Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kathy Griffin Said She Hasn’t Reached Out To Anderson Cooper Since His Mom, Gloria Vanderbilt, Died

Griffin revealed she hasn’t reached out to her former friend since the death of his mother last month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2019 7:31 PM

Who fucking cares?

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 10:38 AM

I wonder if Kathy is still all about “my gays” since the ugly fallings out with Cooper and Cohen. Didn’t she also have an ugly ending with Dennis Hensley and Tony whats-his-name? Track record with the gays not great so far...

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 11:40 AM

Way to talk about yourself on every occasion, Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 11:46 AM

They obviously weren't real friends so why fake it? SJP got racked over the coals by Kim Cattral for reaching out, via social media, when her brother passed. Somethings are best left alone.

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2019 11:56 AM

Aren't they besties? Even after a falling out ex besties should be there for each other.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 3:20 PM

Who the hell would want to be friends with Kathy Griffin?

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 3:23 PM

Phew!

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 4:55 PM

_I_ reached out, my bright star god, Anderson!!! Remember I did!!?! We're going to have so much fun hosting this year! Right Anderson?? Right???!!!

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 5:20 PM

Don't we all know someone like Kathy? You know, that socially awkward, edgy girl back in high school who would say an do shocking things for attention. (If she were growing up today, Kathy would be tatted, dyed, pierced and claiming she's binary.) In Kathy's case, she made a career of the shock schtick. But unlike someone like Joan Rivers, KG has no filter off stage. Claiming she knew Gloria better than Anderson is just a sad attempt to hurt AC and keep her name in the news another day.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 6:24 PM

Did she at least send a card?

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 8:58 PM

I sent a card, r10! Me, Andy Cohen!

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2019 9:04 PM

He fuckin' dumped her like a cowardly shit over the Trump bloody head gag. Spineless albino.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2019 9:24 PM

Good for her taking the high ground. I agree that he was fucked up for what he did.

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2019 9:43 PM

When did bitch transition to Carrot-Top?

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2019 10:15 PM

I swear Griffin is publicly begging all of her ex-friends to be her friends again.

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2019 10:37 PM

Can somebody please explain something to me?

Griffin said that "ninety percent" of her friends dumped her after the Trump photo scandal, if you want to call that a scandal. I am willing to bet that this "ninety percent" also pretty much hated Trump soooo...why did they all stop speaking to her as a result of the photo thing?

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2019 10:41 PM

Kathy should tone down her bright red hair. I like her, but the hair looks very Bozo the clown and unnatural. A softer shade of red or reddish auburn would do her a world of good particularly with her skin tone.

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2019 10:49 PM

She really needs to rethink that hair.

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2019 10:53 PM

Kathy can be overbearing with her opinions, but when you think about all of the "friends" who stand by assholes like Woody Allen, Donald Trump, and Michael Jackson, it does seem crazy that so few celebrities offered her any support, even privately.

To me, she was the most consistently funny comedian in the 2000s and one of our most vocal supporters. She can count me in when she calls for "my gays".

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2019 11:25 PM

I love Kathy and I love how she's back doing tours and stuff, but my issue is that she comes off as fake for still holding a grudge about this fake drama. They were never friends-friends. Both knew they could benefit from each other businesswise, like the NY New Year gig, and that's that. Anderson dumped her after some stupid much ado about nothing controversy, because he feared it would fuck with his own image, and Kathy used it to create a new narrative of being blacklisted, betrayed and abonded for now but will do her best to come back with vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2019 11:47 PM

Sorry, ... of being blacklisted, betrayed and abandoned for now ...

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2019 11:48 PM

And Susan Dey??

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2019 11:50 PM

She looks like Lucille Ball's homely sister.

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2019 12:12 AM

Makes sense. Of course you’re sad for them but why would you reach out to somebody you’ve ended your friendship with?

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2019 12:13 AM

Too true R24

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2019 12:15 AM

Kathy is borderline. She wasn’t close friends with Joan Rivers but in her mind Joan thought of her as a daughter. Kathy has personality issues.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote] Kathy can be overbearing with her opinions, but when you think about all of the "friends" who stand by assholes like Woody Allen, Donald Trump, and Michael Jackson, it does seem crazy that so few celebrities offered her any support, even privately.

Uh, you expect people to support the cunt who trashed them?

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2019 12:36 AM

If she doesn't feel comfortable contacting him, fine (I would, if it were me). But shut the fuck up about it, you attention-seeking clod of pond scum!

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2019 1:05 AM

Muffin basket, R10.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2019 1:41 AM

Bianca Del Rio looks like less of a clown than old Kathy nowadays.

It's not just Kathy's wig, it's her clown make-up, being way too thin (anorexic or bulimic?) and her obvious untreated mental illness, only crawling out of her hole periodically to rant and rave then turn around and cry that nobody she attacked will be her friend anymore kind of like how she cries about not having gigs one minute - because Trump "broke" her - then turns around and brags about her massive house and how great her tour is doing.

Make up your mind, you schizophrenic bitch! When absolutely everyone in your life drops you like a rock it's time to look in the mirror and realize you're the problem rather than the entire population of the planet somehow being at fault.

What exactly did Kathy hope to achieve by going after Anderson via his recently deceased mother like this? What a shitty thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2019 2:17 AM

Bianca Del Rio is totally ripping off Kathy's facial and body language like her trademark deer in the headlights look.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2019 6:18 PM

Anderson is a total bore so Kathy is lucky she is rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2019 6:25 PM

No one is going to sympathize with her, talking about someone's recently-deceased mother.

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2019 6:52 PM

I'd rather be trapped in a room with a bore than a raging psycho, R32. And I say that as someone who doesn't even like Anderson.

She uses his recently deceased mother to attack him (one of the most vile things you can do) then turns around and acts surprised that he dropped her. And today she's going after Ellen DeGeneres again, surprised Ellen doesn't like her after she attacked her in her last book.

Nothing is ever Kathy's fault is it? It's everyone else with the problem. Right, Kathy?

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2019 7:07 PM

I nearly broke my keyboard trying to W/W r1's response a million times.

by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2019 7:14 PM

Kathy is such a cunt. Her schtick has been old and musty for years now.

by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2019 7:16 PM

It speaks volumes that she went after all the prominent gay entertainers first (Anderson, Cohen, Ellen). There are more straight people who won't have you in the same room with them, so why just single out the gay ones? As if they somehow owed her more because she branded herself "The Queen of the Gays".

Typical two faced white women entitlement bullshit. And some gays lap this shit up because these "Allies" throw some lip service every now and then to the community.

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2019 7:18 PM

Kathy looks great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2019 7:21 PM

I don't think he gives a damn whether she "reaches out" to him or not. I seriously doubt they were ever friends at all.

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2019 7:23 PM

Guaranteed he was looking for a reason to end his friendship with her for some time. She simply handed him the perfect excuse with that dumb photo.

by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2019 7:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2019 7:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!