Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The CBS Evening News with Norah O'Donnell

And you bitches thought I was getting shit-canned. HA!

NOW who has the last laugh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2019 1:25 AM

Poor Jeff Glor.

I thought he was good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2019 2:58 AM

She makes her debut on Monday.

I thought you bitches said that Gayle King insisted she get fired?

Norah got a fucking HUGE promotion!

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2019 2:59 AM

I'd rather watch this stud every night, than that old hag Norah O'Donnell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2019 3:43 AM

Stare her down, Jeffie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2019 3:48 AM

[quote] NOW who has the last laugh?

Who indeed.

Norah O’Donnell’s debut as the new “CBS Evening News” anchor drew much media fanfare but not so many viewers.

Despite all the buzz, Monday night’s broadcast slipped compared to the same night a year earlier, as well as for the show’s average audience so this year, ratings agency Nielsen said. O’Donnell garnered a total audience of 5.6 million viewers, down 1% from the same night in 2018 when Glor drew 5.7 million viewers. Her broadcast slid 6% compared with the 2019-to-date average of nearly 6 million.

In the important 25- to 54-year-old demographic, O’Donnell drew 929,000 viewers versus 1.22 million, a year ago when the show was hosted by Glor. That translated to the newscast being down 24% in the demo versus the year-to-date average.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 3:24 AM

Norah 's personality is off putting. And she gives off a right wing bimbo vibe.

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 3:39 AM

And they called ME a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 3:40 AM

I'm not a lesbian. I just still haven't met the right man.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 4:27 AM

No one invited you to this thread, Gayle.

SHOO!

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 4:29 AM

R5 No shock there. Getting rid of Jeff Glor was poorly handled and a bad move. Despite the ratings, Glor had a loyal fan base.

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 6:05 AM

They'll be lots of energy and za-za-za. Norah will vow to "do something different" to the tired old format. It will look promising...

Then it will sink back to the doldrums of the same ol' thang. Nobody under 50 watches these excuses for car and drug commercials, recylings of news everyone's already heard.

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2019 7:01 AM

Norah could fix this is she talked more about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2019 7:06 AM

I watched and it was painful. Norah is a total try hard..

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2019 11:24 AM

Nobody and I nobody is going to watch this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2019 11:32 AM

She has a fake laugh. Beware anyone with a fake laugh. The are always ice cold sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2019 4:30 PM

I LOVE HER! I "believe" the news she's reading.

Jeff Glor was out of his depth. He's like a HS pretty boy whose older sister gets him jobs.

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2019 4:35 PM

R16 fuck you sprinkles.

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2019 4:41 PM

R17 = Jeff Glor

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2019 4:42 PM

Despite the ratings, Jeff Glor was liked by regular viewers of CBS. The problem wasn't the host, it's the format of the broadcast it feels outdated that was the problem. The way CBS demoted Jeff and pushed Norah into the position was a PR fiasco and it appeared that she back stabbed her way into the job. She probably won't last as long as Glor.

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2019 9:02 PM

R19, it’s so annoying when they tinker with the “format”. Someone you trust reads the news. That’s all I need. I don’t want point/counterpoint, woke round table discussions, TMZ-style antics, comfy sofas and coffee tables.

Just give me some unbiased reporting of relevant news stories!

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2019 9:09 PM

O'Donnell's initial rating were lower than Glor's. Curse of Katie Couric. Don't see how she will last, but I never liked her truth be told. I like Gayle - it's too bad she can't get a foothold in the AM

R20 - totally agree!!! I think that is why I don't like O'Donnell - to me she comes off like she has an ax to grind - superior, pro woman, pro Dem. Gayle doesn't present that way and that is why I like her. Act equal = be equal.

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2019 9:12 PM

I think the Geritol set wants an older guy with an authoritative voice.

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2019 4:29 PM

Will she not just go away already? Jesus christ.

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2019 4:34 PM

I watch David Muir on ABC, and I enjoy his broadcast, even when his voice sounds like his sinuses are congested. *Sniff, sniff!*

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2019 4:35 PM

I only watch Judy Woodruff.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2019 4:37 PM

The new CBS News cunt is 0 for 2.

Her morning team: bomb

Norah as anchor: bomb

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2019 4:37 PM

Saw Jeff on the CBS early show today... ewww, I really can't take him. All teeth and acting. I dislike how her uses pretentious pauses, and stresses certain words to sound "distinct." It's like he graduated from the Ted Baxter School of Broadcasting.

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2019 4:40 PM

Katie Couric. Scott Pelley. Jeff Glor.

None of them have been able to revive CBS' evening news ratings. Norah O'Donnell won't be able to either. But I don't think anybody can. The only way CBS could ever gain ground is if there's a shakeup at ABC or NBC. Even then, it seems unlikely. Norah will probably do a perfectly fine job as anchor, but the ratings won't budge, and then, she'll be gone in a couple of years. The Big 3 network evening news shows are a dying format anyway. I don't think most people under the age of 40 even know that they still exist.

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2019 4:51 PM

How does Lesley Stahl feel about never getting the call?

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2019 5:01 PM

This might make me tune-in (NSFW)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2019 5:08 PM

Definitely Team Jeff

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2019 5:44 PM

Scott Pelley was my favorite--he had that old-fashioned "anchorman" voice, and a hot body.

by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote]superior, pro woman, pro Dem

R21: You're nuts. R6 is correct, she's an old right winger from days gone by. She all but DEMANDED Pelosi assure her she wouldn't impeach W back in 2006 when she was on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2019 5:49 PM

Countdown to Norah being fired.....

I give her three months.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2019 1:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!