Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miley Cyrus Opens Up About Her 'Modern' Marriage to Liam Hemsworth and When She Would Consider Having a Child

Miley Cyrus refuses to be put in boxes -- even when it comes to her marriage with Liam Hemsworth.

The 26-year-old singer covers Elle magazine's August 2019 issue, and opens up about where she currently stands both in her career and in her personal life. Cyrus talks about her "unique" relationship with Hemsworth, whom she married last December.

"I think it's very confusing to people that I'm married," Cyrus says. "But my relationship is unique. And I don't know that I would ever publicly allow people in there because it's so complex, and modern, and new that I don't think we're in a place where people would get it."

Cyrus says being married hasn't changed her sexual preferences. In a Vanity Fair interview in February, Cyrus described herself as "a queer person in a hetero relationship."

"I mean, do people really think that I'm at home in a f**king apron cooking dinner?" Cyrus now asks rhetorically. "I'm in a hetero relationship, but I still am very sexually attracted to women. People become vegetarian for health reasons, but bacon is still f**king good, and I know that. I made a partner decision. This is the person I feel has my back the most. I definitely don't fit into a stereotypical wife role. I don't even like that word."

Cyrus is still passionate as ever about issues that are particularly important to her -- women's rights, homelessness and protecting the environment -- and offers this tidbit of when she and 29-year-old Hemsworth may consider having a child together.

"We've been doing the same thing to the earth that we do to women. We just take and take and expect it to keep producing," she says. "And it's exhausted. It can't produce. We're getting handed a piece-of-sh** planet, and I refuse to hand that down to my child. Until I feel like my kid would live on an earth with fish in the water, I'm not bringing in another person to deal with that."

"We're expected to keep the planet populated," she also says about society's expectations of women. "And when that isn't a part of our plan or our purpose, there is so much judgment and anger that they try to make and change laws to force it upon you -- even if you become pregnant in a violent situation. If you don't want children, people feel sorry for you, like you're a cold, heartless b**ch who's not capable of love. Why are we trained that love means putting yourself second and those you love first? If you love yourself, then what? You come first."

Cyrus released an EP, She Is Coming, in May, which marked a return to her edgier side after 2017's more mellow Younger Now. The singer explains her upcoming record, She Is Miley Cyrus, and what it represents.

"My record is called She Is Miley Cyrus. 'She' does not represent a gender," she notes. "She is not just a woman. 'She' doesn't refer to a vagina. She is a force of nature. She is power. She can be anything you want to be, therefore, she is everything. She is the super she. She is the she-ro. She is the She-E-O."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2019 11:50 PM

"At this time of my life, I feel the most powerful I've ever felt," she adds. "I like the way being sexual makes me feel, but I'm never performing for men. They shouldn't compliment themselves to think that the decisions I'm making in my career would have anything to do with them getting pleasure. I don't think that because some guy thinks I'm hot he's going to buy my record. It doesn't help me. .... I think now I actually have the respect that I want. When I walk into a room, people may think, 'Okay, she gets her t**s out.' But they also think, 'But she's got a f**king sick voice,' and that's all I care about."

She's also come to terms with her past as a Disney star. Cyrus admits when she hit 18 she felt "ridiculous" playing Hannah Montana, but is now proud of her legacy.

"The minute I had sex, I was kind of like, I can't put the f**king wig on again," she recalls. "It got weird. It just felt like... I was grown up. ... [But] I feel like I'm just not ashamed of that anymore. It's pretty cool when you hear Cardi B was listening to Hannah Montana when she was in high school. That sh** makes me happy."

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2019 4:06 AM

Insufferable

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2019 4:11 AM

She’s a strange one. She is really butch in interviews. She’s more interesting than a lot of other pop singers that way and really doesn’t seem to give a shit. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2019 4:14 AM

She's an ugly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2019 4:14 AM

What a useful contribution, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2019 4:16 AM

She is more interesting than 90% of the other pop singers out there. Very brash. Interesting she's married to the younger Hemsworth, as he and his family don't seem to be the essence of "woke" as she seems to be.

