Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Group's "Send Her Back" Rally

I get goosebumps watching the clips, particularly the snarling faces of many in the crowd. Reminds me exactly of old newsreels I've seen of the crowds at Hitler's rallies.

One can only wonder when other concentration camps will be up and operational--you know, for Muslims, Jews, LGB's, atheists, Hindus and other "enemies" of the state.

This country is devolving so quickly it's hard to keep up with it.

by Anonymousreply 88July 29, 2019 12:20 AM

If only we had been warned.

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 9:55 PM

Should be "Trump's" not Groups. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 9:55 PM

on the other hand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 10:07 PM

"What about...?"

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2019 10:18 PM

One causes the other.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote] particularly the snarling faces of many in the crowd.

Yes, and so many of them blonde women. I've gotten to the point of becoming wary of every Caucasian woman I see with long blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 10:28 PM

Frightened str8 white “Christians” are going to be the death of this country.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 11:04 PM

We need Kamala and the Squad to point us in the right direction.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 11:13 PM

Interesting that you put Kamala and the Squad together. Why would that be?

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 11:15 PM

These people just want to make their country great again, etc., etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 11:40 PM

[quote]Reminds me exactly of old newsreels I've seen of the crowds at Hitler's rallies.

I'm interested in what the Antifa Blackshirts remind you of. Hint: same era.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2019 12:02 AM

[quote] I'm interested in what the Antifa Blackshirts remind you of.

The people who fought back against the Nazis is who they remind me of.

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2019 12:03 AM

Sorry. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2019 12:05 AM

Nope, I'm sticking to my answer.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Antifa always wear masks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2019 12:07 AM

Oh, no. Not masks.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2019 12:08 AM

I'd give you a box of Rice-A-Roni as a consolation prize if I could, to say thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 12:10 AM

Well, that retort is almost as good as a reasoned argument. Thanks, r17!

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 12:12 AM

Antifa scares me more than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote] Antifa scares me more than Trump.

Then you are an idiot. One is an enormous threat to American democracy. The other is a minor movement with very little if any power fighting for American democracy.

What exactly about Antifa scares you?

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2019 12:15 AM

Could be their fascist activities and tactics. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2019 12:19 AM

Compare and contrast Antifa's "fascist activities and tactics" to Trump's. How many people has Antifa put in cages? How many babies has Antifa taken from their parents and then "lost"? What exactly are these fascist activities and tactics? Have they demanded absolutely loyalty to a flag? Have they told anyone to get out of their country?

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2019 12:22 AM

They violently attack people in public in order to terrorize, as fascists do.

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2019 12:25 AM

[quote] They violently attack people in public in order to terrorize, as fascists do.

Innocent people just minding their own business? How many? Give me statistics. Is it more or less than the number of immigrant children Trump has "lost"? Is it more or less than the people Trump is keeping in cages?

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2019 12:28 AM

We are not men we are devo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2019 12:30 AM

Antifa is a threat to free speech. I bet you'd love to sic Antifa on the Trump supporters, wouldn't you, r20? Under the guise of defending democracy, of course.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2019 12:35 AM

Anti-fascist groups are not fascist.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2019 12:35 AM

I've seen Antifa in action.

They attacked people handing out leaflets at an election on a Saturday morning at the school gates. They pushed two people on to the footpath and made a quick getaway in a waiting car. The two people had blood tricking their face.

WE heard later that they attacked at an another electoral booth.

And yes, the Antifa mob wore masks.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2019 12:35 AM

Yeah, they tried to say Heather Heyer was 'antifa' and attacking that car that broke her in two when the deplorable driving it.

The only threat to 'free speech' is Dump and company. Antifa attacks hate speech. Get it right, troll.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2019 12:37 AM

[quote] Antifa is a threat to free speech.

They are defending free speech.

[quote] I bet you'd love to sic Antifa on the Trump supporters, wouldn't you, [R20]? Under the guise of defending democracy, of course.

If you have to put words in my mouth, then you have lost the argument.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2019 12:38 AM

“Antifa” is a fake group. If they wear masks it’s so they won’t be identified as alt-rightists.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2019 12:39 AM

Doublethink at r27.

