Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Boris Johnson is Nuts

And now he’s getting an injunction to get the footage off the web and ban it from the airwaves. Britain is a shithole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2019 2:36 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2019 1:59 AM

He's a Trump-wannabe. And Brits copy everything Americans do, so I'm sure this asshole will end up being elected so that they can have their own version of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2019 2:04 AM

Ha! Also, water is wet. And he's still going to be Britain's next PM.

Keep that corn popping!

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2019 2:11 AM

Hes' an idiot, but Americans certainly can't afford to throw stones at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2019 2:18 AM

R4, Trump will be gone, Brexit’s forever.

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2019 2:22 AM

England does not have a free press and they do not have the right to free speech

The government can issue a D notice and have any story immediately stopped. You can say what you want, but you can be prosecuted for it. Christian Bale was arrested for yelling at his mom and his sister (who were trying to shake him down for more money - he already supported them both). It was considered assault. He did not touch them.

And if you're rich, you can go to court (it costs about $70,000) and have a judge issue an injunction which forbids the press from writing about you. No matter what the issue is. You can murder someone, steal a bunch of money, rape some children, you can get an injunction and the press won't be able to mention your name. If you've got enough money in the UK you can stop the press from even mentioning your name. And if an average citizen finds out who has an injunction and posts about it on social media, they can be arrested too. No fucking freedom of speech there. Got to protect all the rich scum

Of course Prince Andrew's good friends the Beckhams and Elton John/David Furnish have gotten injunctions preventing the press from spilling their deviant sex secrets

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2019 2:30 AM

Selfie time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2019 2:40 AM

r6, is it correct that the superinjunction does not apply to Scotland?

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2019 2:46 AM

R9, it's true, it only applies to the English and Welsh media

I always find out who has a super injunction and spam social media sites like 500 times. I'm American and can say whatever the fuck I want about whomever the fuck I want

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2019 3:34 AM

The conservatives are crazy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2019 4:02 AM

Why is Nuts capitalized?

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2019 4:04 AM

I knew it was coming. When all my British cousins were snickering at our election of Trump I said “just wait, you will have the same thing there”. Et voila - Brexit and Boris.

It really is a global phenomenon. Scary how it takes less than 100 years and 2 or 3 generations to repeat history. The worship of fascism and nationalism as an antidote to the chaos wrought by modern technology and new ways of living. This doesn’t end well.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2019 4:09 AM

[quote]The worship of fascism and nationalism

And anti-Jewish bigotry. Lots of worship of that too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2019 4:24 AM

Why couldn't this fat little Arab just agree to opening the suspicious bags on the bathroom floor on his own accord? Why did he have to force Israeli teen soldiers to bully him into opening them? Is it because they're Jewish?? Well, no wonder these people can't have peace with Israel, even their gaylings are anti-semitic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2019 4:32 AM

How ironic. England is responsible for Israel existing in the first place

Those fucking brits stick their nose into everything

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2019 6:02 AM

[quote] Why is Nuts capitalized?

It's a secret

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2019 6:13 AM

This Christmas, Barbra Streisand is Nuts!

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2019 6:15 AM

The Guardian declined to publish this one. Wonder why?

[bold]Palestinian Man Indicted in Rape of 7-year-old Israeli Girl[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2019 6:20 AM

[quote] The Guardian declined to publish this one. Wonder why?

the guardian is shit

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2019 6:52 AM

[quote]The Guardian declined to publish this one. Wonder why?

Because it's false?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2019 6:56 AM

R20 False? Uh, no, it isn't. And false has never prevented The Guardian from publishing when it comes to Jews. Wonder why?

[bold]Why are you posting from the mouthpiece of homo-murdering regimes on a gay board??[/bold]

Charges Dropped Against Palestinian Accused of Raping 7-year-old in West Bank Settlement

Prosecutors say there is evidence the girl was sexually assaulted and that Mahmoud Qatusa was involved, but 'there isn't enough evidence' against him in the high-profile case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2019 7:07 AM

He'll be the last PM of the United Kingdom of GB and N. Ireland as we know it.