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2019 4:17 AM

She seems tiresome

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2019 4:21 AM

"And I don't know that I would ever publicly allow people in there because it's so complex, and modern, and new that I don't think we're in a place where people would get it."

So unless she is having sex with a blender while Hemsworth is standing on the counter in a furry Koala suit while she blows him...maybe.

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2019 4:23 AM

She is too brave for this world. We don't deserve her.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2019 4:26 AM

I’d say I’m looking forward to the conscious uncoupling, but I probably wouldn’t get that either.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2019 4:30 AM

I’m sure he can find plenty of guys to blow him

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2019 4:31 AM

Liam is bi too.

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2019 4:32 AM

R5 Stupid ugly cunt who talks absolute bollocks?

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2019 4:34 AM

Great, she marries Liam Hemsworth and treats him like a side dish. Then why get married?

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2019 4:35 AM

They have threesomes and orgies most likely.

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2019 4:39 AM

This seems so much like a young woman trying too hard and pretending to be "bi" to be cool or edgy. However, she actually does seem kind of gay. Even when she was wearing too much make up and "sexy" clothes targeted towards men, her voice and mannerisms were very butch. If she really is bi, then it's kind of disrespectful to talk about how "hot" women are while she's married...unless she's bringing women back to the marital bed for threesomes.

For awhile she was always going out in public wearing next to nothing and letting her tongue hang out of her mouth. And posting naked pics of her using drugs. (What's the point of being a badass if no one sees it?) At least she's not doing that stuff anymore since she got married.

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2019 4:46 AM

I’m hungry.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2019 4:54 AM

There were leaked/hacked pics of her with a lesbian model in bed after sex...it was quite obvious what they had just done.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2019 4:56 AM

R17 Shut up Orphan, I have some short shorts to spread open.

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2019 4:57 AM

Like most people in their early twenties she's full of herself and frequently spouts utter nonsense. (Of which this is a great example.) Add to that that she's a rich celebrity who grew up in the public eye with no education who has never known any real hardship,. And yet she should be so much more tiresome than she is. I often find her fascinating. Underneath all the BS, I think there might be something substantial waiting to be cultivated.

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2019 5:18 AM

Another vapid, empty-headed, attention whore heard from.

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2019 5:27 AM

She obviously wants attention but she has a good heart. I like her a lot more than say Ariana Grande.

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2019 5:32 AM

She's played the field sexually and musically and she's not done. She loves drugs, a few dicks, drag queens, kink and pussy. She knows music and has an interesting voice. She has the fast vibrato of Dolly Parton but can wail out the blues like her other hero - Beth Hart. Miley cares about people, the planet and animals. She's loud and grating but the girl has a good heart. I'm a bit too old to love her, but I like Miley and think she's by far the most interesting performer of the famous chicks her age. Ariana is cool too - but not very adventurous musically. Miley can sing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2019 5:47 AM

She's got the best cut on this album, Chimes of Freedom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2019 5:50 AM

I bet Liam gets pegged.

by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2019 5:51 AM

I'm sure R25. And more...Miley ain't shy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2019 6:04 AM

[quote]But they also think, 'But she's got a f**king sick voice,' and that's all I care about."

She's delusional if she thinks that's what people think about her voice. Maybe she meant to say her voice always sounds like she's sick.

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2019 6:11 AM

we know they both gay for gods sake......

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2019 6:16 AM

She's sexually attracted to women, but she married a man? Stupid...no matter how much "he has her back."

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2019 6:22 AM

What you people call butch, is simply being white trash with no education. She didn't even go to college, did she?

by Anonymousreply 30July 15, 2019 6:25 AM

And if he's gay and he married a woman, he's equally as stupid. This "I don't like labels" bullshit is...BULLSHIT.

Labels help define who you are. Gender, sexual compatibility and sexual orientation are real things.

