Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

7.1 Earthquake! California

That last one yesterday was just a warm up. Same place in California. My place rocked bitches. Everyone ok?

by Anonymousreply 87August 23, 2019 4:43 AM

It seemed like it lasted a good minute. Hold me david!!!

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2019 3:46 AM

This one was scarier.

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2019 3:48 AM

Hope everyone is safe--strongest quake in California in 20 yrs.

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2019 4:01 AM

Is it really hot there? They say this doesn't affect them but they do always seem to happen when there is a lot of heat.

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2019 4:05 AM

The churches in southern California should be full this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2019 4:07 AM

Where was the epicenter?

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2019 4:10 AM

Felt it down here in Long Beach. Lots of rolling, and rocking. Not a lot of shaking.

Seemed like it lasted at least 45-60 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2019 4:11 AM

It's been nice in L.A., r4.....

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2019 4:11 AM

What is the difference between rolling and shaking?

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2019 4:13 AM

R6 Here's everything you need to know about the quake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2019 4:13 AM

[quote]Where was the epicenter?

My mussy

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2019 4:16 AM

R9 The rollers last for longer and feel like the earth is rolling under your feet. The rollers are what bring down buildings. The shakers are a few seconds and feel just like someone's quickly shaking you from side to side.

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2019 4:18 AM

It is clearly Joe Biden's fault.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2019 4:18 AM

The '94 quake was a jack hammer type, fucking terrifying.

The only time I've ever been afraid during an earthquake.

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2019 4:20 AM

I would also like to know the difference between rocking and shaking. ...and I live here. Rollers, I do get, at least for me. The "rolling" feeling is kind of like "elevator stomach"

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2019 4:20 AM

R9 Rolling feels like you're on a boat going over a swell. Shaking feels more like airplane turbulence.

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2019 4:22 AM

Well, California wants to break away from the US anyway. This is a good time to start.

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2019 4:23 AM

Dr. Lucy Jones looks very nervous. I have seen her on TV over the years and she always looks cool as a clam even during the Northride earthquake. Something tells me she suspects an even bigger one coming.

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2019 4:40 AM

[quote]Well, California wants to break away from the US anyway. This is a good time to start.

Careful what you wish for, say goodby to your internet, cell phone, Ipad, and all the technology we invented for you fly over bitches. Not to mention all the food we grow that feeds the rest of the US.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2019 4:42 AM

Maybe she’s tired from the earthquake yesterday R18.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2019 4:47 AM

r18 I mentioned same in other thread; gut says something big's up . . .

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2019 4:54 AM

What can we do for our CA fellows besides free sex? I'm worried now.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2019 4:59 AM

I felt it all the way in Phoenix, Arizona. The local TV stations are still talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2019 5:01 AM

[quote] My place rocked bitches.

Just like every Friday when you allow some desperate man to enter your home to fuck you the trailer home trembles. Your neighbors in the trailer park think it’s a normal Friday for you.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2019 5:01 AM

This one was long. The floor was rolling.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2019 5:08 AM

Things were swaying and the parked cars were moving/bouncing in Las Vegas for about 20 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2019 5:09 AM

Here's Dr. Lucy Jones talking about the quake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2019 5:11 AM

Here is another clip of Dr. Lucy this evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2019 5:13 AM

Swear to god, I started having earthquake premonitions last week. I’ve lived in LA for 12 years and never felt that before. I told some coworkers, and yesterday I got texts from, and today was approach by, some of them because I called it. Really fucking weird!

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2019 5:14 AM

[quote] Something tells me she suspects an even bigger one coming.

You cannot predict an earthquake. I suspect Dr. Lucy Jones is just horny.

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2019 5:15 AM

The 7.1 tonight was like standing on the deck of a cruise ship, when you haft to adjust your balance to keep your equilibrium. But it undulated quite a bit. Left me little seasick in Palm Springs

by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2019 5:41 AM

[quote]when you haft

my haft is bigger than your haft

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2019 5:47 AM

Me too, R29. Just in the last month I stocked up on enough food, water and supplies to last several weeks without water and electricity. Have asolor radio and battery backups for all the devices. Also a super-quick water boiler for cooking and disinfecting. Just replenished my water supply today. My spider senses are in overdrive.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2019 5:49 AM

The older woman who was there mentoring Dr. Lucy Jones was a big old lesbian. I dont know about Lucy Jones but here male co-worker seems like he could be one of us.

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2019 5:55 AM

I didn’t feel a thing in SF, but a friend in Sacramento said he did.

by Anonymousreply 35July 6, 2019 5:58 AM

Did anyone catch what Dr Lucy said this time? She upped the chances to an even larger quake to 10%. Yesterday she said 5%.

And she said defiantly more that 50% chance to expect 5.0 or higher in then next 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 36July 6, 2019 6:01 AM

Keep your shoes next to your bed at night in case you have to hop up and scamper through broken glass in your caftan.

