Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heated Tensions Between White and Black kids in 1978 Rosedale, Queens

This is from “Rosedale Documentary” set in 1978 (some day 1976) and it’s so DISGUSTING to see how the white kids treated these black kids just riding their bikes to get to McDonalds etc.

I’m disgusted.

And then people wonder why some black people are defensive and angry. This wasn’t that long ago, many of these adults experienced this BULLSHIT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 18, 2019 12:12 AM

This is a great video. Sad reality.

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2019 10:12 PM

After so much hate, it's no wonder that black communities continued to create their own culture and colloquialism.

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2019 10:26 PM

I felt so bad for that poor girl they harassed and shoved etc. on the bike. She looked like she wanted to cry but didn’t allow herself to but remained quiet the rest of the time while her friends spoke.

PS those children were incredibly well spoken and mature! Very articulate, much more so than many of today’s young adults of all races and ethnicities.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2019 10:31 PM

It’s interesting how things have changed so much in the lost 40 years. It’s good to remember the past as long as we don’t dwell on it.

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2019 10:40 PM

R4 what has changed?

Maybe black People can walk down the block in NYC and not be chased out with slurs and physical violence now but truth is that racism is just as strong as ever, especially in a systematic and economic sense.

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2019 10:45 PM

Look at how quiet the whites are now...

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote] but truth is that racism is just as strong as ever, especially in a systematic and economic sense.

Not really.

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2019 12:25 AM

Also, here's OP, doing his usual thing.

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2019 12:27 AM

Although the video was quite shocking, OP. It puts your throwing-drink-on-someone because they didn't like the gay guy looking at them but let's pretend that it was racially motivated shtick to shame.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2019 12:28 AM

R9 that. Wasn’t. Me. You. Obsessed. Psycho.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2019 12:34 AM

Another race bait thread. Really you are digging up something from 40 years ago and don't even know what really happened, just what you choose to read?

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2019 12:37 AM

“And you don’t even know what really happened” typical words of a white racist.

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2019 12:39 AM

[quote] that. Wasn’t. Me. You. Obsessed. Psycho.

It was the NativeNYC dude.

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2019 12:40 AM

He's very, very, very hung up on the race thing.

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2019 12:41 AM

R13 I am NativeNYer

The person that posted that thread was not me. It was someone else and I even commented on that thread “bitch stole my username”.

Was probably this psycho Kenneth at r14 that’s been stalking me for months now.

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2019 12:45 AM

This isn’t just “a race thread”. You all are acting like it’s just people running their mouths. This is a video from a documentary that is race related.

Get over your white fragility.

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2019 12:46 AM

[quote]Was probably this psycho Kenneth at [R14] that’s been stalking me for months now.

Kenneth. LOL

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2019 12:48 AM

Who's fragile, really. Esp when you can't even really relate to the people being slighted, R16.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2019 12:49 AM

R18 you are when you’re offended and deflecting.

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2019 12:51 AM

R19 doesn't realize that OP is very into thread responses and views.

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2019 1:02 AM

"...don't even know what really happened, just what you choose to read?"

Comments and mindsets like this are exactly why things haven't changed much since then. The only thing that has changed is now they would have called the cops.on them under false pretenses rather than getting their own hands dirty.

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2019 1:04 AM

Exactly r21. Look at the thread about the guy in San Francisco that was gonna call the cops on the black man and his child begged him not to. So many of these racists defending calling the cops for something so stupid and even admitting they would have went inside or walked away to call the cops vs. doing it in front of the black man. So you wanna hurt him but don’t want him to know you did it?! Sick people.

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2019 1:26 AM

I watched the video before I read the thread, so I'll only comment on the video, and not the remarks. I graduated High School in 1978. My neighborhood was 'mixed'. I knew about these kinds of encounters, but didn't really see them too much around me. Here's the thing: in my neighborhood, we had a lot of Appalachians and blacks (I'm neither). Kids would grow up a few houses away from each other, but when they started growing up, normal teenage conflicts would arise. And some white kid would call a black kid the 'n' word, and some black kid would call a white kid a 'hillbilly' (sorry, I have to use the whole word). And their families would be at war, and those kids would never speak to each other again, until there was a funeral. That's the America I always knew. I live in the same house, the same neighborhood, and its still mixed. I like my neighbors, and they seem to like me. Some of us just live where we live, and don't pretend its more or less than it is. But I don't think people need to be mean. I just feed the stray cats and say hi to my neighbors. I don't fly a rainbow flag, but I don't think anyone thinks I'm straight.

by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2019 1:34 AM

R23 I agree. You don’t need to be friends but you can be kind and cordial to people.

