Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Music War: Taylor Swift vs. Scooter Braun over her masters

Scooter's wife piped in, Justin Bieber also piped in with atrocious spelling and grammar.

And Demi Lovato continues to strive for relevancy by inserting herself into the drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2019 1:36 PM

Taylor constantly makes herself look like a whiny, petty, little bitch. I'm sure her father isn't torn up over this, since he bought a stake in Big Machine in order to start her career, I'm sure he saw a big return on his investment. Big Machine, owed her nothing, she used them to build her career and then left for Republic as soon as her contract was up.

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2019 3:38 AM

It was a $300 million deal and I am damned if I can imagine how Taylor's catalog is worth that much.

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2019 3:40 AM

It's Taylor's first six albums. There are a LOT of hits and well-known tracks.

Scooter was VERY smart to buy Big Machine, even for just those Taylor records. 1989 alone has a number of well known songs.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2019 3:44 AM

R2 It isn't just her catalog, though I am sure it is a big part of it. Other artists currently on Big Machine and their imprints include Reba(her newer releases), Sugarland, Rascal Flats, Sheryl Crow, Thomas Rhett, Florida Georgia Line, and Lady Antebellum, among others. These are some valuable artists.

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2019 3:48 AM

Who names their kid Scooter?

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2019 3:57 AM

She should have kept her publishing rights.

All she needs to do is look at the Beatles and their songs being used in shitty commercials. The same for Whitney Houston. Good Lord, there is some tacky, revolting commercial for Amazon with one of her songs. It's a disgrace to her memory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2019 4:14 AM

R6 I think she does still have publishing rights, what was sold was the masters of her recordings and archive rights to those recordings.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2019 4:17 AM

Popping in to say I just watched Taylor perform “as tears go by” with the Rolling Stones. I hadn’t seen it before and all I can say is, PEE-YOO! What a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2019 4:36 AM

DL fave Todrick Hall has also inserted himself into this mess. He accurately calls Scooter a greedy pig.

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2019 4:42 AM

His real name is Scott. Apparently. How quick Bieber comes to the defense of the dude who sold his virgin anus to the highest bidder!

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2019 4:47 AM

Toddrick Hall should have sat there and ate his food. Now he got exposed for stealing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2019 5:30 AM

Here come the receipts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2019 7:51 AM

[Quote] His real name is Scott. Apparently. How quick Bieber comes to the defense of the dude who sold his virgin anus to the highest bidder!

And yet Demi chose to sign with him 😐

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2019 7:56 AM

Mediocrity all around this entire story.

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2019 10:18 AM

Bieber should not attempt to string words together on social media. Jeesh. Does Taylor always have to have beef with someone? As ignorant as Bieber comes across in his post, he is right that the Ice Queen should have refrained from writing a scathing blog like that.

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2019 12:34 PM

It’s easy to side with Braun and Bieber on this one.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2019 1:30 PM

I like how Bieber called her out on social media for calling out Braun on social media

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2019 1:52 PM

R15 yeah his statement is almost as pitiful as his wife's face.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2019 5:10 PM

R18 whose wife?

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2019 5:12 PM

How is this Scooters fault. She and her wealthy daddy, along with his expensive lawyers, signed that deal. If she had $300 million for the company, then she should have spoken up. This is like me being upset if my company sold itself to to the Mercer’s or Koch Industries. It would suck, but under my employment contract, it’s not something I can control.

Taylor should be more upset about the fact that her best days are behind her, like Dianna Ross following her switch to RCA. Her label made her a superstar and gave her all the support she needed to obtain a string of hits.

Her drama seems so childish.

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2019 5:44 PM

T-squad member Cara Delevingne has now also jumped into the fray after Haley left a comment on Justin's IG supporting him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2019 7:08 PM

Not sure who's uglier in R21's photo.