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2019 7:49 AM

Tell that to the kids taken away from their parents, R5.

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2019 9:44 AM

I agree, Britain is a shithole. This marriage between low-information voters and a sociopathic elite will destroy us all, if not economically, in mind.

People don't have a concept of how their own country work. Let alone the EU.

And why are these demagogues always so ugly and fat?

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2019 10:48 AM

R2, it’s a leadership challenge not a general election. It’s internal to the party because they demanded Theresa May’s resignation. It’s not s public vote. Johnson will be the shortest serving PM because he’ll have to call a general election almost immediately, within weeks. It’s unlikely any party will emerge with a majority so parliament will revolve further into coalition. He’s already tearing apart his own party - or what’s left of it since The Brexit Party feeding frenzy on the Tories. So there’s no certainty that he can lead a coalition. British politics will remain an unholy mess until they put this Brexit madness behind them. There is probably a bigger coalition in government willing to do that than a no-deal Brexit which everyone, including the House of Lords, is taking steps to stop.

The sooner Brexit is stopped the sooner the UK can restore a sense of reason and prosperity to their governing. All of these idiots have to go.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2019 11:22 AM

Boris needs to work on the EU side and indicate that the UK will do everything possible to disrupt the EU until it is set free. Then Macron will block any extension.

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote] The sooner Brexit is stopped the sooner the UK can restore a sense of reason and prosperity to their governing. All of these idiots have to go.

Brexit can’t be stopped. It’s a done deal and Boris will last. London loved him. Keep dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2019 5:53 PM

Agree with R24. I blame where we are on low information voters. The majority of people make voting decisions based on vague gut feelings and have no understanding of the complexity of issues. They call Democrats (in US) elitist - but we tend to have a more educated voting base. Power hungry white men are manipulating voters with base fears and racism to vote for them. It’s really made me question democracy. Not sure what the better option is - but democracy combined with capitalism is not working out.

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2019 5:55 PM

Yes, addressing the complexity of issues to a more educated voting base. [roll eyes]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote] Why is Nuts capitalized?

It's a new DataLounge thing. Just like, Why are white mes so stupid? lens, cak, graxy, WHET

Anytime anyone uses the word Nut, it has to be capitalized. And anytime they use the word trump, it should not be capitalized. He doesn't deserve a capital letter

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2019 9:57 PM

R28, The trend of identifying and blaming all of society's oppression and difficulties with (old) white men, galvanizes right-wingers. Outside of the West they're of every creed and ethnicity.

Boris's size indicates to me a lack of impulse control. If he can't even manage his diet, how can we expect him to run a country? He seems to need external comfort for internal distress, I don't think he's fit to be Prime Minister.

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2019 11:17 PM

^ but, but....

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2019 1:02 AM

The UK's Trump?

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2019 1:24 AM

Holy shit. He’s barking mad.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2019 2:25 AM

No 'whataboutism' or deflection please, r32.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2019 2:32 AM

“and there will be adequate supplies of milk solids and whey to make the Mars bars...”

wtf??

This man is under the influence of.. something. I don’t know what but it’s scary. He’s talking gibberish, literally.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2019 3:39 AM

R27, on October 31st, there is going to be a reality check of epic proportions in the UK in which something near half the population is going to have their minds blown by Brexit developments.

Chances are it’s not going to be a no-deal Brexit because nobody with a functioning brain cell wants that - it’s as unworkable as Brexit itself. Not the least because it makes our relationship with our biggest trading partner - the EU - completely untenable. And then what?

It’s not going to be the dismissal of the back stop because the EU has already made that staunchly clear and in the end, the faction of the Tory party that would support such nonsense is not going to trigger such aggression at the Irish border and be responsible for negating the Good Friday agreement and stirring up the Troubles.

