Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kathy Griffin - 'Andy Cohen Treated Me Like a Dog'

“Andy Cohen treated me like a dog. He was, like, one of the worst bosses I ever had,” Kathy told People when asked about him. “And also, you know, the guy…he decides the entire slate at Bravo, and yet he gave himself a talk show [Watch What Happens Live] that magically gets renewed every year! So you know, I had a talk show at Bravo for two years that got canceled. And I thought yea..it’s sort of competition for Andy.”

Kathy concluded her statement with, “He has not been very kind.”

by Anonymousreply 139August 26, 2019 11:34 PM

[quote]Andy Cohen

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 9:33 PM

Die in a grease fire Andy

and

Kathy, you are a broken record

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 9:40 PM

Kathy Griffin herself has treated the gay community as "property" her entire career. "My gays!...", we're not you're property, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 9:46 PM

R3 here, I meant "your".

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2019 9:48 PM

Andy Cohen is rivaling Ellen as the "Queen of Mean."

They're both horrid people.

Cohen is a total fake, so it's no wonder he's friends with Kelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper. Birds of a feather...

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 9:49 PM

Andy Cohan

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 9:53 PM

Would be interesting if Kathy Griffin would provide specific details about Andy Cohen (aside from "he offered me coke"). "Treated me like a dog" is not specific. She's good at story-telling. Their relationship is in a shambles, scorched earth. Why hold back now?

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 9:56 PM

Kathy is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 10:12 PM

So much for comedy. God she's dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 10:24 PM

Never bought Andy's 'nice' act.

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 10:24 PM

Lol I watched Andy on WW and she asked him "where were you when you found out you were getting a star on the walk of fame?" Cohen said - I had no idea...BAHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHWAH..

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2019 10:34 PM

LOL!

So, since Griffin has been shunned by all of Hollywood and therefore no longer has a source for her "comedic" material I guess going on a non-stop pity-party tour is her new act.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2019 10:44 PM

r12 trust me she has about 20 years worth of shit. All the people who fucked her over? Now she is free to spill their shit.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2019 3:38 AM

Anything would be better than talking about reality shows that half the audience hasn’t seen.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2019 3:51 AM

R13 Saying they are nasty is not spilling anything, we need specifics

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2019 3:55 AM

Most of this thread is the coked up cunt Andy sucking after relevance.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2019 4:27 AM

Cohen treats everyone who isn't a hot twink or a wealthy white person like a dog.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 9:20 AM

I love Kathy's sense of humour.

I completely understand why she has no fucks left to give. I just hope she can still tour and get work regardless. I'd love to see her on TV regularly.

Imagine how fantastic she'd be on The View, as a regular. It would be epic everyday!

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 12:22 PM

r17 you forgot a list famous - r15 She saves it for her act. Voice mails, stories etc. She truly has zero fucks left to give.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2019 12:23 PM

[quote] So much for comedy. God she's dreadful.

Several years ago. I saw this woman -- Kathy Griffin -- walk on the stage of the Pantages Theater in Hollywood with just a bottle of water. She held the sold out audience rapt, doubled-over and howling with laughter, for more than 2 hours without taking a break. I never second guess a person who can do that. It was extraordinary and I was not really a fan, I was just awed by what she was able to do.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2019 12:28 PM

I starting really liking Kathy when she would tell the hysterical stories on her specials like Brooke Shield's wedding, Hollywood Squares with Anna Nicole Smith, Destiny's Child and Whitney Houston at various award shows. So funny. Then she shifted to recapping reality shows and not so funny. She needs to get back to calling out the famous on their bullshit but in a funny way not as the perennial victim she's making herself into.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2019 12:30 PM

I like Kathy and I love Cohen, don't understand why she keeps bringing up the same old shit about him or Cooper, not boding well for her.

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2019 12:57 PM

Cohen is a vile creature, let Kathy destroy it.

R22 you “love” Cohen? You are obviously a frau, or a self-loathing gay.

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2019 1:00 PM

R22=a coke addled Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2019 1:35 PM

Neither 23, you haters are the disgusting ones, you hate him because he's successful, no other reason.

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2019 1:38 PM

Andy Cohen is irritating. Full stop. There are plenty of reasons not to like him.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2019 1:42 PM

Kathy, you in danger, girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2019 1:51 PM

[quote] I may be a man, but I act like a teenage girl.

