Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Non straight couple has something to say

“Vanessa Dillon, 41, is a bisexual woman marrying Bob Bissonnette, 36, a bisexual man. Each has dated people of more than one gender in the past. Not adhering to monogamy, they might continue to do so after they are married. But at their wedding, to outsiders they appear straight.

“If I was marrying a woman, it would be obvious to everyone that I am queer,” said Ms. Dillon of Brisbane, Australia. “But because I’m holding hands with a man instead of a woman, everyone assumes I’m hetero. People think if you settle down with a bloke, you are all of a sudden straight again.”

So at their wedding, which is scheduled to take place Sept. 29 at a bandstand in a public park in Brisbane, Ms. Dillon and Mr. Bissonnette, both data analysts, are making plans with this in mind.

Their officiant is a friend who mostly performs queer weddings. The table for drinks will be covered in the rainbow gay pride flag. The bisexual pride flag, with its pink, purple and blue stripes, will drape the table with the registry. All the decorations — she is hand-making their wedding flowers out of paper — will be in those colors. Both of them are wearing custom Converse sneakers with rainbows over them, along with their wedding date, and he’ll also wear a purple bow tie.

Bisexuality is an identity that gets erased with frequency,” said Maddie Eisenhart, the chief revenue officer of A Practical Wedding, a website that offers advice to couples, including those who are in the L.G.B.T.Q. community. “Five or six years ago it was taboo to talk about being a bisexual within the context of marriage,” Ms. Eisenhart said. “Now people are talking about how to make their identity known even more.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2019 10:31 PM

How did I know before I clicked on this that one of them would have blue hair. The blue hair will assist with the “queer” visibility.

Bisexuals ending up in a straight marriage, groundbreaking, the world certainly needs to learn about this unique event.

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2019 6:02 AM

Theyd better be glad they found each other because I have a feeling neither of them got much play from either sex.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2019 6:10 AM

First the MAGA wedding and now a Pride het wedding--the hits just keep on coming.

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2019 6:26 AM

R1, because they like to do shit that draws attention to themselves. I didn’t even finish the article. It was boring, just like their sexuality and blue hair.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2019 6:29 AM

Does she have fibro as well?

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2019 8:29 AM

They are both tiresome

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2019 8:36 AM

They just want the gay glow while being straight. Cultural appropriation. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2019 8:39 AM

It's definitely about needing attention and validation. And no one makes this more apparent than this annoying ,self-obsessed , autoandrophile:.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2019 10:31 AM

R8 What did 'Chase' do that all the comments are alluding to?

Sounds pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2019 10:46 AM

And the NYT's downward spiral into Huff Post navel-gazing and irrelevance continues.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2019 10:51 AM

Datalounge is so bitter. These people look happy. I'll take them over some ken-and-barbie churchgoers who love the sinner but vote against our rights.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2019 11:18 AM

R9 That'd be about his somewhat abusive treatment of now-former podcast partner and best friend of a number of years. Seems Chase the narcissist is also emotionally manipulative and a bit of a money-grubber, always whining poverty to young audience and ebegging, from patreon to Amazon wishlist Also fucked over this best friend, emotionally and financially- exceptionally poor form. given this person has a debilitating skeletal-ligament condition, as well as autism.

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2019 11:26 AM

[quote]They are both tiresome

This.

They are excessively pedestrian and have nothing that sets them apart or makes them special, contrary to what they've obviously been told by their parents, teachers, and society since they were children, so must find ways to shout at the world "look at me" to show how unique, special, and individual they are.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2019 12:25 PM

That way of speaking in R8's video is so tiresome and boring. Nobody wants to believe they're boring but Chase, you're a boring dude.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2019 12:33 PM

[quote]Datalounge is so bitter. These people look happy. I'll take them over some ken-and-barbie churchgoers who love the sinner but vote against our rights.

Absolutely.

I do wonder about their complaint about not being visible as bi when in a straight relationship, though, and it's one I've come across a few times. Surely the onus isn't on other people to validate your identity.

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2019 12:35 PM

Well aren’t we the shining know-it-all’s on the hill.

Humph!

I mean, who care? Let them find out whatever that is for themselves- I’m sure no one on this thread really has any more clue than they do.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2019 12:40 PM

This is what happens when they get REAL bored in Brissie.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 12:45 PM

Look at me! Look at me!

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 12:52 PM

What r11, r16 fail to grasp is that a national publication--the nyt no less--is providing these bisexuals a platform from which to bitch that they aren't getting the validation they believe they should be despite being in a completely heterosexual relationship. I'm sure they're a perfectly happy het couple (actually I doubt it), but there's nothing so groundbreaking or challenging about a straight relationship--especially when that M/F couple wants validation not only from straights but also gays!

