Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

****Live**** Pete Buttigieg delivers a key note speech at Young Democrats Convention in Indiana ***Official Viewing Party***

I am told its going to be a brand and groundbreaking speech.

Watch it in the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2019 10:26 AM

brand new*

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 10:46 PM

Sorry here is the right link.

He is expected to give the speech at 7 pm EST which is 10 more minutes from now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 10:49 PM

[quote]I am told

Chasten, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 10:51 PM

Tune in now. He is speaking

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2019 11:27 PM

R2. It is 7pm eastern fucking daylight saving time EDT, not EST. We are (mostly) not on standard time in the middle of July. Why is this so difficult for you people to absorb?! I've lectured you about this shit a dozen times. Just use ET you stupid fucking twats. It pisses me off because it proves what a vacuous lot you are, pretending to have understanding of time zones as related to GMT. Just stfu, please.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 11:28 PM

Beware, r5 is triggered.

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 11:34 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that he will boldy state that he is in favor of every Democratic proposal. He will also mention more than once that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 11:42 PM

Thank you, r5, for pointing out that people who use the S in the abbreviation during DST are nitwits.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 11:45 PM

Couple of quotes:

[quote]The New Deal era ended with Reagan... The Reagan Era ends with us.

[quote]We have to name and reject the knd of racism and demagoguery that tells a US citizen to go back where she came from when everybody knows damn well where she came from is Minnesota - that's her home.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 11:57 PM

R5 has stated her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 11:59 PM

Apparently, he was greeted with a chant of "Black Lives Matter," and he said, "Black Lives Matter. Thank you. We're on the same team."

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2019 12:00 AM

R11 didn't see that but great reply. Thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2019 12:01 AM

R10, indeed. I have had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2019 12:03 AM

But there is a Murder She Wrote repeat on...

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2019 12:11 AM

Actually, r5's rage is either manufactured or based on total ignorance. The State of Indiana has a relationship to time zones that is unique among all the contiguous lower 48. Stop the screaming, r5, it actually is really confusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2019 3:24 AM

^^^ I used a qualifier, specifically "mostly", in a futile attempt to assuage the aspies and other annoying assholes who know exactly what I meant but choose to be bothersome cunts.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2019 3:43 AM

r15, neither r5 nor r2 specified that they were referring to the local time at the event, so the time in Indiana isn't relevant. Nevertheless, the event was at Indianapolis, which is on EDT, same as NYC, until the resumption of standard time. There's no confusion.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 3:46 AM

LOL, this thread isn't going at all as you expected, is it OP?

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 4:37 AM

Why would the man choose politics as a career? He's not an extrovert.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2019 5:17 AM

[R19]: Maybe he sees something wrong that he wants to make right, and decided to go about doing it.

He puts all of us here to shame.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2019 6:28 AM

r19 That's some of the weirdest shit I've ever heard. You know Merkel is not an extrovert either, and she's been a chancellor for what, 15 years now, all the while keeping the European project alive all this time on top of that? Politics should be about grinding in silence most of the time. Keep reality stars with oversized personalities on reality shows. Hopefully, this weird mentality will end with Trump once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2019 10:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!