Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Motion to Impeach Trump Denied in House

Just happened, all Rethugs and about half of Democrats voted to table (debt) a motion to impeach Trump.

So much for that.

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2019 4:29 PM

Debt = deny. I fucking wish there was an edit function

by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2019 9:36 PM

It can be brought again, so no, not so much for that.

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2019 9:48 PM

Nancy tried to tell them not to do it..

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2019 9:50 PM

To impeach Trump was because of his racism. They can still try to impeach after Mueller testifies. I'm not holding any hope. Maybe we should concentrate on Trump losing by a landslide and then being criminally tried.

by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2019 9:52 PM

Just keep the condemnation coming and keep up with the hearings on his criminal activities. ALL of them. It will drip drip drip.

An Impeachment Inquiry will be opened that will run all of next year, drip drip drip.

The brutal, devastating ad campaigns will run all of next year, drip drip drip.

The Epstein tapes and records are coming, drip drip drip.

We're going to destroy him before all of this is done. Even after he leaves DC, we're going to keep coming after him. We're going to ruin his life and his family's lives. The only one with a pass is Barron.

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2019 9:59 PM

And Barron will probably turn out to be a serial killer

by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2019 10:00 PM

Fuck you Nancy Pelosi

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 7July 17, 2019 10:01 PM

Still, it makes an impact. And it makes the Democrats look as if they are doing everything in their power to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. And not just some partisan lynch mob.

by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2019 10:02 PM

Democrats desperately need to find their backbone.

Give Trump the benefit of the doubt? Why? He HASN'T EARNED IT.

Whathefuckever.

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2019 10:05 PM

It's emotionally satisfying to impeach him now but the Speaker knows that it is not the right time.

The right time is next year. Shut the fuck up and wait.

by Anonymousreply 10July 17, 2019 10:09 PM

Nancy Pepsi warned this would be a bust. I just can't believe it was all over in a day, the same day Mueller was set to testify. I guess he'll have to self impeach now.

by Anonymousreply 11July 17, 2019 10:11 PM

r10, you really think Nancy is going to try to impeach Trump during an election year?

LOL Jane you ignorant slut.

by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2019 10:14 PM

People need to learn some history and figure out the difference between an Impeachment Inquiry, that may or may not lead to an actual impeachment, and the Impeachment itself.

An Impeachment Inquiry that does not end will be extremely useful next year.

by Anonymousreply 13July 17, 2019 10:31 PM

History will judge us.

by Anonymousreply 14July 17, 2019 11:14 PM

They can try again.

by Anonymousreply 15July 17, 2019 11:21 PM

Just saw part of Trump's Nuremberg rally on CNN ( I didn't have a choice, the CNN anchor went to it), he has replaced the HIllary chant of "lock her up" with a new one:

He now has his deplorables screaming "send her back" about that one member of the squad who wasn't born here.

He couldn't be any more openly racist.

by Anonymousreply 16July 17, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote]And Barron will probably turn out to be a serial killer

As long as he starts with his family....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote]He now has his deplorables screaming "send her back"

Maybe they've turned on Melania

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2019 12:49 AM

r18, not likely, Melania's the right color afterall.

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2019 2:05 AM

Where is Barron? Has anyone actually seen him recently? Has he been "sent back"?

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2019 11:29 AM

^ Barron attends a private school in Maryland where he lives year round with his mother and maternal grandparents. They do not live in the White House. They visit the WH occasionally (or make an appearance) but live in MD year round.

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2019 2:27 PM

you forgot to mention, R21, that we accommodate them with our taxes in that lux' house in MD....the whole slutty Slovenian lot of them. First NYC and now MD....wtf? Amy Carter, the Obama girls, the BUSH girls, all lived in the WH. The people's house for their leader isn't good enough for the gilded gang of grifters.

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2019 2:31 PM

president trump is one of the best presidents we've ever had. obama was a treasonous abject failure.

by Anonymousreply 23July 18, 2019 2:41 PM

Capital letters are your friend,R 23. Unlike your other friends, they like to be used.

by Anonymousreply 24July 18, 2019 2:45 PM

R22 True about the taxes. But they live in MD because Trumps toxic behaviors and callous attitude (no paternal instinct at all) towards Barron was causing him anxiety and a host of other problems. It is very difficult to study and learn and absorb when trying to survive the abuse of a narcissist. Melania had to get Barron away from his toxic father using the excuse that the MD mansion is closer to his school than living in the WH. And the school is actually closer where they live.

