Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Among the reasons my obese sister thinks our mother was a monster

Mother wanted her to have a buccal procedure when she was a teenager to help give her a more appealing facial structure. My sister refused. I don’t know what that woman has against being attractive. It’s as if she goes out of her way to look as unappealing as possible.

All Mother wanted was for her daughter to be pretty and find a nice husband. For that, apparently she was Satan incarnate. I’ll never understand it.

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2019 1:36 AM

Why bring me into it? Am *I* responsible for your fat sister and overbearing mother?

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2019 2:52 PM

At that vulnerable age your sister needed her mother to love and accept her unconditionally as she was.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2019 4:42 PM

OP, you sound like a massive asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2019 4:43 PM

R2, what a load of hooey! The teenage years are a time for a mother to really share her wisdom with a daughter. My sister not only showed no interest, but she acted as if Mother had nothing to teach her. It offended Mother a great deal.

Mother had “the buckle,” as it was called, when she was 21. She always said it did wonders for her face. She thought it would help my sister as well.

How am I an asshole? You sound just like her.

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2019 4:09 AM

What did your mother want YOU to do to change YOURself, OP? Nothing, right?

Yeah -- I knew that.

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2019 4:12 AM

Things are different for boys. Although I will say that I always kept myself trim and never allowed myself to gain weight.

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2019 4:34 AM

"All Mother wanted was for her daughter to be pretty and find a nice husband."

All daughter wanted was to be loved and validated for who she was... now she will have to deal (alone) with body dysmorphic disorder all her life.

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2019 5:15 AM

“Mother had “the buckle,” as it was called, when she was 21”

I’m envisioning her running her car, full speed, into a tree—without her seatbelt on—followed by reconstruction surgery.

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2019 5:18 AM

No, the buccal (or “buckle”) procedure involves removing a few of your back molars so that the cheeks curve inward. For girls with fat, round faces, it does wonders. And you don’t eat as much without those extra teeth!

The latter part is probably the reason my fat-ass sister didn’t want to do it. She loves shoveling food down her pie hole. Mother tried to get her to eat like a lady, but you can imagine how that went over.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2019 1:18 PM

I tried to be there for Mother as much as possible during her last illness. She confided in me that she was terribly disappointed in the way my sister turned out and that she regretted having her. You could hear the anguish in her voice, even as sick as Mother was.

She didn’t understand why my sister was the way she was. She said that if she had it to do over again, she would’ve terminated the pregnancy. I was quite shocked at the time, but chalked it up to Mother being heavily medicated at the time. The cancer was extremely advanced and she was in constant pain, so she was on a LOT of morphine.

But as I’ve reflected on it over the past 40 years, I’ve come to believe that she was sharing her true feelings. She often said that her figure never came back after the second child (my sister) and she had to take amphetamines to keep herself trim. And she didn’t even get a daughter she could relate to out of all that.

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2019 2:26 PM

Uncle, I'd venture to guess you have gay voice for days and a swish that looks like the back end of a hippo, but Mommy loved you just the way you were/are.

Yeah, you're right -- things are different for boys. Momma's boys, that is.

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2019 4:53 PM

Your sister sounds ghastly, old chum. Just ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2019 4:55 PM

Is this actually a John Waters' script scenario that was never filmed?

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2019 5:14 PM

No, R13. Some DLers just have active imaginations and tend to, shall we say “overindulge.”

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2019 5:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2019 5:49 PM

Well, she certainly wouldn't have called chicken a la king "nursing home slop" if she had had that buccal!

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2019 6:48 PM

One doesn’t eat as much without a couple of molars? That’s pretty much the dumbest thing I’ve read this week.

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2019 7:21 PM

R17 Not sure you belong here...bless your dull, little heart.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2019 7:35 PM

You really were a blessing to your mother, UncleRupert.

It is a shame your sister and your ungrateful nieces don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2019 7:48 PM

You really were a blessing to your mother, UncleRupert.

It is a shame your sister and your ungrateful nieces don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2019 7:48 PM

This is the only fucking thread on which I can post.

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2019 7:51 PM

You are the golden child, your moms a narcissist and your sister is who your mom was grooming Jon Benet Patsy Ramsey style.

If your dad told you you needed to not be gay, or something other than what you were, like change your hair color, or grow a beard, or whatever, wouldn't you find that offensive? Especially after you politely declined?

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2019 7:56 PM

R11, I’m sorry you hate your mother.

R16, that was her daughter who said that.

R22, my mother was a lovely person with an ungrateful slob for a daughter. Daddy was of a different generation. When I was 19, he told me he knew I was “that way” when I was a young child and had hoped I’d grow out of it. He then told me I should at least try it with a woman, which I did.

