Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Connor Jessup

It’s official

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 3, 2019 12:43 AM

The caption/essay:

[quote]I knew I was gay when I was thirteen, but I hid it for years. I folded it and slipped it under the rest of my emotional clutter. Not worth the hassle. No one will care anyway. If I can just keep making it smaller, smaller, smaller.... My shame took the form of a shrug, but it was shame. I’m a white, cis man from an upper-middle class liberal family. Acceptance was never a question. But still, suspended in all this privilege, I balked. It took me years. It’s ongoing. I’m saying this now because I have conspicuously not said it before. I’ve been out for years in my private life, but never quite publicly. I’ve played that tedious game. Most painfully, I’ve talked about the gay characters I’ve played from a neutral, almost anthropological distance, as if they were separate from me. These evasions are bizarre and embarrassing to me now, but at the time they were natural. Discretion was default, and it seemed benign. It would be presumptuous to assume anyone would care, yeah? And anyway, why should I have to say anything? What right do strangers have to the intimate details of my life? These and other background whispers––new, softer forms of the same voices from when I was thirteen, fourteen, fifteen.... Shame can come heavy and loud, but it can come quiet too; it can take cover behind comfort and convenience. But it’s always violent. For me, this discretion has become airless. I don’t want to censor––consciously or not––the ways I talk, sit, laugh, or dress, the stories I tell, the jokes I make, my points of reference and connection. I don’t want to be complicit, even peripherally, in the idea that being gay is a problem to be solved or hushed. I’m grateful to be gay. Queerness is a solution. It’s a promise against cliche and solipsism and blandness; it’s a tilted head and an open window. I value more everyday the people, movies, books, and music that open me to it. If you’re gay, bi, trans, two-spirit or questioning, if you’re confused, if you’re in pain or you feel you’re alone, if you aren’t or you don’t: You make the world more surprising and bearable. To all the queers, deviants, misfits, and lovers in my life: I love you. I love you. Happy Pride!

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2019 11:01 AM

OP is worse than hitler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2019 11:03 AM

[quote]I’m grateful to be gay. Queerness is a solution. It’s a promise against cliche and solipsism and blandness; it’s a tilted head and an open window.

EXACTLY. Well, except for the solipsism part - the countless Instahos of the world prove that's not necessarily the case.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2019 11:03 AM

r2 This is a coming out thread. It needs to be celebrated, rather than just buried in Connor Jessup Part 7 thread, imho.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2019 11:04 AM

Fair point

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2019 11:10 AM

Get naked Connor. Show feet.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2019 11:11 AM

Thank you R4, and I’m not even the OP r2 thinks I am.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2019 11:13 AM

And yet... you didn't put "Comes Out" in either the thread title or main body of the OP...

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2019 11:17 AM

OP still fucked this up. Why is your title just "Connor Jessup". Not "Connor Jessup Comes Out". Maybe even through in a BREAKING to keep with DL traditions.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2019 11:17 AM

How soon before his bf Miles Heizer follows him out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2019 11:19 AM

r9 Sure, but it's not like coming out threads have a long shelf life. Just go back to those regular Part X threads after today.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2019 11:20 AM

r10 Are those two 100% together, or is it mostly conjecture by the fans?

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2019 11:21 AM

I don't typically go into the Connor Jessup threads r10, but I saw he came out and looked to see if we had a coming out thread or if I should start one. Hell, I'm still kinda convinced I should start a better one but I won't bother.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2019 11:23 AM

r12 His mom's instagram has given several pretty heavy clues (family dinners, visits at Halloween) She's not good at subtle, bless her. She seems so proud of everything Connor related

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2019 11:36 AM

R14 Connor has a proud PFLAG mom.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2019 11:39 AM

I thought “it’s official” would be obvious. This being a gay site and other threads, but you dolt fucks need to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2019 11:41 AM

The idiot used the words "Queerness" and "Cis man", so no points for me. Gay should not be included with the word "Queer, or fucking "Queerness", and "Cis" was termed by the tranny's. He should have stayed in the closet instead of adding all the other bullshit words to his coming out post, especially "Queerness".

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2019 11:45 AM

"If you’re gay, bi, trans, two-spirit or questioning, if you’re confused, if you’re in pain or you feel you’re alone, if you aren’t or you don’t: You make the world more surprising and bearable. To all the queers, deviants, misfits, and lovers in my life: I love you. I love you. Happy Pride!"

"Trans, two-spirit, deviants, and queers", what a fucking joke! That's shameful adding those into a supposedly "gay" coming out post. *SPEW*

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2019 11:55 AM

It would have been better for everyone if OP added “comes out” or something to the title

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2019 11:56 AM

r15 Hearing that makes me just as happy as someone coming out.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2019 11:58 AM

I think it is a beautiful and eloquent post.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2019 12:08 PM

R21: Yeah, a tranny, two-spirit, deviant, queer circus performer, would love his post. An actual gay man who actually has respect for himself would NOT give mention to lunatics. Especially in his first public coming out post.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2019 12:16 PM

R22. These days gay is too cold and too mainstream. You have to include everyone now. Gay doesn't exist anymore. "Too broad".

My eyes are rolling.

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2019 12:29 PM

[quote]Yeah, a tranny, two-spirit, deviant, queer circus performer, would love his post. An actual gay man who actually has respect for himself would NOT give mention to lunatics. Especially in his first public coming out post.

Do you respect yourself? Hmmmmm.......

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2019 1:18 PM

Gay Star News mentioned Miles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2019 1:23 PM

R25: So what! "Gay" Star News has a whole dedicated section on their website titled: She & They. So of course they'd cover his coming out post mentioning trans, two-spirit, deviants, and queers. Every "Gay" Online Magazine/Website outlet has been co-opted by it.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2019 1:41 PM

[quote]Maybe even through in a BREAKING to keep with DL traditions.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2019 2:06 PM

[quote] I’m a white, cis man from an upper-middle class liberal family. Acceptance was never a question. But still, suspended in all this privilege, I balked. It took me years.

So, basically he could have played Simon in "Love, Simon." He was even living it. Curses to you Greg Berlanti for going in another direction in casting.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2019 2:23 PM

His tweet linking to his Insta announcement has so few likes, I thought he was a bigger deal for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2019 2:25 PM

He’s so proud to be gay and yet he’s dating a huge closet case.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2019 2:38 PM

His coming out reads like an apology instead of an affirmation of his sexuality.

[quote]I’m a white, cis man from an upper-middle class liberal family

Look how quickly he turns on himself as if his experience in the closet was less legitimate. The closet and the self-hatred and shame it brings doesn't discriminate based on race. To the contrary, it is an aspect that all gays across the spectrum can relate.

[quote] Queerness is a solution [...] bi, trans, two-spirit or questioning

Then he applies disassociation to lessen the shame of his "privilige," of which he has none. As an actor he knows first hand he is treated as a second class citizen. It is not a stretch to ask the public, whom he is addressing in his coming out post, to expect a post focused on his personal journey out of the closet. It's his coming out yet he remains ashamed.

I wish him well and that he gets more confidence as he matures.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2019 2:48 PM

R30: Because the closet case reminds him of himself, when he was in his closet for years and too much of a fucking pussy to come out. It makes the love stronger for him being with a closet case. The guy is an absolute loser and looks like one too.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote]Look how quickly he turns on himself as if his experience in the closet was less legitimate.

It wasn't less legitimate, it was just easier than growing up in a fundamentalist family in Alabama. That's a matter of objective reality, not subjective experience.

[quote]The closet and the self-hatred and shame it brings doesn't discriminate based on race. To the contrary, it is an aspect that all gays across the spectrum can relate.

Sure, but it is a bit different when your parents throw you out on the street, disinherit you, beat you etc... for being gay. That he didn't have to go through any of that (before becoming an actor) is the privilege that he recognizes. But why do I bother; you're never going to get it. You also said in another thread you're proud for being an American because of WeHo, so we already know you're highly disconnected from most people's life experience.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote]It wasn't less legitimate, it was just [bold]easier[/bold]

No it wasn't. He was not less in the closet for being "Connor Jessup" and it clearly didn't make him less miserable based on his coming out story.

He doesn't need to aid those that will shame him for being gay by shaming himself in his own coming out story. There is nothing privilege about a person that is in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2019 3:09 PM

Wow. R17/R18/R22/R23/R31, probably one deranged poster, has gone too far. When someone comes out, it is their story to tell, and if what they want to focus on is their story — and not yours — then that is their prerogative. You're free to make an ass of yourself, amply done with your own (poorly written, I might add) posts. Maybe I'm wrong and R17/R18/R22/R23/R31 come from more than one poster. You're all in the same boat now. Congratulations.

It's ironic that our deranged lunatic(s) does not recognize the position an actor puts himself when coming out while criticising Jessup for being too inclusive and putting his thoughts to pixel.

But do continue telling us who you are. We're listening.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2019 3:11 PM

"It is an aspect that all gays across the spectrum can relate".

If he is talking about gay sexual orientation as meaning more than one thing, like one "gay" guy is 80% gay, the other "gay" guy down the road is 50% gay, and "gay" Billy in the other town is 30% gay; then this guy is a fucking mess! If you are outside of gay sexual orientation on the spectrum even a tiny bit, you are bisexual. It's so fucking simple. There isn't different types of gay sexual orientation. The guy's whole post is littered with confusion and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2019 3:11 PM

R34 Even the fans in his thread make fun of how privileged his life is. His parents are extremely liberal and his mom in particular loves everything gay. He’s very lucky.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2019 3:13 PM

[quote]Wow. [R17]/[R18]/[R22]/[R23]/[R31], probably one deranged poster

Are you a troll something? R31 is me, and I sign my own posts because I like owning what I post. The other posters you list are not my concern and are not of my importance.

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2019 3:14 PM

Is he related to the lesbian schoolteacher Flora Jessup, who was nearly run out of Pasadena?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2019 3:16 PM

Wealth and family dynamics do not make the experience of the closet less traumatic and scarring. I have know people that have committed suicide while being in the closet despite having a wealthy and loving family.

I am assuming many of you are young and are not gay men. No one in their right mind would call a person that recounts a harrowing experience in the closet, as Connor just did, a privileged individual . No one.

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2019 3:19 PM

R35, one of those posters at least has appeared from the BF thread. Not sure why they seem to have an issue with Connor but as always on Datalounge as soon as someone comes out they become hated. Oh well!

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2019 3:19 PM

R35: You can't actually comprehend what was written, because you wouldn't know truth and accuracy if it hit you at a hurricane speed in your fucking stupid skull.

It's NOT inclusive to add circus freaks into gay coming out posts or gay anything. It's pathetic and very unintelligent. We don't give a flying fuck about two spirits, trans, pansexuals, queers, deviants, pedophiles, or any circus freaks that will added in the future. That's NOT diversity, and that's NOT inclusivity. It's insanity and it's not related to gay, homosexual, or homosexuality in general.

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2019 3:21 PM

R41: He didn't just come out as gay and that's it. We would have loved that. Didn't you read all the other bullshit that he wrote in his post!? That's what we are criticising. Do keep up.

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2019 3:28 PM

Oh, wise one @R42, you are so right. How foolish of me to think that diversity includes anyone but... you.

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2019 3:30 PM

R44: You are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2019 3:32 PM

This thread makes me question how "gay friendly" some of the non-gay participants in this forum really are...

R35 sounds like a homophobe instead of a gay man. What do you mean you can't tell someone's posting history?? You certainly can through the ignore feature and then clicking the ignored feature at the top where you will see the list of post from the ignored person. Then, you can undo the "ignored" by clicking the "X" on the right corner.

Jesus, Muriel should start paying me for educating the newbies.

by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2019 3:35 PM

R46: R35 is a homophobe, and very stupid across the board.

by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2019 3:40 PM

R40

[quote]Wealth and family dynamics do not make the experience of the closet less traumatic and scarring.

You are right about this but [bold]he's[/bold] the one that said he didn't have trouble being accepted at home and he is making that clear.

[quote]I am assuming many of you are young and are not gay men.

You are wrong.

[quote]No one in their right mind would call a person that recounts a harrowing experience in the closet, as Connor just did, a privileged individual .

He did that himself. He literally said he was privileged, pointed out the ways he is privileged and said it was still hard but he was [bold]not closeted in his personal life, just public.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2019 3:40 PM

That's the whole point R48!

He erroneously thinks of himself as privileged, which as a closet case it was never the case. He is practically saying he was privileged closet case. Hence, why people a pointing out that his coming out sounded more like and apology than an affirmation.

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2019 3:51 PM

an*

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2019 3:51 PM

This thread is a fucking disaster. Just stick to the regular Connor Jessup thread and stay away from these cunts.

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2019 4:57 PM

[quote] I’m a white, cis man from an upper-middle class liberal family. Acceptance was never a question. But still, suspended in all this privilege....

Oh, good LORD are they ALL going to be singing from this ridiculous hymnal every time they talk about ANYTHING? One's experiences are NOT diminished by being "cis" (a slur!), nor are the experiences of anyone deciding to adopt a "trans" identity the prism through which we should see ANYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2019 5:35 PM

R52, I wish someone would create a Woke Speech Generator where you can type in your English text and it will translate it into Woke.

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2019 5:39 PM

I'm over fifty years old. I have never heard of Connor Jessup to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2019 5:40 PM

R51 I'm with you.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2019 6:26 PM

R52 is a Milo clone looking for things to be offended by.

