Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s With All These Muscular Young Men Today?

I’ve never seen so many teenagers in the gym.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2019 7:26 PM

They're thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2019 2:21 AM

Gym membership is cheaper than a drug habit.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2019 2:22 AM

Are those teens, in your illustration?? Bearded guys looks 30s or 40s

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2019 2:35 AM

They've always been around, Instagram just makes it easier to see them.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2019 2:37 AM

Our generation is just the best for this sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2019 3:28 AM

They’ve always been around? Since when have teenagers like this been around?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2019 2:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2019 2:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2019 2:38 AM

[quote]What’s With All These Muscular Young Men Today?

Instagram, entitlement and narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2019 2:41 AM

^^^Yup. They all wanna be hot. My nephew is 14 and wanted eggplant socks and is obsessed with working out.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2019 5:26 AM

Eggplant socks?

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2019 5:32 AM

Yeah like boys at the gym are crazy. They keep lifting their shirts and checking their abs. Every few minutes. It's pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2019 5:33 AM

I don't like them.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2019 5:34 AM

R11 Yea because of the eggplant emoji representing a big dick. It's because what they see on social media. Fitness models and big dicks. It's crazy. I never remember so many guys working out. Definitely not in high school/middle school either. My sister caught him in the bathroom coming out of the shower with his phone on video mode. Everybody wants to be hot. All the girls and guys want no waist and a fat ass looking like you know who and all the guys want the gains and to post their fitness routine and transformation. I've been working out 20 years and my nephew was trying to school me on exercises. He was so happy to get those socks with eggplants on them. Sit your fucking ass down little kid. Can't stand it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2019 5:41 AM

They also wanna wear compression shirts, tights, and shorts/underwear. I can't imagine wearing something like that at 14. They are oversexed.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2019 5:44 AM

A visit to your local mall on the weekend will show you that the vast majority of young men and women are most definitely not muscular.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2019 6:10 AM

^^^ R16 BINGO

OP is seeing what he wants to see.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2019 6:15 AM

I see plenty of soft teenage fatties

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2019 6:20 AM

It's due to the massive spread of homosexuality

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2019 6:30 AM

I blame the superhero movies. Most images of men in media are ripped hunks. It reminds me of the 90’s when deathly anorexia was in for women.

I watched something from around 1998 recently and I was shocked just how dangerously unhealthy all the women looked. Blame David E. Kelley and Joss Whedon for that trend.

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2019 6:49 AM

^^^ What's THAT supposed to mean?!

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2019 7:04 AM

If you look like me it's dangerous. I'm black muscular, hung, handsome. Got a big eggplant and it's not emoji. These young boys coming up all sides of me and most of them not gay. They want me to be uncle vince to them and hang out and smoke some. Ask about my gear and my plan. Admire my skin and beard. Some are more bold. Very much the flirts, looking me up and down and licking their lips. I did take one for a drive for Mexican and some sock shopping. He paid, ha. But this other boy gonna get it deep and prolonged the next week my bf goes away. His ass is like t h a t .

He better be 17 like he says.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2019 7:26 AM

Where do they come up to you, R22?

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2019 7:58 AM

It's the rise if social media, and dare I say it, the media's tapping into the gay aesthetic of muscle. These straight boys wouldn't have been doing this in such numbers 20 years ago. The media, because of greater acceptance if gay men has embraced the "gay gaze". This us why metrosexuals came about. In a strange way WE helped create this culture.

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2019 7:59 AM

Straight guys have in effect adopted our narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2019 8:01 AM

Yes it is a massive pandemic. They actually have very unnatural looking bodies, because they are still growing (and full of their own growth hormones) and working out at the same time. Therefore they get incredible gains for a fraction of the effort an over 21 year old would have to put in.

Remember when teenager guys used to be skinny like sticks? I certainly was. Teenage guys today over work their top half, so they have huge shoulders and muscled chest, but they still have the tiny skinny boy waist.

They then spend all their time taking nude or shirtless photos of themselves.

And there is totally a huge increase in (what would have previously been) typical straight teenagers wanting action with other men. They get off on having their dicks sucked by men and being muscle worshipped. It’s all part of their narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2019 8:21 AM

It’s pretty obvious why... social media. They need to look like that to gain big followings and big followings mean they’re “important” and relevant in today’s world.

Some build whole careers off this.

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2019 9:32 AM

R27. So right. It's kind if sad really. I mean don't get me wrong they look hot, but what happens when the thrill of being young and fit and getting anyone you want dwindles by yr 40s or 50s? For these guys it's going to be very difficult. But it happens to all if us whatever our physicality. I guess they enjoy it while it lasts. But how soulless to just base your validity on looks. Many of them actually start to believe they are superior beings too.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2019 10:11 AM

R28 yup. My former bitchy gay boss from Illinois posts half naked pics on Instagram and frequents Grindr but rarely hooks up. Someone asked him why he does Grindr if he never hooks up with most of the guys and he said straight out “for validation”

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2019 10:15 AM

It's all because of social media. R20 I didn't think about superhero movies but that makes sense too.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2019 12:26 PM

It seems to me that more men in their early 20's are much more fluid about their sexuality. Thus, an increase in body image issues.

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2019 12:58 PM

I don't know, OP. I recall lusting after guys like that when I was in high school in the 1980s. I saw their bodies in the locker room, though, not on social media. Maybe not as 'ripped', but no one knew (figuratively) the difference between a carb and a protein back then.

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2019 1:02 PM

The boys submit shirtless photos showing their abs, and handsome faces, to be have that little extra for admittance to the Ivy League. Well, certainly for Brown.

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2019 1:14 PM

When their looks fade, they will turn to steroids to become superhuman - what 40 year olds can't do naturally.

Ask Dr. Jake.

Oh, and they'll pontificate about all the lessons they learned in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2019 2:18 PM

It also could be because places like Blink and Planet Fitness are only 10 dollars a month, so well within a teenager's budget. When I was in high school the local gym was at least $40-$50 per month.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2019 2:33 PM

It’s because of social media.

Old Queens out of touch yet again.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2019 3:04 PM

Where can I meet them?

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2019 3:13 PM

Fornication!

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2019 6:05 PM

You can’t handle these hot young studs.

Your hearts will explore and your jaws and holes will tire as they can go forever.

Take your meds, Gramps

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2019 7:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!