Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NEW Madonna Video - Batuka!

Madame X scores again with her newest video for "Batuka," a track from MADAME X which is already a worldwide streaming hit.

Other Madame X News: From the tour rehearsals, it appears that Madonna will be performing "Rescue Me," one of the new tracks on her 1990 release, 'The Immaculate collection.' "Rescue Me" has never been performed in concert before.

This dispels the inaccurate claims that the MADAME X tour would solely include songs from that album that hit #1 in the USA earlier this month.

MADAME X - comin' atcha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 27, 2019 3:56 AM

This was obviously planted by a Madame X publicist. F&F it until it is GONE!

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2019 7:00 PM

She looks D&D - deformed and desperate

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2019 7:03 PM

Beautifully shot video. Plus, Madonna cures slavery. What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2019 7:10 PM

Bitch stole my look.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2019 7:33 PM

Bitch appropriated my culture and history.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2019 7:38 PM

That's great news R5. She should add other newbies like This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember and Take a Bow to the set.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2019 8:47 PM

I heard she broke a billboard record recently? Fastest #1 to drop out of Top 200 album after only 3 weeks ?

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2019 9:03 PM

I enjoyed it. She looks great with brown hair.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2019 9:09 PM

And she's also got somewhere around a billion dollars more than you R7. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2019 9:09 PM

It was on the billboard 200 for 2 weeks. It hadn't even reached 100,000 in sales when it was out of the chart. It's a bomb.

Amazing that she's still trying to promote this album.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2019 9:11 PM

No. All these old black women are just used to give her color. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2019 9:14 PM

Here is the video of "Rescue Me" which is going to be SO COOL at the awesome MADAME X concerts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2019 9:14 PM

More "Rescue Me" from MADAME X!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2019 9:15 PM

All of the videos from MADAME X have been spectacular!

Almost 61 and at her creative peak!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2019 9:21 PM

[quote]This dispels the inaccurate claims that the MADAME X tour would solely include songs from that album that hit #1 in the USA earlier this month.

If she only sang songs from the new album, the place would be empty in 15 minutes. She should do a residency on Broadway like Springsteen who was only supposed to do few weeks and ran a year and could have gone on.

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2019 10:06 PM

At least MADAME X was NUMBER ONE in the USA while Bruce had to settle for second place on the Album Chart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2019 10:27 PM

Bruce's album is still selling.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 10:33 PM

NEW Madonna Video - Bukkake!

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 10:36 PM

MADAME X was still Number One and Bruce did not get a US #1 this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote]Amazing that she's still trying to promote this album.

It's sad that she can't accept the flop album was dead on arrival. To pour even more money into videos that aren't doing a thing to get people to buy it is foolish.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2019 10:37 PM

Her new album has literally nose dived from the #1 position. In fact, so much so, it’s made the billboard history books! 😝

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2019 10:42 PM

Horrible auto-tuned song. And the video makes me feel embarrassed as once again Madonna shows her gratuitous pathology toward blacks. She has no black friends, right? Just black children.

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2019 10:43 PM

I consider myself a Madonna fan but I only “sort of” like one track off of Madame X. - “God Control”.

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2019 10:45 PM

Bukkake! Boo-ka-ka! Bukelele!

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2019 10:45 PM

[quote]She has no black friends, right?

She has no real friends period - just hangers-on and "yes" men/women.

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2019 10:46 PM

R23, "GOD CONTROL" is one of Madonna's best songs!

MADAME X is a brilliant work of art!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2019 10:47 PM

Madame X performing "God Control" at World Pride is one of the most amazing things ever!

So inspirational!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2019 10:48 PM

And like most brilliant "art", nobody wants anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2019 10:49 PM

FF to the delusional Madonna loon.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2019 10:50 PM

I liked Madame X but this is an odd choice of single. She's obviously hampered by the fact that the best tracks are not in English or are duets. I assume she chose this one because it's more upbeat than the remaining tracks.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2019 10:52 PM

Why are you so negative towards Madonna?

