I think about it, it may have been 'my pleasure.'"

Even after the clarification, the Chick-fil-A employee still wrote Thomas an apology letter for any misunderstanding, and the restaurant manager gave her coupons for a week's worth of free chicken biscuits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 26, 2019 8:02 AM

^ This woman is another smollet.

We have a similar situation in Australia where a delusional woman accuses others of being "racist" not realising her lies were being recorded on video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 26, 2019 8:28 AM

Ha! All that fatty cared about was the coupons. She'll keep pulling this scam all over town.

by Anonymousreply 256July 26, 2019 10:40 AM

R245 r246

Great posts!!

I haven’t seen the press conference video, does the white guy (Cuban) have an accent? That sheds a whole different light on who exactly is the racist in this little story.

by Anonymousreply 257July 26, 2019 12:50 PM

I was that woman at the drive-thru, Mr. Biden.

by Anonymousreply 258July 26, 2019 12:51 PM

[quote]does the white guy (Cuban) have an accent?

No. Not even Southern.

by Anonymousreply 259July 26, 2019 1:30 PM

LMAO at R258.

by Anonymousreply 260July 26, 2019 1:58 PM

Thank you, r259.

by Anonymousreply 261July 26, 2019 2:25 PM

THIS is why we believe nothing blindly. So many fucking nuts out there. Usually of the female variety.

by Anonymousreply 262July 26, 2019 3:01 PM

Plenty of men are grifters and con artists, r262

by Anonymousreply 263July 26, 2019 7:18 PM

R264 I'm not R262 but let's face it female grifter are adept at using femininity and their own children/ their status as mothers to gain sympathy to further the grift.

by Anonymousreply 264July 26, 2019 7:57 PM

So security footage has been released from the grocery store and it turns out she's telling the MAN to go back where he came from. He never said any such thing to her at all.

by Anonymousreply 265July 26, 2019 9:51 PM

Uh. Yup.

Were you just recapping, or...?

by Anonymousreply 266July 26, 2019 10:06 PM

The fact that it turns out SHE was the one who actually told HIM to "go back to where you came from" (while chasing him screaming) then played the victim lying that he used her own phrase on her is evil. This guy's entire life could have been ruined for her lie, and she knew it, and she didn't care. Evil.

by Anonymousreply 267July 26, 2019 11:54 PM

Does anyone have to a link to her actually saying to him, "go back where you came from?" All I can find is security camera footage with no audio.

by Anonymousreply 268July 27, 2019 12:06 AM

It's in the witness statement to the police by a store employee who saw the whole thing, r268

by Anonymousreply 269July 27, 2019 12:28 AM

He should sue the living hell out of her for defamation

by Anonymousreply 270July 27, 2019 12:29 AM

She wanted to charge him with verbal assault so instead of filing a police report she goes on Snapchat? And she was weeping so CLEARLY she was distraught (LOL) but nope, "assault" is not an immediate concern for the police according to Erica Thomas.

There are so many convincing details that point to her being dishonest. If she was your typical receptionist it wouldn't be a big deal but she is in a position of power and influence. Girl needs to resign. Things are looking good for Eric "I didn't know you were pregnant!" Sparkes.

by Anonymousreply 271July 27, 2019 12:46 AM

Why is the thread greyed out? Who the fuck is on here is defending this liar? Note to her defenders: If you defend her, you are just as bad as her - and as Jussie. As in, utter scum.

by Anonymousreply 272July 27, 2019 2:35 AM

[quote] let's face it female grifter are adept at using femininity

To be fair the lady in question doesn't display a trace of femininity. If someone said she had transitioned it would be credible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 27, 2019 2:39 AM

This is somewhat tangential, but why is it that store clerks don't ever (in my experience) say anything to people who go through the express line with more than the maximum number of items? It's not up to other customers to enforce the rule; it should be up to the store.

by Anonymousreply 274July 27, 2019 4:19 AM

R274 Read the thread, the answer is in there

by Anonymousreply 275July 27, 2019 4:34 AM

While I wholeheartedly agree with r275 about reading the thread, the simple answer is the employees told Mr. Sparkes that it was against store policy for them to say anything.

by Anonymousreply 276July 27, 2019 3:43 PM

Live by identity politics, die by identity politics, motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 277July 27, 2019 3:46 PM

R276 Then they should just do away with the express lane, since their policy makes it meaningless. I wonder if that is a store specific policy, because I did once try to use such a lane at a Publix, and was told to go to another lane by the cashier. In my defense, I honestly didn't notice it was an express line.

by Anonymousreply 278July 27, 2019 8:18 PM

R278, that’s what Sparkes said. Whether it’s indeed a policy, the employees said that to him, the employees didn’t want to be bothered or some other reason, we don’t know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 279July 27, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote]Then they should just do away with the express lane, since their policy makes it meaningless.

No. Most people observe the rule. Or they can count. Whichever.

by Anonymousreply 280July 28, 2019 6:07 AM

She may or may not be pregnant but I can guarantee she doesn’t have a man

by Anonymousreply 281July 29, 2019 12:04 AM

I once broke the rule at Whole Foods. I hadn't counted my items which were in a basket (instead of a shopping cart). As I was loading my items onto the belt, I realized, "this is a lot of stuff". The cashier discreetly told me, "The Express Lane is for people with 15 or fewer items; try to remember that next time." Instead of yelling at him, I apologized and I said I'd remember in the future. Then we went back to normal check-out discussion. "Did you find everything you were looking for." "Yes, I found too much, obviously." We both laughed.) I haven't made that mistake again.