The idea that me riding my bike through a white area would cause me to get harassed because of my skin color? Not ok. And it’s disgusting some will defend the white kids behavior.

by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2019 1:42 AM

I came from a redneck county in Virginia. In my high school the students segregated themselves voluntarily. The whites stayed with whites; the blacks stayed with blacks. That's the way they both wanted it. There was racism on both sides. The prevailing attitude (and this went for adults as well as high school kids) was this: whites believed this: "whites don't get nothing; the (insert racial epithet for black people) get everything!" and the blacks believed this "blacks don't get nothing; the (insert racial epithet for white people) get everything!" Yes, that's really what they believed where I came from. The ignorance was astounding.

by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2019 1:46 AM

One way to perpetuate shit like that is to dwell on it endlessly and deploy it against people who weren't even born yet as though they are just as guilty.

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2019 1:55 AM

R26 your attitude makes you just as guilty.

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2019 1:58 AM

[quote][R26] your attitude makes you just as guilty.

It really doesn't.

It just makes you seem thin skinned and willing to blame everyone else for your shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2019 2:13 AM

I'm R23. My neighbor calls me, often, and he once came over to pick me up off the floor, when I had fallen, so he's seen me naked. Later on, he tried to help me get up, when we eventually called an ambulance. He has his very handsome, fit young son check on me regularly. I was out working in my yard on Saturday, and he (his son) offered to help me cut down some trees and shrubs. He didn't realize I had some rare plants in my yard, and agreed that he would wait until we could work together, since he didn't want to damage any valuable plants. He gets to use my jawsaw, and I get to show him how! Win, win!

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2019 2:20 AM

Yes, it was terrible. So I really don't get why people are saying today that racism is worse than they have ever seen it.

by Anonymousreply 30July 15, 2019 2:21 AM

What exactly is he guilty of, r27?

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2019 2:22 AM

I grew up in Brooklyn, blacks kid did it to white kids as well, it just never got filmed. i've been harassed and chased by blacks. I've been mugged 4 times, once had to fight two men off me, another time had a gun in my face, all the perps were black. Other family and friends have had similar experiences. You finally let the hate and anger go and just move on. Crime has dropped tremendously in NYC, I never thought it would happen and has been a great relief.

by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2019 2:25 AM

R32, Brooklyn Native here, and you’re full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 33July 15, 2019 2:31 AM

That incident looked like a thwarted lynching. The blacks are violent but a lynch mob chased kids and assaulted them just for riding their bikes.

Bill Moyers was an excellent journalist who knew how to engage people in real conversation.

by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2019 3:06 AM

Every word is true, R33.

R32

by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2019 3:49 AM

"The blacks are violent"

Um, do you know our history?

by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2019 5:40 AM

That’s my biggest issue r36. They are quick to point fingers but never look in their own mirrors to see the reality that’s facing them about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2019 2:42 PM

r36 this shit where people pretend that whites are uniquely violent or malevolent is pure, toxic, self-serving stupidity of the lowest kind. The fact that it's pretty much always whites saying it does not make that less true.

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2019 4:15 PM

R38 whites are more violent historically. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2019 6:13 PM

R39 knows little about history. She might want to read up on islamic conquest (see especially the Hindu Holocaust and the Armenian genocide but all of the history of islamic imperialism will be a big eye opener for her), the islamic slave trade made possible by Africans hunting and capturing fellow Africans, about 2 million Europeans were brought into slavery by muslim raids as far as Iceland compared to the 300,000 Africans brought to the US, she might also want to learn about Japanese imperialism in the 20th century more brutal than the Nazis, or her friend Chairman Mao who killed tens of millions or her other friend to the the south of Mao, Mr. Pol Pot who killed several tens of millions.

When you list the many sins of Europeans, and the list is lengthy, also balance it with all that Europeans have given the world.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2019 11:24 PM

"balance it with all that Europeans have given the world."

No.

Because they did it by theiving and genocide, as well as by taking all credit for work done collaboratively with other nationalities and races and even amongst themselves. All while destroying the ecosystem and planet.

by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2019 1:49 AM

"this shit where people pretend that whites are uniquely violent or malevolent is pure, toxic, self-serving stupidity of the lowest kind."

She blubbered through huge snot bubbles, completely ignoring r34's pure, toxic, self-serving stupidity of the lowest kind.

by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2019 1:53 AM

r42 sounds crazy.

by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2019 2:24 AM

No r43, crying about us being called violent while ignoring blacks being called violent sounds crazy.

by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2019 2:46 AM

Horrifying video.

by Anonymousreply 45July 16, 2019 2:50 AM

That’s disgusting. Back in the day us White kids in Shaker Heights knew how to behave properly when black kids moved into our neighborhood. We moved to Beachwood!

by Anonymousreply 46July 16, 2019 2:51 AM

R46 that’s better than acting like these SAVAGES

by Anonymousreply 47July 16, 2019 2:38 PM

[quote] Another race bait thread. Really you are digging up something from 40 years ago and don't even know what really happened, just what you choose to read?