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2019 7:39 PM

I really loathe Taylor Swift, but I'm with her on this one. The music industry is a cruel, sick business and I'm glad she's exposing the sleazy things that music executives do to fuck over their artists. Scott Borchetta is a right wing, Donald Trump loving hack and Scooter Braun is a homophobe who supports right wing Christian cults. The fact that they see Taylor as nothing more than a piece of flesh to exploit for profit shows who is the greater evil in this fight. Taylor is obviously not free from sin, but her fight is a fight for all artists who wish to control their work and artistic expression. This fight has been happening since the days of Motown and it's sad that it still continues to this day. It's time artists to assert their rights and form a union like their actor brethren. That way, this type of abusive relationship can be collectively bargained out of existence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2019 8:04 PM

Beiber seems to be taunting her in his post. I wonder if he put up some of the money to buy the record company. It sure sounds like it.

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2019 8:20 PM

R28 Why should artists own something, that other's paid to make? Taylor Swift is just one of these people that thinks they are the most important person in existence and that everything must orbit around them. She screwed them over, so they had every right to screw her over.

Neither Scooter nor Scott are right wing. Scott Borchetta, was a Hillary donor, in fact the only donation he has made to a Republican, according to Open Secrets, is Marsha Blackburn. Scooter Braun has given exclusively to Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2019 8:24 PM

[quote] Mediocrity all around this entire story.

Hear hear.

If Taylor wanted control of her music she had years and tens of millions of dollars with which to make the arrangements. No sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 26July 1, 2019 8:33 PM

R25 If artists create something, they should have the right to ownership of it. Taylor offered to pay for the masters. Scott (who purposely donated to a candidate that Taylor opposed to be spiteful) refused. No one disputes that record labels put up funds to finance recordings, but when artists are willing to pay for the rights back to their music, labels should be obligated to accept a fair offer. That was denied to Taylor. To then sell it to Justin Bieber's mentor, a supporter of homophobic Hill Song Church, is a major insult. Much of their other right wing support is covert and the business deal was personally done to screw Taylor over. All of Scott and Scooter's actions have been spiteful and their reaction to her post prove her point. This situation wouldn't happen if there was a collective bargaining agreement that gave artists first digs on buying their work or allowing them to own their masters after a certain period of time. It should be a lesson for other artists, but also an opportunity for Taylor to lead the fight for artistic justice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2019 8:35 PM

Social justice for pre-packaged autotuned artistes !

by Anonymousreply 28July 1, 2019 8:43 PM

[Quote] If Taylor wanted control of her music she had years and tens of millions of dollars with which to make the arrangements.

She was under contract until recently and couldn't buy her masters until it was completed. The whole point is that when Taylor went to try to buy the masters when she was legally able to do so, he didn't bargain with her on fair terms. Scott knew that her work was the only thing that made his Big Machine label valuable to sell to another buyer so he wasn't going to allow her to take away the only asset that would make him a profit. Scott not only refused to sell the masters to her with a fair deal, but he then went ahead and sold it to someone he knew she had poor professional relations with. If Taylor had resigned with Scott, like was proposed on the table, then he still would have sold the label to Scooter Bruan and she'd be in a Kesha situation making music for someone who personally despised her. She at least dodged that bullet, but it cost her control of her work. That's objectively a shitty situation, regardless on whether you like her or not (for the record, I loathe her). This isn't about your personal feelings for her, it's about artists getting screwed over by record executives and viciously using, abusing and then disposing them when they are no longer valuable to them. That type of conduct needs to change and I hope she's successful in leading the charge towards ending it.

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2019 8:44 PM

R27 Taylor was offered all her masters to sign a new contract, she refused. A business should not have to sale their property to an artist, just because they want them. Recordings are a product of multiple creatives not just, the name "artist," what about the studio musicians, producers, mixers, etc...

Where do you get Scooter is a supporter of Hill Song, he is Jewish. Also, Scott Borchetta donated to Marsha Blackburn, months before Taylor Swift got involved in the race, so it wasn't to spite Taylor.

Taylor is nothing more than a vapid little brat.

R29 That is wrong, the company has many other artists that makes the company valuable. She is the one who acted like Big Machine was disposable when it they were no longer valuable to her. If it wasn't for Big Machine, no one would have ever heard of Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2019 8:51 PM

R29 Do you think people here like Taylor Swift or give a fuck about her 'troubles'? We don't

R30 Wish we had never heard of the brat

by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2019 9:30 PM

R31

[Quote] Do you think people here like Taylor Swift

No, that's why I said.