So the ERG will have to suck it up and vote to pass May’s withdrawal agreement which means the whole of the UK stays inside the EU customs union - without any negotiating power or input - indefinitely until the issue of the backstop can be resolved, 1) without a hard border and 2) with technology that has yet to be developed. And developing technologies that satisfy the requirements of two parties can take an awfully long time.

That, despite your cries, is the REALITY of Brexit.

Given the intransigence of the ERG and lack of loyalty to anyone, it seems highly unlikely that when all is said and done they will support May’s deal. So where does this leave things? Kicking the can down the road another 3 - 5 years. Because the EU has already said - if you’ve been paying attention between masturbating yourself with thoughts of Tommy Robinson in prison - that they will not abide a series of tiny extensions. The next extension of Article 50 will be a lengthy one and will likely require a second referendum due to what remains of any democratic forces within the UK.

Once Boris fails to deliver on the 31st - and he will, of course, fail - there will be a general and from sheer fatigue and exhaustion they will have to throw it back to a people’s vote, as the Tories themselves will no longer be in existence, in any meaningful way. And they will have brought that upon themselves.

Those are the options.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2019 12:32 PM

The Conservative and Labour parties are hopeless. Do the Liberal Democrats have a shot at power?

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2019 12:40 PM

Increased power, yes. But not enough for a majority in Parliament. It will still be a coalition.

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote]Increased power, yes. But not enough for a majority in Parliament. It will still be a coalition.

Gosh, they were terrific the last time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2019 6:02 PM

R37 But there will still be enough milk solids and whey to make the Mars bars, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2019 6:19 PM

Trump and Johnson. What a fucking shit show people have brought on themselves with these two fucking assholes in charge.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2019 7:39 PM

Yes and they've brought to DL endless posts with the words like "fucking shit show" and "two fucking assholes" from morons who don't know how else to express themselves.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2019 7:43 PM

Someone needs to wash the sand out of her vadge--looking at you, r43.

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2019 7:57 PM

R27, no, we didn't love Boris. At the time he was just less grotesque than the piece of shit that Labour put up as its candidate (Ken Livingstone - the worst of the Labour anti-Semites although I'm not even sure he's still in the party anymore because even he is too much for Corbyn).

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2019 8:15 PM

R37, I actually think that BloJo will come to a deal with the EU - a revised political declaration to include the possibility of customs checks being done away from the Irish border, e.g. in factories.

This isn't what I want, just what I believe is very likely to happen.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2019 8:17 PM

Boris will not make the request for an extension, and only he or the Queen can do so. October 31st will come and go and the UK will be free of the EU no matter how much wailing and gnashing of teeth there is.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2019 8:28 AM

Is there anyone talented and not-disgusting in English politics? It certainly doesn't look like it.

(Didn't say Scottish as both Nicola and Ruth are at least canny.)

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2019 9:03 AM

Really R46? What makes you think that? Putting aside the fact that there is no wiggle room on the withdrawal deal - what makes you think drawing thicker, redder lines is somehow going to produce a better deal? How exactly can customs checks be done away with at the border? For whom and for what purpose? Do you know other countries that have porous borders that they don’t protect? Why would you think that the EU is some sort of friend of Boris Johnson’s? Did you miss his short and disastrous stint as Foreign Secretary? Unless you can explain and support your explanation with facts, I don’t see much weight in your intuition.

R47, you’re dreaming. There isn’t going to be a no-deal Brexit and every legal effort is being made to prevent even a whiff of it. Boris takes office on Wednesday and that’s precisely when you’ll hear the last of it. Get ready for the shortest, most dysfunctional reign of a PM in UK history. He will have his back against a wall the entire time.

Brexit isn’t a birthday party trick where somebody pulls a rabbit out of a hat. It is strictly for grownups.