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2019 1:55 PM

r28 "I may look like a male, but I have a pussy and a rainbow brite doll" - Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2019 1:59 PM

Kathy Griffin Speaks On Her Documentary, "Kathy Griffin: Hell of a Story"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2019 5:20 AM

The bitch is so ungrateful, would she even have much of a career with out that reality show Cohen gave her. I could care less about her holding that severed chump head but you have to have no common sense to not realize that you're about to get a shit load of blowback from deplorables and people who find it untasteful but the bitch has no common sense. Yet it is everyone else who wronged her and that is the reason her career went down the drain according to her. I don't blame Anderson for ending their relationship, who would want someone like her who is so selfish and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2019 5:36 AM

Telling people Andy is a piece of shit is nothing new or shocking.

The question is, their real personalities weren't a secret when she was friends with Cohen and Cooper. They didn't magically just change. So she was fine with their behavior until they shunned her, right?

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2019 5:41 AM

Dear Kathy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2019 5:50 AM

This woman is only tolerated because she's a woman. Her pity party has been coming strong for years. Any man with this amount of self-pity would be ridiculed on the left as well as on the right.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2019 5:59 AM

Oh my God, Kathy... you keep befriending extremely bitchy, materialistic, shallow gay men, and then they don't come through for you as true-blue friends when times are tough?! HOW SHOCKING!! Who would have guessed?

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2019 6:09 AM

Kathy herself is bitchy, mean, and materialistic. If the situations were reversed, she would have kicked her beleaguered hypothetical friend the same as people did to her.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2019 6:11 AM

Kathy had issues with Cohen even when they were still working together. I remember seeing her once on WWHL and she was clearly irritated by him.

So Cohen pretended he didn't know about his star on the walk of fame? You have to pay for those and apply for it. It isn't really an award.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2019 6:36 AM

Kathy has always been a whiny cunt.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2019 8:04 AM

And deplatform Kathy in 3 . 2 . 1 .

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2019 8:10 AM

She's right.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2019 8:44 AM

Cooper was always a coward and Cohen was always a cunt.

Moving on to someone important, did Cher dump her?

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2019 9:12 AM

[quote] The bitch is so ungrateful, would she even have much of a career with out that reality show Cohen gave her. I could care less about her holding that severed chump head but you have to have no common sense to not realize that you're about to get a shit load of blowback from deplorables and people who find it untasteful but the bitch has no common sense. Yet it is everyone else who wronged her and that is the reason her career went down the drain according to her. I don't blame Anderson for ending their relationship, who would want someone like her who is so selfish and ignorant.

Griffin was successful enough to buy a mansion in the Hollywood Hills, prior to the Bravo reality show. Therefore yes she her success would have continued without the reality show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2019 9:57 AM

She is awful He's awful.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2019 11:56 AM

How should a bitch be treated, Kathy? Like a dog?

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2019 12:26 PM

r41 kind of, she dumped Cher, after the Trump thing very few of her "friends" contacted her or stood up for her. Cher included.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2019 3:22 PM

R25=a coke addled Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2019 5:25 PM

I don't understand why she is so boycotted....I mean there is a lot of people in entertainment who dislike Trump. Most actually. Why can't she get hired?

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2019 4:43 AM

At the risk of seeming clueless, why is Andy a piece of shit?

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2019 4:49 AM

Andy may be a piece of shit but Kathy Griffin was an older more experienced woman. If she couldn't handle him, then she's not competent to be an icon.

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2019 5:17 AM

[quote] Andy may be a piece of shit but Kathy Griffin was an older more experienced woman. If she couldn't handle him, then she's not competent to be an icon.

Competency to be an iconic what?

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2019 6:07 AM

I derive much schadenfreude from watching Kathy's collapse.

by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2019 8:23 AM

Does Kathy Griffin have friends?