[Quote] This isn't about your personal feelings for her

It seems most of you can't put aside your personal feelings to see that this is a labor dispute against a greedy corporation. Since I would assume that most of you are workers, your support should be for other workers, despite how much money they have. The fact that you can't do that is why income inequality is so pervasive in this society. It turns into a fight of rich workers vs poor workers or union vs non union workers as opposed to workers (collective) against exploitative capitalists where it rightfully belongs.

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote] It seems most of you can't put aside your personal feelings to see that this is a labor dispute against a greedy corporation.

No we just don't care.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2019 9:43 PM

R33 If you don't care, why are you still commenting?

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2019 9:46 PM

R34 Cause we have to tell you Swifties the truth, we care little about her, her shit music or troubles she herself created

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2019 9:48 PM

That "greedy" corporation is/was partly owned by her family. The company was put up for sale in October 2018. This isn't something out of the blue. She had plenty of time, to put together a group of investors and buy the company herself. She didn't so now she has to deal with those consequences.

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2019 10:08 PM

R35 You could just show that you don't care by saying nothing at all. Continuing to comment indicates that you care more than you let on.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote] [R33] If you don't care, why are you still commenting?

Because a) I'm bored b) this is a story with no clear protagonist and c) it costs nothing to post a comment.

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2019 10:16 PM

Kim Kardashian will come for her again.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2019 10:20 PM

This is not a labor dispute with a greedy corporation, it’s the natural result of (a) our poorly-designed copyright/IP/art ownership legal structure, and (b) the fact that many musicians sign contracts with large corporate entities before they have fame, the leverage that comes with it, or good legal counsel. They take that trade for a better shot at the very-rare outcome of superstardom. Taylor is the latest “victim” on a long list of people including Prince and the Beatles, plus tons of other people who will never have her stature or riches. She has the fame and money to try and shake up the system if she wants to, but I doubt she will. This is most likely just an effort to exert public pressure on Scooter to help Taylor with a future negotiation for the sale of the masters he now owns.

That being said, Scooter, Justin, etc are trash in their own ways as well. Wonder if the wedge that drove Taylor and Karlie apart was Karlie’s business relationship with Scooter?

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]This is most likely just an effort to exert public pressure on Scooter to help Taylor with a future negotiation for the sale of the masters he now owns.

Yep, this. This is exactly what she is doing. She is drumming up as much attention as possible by bringing Bieber and Kim Kardashian (really? Talk about flogging a dead horse).

I have little respect for Taylor Swift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote]Does Taylor always have to have beef with someone?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2019 10:55 PM

R40 You are ignoring a major difference between Taylor Swift and those other artists, her father was a major investor in the company. This wasn't her signing with a major company in hopes of stardom. Her family invested in the company, and helped to grow the company. Big Machine was NOT a major company when she signed, it was a small startup.

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2019 11:06 PM

Don't know why Scooter felt the need to make Justin, Ariana and Demi get involved. Makes them look stupid.

by Anonymousreply 44July 2, 2019 4:41 AM

R44 He probably didn't. It appears that they got involved on their own.

by Anonymousreply 45July 2, 2019 4:57 AM

R44, Ariana hasn't gotten involved.

by Anonymousreply 46July 2, 2019 5:39 AM

Demi Lovato inserts herself into everything.

Bitch will NEVER be Taylor/Ariana-level A-list pop star.

She'll always be C-list level.

by Anonymousreply 47July 2, 2019 5:43 AM

R46 yes, she did. She congratulated Scooter on Instagram and then deleted it.

by Anonymousreply 48July 2, 2019 5:48 AM

R48, That's not really getting involved. She posted that before Taylor went on her rampage. Ariana then immediately deleted her post because she probably knew the mess that was coming.

Demi is messy, but she's real and I like her.

by Anonymousreply 49July 2, 2019 5:54 AM

R49 they're all messy. But I really don't think signing with Scooter was a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 50July 2, 2019 8:45 AM

She’s a cunt, I’m glad someone is trolling her.