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2019 6:26 AM

He's not gay for God's sake.

And I'm not sure this woman is bi either. Celebrity bi women are so performative and in-your-face about bisexuality, that it sounds fake and attention-seeking.

Also, there's nothing modern about being in a mono hetero relationship. Get over yourself, bitch, you're not special.

by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2019 6:31 AM

I like Miley. Sure, she's annoying at times. Doesn't have the talent of a Gaga or Bey. But she sings better than most and I feel she's authentic, believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 33July 15, 2019 7:36 AM

She trying to stay relevant but she's all talk. Now she's collaborating with Shawn Mendes because he's the hot new thing. I swear, the music business is starting to sound like a corporation.

by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2019 8:03 AM

Those of us in the school think she's more polluted than we are.

by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2019 8:10 AM

I actually admire her. She is expressing herself. She personality comes across as big ego sometimes, but I feel it's from her heart. Anyone she is interviewed, she comes across as smart, witty, self assured, and careing about humankind. Keep her on the island.

by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2019 8:15 AM

Threatening not to reproduce is a caring promise. Let's hope she keeps it.

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2019 9:18 AM

[quote]I swear, the music business is starting to sound like a corporation.

Gee, you think?

Anyways, that doesn't mean there isn't great music being released all the time. Like Miley's collaboration with Mark Ronson which was one of the best pop songs of 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2019 9:27 AM

All she's saying is that she and Liam are two bisexuals who decided to get married. Liam isn't out because of his career, so she has to beat around the bush, but you can read between the lines.

This is quite common in Hollywood, where half the young actors and singers are bisexual. It's more unusual nowadays if you aren't bisexual. You certainly don't get invited to the cool parties if you're strictly heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2019 8:08 PM

She's exhausting. I'm exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2019 8:14 PM

Her godmother Dolly is self deprecating whereas she is strictly self defecating.

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2019 8:27 PM

Who the fuck cares about this attention-seeking bitch?

by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2019 1:48 AM

This video made me decide that Ariana is really a fantastic singer. And that Miley, though technically a little shakey sometimes, has something really compelling about her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ua3O_fdCY

by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2019 2:23 AM

Liam has never said he's anything but straight.

The thing is that one time when Miley called him "a white straight man" in a private moment, he objected, probably the phrasing is dismissive. Then Queerty, ever gay baiting, reported that Liam is a "no labels" kind of guy. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2019 4:07 AM

She tries to be hard to appear !!!WOKE!!!

by Anonymousreply 45July 16, 2019 4:39 AM

Her singing is very predictable. She can sing, but what she did in nothing Breaks Like A Heart was boring. Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 46July 16, 2019 4:54 AM

"so complex, and modern, and new "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 16, 2019 6:02 AM

A very confused person who is trying way, way too hard to be edgy. Spare us, please.

by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2019 6:08 AM

R47 Was that the wedding invitation?

by Anonymousreply 49July 16, 2019 6:19 AM

[quote]Liam has never said he's anything but straight. The thing is that one time when Miley called him "a white straight man" in a private moment, he objected, probably the phrasing is dismissive. Then Queerty, ever gay baiting, reported that Liam is a "no labels" kind of guy. That's all.

He hasn't said anything but he pings.

by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2019 6:24 AM

[Quote] 'She' does not represent a gender," she notes. "She is not just a woman. 'She' doesn't refer to a vagina. She is a force of nature. She is power. She can be anything you want to be, therefore, she is everything. She is the super she. She is the she-ro. She is the She-E-O."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 16, 2019 9:23 AM

BS. She has an album to sell. This girls has many personas. Liam doesn't have to face the one she presents to the public or gives these interviews 24/7

by Anonymousreply 52July 16, 2019 10:09 AM

Put Miley in a box and ship her somewhere far away.

by Anonymousreply 53July 16, 2019 10:24 AM

So tiresome and exhausting. "Look at me - I'm SPECIAL, DIFFERENT and EDGY!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 54July 16, 2019 10:32 AM

