Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET John Edwards and Rielle Hunter?

What a disgusting pair. Their daughter has no shot at being normal.

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2019 12:09 AM

Are we talking about the hot daddy John Edwards, former politician ??

He should have been our Vice-president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 9:57 PM

I just discovered this AMAZING thing called Google and look what I found, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 9:58 PM

The kid is very pretty and doesn't resemble a Picasso painting like some *ahem* other whore's political kid.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 10:00 PM

I am glad John is a good dad and the kid is growing up fine.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 10:01 PM

Has his son grown up to be a hot, fuckable politician's spawn now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 10:15 PM

We lucked out avoiding that fucker as POTUS thanks to National Enquirer. Feel gross saying it but it's true. That girl is good for now but who knows what kind of stories she'll tell when she's older about growing up with a narcissistic, crazy mom.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 10:17 PM

I don't know what John looks like now, but he was so hot back in the mid 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 10:26 PM

Rielle actually seems like a very decent, smart and good person and mother in the clip. I hope that's true.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 10:27 PM

Where's the sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 10:29 PM

Kinda off track, hopefully in 2 years we will be saying:

WHET Donald Trump and Melania? What a disgusting pair. Their son has no shot at being normal.

Please let it be so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 10:34 PM

God, he was hot. I had high hopes for him too. Whomp whomp.

(Always hated her, though, what a cunt).

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 10:37 PM

That book by his former assistant was a PAGE TURNER!!!!

Holy shit- great read.

Elizabeth did sound like a NASTY lady though. Really nasty. (May she RIP)

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 10:41 PM

r9, my first thought exactly when I saw this thread.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 10:49 PM

R12, please provide more details. From what I have heard, the book reveals that Mrs. Edwards wore the pants in that relationship. What John did to her was fucked up. All while proclaiming himself to be a common man "for the little guy". For some reason, those words coming from a sociopathic cheater aren't very believable.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 10:54 PM

Crotch shot!! Ooohhh aaaahhhh....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 10:59 PM

Don"t forget the Ryan to his Aaron, Andrew Young. He was hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 11:05 PM

Hadn't thought about that lot in some while. Before all the mayhem arrived, my thought was that I liked Edwards' message, didn't like Edwards.

Among the candidates, he woulda been in with a strong chance -- for the title of Candidate Most Likely to Have an Affair

Credit where it's due, though; he was ahead of the curve in talking about poverty. I wasn't in love with "Two Americas" to describe things, but the facts make it all to clear that what he was saying was correct.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 11:26 PM

"Rielle actually seems like a very decent, smart and good person and mother in the clip. I hope that's true."

It's not true. She's batshit crazy. A flake, and at one time, a raging cokehead. After an interview with Oprah Winfrey, one commentator called her "undeniably awful."

Edwards was quite the piece of work. He cheated on his dying wife with that, that THING. They even made a sex tape where Edwards was reportedly eating out a visibly pregnant Hunter. He ingratiated himself with a rich old bag named Bunny Mellon. She gave him hundreds of thousands of dollars that she thought was being used to "save America (she thought she was donating to his campaign for President)" but were in fact being used to keep his weirdo mistress happy. When charged with using campaign funds illegally he claimed the money was "gifts." A biography of Bunny Mellon said that he requested that she give him millions of dollars in order to start a "foundation" to "fight poverty." She didn't give it to him. He also wanted her to pay his legal bills! She didn't do that, either. Edwards seems like a sociopath. Maybe that's why he and Rielle Hunter clicked. They both are obviously VERY mentally fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 11:28 PM

Elizabeth very likely got breast cancer as a result of all those hormone treatments she had in order to get pregnant with their younger children. She gave birth to them when she was 49 and 51. The way that JE treated her after she went through all of that was just disgraceful. More evil was the way that he used her cancer to further his own narrative of a saintly family man and husband.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 11:40 PM

If you read the book Game Change, you’ll see that Edwards’ wife liked to put him down and basically emasculate him. She was known to be a total bitch. Edwards’ people tried to keep him away from that nutcase Rielle Hunter — they saw her as dangerous and unstable. She had one goal in mind — get knocked up by Edwards. If she were such a good mother, she wouldn’t be going on tv to talk about her life and drag the kid out before the cameras. Nutcase then, still a nutcase. I feel sorry for the child.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 11:42 PM

The narrative of Elizabeth being awful was perpetuated by crazy Rielle. Rielle's brain has been so fucked up by drugs on top of the cray, she was so fucked up that Jay McInerney based a character on her in his novel Less Than Zero in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 11:43 PM

I read Andrew’s book. I think he was in love with Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2019 11:45 PM

I would watch that sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote] We lucked out avoiding that fucker as POTUS thanks to National Enquirer.

Yes we Americans are very lucky to have the National Enquirer get involved in our presidential elections.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2019 11:49 PM

"Yes we Americans are very lucky to have the National Enquirer get involved in our presidential elections."

Well, it did do the country a great service by exposing Edwards. He fooled a lot of people into thinking he might be a good Presidential candidate. But oh my God, he was/is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2019 11:54 PM

Though I'll admit I thought Edwards was attractive back then, it's hard to look at video or even photos from back then NOW and not see the slime.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2019 11:55 PM

The book was not Less Than Zero. That was written by Bret Easton Ellis. The book was Story of My Life.

Elizabeth as a nightmare was not a myth created by Rielle.