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2019 6:28 PM

R30 True, that's weird. I doubt Miles will come out now that Connor is out. I think they will continue like they have. I think Miles supports Connor and his decision to come out, but I don't think this necessarily means he will come out or that they will go public as a couple. I just have a feeling something holds him back from coming out and that he's not ready yet. I hope I'm wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2019 6:38 PM

R41 Of course those Richard Madden lunatics would criticize Connor for coming out while praising their own closeted hero. They're hypocrites and basically trolls. Just ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2019 6:42 PM

R42 Oh ffs, he was just trying to be inclusive. It's basically a must for gay people now. You may not like it, but it's the reality.

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2019 6:43 PM

How can any of you question his personal experience, or whatever thoughts that his coming out inspired?

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2019 6:51 PM

What’s Connor’s skin color?

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2019 6:53 PM

[quote] His mom's instagram has given several pretty heavy clues (family dinners, visits at Halloween) She's not good at subtle, bless her. She seems so proud of everything Connor related

She’s his mom, and he’s her kid.

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2019 7:05 PM

I thought he likes Asian girls.

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2019 7:06 PM

I understood the OP immediately and surprised myself by saying "awww." Good for Connor. His words are obviously directed at people who are STILL IN THE CLOSET, not trying to score points with us. It's a beautiful message and he's basically calling out to every glass closet case in the business to reconsider the harm they are doing themselves by playing along.

oracle, I'll believe you're a gay man when you present hole. Reddit AMA proof style.

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2019 7:08 PM

Bealuh! Book me a plane ticket! I got a scrumptious to munch.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2019 7:17 PM

r63 Connor has never given any sign that he's interested in girls, but he did have a reputation for a while as a Rice Queen.

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2019 7:19 PM

Thirteen? Oh honey, try the moment you became conscious of the same sex.

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2019 7:28 PM

[quote]oracle, I'll believe you're a gay man when you present hole. Reddit AMA proof style.

I would never !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2019 7:28 PM

[Quote]It's a beautiful message and he's basically calling out to every glass closet case in the business to reconsider the harm they are doing themselves by playing along.

THIS. He is calling out all the cowardly closet cases in the business, you know... people like Richard Madden.

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2019 7:38 PM

R67 Thirteen is not young enough? WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote]Of course those Richard Madden lunatics would criticize Connor for coming out while praising their own closeted hero. They're hypocrites and basically trolls. Just ignore them.

Let me speak for myself, just in case I am being referenced as the poster upthread *cries*

An honest observation about his coming out is not an attack on the poor boy. As gay men, who better than us to understand what he is going through? I'll repeat it again, his coming out post sounded more like an apology instead of an affirmation of his sexuality.

When you come out and say [bold]I Am GAY[/bold], you fucking own that shit and you don't apologize for anything.

I called out Brandon Flynn for that nefarious interview he did for Variety, and if Richard Madden were to pull the same stunt I would call him out too.

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2019 7:59 PM

I don't think Connor would ever apologize for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2019 8:04 PM

Do we hate him now that he's out and proud?

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2019 8:11 PM

R72 Of course not. In fact he said the opposite in his coming out post. Just ignore the stupid troll.

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2019 8:12 PM

I don't think Connor seemed apologetic about being white or cis. He acknowledged privilege in certain areas while noting that those privileges didn't stop from feeling, and prolonging, shame by remaining closeted.

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2019 8:17 PM

[quote]I don't think Connor would ever apologize for being gay.

I don't either... however the wording pointed that he was... hence we are saying just fucking own it.

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2019 8:21 PM

Who's we? You and the person triggered by the word "cis"?

I have to laugh at telling him to get over anything. His post is assurance itself.

by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2019 8:23 PM

Some people here have poor reading comprehension. Connor's post was beautifully expressed. Our resident trolls, who can't handle inclusion, have a meltdown over anyone broaching their sense of superiority and lash out, R35. Pay them no heed. R77 is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2019 8:41 PM

Andy Cohan

by Anonymousreply 79June 24, 2019 8:46 PM

Connor would never have his child circumcised.

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2019 8:48 PM

Are Canadians not cut ?? Honest question I swear.

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2019 9:02 PM

Lovely essay. May he have a greater life.

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2019 9:20 PM

Big fucking deal. It's not like any of us would ever stand a chance with him.

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2019 11:38 PM

R83 You’d have to get in line behind Miles Heizer.

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2019 11:43 PM

What does 'cis' have to do with being gay?

by Anonymousreply 85June 25, 2019 2:27 AM

[quote]Jesus, Muriel should start paying me for educating the newbies.

Oracle, when you find yourself inspired to type a sentence like that, please take a nap until the urge subsides.

I'm rather impressed by Connor's coming-out message.

by Anonymousreply 86June 25, 2019 3:54 AM

R86, be frank, are you and have you always been at war with EastAsia?

by Anonymousreply 87June 25, 2019 3:58 AM

No r87, it's all mangos, peaches and limes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 25, 2019 4:12 AM

What’s Connor’s skin color?

by Anonymousreply 89June 25, 2019 4:35 AM

Brilliant essay. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 90June 25, 2019 4:37 AM

Mmmkay,lets see how many parts he gets after this .

by Anonymousreply 91June 25, 2019 4:53 AM

If he does go on to be hollywood A-list he will be an icon. Forever remembered at coming out so young, and such a crucial time in his career. This ISN'T some disney twunk; this man has acting chops and the resume to back it up. I'm calling it now. Connor will be the next Leo, Denzel, Deniro of the first half of the twenty first century.

by Anonymousreply 92June 25, 2019 5:15 AM

[quote] Are Canadians not cut ?? Honest question I swear.

Connor is NOT cut.

by Anonymousreply 93June 25, 2019 7:46 AM

R93: Connor has a pencil dick and inverted testicles. It's another reason why he took forever to come out, and is weak overall.

by Anonymousreply 94June 25, 2019 8:25 AM

R93 How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 95June 25, 2019 10:28 AM

Oracle visiting DL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 25, 2019 10:43 AM

r91 Connor's most serious ambition is to direct movies. He's already made 2 short films and a longer documentary on an Asian director. If coming out ruins his career as an actor, it won't ruin his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 25, 2019 2:31 PM

R97 The thing is, I don't believe that coming out actually will have much of an impact at all on his acting offers. That's one of the reasons why his timing (at this point in his career) is really interesting and may just help to usher in a less homophobic/reactionary/closeted era for other actors too.

Whilst he has stated that his acting gigs are just stepping stones to facilitate his true love of directing, I agree with R92 that he genuinely does have A-list potential as an actor, should he wish to pursue it. Even if he doesn't then his coming out will likely have opened doors to potential creative/directing opportunities, rather than closed them.

by Anonymousreply 98June 25, 2019 3:42 PM

[quote]He's already made 2 short films and a longer documentary on an Asian director.

Jeez! You’d think someone would’ve told him to get off the poor man.

by Anonymousreply 99June 25, 2019 4:21 PM

R99, perhaps he is a rice queen?

by Anonymousreply 100June 25, 2019 4:27 PM

R100 must be new around here.

by Anonymousreply 101June 25, 2019 4:28 PM

R100 Literally everyone in the Connor threads has assumed he is a rice queen since day one. It was a big surprise when he started hanging out with Miles.

by Anonymousreply 102June 25, 2019 4:34 PM

He was so divine in Closet Monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 26, 2019 1:25 PM

He has beautiful lips.

by Anonymousreply 104June 26, 2019 3:45 PM

Is he part Asian?

by Anonymousreply 105June 26, 2019 3:55 PM

R105 Err, no.

by Anonymousreply 106June 26, 2019 9:49 PM

[quote] Is he part Asian?

Only his dick.

by Anonymousreply 107July 3, 2019 6:31 PM

R105 No, but he is a rice queen. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 108July 3, 2019 6:44 PM

Not anymore, now that he's with Miles.

by Anonymousreply 109July 3, 2019 6:57 PM

R108 Likely never was, it's just a lazy stereotype, simply because he's a fan of Japanese culture.

by Anonymousreply 110July 3, 2019 8:51 PM

New pic. Click on the link preview, it's the third pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 7, 2019 11:55 AM

I hate the late 80s / early 90s clothes revival. Bleugh.

by Anonymousreply 112July 7, 2019 12:17 PM

R112 I wonder if Miles has rubbed off on him. Did he use to wear stuff like this before? Anyways, he still looks cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 7, 2019 12:23 PM

He has such a sweet smile.

by Anonymousreply 114July 7, 2019 12:23 PM

Who is this boy?

by Anonymousreply 115July 7, 2019 12:36 PM

r115 Connor is an actor and director who just came out publicly last month.

by Anonymousreply 116July 7, 2019 1:27 PM

I had a crush on him in "Dark Skies". He was the only reason I watched that terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 117July 7, 2019 7:31 PM

It's FALLING Skies

by Anonymousreply 118July 7, 2019 8:44 PM

Good for him.

Well said too.

by Anonymousreply 119July 7, 2019 8:52 PM

^^Chicken Little

by Anonymousreply 120July 7, 2019 8:52 PM

Wow, Connor’s newfound fashion sense is proof that he ran out of that closet screaming...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 7, 2019 10:47 PM

Is that top by Garanimals?

by Anonymousreply 122July 7, 2019 11:24 PM

It's Garawful.

by Anonymousreply 123July 7, 2019 11:44 PM

It's like a pajama top! Hope Miles finds that cute!

by Anonymousreply 124July 8, 2019 2:05 AM

They're probably fucking like rabbits right now.

by Anonymousreply 125July 8, 2019 11:53 AM

Connor posted 21 hours ago and Miles still hasn't liked it. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 126July 8, 2019 2:27 PM

Well, it's over.

by Anonymousreply 127July 8, 2019 2:39 PM

R127 I wouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 128July 8, 2019 2:44 PM

Is this the new Connor thread?

Also there seem to be no pics from Connor’s film panel last night.

by Anonymousreply 129July 8, 2019 4:38 PM

That might be a small mercy considering how Connor is dressing these days.

by Anonymousreply 130July 8, 2019 4:46 PM

R130 Miles took one look at his new post-coming our wardrobe and was like, “Absolutely not.”

by Anonymousreply 131July 8, 2019 5:08 PM

*coming out

by Anonymousreply 132July 8, 2019 5:09 PM

I wouldn't care how badly Connor dressed. He's so sweet and quirky I'd marry him in a minute.

by Anonymousreply 133July 8, 2019 9:10 PM

I like that his heart in the right place. Go ahead and parse his words, he is helping someone today.

by Anonymousreply 134July 9, 2019 3:49 AM

He's probably helping Miles scratch an itch in a hard to reach place.

by Anonymousreply 135July 9, 2019 3:58 AM

I'm sorry but who is he?

by Anonymousreply 136July 9, 2019 3:59 AM

R136 He’s a Canadian actor best known for the TV show American Crime with Felicity Huffman.

by Anonymousreply 137July 9, 2019 4:40 AM

HOT! He is gorgeous! YAAAAS.

by Anonymousreply 138July 9, 2019 5:42 AM

[quote] He’s a Canadian actor best known for the TV show American Crime with Felicity Huffman.

Did she bribe him too?

by Anonymousreply 139July 9, 2019 6:18 AM

I'm surprised some posters on this thread only discovered Connor now, considering we've had 7 threads on him. Also, R138 is acting like he just came out when it was like a month ago. Where were you when the news broke? Yes, he is gorgeous hence why we were so happy (though not shocked, because he was never really in the closet) when he came out.

by Anonymousreply 140July 9, 2019 6:27 AM

R138 probably just woke up from a coma.

by Anonymousreply 141July 9, 2019 6:29 AM

Nothing at all wrong with the shirt in the photo posted by R20. You DL fashion queens are pathetic. Jessup is hot andlooks great in that shirt and jeans.

It’s a great heartfelt, emotional piece written by Connor, and it’s pathetic to see this board parse that message to death.

by Anonymousreply 142July 9, 2019 7:08 AM

R142 Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment, isn't parsing everything to death the explicit purpose of DL, for better or worse!?

by Anonymousreply 143July 9, 2019 8:28 AM

Good for him. More of his peers should have the guts.

by Anonymousreply 144July 9, 2019 8:31 AM

[quote]Jessup is hot andlooks great in that shirt and jeans.