She probably deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 51July 2, 2019 9:01 AM

Taylor is the weirdest big time pop star ever. She's so boring. And this suit is boring.

by Anonymousreply 52July 2, 2019 10:17 AM

The problem with Taylor is that she frames everything as being a victim, and as being a victim representative of womankind.

No matter how much people hate talking about privilege, she is swimming in it.

by Anonymousreply 53July 2, 2019 10:37 AM

Taylor Swift supposedly just recently liked a comment from a fan that suggest Justin Bieber cheated on Selena.

by Anonymousreply 54July 2, 2019 7:32 PM

I'm not a fan of hers but she has a right to be upset. And the man is clearly a douche.

by Anonymousreply 55July 2, 2019 7:39 PM

I believe I did actually call her 'the creeping fog that is Demi Lovato' on this very board last year.

and I was RIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 56July 2, 2019 7:45 PM

Ellen Page's wife is now jumping in claiming that Justin paid her less than minimum wage, that he degrades women and supports an anti-lgbtq church.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 2, 2019 7:48 PM

r27 she was offered the ability to buy back her masters in a 1 for 1 - meaning she could buy back her old for every new album. Not really a good deal because it creates a vicious cycle. In addition to that, it was a 10 album deal tying her up for at least another 10 years before she owned all her own music. What would have been right was for Scott to tell Taylor "I have an offer for 300 million for your first 6 albums, if you can match it, they are yours." But I am guessing the 300 million was for the whole company.

by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2019 7:57 PM

I was watching the Today show today and Carson Daly chimed in. He compared Taylor to a factory worker in an automotive factory asking "does a line worker own the car?"

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2019 7:59 PM

I usually on Swift’s side, but not in this case. I was a professional songwriter for years. I had publishing deals, and the publisher owned the rights to my songs. Sure, I got the royalties, but I could not control who sang the songs and where they were placed. I know a lot of other writers who were upset about that — and some who nearsightedly would not sign deals because of it — but I didn’t give a shit. If they did their job and worked to get as much exposure for the song as possible, I was happy.

So Swift doesn’t own her masters. Big fucking deal. There are so few artists on major labels who do; that’s why a lot of newer artists self-release or sign to indies. If owning her masters was such a big deal to Swift, she shouldn’t have signed with Borschetta. She was ok with Big Machine owning her masters until she became massively successful, which was a result of Borschetta’s hard work. (He is determined and aggressive as hell, and it’s unlikely Swift would have happened as much as she did if she were at another label.)

But are we really supposed to feel sorry for her? Is she really trying to get our sympathy? Does she really think the general public cares about the needs and alleged abuse of people who are as successful as rich as she is? She is misguided, and has not even a toe on the real world anymore. I used to love her music when her lyrics were remarkable at painting pictures of everyday life and problems. Now, though, her songs have no bearing on an semblance of real life or emotions, and I stopped listening to her a few albums back.

And: if she wanted her masters badly enough, she could have worked out the deal with Big Machine to earn her masters back one at a time. If she were concerned about the company being sold after she signed, she could have fought for a clause which stipulated that all the masters would revert to her if and when the company were sold.

I used to defend Swift from the haters — a friend of mine was in her band for years when se started out, and I heard a lot about how wonderful Swift was to her fans and her band — but I don’t think any part of that women is left. Her recent complaints show how tone-deaf and irrational she is.

by Anonymousreply 60July 2, 2019 7:59 PM

r60 - I don't think her problem is not owning her masters - she seemed resigned to the fact it was not going to happen in negotiations. I think her problem is Scott sold it to Scooter who she has a problem with and she found out either the night before or day of, depending on who you believe.

by Anonymousreply 61July 2, 2019 8:02 PM

That is exactly it R61. Taylor hates all the right people. I'm a fan of hers for that reason alone. And she is good to her fans, her band, her friends and the LGBTs.

by Anonymousreply 62July 2, 2019 9:35 PM

Not sure what the saddest part of Biebs is: His atrocious statement, his Honey Boo Boo-esque family, or his homely, doggy style only wife.

by Anonymousreply 63July 2, 2019 9:48 PM

R58 That is how SHE is characterizing the offer. However that is not what the documents that Big Machine has released said. Taylor Swift would have gotten her masters and all the other materials, not on a one of one basis, but would have received them all immediately upon signing the new contract.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2019 9:59 PM

This article correctly details all of Taylor lies and manipulations. I think she's a sociopath, and most definitely a raging narcissist.