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2019 8:25 AM

Yes r52. Rosie, Cher, Jane Fonda, Jim Carrey, Lily Tomlin...

by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2019 5:18 AM

How many DL accounts did Andy Cohen make to shit on Kathy Griffin? How many unpaid interns get 'valuable work experience' by trolling this thread?

by Anonymousreply 54July 23, 2019 11:07 AM

They can't answer that 48, they just love to hate him for no reason. He's successful, unlike them, he has celebrity friends, and they don't, he has money and they don't.

by Anonymousreply 55July 23, 2019 11:30 AM

Coke addled Cunt Andy is posting all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 56July 23, 2019 12:28 PM

The only one on coke is you 56

by Anonymousreply 57July 23, 2019 1:40 PM

If you want the short version of why Andy Cohen is a shit. So Kathy had done about 2000 specials for Bravo, as well as her My lIfe on the D List which was doing well. She wanted to do a talk show on Bravo at the same time Cohen gave himself the WWHL live job. He also set it up so his show was tied to the Real Housewives of Atlanta the highest show on bravo (on Nielsen they made the RHOAa1.5 hour show) So his ratings were tied directly to RHOA. Kathy was put on a Friday night and got decent ratings but as Kathy puts it "one of the people who decided to not renew my show had a competing show in the same time slot." that was being boosted by the popularity of the RH. Kathy says Andy was desperate to be her.

by Anonymousreply 58July 23, 2019 1:44 PM

Another day, another attack on a successful gay person from this lunatic. Has she given up the pretense that she's a gay ally yet?

by Anonymousreply 59July 23, 2019 1:47 PM

[quote]All the people who fucked her over? Now she is free to spill their shit.

Oh please. She fucked herself over. It amazes me how so many people here love to accuse others (practically the entire planet) of having BPD yet turn around and defend Kathy who is the very epitome of BPD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 23, 2019 1:53 PM

R56=Coke addled Cunt Andy

[quote]The only one on coke is you 56

Ooh, such rapier wit!

by Anonymousreply 61July 23, 2019 2:01 PM

R57=coke addled Cunt Andy

by Anonymousreply 62July 23, 2019 2:03 PM

R58, Cohen had nothing to do with that, he doesn't schedule programming and R61 and 62, you're tired, very tired and we're tired of you

by Anonymousreply 63July 23, 2019 3:22 PM

I'm in Kathy Griffin's camp. She's a comedienne. What she did with the bloody idiot's head was nothing compared to the vile material right-wingers said and posted about Barack and Michelle Obama during their tenure. I understand why CNN had to fire her, because of the potential backlash from the unhinged deplorables. What Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper did to her is inexcusable. They were her friends. They should have stood by her.

I do not like Andy Cohen. His "reality" shows perpetuate misogyny. His own schtick borders on the gay equivalent of the minstrel. He's a little suck-up. In short, he's a turd.

I like Anderson Cooper. It was a mistake that he did not stick by his friend, Kathy Griffin. All he had to say was "I do not agree with what Kathy did, but she is my friend." That was a mistake. Cooper should have followed the example of Jodie Foster, when she was confronted by the actions of her friend Mel Gibson.

I hope Kathy Griffin milks those betrayals for all they are worth.

by Anonymousreply 64July 23, 2019 3:38 PM

Kathy, still the little redhead snitch we all knew in school that kept a list of things to tell the teacher. She seriously needs to go away and get some major therapy.

by Anonymousreply 65July 23, 2019 3:44 PM

Coke addled Cunt Andy is posting all over this thread.

I’m looking at YOU, R63 and R65.

by Anonymousreply 66July 23, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote]What she did with the bloody idiot's head was nothing compared to the vile material right-wingers said and posted about Barack and Michelle Obama during their tenure.

Link please to examples of all this "vile material" that right wing celebrities said and posted about the Obamas that makes holding up a mock severed head of the president of the United States ISIS style and posting it on social media for likes pale in comparison. We'll wait.

In the meantime, Kathy knew exactly what she was doing when she posed for that photo. She admits it in the video.

And CNN didn't fire her ass because of an imaginary boycott from conservatives. Conservatives don't watch CNN anyway. They're watching Fox News. CNN got rid of her (and rightly so) because she makes the left look completely unhinged.

Likewise ALL her celebrity friends (does she have any friends left?) ditched her because they didn't want to be associated with her patented brand of crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 23, 2019 4:06 PM

Take your pick, Bubbles:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 23, 2019 4:22 PM

Or this one, Bubbles:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 23, 2019 4:23 PM

How about this, Bubbles:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 23, 2019 4:24 PM

And which right wing celebrities posted those, dear?

by Anonymousreply 71July 23, 2019 4:27 PM

Go read my post again, Bubbles. I wrote "right-wingers." Nothing more. "Celebrities" appears nowhere in my post.

by Anonymousreply 72July 23, 2019 4:38 PM

R72 I prefer to compare oranges to oranges. Not oranges to wheelbarrows.

