Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Were Moses and Akhenaten (Pharaoh father of Tutankhamun) the same person?

First things first. This is Ramy Romany, sexy charming bear cub Egyptian TV director and Egyptologist (straight and married, living in LA). In his new Discovery series - Mummies Unwrapped, episode 6 Chasing the Mummy of Moses - Romany tells the conspiracy theory in entertaining and not ridiculous ways. Including the claim that "The Red Sea" is a mistranslation of the "Sea of Reeds", which refers to a shallow bend of the Nile, with banks of reeds, and Akhenaten crossed it during a wind storm with the followers of his new and dangerous Monotheism, chased out of power.

I love pulpy docs about ancient Egypt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2019 9:26 AM

Here's the episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2019 5:58 PM

More Ramy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2019 6:00 PM

With an eyewitness to the events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2019 6:01 PM

Moses didn’t likely exist. Aknathen certainly did

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2019 6:11 PM

The old coot Ahmed Osman who Ramy interviews in the synagogue archives of Cairo - it's Osman's crackpot theory - says Aknathen morphed into Moses in the Talmud. Ramy visits the long shuttered tomb of Akhenaten and shows images and hieroglyphics that are the story of Moses. Ramy doesn't seem convinced, he's just making good TV. Claims to have won several Emmies.

It's nice to see inside the Cairo synagogue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2019 6:22 PM

Akhenaten, FTM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2019 6:36 PM

Where's your messiah now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2019 6:37 PM

Damn, that photo, OP, he must be hot with all those clothes. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2019 7:06 PM

Watch the video. Ramy is a very charming host. He has handsome dark eyes that reflect a lot of light and merriment. His costuming is campy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2019 7:14 PM

I thought Moses was murdered and replaced with an imposter?

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2019 7:30 PM

So all Abrahamic religions evolved from Pharaonic nobility? A few heads should explode at this theory.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2019 7:41 PM

Well these are all crackpot theories but I like the local colour and silly dramatic music in such series. They are self-parodic. Another episode is about how the Inca Child Mummies were offerings to alien overloads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2019 7:55 PM

Tutmoses (Moses) is believed to be one of Ahkenatens priests . Tutmoses was banished and he and fellow followers of Ra followed him upon Ahkenatens death because Egyptians could not conceive of a singular God as imposed upon them by Ahkenaten...hence the singular God of the Bible.

One of the first to mention this was Sigmund Freud, the founder of psychoanalysis, in his book Moses and Monotheism. Basing his arguments on his belief that the Exodus story was historical, Freud argued that Moses had been an Atenist priest who was forced to leave Egypt with his followers after Akhenaten's death. Freud argued that Akhenaten was striving to promote monotheism, something which the biblical Moses was able to achieve. Following the publication of his book, the concept entered popular consciousness and serious research.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2019 8:16 PM

Thanks R13. And that would be a good series - Freud, Vienna, Pharaohs & Fascism or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2019 8:59 PM

Charlton Heston doesn't look anything like Akhenaten.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2019 9:02 PM

There is also a hypothesis that Tutmoses and Akhenaten were brothers....same story as r13, but with that difference. One of Tutankhamens sarcophagi didnt represent his likeness and it was believed it belonged to Akhenantens brother who was banished and they changed the hieroglyph because Tut died so early and suddenly that they didnt have time to create a new one.

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2019 9:31 PM

Judaism and Christianity stole so many of their myths from the rest of the world’s religions.

So pathetic that people think they are believing something original

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2019 12:52 AM

I also enjoy the speculation that Jesus is Caesarion, son of Cleopatra and Julius Caesar. Perhaps Jung had that covered?

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2019 1:01 AM

Arent you clever r18

Akhenaten and Moses is an actual thing...you can research it.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2019 1:06 AM

Your point R19? R18 didn't mention them. He mentioned Jesus being the son of Cleo and Caesar. Also real people.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2019 1:20 AM

He thought I was being snarky but I actually enjoy these theories and I like tie ins to modern movements. I am the OP, duh.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2019 1:29 AM

Since Moses is a mythical figure and Akhenaten is an actual person who lived, no, OP.

Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2019 2:05 AM

Well I think that is what is explained in the video, R22. That moses was morphed out of Akhenaten. I guess nobody was interested enough to watch. Think of the cheesy sound editing you're missing!

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2019 2:08 AM

Akhenaten was not Jewish and did not lead the Jews out of Egypt, so no, he's not the same person as Moses.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2019 2:10 AM

The Israelites weren't yet Jews, I thought.

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2019 2:14 AM

Someone call Jessica Fletcher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2019 2:58 AM

Moses came first : Born 1571 before baby jesus. Akhenaten: dies 1335 bbj. 236 years later. Yup, same person

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2019 4:20 PM

Actually, we don't even know if Moses was anymore real than Jesus and Adam and Eve.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2019 4:26 PM

Here you go OP....even Ancient Aliens covered it.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2019 6:02 PM

Here you go OP....even Ancient Aliens covered it.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2019 6:02 PM

Adam and Eve were obviously not real. Historical Jesus (or at least a man based on this person minus all the whitewashing and mythology) very likely existed.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2019 6:06 PM

That was a little before my time...did you go to Ancestry.com?

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2019 6:37 PM

The Israelites were Jews and Abraham was the first Jew.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2019 7:09 PM

There is no good historical evidence that Jesus ever existed. Josephus' reference to Christ in his HIstory was added on by early Christians to help "prove" Christ existed.

"Also important are the sources we don’t have. There are no existing eyewitness or contemporary accounts of Jesus. All we have are later descriptions of Jesus’ life events by non-eyewitnesses, most of whom are obviously biased. Little can be gleaned from the few non-Biblical and non-Christian sources, with only Roman scholar Josephus and historian Tacitus having any reasonable claim to be writing about Jesus within 100 years of his life. And even those sparse accounts are shrouded in controversy, with disagreements over what parts have obviously been changed by Christian scribes (the manuscripts were preserved by Christians), the fact that both these authors were born after Jesus died (they would thus have probably received this information from Christians), and the oddity that centuries go by before Christian apologists start referencing them."

Sorry, Mike Pence and your fellow Christians. There was no historical Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2019 7:23 PM

[quote]Adam and Eve were obviously not real.

Which part of the story of Adam and Eve are you disputing?

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2019 8:26 PM

R34, once you discount all the historical evidence, there is no historical evidence.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2019 8:58 PM

[quote]And that would be a good series - Freud, Vienna, Pharaohs & Fascism or something like that.

To sell this to corporate we are going to need a bit more Hitler and a lot more Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2019 9:06 PM

Thanks R29, R30. That's Ramy in the video. I just watched the episode where he goes to Southern Chile northern Argentina to "chase" mummies that might be Vikings! The theory goes there is a current that would lead sea exploring vikings to the mouth of the amazon, and they paddled all the way up to the mountains on the other side of the continent and built a very high civilisation. Huge city with architecture unseen in the SA, only in Celtic lands. Oh well, very far fetched. Then Ramy goes to meet a "artist-historian" in Salta and he's this GORGEOUS hipster namesd Pedro Herdandez, living in a fabulous art studio that would make Brooklyn bohos cream their panties.

These things are just eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2019 9:32 PM

Ramy had a mummy show recently that was on Discovery, right after Josh Gates’s show. I noticed right away how very sexy Ramy is, his show was the usual Discovery faux history, but watching him makes up for it.

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2019 11:18 PM

Hello R39. And isn't it the show that is the BASIS OF THIS THREAD. Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2019 11:56 PM

Ramy has no show currently airing on Discovery cunt. His only current show is “Mummies Never Die” on the Travel Channel.

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2019 4:36 AM

AH ok. But the world is large. Mummies Unwrapped is on my European cable

by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2019 9:21 AM

Also people are throwing these onto YouTube (if also torrents). Enjoy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2019 9:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!