Sia tweeted a note of support for Scooter and Taylor's psycho fans are bullying her like I've never seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2019 10:08 PM

Taylor's new single is flopping hard, just like her lead single did last month. This is the second era in a row that has underperformed. She hasn't had a big hit song in over 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 66July 2, 2019 10:19 PM

r66 Hi Scooter -

Taylor Swift's Reputation Stadium Tour[2] was the fifth concert tour by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift, in support of her sixth studio album, Reputation (2017). The tour began on May 8, 2018 in Glendale and concluded on November 21, 2018 in Tokyo, comprising 53 concerts. The tour was attended by 2,888,892 fans and grossed $345,700,000 in revenue, becoming Swift’s most successful tour to date, and the 13th highest grossing concert tour of all time.

Yup she is flopping hard.

by Anonymousreply 67July 2, 2019 11:29 PM

[Quote] Taylor Swift supposedly just recently liked a comment from a fan that suggest Justin Bieber cheated on Selena.

Suggest??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 3, 2019 2:31 AM

Ya think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 3, 2019 2:41 AM

Her last tour was much more expensive than the previous ones even though she didn't sell out the venues. The concerts were papered like made. She have away thousands of tickets in Dublin.

by Anonymousreply 70July 3, 2019 1:11 PM

r70- what?

by Anonymousreply 71July 3, 2019 2:45 PM

Even the great Prince himself went through major drama over his masters. It's the reason he stopped performing as Prince and changed his name to that symbol.

Music artists are getting fucked over all the time, no reason to celebrate it no matter who it is happening to. If you love music root for the artists.

by Anonymousreply 72July 6, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]no reason to celebrate it no matter who it is happening to. If you love music root for the artists.

No.

by Anonymousreply 73July 6, 2019 8:57 PM

worst. investment. ever.

by Anonymousreply 74July 6, 2019 9:21 PM

R72. I'm not so sure. If the record companies don't own the rights to the masters, they have fewer opportunities to profit from them, and, thus, less money to break an artist. Sure, it sucks for the artists who get huge and want to control their catalogue a little more, but without the incentive and extra revenue stream, the labels would not be able to sign or break new artists. If the artist is that interest in owning their masters, they shouldn't sign with a major label. It is not like this is a secret; everyone in the industry knows about this. And I think its petty of an artist to be ok with it just to get in the door, and then later scream they are being exploited.

by Anonymousreply 75July 6, 2019 10:57 PM

[quote]Scott Borchetta, was a Hillary donor, in fact the only donation he has made to a Republican, according to Open Secrets, is Marsha Blackburn.

Marsha Cuntburn is an especially heinous piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 76July 6, 2019 11:11 PM

It came out that Universal Music Group, Sony and Warners all bid for Big Machine, but Scooter had the highest bid and won. Universal owns Taylor's new record label, Republic Records.

I read that everybody in the music biz has known about the impending sale for the last 5 months, including Taylor. Her father is still a part-owner.

Nashville is ecstatic about the sale, because it infuses $300 million into the Nashville economy and puts the city on a level to compete with LA and NYC. Music people in Nashville expect a lot more investors to come in the next few years. Lots of money to be made. Plus, Scooter knows how to make country music the hottest genre in music. It's a win for everybody.

