Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Biggest Apple product launch in living memory is coming this fall.

No, not Apple the computer company. Apple - the fruit.

"The Cosmic Crisp is debuting on grocery stores after this fall’s harvest, and in the nervous lead-up to the launch, everyone from nursery operators to marketers wanted me to understand the crazy scope of the thing: the scale of the plantings, the speed with which mountains of commercially untested fruit would be arriving on the market, the size of the capital risk. People kept saying things like “unprecedented,” “on steroids,” “off the friggin’ charts,” and “the largest launch of a single produce item in American history.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2019 2:50 PM

It’s. Apples.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2019 1:57 PM

As long as it has nothing to do with the Red "delicious" crap-tastic mealy, tasteless shitballs.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2019 9:56 PM

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2019 10:11 PM

Several years back, I noticed Honey Crisp apples and had been buying them. However, they changed a couple years ago, so I stopped buying them.

I started buying Envy apples, but those have changed also so that they're not worth the extra cost.

Frankly, most apples even in the fall are a bit mealy and don't have the crispness or bite that they used to have.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2019 11:15 PM

Jonagolds were always my favorites but they're hard to find nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 4:10 AM

Meh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 4:11 AM

A lot of hype.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 11:40 AM

Coming December 1st.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2019 12:07 AM

I've tried it. It's crispy alright, but too tart for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2019 12:11 AM

Fuji for me.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2019 12:30 AM

Fuji and honey crisp are my preference, but I’ll seek this one out to give it a try. I can’t believe I’m at an age where trying out a new variety of apple is something I’m looking forward to. 😐

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2019 12:34 AM

R11 = confirmed eldergay

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2019 2:23 PM

Those who are disappointed by mealy Honeycrisp apples might be interested in the newish SnapDragon variety, which I just found at Costco this week. They're fantastic. A bit tart, fairly sweet, and very very crisp. I love apples but I despise mealy ones, especially in the fall, when they should be at their crisp peak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2019 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!