Kathy is a celebrity with 2.1 million followers on Twitter alone and thus anything she posts gets wider circulation than Joe Average who might have 100 followers.

Hence I asked which right wing celebrities have ever posed for and posted something surpassing (as you claimed) holding the mock severed head of the president of the United States.

Joe Average posting a photo of Obama in Muslim garb is nothing just as all those people who post photos of Trump as Hitler.

Now if James Woods had posed for a photo like Kathy but held mock severed heads of Obama and Michelle (one in each hand) and posted it to social media for likes then you'd actually have something to compare this to.

But he didn't. And you don't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 23, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote]What she did with the bloody idiot's head was nothing compared to the vile material right-wingers said and posted about Barack and Michelle Obama during their tenure.

Implying Obama is gay (as in the first photo you posed) is worse than holding the mock severed head of the president of the United States ISIS style? Really? You'd rather have your head chopped off than be called gay? If that's the case, get the fuck off this gay message board you homophobic piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 74July 23, 2019 5:30 PM

Hey guys, wanna hear a joke? FUCK TRUMP! Lololol

by Anonymousreply 75July 23, 2019 6:36 PM

I saw one of her tweets yesterday where she's shaming some random lawyer in San Antonio for daring to reply to one of her ranting tweets with "Trump2020" and posted a photo of him and his Asian wife so her followers could all mock the "mail order bride". Keeping it classy as always, Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 76July 23, 2019 6:42 PM

Team Kathy all the way! Andy Cohen is a hack

by Anonymousreply 77July 23, 2019 7:03 PM

The deadly, racist, and sexist policies pursued by the current presidential administration are more repulsive than anything a comedienne could do.

by Anonymousreply 78July 23, 2019 7:17 PM

Team neither.

by Anonymousreply 79July 23, 2019 7:33 PM

"The deadly, racist, and sexist policies pursued by the current presidential administration are more repulsive than anything a comedienne could do."

Hardly. How the fuck do you get through a day if you're so miserable?

by Anonymousreply 80July 23, 2019 8:09 PM

When all is said and done, Andy Cohen will go down in history as a misogynistic vile shitbag who profited off of the misery of others. He has caused families to be broken up through divorce and infidelity. There’s no measure of the damage he has caused to those “housewives” innocent children. May he rot in hell. Kathy, on the other hand, will recover from the Trump incident, especially when the world accepts Trump as the worst President in US history.

by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2019 8:13 PM

[quote]He has caused families to be broken up through divorce and infidelity.

Don't forget suicide!

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2019 8:20 PM

Oh please, those Housewives love every minute of their fame -- and get to do something that 99% of the world's aspiring actors never do: star in their own network TV show. Cohen will be praised for working his way up and making a once lost station popular.

Trump will never be the worst as long as Bush is in the mix and that will be forever. Trump isn't even in the Top 10 worse for many of us. Malcontents, flail away. These are awesome times.

by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2019 8:21 PM

miss andy is rancid. He shouldn't be a father, not that I think he's raising the child anyway.

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote]The deadly, racist, and sexist policies pursued by the current presidential administration are more repulsive than anything a comedienne could do.

So you couldn't come up with a single right wing celebrity who ever said or did anything even remotely as vile about Obama as holding a mock severed head ISIS style much less anything far worse as you originally claimed.

I knew you couldn't and wouldn't.

Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2019 9:15 PM

Andy was all over a friend of mine on a now cancelled Decorating show. He totally harassed my friend. The friend had a very wealthy boyfriend who was a lot closer to the heads of NBC Universal, Bravo's owner than Andy ever was and Andy was warned to back off. The friend left the show anyway right before it was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2019 9:46 PM

Notice she didn't any specifics of how he treated her like a dog and how he was one of the worst bosses she's ever had?

by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2019 9:55 PM

R85, does Scott Baio ring a bell?