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2019 12:39 AM

I just don’t believe a tiff are a significant force.

Yes, R31, sounds Right to me.

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2019 12:40 AM

Hate speech is still free speech.

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2019 12:41 AM

Boris at r32.

by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2019 12:41 AM

r30 you say that Antifa is "defending free speech"?!

by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2019 12:42 AM

[quote] Hate speech is still free speech.

No, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2019 12:44 AM

In America, we have the right to speak what you may call hate speech. It is a constitutional right and as such, is protected.

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2019 12:48 AM

[quote] In America, we have the right to speak what you may call hate speech. It is a constitutional right and as such, is protected.

Free speech is not unlimited. A threat is not protected speech. An incitement to lawless action is not protected speech.

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2019 12:53 AM

Hate speech is a crime, R38, and if you use it to harm others, you are held accountable under the law.

Furthermore, you cannot never be truly free when you indulge in the limitations that hatred imposes. You become enslaved to fear and hatred, your psychic chains as strong as any iron. No growth, no evolution towards the promise of our Constitution which states 'all men are created equal.'

by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2019 12:54 AM

*you cannot EVER*

Pardon, DL.

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2019 12:56 AM

R40, do your legal research.

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2019 1:01 AM

I participated in busing riots where I used hate speech a long time ago. I later saw a picture of my face - contorted into an ugly mask of rage and hate - and became so ashamed of myself I wanted to commit suicide. I vowed to change, and have - becoming a Buddhist and realizing that we all suffer. We are all human. When you understand this at the deepest levels of your being, you have no desire to bring harm to any living thing....especially a human being.

We can move forward, but only if we acknowledge our failings. I decided to end the madness within me, first and foremost. That's where it begins.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2019 1:02 AM

Hate speech in the United States is not regulated. The U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that hate speech is legally protected free speech under the First Amendment. The most recent Supreme Court case on the issue was in 2017, when the justices unanimously reaffirmed that there is effectively no "hate speech" exception to the free speech rights protected by the First Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 44July 19, 2019 1:03 AM

So what have we learned from this thread?

Trump's rallies where he demonizes a minority and whips his followers into shouts of loyalty to him and threats to others are NOTHING like Nazi rallies.

The much bigger threat to our life and liberty is Antifa which someone said they saw attack two people handing out leaflets.

So we should all praise our dear leader for showing us that if you don't like something you should just gather a mob and chase someone out of the country by exercising your free speech, which according to our legal expert, has no limit.

Thanks, Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 45July 19, 2019 1:07 AM

Calling people a name is protected. Threatening them with harm, or violence is not free speech. It is a category not protected under the 1st Amendment.

Again with the 'it's not illegal' so we can do it excuse. It's not illegal because it's immoral and our ancestors couldn't conceive of a day when people like Dump would repeatedly cross the line of decency and incite violence against representatives of the US.

The legal expert here wants you to believe that all hate speech is protected. It is not.

by Anonymousreply 46July 19, 2019 1:10 AM

Agree R46, I find it chilling when people think the only issue is the maximum amount someone can get away with without actually being prosecuted. When I read these opinions it's obvious that questions of morality and decency just aren't a consideration for them.

by Anonymousreply 47July 19, 2019 1:52 AM

R9 Kamala and the Squad are sort of similar, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 48July 19, 2019 2:33 AM

They're both sort of "not white." That's about it.

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2019 2:38 AM

Anti-antifa = fascist. Q.E.D.

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2019 3:20 AM

It was hypnotic. The whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2019 3:31 AM

This thread was started by a troll who just want to sow further division. The op is not even American.

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2019 3:46 AM

Hate speech is protected, is hate fucking?

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2019 4:12 AM

Trump spews hate: RACIST!

Omar, Tlaib, et al spew hate: Uhhhh, well, gee. Let's unpack this before we jump to conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2019 4:18 AM

So you agree that Trump is spewing hate.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2019 5:17 AM

Everyone is a hater, r55, in someone else's eyes. If I don't like a current fashion trend/musical style/hair do/ etc...I'm called a hater. I'm sure even you are considered a hater in some corner of America. "Hater" is such a juvenile pejorative.