You won't get far if your feet are in shreds.

by Anonymousreply 37July 6, 2019 6:05 AM

Does Lucy Jones' pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 38July 6, 2019 6:05 AM

Downtown Bakersfield must be a mess.

by Anonymousreply 39July 6, 2019 6:09 AM

R19, who is “we” exactly? What did you personally have to do with all of those things?

Dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 40July 6, 2019 6:10 AM

R37 they recommend keeping your shoes UNDER the bed so glass doesn’t fall into them before you stick your feet in.

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2019 6:15 AM

California shouldn't be growing all the food. The rest of the nation is better suited for it.

by Anonymousreply 42July 6, 2019 6:15 AM

People shouldn't be living where there are major earthquakes.

by Anonymousreply 43July 6, 2019 6:19 AM

R38, like 'earthquake weather.'

by Anonymousreply 44July 6, 2019 6:20 AM

Mama Cass sings (pre-ham sandwich):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 6, 2019 6:28 AM

[quote] Downtown Bakersfield must be a mess.

And that is a change how?

by Anonymousreply 46July 6, 2019 6:31 AM

Why has this Dr. Lucy suddenly become the oracle of California earthquakes?

by Anonymousreply 47July 6, 2019 6:31 AM

[quote]People shouldn't be living where there are major earthquakes.

So Tornado alley better?? Hurricane Florida? Nor East Blizzards?

by Anonymousreply 48July 6, 2019 6:31 AM

Suddenly?? Dr. Lucy has been the oracle of California quakes for 30 years! (along with retired Dr. Kate Hutton).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 6, 2019 7:09 AM

I love Dr. Lucy. She doesn't have time for your fear mongering.

by Anonymousreply 50July 6, 2019 7:11 AM

Dr. Lucy Jones is a Los Angeles/Southern California treasure! She's one those people whom I consider part of the "soundtrack of my life" as an Angeleno. Vin Scully, Chick Hearn, Dr. George Fischbeck, Huell Howser, Jerry Dunphy, Richard Blade, Dr. Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 51July 6, 2019 8:16 AM

hopefully only repub homes are damaged

best wishes to all the Democrats and liberals

by Anonymousreply 52July 6, 2019 8:22 AM

^^^(p.s. how could I forget Steve Edwards?)

by Anonymousreply 53July 6, 2019 8:23 AM

[quote]What is the difference between rolling and shaking?

Rolling is extremely euphoric. Shaking, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 54July 6, 2019 8:34 AM

The "rollers" feel like you're on a boat in the ocean, swaying side to side. Sometimes it's very gentle...sometimes it's more intense, like tonight...but still kind of giddy-fun? The "jolters" (like the Northridge quake) feel like a giant has picked up your house/building and slammed it to the ground....and then started shaking it violently, back & forth .

by Anonymousreply 55July 6, 2019 8:57 AM

Maybe the New Madrid fault will get triggered and somehow swallow up Mitch McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 56July 6, 2019 12:53 PM

If I lived in an earthquake prone area I would have something like this over my bed, with a steel cover on top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 6, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote] Vin Scully, Chick Hearn, Dr. George Fischbeck, Huell Howser, Jerry Dunphy, Richard Blade, Dr. Lucy.

Am I chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 58July 6, 2019 3:22 PM

Are you saying Dr. Lucy is part of the soundtrack of your life, R51? The soundtrack? Of your Life? Did you say, "Lucy" or "Loo See"? Who Is this Doctor Loo See? I know Lucille Ball was known as Lucy. Do you mean Lucy Ricardo? Oh, Look over here. A cracked pool. Now how do you think That happened, R51? Cameron, get a shot of all that water...

by Anonymousreply 59July 6, 2019 6:30 PM

I lived through the Big Bear quake in 1992.

Being from the east coast, I had no idea what was happening. It threw me out of my bed.

It was early morning and the electric transformers were exploding on top of their poles. It was really something.

That was only a 6.1. I can only imagine what this one was like.

Also, it was the day of the gay pride parade in West Hollywood. I should have seen it as a sign.

by Anonymousreply 60July 6, 2019 6:52 PM

Dr. Lucy was juicy, but terribly drab

by Anonymousreply 61July 6, 2019 7:25 PM

[quote]If I lived in an earthquake prone area I would have something like this over my bed, with a steel cover on top.

And what happens if you're not in bed when the big one hits?

by Anonymousreply 62July 7, 2019 2:04 AM

With a well-chosen chapeau, one need not fret over falling objects.

by Anonymousreply 63July 7, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]California shouldn't be growing all the food. The rest of the nation is better suited for it.

