Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are There Transgender Animals?

There are animals in nature that can change sex characteristics, even sex overall. Humans cannot do such thing (we know that), yet I sense the intention to mislead people by conflating two difference cases: sex changes in animals and human transgenderism (gender identity) as if there were the same, as if one proved the other. I'm sure this is a form of fallacy.

Watch and express your views.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2019 1:54 AM

No, but there are a lot of examples of intersexed animals.

by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2019 12:06 PM

Good question OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2019 12:44 PM

No, there are no transgender animals. The phenomenon is sequential hermaphroditism. This is not science to suggest that the existence of this phenomenon supports transgenderism.

I believe the science is out on whether transgenderism is a naturally occurring biological phenomenon or whether it's a pyschological one.

But, using pseudo-science like this is right up there with climate change deniers and flat earthers in it's ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 3July 11, 2019 1:28 PM

That's very informative. You should leave the comment in the video R3

by Anonymousreply 4July 11, 2019 6:29 PM

Yes there are. I had a goldfish whom I took in to get a sex change. Xe Fish has never been happier!

by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2019 6:35 PM

R3, there are species of wrasse fish that are all born female, and the dominant female in an area becomes male and father becomes male. Is that an example of "sequential hermaphroditism"?

Humans are sexually dimorphic, of course. Cosmetic, hormonal, and social changes don't make any difference to the biology.

by Anonymousreply 6July 11, 2019 6:48 PM

"...and the dominant female in an area becomes male and father becomes male"

Sorry, I meant to say … the dominant female because male and THE FATER OF THE NEXT GENERATION.

I really wish Datalounge had an "edit" function.

by Anonymousreply 7July 11, 2019 6:56 PM

No, OP.

Animals don't wear clothing.

by Anonymousreply 8July 11, 2019 7:02 PM

DO NOT FEED THE ANTI-TRANS TROLL

by Anonymousreply 9July 11, 2019 7:16 PM

Fuck off, R9, we're discussing science, and not what the trans activists would like everyone to think.

by Anonymousreply 10July 11, 2019 7:24 PM

by Anonymousreply 11July 11, 2019 7:25 PM

You don't like discussion? All you have to say is "anti-trans" because you can't stand scrutiny? R11

Listen, we homosexual people have been demonised to no end but we don't demand that discussion be stopped, you know why? Because homosexuality has for long been proven natural and normal variety of animal and human sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 12July 11, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote]we're discussing science

No, you're really not. And about 30 seconds of thought and a quick Google search would have told you why the original question was stupid.

by Anonymousreply 13July 11, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote]DO NOT FEED THE ANTI-TRANS TROLL

[quote]we're discussing science

[quote]No, you're really not. And about 30 seconds of thought and a quick Google search would have told you why the original question was stupid.

The most fascinating part of this thread so far is this exchange.

Who is the anti-T troll to whom r11 is referring - OP? r6 (me)?

Was OP an anti-T troll for posting or a pro-T troll for posting a video that supports the transgenderism occurring in nature? Was the video meant as propaganda that attempts to validate the Ts or was OP inviting people to call bullshit?

Is r12 (who may be OP) an anti-T troll for his position saying "we're discussing science" because he agrees or disagrees with the conclusions from the original video?

Is r13 saying that the original question is stupid because he's anti-T or because he sees the invited debate on faulty science as being anti-T.

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2019 1:16 PM

IT's MA'AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2019 1:21 PM

Yes. There's over 500 species of fish that change gender in adulthood. The belief is that it's in response to environmental cues. Same is true for some reptile species like Dragon Lizards, insects like the common Blue Butterfly, even Cardinals.

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2019 4:41 PM

Tell me more about blue butterflies changing sex!

And no, it's not a stupid question, there are animal species that really do change sex, in a way that humans do not.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2019 7:27 PM

R17. You’ll like this. It’s bizarre and fascinating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2019 10:09 PM

As transtrenders are so keen to tell us constantly. SEX and GENDER are two different things. Gender is a set of stereotypes we have for human men and women. Animals don't have gender.

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2019 10:17 PM

The Trans Activists want us all to believe that biological sex doesn't matter and the only important thing is what a person identifies as. Which is bullshit on a scientific level, because Mother Nature doesn't care what you identify as! To Mother Nature and a scientist, organs and DNA are all that matters in determining sex.

