Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Ronan Farrow?

You don't hear his name anymore since #metoo kind of fizzled out.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2019 3:22 AM

#metoo hasn't fizzled, it's actually taken on greater cultural power.

Ronan is working. I'm sure he's got more scumbags on his desk even as we bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2019 6:13 PM

He looked like an ass for championing Asia Argento when it turned out she had skeletons in her own closet. I think he may have been so embarrassed he went into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2019 6:13 PM

R1 it's fizzled as random people have gotten accused and it's been used as a weapon. Its power is greatly diluted now.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2019 6:20 PM

Argento's skeletons don't cancel out Harvey's, honey. She was right about him and Ronan was right to back her on it.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2019 6:20 PM

[quote]Its power is greatly diluted now.

Hear, hear!

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2019 6:22 PM

No, R3, honey, it's not diluted at all. You should stop watching so much Fux Noise, it's killing your brain cells.

#metoo has become a larger issue about the treatment of women by men in power and it's growing.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2019 6:26 PM

He got death threats and has fled overseas for a while.

Straight men still have all the power, and they're going to make him pay.

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2019 6:27 PM

R6 ok, whatever you say, Frau 🙄

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2019 6:38 PM

Because he's a hypocrite for not believing his adopted siblings, those who are estranged from their mother Mia because they suffered abuse from her. Mia was/ is BSC and collected non-White or disabled children like trophy. She was cruel towards Lark who died of AIDS basically disowned her, only Moses and Soon-Yi was still on talking terms with Lark when she died. Apparently in the Farrow household and in Ronan's mindset, only the White, adopted children of Mia should be believed when it comes to tales of emotional/ physical abuse. It makes him a hypocrite for defending his mother, Mia, who is so crazy and a hypocrite herself that she's among a few left in Hollywood who still supports child rapist Roman Polanski. The whole family is BSC and dysfunctional, including Woody Allen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2019 6:46 PM

What is BSC when she's at home, dear?

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2019 7:49 PM

Boy Scout Cookies, R10

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2019 8:01 PM

MeToo was exposed as a strategic move by those who wanted to deflect from their own bad behavior, and the media leaped on it because it appealed to the same demographic that made To Catch a Predator a huge ratings success. The average man or woman on the street would have laughed at any of the talking heads they rolled on the various networks who were blaming men or the "culture of toxic masculinity".

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2019 8:14 PM

The general public also delights in schadenfreude, a condition that's exacerbated by one's own feeling of inadequacy and failure.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2019 8:16 PM

#metoo will remain in the culture landscape forever, and it will take some more people down. But we are now entering the phase of public apathy. Unless its a big name being taken down, people have stopped caring & are moving on to other issues.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2019 8:47 PM

R14 Metoo was never a public movement. It was created by powerful people to take down other powerful people. The media is completely tone deaf to the concerns of those who struggle with everyday issues, who are rightly apathetic about the whining of multi millionaires.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2019 8:50 PM

"Created by powerful people to take down powerful people?" I assume R15 thinks Donald Trump, R. Kelly, Bill Cosby and Jeffrey Epstein are all "railroaded men." R15 is a pathetic shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2019 9:00 PM

R16 The media perpetuated a false equivalence among those accused of heinous crimes, and those who may have acted like a jerk at some point or who posted an angry message on social media. What about those who were forced to prove their innocence even years or in some cases, decades later? Or how about the movement being exposed as being deeply partisan? The lack of due process? False claims of emotional abuse that was refuted by one person who had kept his text messages? Or how the movement was used to advance the narrative that men are a cancer to society? The list goes on and on.

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2019 9:12 PM

Finally, it led to men arguing that they can't be alone with women colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2019 9:15 PM

Exposed as deeply partisan how, R17? In that conservatives like Trump and Kavanaugh have kept managing to get away with it?

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2019 9:24 PM

I read a blind item that strongly hinted the reason he’s been keeping a low profile is because he’s transitioning. No idea if it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2019 9:27 PM

I'm not r17 but it IS kind of interesting that most of the people exposed and taken down have been Democrats. Republicans don't seem to care beyond some minor lip service to placate independents, but if it costs them some power (e.g. Trump), they will ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2019 9:27 PM

We are too close to Me Too to understand whether it’s just a random event or will lead to larger change. Arguably all this Epstein business wouldn’t have happened without Me Too (would the Miami Herald have covered the story without it?). We are just beginning to see the aftershocks now. Check back in 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]MeToo was exposed as a strategic move by those who wanted to deflect from their own bad behavior, and the media leaped on it because it appealed to the same demographic that made To Catch a Predator a huge ratings success. The average man or woman on the street would have laughed at any of the talking heads they rolled on the various networks who were blaming men or the "culture of toxic masculinity".

For every Annabella Sciorra (who I do believe was raped by Harvey) there were a dozen attention seekers who were using trumped up or outright made-up stories for revenge (Heather Unruh) or to hopefully kickstart a fading career (Rose McGowan).

Most people I know are bored with these stories and see them (and the "victims") for what they are.

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2019 9:38 PM

r22 Epstein has nothing to do with #metoo. A lot of people were outraged by that in 2008 and he's been under investigation since then.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2019 9:43 PM

He is fine. He sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2019 9:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2019 10:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2019 11:00 PM

He gets a lot of mileage out of that old headshot.

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2019 11:35 PM

R27 “Ronan Farrow will speak at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at McCaw Hall, 321 Mercer St., Seattle. Tickets: $50 to $90”

Whoa. Fifty to ninety dollars just to hear Ronan Farrow speak? Am I old and out of touch or are those ticket prices kind of expensive?

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2019 11:46 PM

He's making lots of $$$$ from #metoo apparently.

---

Ronan Farrow would love to talk about his new $5.6 million loft on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. But he just hasn’t spent a lot of time there.

The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist is in constant motion, not only because of a swarm of deadlines, but more to avoid the crosshairs created by his reporting for The New Yorker magazine on powerful men like disgraced studio head Harvey Weinstein, which helped launch the #MeToo movement in 2017.

“I am often beset by some pretty exotic and intensive effort to track my work and track me,” Farrow said by phone recently. “So I move around.”

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2019 11:49 PM

R29 My dumb bitch of a cousin (single mother with two young disabled kids) paid $300 to hear Oprah speak once. I couldn't believe it. As if she couldn't have found a better use for what little money she has than give it to a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2019 11:49 PM

MeToo lost it's clout when it showed you could go after someone with not one shred of proof and almost destroy them. Just keep saying "I find her credible" over and over with nothing to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2019 12:02 AM

The obnoxious #believewomen bullshit where everyone was expected to blindly believe any woman with a sob story or else didn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2019 12:26 AM

A few more operations and my transition into a gay Frank Sinatra will be completed! R20

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2019 8:28 PM

Seriously. I remember someone pointing out that he wears contacts so his eyes look more like Sinatra's.

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2019 1:38 AM

Isn't he living with john Lovett in LA?

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2019 2:37 AM

R9 has a very good point.

Who gets believed? Only the “right” people.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2019 2:54 AM

IDGAF about his career. He came out of the closet, so all of the interest died from a gossip standpoint. I was still following him because he was funny after the election in 2016. But he’s not really funny anymore. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2019 3:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!