Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

IS TRUMP TRYING TO REDACT HIS NUREMBERG RALLY "Send them back".

I was just watching Morning Joe and heard Dumpass saying he was trying to get his deplorables to stop chanting because it sounded too much like Hitler's Send them Home Nuremberg rally.

....maybe I was hearing it wrong. Will search for a link.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2019 6:48 PM

Found this MSNBC link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2019 12:43 PM

He truly is like a dumber and far more inarticulate version of Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2019 12:49 PM

Trump knows exactly what he's doing, R2. Underestimate his political prowess at your own peril.

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2019 12:52 PM

Trump paused and let then chanting build up for over 10 seconds, it's right on the fucking video. He's a pathological liar.

At least the Nuremberg rallies had impressive visual design flair.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2019 12:52 PM

I can’t wait til this prolapsed asshole of a human being drops dead. I will celebrate that day every year for the rest of my life like it’s fucking Christmas morning.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2019 12:54 PM

R3 is absolutely correct. He is no stupid. He's unintelligent, but he is possessed of a low cunning, and he has street smarts. There are people "advising" him, and he gets the concept then runs with it. He will broad stroke offering his ill formed opinions and his "advisors" translate that into policy. We can sit here forever and catalogue his failures and his corruption. But he sits in the fucking White House getting away with it, and his businesses all are getting licensing agreements from China, and god knows where else. He is constantly pushing the envelope and his perspective seems to be "Who's gonna stop me?" No one has so far, neither in the state courts, or the federal. He is filth personified. A cruel, sadistic, vile POS.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2019 1:03 PM

Still doesn't seem to make a difference to his core supporters. As Trump once said, Don't believe what you see or hear. And they don't. They have been brainwashed and there's no going back for them. There is nothing he can do that will make them turn on him.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2019 1:04 PM

Well, I think he knows how to play to his audience of deplorables, r3. However, I stand by my opinion of him being an idiot.

He may have a certain amount of animal cunning but it will only take him so far.

For example, Ilhan Omar had her life threatened previously by lunatic Trump supporter and someone probably mentioned to the stable genius that his comments could have endangered her life even more.

He’s simply trying to dial his comments back because he knows he could be held responsible if anything should happen to her.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2019 1:05 PM

Oh, he IS stupid and unintelligent. He does posses a certain type of intelligence but it is not in the IQ realm. He has great, although evil, instincts.

Those deplorables! Like a bunch of rabid, frothing dogs. He is going to drag them sooooo low then completely disavow them when it happens. Did you see the interviews with some of them? Ugh. These are our neighbors and coworkers. It is all fun and games to them. They are part of the reality show. And he is leading them by the nose.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2019 1:08 PM

The double whammy of the tweets and the chants really hit his popularity hard, despite the usual defenses from GOPers and some media, and despite trolls saying it wouldn't hurt him at all. His core base loved it but the half-hearted supporters and independents who lean right didn't care for it at all, and it was obvious. "Go back to where you came from" is an old, old racist trope and you can't excuse or lie your way out of it. Everyone knows what you mean.

He thought this would hurt only the Dems by forcing them to support the four Reps that the Republicans are freaking out about, but instead everyone except his base thought he was out of line. Now he's trying to weasel out of it by saying he tried to stop the chant, just like McCain stopped that one supporter of his who was being racist.

Except everyone knows it was a lie. Wonder what his base thinks about his backtracking?

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2019 1:12 PM

When Germany became a fascist country, almost hundred of millions of people died. I shudder to imagine how many will die when the US becomes one..... Spine-chilling.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2019 1:17 PM

NY Times and WaPo are all over the fact that there is video showing he was lying.

And that clip of John McCain telling the woman that Obama was not an "Arab" is gold because it shows what you're SUPPOSED to do when something like that happens.

If you want a lesson in how the Deps view him, just drop in on any Deranged Fangurl thread on DL. Just as these women make up excuses for every dumbass thing their crush does, the Deps will come up with reasons why it really wasn't Trump's fault.

Though, as others have noted, the number of hard core Deps is shrinking as less fascistic GOPers are growing sick of him.

OTOH, there's a quote in today's NYT from some people in Michigan saying that while they hate Trump's actions and the way he treats people, they love what he's done for the economy (their words, not mine) and thus might vote for him again.

