Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shirley Temple Was Hardcore

On her TV Show "Shirley Temple's Storybook," when a stagehand said "shit" during a "Mother Goose" rehearsal, Temple had him fired, telling the stunned cast it was a children's show–although no children were present during the rehearsal, and that profanity has no place on a children's show

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2019 10:06 PM

Woman- child or hiding something else

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 4:49 AM

Oh, my stars and garters.

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 4:52 AM

She's been known to cut a bitch in dimly lit parking lots.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 5:11 AM

Then how did she explain the movie title ‘Wee Willie Winkie’?

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2019 7:03 AM

She was known as the Temple of Doom.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 7:04 AM

I highly doubt she had that sort of authority, for real, but I can imagine she never saw that stagehands face again! Lol. She was a force to be reckoned with. Wicked dancer! But my all-time favorite is Gene Kelly! The man was an acrobat!

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 7:23 AM

Willie’s Winkie was wee, r4.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 7:26 AM

There is no excuse for profanity regardless of who is present.

That particular four-letter word belongs in a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 7:40 AM

Call me Tidy Heidi

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 9:10 PM

OP, it was a very different time. Most people did not use profane language of any kind in the workplace or with family. It was considered low class and offensive.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2019 3:34 AM

She had a pretty slutty childhood, she shouldn't judge...

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2019 3:50 AM

Did she do anal?

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2019 3:53 AM

More like did she ever bother doing vaginal?

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2019 6:22 AM

I had to re-read that, I initially though it said "when a stage hand shit during a Mother Goose rehearsal"

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2019 6:25 AM

“There is no excuse for profanity regardless of who is present.”

Grandfather! Grandfather!

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2019 6:39 AM

She sure was one evil wicked little white bitch!

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2019 6:53 AM

She once ruined Buddy Ebsen's credit rating.

He knows why.

Oh, wait, that was me!

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 6:57 AM

Her first husband, John Agar, beat the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 7:15 AM

^ That four-letter word belongs in a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2019 7:25 AM

Good for her

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2019 11:47 PM

Shirley Temple doing anal is not a holiday image I needed

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote] I highly doubt she had that sort of authority, for real, but I can imagine she never saw that stagehands face again!

I don't doubt it because she was revered by the public, her films were credited with helping the country get through the Depression. No executive would risk the fallout of angering her, because if she went public, the public would totally have sided with her against an executive or stagehand.

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2019 12:16 AM

Animal droppings in my soup. . .

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2019 1:17 AM

[quote]Did she do anal?

Twice on Sunday!

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2019 1:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2019 1:54 AM

This scene with her tapdancing with Buddy Ebsen explains why she was such a star.

Her sugary voice was so annoying it makes you want to blow out your eardrums, but no one can deny she was a brilliant child dancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2019 1:56 AM

One of my favorite facts about her life: when she was nine years old in 1937, she appeared in Wee Willie Winkle, which Graham Greene reviewed for a British magazine he co-edited called Night and Day. He said she possessed "a dubious coquetry" which appealed to "middle-aged men and clergymen," and for that 20th-Century Fox successfully sued him for £3400, plus costs, on her behalf.

It was a horrible thing to do to him (since he was more or less just being honest); but it at least inspired him to go to Mexico during the trial to avoid publicity, and there he got the idea to write The Power and the Glory (his masterpiece). but even better, it prompted him and all his literary friends to write in their letters and diaries about him being sued by "that bitch Shirley Temple," which reads somewhat hilariously today.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2019 2:05 AM

Who did she think she was, Loretta Young?

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2019 2:31 AM

Do you think she ever did any of her routines for that country she was ambassador to like when they do those programs to spread American culture at the embassies?

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2019 2:53 AM

{quote]She was known as the Temple of Doom.

No, that was me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2019 3:00 AM

She was Ambassador to Czechoslovakia under Reagan and was pretty good at it. She had brains, give her that. Her son, regrettably, was a major tool for the Republicans. So many stories about him in DC. He's closely connected with Roger Stone and Paul Manafort: they owned a PR firm in DC together.

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2019 3:48 AM

I just read that she started smoking in her teens but kept it hidden so as not to set a bad example. So she can do bad things as long as the kiddies aren't around and that's okay, but not some poor crew member. Nobody's perfect, Shirley...

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2019 3:56 AM

She probably didn't openly smoke on the set of her children's show, r32.

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote] Most people did not use profane language of any kind in the workplace or with family.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. There are literally dozens of outtakes of scenes from 30s-40s films, and “shit” is said liberally by one and all. It was the favorite expletive when someone screwed up a take.

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2019 7:10 PM

Just imagine if she were our current ambassador to Ukraine!

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2019 7:17 PM

During her live performance of "Shirley Temple's Donkey Show," when a stagehand said "mierda" during a rehearsal, Temple had him fired, telling the stunned cast it was a donkey show–although no donkeys were present during the rehearsal, and that profanity has no place on a donkey show

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2019 9:01 PM

YOU SHOULDA HEARD WHAT SHE CALLED ME BACKSTAGE!!

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2019 9:21 PM

Meanwhile, Shirley continued to give blowjobs to one and all in her dressing room. She said of the offending crew member, “I’ll bet he misses THESE perks!”

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2019 10:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!