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2019 11:57 PM

Criticizing a president or (gasp) speaking at a GOP convention is hardly on the same par as what Kathy did and you know it. Quit while you're (way) behind, BonniePrinceCharlie.

by Anonymousreply 89July 24, 2019 1:43 AM

And remember what she did was just as offensive to anyone who'd lived with the loss of a loved one in some hideous way, even if there aren't hundreds of Daniel Pearl widows out there. It's kind of nice to see Empathy still exists even if we haven't lived through it ourselves. What Kathy did was disgusting across the board and she still doesn't get it. Never will.

by Anonymousreply 90July 24, 2019 1:52 AM

R90 she does get it and stated so publicly. She did not deserve to be put under federal investigation for conspiracy to assassinate the president. The reaction was way over the top.

by Anonymousreply 91July 24, 2019 1:57 AM

Bullshit. She loves to remind us that she "took back that apology". Keep up.

by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2019 2:45 PM

HE BROKE ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 93July 24, 2019 3:05 PM

This will be the last time I address you, R89, because you are engaging in an ad hominem attack on me at R74. Scott Baio did more than you claim. He likened then President Obama to a terrorist. He also suggested that he was a "Muslim," (which he is not). Baio's attack implied that being Muslim is incompatible with being American. Nowhere in my posts did I say that I agreed with Kathy Griffin's use of a fake bloodied head. All I said was that I believe Andy Cohen and Anderson Copper should have stuck by her. I also said that whatever Kathy Griffin did, the words, actions, and policies of the racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile now in the White House far outweighs her admittedly poor attempt at humor. Those are infinitely more nauseating.

In addition, all one has to do is peruse the internet to find vile attacks from any number of persons on the Obamas.

by Anonymousreply 94July 24, 2019 3:12 PM

I'll take Kathy over a shallow mean gay that adopts a baby solely for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 95July 24, 2019 4:29 PM

R95? I like the way you shade!

by Anonymousreply 96July 24, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote]He likened then President Obama to a terrorist. He also suggested that he was a "Muslim," (which he is not).

So? Just about every celebrity in Hollywood (and the media all over the world) has called Trump (and Bush for that matter) a terrorist and Hitler. That's still nowhere near as extreme as what Kathy did. Stop making excuses for the silly cunt. She went too far and you know it. Just like she knows it. Anyone who did what she did against ANY president would have gotten a visit from the Secret Service and deservedly so. She didn't get treated any differently. She's not special. But apparently she and you both think she should be able to say and do whatever the fuck she wants and not be held accountable. That's not how the world works, sweetie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 24, 2019 4:38 PM

R97 You are really going to defend Trump and Bush on a gay message board? Really? Trump deserves to be compared to Hitler. Check the concentration camps at the border! Blocking your ass

by Anonymousreply 98July 24, 2019 4:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 24, 2019 5:11 PM

You took a wrong turn Boris/R97 go back to GOPrick central.

by Anonymousreply 100July 24, 2019 7:06 PM

"I'll take Kathy over a shallow mean gay that adopts a baby solely for publicity."

Again, WHY are you on this board? Homophobic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 101July 24, 2019 7:27 PM

r99 is truly a repulsive troll.

by Anonymousreply 102July 24, 2019 9:07 PM

r73 you mean like Trump pushing the Birther movement during Obama's entire presidency?

by Anonymousreply 103July 25, 2019 2:47 AM

Andy Cohen may be a successful gay but he is not well-liked. I know people at both Bravo and Sirius who could tell you stories that would make his on-air bitch fit about the umbrella look tame.

by Anonymousreply 104July 25, 2019 2:49 AM

R104 Spill the tea hunty

by Anonymousreply 105July 25, 2019 3:43 AM

Here’s the link about the coke addled douche and his precious umbrella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 25, 2019 4:03 AM

What did Kathy say about Anderson last week that is supposed to be so awful?

by Anonymousreply 107July 25, 2019 4:11 AM

She said in an interview that "in some ways" she knew Anderson's recently deceased mother better than he did.

by Anonymousreply 108July 25, 2019 6:06 AM

Kathy earned her fame. Andy handed himself his.

by Anonymousreply 109July 25, 2019 10:06 AM

What's Kathy's exact net worth today? I suppose I could check her Twitter feed for the hourly update!

by Anonymousreply 110July 25, 2019 12:33 PM

New money trash.