I almost don't mind it. Especially in light of some of the discussion at Datalounge about busing in the 1970s where many clearly lacked perspective because they did not experience it. History books don't show this. This was a scene that was repeated with regularity in big "liberal" cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston and Philly throughout the 70s. I am not sure it has stopped.

by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2019 2:51 PM

[quote] [R36] this shit where people pretend that whites are uniquely violent or malevolent is pure, toxic, self-serving stupidity of the lowest kind. The fact that it's pretty much always whites saying it does not make that less true.

In which universe do you live? In this one, in America, whites are the majority of the population and have the great majority of the wealth and power. Blacks did not enslave whites. Blacks did not lynch whites. Black cops do not kill unarmed white men and boys. The history of this country confirms that whites are uniquely violent and malevolent.

by Anonymousreply 49July 16, 2019 3:01 PM

R49 NAILED IT.

by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2019 4:11 PM

What r49 said X 1,000

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2019 4:08 AM

This is disgusting behavior.

But white people will play innocent.

by Anonymousreply 52July 18, 2019 8:29 PM

Rosedale is a bad area now.

by Anonymousreply 53July 18, 2019 10:22 PM

So was Bed Stuy and "east Williamsburg " and Crown Heights, but it didn't stop you dreary little people from flyovestan resettling in these hoods

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2019 12:12 AM

r54 honey, the city needed more of a tax base. Those "dreary little people" contributed a ton of $$$.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2019 12:16 AM

Wrong. You contribute less than you take.

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2019 12:20 AM

Not with what they're paying, r56.

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2019 12:22 AM

They pay their landlords who in turn do not pay their share of taxes and are a drain on the tax payers of new York

Troll on.

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2019 12:29 AM

Include employment taxes r58.

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2019 12:30 AM

[quote]So was Bed Stuy and "east Williamsburg " and Crown Heights, but it didn't stop you dreary little people from flyovestan resettling in these hoods

God forbid some crime-ridden shithole of a neighborhood actually becomes a nice place to live. Good riddance to the garbage that used to live there.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2019 12:31 AM

Right.

New Yorkers never paid employment taxes until you showed up.

Troll on.

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2019 12:34 AM

White=nice Shithole= black, Latin, other.

Which one of the thugs chasing a kid riding her bike in this video are you?

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2019 12:38 AM

R62 thank you. So sick of the racists on here. Thank God they’re old and dying soon.

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2019 1:05 AM

Go to Rosedale today, and hope you don't get shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2019 1:16 AM

Go back to flyoverstan with the white picket fences and your white sheets and be 'safe'.

by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2019 1:21 AM

This is NYC. It’s never been “safe” and never will be. Crime has gone UP the past two years. Not down.

by Anonymousreply 66July 19, 2019 1:26 AM

NYC is a helluva lot safer than it was.

by Anonymousreply 67July 19, 2019 1:54 AM

Was? Yes. But that’s most of the Country and still not what you white trash that move here want. It’s NYC. And it’s actually more dangerous here now than Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2019 2:00 AM

Stop calling people white trash when all they do is work at jobs and stay out of trouble. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2019 2:11 AM

R69 lives in delusional Fraulandia

by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2019 2:18 AM

Nope r70 just the real world. You're the guy who's always bitching about whites in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2019 2:21 AM

That’s not realism though.

by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2019 2:26 AM

Claiming white People never do anything wrong is anything but “realism”.

Some white people truly believe they’re saints.

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2019 8:52 AM

"whites want to 'do their jobs and 'stay out of trouble', as opposed to what?

Which one of the thugs are you in that video chasing a kid riding her bike in your, nice white neighborhood ?

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2019 10:39 AM

This always breaks my heart.

Just let them ride their fucking bikes! God knows you all love moving into black areas!

by Anonymousreply 75July 28, 2019 9:37 PM

What’s truly scary about this is it wasn’t that long ago. These people in the video are in their 50s and 60s now, and still running this Country.

by Anonymousreply 76November 1, 2019 2:08 AM

Rosedale, Queens is a high-crime shithole now.

by Anonymousreply 77November 1, 2019 2:09 AM

It was always a shithole.

by Anonymousreply 78November 1, 2019 2:12 AM

White people loved to mistreat black people, and then when the black people had enough and were angry the white people acted like they didnt know why black people were mad (or why some still are).

by Anonymousreply 79November 1, 2019 2:21 AM

I hate that the video was taken down

by Anonymousreply 80December 18, 2019 12:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!