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2019 1:22 PM

He has no bottom. If we don't get him out, I could easily see him executing Hillary live on stage for a TV special.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2019 1:25 PM

McCain said it best when he stated that Trump “ fired up the crazies”.

And he’s still doing it.

Even after what happened with that idiot in Florida with the pipe bombs.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2019 1:29 PM

We all saw the preview with Palin.

The "Arab" lady was classic and I doubt many except McCain would have the same reaction. He actually did the right thing and I find his sainthood status way overrated. I wonder what she is up to? She looked crazy and we only saw her from behind!

He knows he is tapping into a very dangerous mix of people. Some are new voters. Even with all the supposed Hillary support "staying home" or "voting 3rd party", I think he won because he got people out who don't usually vote. They were excited about having someone so overtly racist. And he barely won. He has only lost support.

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2019 1:36 PM

[quote]He has no bottom.

Oh, yes he does!

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2019 2:00 PM

Trump's active supporters are unqualified supporters. Period. Especially 90% of the ones who get bused to his rallies. Now there are also some soft supporters who disdain politics, and just think about the economy. These people are not the working poor, but rather the middle class professionals and white collar workers in most offices , aspirants who avidly watch the stock market, and even though they're net worth is under $50,000, they like to think they're being practical and will support the economy. Too stupid by half.

By the way. The Republican Party, RNC, is investing in a massive recruitment effort, and sending young people to "train" for a mission to establish & grow their presence on college campuses actively and unabashedly promoting Trump and his beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 2:23 PM

But what always surprises me is how deliberately ignorant they tend to be, r17. It doesn’t matter what information comes to light, or how much it is presented in the media, they never seem to absorb and except the facts.

I was reading the comments of another trumptard yesterday, and she kept banging on about how Trump was a brilliant businessman who got his start with a small loan, when it has been proven that he inherited hundreds of millions of dollars and lost it all through incompetence and bankruptcy.

What the fuck does it take for these idiots to accept the truth?

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 2:39 PM

A woman said she didn't like Obama because he was an Arab.

McCain responded: “No, ma’am. No, ma’am,” “He’s a decent family man, a citizen who I just happen to have serious differences with on fundamental questions.”

While more than any other rethug would do, it's hardly a profile in courage, since it sort of implies that an Arab could not be a "decent family man", or that Obama can be a "decent" family man because he's not an Arab.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2019 2:41 PM

McCain just did what any responsible politician or public figure should do. However, it shows how far we’ve fallen when Trump plays up to racists like that woman, instead of trying to reign in their bigotry and racism.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2019 2:54 PM

r18 Oh, they know the truth but will never admit it. Who wants to admit you were snookered? No one. So they double down.

Who wants to admit this conman fooled them? I wouldn't.

Make no mistake- that chant hit legal immigrants hard. The chill across the nation was palatable. This will not be forgotten. He jumped the shark.

Hey Cubans, yeah you, you still support this asshole after he went after a legal immigrant and suggested she "go back home"?

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2019 3:03 PM

Those “young people” are going to be the new Republican brown shirts, r17. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see some kind of nascent SS type institution set up in the future to deal with the opposition.

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2019 3:13 PM

cubans been pulling their superior bullshit on other latinos for decades, they'd be the first in line to deport muslims

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2019 3:28 PM

r23 Yep. Truly astounding and selfish. They got theirs so fuck everyone else. Yet, let them stroll through MS or AL in some rural area and try to explain they are legal immigrants and "superior" Cubans and lets see how far that gets them. Hint: Not far.

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2019 3:30 PM

Who's his Leni Riefenstahl? Obviously not the Huckabeast since the extent of her artistic eye is rearranging onion slices on her double cheeseburger. Mother Pence is too... motherish. Melania The Architect/Model/Einstein Visa Recipient?

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2019 3:34 PM

I think the soft supporters who only think about the economy ignore his short comings. If you try to force them t comment about kids ripped from their mother's arms, or his corruption they get very uncomfortable. I even had some agree with me, "I KNOW. that immigration thing is so terrible. But why did their parents bring them if they were sick, etc." Then they change the subject. They "don't like to talk about politics." They're the ones who while burying their heads in the sand, will go right back into the voting booth and vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2019 3:49 PM

Accept the facts, not except, R18.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2019 3:56 PM

r26 Most will but enough won't.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2019 3:57 PM

They're sheeple. THey don't rock the boat. They will always go with what they know. They voted for OBama in 2012, McCain ( I know who he is) in 2008, and Trump in 2016. (Her e-mails!" ) These are the people who are "low information voters" who go along to get along. They don't like Trump, but they expect nothing from him or any other politician.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2019 4:18 PM

In this clip, the young black conservative guy still plans to vote again for Trump, despite Trump’s statements, which hit him "in the gut." He feels that the economy is going well, thanks to Trump, and as a profitable black businessman, he wants Trump for another four years.