Bi men bad

Bi women good

Bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 55July 16, 2019 11:14 AM

I think she's alright for a Disney pop-princess. Her transition has been so smooth, even during her highly public drug blip. I can't help but like the woman. Now she should know that when it comes to sex and relationship, ain't nothing new or modern, unless you're fucking robots.

by Anonymousreply 56July 16, 2019 11:58 AM

I watched that Pharrell clip and I took it to mean he was referring to the race issue and having a POC in the royal family, “cheering them on”, very us vs. them vibe. Otherwise, what the fuck was he exactly talking about? What is there to ‘cheer on’?

by Anonymousreply 57July 16, 2019 12:14 PM

^sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 58July 16, 2019 12:15 PM

So they probably have a non-monogamous relationship. The gays are not impressed by that, it's not "so edgy", it's pretty damn common.

by Anonymousreply 59July 16, 2019 12:58 PM

[Quote] So they probably have a non-monogamous relationship.

I thought that was obvious. There's always been threesome rumours.

by Anonymousreply 60July 16, 2019 1:37 PM

Blind item say he’s been fucking around on her basically since day one.

What I know about highly sexualized celebrities is in their real life, they aren’t. To me all her sexuality is presentational and false.

by Anonymousreply 61July 16, 2019 2:28 PM

R60 threesome with another man fucking Liam?

by Anonymousreply 62July 16, 2019 2:35 PM

"She’s a strange one. She is really butch in interviews. She’s more interesting than a lot of other pop singers that way and really doesn’t seem to give a shit. I like her."

Her "strangeness" is what we call desperately seeking attention. And she is no more or less interesting than any other modern pop singer out there who pretty much act the same way; being gross, vulgar and "speaking your mind" is expected nowadays. She ABSOLUTELY gives a shit what people think of her otherwise she wouldn't constantly need this level of attention by pretending she's not in a traditional heterosexual marriage.

by Anonymousreply 63July 16, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote]Her transition has been so smooth

Huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 16, 2019 4:31 PM

From Billboard:

Q: Do you want your dudes to be dudes?

Miley: Not even. That really grosses me out. I always get in trouble for ­generalizing straight men, ’cause straight men can be my worst nightmare ­sometimes. And I’m with a straight dude. But he’s always like, “Well, don’t call me that!” I ask him sometimes, “Do you like being a boy?” And he’s like, “I don’t really think about it.” And that’s crazy to me, because I think about being a girl all the time. I’m always like, “It’s weird that I’m a girl, because I just don’t feel like a girl, and I don’t feel like a boy. I just feel like nothing.” So when someone’s too ­masculine, that really grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2019 11:24 AM

R62 No, with women.

by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2019 11:28 AM

One of those celebrity magazines is now claiming that Miley was "caught" backstage at a music festival saying that her and Liam have an "open marriage" and an "arrangement" so as not to go behind each other's back.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2019 12:01 PM

I'm sure Dolly has given her some good advice on this particular subject.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2019 12:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2019 12:16 PM

r69 Already explained at r44.

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2019 9:19 PM

“because it's so complex, and modern, and new that I don't think we're in a place where people would get it”

So very unique and special.

Doing the most conventional thing I can imagine. Sounds like Markle reinventing royalty.

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2019 9:25 PM

I'm sure she is stoking 'controversy' because that's how she promotes her (frankly) mediocre talent. However, given the quote in R65, I'm pretty sure she's genuine about not being straight, if a little immature about it. She's a lot more mature than might otherwise be expected, though, given the environment she grew up in.

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]I’m always like, “It’s weird that I’m a girl, because I just don’t feel like a girl, and I don’t feel like a boy. I just feel like nothing.”

Aren't most people like that? We take our gender for granted and lead on with our lives. Few people really focus that much on their gender or sex, and in this she's just like her husband, who himself says that he seldom reflects on being male. The difference is that, unlike him, she wants to turn her feeling-nothingness into something edgy and queer, into an identity on its own right, when in fact her experience is quite -- mundane.