Bob and Vanessa, the world doesn't need to hear about or celebrate a relationship that has been the complete standard for millennia. Bob, you will not be discriminated against in any aspect of your life for marrying yourself to a woman (although maybe the blue hair will raise eyebrows--as it should). Vanessa, you won't have to endure any grief or anxiety when someone asks you about your relationship at work, in your family, or among friends. It is astonishing hubris to think that your "struggle" as a heterosexual couple is something that needs to be written about.

So I'm not 'bitterly' criticizing their relationship or not "taking them over bible-thumpers." I'm saying that like most 'queer' heterosexual couples, they should have the decency and self-awareness to stfu about it.

I accidentally W&W r15 and I take it back!

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2019 1:00 PM

These types of boring assholes they they are hip and progressive. They believe themselves more evolved. What they are in fact are fat fugly losers who wear T-shirts to the bar. She’s a hetero who instead of not having anything, will tell herself she is Angie Fuckin’ Bowie. She will put up with him sucking on the dick because it’s all she will get.

He is a head case that wants to prove he’s that desirable gay who is so masc he has a wife he ducks. That said, he’s a bottom.

They are a couple of messes. The crap that gets into NYTimes is incredible. This bullshit should go no farther than their own blog. Sick of assholes screaming about not getting any mainstream attention. This info is never a joyous admission. It’s always a demand of not getting any attention. These people are no different than boring ugly swingers from any other era.

The blue hair accent apparently is the go to color for uglies that know they are unattractive.

These people think they are just like David Bowie, lol.

Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2019 1:15 PM

R20 here. I apologize for the spelling, I didn’t proof.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2019 1:19 PM

I hate people who think their relationships are of interest to anyone but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2019 1:24 PM

At 41, isn’t she a little old for this “Look at me!” shit?

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2019 1:48 PM

Basically, they want the cachet of being oppressed without actually, you know, being oppressed.

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2019 2:03 PM

Too late, R19. I am already using it to further the bi agenda.

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2019 2:07 PM

Oof...that hair. Unusually colored hair looks fantastic as long as it’s well-maintained and well conditioned, but that rat’s nest on her head is a mess in every way.

She looks like the kind of person who would file a workplace discrimination complaint against you for complimenting her on her marriage.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2019 2:18 PM

No one cares if these 2 blue-haired unicorns are gay, bi or straight. No one NEEDS to know this about them, as some kind of "Public Service Announcement" or "Bulletin Board". If they get negatively discriminated against based on prejudice - that's one thing. But if they don't - stop OVER-SHARING about your funky-smelling sex lives.

The permutations of one's sex life are not as interesting or enthralling for others as they might think.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2019 2:20 PM

I'm so sick of people wanting to be perceived visually for something they are not. It is a man and a woman walking down the street holding hands. How else are we supposed to identify them?

They want their self-identity, hidden from view from society, to correlate with their societal identification. It's like a man in lipstick saying he's a woman and getting upset that people call him sir.

This shit has gone too far. I can't guess what's in your heads - don't expect others too. And also, don't expect others to go along with your fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Ugh, I'd rather get tongue-kissed by a homeless than attend a wedding where the tables are covered in pride flags and feature flowers hand cut by the bride. These Tacky Jackies probably cater with a casserole and a cash bar. This is why people want to erase bisexuals.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2019 2:43 PM

Blue hair was cool in 1980 when I was 15. I had to take the bus to Hollywood and buy the hair dye from this punk shop on Melrose (our "KIng's Road" back then).

I dyed a streak in my hair to look like my crush, the guitarist of The Damned.

Middle aged obese women nowadays with blue hair just look ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2019 9:50 PM

Do any straight men actually think that blue or green hair or whatever is attractive? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2019 9:58 PM

R31 - I doubt it. It's a sign of being alternative - but it's fucking sad on someone in their 40's. She's an attention whore because - well, let's face it, she's not exactly knocking them out with her beauty.

I bet both of them had 1 maybe 2 gay experiences in their lives - and it was minimal. Kissing and maybe she took a finger or he got a few dick strokes. While drunk.

Hell, by that measure, I'm a full on bisexual because I slept with a couple of women when I was younger. But I am not. Having a couple of sexual experiments doesn't make you bisexual - but it seems like a lot of people want to count it nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2019 10:17 PM

blue hair is fine for girls...

but on this older woman it is not edgy or cool....just pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2019 12:38 AM

They are homelysexuals.

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2019 12:54 AM

"Five or six years ago it was taboo to talk about being a bisexual within the context of marriage" Fuck Off!

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2019 1:59 AM

R8 That is one disturbed lesbian. She's not particularly convincing either certainly not when she opens her mouth, her mannerisms and her voice give her away.