My cousin works for a Nashville record label and he said that Taylor abandoned the city.

by Anonymousreply 77July 6, 2019 11:26 PM

Here is where I will defend Swift, R77. If you were a pop idol and no longer dabbled in the country market, and your label was no longer based in Nashville, and you were worth millions and millions, would you stay in Nashville? There is no longer any need for her to be in Nashville, although she still comes to town occasionally for press purposes, and still has her condo in the Adelecia. But does she still live here? No. Why would she?

by Anonymousreply 78July 7, 2019 1:41 AM

Big Machine Records closes early due threats received.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 16, 2019 8:03 PM

Who do we think will blink first?

by Anonymousreply 80November 16, 2019 8:22 PM

I thought that there were rumors of health issues and that some of her weight gain was attributed to steroid treatment - anyone have recent info?

by Anonymousreply 81November 16, 2019 8:23 PM

Taylor is an odds on favorite to headline Glastonbury next summer, along with Kendrick, and in honor of the 50th anniversary, Macca.

That, along with the AMA award hardly suggests she is a has been.

Is the AMA performance still on? If yes, how will they get around the ban on her singing songs from her first 6 albums?

by Anonymousreply 82November 16, 2019 8:26 PM

Where is the boybander/Markle troll to screech about Azoff?

Powerful ally for Taylor. Braun and Beebs seem to have their little hive mind of taunting her going on but it may blow up in a way they did not anticipate. Time will tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 16, 2019 8:30 PM

Now Scooter is interacting with minors on the interwebs,, urging them to get Swift to call him. It all seem, well, odd.

by Anonymousreply 84November 17, 2019 2:26 AM

It’s impossible to take sides when they’re both horrible people. I look at their feud the same way I look at two vultures fighting over a carcass, and I hope this ends with both of their careers biting the dust.

by Anonymousreply 85November 17, 2019 2:35 AM

[Quote] urging them to get Swift to call him.

So he can record her like Kim did lol. Or vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 86November 17, 2019 3:56 AM

White people drama.

by Anonymousreply 87November 17, 2019 6:44 AM

Scooter appears to be attempting to claim a different position, that he has been trying to broker a partnership with Swift since June. I guess we will see what evidence there is of that.

The insta with him, Kanye and Beiber really did look like bullying, and I do not like any of these people. In light of the history, it is believable that they denied the licenses for AMA and Netflix to try to force her not to re-record. Seems dumb, think that would up the value of what they currently control, no?

Will she perform tonight at the AMAs? Will she sing her old music?

by Anonymousreply 88November 17, 2019 1:54 PM

r88 she can't Braun and her old record company told her it was akin to re-recording her old tracks before she is allowed. The issue for Swift is not that Borchetta sold her masters, its that he sold the them to Scooter Braun, knowing how she feels about him. I guess Swift thought she left on good terms, turns out Borchetta harbored a grudge. The did a forensic accounting of royalties and it turns out Big Machine owes Taylor over 7 million in royalties.

by Anonymousreply 89November 17, 2019 2:09 PM

Now Scooter is trying to paint himself in a better light and edge Borchetta close to the bus wheels. They almost make Swift a sympathetic figure. McCartney, Prince and George Michael would all be Team Taylor after all.

Wonder what she will sing, or not sing, at AMAs?

by Anonymousreply 90November 18, 2019 2:34 AM

In life, when you are surrounded by misadventure and unfair treatment and endless feuds, at some point, you have to wonder - is it me?

Yes, Taylor - it’s you.

by Anonymousreply 91November 18, 2019 3:20 AM

[QUOTE] White people drama.

And Indians kimo sabe.

The private equity industry has once again drawn the ire of Senator Elizabeth Warren -- this time over its financing of a record label.

Carlyle Group LP helped finance celebrity manager Scooter Braun’s acquisition of Big Machine Label Group LLC, pop star Taylor Swift’s former record label, where she recorded her first six albums. Swift has claimed the label has blocked her efforts to buy back her music and from performing her biggest hits in public. Big Machine has disputed Swift’s version of events.

The Warren tweet follows an earlier one by U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, who said that the private equity industry is holding Swift’s music “hostage” and also called for greater limits on the industry.