The black woman in the clip accused him of placing money over his personal values, which the black guy didn't truly dispute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2019 4:37 PM

It's always the economy, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2019 4:40 PM

The economy was recovering and on the rebound because of the Democrats and Obama. The fact that it is doing as well as it is now has nothing to do with Trump.

All the Republicans have done is increase the deficit, which will eventually cause a massive recession.

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2019 4:53 PM

Trump and Republicans won't really be running on the economy. The tax bill remains highly unpopular (and legitimately so) and a plurality of voters don't give Trump credit for the economy. This is a new deliberate strategy:

[quote]During an interview with CNN on Thursday morning, Haberman said “stoking racial tensions” has become an official “strategy” for 2020. Some of Trump’s most inflammatory remarks at the rally were included on his teleprompter speech, CNN noted. According to Haberman, the Trump campaign has decided that “stoking racial tension is going to be more effective than talking about the economy.”

This is going to continue and it's going to get worse. The problem with this kind of campaign strategy is that you have to keep escalating to keep the crowd happy. And with Trump, it's a feedback loop. He loves the adulation at his rallies so he looks for whatever phrases will keep that adulation coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2019 4:58 PM

[quote] Yet, let them stroll through MS or AL in some rural area and try to explain they are legal immigrants and "superior" Cubans

Maybe not. One of the reasons Cubans pull the superior card is that the core of the Miami community are white, descendants of Spaniards and other Europeans who immigrated to Cuba in the late 1800s. A fair number of them are light--light brown or blonde, blue or green eyes. If they are US-born and don't speak with an accent, most people wouldn't realize they were Cuban.

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2019 5:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2019 5:21 PM

r34 You know damn well I am not talking about those who can "fit in".

That black T voter. No helping the truly stupid. "I still support Hitler because he wants a strong Germany. We've been put down too long and he'll get our economy going again! His removal of half my family and the hateful rhetoric hit me in the gut but oh wells, I'm good!"- hypothetical Jewish voter circa 1940.

The GOP did NOTHING for the economy until 2018. The only thing they did was unleash unpopular, deficit busting tax cuts for the rich on us. Put in on the credit card! This economy, by and large, is thanks to Dems. Yet again!

by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2019 5:32 PM

My point R36, is that since many Cubans are white and of European descent, they resent being lumped in with other Latinxs, the brown ones in particular.

To use your example, many German Jews were very assimilated, had converted to Christianity, married Christian spouses and otherwise saw themselves as "not like those Jews the Nazis hate", "those Jews" being the recent immigrants to Germany from Poland who were Orthodox and still very Fiddler On The Roof in the way they looked.

They were, of course, wrong, but the notion that "they're talking about the same people I am embarrassed to be lumped in with" is pretty strong.

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2019 5:54 PM

^^They were, of course, wrong, but the IMPETUS TO BELIEVE the notion that "they're talking about the same people I am embarrassed to be lumped in with" is pretty strong.

[corrected]

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2019 5:55 PM

r37 Most Cubans I know cannot pass for your avg "white" person. At. All. Not even close. Jews were tolerated in Germany.......until they weren't. Same will go for Cubans.

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2019 5:59 PM

[quote] Most Cubans I know

Well there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2019 6:05 PM

r40 What? Even on TV, most cannot pass for "white". It is a fact. It isn't like Latin America. Cubans, by and large, do NOT look "white".

But, by all means, let them stroll through rural America and spread their Cubans roots. I bet no less than 50% of the time, they get "Go back to your country".

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote] Even on TV,

I know! Everyone knew that Ricky Ricardo wasn't white!!!

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2019 6:20 PM

Just imagine how many Republican voters loathed McCain for having the guts or humane instinct to refute that woman. Trump probably seemed like a godsend to them. I wonder what they'll do if/when he's finally gone.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2019 6:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!