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2019 11:18 AM

As an American, I’m loving the schadenfreude of seeing the UK descend into the same racist, nationalistic, self-destructive political nightmare that we are after being mocked for Trump for 2 years. It’s a natural result of hypercapitalism and democracy. Will be interesting to see where it leads.

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2019 2:53 PM

R50 - Any person of integrity wouldn't want another country to go through what this country has been through. This is why people don't like you.

by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote]The Conservative and Labour parties are hopeless. Do the Liberal Democrats have a shot at power?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2019 3:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2019 3:13 PM

Boris is joking, he likes to make people laugh. In many ways he reminds me of Bush, another arch-comedian.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2019 3:50 PM

A good friend slept with his now ex wife and Boris threatened to kill him

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2019 4:00 PM

Tracey Ullmann is correct in that EM has "the wife", in that the 66-year-old wife, a very wealthy heiress and Boomer, and her interests, are the ones really governing. They chose him, and he's just a prop. And he's "extreme centre", a new word for authoritarian. He fooled a majority of voters into buying he was "modern", "cool", "young", when in fact he's very old.

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2019 4:24 PM

Press injunctions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2019 4:29 PM

Boris Johnson Is How Britain Ends

Wednesday is the start of the final act of the Brexit saga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2019 4:55 PM

r51, I understand what r50 is saying. It's disingenuous to play the "You Should Be Better Than That, Americans" card when Brits have been sneering at our situation for the last two years--a situation that's not the fault of many of us here in the US.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2019 6:51 PM

[quote]I understand what [R50] is saying. It's disingenuous to play the "You Should Be Better Than That, Americans" card when Brits have been sneering at our situation for the last two years--a situation that's not the fault of many of us here in the US.

I haven't especially noticed that - the endless sneering about America and Trump has come from Americans.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2019 7:48 PM

I only voted for him because he's your friend. I hardly know him.

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2019 7:52 PM

Why doesn't he get his hair cut properly? He always looks like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2019 7:58 PM

R50, you may recall Trump came down that escalator in June 2015 and carried on in the GOP primary all year, lying and dog-whistling, etc. It set the tone for our Brexit campaign in Spring 2016, the worst campaign that I can remember in my 23 years of living in the UK, by far. An MP was murdered. Lies and mendacity abounded from the Leave campaign.

Don’t think your poisonous politics didn’t lower the tone for ours. The US is definitely leading the way for proto-fascists worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2019 7:59 PM

Rich people with power are cold and capricious narcissists. I don't think they needed any help from America r63.

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2019 8:02 PM

Hunt vs Johnson - Jonathan Pie and three and a half minutes of his usual brilliance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2019 9:00 PM

R37 -- don't you know that it's not the Datalounge way to post something intelligent, informative, and useful to other Dataloungers? What were you possibly thinking?

by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2019 9:09 PM

No R64, but they got plenty of encouragement.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2019 11:25 PM

R2, Boris had already been behaving like this long before Trump's presidential candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2019 11:28 PM

R68, you’re ignoring the opportunity it gave someone like him. And the fact that the campaigns had a lot of the same advisors.

by Anonymousreply 69July 23, 2019 7:20 AM

The problem with Boris is that he’s carefully calculated a bumbling, well-meaning buffoon act, and a lot of people buy it. When really he’s a calculating abusive manipulator and liar with an insane temper

by Anonymousreply 70July 23, 2019 8:28 AM

'Boris', "Johnson '

by Anonymousreply 71July 23, 2019 9:01 AM

You guys are fucked!

by Anonymousreply 72July 23, 2019 11:20 AM

So. R70, we have a loon in charge of the UK, he's just better at hiding it?

by Anonymousreply 73July 23, 2019 1:24 PM

R68, Trump had been behaving like Trump long before Boris started behaving like Boris.

by Anonymousreply 74July 24, 2019 2:50 AM

Johnson's boorish behavior has been consistent and documented for the last 15 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2019 2:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!