Carlyle has been involved with Braun since at least 2017, and helped finance his acquisition of Big Machine in June with an equity investment. The firm has no operational control of the label.

by Anonymousreply 92November 18, 2019 4:48 AM

Don't let it fool you, Scooter and Borchetta love all this drama because all it does is raise the value of the catalog. They are afraid when Taylor re-records all of her previous albums and re-releases them it will seriously devalue the catalog. They have from now until next Nov to sell that catalog so they are driving up the price with made-up drama.

by Anonymousreply 93November 18, 2019 7:51 PM

What happened to Bieber? He looks like shit. Wasn't he a twink 5 years ago? He hit the wall hard.

I guess drugs and black semen will do that to you

by Anonymousreply 94November 18, 2019 8:36 PM

I think she should re-record her masters. It sounds like a ton of work and expense but she’s a damn good artist. I could see her adding extra tracks, like duets with Ryan Adams and others who’ve covered her songs.

by Anonymousreply 95November 18, 2019 10:47 PM

Prince was robbed even of the use of his name by his label and he was not white last time I checked.

It seemed as though the AMA situation had been resolved, but after a series of conflicting statements by the label, it is unclear. If all that has to be walked back the drama will have gone up 100%. Are Scott and Braun always so messy and unprofessional. They keep trying to create impressions that are not true, in this case Dick Clark Productions called it out and refused to play along.

I am no fan of Taylor but these guys are unprofessiona and douchey. And even more exhausting than Swift, which is saying something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 19, 2019 1:50 AM

Why has Gainer Swift put on so much weight? Her thighs are huge.

by Anonymousreply 97November 19, 2019 1:51 AM

R96, It's not Scooter who's the main problem. It's Scott Borchetta who actually runs Big Machine Records. Braun is said to be furious with him, since his name is being dragged through the mud.

The confusion about the AMAs is that Scooter says she CAN sing her past hits, but Borchetta says NO. And since Borchetta runs the record company, he has the final say.

by Anonymousreply 98November 19, 2019 1:58 AM

Borchetta is creepy as fuck. He really gives me the creeps. I remember when he was on American Idol every time he said he would help artists, I got a chill.

Scooter must regret going into business with the devil.

by Anonymousreply 99November 19, 2019 2:33 AM

R97 what does that have to do with the thread?

by Anonymousreply 100November 19, 2019 2:43 AM

Why attribute a statement as being joint with Dick Clark Productions, when it was not? Clearly they think they can fuck with Swift, but this is the group that runs the AMAs. They are fast losing any credibility. I strongly suspect drugs are involved, this is so high profile and their behavior is bizzare. Are they so in hive mind that they cannot perceive how they are coming across in their industry?

It does give a sense of what Swift has been forced to deal with. If not on drugs, surely one or the other is mentally ill. There is no other explaination for how today played out. And if the claim is that the efforts of Borchetta built her career, it would appear that she succeeded in spite of his instability.

What jackasses. So is Kanye, but he is bipolar. What excuse do Borchetta and Braun have?

by Anonymousreply 101November 19, 2019 3:09 AM

I still don't understand the AMA thing. They can prohibit her from singing her own songs, that she wrote? Can she still sing them in her concerts?

by Anonymousreply 102November 19, 2019 3:32 AM

It’s not that fucking hard, r102. Have you read the thread?

Borchetta has the right to refuse Swift the ability to re-record the songs he owns for before some point in 2020.

As the AMAs are recorded and are rescreened, Swift performing said songs while being televised counts as her re-recording them.

She threw a tantrum, incited her fans to harass him, Braun and Braun’s clients on social media and he gave in.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 103November 19, 2019 5:15 AM

So she can't perform her old songs on a live TV special because that would constitute a "re-recording" of the songs?

by Anonymousreply 104November 19, 2019 5:25 AM

She can perform the old songs on stage of a TV special because the rights owner has given permission.

by Anonymousreply 105November 19, 2019 8:03 AM

Don't worry too much about it Tay Tay. In the grand scheme of things it won't be that long before people will be hearing your name and saying "who the heck is that?".

by Anonymousreply 106November 19, 2019 9:58 AM

I'm definitely on Taylor's side with this, and I think it's good that she's speaking out about things like this to hopefully prevent it happening to other people. The music industry is fucked up and it needs powerful popular voices calling people out on their shit to sort it out. Plus, anyone who is supported by human cum stain Justin Bieber is obviously evil, so I hope they get taken DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 107November 19, 2019 10:33 AM

[quote]The music industry is fucked up and it needs powerful popular voices calling people out on their shit to sort it out.