She's always been there to help gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2019 11:08 PM

Gay Men owe a lot to Madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2019 11:12 PM

R32 Wrong you stupid cunt. Madonna owes gay men for her entire career.

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2019 11:44 PM

I kinda like "I don't search I find." Although I'm not a madonna fan, it reminds me of clubbing days in the 90's. Thursday night's at shelter in Chicago. It's definitely got a 90s vibe.

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2019 11:50 PM

I like this album (though she has much better ones), but I don't understand what she is doing with all of the promo singles/videos. I guess this is how music is released now? Is the single dead? She only cares about the tour? It's confusing.

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2019 12:26 AM

Good for Madonna for putting out music that she wants to do. A lot of the tracks on Madame X aren't exactly radio friendly. She knows top 40 radio has abandoned her, so she's putting out music that has a more of an experimental bent; the kind of stuff you'd likely hear on Sirius XM.

As for the plummet from the top of the charts, so what? Read the trades and they'll tell you that this has become more of a common occurrence as record labels and their artists want "Debuting at #1" bragging rights over longevity. There's very little money to be had by digital sales, so they're bundling it with other merchandise to increase profits and land at #1. This is why you have Taylor Swift albums selling with free hoodies and Papa John's Pizza, and DJ Khaled albums with the purchase of 10 cans of an energy drink.

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2019 12:42 AM

Vadgebot moving those goal posts as usual.

It's a bomb. Taylor and Dj Khaled aren't playing 200 seat theaters. Ridiculous comparisons.

by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2019 12:48 AM

And with the way her tour tickets are currently selling, she'd be better off trying something more intimate, like restaurants.

Fifty seat gigs should be an easy sellout. Food Is always an easy draw.

by Anonymousreply 38July 20, 2019 12:51 AM

Tickets will sell as the date approaches. Let her do her thing. Why do you have to be so negative and waste your energy hating? You're just as obsessed with her as her biggest fan.

by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2019 12:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2019 12:57 AM

She needs to talk to Billy Joel. He got a clue stopped trying to release new music and plays the oldies quite successfully.

by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2019 12:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2019 1:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2019 1:43 AM

Batuka is a hit!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2019 1:46 AM

R38 Maybe she should do a dinner theater instead. Or maybe she could team up with Cracker Barrel and perform in the parking lot before they start serving dinner.

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2019 1:56 AM

She needs to talk to Billy Joel. He got a clue stopped trying to release new music and plays the oldies quite successfully.

R41 She can't stand the fact that she is a nostalgia act now and people only want to hear her old stuff at this point, but she's hard-headed and won't accept that. And when she does perform old songs, she remixes them to the point they're fucked up and unrecognizable. People don't want that shit. They want to hear songs in their original form in the way they grew to love them.

Billy Joel could teach Vadge something. He just played to a sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden last month.

by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2019 2:01 AM

There is a DL poster, a DL OP who is clearly very hurt that their fellow DL-ers don't love Ma-notonous as much as they do.

"Gay men owe Madonna so much."

No darling, Madonna owes gay men for always being her "edginess" tool back when gayness was considered edgy.

The great "ally" Madonna fell in love with a married a blatant homophobe in a failed attempt to advance her disastrous acting career.

by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2019 2:13 AM

Biggest decent from the top spot in Billboard chart history.

by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2019 2:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2019 3:30 AM

R48, Bon Jovi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2019 3:34 AM

R48, Bon Jovi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2019 3:34 AM

Is R26 trolling? He can't be serious?

by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2019 3:39 AM

R51 That's a group, and they're men. Vadge is a solo artist, and a female. So she holds two dubious records for the biggest drop: that of a solo artist AND female artist!

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2019 3:40 AM

Beautiful video.

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2019 4:02 AM

Janet really shouldn't be eating at R49. She doesn't look like that anymore. We all saw her sweaty poundage at Glastonbury. Stay away from the chips, fat sweaty lady.

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2019 5:22 AM

[quote] And she's also got somewhere around a billion dollars more than you [R7]. So there's that.

Yes, how DARE he criticize extremely rich people!