by Anonymousreply 111July 25, 2019 12:34 PM

r105 I have several times. He was so hated at Bravo they ousted him as an executive. Scott Dunlop created the RHOC and brought it to Bravo as a documentary. The production company decided to make it into a series for Bravo and sold it as such (this is why Vicki claims to be the OG, Scott was Vicki's neighbor). Bravo gave it a shot. The first season was successful without Cohen's involvement (he claims he was there from the beginning). The first reunion was shot in Vicki's back yard with no host. Cut to season two. They have better drama, better ratings and for the reunion, they decided to do an in-studio special called a Watch What Happens event (that was the bravo tag line at the time Watch What Happens). To save money, Cohen volunteered himself to host. This was beginning of him inserting himself into the franchise. After season 2 of OC they started casting Atlanta. As big as OC was Atlanta was off the hook. It was a ratings winner. Cohen continued to host the WWH reunion specials and with the success of Atlanta pitched a half-hour recap after-show called Watch What Happens Live. He would recap the show, have on the housewives to talk about the issues, etc. The first episode was with Danielle Staub right after the first season of Jersey. All of the housewives came on, they all bonded with Andy. The show took off, Celebs were fans of the RH and wanted to come on the show. Andy was in hog fucking heaven. The unknowing celebs knew Andy was an exec at Bravo and closely tied to the Housewives franchise and they just assumed he created it or a lot to do with it. Andy NEVER corrected them. This transitioned into the press, whenever Andy was mentioned he was called the man behind the housewives. Nothing could be further from the truth. This started to piss off the execs at Bravo who actually did all the work and Dunlop who actually did create the franchise. Cohen started to get his hand slapped. His Twitter handle was BravoAndy, he was told to remove Bravo because he was not an official voice of the network and posted personal things. Cohen resented that and threw a fit at work. He gave people the silent treatment for weeks. The top brass was pissed off even more. Here is a 50-year-old man acting like a child. It was decided he would be removed as an exec at Bravo. He was given the opportunity to frame it any way he wanted. He chooses the stepping down to start his own production company. Behind the scenes he mad a huge fucking deal. He threatened to sue, said he would tank the entire franchise if he didn't get his way - his way included being named an executive producer on ALL housewive franchises, retaining his WWHL show hosting duties and retaining an office at Bravo. The deal was he was supposed to eventually exit his hosting of WWHL (there was supposed to be a show about other people "learning" to host WWHL - sort of a find a replacement show), Cohen agreed on paper but was never going to do it. He will let go of WWHL when he dies.

by Anonymousreply 112July 25, 2019 2:00 PM

R112,

How did he get away with that? What was bravo scared of?

by Anonymousreply 113July 25, 2019 2:42 PM

r113 - Bravo knows Cohen was tied to Bravo. Cohen is a messy fucking queen. He threatened to get the housewives to not re-sign, he would bad mouth Bravo and possibly tank their ratings. He was an executive behaving like a star. Bravo accepted he was talent there was value there but he needed to be removed from the back end. He was more controllable if he was just another bravolebrity. As much as they hated to admit it, they had created the monster they now needed to deal with. Giving him most of his way was the easiest way to get him out.

by Anonymousreply 114July 25, 2019 2:50 PM

Thank you, R112/R114, for your detailed and excellent “insider’s response” about the inner workings of Bravo and Andy!

I watch Housewives, Andy, Bravo, etc. and never knew *any* of this!

Great dish; I loved reading it!

by Anonymousreply 115July 25, 2019 10:21 PM

What puzzles me is how these Housewife shows have maintained their popularity for almost a decade now! That is extraordinary. Why haven't they been eclipsed by newer forms of reality trash?

by Anonymousreply 116July 25, 2019 10:37 PM

They are pretty genius once they get their audience -- gays and women, mostly, who enjoy the high drama -- because they can keep going forever, get rid of the decent boring folk and bring in more nuts, while keeping some continuity with old cast members. It's a gift that can go on forever and even include their kids later (see the spin-off shows). And they cost virtually nothing.

by Anonymousreply 117July 25, 2019 11:08 PM

They have really, Love and Hip Hop and Love and Hip Hop Atlanta are the highest rated cable reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 118July 25, 2019 11:18 PM

Thank you R112 sincerely for the dirt but always remember, paragraphs are our friend and apparently a more loyal friend than Andy.