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2019 3:11 PM

Whereas 'Racist' isn't.

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2019 3:44 PM

[quote]Omar, Tlaib, et al spew hate

Simple answer: no, they don't. You're simply spewing propaganda that you've read somewhere. That tends to not work so well here.

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2019 3:50 PM

Fact: good people do not like racists. Some of us even hate them and call them 'motherfuckers' and 'daughter rapers'

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2019 3:56 PM

If you defend Antifa, you lose the moral high ground.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2019 4:16 PM

Antics is anon-entity. Insignificant.

It’s a Right wing invention. That tells you a lot right there. They had to create this ridiculous organization to offset the obvious Fascism of their own organizations. Then, some ragtag individuals on the Left got inspired and created a cel to get some attention. They are insignificant. Their membership is just a rounding error of the Fascist membership that is Trump’s Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2019 4:31 PM

Secondly...

Trump and his fellow Fascists hate people for who they are: immigrants; asylum seekers; Blacks; Browns; Muslims; Jews, etc.

The Left, If they hate anyone at all, it’s because of what they do, say, and stand for. Such as separating their children from there parents because they have the NERVE to try to give them a better life. Or putting children in cages. Or for that piss poor hurricane response for Puerto Rico. Or for the religious discrimination that is he Muslim ban. Or for the violence that Trump preaches. Or so much else.

The Left and Right are not equivalent.

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2019 4:37 PM

Like some fascist knows anything about a moral high ground, R60. I defend anyone fighting fascism. I do not condone violence. They tried to portray the situation in Charlottesville as "Antifa" (their new trigger word) vs. Trump supporters when it was peaceful protestors being attacked by rioting deplorables. One of those protestors lies in a grave, a vibrant young woman cut down in her prime, her killer now in jail for life.

This isn't word games.

Use of the word 'antifa' tells me you condone and assist with lies and propaganda. Your judgment is moot.

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2019 8:57 PM

We’ve seen Trump’s rallies before - right in New York city.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2019 9:35 PM

R63 You say you 'defend anyone fighting fascism'.

But do you actually fight fascism?

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2019 11:55 PM

"Antifa" doesn't even sound like an organically American word. I wonder if its origin is a Russian construct. Last night I listened to part 1 of the podcast "The Report" and wow, the level of Russian interference across the internet is sickening. A once proud nation is now set to digging in the dirt for a tiny part of its privileged populace. Trolling really is a return to serfdom.

by Anonymousreply 66July 21, 2019 5:43 AM

For R66

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 21, 2019 6:12 AM

Antifa = The Brotherhood (from Orwell's 1984).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 21, 2019 9:09 AM

What is all this "Oh my god Antifa is the end of the world!" paranoid propaganda bullshit? Fuck off and die you brainwashed, empty-headed pussy.

What is Antifa now, like 200 guys? On a good day, maybe 200 guys? Jesus fucking christ. What is wrong with you people?

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THEY'RE GOING TO TAKE OVER 'MURICA! All two fucking hundred of them. Go away, eat shit and die before your mother comes back and beats you to a pulp again.

by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2019 9:27 AM

R69 You say Antifa is like 200 guys.

Australian Antifa has 150 Antifa in Sydney and another 150 Antifa in Melbourne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2019 9:32 AM

[quote]Although there is no organizational connection, the lineage of antifa in America can be traced to Weimar Germany,[27] where the first group described as "antifa" was Antifaschistische Aktion, formed in 1932 with the involvement of the Communist Party of Germany.[quote]

Thanks for the link R67.

by Anonymousreply 71July 21, 2019 12:38 PM

[quote]I wonder if its origin is a Russian construct.

Actual, literal fearmongering over Commies in our midst. Amazing.

Its origin is German and it's a simple shortening of the word "anti-fascist," or "Antifaschistische" in German.

Russia has interfered in numerous elections, and we just learned yesterday that the Russian FSB had a huge program to de-anonymize Tor users and people on social media, but to say that means people against fascism are simply Russian dupes is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 72July 21, 2019 12:46 PM

Antifa is the right’s new boogeyman. Of course the right itself are reality’s new Nazis, which is why they want to paint antifa as the real fascists, which is ludicrous and Orwellian.