You really showed him!

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2019 5:30 AM

Batuka, along with Future and Bitch, I'm Loca are the tracks I always skip over.

Crazy, Faz Gostoso or I Don't Search... would have made better singles/videos.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2019 5:38 AM

OP, you're coming on a little strong. The stanning and shilling is a bit much. And I say that as someone who really likes the album. This track, though very well produced, is not one I find myself returning to, but I'll agree that the video is very good. The story behind it is actually quite interesting and it's nice to see Madonna put a spotlight on these ladies and their culture. Oh, and the ghosts of the slave ships was a very striking touch. This was much more thoughtfully made than that wacky God Control video.

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2019 7:33 AM

Afraid of a strong gun control message?

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2019 9:03 AM

[quote]#Batuka is a masterpiece, Madonna is serving beautiful&powerful visuals this era.Damn,seeing all these powerful women standing in solidarity made me emotional.This was not just an mv, it was a lesson in history. RESPECT #MadameX ♥️

A LESSON IN HISTORY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2019 3:34 PM

Leave it to Madonna to name a song Bukkake!

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2019 3:39 PM

R59 (and, I assume, overbearing OP), don't be so thick. I'm not "afraid of a gun control message." If anything, M is late to the table on that discussion. I actually thought, in concept, the God Control video was interesting. I just thought it was poorly executed. It was done on the cheap and that was especially obvious in the scenes of carnage that looked like something out of an old B-movie. They needed professional actors and stunt people and, apparently, a stronger director than Jonas. But, anyway, back to the topic at hand, this is a much better video.

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2019 7:16 PM

We need to WAKE UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2019 11:09 PM

@Madonna's #RebelHeartTour DVD re-enters at #24 on #Australia DVD Official Charts! 37 weeks in total, peaked #1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2019 11:51 PM

Everything about Madonna makes me cringe now. She is like Norma Desmond.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2019 11:53 PM

R65 She truly is. When you watch her videos on Instagram, she really seems delusional.

by Anonymousreply 66July 21, 2019 12:15 AM

As photographed by Herb Ritts for the cover of the February 1989 issue of VOGUE magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 21, 2019 12:51 AM

I had to turn it off shortly after the history lesson. Fucking auto-tune!! I hate it!! When she releases a song without it, I'll listen again but that auto-tuned shit irritates me on a molecular level.

by Anonymousreply 68July 21, 2019 1:45 AM

Madonna stole this look...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2019 1:49 AM

[quote]I don't understand what she is doing with all of the promo singles/videos.

Well, let's see...

"Dark Ballet" with Mykki Blanco as Joan of Arc burning at the stake was released on LGBT Pride Month (June).

"God Control" with its nightclub shooting scenes was released around the anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting.

And "Batuka" with its chorus of women of color, performing in a genre of music that was supressed by the authorities for being rebellious, singing out lines like "There's a storm ahead / I hear the wind blowing / Will we win this race? / Get that old man / Put him in jail."

Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2019 2:35 AM

R69 Joan at least seemed human.

by Anonymousreply 71July 21, 2019 2:38 AM

She's releasing all these videos because they were already made before the album dropped. All this promo stuff was done months ago -- she was posting pics on her instagram from these shoots back in spring, I think.

In this latest video, I don't think it's her in the exterior shots -- they never show her face in the same frame when she's with the group of women, outside.

by Anonymousreply 72July 21, 2019 2:48 AM

R72 Then it was a stupid idea because she wasted tons of money on videos that aren't helping sell the turkey.

by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2019 4:36 AM

She, or her people, are uploading these videos and album tracks to YouTube in HD. You don't think they know that people are downloading these to their iPhones for free?

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2019 4:45 AM

R74 Honey, the album is a piece of shit and so are the videos. I doubt many people are downloading anything related to this flop. I don't think they could give any of it away if they tried.

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2019 4:48 AM

R75

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2019 5:04 AM

R76 That's a nice gif...from 32 years ago when she was still relevant.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2019 8:52 AM

The bitch should have disappeared decades ago. She is vile. She used gay men for everything. She still is. She has full blown narcissistic personality disorder, she is ugly, she is trash, she is an attention seeking whore, and a seriously fucked up mother.

