Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cincinnati's King's Park

Both the Bradys and the Partridges went there on special episodes

Was that really the best America could do (outside Disneyland / Disney World) at the time?

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 4:53 PM

Technically, it’s King's Island. I’m not an amusement park aficionado, but I guess it’s pretty nice.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2019 9:12 PM

King’s Island, sweetie

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2019 9:18 PM

The King's Park sounds better. Royal. I was there the day the Brady Bunch filmed. i followed them around trying to get in scenes and in rides in the background. Not a fan, just having fun.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2019 9:25 PM

r3

Let me guess you were the guy in the bear costume?

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2019 9:35 PM

King's Island was meant to replace Cincinnati's Coney Island, which was flooded by the Ohio River almost every year. It's located in Kings Mills, Ohio (home of the haunted Peters Cartridge Factory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2019 9:40 PM

The Haunted factory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2019 9:41 PM

Coney Island is still there. Largest circulating pool in the US. Has rides again and an outside concert venue. Has always had a horse track. Still floods every spring. On the banks of the Ohio River.

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2019 9:48 PM

R7, Yes, I still go there for Summerfair. My Dad taught me to swim at Sunlite Pool. We also had another amusement park that closed before I was born (Chester Park). The location is within walking distance to my house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2019 9:54 PM

I worked there at the time. Ann B. Davis was a huge cunt to everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2019 10:36 PM

Closet gay, Johnny Bench, appeared on the Partridge Family episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2019 10:38 PM

Cincinnati hasn't been relevant since 1900

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 8:44 AM

I recall going to King’s Island as a kid. I feel like the Banana Splits characters were walking around the park.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2019 9:59 AM

The park opened in 1972 so I'm sure it was huge publicity to get both shows to do episodes there. My aunt and uncle lived in Cincinnati at the time and said it was a huge deal when both casts came to town. Hey it was a simpler time.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2019 10:55 AM

Sounds like King's Island wrote some big checks to TV producers

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2019 11:34 AM

[quote]It's located in Kings Mills, Ohio

Actually, per Wikipedia (and me): "Kings Island amusement park and Great Wolf Lodge indoor water park are immediately south of (Kings Mill) in Mason."

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2019 11:42 AM

At the time, Taft Broadcasting, of which Paramount was a major shareholder, owned King's Island (and its counterpart in Virginia, King's Dominion) and since the BB was a Paramount production, it was cross-promotion. Paramount later bought Great America (in Santa Clara, CA) from Marriott, and renamed all of the parks with "Paramount" preceding the name, but eventually got out of the amusement park business. Cedar Fair now owns all three of them.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 4:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!