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2019 8:00 PM

so your sis was probably a lesbian or something! leave her be!

btw you would look so good with a nose job. here is the number for Michael Jackson's surgeon. Please get a MJ nose. You'll look 1000 better. What? Whats wrong with that? I'm not crazy, you are. Your nose sucks!

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2019 8:04 PM

She’s not a Lesbian. She started wiggling her tits at any male that crossed her path from an early age, and then tried to act like a frigid schoolmarm when they actually showed interest. She was briefly married, to a man she managed to run so crazy that he went out and killed himself. That was my niece’s father.

My niece is also not a Lesbian, although life would be much easier for her if she were. She hates men and has successfully managed to run off her husband, after she got two daughters out of him and then totally emasculated him.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2019 8:12 PM

oh well she sounds like a real cunt I guess. wonder what made her act that way

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2019 8:33 PM

There will be no empathy for little sis from OP who agrees with Mommy that his sibling should never have been born. Little sis had to endure Mommy's hate and brother was made over in its image. Was Mommy a monster? No, but she taught her kids well; one who self-hates and the other who hates others. Mommy died a painful death and her day is done, but her hate lives on in the hearts she taught.

Poor UncleRupert burns with it.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2019 8:52 PM

OP—are you the long-suffering author of a series of attacks on a sister a niece and the niece’s children?

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2019 9:05 PM

I wonder if UndleRupert's niece was the one who had the sheer audacity to play with his glass figurines?

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2019 9:31 PM

Yes, R28.

R29, that was my younger grandniece. They were antique Avon bottles that belonged to my mother.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2019 9:46 PM

And they aren’t attacks. They are the ones who attack me. I’m only trying to be helpful.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2019 9:47 PM

R27, I don’t hate anyone. I do think perhaps it would be better for some people if they’d never been born. That isn’t hate. My mother didn’t hate anyone either. I’m not sure she loved my sister, but my sister did very little to make herself lovable. Mother took pride in being a lady and a good wife. It must have been very difficult to have a daughter who had no interest in those things, who scoffed at everything Mother held dear.

Imagine having your own flesh and blood reject everything you are. So perhaps Mother did wish my sister had never been born. It would’ve been easier for everyone, my sister included. She certainly seems to wish she had different parents as much as Mother wished she’d had a different daughter.

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2019 9:57 PM

OP, I'm sorry that I got your sister and niece confused. They all sound very ungrateful.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2019 10:14 PM

R32

[quote] I do think perhaps it would be better for some people if they’d never been born. That isn’t hate.

Oh RLY? That's practically a textbook definition. At a global level, it's genocide.

[quote] Imagine having your own flesh and blood reject everything you are.

My parents don't automatically wish I'd never been born just because I'm gay and they're not. Expecting children to be carbon copies of their parents is unrealistic.

[quote]She certainly seems to wish she had different parents as much as Mother wished she’d had a different daughter.

Thinking it is one thing and letting a child know it is another. It's cruel. Once they're here they need acceptance in order to develop a healthy self image. Trying to bend people to your will just creates rebellion and resentment.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2019 10:42 PM

OP is still jealous that his sister was offered plastic surgery, and he wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2019 11:30 PM

I enjoy Uncle-Rupert’ elder ghey hissings ... he’s quickly becoming one of DL’s iconic ESTs

by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2019 12:35 AM

Any person who refuses to their mother as "Mother" rather than "my mother" is unredeemable. Die.

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2019 1:17 AM

poor Uncle-Rupert, golden child of a pathological narcissist, surprised that his scapegoat sister came to see the family's reality. To save herself, she has to go no contact with you and the whole gaslighting bunch... all of you!

Indeed, the whole thing sounds like a plot for a John Waters movie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2019 1:49 AM

Did Norman have a sister? Are you she? Where have you buried her "uncle rupert"?

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2019 1:54 AM

R39, you beat me to it. OP = Norman Bates.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2019 2:53 AM

[quote]They were antique Avon bottles that belonged to my mother.

Please tell me that she didn't tamper with the "white musk" bottle.

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2019 2:56 AM

[quote]And they aren’t attacks. They are the ones who attack me. I’m only trying to be helpful.

Of course. My apologies for the thoughtless diction.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2019 4:35 AM

[quote]Please tell me that she didn't tamper with the "white musk" bottle.

The contents of the bottles are long gone. Mother had them all displayed on a vanity table in her bedroom. I remember the "Avon lady" would come to our house about once a month, a very prim and proper woman named Helen. I remember the last time I saw her. It must've been around 1978 or so. I wasn't living at home anymore by then, so I hadn't seen her in many years. She made some remark about having held me on her lap when I was a toddler. So Mother had the same Avon lady for all that time.

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2019 1:22 AM

We registered for this?

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2019 1:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!