Oh, please, he looks like a toddler in a pajama top.

by Anonymousreply 145July 9, 2019 11:10 AM

Why are so many posters here saying "good for him" like this is recent news? He's been out for a month ffs! This isn't recent. Please pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 146July 9, 2019 11:49 AM

A month isn't recent? Versus how many years he's been in the public eye?

by Anonymousreply 147July 9, 2019 11:51 AM

They still talk about me, r146.

by Anonymousreply 148July 9, 2019 11:53 AM

R146 The original Connor thread got shut down for being too active so now everyone is congregating here. For people who are only now seeing this thread, it looks like he just came out, when in fact it’s been a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 149July 9, 2019 1:29 PM

R145 And his jeans aren’t even fitted! Where is the bulge?

by Anonymousreply 150July 9, 2019 1:30 PM

And this thread was started on 6/24. If people who come here don’t realize they’re not seeing news from seconds ago, maybe they’re not smart enough to be here.

by Anonymousreply 151July 9, 2019 1:31 PM

Connor came out on his birthday, just over two weeks ago. I don't understand why people are acting like it's been months. Literally it's been two weeks. Maybe because it was right before Pride which was promptly followed by the Fourth of July holiday it just seems like it happened a longer time ago.

by Anonymousreply 152July 9, 2019 1:37 PM

His shirt is FUN. Remember when you used to wear fun clothes,you bitter old hags ?

by Anonymousreply 153July 9, 2019 3:21 PM

r153 They want him to dress all in black and carry a sign apologizing for being 25.

by Anonymousreply 154July 9, 2019 3:24 PM

R154 Honestly you just described Miles to a T.

by Anonymousreply 155July 9, 2019 3:55 PM

Miles all in black? Get outta here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 9, 2019 4:07 PM

Miles is also partial to a good patterned shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 9, 2019 4:11 PM

Some of Miles' choices are pretty way out but he really pulls off this look. And it's very gay. It seems clear to me that he asserts some of his sexuality through his gay apparel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 9, 2019 4:15 PM

This look is pure kitsch. I'm sure it reminds some of you of playing with your Lee Majors doll (that you wished was a Lindsay Wagner doll).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 9, 2019 4:16 PM

Miles letting everyone know that he’s into S&M...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 9, 2019 5:05 PM

I wonder if Miles has Connor wear the collar modelled on the left...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 9, 2019 5:13 PM

I can't imagine them doing S&M. They both seem so delicate. Also the noise would wake up Connor's mom.

by Anonymousreply 162July 9, 2019 6:10 PM

Connor is with Miles' dog!

by Anonymousreply 163July 9, 2019 6:21 PM

I fucking KNEW IT! I told you it wouldn't be long until they were seeing each other again. They gotta make the most of their free time because as working actors they often have conflicting schedules. They both have time off now until Miles is doing promo for the new season of 13RW. I hope they fucked long and good!

by Anonymousreply 164July 9, 2019 6:22 PM

Connor with Miles' dog. Also, 👀 the caption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 9, 2019 6:23 PM

I approve of this ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 166July 9, 2019 6:27 PM

omg it’s Crouton! <3

by Anonymousreply 167July 9, 2019 6:28 PM

Connor taking pics with Miles' dog is a good way to signal their relationship is still going on without posting lots of pics together.

by Anonymousreply 168July 9, 2019 6:28 PM

Is Connor in LA or is Miles in Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 169July 9, 2019 6:30 PM

Miles is probably in Toronto and brought his pups with him.

by Anonymousreply 170July 9, 2019 6:32 PM

R170 On a plane? Doubt it. I think Connor is in LA.

by Anonymousreply 171July 9, 2019 6:37 PM

R171 Right, and I doubt Miles took both of his dogs to Toronto. Connor is most likely in LA.

by Anonymousreply 172July 9, 2019 6:38 PM

Also, it would make sense for them to visit each other every other time. We know Miles was in Toronto last time, which means Connor is probably in LA now.

by Anonymousreply 173July 9, 2019 6:39 PM

R173 Also Mae is less likely to wake them up early with a breakfast tray after a long night of fucking, like Connor’s mom does. So Connor probably welcomes the privacy of staying with Miles.

by Anonymousreply 174July 9, 2019 6:42 PM

R174 Good point, lol.

by Anonymousreply 175July 9, 2019 6:46 PM

Someone's probably going to come along and complain that Connor and Crouton are an OUT couple, while Miles "cowers in the closet".

by Anonymousreply 176July 9, 2019 6:46 PM

Miles needs to move to Canada so he can marry Connor and they can cuddle forever.

by Anonymousreply 177July 9, 2019 6:48 PM

Connor's mom commented too, obviously referring to Miles and Connor.

by Anonymousreply 178July 9, 2019 6:52 PM

She is so enthusiastic.

by Anonymousreply 179July 9, 2019 6:53 PM

Connor still refuses to go with a black T or tight jeans! But there's a bit of a bulge!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 9, 2019 7:14 PM

R179 She'll have them married now if should could.

by Anonymousreply 181July 9, 2019 7:17 PM

Honestly this shirt is a major improvement over his outfits over the past week.

by Anonymousreply 182July 9, 2019 7:20 PM

I don't get Miles' comment or Connor's reply. Can someone please translate? lol

by Anonymousreply 183July 9, 2019 8:31 PM

It's a RuPaul reference.

by Anonymousreply 184July 9, 2019 8:34 PM

R183 It may also have something to do with the fact that both of Miles’ pups are girls and Connor probably keeps hogging them.

by Anonymousreply 185July 9, 2019 8:36 PM

On Drag Race, when the judges have deliberate and elimination is about to take place, Ru says "bring back my girls". Connor's refusal reads like a jokey "I'm keeping the dog, you can't have him back".

by Anonymousreply 186July 9, 2019 8:37 PM

*have deliberated

by Anonymousreply 187July 9, 2019 8:37 PM

That pic of Connor with Miles's dog is super cute. I knew Miles wouldn't be able to resist. Gotta love their casual flirting.

by Anonymousreply 188July 9, 2019 8:54 PM

R188 Tommy liked his comment too.

by Anonymousreply 189July 9, 2019 8:57 PM

I hope Tommy goes on a liking spree when Sam Smith drops his new track.

by Anonymousreply 190July 9, 2019 8:59 PM

So this is how they will show their love publicly using the dog as proxy...

by Anonymousreply 191July 9, 2019 9:32 PM

I hope you're not suggesting some kind of Eiffel Towering.

by Anonymousreply 192July 9, 2019 9:34 PM

Hopefully, when Miles is completely out, they can just start posting cute couple pics without any inhibitions.

by Anonymousreply 193July 9, 2019 9:40 PM

Is Miles more likely to play pup for Connor or vice versa?

by Anonymousreply 194July 9, 2019 9:42 PM

R194 Connor is totally the puppy! Eager to please!

by Anonymousreply 195July 9, 2019 9:44 PM

He is dating Sean Fox Zastoupil . Oh celebs they just go around dating eachother.....

by Anonymousreply 196July 9, 2019 9:47 PM

R196 Who?

by Anonymousreply 197July 9, 2019 10:03 PM

r196 There's no way Connor would be dating anybody else now. Ever since their relationship started he's barely been able to hide how in love with Miles he is.

by Anonymousreply 198July 9, 2019 10:40 PM

R194 I’m sure both of them spend plenty of time on all fours.

by Anonymousreply 199July 10, 2019 5:25 AM

I wonder if R169 is referring to Tommy Dorfman? Could be wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 200July 10, 2019 1:46 PM

[quote]I wonder if R169 is referring to Tommy Dorfman?

This guy?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 10, 2019 1:51 PM

[Quote] I wonder if R169 is referring to Tommy Dorfman?

Did you reference the wrong post? I seen no reference to a third party in the post you linked.

by Anonymousreply 202July 10, 2019 1:56 PM

R202 Yeah, sorry, meant R196.

by Anonymousreply 203July 10, 2019 2:01 PM

Ah. I suspect r196 is probably the person they're citing... get that promo, Sean Faux Zanadu.

Speaking of Dorfman, if I were Troye Sivan, I'm not sure I'd be happy at this choice of pic for Dorfman's birthday post to Jacob Bixenman...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 10, 2019 2:07 PM

Well, it seems we have a new thread (after the other one went abruptly exclussive).

I find the pic with the cast of Locke and key funny. And the little brother know how to strike a pose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 10, 2019 2:18 PM

Did the guy who preceded Connor in the role actually shoot a pilot for Locke & Key?

by Anonymousreply 206July 10, 2019 2:20 PM

R206 Yes, the pilot was shot in 2010 (for Fox TV) and the series was then canned.

by Anonymousreply 207July 10, 2019 2:44 PM

....or did you mean Jack Mulhern, who was cast and who shot a second pilot, this time for Hulu, which was also canned with the rights then being bought by Netflix? The Fox pilot has been screened, the Hulu has not, so far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 208July 10, 2019 2:52 PM

Yes, I meant the more recent pilot. I didn't know Frances O'Connor was also in it. I guess most of them got the chop.

Is Jack Mulhern's hair like that for a role?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 10, 2019 2:53 PM

I don't think Conner is with Miles anymore. He's become militant, and will not be with anyone who's not out and proud, and good for him. They DID make an adorable couple, I must say.

by Anonymousreply 210July 10, 2019 3:10 PM

Can't answer as to Jack Mulhern's hair, although this is the trailer for that earlier Fox pilot:

by Anonymousreply 211July 10, 2019 3:10 PM

Jack Mulhern plays a gay on Netflix’s teen soap The Society.

by Anonymousreply 212July 10, 2019 3:59 PM

r210 Not true!

by Anonymousreply 213July 10, 2019 4:00 PM

How would they have already broken up when Connor JUST posted a photo with Miles’ dog less than 24 hours ago?

Connor fans are just never going to be happy until Miles is the grand marshal of a Pride parade.

by Anonymousreply 214July 10, 2019 4:07 PM

Also, Miles already appeared in a Pride parade.

by Anonymousreply 215July 10, 2019 4:11 PM

He's one of those people you hear about, but you don't know who they are, what they look like or why anyone is talking about them.

by Anonymousreply 216July 10, 2019 4:31 PM

Connor Jessup IS Rula Lenska!

by Anonymousreply 217July 10, 2019 4:43 PM

Miles’ show just got renewed and he has to go back to work next month. Will these two ever have real time together?

by Anonymousreply 218July 10, 2019 4:49 PM

How do you know they're not having real time together? Concern trolling is tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 219July 10, 2019 4:54 PM

R218 Connor can move to SF Bay area where 13RW is filmed and be Miles' kept boy.

by Anonymousreply 220July 10, 2019 5:25 PM

"This is... the gardener."

by Anonymousreply 221July 10, 2019 5:27 PM

R210 Fucking troll. Did you miss Connor traveling to LA to visit Miles exactly 0.1 seconds after the filming for L&K wrapped? Here he is with Miles' dog. The pic is from yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222July 10, 2019 5:29 PM

R218 They saw each other plenty even when Connor was busy filming L&K and Miles was filming 13RW. They are working actors with conflicting schedules, but they're used to this. Trust me when I say they know how to make it work.

by Anonymousreply 223July 10, 2019 5:31 PM

Connor probably hopped on a plane immediately after he hosted that Toronto film Q&A.

by Anonymousreply 224July 10, 2019 9:03 PM

r224 Do you think his mom made sure he had enough condoms?

by Anonymousreply 225July 10, 2019 10:35 PM

Why is the old Connor thread locked down?

by Anonymousreply 226July 11, 2019 7:30 PM

It's not locked, it's behind a paywall. :(

by Anonymousreply 227July 11, 2019 7:34 PM

So is the Julian Morris one, strangely. The Morris one wasn't even very active. But it was dominated by, shall we say, a singular voice. "Muriel" spoke against that in the thread about why threads are deleted.

by Anonymousreply 228July 11, 2019 8:08 PM

OMG Connor's buzz cut. Is he still in LA+

by Anonymousreply 229July 13, 2019 6:38 PM

R228: I find it incredibly absurd.

The Jullian Morris thread was a bit stalled because nothing new happened, he is not working right now and he is not going to come out anytime soon so some people post things of his instagram to keep some interest.

The fact that they put the Connor thread on a paywall after his coming out is beyond ridiculous.

As it is what they did with the Wimbledon thread, that was killed because nobody is posting effectively that after tomorrow.

And it seems they killed the Richard Madden/Brandon Flynn threads which were the most active in recent times

by Anonymousreply 230July 13, 2019 6:41 PM

Connor won't really be happy until he finds a man who is older and wiser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231July 13, 2019 6:54 PM

[quote] And it seems they killed the Richard Madden/Brandon Flynn threads which were the most active in recent times

The most active with outsiders, though. The posters that "ran" the reads didn't post on other DL threads. I've no doubt Muriel decided to get rid of a perceived infestation.

I suspect the other Connor Jessup thread was locked because of the "Part X." It got branded with the "fangirl" iron unfairly. The Julian Morris thread was also a "Part X", I notice.

by Anonymousreply 232July 13, 2019 6:58 PM

R232: I posted there and i post in other threads.

Yes the threads were repetitive, but less repetitive than the Chalamet ones

And no Connor was in part 7

by Anonymousreply 233July 13, 2019 7:03 PM

I know it was Part 7, X was a substitute. Morris was Part 5 or something like that.

I don't think anyone could reasonably argue against the assertion that the Scot/Floridian threads came to be dominated by non-DLers... The constant passive aggression, the frequent apologising before going right back to sniping at each other, the mirthless "lol"s at the end of sentences. The days were numbered for those threads once the relationship was confirmed via the NYT. The regular DLers departed. The threads were taken over by the type to self-describe as "Bisexual female here, in a LT relationship with Todd."

On topic: When did Connor get a buzz cut? Pic?

by Anonymousreply 234July 13, 2019 7:21 PM

R234 Check his Insta story.

by Anonymousreply 235July 13, 2019 7:27 PM

Both Connor and Miles have recent IG stories up and it’s clear they’re in the same apartment...

by Anonymousreply 236July 13, 2019 8:32 PM

R230, I think (guess) all threads once they reach a certain number of posts (400?) become members only postings.

by Anonymousreply 237July 13, 2019 8:32 PM

I don't think so. The most recent Bradley James thread hasn't, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 238July 13, 2019 8:39 PM

R238, You're correct and I was wrong. I just thought that from the few threads that I saw that were blocked. Funny enough, the next thread I clicked on after posting that was one that I could still post in that was over 500 posts.

by Anonymousreply 239July 13, 2019 8:57 PM

R234 Here is buzz cut Connor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 13, 2019 9:12 PM

He looks good with a lot of different hairstyles

by Anonymousreply 241July 13, 2019 9:17 PM

Miles. Ha influence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 13, 2019 9:19 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 243July 13, 2019 9:33 PM

R230 We want your stupid frau shit off the site, this is the new muriel order

by Anonymousreply 244July 13, 2019 9:38 PM

Looks like Connor is starting to rock the buzz cut/facial hair look he had during season 3 of American Crime.

by Anonymousreply 245July 13, 2019 9:39 PM

There wasn't enough of Connor in season 3, though we did get to see his legs and his feet in one scene :)

by Anonymousreply 246July 13, 2019 9:43 PM

Did Miles take that photo of Connor?

by Anonymousreply 247July 13, 2019 10:57 PM

R247 Probably

by Anonymousreply 249July 13, 2019 11:07 PM

R240 He’s back to his wacky shirts!

by Anonymousreply 250July 14, 2019 2:53 AM

Maybe Miles loves the shirts.

by Anonymousreply 251July 14, 2019 3:05 AM

Connor has Tom Hardy lips.

by Anonymousreply 252July 14, 2019 4:06 AM

[quote] Maybe Miles loves the shirts.

