Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Link Previews Have Stopped Displaying

All I get is a blank grey box. Is this happening to everyone?

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2019 7:32 PM

yeah, same here

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2019 5:19 PM

Seems to be fixed now.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2019 5:22 PM

All seems okay now.

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2019 5:24 PM

Not for me.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2019 5:26 PM

It's happening to me too.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2019 5:27 PM

Now it's fixed for me too.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2019 5:35 PM

I'm back to not being able to see previews - just the grey box. Is anyone else having this issue? Or how did you all fix it before?

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 6:34 PM

Yep, they seem to go blank every day for a while. They're all blank for me right now as well. Yesterday they went blank in the evening hours.

Other anomalies with the UI happening lately.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 6:37 PM

Yes, it's happening to me

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 6:39 PM

r7 It comes and goes by itself. The problem usually doesn't last very long.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 6:39 PM

Ok thanks!

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 6:41 PM

Same for me, OP. I only see a gray box. And before you say I have to register; I have. I'm logged in but it still doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2019 7:07 PM

Let's list all the current issues with Datalounge:

Watched threads that don't stay watched

Ignored threads that don't stay ignored

Grey boxes where the link previews should be

Double posting (has happened to me many times, never happened until the mandatory registration a few months ago)

Clicking on "post" sometimes doesn't work. It took me about 15 minutes yesterday to post. And no, I was not banned, neither was it primetime, and no, it wasn't one of those threads behind a paywall. It's just a new bug. Someone else mentioned having the same issue.

Speaking of, is the webmaster adamant in killing the site? Seriously, the paywall idiocy is the worst idea EVER. It won't make more people pay, it will drive more people away from the website, hence less ad revenue. How is this possibly profitable in the long run, is this a good strategy? I'd rather just have primetime back, make primetime last longer if you have to. Just PLEASE stop paywalling popular threads. I'd rather DL ban certain topics and/or red tag trolls etc (like those Armie/Chalamet threads, those are infested with mentally ill fangirls) than making some threads paywall.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2019 7:18 PM

Preach, R13!

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2019 7:21 PM

Preach, R13!

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2019 7:21 PM

R14 & R15 I see what you did highlighting issue number 4!

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 7:32 PM

I was assuming that the gray boxes for an encouragement to sign up and pay.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2019 7:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!