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2019 10:56 PM

Your marriage can't be unique and impossible to understand in 2019. We hear about polyamory all the time now, and it was almost fifty years ago that people started talking about open marriages and the famous swingers and "key parties" of the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2019 11:04 PM

[quote]Aren't most people like that? We take our gender for granted and lead on with our lives. Few people really focus that much on their gender or sex, and in this she's just like her husband, who himself says that he seldom reflects on being male. The difference is that, unlike him, she wants to turn her feeling-nothingness into something edgy and queer, into an identity on its own right, when in fact her experience is quite -- mundane.

I was thinking more of her distaste for overly-masculine men. I think she appreciates and is attracted to a degree of femininity in men but is misattributing it and putting it in hackneyed terms.

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2019 11:05 PM

r75 There's nothing particularly queer about that, though. Many gay men have stories of having a woman fall in love with them without realizing they're gay, because they're attracted to the gay guy's "harmless" vibe.

by Anonymousreply 76July 22, 2019 11:10 PM

Loved SHE IS COMING.

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2019 11:10 PM

Who cares what/who she fucks. She's a terrible singer---like every other female pop singer these days.

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2019 11:16 PM

Just my opinion, R76, but some bi women do find feminine traits in men attractive.

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2019 11:17 PM

r79 I've seen the opposite quite often, and I've also seen bi women justify their prejudices against bisexual men by saying they dislike feminine men.

by Anonymousreply 80July 22, 2019 11:23 PM

I'm really not invested enough in Miley Cyrus's life to argue the point, R80, just commenting that she struck me as genuine.

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2019 11:31 PM

[quote]Cyrus described herself as "a queer person in a hetero relationship."

YAWN.

by Anonymousreply 82July 22, 2019 11:32 PM

I swear to Jesus and Beelezbub that if I hear ONE MORE person use the word 'woke' I will punch them in the eye and kick them in the crotch area so hard their junk will projectile vomit out their mouth.

by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2019 11:36 PM

Oh, dear. Is she smoking that salvia shit again?

by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2019 11:39 PM

"I mean, do people really think that I'm at home in a f**king apron cooking dinner?"

I'm not like the other vagina people-- I'm COOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 85July 22, 2019 11:43 PM

[quote]Threatening not to reproduce is a caring promise. Let's hope she keeps it.

Let’s hope she is able to convince her hideous sister Noah to also refrain from reproducing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 22, 2019 11:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 22, 2019 11:48 PM

She's basically saying they have 3-ways. So edgy!

by Anonymousreply 88July 22, 2019 11:53 PM

I’d keep them plenty busy

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2019 12:27 AM

R33 She is way more talented than that freak Gaga. And Bey is more talented than Gaga. Leave that things name out of this.

by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2019 12:45 AM

She is talented. She shouldn't need to subject us to all her nudity and cursing to sell records. But...she wants attention.

In this interview, was she being paid by the word?

by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2019 1:18 AM

This is the same rag doll that dressed like a furry and then twerked in front of Robin Thicke on the VMAs, right?

You go, feminista! Show us how a white girl is a boss! (eye roll)

by Anonymousreply 92July 23, 2019 1:27 AM

I'm so sick of basic bitches using 'queerness' or jumping on the black culture train when it suits them.

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2019 1:42 AM

They've split already! And she's back to kissing girls in Italy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2019 6:31 PM

Brody Jenner's ex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2019 6:32 PM

I need attention so I’m kissing girls while pretending to be surprised I’m being photographed!

by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2019 7:07 PM

She's a lezzie when she's drugging and straight when she's "behaving". He's her sober companion.

She's a mess. Just be a lesbian and get on with life.

by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2019 7:35 PM

I don't think she's a lez, otherwise she would never have married or lived with a man, she definitely prefers pole. She just wants publicity and is an attention-seeking whore.

Her 15 minutes of fame are over.

by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2019 11:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!