Obviously Miles loves the foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 253July 14, 2019 5:19 AM

I am guessing Miles love Connor best naked in bed.

by Anonymousreply 254July 14, 2019 6:11 AM

What do you think is the biggest present they've got each other? I'm fairly certain Connor has at least given Miles a pearl necklace.

by Anonymousreply 255July 14, 2019 2:14 PM

[quote]What do you think is the biggest present they've got each other?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 256July 14, 2019 2:22 PM

[quote] Oh, dear!

In certain regions, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 257July 14, 2019 2:27 PM

Miles is into fashion and Connor needs help in that department, so Miles has probably bought Connor some clothes. Connor probably bought some toys for Miles’ pups and perhaps a Criterion Collection Kurosawa box set.

by Anonymousreply 258July 14, 2019 3:32 PM

I wonder if Connor's mom figured out he was gay before he came out.

by Anonymousreply 259July 14, 2019 5:55 PM

I’m not headless.

by Anonymousreply 260July 14, 2019 6:05 PM

R259: He came out at 13, so i suppose his mother knows since them (probably even before, he was a very musical and artistic kid)

by Anonymousreply 261July 14, 2019 8:29 PM

It's not unusual for a mother to know before their child comes out.

by Anonymousreply 262July 14, 2019 8:35 PM

When did he come out? He said he knew when he was 13 but then hid it for many years.

by Anonymousreply 263July 14, 2019 8:39 PM

FFS....what is he 17 ?...18 ?.....its not like he hid it most of his adult life.

by Anonymousreply 264July 14, 2019 8:41 PM

R259 PFLAG mom probably knew when he was in her womb.

by Anonymousreply 265July 14, 2019 8:42 PM

R264, he’s 25.

by Anonymousreply 266July 14, 2019 8:43 PM

Did he gives Miles his flower?

by Anonymousreply 267July 14, 2019 8:45 PM

R263: I think he was talking about hide it from the public, because after saying that he talked about how he talked about the sexual orientation of the characters (he played a good amount of gay characters) like it was something from outside (something very common and a very beloved in this side closet case, of better glass closet case did even last year)

by Anonymousreply 268July 14, 2019 8:46 PM

R264 I never said he did. I was just curious about when he came out.

by Anonymousreply 269July 14, 2019 8:48 PM

The way Brenda acts, I suspect that Miles is Connor's first "official"/"meet the parents" relationship.

by Anonymousreply 270July 14, 2019 8:54 PM

R270 Never mind his mom, Connor’s schoolboy behavior is enough to believe that Miles is first serious boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 271July 14, 2019 9:02 PM

I don't know, he seems a very cheery and happy guy and he is obviously in love.

by Anonymousreply 272July 14, 2019 9:08 PM

The part where Connor talks about how embarrassed he was to discuss the gay characters he played as if he were an anthropologist is best displayed in this interview, which is conducted by a gay Canadian journalist that he’s friends with (Peter Knegt). You can see how difficult it is for Connor to even make eye contact here, it’s sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 14, 2019 9:16 PM

Has he gotten rid of that vocal fry?

by Anonymousreply 274July 14, 2019 9:23 PM

Tremendous sense of fun? I don't remember Closet Monster in that way at all.

by Anonymousreply 275July 14, 2019 9:24 PM

R274 No, he still has intense vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 276July 14, 2019 9:30 PM

R267 We don’t know what Connor’s history is. Now that he’s out it would be nice to get some juicy hook-up stories, but he’s probably too low-key for that to happen. Hopefully Connor has slept around before this since we know Miles has at least two ex-boyfriends in his past.

by Anonymousreply 277July 14, 2019 10:57 PM

I hope Connor doesn't get caught up in the LA party scene with the likes of Gus Kenworthy. Now that he's out, he might go party/boy crazy.

by Anonymousreply 278July 14, 2019 11:02 PM

R278 Connor doesn’t live in LA, he lives in Toronto...

by Anonymousreply 279July 15, 2019 1:57 AM

r278 Miles has already gone through that phase so even if Connor stayed in LA with him they'd probably live a low key life together.

by Anonymousreply 280July 15, 2019 1:59 AM

r265 I swear mine knew before I did.

by Anonymousreply 281July 15, 2019 2:00 AM

R278 I think it would be really surprising if Connor moved to LA, dumped Miles, and went through a full on slut phase. There’s always a chance his new show will blow up and he’ll get more famous, but honestly he’s not really a Gus Kenworthy/West Hollywood “type” - he’s just kind of a nerd.

by Anonymousreply 282July 15, 2019 2:20 AM

Yeah, I don't really see it

by Anonymousreply 283July 15, 2019 8:57 AM

R282 That's never going to happen. Connor is on record as saying that he doesn't like LA and is clearly very keen on maintaining his Toronto base of operations too, so it's only Miles that is drawing him there.

by Anonymousreply 284July 15, 2019 1:06 PM

I don't think Connor's mom would mind it if Miles moved to Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 285July 15, 2019 1:27 PM

R284 Miles has also said he doesn’t see himself in LA longterm and plans on relocating to Nashville - he actually did briefly move to Nashville before he booked 13RW. But of course his career is in LA so he has to stay, it’s not like Connor who can easily work in Toronto forever.

by Anonymousreply 286July 15, 2019 2:15 PM

But hasn't Connor's acting career been a little quiet pre-Locke & Key?

by Anonymousreply 287July 15, 2019 2:34 PM

Connor is still in LA, posting pics with Miles’ dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 15, 2019 6:45 PM

That dog is repellant. I like those glasses. Connor could pull off a sleek look very well.

by Anonymousreply 289July 15, 2019 6:50 PM

That buzz cut works for him.

by Anonymousreply 290July 15, 2019 6:53 PM

Miles obviously took that pic.

by Anonymousreply 291July 15, 2019 7:11 PM

R291 You can’t really tell by the reflection in the sunglasses... but it doesn’t look like a selfie.

by Anonymousreply 292July 15, 2019 7:13 PM

R288 That must be Miles reflected in Connor's glasses, maybe the closest we'll get to a new pic of them together, post Coming Out!

by Anonymousreply 293July 15, 2019 7:26 PM

r287 He was concentrating on film making before Locke & Key. I watched Connor's documentary about the gay Thai director. A lot of it was the director filming Connor, getting Connor to take off his shirt, filming Connor's legs and feet, filming him in bed. Connor is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 294July 15, 2019 7:30 PM

r293 Unless Miles comes out. Somebody on the Miles thread had a theory that Miles might come out when the next season of 13rw starts, since there's a chance his character on the show might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 295July 15, 2019 7:33 PM

Wow, sounds like Connor may have given his flower to that Thai director.

by Anonymousreply 296July 15, 2019 7:39 PM

R289: The dog is ugly but he seems a really caring pet and that's what it matters

by Anonymousreply 297July 15, 2019 7:52 PM

The dog is NOT ugly. She’s just angry in that photo because she wanted Miles to join in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298July 15, 2019 7:58 PM

Muriel needs to unlock the Connor Part 7 thread.

by Anonymousreply 299July 15, 2019 8:44 PM

There have been barely any comments on that thread since it got locked to non subscribers

by Anonymousreply 300July 15, 2019 8:47 PM

r296 He seems really into Connor, but the film maker also talks about having a boyfriend back in Thailand. It was made in 2017, so this was all pre Miles.

by Anonymousreply 301July 15, 2019 8:54 PM

Connor has a thing for Asians so it wouldn't be surprising.

by Anonymousreply 302July 15, 2019 8:57 PM

Miles is built like a lot of Asian guys are.

by Anonymousreply 303July 15, 2019 9:00 PM

He's also inscrutable.

by Anonymousreply 304July 15, 2019 9:04 PM

Miles looks like he could be a character in an anime, which I’m sure is part of his appeal to Connor.

by Anonymousreply 305July 15, 2019 9:10 PM

I wonder if Connor will direct Miles (outside of the bedroom).

by Anonymousreply 306July 15, 2019 9:12 PM

All the commenters on Connor's pic think the puppy is his. Is DL the only place that knows Connor and Miles are a couple

by Anonymousreply 307July 15, 2019 10:52 PM

All the commenters on Connor's pic think the puppy is his. Is DL the only place that knows Connor and Miles are a couple

by Anonymousreply 308July 15, 2019 10:52 PM

No, Brenda's place also knows.

by Anonymousreply 309July 15, 2019 10:54 PM

They’re doing a good job of keeping it low key. Connor probably knows that posting photos of Miles now would be too obvious, so he’s going to focus on the dogs.

by Anonymousreply 310July 16, 2019 2:21 AM

I really wish him the best in his career and in his private life and he is one of best young actors today .. Connor is one of those rare young actors who has led a practically drama free existence and out of the tabloids.. Which is a feat in itself by Hollywood standards. I think his obvious BF Miles and by BF I don't mean "Best Friend" is waiting for the time to come out himself this summer and I'm thinking it will be any day now.

by Anonymousreply 311July 16, 2019 2:43 AM

A boy's best friend is his mother.

by Anonymousreply 312July 16, 2019 2:45 AM

R312 Only if the boy is gay....

by Anonymousreply 313July 16, 2019 2:55 AM

A boy’s best friend is his roommate.

by Anonymousreply 314July 16, 2019 3:16 AM

I know Connor lives in Toronto, but does he still live with his parents or does he have a place of his own? As much as his sharing of his personal life has picked up (we're getting more than just B&W pics from Japan, lol) that's one thing I can't figure out.

by Anonymousreply 315July 16, 2019 11:05 AM

R315 We don't know. He hasn't posted pics from his home, so far as I'm aware, whereas he (and Miles) have posted a fair few from Miles' place, so the assumption is that Connor lives with his Ma (and possibly brother) but that assumption could well be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 316July 16, 2019 11:18 AM

Does anybody here think Miles and Connor will get married someday?

by Anonymousreply 317July 16, 2019 4:00 PM

I can see Connor married. Miles? Not so sure. He'll always have pets, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 318July 16, 2019 4:03 PM

If Miles is his first, I really hope not, r317.

Never marry your first.

by Anonymousreply 319July 16, 2019 4:07 PM

r319 I get the feeling he's Connor's first serious bf.

by Anonymousreply 320July 16, 2019 4:12 PM

R319 His first what? We don’t know a lot about Connor’s past. Remember that story he told about being found passed out in a Hong Kong apartment after a night of heavy partying? He could have easily had a slutty phase without any of us knowing.

by Anonymousreply 321July 16, 2019 5:10 PM

Has anyone had sex with someone who has vocal fry? Is it carried over to their grunts and shouts/screams?

by Anonymousreply 322July 16, 2019 5:17 PM

R321, did you miss the little word “if” that began the post?

I mean it was the first word FFS.

by Anonymousreply 323July 16, 2019 5:43 PM

When this thread inevitably hits 600, the next one should just be called Part 8.

by Anonymousreply 324July 16, 2019 5:55 PM

I don't think it should have "part" in the title at all. Just call it Connor Jessup and put "It's still official" in the main body of text. Link to the next thread at the end of this one.

by Anonymousreply 325July 16, 2019 5:59 PM

r322 Everyone who's had sex with me has. And it carries over :)

by Anonymousreply 326July 16, 2019 9:44 PM

R326 Miles’ poor ears. :(

by Anonymousreply 327July 16, 2019 10:20 PM

Connor posted a birthday message for his favorite filmmaker on Twitter...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328July 17, 2019 2:20 AM

That's the one he made the movie about. He was very into Connor.

by Anonymousreply 329July 17, 2019 2:48 AM

According to his IG Stories, Connor is in San Francisco with Mae and Miles.

by Anonymousreply 330July 17, 2019 5:45 AM

His insta story is just Mae but here it is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331July 17, 2019 5:48 AM

R331 That's just a few of blocks from my apartment!

by Anonymousreply 332July 17, 2019 6:17 AM

Connor is in San Francisco with Mae and probably Miles too!

by Anonymousreply 333July 17, 2019 12:04 PM

Mae needs to let Miles go.

by Anonymousreply 334July 17, 2019 3:21 PM

If Mae weren't there, Connor would have no one to share on his Instastories...

by Anonymousreply 335July 17, 2019 3:30 PM

R334 That is just not going to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336July 17, 2019 3:31 PM

r336 She acts like she's his mom. It's weird. She needs to be more like Connor's PFLAG mom, who's almost pushing them down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 337July 17, 2019 4:49 PM

It's only "weird" because she's spoiling your "view".

by Anonymousreply 338July 17, 2019 4:51 PM

Is she going to go with them on their honeymoon?

by Anonymousreply 339July 17, 2019 4:55 PM

Looks like Miles has given Connor the okay to post photos with his fag hag or his dogs, just not him.

by Anonymousreply 340July 17, 2019 5:04 PM

r340 I think it's more complicated than that. Miles might be planning his "official" coming out, and taking more pics with Connor would spoil that. Taking pics with Mae and his pups is a way of communicating to people who thought they were together that they're still a couple.

by Anonymousreply 341July 17, 2019 6:43 PM

It's pretty obvious Miles is not going to stay in the closet for long

by Anonymousreply 342July 17, 2019 6:59 PM

We know about Connor's Mom, but what about Miles'? Is Mama Heizer the momager type?

by Anonymousreply 343July 17, 2019 7:08 PM

R343 Considering she’s a single mom who’s been putting Miles to work since he was 6 or 7 and that she made her older daughter switch high schools so they can all move to LA for Miles’ career, yes, she’s most likely a momager.

by Anonymousreply 344July 17, 2019 7:14 PM

And if she's a momager, she's money oriented and likely wouldn't want Miles to fuck up his coins by coming out.

by Anonymousreply 345July 17, 2019 7:16 PM

Did Miles ever post stories or pics from Nashville with his exes? I wonder if we'll see a Nashville post from Connor in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 346July 17, 2019 7:16 PM

I don't think their relationship will last, sad to say. I think they are adorable together. Conner is going to want to be with someone that's out and proud.

by Anonymousreply 347July 17, 2019 7:29 PM

R346 Miles was living in Nashville for only a few months, he said on the RuPaul podcast he was enrolled in a music engineering program (most likely at Belmont). It was before 13 Reasons Why - which he went back to LA for - so before any of the Brandon/Matt stuff.

by Anonymousreply 348July 17, 2019 7:33 PM

Oh, I thought his mom had moved back to Nashville or something. Miles lives with Mae, which made me think his mom had loosened her grip. Is Miles' sister also an actor?

by Anonymousreply 349July 17, 2019 7:47 PM

[Quote] Conner is going to want to be with someone that's out and proud.

