Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best Stories, Voices or Accents to Persuade Customer Service to Help You

I need a free flight change. How do I solicit sympathy or respect to get my favored outcome? I’m thinking a British accent or Downs and a story about seeing my teddy bear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 10:09 PM

I have no advice, but I think your idea is fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 6:02 PM

I once got myself out of a newspaper subscription by telling them I had a degenerative eye disorder.

I'm not proud of this.

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 6:05 PM

When in doubt, sob.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 6:13 PM

1. Acknowledge what you're asking. Don't demand it.

2. A person will more likely be persuaded if you bring empathy to the table. Try to create affinity.

3. Seek their help and guidance. If they say not to what you ask, ask them what they would suggest. Ask them for alternatives, like their advice and opinion matters.

4. Don't threaten them or ask to speak to a manager. They ALWAYS brief their "supervisor" or team lead before they come on the line. There is a strategy to make this work, but it's more complicated.

5. Also, depending on what the change you actually need is, you may be able to switch flights to a cheaper flight whose lower price would cover the cost of the flight change. If all else fails, see if the agent can find such a flight.

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2019 7:02 PM

Learn Hindi.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 8:50 PM

Try this OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 9:30 PM

Present hole

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 9:39 PM

Old person voice. Really old. But don't act demented. There's a fine line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 9:58 PM

Before presenting a request, I always confirm that I am not wasting my time with a minor functionary.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!