Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump says he will try to help A$AP Rocky, who is currently in jail in Sweden

[quote]"I personally don’t know A$AP Rocky but I can tell you he has tremendous support from the African American community in this country. When I say African American, I think I can really say from everybody in this country n/c we’re all one."

Gurl, whut?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2019 11:06 PM

This bitch!?

HE IS RACIST -AND- HE IS DOING IT FOR ATTENTION...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2019 11:54 PM

Could Kanye ask him to resign? Also Cunts Kim & Kanye are basically endorsing him by doing this shit.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2019 11:57 PM

Yeah, he made this phone call to Kanye and tweeted about it from AF1 today.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2019 12:01 AM

“the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden”?

Does he play the psalmodicon?

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2019 12:03 AM

Young PM of Sweden. I love seeing people with fetal alcohol syndrome succeed in life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2019 12:07 AM

Sweden is racist because it’s not caving in to American celebrities? Video showed this ASAP monster beating a guy while he’s down. I hate his entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2019 12:15 AM

Fuck Kartrashian and Kanye, thinking Drumpf should interfere with the legal process of another country, and then to thank him for 'justice reform'? Is she so retarded that she doesn't realize Drumpf can do jack-shit to reform anything in Sweden? She knows there's a difference between what she said and preferential treatment, right?

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2019 12:21 AM

Fuck Kanye and Kim and their celebrity express politicking. Take it up with your congressman like the rest of us (who I am guessing would be Ted Lieu, who will give zero fucks).

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2019 12:22 AM

I teach history and political science. How the hell do I deal with Trump? It has been bad in the past but I got by. Now I just don't know what the fuck to do.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2019 12:23 AM

[quote]Could Kanye ask him to resign? Also Cunts Kim & Kanye are basically endorsing him by doing this shit.

He already has Kanye's endorsement.

This feels so pander-y. "support from the African American community" (which I desperately want to gain).

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2019 12:27 AM

Nixon had Elvis. As his 'war on drugs' advisor. Of course, while on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2019 12:30 AM

He could arrange Rocky to serve out the rest of his sentence in the US, though when you compare American and Swedish prisons... that might not be something Rocky would even want.

Presidents can pardon federal criminal convictions, but they can't pardon those made abroad, right? So he couldn't transfer him here and then pardon him.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2019 12:34 AM

[quote]Is she so retarded that she doesn't realize Drumpf can do jack-shit to reform anything in Sweden?

You Americans have a very erroneous impression of how the world works and the role and degree that American coercion has in shaping reality.

The US has already made Sweden lodge complaints against Assange for reasons that have nothing to do with the allegations made against him. The US can easily force Sweden to release an American citizen who's in a difficult legal situation, especially from something relatively small - a street brawl or whatever it is that this man has been jailed for. Few countries have the strength to knock heads against the US, and even fewer countries have the political readiness to do so. And none of these countries are in the EU. The EU are full-on doormats when it comes to contradicting America, and the smaller countries, such as Sweden, are even more so.

I imagine there will be some resistance on the part of Sweden, only because it is in interest of the Swedes to avoid the impression that they're a mere client state of the US. It all depends on Trump; he's crazy, and I don't doubt that it bully Sweden around until he gets what he wants. He's already taken this issue to the public, so now he has face to save.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2019 12:35 AM

* it bully Sweden = he will bully

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2019 12:38 AM

[quote]The US can easily force Sweden to release an American citizen who's in a difficult legal situation

Not really. Also, they could try but they're not going to. Trump can say whatever the fuck he wants, but the State Department is not going to squander its diplomatic goodwill on someone like Rocky who got jailed for a street brawl. Sorry but that's just not happening.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2019 12:40 AM

r15 You stuck in 2016, honey? Since when Trump relies on diplomats for foreign policy?

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]the State Department is not going to squander its diplomatic goodwill on someone like Rocky

What State Department?

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2019 12:44 AM

Swedish prisons are full of Arab and Somali men...A$AP might prefer being amongst his own kind in a US prison.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2019 12:45 AM

ASAP Rocky is not Julian Assange, a situation that had implications for many other countries. No doubt Sweden was under a lot of pressure then from a lot of places.

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2019 12:56 AM

I knew told you all: Trump is going to bully Sweden until they release this... person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2019 12:07 AM

[quote]"Treat American citizens fairly & with respect"

He's going to be treated like everyone else, you dumb fucks. He's not the only black person currently in Sweden, you do know that? Because people suddenly seem to think Sweden is the most racist country on the planet for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2019 12:15 AM

If it were Russia, don’t you think he would invoke the Non-Interference Doctrine and say that he trusted Puty-Poot to do the right thing?

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2019 1:35 AM

At least he won't get killed by the Swedish police. Try avoiding that on an American road.

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2019 3:00 PM

Currently trending on Twitter...

[bold]Trump: Sweden has 'let our African American community down' in A$AP Rocky case[/bold]

[quote]"Very disappointed in Prime Minister Stefan Löfven for being unable to act. Sweden has let our African American Community down in the United States," Trump tweeted Thursday afternoon. "I watched the tapes of A$AP Rocky, and he was being followed and harassed by troublemakers. Treat Americans fairly!"

[quote]He later added, "Give A$AP Rocky his FREEDOM. We do so much for Sweden but it doesn't seem to work the other way around. Sweden should focus on its real crime problem!"

[quote]He concluded both tweets with the hashtag #FreeRocky.

I can't believe this is real life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2019 11:02 PM

This is the authoritarian justice system in action. It's all about personal appeals to the Dear Leader and never about actual laws.

Also fake giving a shit about non-whites, but that's just par for the Trumpian course.

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2019 11:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!