Connor and Miles are out and about in San Francisco. I think some here exaggerate how closeted Miles is, he just hasn't said it but he has a gay old time of things. His gayness isn't furtive.

by Anonymousreply 350July 17, 2019 7:49 PM

R349 His sister is a PhD student in psychology. Miles has lived with Mae for 7 years, he literally moved out of his mom’s house and into Mae’s house. Mae is very close with his whole family, so it’s basically like living with his sister.

by Anonymousreply 351July 17, 2019 8:02 PM

R350: For some people you are not gay if you don't do the People cover or make an essay about coming out on instagram.

And Miles is not closeted, he is in the glass closet like Julian Morris, i'm pretty sure all his friends know he is gay

by Anonymousreply 352July 17, 2019 8:06 PM

How does Miles' mother make a living?

by Anonymousreply 353July 17, 2019 8:06 PM

[quote]And Miles is not closeted, he is in the glass closet

The "glass closet" is still a closet, hence the inclusion of the word "closet". Though I do agree with your general point. Miles isn't exactly pretending to be straight, like Miss Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 354July 17, 2019 8:09 PM

R353 She’s a nurse.

by Anonymousreply 355July 17, 2019 8:12 PM

r350 You sound like you know them. Do you?

by Anonymousreply 356July 17, 2019 8:13 PM

R345 Miles shouldn’t fuck up his coins, he’s making bank on 13RW. When Connor is making that $$$ then he can make judgements about when someone chooses to make a public statement about their sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 357July 17, 2019 8:31 PM

[Quote]For some people you are not gay if you don't do the People cover or make an essay about coming out on instagram.

Nah, I never said he needed to come out on the cover of People, he wouldn't even have to come out in a tweet or write an essay on Instagram, just actually being public with his boyfriend would be enough. You know, like not keeping the relationship private, like actually being in pics with his boyfriend on Instagram or other social media, not hiding him away like he's his dirty little secret. Holding his hand in public would be enough, and calling him his boyfriend on social media. He wouldn't even technically have to come out as anything, but acknowledging his boyfriend is something he should do. This is why I have an issue with both Miles and Richard. You could say they're just glass closeted, but I still think Brandon and Connor deserve better as out gay men. Do they really want to be someone's dirty little secret forever? I'd assume Connor would want a public relationship after coming out. I know they started dating before he came out though, which probably affected things. I doubt Connor would get into a relationship with a closeted guy now. He is out and proud and would never want to hide his relationship, and he shouldn't. It's sad that he has to compromise himself to be with Miles.

by Anonymousreply 358July 17, 2019 8:37 PM

[Quote]For some people you are not gay if you don't do the People cover or make an essay about coming out on instagram.

Nah, I never said he needed to come out on the cover of People, he wouldn't even have to come out in a tweet or write an essay on Instagram, just actually being public with his boyfriend would be enough. You know, like not keeping the relationship private, like actually being in pics with his boyfriend on Instagram or other social media, not hiding him away like he's his dirty little secret. Holding his hand in public would be enough, and calling him his boyfriend on social media. He wouldn't even technically have to come out as anything, but acknowledging his boyfriend is something he should do. This is why I have an issue with both Miles and Richard. You could say they're just glass closeted, but I still think Brandon and Connor deserve better as out gay men. Do they really want to be someone's dirty little secret forever? I'd assume Connor would want a public relationship after coming out. I know they started dating before he came out though, which probably affected things. I doubt Connor would get into a relationship with a closeted guy now. He is out and proud and would never want to hide his relationship, and he shouldn't. It's sad that he has to compromise himself to be with Miles.

by Anonymousreply 359July 17, 2019 8:37 PM

[Quote] just actually being public with his boyfriend would be enough. You know, like not keeping the relationship private, like actually being in pics with his boyfriend on Instagram or other social media, not hiding him away like he's his dirty little secret.

How is Connor or Miles hidden away? They both can be found on each other's social media. There are even pics of them together, just the two of them. It sounds like you're commited to this "dirty little secret" narrative to the point that you ignore facts...

by Anonymousreply 360July 17, 2019 8:43 PM

R359 It’s shitty that some people think just because Connor decided to come out, it’s now Miles’ responsibility to start sharing details of his private life - which he has never done and has made clear he never wants to do - in order to be considered a worthy boyfriend.

Miles does not seem like the type who will ever post a photo kissing his boyfriend on his public Instagram, so if Connor is going to force him to do that, he should just dump him now.

by Anonymousreply 361July 17, 2019 8:44 PM

R357: Brandon is making his money in the same show and he is out and proud, the same for Tommy

by Anonymousreply 362July 17, 2019 8:45 PM

R359: Richard Madden is in a lot of pics with his boyfriend and he is called a coward and a closet case here all the time

by Anonymousreply 363July 17, 2019 8:47 PM

[Quote] Brandon is making his money in the same show and he is out and proud

Ha, we'll see about that when he does interviews for the upcoming season...

[Quote] the same for Tommy

Is Tommy out and proud as single?

by Anonymousreply 364July 17, 2019 8:48 PM

[Quote] Richard Madden is in a lot of pics with his boyfriend and he is called a coward and a closet case here all the time

Any intimate pics? Miles has intimate pics with multiple boyfriends - legs intertwined, those kind of intimate pics.

by Anonymousreply 365July 17, 2019 8:49 PM

Tommy is no longer on the show (his character went to college) so he never got the big pay that Brandon and Miles got for the next two seasons. The cast is the second highest paid Netflix cast after Stranger Things.

And Brandon’s fans are already criticizing him for backpedaling by saying that he never “came out” because he doesn’t “label himself.” Back to the closet!

by Anonymousreply 366July 17, 2019 8:51 PM

R364: So you think Brandon is suddenly going back into the closet for next season? That's the most ridiculous thing i read in a good while.

Tommy is gay and everybody knew it from the very beginning, what being married or single has to do with that?

by Anonymousreply 367July 17, 2019 8:51 PM

Brandon and Connor should just date each other and drop the closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 368July 17, 2019 9:09 PM

^they tried that, didn't work out...but at least they remained friends.

by Anonymousreply 369July 17, 2019 9:12 PM

R368 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 370July 17, 2019 9:18 PM

R368 Quite positive Miles would commit homicide considering Brandon already broke his heart once.

by Anonymousreply 371July 17, 2019 9:22 PM

[Quote] So you think Brandon is suddenly going back into the closet for next season? That's the most ridiculous thing i read in a good while.

I guess you didn't read his mess of a Variety article. The boy is confused, or perhaps he's just trying to confuse... Either way, how he handles questions about his current relationship while promoting the upcoming season of 13RW should be illuminating.

[Quote] Tommy is gay and everybody knew it from the very beginning, what being married or single has to do with that?

Because relationship status is something that someone chooses to share or not, just like sexuality. Tommy will likely speak on his marriage in the future but the timing should be down to him, not anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 372July 17, 2019 9:31 PM

One can only hope one day, she leaks their sex tapes that she is secretly filming with or without their consent!

by Anonymousreply 373July 18, 2019 1:22 AM

Mae has a boyfriend though, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 374July 18, 2019 1:25 AM

R374 She does... her interest in Miles/Connor seems sisterly/motherly even though it could be overbearing. She'll be sure to keep them away from the nasty drug/alcohol abuse culture of HW at least.

by Anonymousreply 375July 18, 2019 1:31 AM

She admitted in an interview that she lusts after Miles, but she tries to keep it in check....doesn't sound like a healthy friendship to me.

by Anonymousreply 376July 18, 2019 1:40 AM

You really take that "admission" seriously?

by Anonymousreply 377July 18, 2019 1:45 AM

r376 That would be like lusting after her little brother. Her gay little brother.

by Anonymousreply 378July 18, 2019 1:56 AM

Well she obviously has issues.

by Anonymousreply 379July 18, 2019 2:00 AM

She was a child actor. Of course she has issues. Wanting to fuck Miles is unlikely to be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 380July 18, 2019 2:08 AM

Someone put together a compilation of Miles pics purportedly deleted from IG. Note what looks like a Gay Pride pic at 0:11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381July 18, 2019 2:32 AM

R376 I’m pretty sure she was joking in the way that women joke about wanting to fuck their beautiful gay friends. Miles is literally like her little brother/son.

by Anonymousreply 382July 18, 2019 3:47 AM

r381 Most of the 13RW cast went to Pride together as an organised/cast thing, I think it was shortly after season1 blew-up if I remember rightly.

by Anonymousreply 383July 18, 2019 12:50 PM

Well, the cast of 13 RW is pretty gay, so it fits perfectly for them to do such thing

by Anonymousreply 384July 18, 2019 1:48 PM

Can we make the next thread a Connor & Miles thread?

by Anonymousreply 385July 18, 2019 1:53 PM

R385 Since the majority of the discussion in both of their threads is related to eachother, it would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 386July 18, 2019 2:38 PM

[quote]You know, like not keeping the relationship private, like actually being in pics with his boyfriend on Instagram or other social media, not hiding him away like he's his dirty little secret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387July 18, 2019 2:49 PM

Based on Mae’s Instagram story, it looks like she and her BF are doing a hosted couples getaway with Connor and Miles at the Fairmont in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 388July 18, 2019 8:49 PM

More people are figuring out they're together. Look at this thread from ATRL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389July 18, 2019 9:17 PM

More people are figuring out they're together. Look at this thread from ATRL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390July 18, 2019 9:17 PM

Is there a thread on ATRL about a white subject where someone doesn't type "Ew, basic/vanilla"? They need some new schtick.

by Anonymousreply 391July 18, 2019 10:06 PM

Cute new relatable post from Miles where he looks really shy and awkward, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392July 18, 2019 10:18 PM

Connor liked and left a dorky comment.

by Anonymousreply 393July 18, 2019 10:48 PM

R393 What took him so long? Aren't they vacationing/fucking in SF together as we speak?

by Anonymousreply 394July 19, 2019 12:28 AM

[quote]They need some new schtick.

They need it? Them?

Presenting hole as I type about the 89 year old guy who died and awaiting Olivia’s “so young” comment.

by Anonymousreply 395July 19, 2019 10:57 AM

Connor just posted another IG story with Miles’ dog Crouton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 20, 2019 10:17 PM

R396 looks like he’s been staying with Miles for two weeks now.

by Anonymousreply 397July 20, 2019 10:37 PM

He's totally in love. Why wouldn't he stay with Miles as long as possible?

by Anonymousreply 398July 20, 2019 11:55 PM

R396 Those two dogs appear to have a few issues between them both - after Miles adopted the second one pretty much every pic of them has one in snarl mode, hence the ironic "angel" IG post!

by Anonymousreply 399July 21, 2019 1:35 PM

I hope he gets naked in a movie soon. I want to see his cock.

by Anonymousreply 400July 21, 2019 1:38 PM

I don't think so, in fact i read an article on a spanish newspaper that says that after MeToo HW movies are getting more and more prude

by Anonymousreply 401July 21, 2019 1:39 PM

Maybe Connor will present hole in Locke & Key.

by Anonymousreply 402July 21, 2019 7:40 PM

Is Connor the Key to Miles' Locke?

by Anonymousreply 403July 22, 2019 2:12 AM

Miles starts work soon according to the rumored filming schedule. Will Connor stay with him or go back to Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 404July 22, 2019 4:02 AM

r404 Starts work on what?

by Anonymousreply 405July 22, 2019 7:40 AM

R405 Season 4 of 13RW.

by Anonymousreply 406July 22, 2019 8:11 AM

R404 Why would he stay? Miles has to go back to San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 407July 22, 2019 11:30 AM

So I guess it will be back to Skype sex.

by Anonymousreply 408July 22, 2019 11:32 AM

Coinslot or keyhole?

by Anonymousreply 409July 22, 2019 1:39 PM

r409, balloon knot.

by Anonymousreply 410July 22, 2019 2:19 PM

R407 Connor is/was in SF with Miles and Mae. Miles will have accommodation in the bay area during filming, so unless it's not okay to have a boyfriend around, Connor could conceivably stay with him.