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2019 2:09 AM

I can only imagine how insufferable these two are in their daily lives. They probably live in Brooklyn, will only eat locally sourced food from the urban farm they volunteer at, love Mumford and Sons and brew their own beer.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2019 2:25 AM

I really don't care, do u?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2019 2:27 AM

To be fair, we are all cliches. They are just really on top of multiple cliches, coming from all directions.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2019 2:32 AM

Could only be better if they were referring to it as a handfasting instead of a wedding.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2019 3:25 AM

Hilarious, R31. Talk about missing the point.

I've never seen so many men threatened by women who don't give a fuck about them. And men who claim the same about women, no less!

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2019 2:53 PM

I wished these people were attractive. I certainly don't care how unattractive people live.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2019 3:17 PM

WTF. If you are in a straight marriage, then the gay/bisexual stuff is over...unless you have an open marriage.

These two nuts have a regular, ordinary, everyday-type, non-special, conventional relationship...but they want to stand out. It's like eating a steak dinner while waving a vegan flag.

And I just knew the woman was going to have blue hair.

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2019 3:23 PM

Bisexuals are the worst. They truly are the main reason there is evil in this world.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2019 3:42 PM

Raindrops on roses

And whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

Blue hair on obese "queer" women married to men

Waving their spoons for the fibromyalgia yen

Disability and recognition as "special" are a few of their favorite things

When disability is denied

And they are told they are in a heteronormative marriage....

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2019 2:33 AM

Reminds me if Nico Tortorella and his lesbian wife.

Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2019 2:44 AM

"Reminds me if Nico Tortorella and his 'lesbian' wife."

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2019 3:17 AM

Bisexuals belong in the LGBTQIA2S++ community! Since when has being QuEeR been about being gay or having same-sex attraction/relationships, Bigot?!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2019 4:01 PM

I love the fact that they say they 'might' reject monogamy after marriage to make themselves sound more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2019 4:09 PM

I hate {r8} for exposing me to that monstrosity in that link.

by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2019 4:13 PM

[R49] They have some ego thinking anyone would want either of them.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2019 4:33 PM

Blue hair - well, I suppose it could have been purple.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2019 5:53 PM

I don't want to be mean. Good for them that they've found each other.

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2019 5:55 PM

[quote]Good for them that they've found each other.

Yes, but why do they or the NYT think we should care?

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2019 5:58 PM

It felt mean to say that I didn't care because they were unattractive, but then I read the 50+ posts upthread.

That said, "Good for them that they've found each other" is a very mean thing to say, or at least that's what I was taught.

I don't read the NYT anymore and am surprised anybody still does.

The video at R8 was insufferable. I watched maybe a minute.

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2019 6:05 PM

Every single couple I have ever met who are in an open marriage, to the person, the woman is heavy and the mans is a creepy, skeezy weirdo.

Every single one. No exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2019 6:20 PM

The truly attractive people don't pull this shit. And no, I don't mean Instahoes - I mean truly attractive, interesting people.

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2019 6:43 PM

There was a quote about the 19th century historian Thomas Carlyle and his wife Jane that went something like: It was a great thing that they married, so that two would be miserable instead of four.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2019 6:55 PM

Yep, exactly R58.

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2019 6:59 PM

Congratulations to the happy couple!

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2019 6:59 PM

A year ago I had a co-worker who was a troll and needed to let everybody know he was getting married. I felt so sorry for that poor woman (she needed a visa) the only reply I could muster was: Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2019 7:00 PM

Who cares? They’re ugly.

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2019 7:01 PM

Who cares? They’re ugly.

by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2019 7:01 PM

Beggars can’t be choosers, but they’d like us to think they are.

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2019 7:03 PM

Why does anyone feel the need to “assert their identity” and scream “I’m queer” to the world. You are what you are and no need to have to announce it loudly. These people are attention whores who think they are so edgy. Most people don’t give a shit about other people’s sex lives.

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2019 7:08 PM

Well, we don't give a shit about ugly people's sex lives.

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2019 7:11 PM

God I love DL.

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2019 7:30 PM

[quote]Why does anyone feel the need to “assert their identity” and scream “I’m queer” to the world. You are what you are and no need to have to announce it loudly. These people are attention whores who think they are so edgy. Most people don’t give a shit about other people’s sex lives.

They said the same thing about us when we wanted a Gay Pride Parade.

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2019 8:49 PM

Just another ugly straight couple.

by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2019 9:02 PM

I’ve always believed that bisexuals should be in relationships with other bisexuals, so for that they should be applauded — at least for the time being they won’t be playing mind-fuck games with gay men or women.

But to make the one day when you honour your love and commitment to another person —to make THAT day the day to remind everyone that you also like to fuck other people is pretty fucking gross. Hopefully only other bisexuals. How could anyone even be friends with people like this?

Oh, and if you have your own flag, you should be removed from the sexual minorities sandwich. It’s only fair.

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2019 9:30 PM

R58 said it best.

by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2019 9:39 PM

The blue hair is so predictable.

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2019 10:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!