FWIW, I know firsthand. My father was a narcissist. Just like Trump, minus the wealth. I can tell you it is brutal. The emotional pain and chronic anxiety these tyrants cause (and PTSD) is hard to imagine if you have not actually lived through this daily traumatic experience. They rob you of your childhood, and then some. It really is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2019 2:46 PM

Right, R25, like we're supposed to have sympathy for this? For the Trumps who can well afford to pay for that house themselves? They don't want our sympathy or support, but they're happy to be supported with our hard earned dollars.

MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT! We already supply a perfectly good house. If Melanie didn't want a fucking asshole as the father of her child, she should have taken a good look around at the ruination before she married him and got knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 26July 18, 2019 2:52 PM

So if the dp loses 2020 will Pelosi step down?

by Anonymousreply 27July 18, 2019 3:04 PM

R27, please go back to the books....questions like that reveal you.

by Anonymousreply 28July 18, 2019 3:06 PM

Okaaaay...

by Anonymousreply 29July 18, 2019 3:08 PM

R27....loses what? The House? The Senate? The Presidency? Please be more specific....then you can be answered.

by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2019 3:12 PM

R26 I agree. You asked and I was just explaining that they live there and why they live there.

These were Melania's reasons which I have myself lived through. It wasn't meant to garner sympathy and no one is expected to sympathize. Trumps' personal staff of butlers/personal body guards, golf trips, rallies, trips to everywhere, and other forms of 'living off the taxpayer's' fuckery are even more costly than the MD mansion.

Let's not forget that back in January Trump gave Ivanka $100 million dollars out of taxpayer funds to fund her bullshit 'Global Women's Empowerment' program and so far there is no accountability for the money. $100 million dollars!

She cannot account for how she spent any of the $100 million or how she plans to allocate it, except for the private jet, security personnel and personal staff for her South African trip a few months ago where she did nothing but arrange a photo shoot of herself in a crisp, white linen Safari outfit standing among groups of poor Black women who weren't sure why she was there.

Her father HATES black and brown people, especially women, yet he gave her $100 million of taxpayer funds to help minority women in third world countries (AKA shitholes, according to Trump) to start businesses and pull themselves out of poverty. It makes one wonder.

by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2019 3:49 PM

This motion to impeach was ill-advised. It was hastily done, with no preparation or forethought. It felt good, but this is not the way up go about this. The only thing it revealed is that there are now more Democrats willing to sign on than there had been for the last attempt.

I think tRump should be impeached and removed from office. I also think he belongs in jail for the rest of his miserable life. But, with only a third of the country in agreement about impeachment, Pelosi is correct to slow walk this and let the Nadler and Schiff inquiries play out over the next 12 months. With any luck we'll boot him out of office in November 2020.

by Anonymousreply 32July 18, 2019 4:04 PM

[quote] R23: president trump is one of the best presidents we've ever had. obama was a treasonous abject failure.

Well, Gee, I’m convinced by your well-reasoned explanation! /s

No, actually, that’s a slogan. If means literally nothing, and makes me think Deplorables are even stupider than I previously thought just 5 minutes ago.

by Anonymousreply 33July 18, 2019 4:15 PM

Peel him like an onion, layer after layer. Let him howl and threaten. Let him be mocked by his friends and foes alike. Discredit his nativism and corruption to the point where america never sees the likes of him again. Impeaching without removal merely feeds this beast.

by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2019 4:16 PM

My MAGA hat-wearing Deplorable nephew was once quoted at a Trump event in the local paper as saying:

“It’s funny that there’s so many protesters in such a small city,” he said. “No matter what, I will always be supportive of the president.” ... “From both sides, we’re getting some fake news,” he said.

What is actually funny, is that he lived in the next town over. So, I’m going to make some assumptions here, but my guess is that he thinks he is entitled to travel to the event and belongs there; but the “protesters”, who may have taken busses from the state capital 60 miles away, or from anywhere in a 60-mile radius, do not belong there. I would not be surprised if they were Union members or Black people. Or maybe that town just had a large number of people who are repulsed by Trump. But it’s the same idea as the racist crap directed at these four woman - that supporters of the President are true Americans, and protesters don’t belong there.

And the “no matter what” statement suggests that he has no knowledge of American history or current events. Finally, there is the false equivalence that “fake news” comes from both sides, implicitly in equal measure. What a stupid jackass.

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2019 4:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!