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2019 8:56 AM

I miss the long stretch of Madonna from 1983 to about 2000 (even though I mentally checked out during the "Erotica"/SEX book/Body of Evidence years).

The narcissism didn't bother me so much when she was younger (maybe because I didn't quite understand how bad it was). But it's something that has "aged badly" and it can't be unseen, rationalized, or excused anymore.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2019 9:41 AM

I've never liked her personality or found her musically interesting but I liked "Vogue" and maybe one or two others. What I find fascinating are those who worship her and those who hate her. She doesn't inspire that strong emotion from me. Maybe because I've never sensed any genuine emotion from her or her work.

She's a pop music singer and not a very good one, as real singers go. Her years of being popular lasted longer than most pop stars get but they have passed. She seems unable to move on.

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2019 10:00 AM

MADAME X is rebounding!!!!

Back up the charts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2019 3:57 PM

QUEEN @Madonna RELEASED 5 INCREDIBLE! GROUNDBREAKING! BEAUTIFUL! ARTISTIC! MUSIC VIDEOS from the #MadameX album and isn’t nominated for anything? FUCK ALL THE WAY OFF! @MTV

#MTVAwards #VMAs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2019 10:05 PM

I think it's an absolute outrage that @MTV ignored every video from #madonna's Madame X era!!! Fuck the lot of you #VMAs #VMA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2019 10:10 PM

Love how Madonna is acting all close and chummy with everyone in the tour rehearsals on Instagram making it look like they're thicker than thieves and one big happy family. Probably the only good acting performance she's capable of ever pulling off.

All these musicians, singers and dancers that have worked on the album and are going on tour with her and are convinced that Madonna is their new best friend and will keep in touch with them after the Madame X era ends need a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 84July 24, 2019 12:21 PM

Once again, so many naysayers had incorrect presumptions about the MADAME X Tour.

"It will just be Madonna by herself, no dancers, no musicians!"

"ONLY songs from the flop Madame X!"

How wrong they were, yet again, when it comes to Madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 24, 2019 12:39 PM

And Beyoncé couldn't even hit Number One like MADAME X.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 24, 2019 12:44 PM

R45, how the fuck did I miss your gem of a comment? 😂

by Anonymousreply 87July 24, 2019 12:54 PM

Bring a pillow, concertgoers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 24, 2019 1:31 PM

@Madonna's #MadameX still is #2 on #Portugal Official Album Charts on this week! (05 weeks)

Run Charts: 1-1-1-2-2 😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 24, 2019 6:02 PM

OP - you're making this conversation near intolerable for those of us who genuinely like M and are looking forward to the tour. It's not black and white you crazy stan. One can enjoy M and find some of her behavior ridiculous. She's already cemented her place in popular culture, so there's no need to desperately defend her at every turn. Her legacy will withstand her current diminished popularity and relevance. It will even survive her more eye-rolling tendencies. And it will survive some internet snark, so lighten the fuck up.

70% new material seems high unless she's singing every album track. I'm gonna assume it will end up being more like 50-60%. Was reading she's been rehearsing Rescue Me??? I don't think shes' EVER performed that one. I'm guessing we'll get bloody Candy Shop again. She's obsessed with that song.

by Anonymousreply 90July 25, 2019 2:43 AM

Confirmed:

Like A Prayer

Rescue Me

Vogue

Human Nature

American Life

Easy Ride

X-Static Process

Frozen

Like A Prayer

What It Feels Like For A Girl

You Must Love Me

Dark Ballet

I Don't Search, I Find

I Rise

Crazy

God Control

Batuka

Killers Who Are Partying

Come Alive

Medellin

11 old/9 new

by Anonymousreply 91July 25, 2019 3:21 AM

Oops, 10 old/9 new. About 50/50.