by Anonymousreply 411July 22, 2019 9:59 PM

Connor should make a documentary about Miles.

by Anonymousreply 412July 22, 2019 11:04 PM

Maybe he'll document their wedding.

by Anonymousreply 413July 22, 2019 11:07 PM

R412 Connor should be a stay at home wife and welcome Miles home from work every evening with a dinner plate.

by Anonymousreply 414July 23, 2019 12:24 AM

A Miles doc might be pretty dark. He was a child actor in Hollywood, after all.

by Anonymousreply 415July 23, 2019 12:40 AM

I think Connor's mom should come down from Canada and help keep house so Connor and Miles will have time for fucking.

by Anonymousreply 416July 23, 2019 12:41 AM

R414 They are still in their honeymoon stage, so Connor should be horny and naked in bed waiting for Miles to come home. They can order out after the sex.

by Anonymousreply 417July 23, 2019 1:08 AM

In the honeymoon stage that can last for days.

by Anonymousreply 418July 23, 2019 2:41 AM

Connor on Miles’ bed, with both of Miles’ dogs...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419July 24, 2019 4:30 PM

Looks like he's still in LA with Miles and his dogs.

by Anonymousreply 420July 24, 2019 4:45 PM

I guess we're not gonna get anymore cute pics of Connor and Miles. Now it's just Connor with Miles's dogs

by Anonymousreply 421July 24, 2019 4:48 PM

Did Connor already pack up and move in to Miles’ apartment? This is full on lesbian behavior.

by Anonymousreply 422July 24, 2019 4:51 PM

Miles made that whole post, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 423July 24, 2019 4:55 PM

R423 He definitely did, since he always does posts like that.

by Anonymousreply 424July 24, 2019 4:55 PM

R421 When did we ever get any cute pics of Connor and Miles?

by Anonymousreply 425July 24, 2019 5:08 PM

Puffing out their cheeks, lying together in a casket, Connor clasping Miles at a dinner table etc

by Anonymousreply 426July 24, 2019 5:11 PM

R426 Miles shut that down fast...

by Anonymousreply 427July 24, 2019 5:15 PM

If he were really shutting it down, he'd have made sure the pics were deleted.

by Anonymousreply 428July 24, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote]lying together in a casket,

That sounds creepy af.

by Anonymousreply 429July 24, 2019 6:48 PM

[Quote] That sounds creepy af.

It is, Fiona. One of them even has his neck at an odd angle, like a corpse. Don't search the pic out, Fi.

by Anonymousreply 430July 24, 2019 6:54 PM

My favorite is Miles at the dinner table with Connor's family. Connor is almost hugging him.

by Anonymousreply 431July 25, 2019 4:03 AM

R431 Connor is being all proud and possessive (in a good way!)

by Anonymousreply 432July 25, 2019 4:33 PM

Connor is fanboying so hard... Are we sure he's the top?

by Anonymousreply 433July 25, 2019 11:10 PM

What are some of Connor's comments?

by Anonymousreply 434July 25, 2019 11:11 PM

R433 We don’t know for sure. He may be the one getting dicked down good, which would explain why he’s so eager to pack up the U-Haul and move in with Miles already.

by Anonymousreply 435July 25, 2019 11:25 PM

It's hard to picture Miles as a top, though.

by Anonymousreply 436July 26, 2019 12:42 AM

What decade are you posting from?

by Anonymousreply 437July 26, 2019 12:59 AM

Bottom in the streets, top in the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 438July 26, 2019 1:04 AM

Maybe Miles is transitioning to a top! It does happen.

by Anonymousreply 439July 26, 2019 2:34 AM

There’s only one top in that home, and it’s not any of these two twinks.

by Anonymousreply 440July 26, 2019 11:13 AM

Sometimes i wonder if people writing here are really gay men. That obsession with who is the top and who is the bottom and the tired stereotypes about it are something more common from straight than from gays who at least should known better

by Anonymousreply 441July 26, 2019 1:03 PM

r441 In my experience so do a portion of gays.

by Anonymousreply 442July 26, 2019 1:15 PM

R441 You mean straight women trying to sound like gay men

by Anonymousreply 443July 26, 2019 2:01 PM

r443 I'm talking about real life experience which I'm not too sure many DLers have.

by Anonymousreply 444July 26, 2019 2:19 PM

Straight women "shippers" don't tend to talk about top/btm. They're more about "feelings".

You only have ot go on apps to see that there are lots of dedicated to a specific role types... It's not something DL made up.

by Anonymousreply 445July 26, 2019 4:49 PM

Connor is clearly the top, end of!

by Anonymousreply 446July 26, 2019 7:24 PM

r441 Every gay man I know, either my age (I'm in my mid 20s) or older, is conscious of top/btm, and its definitely a thing on dating apps.

by Anonymousreply 447July 26, 2019 10:18 PM

I like worshipping attractive people more than having sex. Each look and kiss of Conner’s tight, creamy body is a holy experience. The worship of his beautiful twink form should be celebrated in all countries. Sniff his hole; lick his smegma; injest his offerings. He is a boy god.

by Anonymousreply 448July 26, 2019 11:32 PM

R488 Until he gets old (30)!

by Anonymousreply 449July 26, 2019 11:41 PM

I'm pretty sure Connor is a bottom. He probably enjoys a fist on occasion also.

by Anonymousreply 450July 27, 2019 6:45 AM

Let us not forget that Connor is very hairy. Much more of an otter than a twink.

by Anonymousreply 451July 27, 2019 6:53 AM

R447: Nobody was talking about that. In a dating app you should post what you want. We are talking about the constant speculation about who is the top and the bottom on a gay couple (like if everybody was defined by that, god, there are a lot of gays who don't even do anal sex). Second the whole discussion is based in tired stereotypes and someobody with a sex life should know that looking like a top (whatever than means) and being a top are two very different things.

And now people are discussing even the fetishes of people who don't know at all. One thing is a gossip and other very different writing fan fiction. And fan fiction is something very linked to straight women

by Anonymousreply 452July 27, 2019 11:59 AM

He finally posted a pic with Miles! It's a throwback, but stilll...

by Anonymousreply 453July 28, 2019 9:56 PM

Here it is. I assume he got permission from Miles to post it. Wonder if this means Miles is inching out of the closet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454July 28, 2019 10:01 PM

Well it's a group photo so I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 455July 28, 2019 10:31 PM

It's not the first pic of them together that Connor has posted. What's implied in this pic is that they've been together more than a year. I think Miles is inching out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 456July 29, 2019 12:41 AM

Connor must have been reading all of the speculation here re: how long they’ve been together, hence dropping this post displaying that it’s been a year.

by Anonymousreply 457July 29, 2019 1:02 AM

I’m sure that my post about his hole is what finally convinced him to post.

by Anonymousreply 458July 29, 2019 1:52 AM

R458 You think too highly of your post and his hole... maybe.

by Anonymousreply 459July 29, 2019 2:22 AM

So is Miles still in 13rw? Most of the cast is in SF filming s4.

by Anonymousreply 460July 29, 2019 5:02 AM

r460 Miles and Connor are in SF, so he's probably still in 13rw.

by Anonymousreply 461July 29, 2019 5:08 AM

Have either of them been fucked by Zach Quinto?

Just asking for the Centers for Disease Control.

by Anonymousreply 462July 29, 2019 6:18 AM

R460, Wow, Miles is so lucky, cant say the same thing anout Brandon whose own boyfriend is ashame to be seen with him!

by Anonymousreply 463July 29, 2019 7:27 AM

R454 Another double date with Mae & her bf, Robert Jumper. If this really was 12 months ago then it pushes M&C's relationship timeline back by 2 months, previously based on the Miles Meows that Connor made on from19.

by Anonymousreply 464July 29, 2019 7:58 AM

younggoth: This pic is crazy

connorwjessup: @younggoth slytherin

Did Connor just call Miles a Slytherin? Connor Potter & Miles Malfoy cosplay... in bed.

by Anonymousreply 465July 29, 2019 8:03 AM

[Quote] Have either of them been fucked by Zach Quinto?

[Quote] Just asking for the Centers for Disease Control.

I guess you miseed Quinto's comments on PrEp/condom use.

by Anonymousreply 466July 29, 2019 8:04 AM

[Quote] And now people are discussing even the fetishes of people who don't know at all. One thing is a gossip and other very different writing fan fiction. And fan fiction is something very linked to straight women

Are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 467July 29, 2019 8:07 AM

The new old photo is very cute. It does indicate that they've been together at least a year. Does anyone know how long Miles was with that older photographer guy? I'm wondering if this is his longest relationship.

by Anonymousreply 468July 29, 2019 10:16 AM

[quote] Jessup: “Queerness is a solution. It’s a promise against cliche and solipsism and blandness”

LOL. And that’s exactly why there’s now a horde of so-called “Non-Binary” (and in reality Exclusively Hetero) Teenage Females “coming out” as “queer”, and screeching when they’re not allowed into Gay clubs. They think they’re just as “Queer” as gays now or even more so - which leads to all kinds of eyeroll-inducing hilarity.

It’s “bland and cliché” for teenagers to be “straight” this year - but the hetero females obviously don’t want to eat out pussy, and the hetero males don’t want to suck cock. So the Hetero Tweens did indeed find a crafty “solution” to get around this - they proclaim themselves “Queer”! A wishy-washy term that’s been so watered-down that it now means literally nothing - some kind of diluted fake ‘specialness’ that’s often not actually backed up by real alternative sexual orientation.

A term that allows the Majority to temporarily cosplay and get attention as if they’re the Minority - without actually doing any of the so-called ‘yucky’ sex things that that entails - and then go back to their ordinary, safe lives whenever it suits them, because unlike gays they have that backtrack option (e.g. when they run for state office, or fill out applications for adoption, etc). When they’ve had enough of playing the ‘cosplay game’ and more important matters come up, the so-called “Queer Non-Binaries” often suddenly quickly revert to the Hetero Binary.

The young tween females especially often boast about how they, once-on-a-blue-moon, stuck their tongue in some other female’s ear and how they’re now “Queer” by virtue of that alone (but in reality they would NEVER EVER go near another’s “yucky” vagina, LOL).

[quote] Go ahead and parse his words, he is helping someone today.

Yes, he’s helping gays. He’s also “helping” deluded Heteros think the easiest way to get “special and not-bland” recognition & attention is by declaring themselves “Queers” and “Two-Spirited”, while still balking and laughing at any “yucky gay anal sex stuff”.

by Anonymousreply 469July 29, 2019 11:51 AM

R468 He was with Matt Sukkar for around 7 or 8 months.

by Anonymousreply 470July 29, 2019 12:43 PM

r469 Why is it Connor's responsibility? Was he supposed to not come out just because delusional het girls might pretend to be queer?

by Anonymousreply 471July 29, 2019 12:45 PM

R469 This is... a lot. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 472July 29, 2019 12:49 PM

You're intimidated by detailed posts, R472? Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 473July 29, 2019 12:56 PM

R471, coming out as "gay" VS. publicly (and strangely) equating it with "Queerness" and suggesting to his sea of tween fangurls that they might end up "bland and cliché" if they don't come out as some kind of 'special unicorn' - are 2 very different things.

The sexual clinic where I live has noted a 5-fold (I repeat: 5-fold) increase in the number of messed up tween females who now say they're not "hetero female mammals" but "queer non-binary". Females more than males because they're more impressionable simpletons.

Jessup's "Queerness is the solution" idea is not the solution, but the reason for this tween mess.

by Anonymousreply 474July 29, 2019 12:58 PM

R473 Not when detailed posts have a point. Yours doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 475July 29, 2019 1:16 PM

R475, that's ironic - because your statement has no point and no argumentation whatsoever behind it.

If you can't process a detailed post and find it too challenging to comprehend, no one can help you further.

by Anonymousreply 476July 29, 2019 1:27 PM

R476 You clearly think very highly of yourself and your intellect... silly. "A term that allows the Majority to temporarily cosplay and get attention as if they’re the Minority - without actually doing any of the so-called ‘yucky’ sex things that that entails - and then go back to their ordinary, safe lives whenever it suits them, because unlike gays they have that backtrack option." Is there a source for any of this besides your own observations? Project much? You use the term "yucky" as if it's an actual word used by queer teens when describing queer sex, yet you seem to have no source or foundation for your "observations". No, your post is not challenging for me to comprehend because of my own intelligence, but because of your ignorance and stupidity. I'll admit, his statement about queerness being a solution left me confused but I see no relation between his statement and your unfounded ramblings. Sexuality is not just about the physical act of sex. Young "tweens" can see themselves as queer/bi/gay/lesbian without wanting to have sex. And implying that many of them see queer sex as "yucky" is strange. How could you possibly know what most of them feel?

by Anonymousreply 477July 29, 2019 2:04 PM

R477, I said nothing about my intelligence - you seem to be projecting your own superiority complex on me. I took issue with your knee-jerk, automatic-mode rejection of the post. Saying ‘neener-neener, you don’t have a point’ is not a debating technique. Clearly there was a point. And it seems you were being insincere because you understood the point - but turns out your real gripe is you wanted a comprehensive list of supporting sources? Then you could have simply asked for them, instead of being glib. DL is not a dedicated subreddit for academic research - but fine, here you go:

[quote] New Scientist: “London gender clinic reports rising number of “Non-binary” attendees. The clinic, which is part of the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, says it is now seeing [bold]a growing number of people who identify as Non-binary[/bold], who aren’t [even] necessarily seeking to transition from one gender to another. [bold]Non-binary or “genderQUEER” individuals, who identify as neither exclusively male nor female, now make up 11 per cent of referrals to the clinic.”[/bold]

[quote] The Telegraph: “Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in 5 years.”