If you're going to try to correct someone's behavior, you have to be careful, because some people will get mad at you. ("You can't tell ME what to do.") Yelling at someone isn't going to help. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. A kinder way to have approached this woman was, when he was in line behind her, to say something like, "You know these lines are really for people with 10 items are fewer. I'm not in a hurry right now, so you're not putting me out, but try to remember that for next time. Some people get really upset when they have to wait longer than necessary." Still, some people will get angrily defensive no matter how gentle or subtle you are.

And when you mess up, own your mistake and apologize for it. Out in public, so many people act like they're guests on the Jerry Springer show.

by Anonymousreply 282July 29, 2019 2:44 AM

r282 with people like her, the gentle approach still won't work. They still get angry and confrontational.

by Anonymousreply 283July 29, 2019 3:03 AM

Who cares if someone gets offended or mad when you call them out on their poor behaviour? They get away with it because they know people are too meek to speak up.

I would love them to try this shit at the airport or on an airplane. They'll learn a hard lesson. But in this case, I'm sure this bitch would make it about racial profiling and blame the airline.

by Anonymousreply 284July 29, 2019 3:28 AM

What kind of miserable fucking nazi wannabe cunt is going to accost a pregnant woman who has a kid with her at the grocery store for having a few extra items?

Supermarket Sparkles should probably shut the fuck up.

Nein, nein! Es sind zehn Gegenstände oder weniger!

by Anonymousreply 285July 29, 2019 3:44 AM

R285 No proof she was pregnant, he was not the person that screamed Go back To Where Yo came From

by Anonymousreply 286July 29, 2019 4:58 AM

An easier way to police it is to forbid carts or baskets in the express lane. I only use the express lane and I never use a cart or basket. That limits the number of items without having to count them. If you have so many items that you need a cart or basket, you are doing regular grocery shopping and should be using the regular lanes.

by Anonymousreply 287July 29, 2019 5:12 AM

R287, that's a near perfect solution.

by Anonymousreply 288July 29, 2019 5:22 AM

R287, great idea! Except I wouldn't ban baskets. It's hard to carry more than 3 or so items in your hands, and the express lanes usually allow 10 or 15 items. You can't fit more than that in a basket. Combined with most people's tendency to follow the rule anyway out of courtesy (or fear of embarrassment), banning wheeled carts should be enough.

by Anonymousreply 289July 29, 2019 8:08 AM

[quote] Why is the thread greyed out? Who the fuck is on here is defending this liar?

The same people defending Nathan Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 290July 29, 2019 9:31 AM

Nathan Phillips told Sandmann to go back to Europe, Thomas tells this guy to go back to where he came from, and not only will they not face consequences, but feel completely justified.

by Anonymousreply 291July 29, 2019 9:34 AM

I always use the small carts, and generally buy only enough that I can use the express lane (when at WFM). At the local chain, I always use self-checkout, where there is no express lane. Most self-checkers aren't buying that many items, though.

by Anonymousreply 292July 29, 2019 9:39 AM

[quote]banning wheeled carts should be enough.

I only disagree with this because I’ve gone to the express lane with a wheeled cart because what I’m buying is heavy and I didn’t want to walk around with it.

Two examples come to mind: a case of water and two 20lb. cat litter boxes. Plus, the store nearest to me doesn’t have anything other than wheeled carts to carry anything.

by Anonymousreply 293July 29, 2019 11:42 AM

If you are buying a case of water and two 20lb. cat litter boxes you can go through the regular lane. Express should be for a small number of carryable items.

by Anonymousreply 294July 30, 2019 2:31 AM

R293 Don't you have natural water in your part of the world?

by Anonymousreply 295July 30, 2019 3:37 AM

I'm trying to picture unnatural water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296July 30, 2019 3:45 AM

~ ~ ~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297July 30, 2019 3:58 AM

R293, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe the stores should just enforce the rule. By "enforce", I mean have a quiet word with the customer, not call the police.

by Anonymousreply 298July 30, 2019 8:28 AM

R293, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe the stores should just enforce the rule. By "enforce", I mean have a quiet word with the customer, not call the police.

by Anonymousreply 299July 30, 2019 8:28 AM

It would never happen, but it would be hilarious if the register stopped working after the 12-item limit had been reached.

by Anonymousreply 300July 30, 2019 10:50 AM

It should also give the shopper an electric shock if they try to scan another item

by Anonymousreply 301July 30, 2019 11:01 AM

What’s the difference, r294? Who cares if the items you’re buying are able to be carried or not? If you have 5 items I don’t care if they’re big or small, there’s still only 5. Someone should wait behind people who have cartloads of merchandise because of the size of their items?

by Anonymousreply 302July 30, 2019 11:25 AM

That's bullshit, r294.

by Anonymousreply 303July 30, 2019 11:43 AM

So she backtracked on the original "go back where you came from" comment and had the SAME exact comment allegedly repeated again at a different business...

Smells like a Sharpton-style shakedown to me.

by Anonymousreply 304July 30, 2019 7:54 PM

And at the Publix, r304. Witnesses pegged her as the one who said that in this incident, too.

by Anonymousreply 305July 30, 2019 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!