Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Slavery Reparations

Sorry, but free money is not available to those who are multiple generations removed from the fact. Do you disagree?

Opinion: America is all about success if you work for it. Otherwise, fuck off.

Every nation on Earth was something else before it was as it is today (in most cases, several times over), and the nature of humanity has shown, through many eras, that less technologically advanced cultures are overrun. Europe, Africa, Asia... This is invariable.

Pick yourselves up and move forward, or perish. Not a cent to you otherwise.

Opinions?

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2019 11:41 AM

F&F. BLOCKED.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2019 6:55 AM

Hitler is back and OP is his Prophet.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2019 6:56 AM

Should England pay raparations to the Picts?

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2019 7:05 AM

This will never happen. It just won't.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2019 7:07 AM

We gays should get reparations from straights....including black straights who have beaten us up. And yes this does happen. I've had black guys shout at me and previous boyfriends in the street, calling us fags etc. I was punched by a black guy on a subway cause he didn't like how close to a guy I was. I expect a ton of you are going call me racist now but it's just my experience and it does happen. I've never had that kind of abuse from white straights though.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2019 7:11 AM

It is not about slavery anymore but the current people who are still alive and that had to go through the Jim Crow era. Whites reveived many things that blacks were not so i think it is fair

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2019 7:11 AM

Equal opportunity and access, a level playing field, protection under the law. Do you seriously believe we live in that world? Do you believe there is no such thing as white AND male privilege? I would rather see the essential unfairness of the american system get fixed but how many more generations will that take-- if ever. Until then reparations are a good starting point for discussion.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2019 7:19 AM

OP, you're a worn out douchenozzle and a piece of shit. F&F and blocked.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2019 7:23 AM

R7 The only problem is how you do it. You can't open the Pandora box, because it will just never stop. I mean what about Native Americans?

I think putting more public money in black areas for school or hospitals is fair, giving black people money for reparation is dumb.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2019 7:26 AM

The reparations for Black Americans would cost over a Trillion Dollars.

Who's paying for that?

Which gives over a $100k to every black person but...how is that magically going to improve the lives of people? That will buy you a small house in a rural area and that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2019 7:32 AM

100k can get a family out of debt, help pay for college or a training program for your kids, help you move from a shitty crime ridden neighborhood, not work three jobs --and give you time to actually raise your children.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2019 7:40 AM

R11 What magical fairyland part of the country do you live where all that's gonna happen with $100k?

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2019 8:01 AM

In most cases that 100k would be as good as thrown to the wind by most recipients. 1 month after they get it they won't have a thing to show for it that would have any lasting benefit to them. There won't be a 60" flat screen TV available anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2019 11:01 AM

The Black experience in America is far from unique. Blacks are no more deserving of "reparations" than Jews, First Nations, Hispanics, Italians, Irish, East Asians, women, gays and every other minority that has suffered discrimination, prejudice and bigotry from the majority.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2019 11:05 AM

The Black experience in America is slavery long past the time when it was acceptable in other countries. We didn't enslave Jews, Italians, Caucasian women, Irish, East Asians, or any other racial or ethnic group. In America we enslaved blacks and that is unique here.

As for reparations, it seems unlikely and probably impossible to do so late, we should have done it more than a hundred years ago. Of course Jim Crow brings up another issue and that is far more recent. Reparations still may not be a sensible idea but dismissing it out of hand shows a lack of historical knowledge regarding the United States.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2019 11:23 AM

[quote]The Black experience in America is slavery long past the time when it was acceptable in other countries.

Slavery continued on long after America abolished it and slavery continues on to this day in Africa and Asia.

[quote]We didn't enslave Jews, Italians, Caucasian women, Irish, East Asians, or any other racial or ethnic group. In America we enslaved blacks and that is unique here.

First Nations, East Asians, and Hispanics were all enslaved. Caucausian women were worthless chattel. At least Black women, as a commodity, had value.

[quote]dismissing it out of hand shows a lack of historical knowledge regarding the United States.

Dismissing it out of hand shows far more "knowledge" regarding not only the "United States" and the reality of historic discrimination of various minorities, which in many cases, continues to this day, but how woefully misguided due to blinkered ignorance "reparation" demands are.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2019 11:39 AM

You are totally full of shit, R16, but thanks for stopping by.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2019 11:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!