Antifa are anti-racist, anti-homophobia and anti-transphobia. They’re our first line of defense against violent neo Nazis, Identity Europa, Proud Boys et al. They’re the good guys. Unless you’re a Nazi/fellow traveler, in which case you can go fuck off (and get punched).

by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2019 12:46 PM

[quote]What is Antifa now, like 200 guys? On a good day, maybe 200 guys? Jesus fucking christ. What is wrong with you people?

It's not "you people." It's a few trolls desperate to change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2019 1:31 PM

It's their attempt to criminalize anyone opposing them, labeling them as terrorists, as Cruz is attempting to do.

We're in it up to our neck with fascists, like Kavanaugh, Cruz, Ryan, McConnell, McCarthy, Dump, et al. They're the anti-American assholes, not the people opposing them.

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Meanwhile, it the far right violence in this country that is rising daily. No one talks about the asshole in the Trump van who shot people up. Or the mass shootings by militia types.....which are the majority of those incidents. What about the asshole shooter in Vegas?

Those incidents are swept under the rug. We have to stop this.

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]Terrorist: a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims

Antifa are terrorists by definition. It's an indisputable fact, deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2019 8:23 PM

They are the invention of the far right and do not exist. Heather Heyer was not 'dealing with it' when one of you motherfuckers ran her over for peacefully protesting - her American right to do so.

The trouble is, R77, that you can't deal with facts. It's a made up bunch of bullshit. Start declaring these mass shootings acts of domestic terror perpetrated by fascist, racist terrorists or shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2019 9:38 PM

If antifa exists, then parade the little assholes that were supposedly causing trouble that day, R78, in masks. They were arrested. Identify them and tell us all about them. Tell us about the people who were rounded up without masks. Tells us about the marchers with tiki torches in Charlottesville the night before, the ones chanting in front of a peace rally - the ones wearing swastika armbands. Tell us about that incident.

You can't, you fucking lying traitorous coward. Go back and crawl under the rock in the swamp you live under.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2019 9:43 PM

Actually, R72, the German origins of the word "Antifa" prove that it's not anything a U.S. group would call itself. People in the U.S. are famously oblivious to European history, and, to the degree that we know anything, identify Germany with fascism itself. Antifa in the U.S. is a fabrication.

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2019 11:15 PM

I see the Boris Brigades have wandered back in.

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2019 2:02 AM

The next step after banning “antifa” will be to outlaw the Democratic Party. The fascists want a one party state, and for Trump to be president for (what’s left of his) life.

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2019 2:26 PM

The person claiming antifa doesn't exist is as bad as the ones claiming they are the real fascists. Antifa exists. I literally know people who are antifa. They have a long documented history on both sides of the Atlantic, and they are, indeed, simply people who opposed fascism and see traditional safeguards like law enforcement to be too corrupt or ineffective to stop it. They are only "foreign" and "European" in the same sense that our dominant languages or religions are "foreign" and "European" because they did not originate on American soil. Fascism did not originate here, so it's obvious why anti-Fascism similarly would not originate here.

There's a very obvious xenophobia to these efforts to discredit antifa as foreign and European, and it smacks of anti-Semitism, too. Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2019 2:39 PM

R83, anti-Semitism, really? Where are you getting that?

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2019 11:21 PM

The Nazis attacked their Antifa as "Jews who hate Germany" in the same way the Orange Dumpster Fire attacks American Antifa, R84. Anti-Semitism is not the main feature, it's just another vile undercurrent in the on-going national nightmare of racist coward Dump pretending to be POTUS.

I'm proud (and somewhat relieved) to find that we have at least something resembling Antifa in America. God knows we need them now.

by Anonymousreply 85July 29, 2019 12:08 AM

The right has painted Antifa as a terrorist movement. They are no more terrorist than the tea party movement.

by Anonymousreply 86July 29, 2019 12:12 AM

R85

Tell us more about your pride in Antifa.

Do you wear a mask?

How much action have you seen?

by Anonymousreply 88July 29, 2019 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!