by Anonymousreply 119July 25, 2019 11:26 PM

Oh, shit

Bubbles is Sausages aka Angry Young Brit who was run off the Facebook page for posting pro Trump shit.

by Anonymousreply 120July 25, 2019 11:32 PM

R120 please elaborate! I want the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 121July 25, 2019 11:34 PM

Here is a perfect example - Cohen telling us that Vanderpump lounge in vegas will not be a show and he suggests he helped create Vanderpump rules. Cohen has no say on what does or does not become a show at Bravo now, remember he is no longer an executive. He was when VPR was created but he had nothing to do with it, Evolution Media and Alex Baskin did. The filming in Lisa's Villa Blanca and Lisa opening a new restaurant along with Schena's relationship with Brandi (she slept with Eddie Cibrian) Evolution Media there was a show in these young people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 26, 2019 12:26 AM

Again when talking about Vicki - "we are always looking to freshen up every show...." Cohen has zero say on who is and is not a housewife....zero, yet here he is acting like he is the Quinten Tarrintino of Reality-TV. This is why the Bravo execs hate him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 26, 2019 12:30 AM

R16 For awhile there was a very soapy element, there still is really, but think about how soap fans have held on for DECADES and through some asinine SL's (Eterna anyone?). Ultimately these shows are all circling the drain because of too much producer interference. They're dying slowly but Bravo's milking every franchise for what its worth.

I had liked Beverly Hills until LVP fan club became rabid. I also really liked NY up until the return of Frankel. I cannot STAND how she and Andy (formerly Carole) behave, both separately and together (goes for Carole too when she was Frankels lackey). Insufferable lot of self important, coked up twats.

by Anonymousreply 124July 26, 2019 4:31 AM

Funny how some of you are now admitting Cohen has nothing to do with casting or the housewives after blaming him for all of them in all your hate statements. Love him, hate him, whatever, he's successful.

by Anonymousreply 125July 26, 2019 9:12 AM

r125 No one denies he is successful, it's how he got there and how he acts once he became successful. Having a security detail stand around your table at an empty restaurant in Miami because you are too famous to be bothered?? That is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 126July 26, 2019 12:55 PM

i can’t believe he’s never gotten that wonky eye fixed

by Anonymousreply 127July 26, 2019 12:58 PM

She thinks she needs security guards? Is that for real?

by Anonymousreply 128July 26, 2019 1:08 PM

r128 Yup. I believe it was in Miami during Art Basel. In a nearly empty restaurant, he asks for a secluded table and has a security detail with him - who stand around his table while he ate. I think someone in the restaurant asked who that was and the waiter told them and the person said: "why do they need a security detail?" lol.

by Anonymousreply 129July 27, 2019 12:35 AM

His shows are shit. He is shit. The clip in her movie shows his true cuntiness. Ick!

by Anonymousreply 130August 26, 2019 7:22 PM

What clip, r130?

by Anonymousreply 131August 26, 2019 7:26 PM

Andy Cohen just doesn't seem very interesting. I mean, he does those awful housewives shows and that talk show I haven't seen in years (I presume it's still on) but he doesn't seem to know much about anything outside of what's in People magazine or the tabloids.

Is he well read? Does he collect or even appreciate art? Can he cook? Play an instrument well? What is his education? Politics?

He's a complete blank as far as I was ever able to tell.

by Anonymousreply 132August 26, 2019 7:43 PM

R131 In her new documentary/comedy special. “A Hell of a Story”

by Anonymousreply 133August 26, 2019 7:47 PM

R130/132 are you going to tell us what happens in the clip or just be vague?

by Anonymousreply 134August 26, 2019 7:53 PM

I think if Andy Cohen was nicer, I think he'd be a gay icon for sure. Most of us get his cultural references and his show is fun. Too bad he is such a fucking snob. I think I would hate him in person.

by Anonymousreply 135August 26, 2019 8:55 PM

Meanwhile, he's got his own show, working constantly and I'm getting flooded with her emails offering free tickets to her show...so who's the loser?

by Anonymousreply 136August 26, 2019 8:56 PM

She can’t be a gay icon and fuck with my Kathy! Nope!

by Anonymousreply 137August 26, 2019 8:56 PM

You are r136. You are

by Anonymousreply 138August 26, 2019 8:57 PM

you're next 138

by Anonymousreply 139August 26, 2019 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!