[quote] CNN: “More teenagers are identifying themselves with non-traditional gender labels such as … gender-fluid, according to a new study.”

[quote] Pink News: “The number of Non-binary students has skyrocketed: The number of university students defining themselves with non-binary definitions has more than DOUBLED in the space of [1] year … [bold]A poll published earlier this year in the US found that the MAJORITY of LGBT+ people do NOT define as lesbian or gay”.[/bold]

[quote] NY Times: [bold]“When Everyone Can Be 'Queer,' Is Anyone?”[/bold]

As for the fakeness in a lot of this “I’m not gay, I’m Queer!” trend, I base that on the tendencies in social media that have even gone mainstream. Articles about “how to maintain ‘Queerness’ in a [italic]straight[/italic] relationship” (*eyeroll*). And almost all of these reports are EXACTLY about committed, even monogamous hetero relationships - these self-titled “Hetero Queers” complain that their “Queerness” is not recognised enough by the public, but when probed a little deeper they don’t seem to want to sexually touch gays with a ten-foot-pole. The Twitterati tweens (who are not even Native American) calling themselves “demi-boy” and “demi-girl” (like they’re “two-spirited” beasts or something). There’s a hollow-trend, game-like fakeness in much of this.

by Anonymousreply 478July 29, 2019 3:20 PM

How horrible that more and more people are openminded about sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 479July 29, 2019 3:46 PM

The most hilarious part of this argument is that Connor himself identifies as gay, not queer.

by Anonymousreply 480July 29, 2019 4:05 PM

R480, this was already covered at R474. He equates Gay with Queerness. He didn't say "Acceptance of HOMOSEXUALITY is the solution." He said "Queerness is the solution."

by Anonymousreply 481July 29, 2019 4:11 PM

He has also called himself gay

by Anonymousreply 482July 29, 2019 4:13 PM

Are they actually "open-minded", R479? Or are they just piggybacking off of minorities to get into the spotlight?

Would you like a self-proclaimed, so-called "queer" hetero female (with a regular heterosexual life-long partner) to become the head of a lgbtQ+ organisation?

by Anonymousreply 483July 29, 2019 4:13 PM

And how is Queerness the solution for GAY people, R482? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 484July 29, 2019 4:14 PM

OMG, I'm just going to FF you R484

by Anonymousreply 485July 29, 2019 4:16 PM

I don't care what you do, R485. I'm here to discuss, gossip and debate - not to throw hissy-fits over normal discussion points like you.

by Anonymousreply 486July 29, 2019 4:21 PM

R461 Is Connor staying with Miles in San Francisco?

by Anonymousreply 487July 29, 2019 6:01 PM

Gay is a sexual orientation. Queerness is a political identity.

by Anonymousreply 488July 29, 2019 6:05 PM

r483 There is absolutely nothing showing them trying to "take over" the LGBTQ community. But more openminded people means that other sexualities apart from heterosexuality become accepted and "normal". Which is what I want, not sure what you want. But then again I don't think you really want to listen to opposite argument, you just want to force your own opinion down the throats of others. Now where have I experienced that before?

by Anonymousreply 489July 29, 2019 6:07 PM

Queerness even has its own psychological measure.

[quote]Building on psychological theories of motivation for collective action, we introduce a new individual difference measure of queer consciousness, defined as a politicized collective identity around sexual orientation. The Queer Consciousness Scale (QCS) consists of 12 items measuring five aspects of a politicized queer identity: sense of common fate, power discontent, system blame, collective orientation, and cognitive centrality. In four samples of adult women and men of varied sexual orientations, the QCS showed good test-retest and Cronbach’s reliability and excellent known-groups and predictive validity. [bold]Specifically, the QCS was positively correlated with identification as a member of the LGBTQ community, political liberalism, personal political salience, and LGBTQ activism and negatively correlated with right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.[/bold] QCS mediated relationships between several individual difference variables and gay rights activism and can be used with both LGBTQ people and allies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490July 29, 2019 6:08 PM

r487 Yes, it looks that way.

by Anonymousreply 491July 29, 2019 6:30 PM

r486 I like it a lot more if str8 boys and girls feel socially pressured to pretend to be queer than the other way around. I don't care if anybody cosplays as anything they're not. It doesn't make me less gay.

by Anonymousreply 492July 29, 2019 6:37 PM

R483 "Would you like a self-proclaimed, so-called "queer" hetero female (with a regular heterosexual life-long partner) to become the head of a lgbtQ+ organisation?"

Where in the world is this actually happening on a regular basis or in a visible trend? This whole conversation could be an interesting topic for another thread (and with people who aren't ignorant) but these are either isolated events or hypothetical scenarios you made up to argue your point. Besides, this is a thread gossiping about Connor Jessup and this is no longer relevant to the thread imo.

by Anonymousreply 493July 29, 2019 6:39 PM

R487 They are in the Bay Area, but they aren't in SF, the city. I think the show films in the North Bay (the "white flight" suburbia) of SF Bay Area.

by Anonymousreply 494July 29, 2019 6:40 PM

Connor’s mom is clearly monitoring all of Connor and Miles’ social media interactions because she likes all of the comments they leave each other.

by Anonymousreply 495July 29, 2019 6:59 PM

Connor's mom is already planning their wedding.

by Anonymousreply 496July 29, 2019 7:04 PM

R496 Who can blame her? They are so cute together!

by Anonymousreply 497July 29, 2019 7:07 PM

I didn't like Connor's mention of queerness either. I hate the word, it's a slur. It also has a number of meanings to different people and yes, the straights have highjacked the term now. But it is what is is. I won't tear Connor's post a part, because just coming out at this time in his career is huge. So what if I didn't like it. It wasn't perfect, but I still give him credit for coming out at all. Also, there is no confusion here as Connor came out as GAY, not queer, but gay. That's why any discussion is silly. If you have a problem with the word, take that up with those celebs that have come out as queer, like Hale Appleman, Cory Michael Smith etc. I don't think it's fair to attack Connor. At least he referred to himself as gay, something that can't be misconstrued.

by Anonymousreply 498July 29, 2019 8:22 PM

[Quote] I didn't like Connor's mention of queerness either. I hate the word, it's a slur.

Who was your teen idol?

by Anonymousreply 499July 29, 2019 8:27 PM

Connor is of the generation that took back the word R498

by Anonymousreply 500July 29, 2019 8:29 PM

Oh come on, his coming out was amazing in comparission with what we see recently.

And coming out as gay is almost a rarity lately (Ben Platt and Joey Pollari come to mind on the recent ones)

by Anonymousreply 501July 29, 2019 8:32 PM

R493, this thread is about Jessup’s coming out & his public statment, which includes his thoughts on Queerness, so it is relevant. That’s why OP linked the statement. Whereas his relationships with Asians, his GPS movements, etc are discussed in multiple parallel “Part X” threads.

R498, no one is “attacking” Jessup. Look up what an “attack” implies (name-calling, abusive language, etc). A discussion on an issue that he himself publicly raised is permissable. Btw, this isn’t Twitter, IG or FB - it’s highly unlikely that Jessup even reads DL.

by Anonymousreply 502July 29, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote] There is absolutely nothing showing them trying to "take over" the LGBTQ community.

R489, “take over” ” - is your word, not mine. They’re not “taking over”, but they are going uninvited into gay spaces. E.g. why are (female) Non-Binaries allowed to join Grindr (which was always for gay male hookups)? If they’re “non-binary” (i.e. don’t consider themselves neither ‘male’ nor ‘female’), then they can’t be “a gay MALE” by definition. Then why do they feel entitled to have access and waste people’s time? Just because they use the magic word “queer” / “non-binary”?

[quote] you just want to force your own opinion down the throats of others.

Show me where I’m “forcing” anything down your throat. Go on, show me. No one is “forcing” you to read DL online posts. You don’t seem to understand how a debate works, therefore you get overly triggered.

[quote] more openminded people means that other sexualities apart from heterosexuality become accepted and "normal"

But Queerness is no longer the anti-thesis of heterosexuality. That’s the irony. It’s been expanded to INCLUDE almost anything, including even heterosexuality (almost to the point of sidelining homosexuality). So e.g. guys who are “non-binary” (i.e. don’t identify as either male or female) and sleep [italic]exclusively[/italic] with females - still claim to be “queer”. Even though they’re basically just heteros, who have not the slightest interest in other males.

See the irony? How does that promote acceptance? Especially with “fluid orientation” (not bisexuality, but “fluid”), it makes it sound like same-sex attraction can be a PHASE or a joke or a sham. Activists spent years educating people that you’re born gay and can’t change. But now with the rise in “fluid” and “non-binaries” (who can simply give up the whole NB game when they become adults) - some will think that you CAN be changed.

It’s like Nico Tortorella’s wife, who calls herself “lesbian-identifying” but is sexually attracted to Tortorella as the only guy. What kind of “lesbian” is sexually attracted to a guy and marries him? And they call themselves a “Queer” family. This Queerness creates the illusion that gay people can potentially be changed if they just find ‘the right opposite-sex partner’.

by Anonymousreply 503July 29, 2019 11:12 PM

Has Nico's wife said she's only attracted to one guy - Nico?

by Anonymousreply 504July 29, 2019 11:14 PM

[Quote] Then why do they feel entitled to have access and waste people’s time?

I've never encountered a FTM on the apps who hasn't identified themselves as such. I notice you make no reference of the men on apps who are only looking for trans...

Neither bother me. I don't consider apps a supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 505July 29, 2019 11:15 PM

R505, FTMs and Non-binaries are different.

As for apps - depends on the app. In some you have a limited number of profiles you can view per day and/or limited options to narrow down search parameters. It wastes time.

There have been articles about some douchey straight-identifying males going on Grindr and publicly saying "No gay males" / "No homos" (because they wanted Ts). What kind of space does that create when heteros (or self-titled heteros) go on a [italic]gay[/italic] hookup app and start telling gays to move out of the way.

by Anonymousreply 506July 29, 2019 11:27 PM

[quote] I like it a lot more if str8 boys and girls feel socially pressured to pretend to be queer than the other way around.

They’re not being pressured, R492. They use it to their advantage and often make a joke of it. It was the same with college girls claiming to be ‘wild lesbians’ at frat parties in the 90s / 00s. It was often fake and just used to turn on the frat guys. Those females were there to pull males and they wouldn’t even need to invite a real gay or lesbian into a frat pool-party with them. The straights just role-played (with each other) and made a mockery of gay orientation. Publicly promoting the wrong idea that those fake-lesbians would sleep with ‘the right’ hetero male, etc. How did that cosplay promote “acceptance”? It perpetuated harmful stereotypes that homosexuality wasn’t smthg you were born with, but could be swtiched on and off.

by Anonymousreply 507July 29, 2019 11:32 PM

[Quote] There have been articles about some douchey straight-identifying males going on Grindr and publicly saying "No gay males" / "No homos" (because they wanted Ts). What kind of space does that create when heteros (or self-titled heteros) go on a gay hookup app and start telling gays to move out of the way.

Those people are so small in number as to be insignificant.

by Anonymousreply 508July 29, 2019 11:34 PM

The growing number of people who call themselves "queer" (rather than "gay") is no longer insignificant though in the LGBT community:

[quote] Pink News: "Most LGBT people in the US are bisexual or queer, a new study has revealed. A total of 51 percent of respondents did not categorise themselves as gay or lesbian."

by Anonymousreply 509July 29, 2019 11:47 PM

Yes, R504:

[quote] Nico Tortorella and Bethany Meyers wed after 11 years of on-and-off dating and have been in a “Queer polyamorous relationship,” as Meyers described in a story for LGBTQ publication Them, for over a decade ... Sharing one of their wedding photos, Meyers — who identifies as gay and has previously shared that Tortorella is the only man she can imagine having a relationship with ..."

by Anonymousreply 510July 29, 2019 11:57 PM

[Quote] Tortorella is the only man she can imagine having a relationship with

That statement isn't the same as "the only guy to which I'm sexually attracted."

by Anonymousreply 511July 30, 2019 12:00 AM

R511, it's implied. Or do you suppose they got married after a long period of dating and do not experience any mutual sexual attraction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512July 30, 2019 12:16 AM

[Quote] it's implied

No, it's not. Relationship and Sex are not one and the same. You could want to fuck many, many people and not want to marry any of them.

As for Nico and Wife, it wouldn't surprise me if sex does not play a major part in their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 513July 30, 2019 12:30 AM

R513, who cares if it's a "major" or "minor" part - as long as it's a "part" they have sexual attraction. Hollywood celebs (including D-list semi-celebs like these) say they're in a relationship. They don't generally say "we're fucking" in print - it's implied. Do you gather e.g. Matt Bomer and Simon Halls who announced their "relationship" didn't have sexual attraction when they married? And Tom "I'm not gay, I'm bi" Daley and DLB - also assumption of no sex unless they show a home video?

[quote] "Meyers identifies as gay instead of calling herself a lesbian ... "By definition, I've been in love with and slept with both men and women, which is 'technically' bisexual. I've been with Nico for so long that I can't see myself being with any other man. But I also feel more comfortable with women than men. It's complicated". "

by Anonymousreply 514July 30, 2019 1:10 AM

[Quote] who cares if it's a "major" or "minor" part - as long as it's a "part" they have sexual attraction. Hollywood celebs (including D-list semi-celebs like these) say they're in a relationship. They don't generally say "we're fucking" in print - it's implied.

