Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Looks like AOC has some competition for her seat

New York businesswoman Scherie Murray is the latest Republican to announce their intentions to run against Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for her congressional seat in 2020.

Murray, who was born in Jamaica before moving to the U.S. when she was 9 years old, said Ocasio-Cortez was more "worried about being famous" than serving the people of New York. She has urged "It's time to rid NYC of AOC!" on her official campaign website.

Murray continued to attack Ocasio-Cortez as someone "fighting for the limelight" in a campaign launch video entitled "Bridges."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2019 5:38 AM

This Uncle Tom has no chance. But wait, 2020? Didn't AOC get elected just last year?

by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2019 7:35 PM

A Republican? Mkay, her seat is super blue, worry about a democratic primary challenger.

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2019 7:35 PM

good luck using identity politics vs that lady

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2019 7:39 PM

OH! Now, where did they find her! I wonder how much she's getting paid....

by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2019 7:39 PM

given their scarcity, black rethugs command a hefty premium

ask La Sentrice

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2019 7:48 PM

Please tell me that the fact you're not American is why you don't know that every single member of Congress is up for election every two years R1.

by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2019 7:51 PM

That always confuses the Russians, r6.

by Anonymousreply 7July 17, 2019 7:53 PM

Listen, every Congressional seat should be contested but this lady has no chance AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2019 7:57 PM

I live in AOC's district. She is EXTREMELY popular and isn't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2019 8:01 PM

From Jamaica, where machete-wielding street justice is the norm.

by Anonymousreply 10July 17, 2019 8:02 PM

AOC was elected last year, there's no way she'll lose her seat next year (not that this woman has a chance anyway)

by Anonymousreply 11July 17, 2019 8:07 PM

A Republican in Western Queens/Bronx. Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2019 8:08 PM

It was clear that r1 meant to confirm that AOC was first elected to office last year. Of course, if your first language is RETARD, that nuance might have escaped you.

by Anonymousreply 13July 17, 2019 8:09 PM

That's right, Svetlana! AOC is enormously popular in her district. She ain't going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 14July 17, 2019 8:10 PM

[QUOTE]That always confuses the Russians, R6.

Confusion about congressional term limits does not a Russian plant make. Most Americans don’t know a damn thing about how their government works or whose currently holding even the most major offices.

by Anonymousreply 15July 17, 2019 8:18 PM

I said this in the Kamala Harris thread: there’s a world of difference between American black people and those who are immigrants or second generation POC. A galaxy of difference.

I’m not sure American Blacks are going to go for her, just because she’s black-skinned. I’ll defer to r9 as far as AOC’s popularity on her home turf.

by Anonymousreply 16July 17, 2019 8:19 PM

[QUOTE]Most Americans don’t know a damn thing about how their government works or who’s* currently holding even the most major offices.

by Anonymousreply 17July 17, 2019 8:19 PM

[quote]Please tell me that the fact you're not American is why you don't know that every single member of Congress is up for election every two years [R1].

Every single member of the [italic]House of Representatives[/italic] is up for election every two years. Members of the Senate are also members of Congress are up for election every six years.

by Anonymousreply 18July 17, 2019 8:30 PM

Here's a hint, babe. Make sure you have all your pages in order before you give a speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 17, 2019 9:12 PM

[quote] Members of the Senate are also members of Congress are up for election every six years.

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 20July 17, 2019 9:21 PM

[quote] That's right, Svetlana! AOC is enormously popular in her district. She ain't going nowhere.

AOC is frequently doing the DNP a disservice by being a youngster full of overly Maximalist ideas and arguing with veterans like Pelosi. Ironically, the Svetlanas of this world probably prefer AOC to stay. Because such a hard-left politician may alienate the party's centrist voter segment.

by Anonymousreply 21July 17, 2019 9:31 PM

R10 = Donald Trump

She is an American. She emigrated to the U.S. from Jamaica. She bears no responsibility for the machete-wielding shenanigans in Jamaica -- the country or the train station.

by Anonymousreply 22July 17, 2019 9:35 PM

R22 = PC humor-free cuntlette who can't take a joke, and probably has a bit of Asperger's (explain it all away much?)

by Anonymousreply 23July 17, 2019 9:38 PM

I live in AOC's district, and she is HATED. People wanted that Amazon tax money (since they were just adding corporate jobs, not a warehouse, the average salary would have been >$100k!!!) and AOC bitched it away. Bad.

by Anonymousreply 24July 17, 2019 9:56 PM

There’s a chunk of AOC’s district in western Astoria that is Trump country. They’re mostly second or third generation Americans living in the same house that they grew up in, and their love for him stems from the combination of Trump being from Queens, and their hatred/fear of the Middle Easterners that are moving into the neighborhood. It’s definitely not a large enough area to throw the election, but if there are enough other pockets like that in AOC’s district (particularly in Queens) she could have a tough fight ahead.

During 2015-16, there were signs for Ben Carson, Trump, Cruz, and Rubio in people’s windows and “yards”. I type yards in quotes since the one Ben Carson sign was in the planter in front of their Virgin Mary on the Half Shell on their concrete front patio.

by Anonymousreply 25July 17, 2019 10:01 PM

AOC will be fine. She will send her love in her second term.

by Anonymousreply 26July 17, 2019 10:05 PM

Huffington Post says the New York Democratic Machine wants AOC out, regardless, indeed because of her popularity.

by Anonymousreply 27July 17, 2019 10:30 PM

I think AOC is safe, Ilhan Omar and and Rashida Tlaib are more at risk from a primary challenge.

by Anonymousreply 28July 17, 2019 11:43 PM

AOC is probably at risk from a democratic community organizer.

by Anonymousreply 29July 17, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote]Come again?—Posters on this thread must be from the Dakotas

Toots, the United States Congress is the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States, and consists of two chambers: the House of Representatives and the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2019 5:28 AM

Invisible OP = Cunt post.

by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2019 5:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!