People - in this case Taylor's father who invested in Big Machine and signed her to it - need to stop signing record companies who create these deals. It's that simple. Go independent, struggle for 20 years until you can afford to create your own publishing company so you can own your own written works and own your own masters. Don't sign a record deal at 16 if you don't want to deal with the consequences of the law. The only person she needs to be mad at is pops.

[quote] I think it's good that she's speaking out about things like this to hopefully prevent it happening to other people

Speaking out, of course, does nothing but draw attention to the speaker. Unless her current record company does not create similar deals with newly signed artists, then nothing will change, which is why I'm as ever a little suspect of Taylor positing herself as a freedom fighter.

by Anonymousreply 108November 19, 2019 11:06 AM

Actually, according to the AMAs, R103 it is NOT resolved and what appeared to be a joint statement issued was disavowed by Dick Clark Productions.

B&B keep digging the hole deeper.

by Anonymousreply 109November 19, 2019 12:35 PM

If you read the Variety article, Big Music issued a press release that they claimed was joint with Dick Clark Productions, who puts on the AMAs. DCP has disavowed being part of any agreeement and so nothing seems resolved. Why Borchetta would put out that statement is up for discussion. Pretty high profile thing to cock up, what is he playing at?

by Anonymousreply 110November 19, 2019 12:38 PM

From VARIETY:

UPDATED: In a confusing series of conflicting statements on Monday, Big Machine Records claimed that it had reached an agreement with Dick Clark Productions that would allow Taylor Swift to perform songs from her stint with the label on the American Music Awards this weekend — which was a key point in last week’s public dispute between Swift and her former record company — only to have show producer Dick Clark Productions deny that any such agreement had been reached.

While Big Machine had included DCP in its statements — which it revised at least twice — a statement from DCP clarifies: “At no time did dick clark productions agree to, create, authorize or distribute a statement in partnership with Big Machine Label Group regarding Taylor Swift’s performance at the 2019 American Music Awards. Any final agreement on this matter needs to be made directly with Taylor Swift’s management team. We have no further comment.” A rep for Swift did not immediately respond to Variety‘s requests for additional comment.

by Anonymousreply 111November 19, 2019 12:40 PM

Taylor Swift got fat quickly once she stopped taking Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2019 12:38 AM

R112 define fat??

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2019 2:47 AM

Here she is. Gainer Swift. Thighs like a lumberjack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2019 1:58 AM

Who will be on receiving end of her next spiteful song after only receiving 3 Grammy nominations?

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2019 9:24 AM

R114, love your link to that right wing, racist, Trump supporting website. That explains your brainless comments.

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2019 10:00 AM

[Quote] Who will be on receiving end of her next spiteful song after only receiving 3 Grammy nominations?

How about John Mayer...... again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2019 10:53 AM

John Meyer and simpering, giggling Shawn Mendes are just sad. Quite emasculating to play mean girl on social media in midlife to drum up PR.

Must have been a beard contract with long term provisions, eh?

Taylor and her victim PR are similar to another narrative in the media at present. That said, at times, she has been treated poorly. Ima let you finish comes to mind, as does Prince, frail, shrinking back on stage in fear of a similar outburst/rant.

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2019 11:11 AM

So did this bitch get breast and ass implants? It sure looked like it recently.

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2019 11:17 AM

Where did this bubble butt come from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2019 11:18 AM

R120 looks like she's arching her back.

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2019 1:17 PM

The ass cheeks are round and tumescent now. No matter how much she "arched" she had two pancakes back there a few years prior. Now she looks like she has a couple of ripe melons for ass cheeks. Hmm.

It's an interesting transformation. Natural or implanted?

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2019 1:31 PM

[Quote] It's an interesting transformation. Natural or implanted?

Despite the paps "catching" her going to the gym, i doubt she can be bothered to do squats.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2019 1:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!