Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dataloungers - is this the holy grail of old threads? The *Original* Golden Girls Inconsistencies Thread?!

Can it be? I've heard so much about it's legendary status and how it was lost to the ages in some foul mass deletion many moons ago.

Say it's true?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 27, 2019 1:13 AM

It has over 700 posts!

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 10:21 PM

Is it too late to WW some of these gems? e.g.,

This thread is like the gay version of a Star Trek Convention.

—Anonymous

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 10:40 PM

People in the thread are so nice to each other.

People also seem more innocent and not so jaded.

What the fuck happened here in the last 12 years???

I've been here for 4 years and it's always been mean and vicious, but 2007 seems delightful.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote]but 2007 seems delightful.

It was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2019 3:05 AM

Some of these were amazing, inconsistencies I'd never have thought of!

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2019 5:03 AM

Let's add more!

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2019 2:53 PM

That's a huge thread!

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2019 9:05 AM

Lovely

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 3:11 PM

Here is a link to Frasier & The Golden Girls blueprints (among others) that some people gave their opinions on =

The Frasier one seems correct to me.

The GG blueprint is wrong as they can't even exit the laundry room (which is indeed back there but never mentioned = which leads to the confusion that the garage is behind the house =check the stock house photo it's in the front right side of the house).

The GGs always say they are going to the garage & then walk into the laundry. What the show NEVER mentions is that they go out the back door of the laundry (which is about 3 feet from Rose's bedroom wall), down & around to the side entrance of the garage (shown in either the raising mink episode or the "turn the garage into a bedroom" episode). In one of the garage episodes, you can clearly see the door that leads into the kitchen but TPTB would never allow the girls sitting at the kitchen table to walk towards the camera view. The garage door to the kitchen is NEVER used because they have "so much stuff in it" as TGG say when they have the lanai sale (& Dorothy takes back her son's hockey stick). I think the "turn the garage into a bedroom' episode has a row of small windows above the left side of the garage so the GG blueprint below didn't get that right either. Dorothy is correctly seen coming out of the laundry with a laundry basket once but unless viewers recall that single scene, most will wrongly assume the girls do their laundry in the garage. LOL!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2019 5:34 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2019 6:20 PM

But what does this have to do with Trump???

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2019 6:21 PM

R11 Nothing.

It's that good.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2019 9:45 PM

Some good shit on that thread

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2019 3:29 PM

Bumping for Christmas

by Anonymousreply 14December 26, 2019 7:57 PM

I must be a truly rare individual: an eldergay who really doesn't have much of any interest whatsoever in The Golden Girls.

(Designing Women was better done, IMHO)

by Anonymousreply 15December 26, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]That's a huge thread!

It's just Internet inches.

by Anonymousreply 16December 26, 2019 8:15 PM

Not really, OP. I've posted the link to it before. The "holy grail" would be to see the Star Jones wedding thread in all its glory once more.

by Anonymousreply 17December 26, 2019 8:18 PM

R17 = Big Gay Al

by Anonymousreply 18December 26, 2019 8:26 PM

Damn straight, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19December 26, 2019 8:37 PM

This is a wonderful find, OP, and thank you for sharing.

I think I'd most like to see again: "Dialing the phone with a pencil," "Lets pretend we're Sumerian farmwives growing chickpeas in 3500 BC!!!," and "World Trade Center" (with "I hear the World Trade Center is an insatiable bottom" at r3).

by Anonymousreply 20December 26, 2019 9:02 PM

R20 just for you: Dialling a phone with a pencil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 26, 2019 10:54 PM

Works Trade Centre as it happened:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 26, 2019 10:58 PM

Yeah, I know, r22, thanks but just not the same.

by Anonymousreply 23December 27, 2019 1:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!