Apparently at least one trans person doesn't like this being discussed, or any biological science. But if hearing science makes you unhappy because it tells a person something they don't want to hear, it doesn't mean the science is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2019 10:35 PM

Troll!

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2019 10:37 PM

Troll is a GENDER!

by Anonymousreply 22July 12, 2019 11:51 PM

I think the concept of gender identity is uniquely human quality. There are hermaphrodite animals, and there are certainly homosexual animals, but I don’t know if there have ever been cases of transgender animals.

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2019 12:08 AM

Science tells us "gender dysmorphia may have an oligogenic component, with several genes involved in sex hormone signaling contributing."

In other words, external genitalia doesn't always match internal sexuality, in humans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2019 12:22 AM

R25 Hey! You got chocolate in my peanut butter!

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2019 12:28 AM

No OP, as animals are not indulged mentally ill fuckstains

by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2019 12:42 AM

By internal sexuality you mean gender identity? R25

I don't have a gender identity. I don't experience a so-called deep inner sense that I'm a guy, a mystical feeling of gender. I think most non-dysphoric people have no feelings of gender. Assuming that everybody have feelings of gender is fallacious, it's putting words in people's words and, I would also call it scientifically dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2019 5:41 AM

R29, what the article, and other articles suggest is that several different genes are involved in signaling the production of sex hormones in the human body.

So, the idea that a person has a penis and therefore biologically is male is inaccurate.

The doctor quoted in this post says “the idea that a persons sex is determined by anatomy at birth is not true...”

Dr Safer goes on to say “we know that there is a significant, durable biological underpinning to gender identity...what we don’t know are all of the biological factors at play that explain gender identity”.

So, I don’t know what you think a gender identity is. Clearly, biologically, you have gender identity, R28.

Again, the research indicates that more than one gene is involved in signaling to sex hormones. It seems that this process is responsible for your gender identity. And no, they haven’t identified which genes, which receptors.

So, your external sex organs may not match your internal sexuality- your gender.

That’s actually what the science suggests, R28.

What is scientifically dishonest is not to read the literature, not to understand the language of that literature, and dismiss that literature because you don’t like what it has to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2019 8:26 AM

But R29, is it reliable science or ideologically biased science?

by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2019 8:58 AM

R29, the fact that experts say anatomy doesn’t determine gender doesn’t exclude other experts that disagree.

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2019 8:59 AM

I have posted a peer reviewed article, See R25. I posted the news article because R28 needed something more his reading level.

R31, the beauty of science is you test your hypothesis.

Here’s another article for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2019 9:04 AM

You are putting words in my mouth. I don't have feelings of gender, I have never experienced a mystical inner feeling of being a man. Not hating my biological sex is not a feeling of gender. R29

by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2019 9:19 AM

Jesus you guys R29 is the troll on every tranny thread posting shite and winding everyone up, just block the car wash cunt

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2019 11:19 AM

Animals don't fetishise makeup, women's knickers and high heels so no, there are no transgender examples in the animal kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2019 11:38 AM

A few...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2019 11:52 AM

A few...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2019 11:56 AM

r25's study:

[quote]Context: There is a likely genetic component to gender dysphoria, but association study data have been EQUIVOCAL.

Equivocal: open to more than one interpretation; ambiguous. Uncertain or questionable in nature.

When combined with the conclusion"

[quote]Conclusion: Gender dysphoria MAY have an oligogenic component, with several genes involved in sex hormone-signaling contributing.

Seems more wishful thinking and ignoring the actual lack of proof although I am open to other interpretations of what the study actually says.

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2019 2:14 PM

People forget detransitioners.

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2019 8:17 PM

R39 No we don't. We just don't about them as much as your obsession does.

I seem to recall being taught in school science class that male seahorses give birth instead of the females.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2019 4:12 PM

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2019 4:20 PM

"I seem to recall being taught in school science class that male seahorses give birth instead of the females. "

In some seahorses the female produces the egg and the male produces the sperm, but when the eggs are fertilized they're given to the male, who puts them in a special pouch in his abdomen. He carries the eggs around and spends a little time with the newly hatched next generation, but the whole process is more like reversal of the usual sex roles than physical transsexualism.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2019 9:52 PM

Really? Any questions or criticism is labelled transphobia?

Why can't transgender topics be scrutinised?

by Anonymousreply 43July 24, 2019 1:17 AM

There are definitely transgenic animals OP...is that close enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2019 1:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!