I don't actually care if they fuck or not. However, it's a fact that both have had relationships with other people while remaining in each other's orbit. People who want to jump each other's bones don't tend to do that. Maybe they've experienced Lesbian Bed Death. Maybe they're still doing it like rabbits. Who knows. But none of that means that Nico is the only guy to which his wife is sexually attracted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515July 30, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote] Relationship and Sex are not one and the same. You could want to fuck many, many people and not want to marry any of them ... none of that means that Nico is the only guy to which his wife is sexually attracted.

Yes, but since Meyers now 'self-identifies' as "gay", it's highly unlikely that she currently wants to fuck many, many men. The only exception is her husband it seems: "Over those 13 years, we’ve had every iteration of a relationship that exists".

by Anonymousreply 516July 30, 2019 1:31 AM

Guys, can we bring it back to Connor and Miles?

by Anonymousreply 517July 30, 2019 1:39 AM

She said "relationship", you misreported her words as "sex/attraction". Not mutually exclusive, but neither are they synonyms.

None of this has anything to do with Connor Jessup. Perhaps you should start a thread for the topic you want to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 518July 30, 2019 1:39 AM

Sure, R518. Every time Connor Jessup announces he's in a new relationship (moreover, a lawful marriage) - we should all err on the side of caution and not report that there's any "sex/attraction" there whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 519July 30, 2019 1:50 AM

[Quote] Sure, [R518]. Every time Connor Jessup announces he's in a new relationship (moreover, a lawful marriage) - we should all err on the side of caution and not report that there's any "sex/attraction" there whatsoever.

What fresh nonsense is this?

I said I wouldn't be surprised if sex is not a major factor in Nico's marriage. That's not a denial of sexual attraction.

And putting Connor Jessup's name into a sentence doesn't make your comment on topic.

by Anonymousreply 520July 30, 2019 1:57 AM

r520 It makes it way more on topic than the stuff you've been ranting about.

by Anonymousreply 521July 30, 2019 2:04 AM

This thread is proof that someone needs to start a Connor and smiles thread.

by Anonymousreply 522July 30, 2019 2:05 AM

Connor and Miles. Fuck autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 523July 30, 2019 2:06 AM

Connor and smiles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524July 30, 2019 2:08 AM

[Quote] It makes it way more on topic than the stuff you've been ranting about.

I haven't been ranting at all. I engaged with a troll.

by Anonymousreply 525July 30, 2019 2:10 AM

r523 A Connor & Miles thread is way way overdue.

by Anonymousreply 526July 30, 2019 2:19 AM

R525, you're the one who initiated a trivial argument about the nuanced semantics of the word "relationship". If you're going to call others trolls, then please start with yourself.

by Anonymousreply 527July 30, 2019 2:22 AM

r527

Physician, heal thyself.

r527 = r469 = r479 = r503

If you're really concerned with Queerness, start a thread about it. (You won't.)

by Anonymousreply 528July 30, 2019 2:31 AM

*correction

R527 = R469 = R478 = R503

by Anonymousreply 529July 30, 2019 2:32 AM

r527 Go away! This is a thread about Connor. I'm gonna tell his mom that you're criticizing the way he came out.

by Anonymousreply 530July 30, 2019 2:51 AM

This whole thread has turned into a dumpster fire.

by Anonymousreply 531July 30, 2019 2:59 AM

R528, you made almost 20% (!) of all the posts on this thread… you need the physician more, I’m afraid.

And if you’re so concerned about the trivial semantics of the word “relationship” - feel free to start your own thread too. But you won’t - because you don’t practice what you preach.

by Anonymousreply 532July 30, 2019 3:00 AM

R531 It needs to be burned into the ground. Just start the Connor and Miles thread already.

by Anonymousreply 533July 30, 2019 3:03 AM

[Quote] you need the physician more

"Physician, heal thyself" means you don't need outside help. You can make that change. Now start the thread you want to start.

And start the Connor & Miles thread while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 534July 30, 2019 3:05 AM

R522 The typo is especially hilarious considering Miles has never smiled a day in his life

by Anonymousreply 535July 30, 2019 3:12 AM

He does when I'm around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536July 30, 2019 3:14 AM

R534, and I'm advising you to get an outside physician for yourself. Just for good measure. To keep your own Tartufferie in check before accusing others.

by Anonymousreply 537July 30, 2019 3:23 AM

r537

The moment has passed. Kudos for "Tartufferie", though.

by Anonymousreply 538July 30, 2019 3:37 AM

r536 Mae clings to Miles like she's his mom. She needs to let him leave the nest!

by Anonymousreply 539July 30, 2019 3:47 AM

Miles might be River Phoenix if it weren't for Mae.

by Anonymousreply 540July 30, 2019 4:05 AM

That Clipka girl was a bad influence.

by Anonymousreply 541July 30, 2019 4:14 AM

She’s referred to him as her crush.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542July 30, 2019 4:36 AM

R536 More smiles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543July 30, 2019 4:40 AM

R536 Uno mas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544July 30, 2019 4:55 AM

If Miles wants to procreate, we know who he only has to ask.

by Anonymousreply 545July 30, 2019 5:01 AM

Mae would carry, that's a given...no test tubes, she wants the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 546July 30, 2019 5:03 AM

Would she take Connor's seed, or just Miles'?

by Anonymousreply 547July 30, 2019 11:47 AM

I don't think she'd want to birth a Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 548July 30, 2019 12:03 PM

She would only want Miles' man goo in her.

by Anonymousreply 549August 1, 2019 2:39 AM

A film that Connor is going to be in will be screening at the Toronto Film Festival, and he STILL managed to use the word “erudite” in his tweet about it.

He must be insufferable at dinner parties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 1, 2019 6:18 AM

It's pretty clear their relationship is open. I don't see the relationship lasting.

by Anonymousreply 551August 1, 2019 6:28 AM

R551 And how exactly is it pretty clear?

by Anonymousreply 552August 1, 2019 6:31 AM

I would bottom for Sly Stone in a heartbeat. I've had a life long crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 553August 1, 2019 6:40 AM

[Quote] I would bottom for Sly Stone in a heartbeat. I've had a life long crush on him.

Doris, you're dead

by Anonymousreply 554August 1, 2019 6:43 AM

R551 Do they even have time for an open releationship? They work a lot and spend every minute they're not working with each other.

by Anonymousreply 555August 1, 2019 9:52 AM

There's all ways time to fuck extras/background artists.

by Anonymousreply 556August 1, 2019 9:55 AM

NOt everybody is a slut (nothing wrong with being a slut)

by Anonymousreply 557August 1, 2019 1:52 PM

They are two gay guys in their twenties who are in an international long distance relationship, so it wouldn’t be surprising at all if they had an arrangement for when they are horny and apart.

That being said, if they are hooking up a lot with strangers it’s disappointing that there are zero stories.

by Anonymousreply 558August 1, 2019 2:09 PM

R558 Connor doesn't strike me as being a guy who accepts open relationships, but you never know I guess.

by Anonymousreply 559August 1, 2019 3:30 PM

R559 Yeah Connor being into that would be very surprising

by Anonymousreply 560August 1, 2019 3:42 PM

Connor is a noted lover of Asian culture. Concubinage may be right up his alley.

by Anonymousreply 561August 1, 2019 3:49 PM

A couple in their honeymoon phase are not going to be open to a third person. People try open relationships when things get stale between them but they don't yet want to separate.

by Anonymousreply 562August 1, 2019 5:07 PM

How very dare you, r562.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 1, 2019 5:11 PM

Connor seems possessive.

by Anonymousreply 564August 1, 2019 5:17 PM

I swear some of you flick your bean at the thought of one half of a couple being "possessive."

by Anonymousreply 565August 1, 2019 5:36 PM

An we are back to fan fiction

by Anonymousreply 566August 1, 2019 5:59 PM

R566 Well no one’s stopping Connor from leaking his damn nudes. Until then we’ve got nothing.

by Anonymousreply 567August 1, 2019 6:32 PM

I doubt he is that kind of guy

by Anonymousreply 568August 1, 2019 6:36 PM

R565 It’s also amusing that people don’t think this couple would be sexually adventurous when there are public photos of Miles walking around wearing S&M shirts and chokers that spell out “whore.”

by Anonymousreply 569August 1, 2019 6:38 PM

Miles seems like he would be up for some real kinky shit so it’s funny that he’s shacked up with Connor who seems so boring and vanilla

by Anonymousreply 570August 1, 2019 6:47 PM

R569: They are cute young boys, so people assume they are bottoms and vanilla which is a totally stupid stereotype (but it seems gays are as proclive to accept tired stereotypes as straights are, but in this type of case a gay man should known better)

by Anonymousreply 571August 1, 2019 6:49 PM

[quote]An we are back to fan fiction

Have you read mine about the threesome they had with Joey Pollari?

by Anonymousreply 572August 1, 2019 7:14 PM

I'm confused because on the surface Connor seems to be the top. Purely based on stereotypes he seems slightly more masculine. Miles just screams bottom. But then there's all the clinginess and possessivness by Connor, which is usually traits of someone who is fucked long and good. Connor has such a big smile on him when he's with Miles. I get the feeling Miles is actually the top. He's probably really kinky and great in bed, which is why Connor is so dickmatized.

by Anonymousreply 573August 1, 2019 7:42 PM

Or it could be that Connor tops Miles and is just totally in love with him. Miles was screaming bottom when he was on Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 574August 1, 2019 7:59 PM

Man, this thread really went to shit, lol.

R573 Where has Connor shown himself to be clingy/possessive? You don't know enough about Connor to assume you know what he's like as person. Despite being much more open with his personality than Miles, there is still much about that the public don't know about him. You are projecting on him and pushing your own need for stereotypes onto a person you don't know and a relationship you aren't in and have no real insight in to. The handful of pictures that have been posted and the limited interaction the two have had on IG is not nearly enough to justify these conclusions you are jumping to.

by Anonymousreply 575August 1, 2019 8:43 PM

R575 Connor's possessiveness...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576August 1, 2019 9:04 PM

r576 That's not possessiveness. That's a boy in love who wants all the world to know it.

by Anonymousreply 577August 1, 2019 10:06 PM

R575 I think what R573 is saying is that despite Miles being more outwardly effeminate, Connor’s lovesick schoolboy behavior towards Miles - not just that photo but his posts, his comments, his immediate likes, the photos he posts of Miles’ friends - when compared to Miles’ cold stoicism, actually makes Connor come across as the traditionally more subservient partner.

by Anonymousreply 578August 1, 2019 11:02 PM

R578 I think this is the first time Connor is in love by the way he acts. But this is not Miles' first time... he seemed pretty stuck on Brandon a couple of years back.

by Anonymousreply 579August 1, 2019 11:07 PM

Sorry, but skinny, fashionable twinks like Conner and Miles are typically fem bottoms. Masculine guys either become skinny-fat, muscle-beefy, or fat-fat. If they are actually topping each other, it’s probably forced and unfulfilling...or just plain non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 580August 1, 2019 11:27 PM

R580 There is more to a relationship than top/bottom sex.

by Anonymousreply 581August 1, 2019 11:36 PM

r580 If they're topping each other they're also bottoming each other. It's more fulfilling than you'd think.

by Anonymousreply 582August 1, 2019 11:45 PM

R580 It’s insane that you would consider Connor and Miles the same type of twins... I don’t think anyone would describe Connor as skinny and fashionable

by Anonymousreply 583August 2, 2019 12:12 AM

*Twinks

by Anonymousreply 584August 2, 2019 12:41 AM

Brandon always gave off a vibe that he was a freak between the sheets and maybe he was too much for Miles to handle.. LOL

Connor is probably more of a passionate lover who loves to cuddle thus more of a match for Miles who comes across as vanilla.

Nothing at all wrong with vanilla mind you..

But I will say Connor is the most handsome of all three.

by Anonymousreply 585August 2, 2019 12:29 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if Brandon was community dick.

by Anonymousreply 586August 2, 2019 12:30 PM

R580: Most ridiculous post in a good while

by Anonymousreply 587August 2, 2019 1:30 PM

[Quote][R575] I think what [R573] is saying is that despite Miles being more outwardly effeminate, Connor’s lovesick schoolboy behavior towards Miles - not just that photo but his posts, his comments, his immediate likes, the photos he posts of Miles’ friends - when compared to Miles’ cold stoicism, actually makes Connor come across as the traditionally more subservient partner.

R578 You nailed it. That's exactly what I meant to say. Thank you for being so eloquent.

by Anonymousreply 588August 2, 2019 4:23 PM

Connor could be all those things quoted at the beginning by r588 and not remotely subservient (submissive?). He could be controlling for all you know.

by Anonymousreply 589August 2, 2019 4:47 PM

R585 Miles seemed fun when he and Brandon were fucking, but as stated above Brandon for sure seems like a community dick, so maybe Miles is happier with someone more vanilla like Connor.

They’re all very different types, but I think Miles is the prettiest.

by Anonymousreply 590August 2, 2019 6:10 PM

R589 Well Connor as a bossy bottom would be hot. We already know he likes to direct.

by Anonymousreply 591August 2, 2019 6:25 PM

Should we kill this? Who’s starting the Connor and Miles thread?

by Anonymousreply 592August 2, 2019 7:20 PM

Give me that fucking load!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593August 2, 2019 7:40 PM

I'll start it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 3, 2019 12:17 AM

Let’s close this out then...

by Anonymousreply 595August 3, 2019 12:39 AM

<3 Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596August 3, 2019 12:40 AM

Dog love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597August 3, 2019 12:41 AM

More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598August 3, 2019 12:42 AM

And another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599August 3, 2019 12:43 AM

See everyone in the new thread!

by Anonymousreply 600August 3, 2019 12:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!