Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Face App Users: Boris is stealink all yore stuffs!

Suckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2019 10:09 PM

Okay...

The world will end anyway. So what they’re going to make videos of us saying the N-word and send it our employer?

by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2019 7:46 PM

Deepfakes will be ready just in time for the 2020 election, I'm sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2019 7:47 PM

R1, can't think outside of its own lil cubicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2019 7:47 PM

The Russians are really the worst people on earth.

by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2019 7:48 PM

What’s to come? A video of Pete and Beto raping a labradoodle puppy with Kamala presiding over the ceremony with a pentagram?

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2019 8:01 PM

Haha, do you really think only Russians are doing this?

by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2019 8:01 PM

R5, see also, 'Black Mirror' pig, prime minister.

by Anonymousreply 7July 17, 2019 8:03 PM

And China has all our and Vice President Pence’s cockshots via Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2019 8:06 PM

Oh hell, just did this today.

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2019 8:08 PM

Maybe we'll get some good celeb nude leaks now.

by Anonymousreply 10July 17, 2019 8:09 PM

Apparently there are/were lots of apps stealing photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 17, 2019 8:09 PM

I just did this, not five minutes ago. And then deleted it. I don’t have nudes and half the photos I have are screenshots from the shit I look up on the interwebz. Do I have to worry? No nudes.

by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2019 8:13 PM

I installed it, then used it to age up a picture of my grandmother when she was young to see whether it was accurate. It wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 13July 17, 2019 8:15 PM

More coverage. This is really taking off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 17, 2019 8:15 PM

The end is nigh

by Anonymousreply 15July 17, 2019 8:18 PM

Do they have everyones dick pics?

by Anonymousreply 16July 17, 2019 8:20 PM

[bold]DNC warns 2020 campaigns not to use FaceApp 'developed by Russians'[/bold]

[quote]The Democratic National Committee sent a security alert to 2020 presidential campaigns Wednesday afternoon warning them not to use the popular smartphone application FaceApp, CNN has learned. "This app allows users to perform different transformations on photos of people, such as aging the person in the picture. Unfortunately, this novelty is not without risk: FaceApp was developed by Russians," the alert from Bob Lord, the DNC's chief security officer, read.

[quote]Lord told campaigns that the DNC had "significant concerns about the app (as do other security experts) having access to your photos, or even simply uploading a selfie." "It's not clear at this point what the privacy risks are, but what is clear is that the benefits of avoiding the app outweigh the risks," Lord continued. Lord recommended "campaign staff and people in the Democratic ecosystem" should not use the app. If you or any of your staff have already used the app, we recommend that they delete the app immediately."

Well, shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote]The Democratic National Committee sent a security alert to 2020 presidential campaigns Wednesday afternoon warning them not to use the popular smartphone application

Security is only as good as the weakest link - and people are by far the weakest part of security.

All you need is one idiot with compromised security to access a any secured network - and poof.

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2019 12:34 AM

And anyone who thinks the creators of FaceApp would hesitate for even a moment to turn over all their valuable facial recognition data to their Leader is criminally deluded.

Anyway, who needs this! I *already* know what I’ll look like when I’m 54.

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2019 12:38 AM

That's actually a huge data source.

I wonder whether it's real value isn't in using it for the machine learning necessary to create realistic deep fakes.

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2019 12:43 AM

More of the thieving of the faces of Moose and Squirrel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2019 2:24 PM

More of the thieving of the faces of Moose and Squirrel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2019 2:24 PM

Duplicate posting bad of internets. Here eez corporate-sponsered lackey NPR even also of the warnings for old face-thieving app.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 18, 2019 2:58 PM

Is parodic or thing of real?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 18, 2019 9:06 PM

Is still headlines of making news!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2019 8:14 PM

Some tech site checked the data flow coming out of the phone and said their analysis indicated that only the selected photo was uploaded. No other photos from the phone’s library were uploaded. So I don’t think there is too much to worry about. Nevertheless, I deleted the app because of the scare.

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2019 8:30 PM

Thread title should be:

Narcissists And Others Who Believe That They Are The Centre Of The World, Your Precious Face Has Been Stolen From You Even If It's Mediocre Or Hideous! Watch Out For Selfie Apps!

But I realize that a title like that would be a bit too long.

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2019 8:45 PM

Deep fakes will be Trump’s defense and denial of compromising videos that leak.

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2019 8:50 PM

More likely the troll farm will semantic sequencing to create even more believable posts, ads and accounts for the next election that are indistinguishable from real FB/IG/Twitter account users.

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2019 9:43 PM

That's what people don't understand. All it takes is one photo and link to an account to dupe a fake one. Thus 1000s of pro-Trump fake accounts will like and share more Boris-made memes, posts, groups, threads, etc.

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2019 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!