There is a reason why most agriculture is confined to the Southwest. California's outrageous laws have saved your food supply. You should be more grateful

by Anonymousreply 64July 7, 2019 3:26 AM

[quote] Vin Scully, Chick Hearn, Dr. George Fischbeck, Huell Howser, Jerry Dunphy, Richard Blade, Dr. Lucy.

Huuell Hoooowser? Well by golly I remember him! Huuell!!!! Suuch a pleasure to watch him! Is that thee admiral over there? Guuuuuuys, come look it’s the admiral. Make sure you get a shot of thiiiiiiiis! He remembers Huuell Hooooowser!

by Anonymousreply 65July 7, 2019 3:31 AM

California has turned into a cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 66July 7, 2019 3:38 AM

Next week we’ll visit a cesspool. A real cesspool! Doesn’t that sound great fellows? I’m sure we’ll meet some kind, if ripe, gents at the cesspool shop. We’ll try to ignore everything but their kindness!

by Anonymousreply 67July 7, 2019 3:44 AM

Is that the best you've got, R67?

by Anonymousreply 68July 7, 2019 4:33 AM

I loved Dr. Lucy Jones. She was smart, articulate and snarky.

by Anonymousreply 69July 7, 2019 4:34 AM

Honestly, how did Huell Howser ever get on the air?

by Anonymousreply 70July 7, 2019 4:40 AM

Blame Entertainment Tonight.

by Anonymousreply 71July 7, 2019 12:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 7, 2019 1:37 PM

Behind every great man.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 7, 2019 1:40 PM

[quote] Careful what you wish for, say goodby to your internet, cell phone, Ipad, and all the technology we invented for you fly over bitches.

Typical. And wrong, certainly about the internet.

The creation of what would become known as the internet was invented by a collection of different entities with the largest amount of credit belonging to Bell Labs.

And Bell Labs was NOT based in California. Currently based in Murray Hill, New Jersey, but with other branches in other parts of the US.

I don't think Bell Labs even had any branches in California when the internet came to exist.

by Anonymousreply 74July 7, 2019 3:18 PM

I adored Huell. Howser. I always wanted to cuddle with him. Is that a photo of his bf or is that the mysterious Cameron who he always talked to but who we never saw (being the cameraman)? And to bring this back to earthquakes, Huell once did a great piece--for him--on the Egyptian Theater which was heavily damaged in the Northridge quake. I believe it lost a good portion of one wall. Huell, though, got distracted by a light on the wall or something.

by Anonymousreply 75July 7, 2019 4:55 PM

[quote]Well, California wants to break away from the US anyway. This is a good time to start.

Those of you taking this opportunity to talk shit about CA and its residents need to be careful what you wish for. Life in the US would be much, much worse without the fifth largest economy in the world providing the tax dollars that prop up the worthless, low-tax red states and their opioid-addicted, sister-fucking Cheeto-eaters forever on 'disability'. You need us, quite desperately.

This country is nothing without California.

by Anonymousreply 76July 7, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote] The creation of what would become known as the internet was invented by a collection of different entities with the largest amount of credit belonging to Bell Labs. And Bell Labs was NOT based in California.

That would be false. Bell Labs along with many others came a long after the idea of the internet was starting to be put into place. All they did was push the ball a little further.

by Anonymousreply 77July 8, 2019 3:37 AM

Magnitude 4.3 earthquake widely felt around San Francisco Bay Area

by Anonymousreply 78July 17, 2019 4:26 AM

r78

4.3....LOL

That is less than what happens when Oprah jogs in San Francisco without her bra.

by Anonymousreply 79July 17, 2019 4:29 AM

R51 Lucy Jones is a rabid, narcissistic liar and not much of a scientist.

Her colleagues despise(d) her.

She left where she'd been for a long time because everyone was fed up with her.

There's a saying among seismologists that the most dangerous place to be after an earthquake is between Lucy Jones and a TV camera.

by Anonymousreply 80July 17, 2019 4:31 AM

Hu? R80, Who is they? She's had that job at Cal Tech for decades. You are pulling all that shade out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 81July 17, 2019 11:50 AM

R80 is an earthquake.

by Anonymousreply 82July 17, 2019 11:59 AM

Another earthquake hit Ridgecrest. A 4.5 by the looks of it. I felt the minor rumble as well. Looks like it was the same place one occurred last month! Anyone else feel that?

by Anonymousreply 83August 22, 2019 8:55 PM

4.5 is more like a Chrissy Metz fart.

It's nothing.

by Anonymousreply 84August 22, 2019 9:02 PM

WTF happens if Metz or Winfrey orgasm?

by Anonymousreply 85August 23, 2019 2:29 AM

It would make the Boston molasses disaster seem like two teens twistin' taffy.

by Anonymousreply 86August 23, 2019 2:36 AM

[quote] WTF happens if Metz or Winfrey orgasm?

The West Coast will fall into the Pacific Ocean!

by Anonymousreply 87August 23, 2019 4:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!