Counted Prayer twice.

by Anonymousreply 92July 25, 2019 3:22 AM

Never trust rehearsals. She's plucked songs out at the last minute before. I won't believe she's doing any of those songs until I see her do those songs in November. Obviously, most will make the cut but you don't know which will until the show debuts.

by Anonymousreply 93July 25, 2019 3:28 AM

It punishes my ears, like a kid beating on a trash can with a pipe.

by Anonymousreply 94July 25, 2019 7:03 AM

Why does she hate "Angel"?!

by Anonymousreply 95July 25, 2019 7:23 AM

R91 If that’s the set list then get ready for scathing reviews! The handful of fans she has left that bought tickets will be pissed. And how many fucking times does she have to sing Like a Prayer, Vogue, and Human Nature? Jesus Christ. Of all the old songs she could choose, she chooses the same tired ones over and over.

by Anonymousreply 96July 25, 2019 7:34 AM

“Rescue Me” has never been performed before.

by Anonymousreply 97July 25, 2019 9:05 AM

What a POS set list. Only 2 from her golden era. So glad I abstained from buying tickets.

by Anonymousreply 98July 25, 2019 1:29 PM

Seeing "God Control" LIVE is going to be SO awesome!

What a fantastic set list!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 25, 2019 2:26 PM

#USA Mediabase #Update

Adult Contemporary #10 (+03) #Crave

+48 Spins +76 Bullet +0.181 Audience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 26, 2019 3:27 PM

Madame X in rehearsals!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 26, 2019 3:36 PM

R96 Even though I like Cher better, she's even worse when it comes to singing the same songs. In fact, she's been using the same setlist for the last several tours, the only differences being the songs are slightly shuffled around and the addition of 2-3 tracks from the latest album. Hell, even the Believe and Living Proof/"Farewell tours had the same exact song and opening. She's even re-using the Gayatri Mantra and the mechanical elephant that was featured in the latter.

by Anonymousreply 102July 26, 2019 4:47 PM

*for her current tour.

by Anonymousreply 103July 26, 2019 4:48 PM

R101 OMG she looks deranged in that photo! And she needs to lay off the bleach. Her hair is completely fried.

by Anonymousreply 104July 26, 2019 6:00 PM

Why can't she ever wear any color besides black?

That is what I loved about Confessions. That whole era, she wore purples, pinks and orange colored clothing.

The black is so tired.

by Anonymousreply 105July 26, 2019 6:03 PM

R105 My guess is that she's got an old lady pouch in her stomach now, especially since she said herself that she doesn't workout anymore. So she's probably hoping the black will help hide it.

by Anonymousreply 106July 26, 2019 6:06 PM

Wait, Madonna said she doesn't work out anymore? Link please.

by Anonymousreply 107July 26, 2019 6:08 PM

It's total BULLSHIT that she didn't get a single MTV-VMA nomination. Medellin and God Control and Butuka were so much better than that horrible Taylor Swift video that got nominated.

by Anonymousreply 108July 26, 2019 6:09 PM

Nobody cares about Madonna anymore. DL is the only ones still talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 109July 26, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]Wait, Madonna said she doesn't work out anymore? Link please.

I read this in some interview she recently did too. Can’t remember which one.

by Anonymousreply 110July 26, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote]It's total BULLSHIT that she didn't get a single MTV-VMA nomination. Medellin and God Control and Butuka were so much better than that horrible Taylor Swift video that got nominated.

What's that say about how relevant Madonna is these days? Nobody's checking for her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 111July 26, 2019 6:21 PM

In the video that R101 comes from, her grill is just hideous. It's gold and huge.

by Anonymousreply 112July 26, 2019 6:35 PM

[quote]Nobody cares about Madonna anymore.

Nobody cares about MTV anymore, either.

by Anonymousreply 113July 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Does she really have herpes?

by Anonymousreply 114July 26, 2019 8:30 PM

Is it possible she missed the cut off date to be nominated?

by Anonymousreply 115July 27, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote]Nobody cares about MTV anymore, either.

Then why are the queens at R108 and R83 crying about her not being nominated?

by Anonymousreply 116July 27, 2019 3:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!