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2019 11:55 PM

R27 Rielle did fuck Bret Ellis's friend Jay McInerney who failed as a writer but succeeded as a kept man by marrying one of the dull Hearst vacherines. (Cow milk cheese producer). He totally played Bunny Mellon and was ultimately bannned from her funeral by the Mellon family.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2019 12:10 AM

Horrible people, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2019 12:14 AM

Before she died, Elizabeth Edwards didn't dispute the way she was described in Game Change — as a nightmare, frankly — and called the book useful to her, in helping her see how she was perceived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2019 12:15 AM

Details about the sex tape:

[quote]The Daily Beast can now describe the video in detail, based on accounts from multiple people who have viewed it. One source who has a medical background and has worked with pregnant patients says Hunter appears four or five months pregnant based on the swollen state of her belly and nipples.

[quote]On the video, both participants are naked. Hunter is propped up against the hotel bed headboard, with John Edwards belly-down on the bed between her legs. As Hunter, the campaign's official videographer, holds the camera, a smiling Edwards performs oral sex. Because of the camera angle, Hunter's face is not visible, but her distinctive jewelry is. Not only does candidate Edwards know he's being filmed, one source says, he's also clowning around and "graphically performing for the camera."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2019 12:20 AM

I was initially an Edwards supporter ( for possibly wrong reasons) and wary of that radical Obama( also for some wrong reasons, I hate to say). I am so glad it turned out as it did and we had those great years with the Obamas.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2019 12:23 AM

R5, that son, Wade, is dead. He died in a car crash when we were seniors in high school. His death was widely seen in Raleigh as what pushed Elizabeth over the edge. She had a classic mental breakdown and then decided they needed to have more kids, thus the final two kids when she was late forties, early fifties.

His oldest child, Cate, is a lawyer and she and her father went into practice together. She seems to be a really great person and was very involved in the raising of Elizabeth’s youngest two kids after she died.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2019 12:28 AM

on the nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2019 12:32 AM

Quite honestly, if r34 doesn't tell you exactly who Edwards is........

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2019 1:05 AM

All I will add is that IVF treatments definitely can bring on cancer or at least accelerate the growth of tumors. I know more than one woman who did IVF and then got cancer. One I worked with, very very sadly, died after having twins. She was in her 40s. I think most women are ok, but it's definitely not something I would do at that advanced an age.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2019 1:17 AM

I would have LOVED for the sex tape to have become public. John Edwards, with that smarmy, slimy grin of his, between his crazy mistress's legs, her belly swollen with their love child...what a sight to see!

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2019 1:42 AM

Most forms of breast and uterine cancer devour and thrive on estrogen.

Pumping yourself full of it for IVF, at an age when your body wants you to have less of it, can be a kamikaze mission.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2019 1:44 AM

R37. I should block you, hussy!

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2019 1:47 AM

A tragic story but not to blatant maybe because he didn’t marry his mistress.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2019 1:52 AM

Oh R33, thank you. This is sad. I feel stupid now for asking. Tragedy upon tragedy....

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2019 7:46 AM

He will get mouth cancer from her killer cunt. Also, what good is a sex tape if you can't see the cock?

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2019 8:36 PM

Elizabeth Edwards was absolutely devastated when her son Wade was killed. She would go to his grave and read to him; yes, she would read to the grave of her dead son. I suppose she thought that having more children would help assuage her grief. How sad that her having more children destroyed her health and left them motherless.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2019 8:46 PM

The description of that sex tape sounds absolutely VILE. I'd rather watch 2 girls, 1 cup for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2019 8:56 PM

So the whole thing is standard issue politician behavior in my mind. What is fucked up to me is that she didn’t get an abortion. She screwed over everything and everybody by having the kid - and she did it intentionally. The cheating ,the affair, even the explore of it would have been horrible but everyone could move on. But she HAD to bring a child into the sordid mess. Truly egocentric.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2019 9:01 PM

^exposure of it

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2019 9:01 PM

This is from his law firm's website. Looks rather recent(ish). He looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2019 9:45 PM

You people saying we dodged a bullet with Edwards because of his personal life couldn't be more wrong. John Kennedy wrote the book on how to be a great president while living a personal life full of debauchery. John Edwards was a choir boy compared to John Kennedy (and plenty others).

He would have been a great POTUS. Of that I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2019 9:47 PM

Another frau thread. Shut this thread down already, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2019 9:47 PM

OP, not nearly as disgusting as that fucked up degenerate we have in the White House right now.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2019 9:53 PM

Somebody upthread barking about Edwards' "vile" sex tape is laughable. I wonder what he thinks when he's on his knees in front of some dude with a hard cock rammed down his throat, or when he has his face smashed tightly into some dude's anus licking for all he's worth? The faux hypocrisy in this thread is laughable. And all the more heinous as it's from gay men who are still thought of as little more than wild animals by a not so insignificant portion of the population.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2019 9:57 PM

Oh R51, I've got YOUR NUMBER, HUSSY!

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2019 10:06 PM

R51 is a black frau.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2019 10:10 PM

R51, go shove a dirty cunt in your blow hole and GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2019 10:12 PM

Sadly, Elizabeth Edwards is a forgotten Datalounge Icon.

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2019 10:53 PM

That video in R34 of Edwards having his hair styled is so bizarre. After all the spritzing and combing and brushing it back with his hand...it looks exactly as it did when he started.

But it's nice to hear Julie Andrews singing West Side Story at the same time. Perhaps Spielberg should fix up a cameo for her in his WSS film. She's really got that music in her instrument now.

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2019 11:03 PM

"This is from his law firm's website. Looks rather recent(ish). He looks good."

I don't think that's a recent picture. At any rate, his appeal has always been overrated. He always had this smarmy, slimy, self-satisfied look about him.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2019 11:07 PM

"He would have been a great POTUS. Of that I'm sure."

Shut up, you dumb troll. Edwards was/is a full of shit sleaze.

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2019 11:10 PM

I recall when Elizabeth heard about the affair she was wailing on a tarmac and bared her breasts? But I also have heard she was a total abusive asshole to John. I guess just a complicated story,

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote] [R51] is a black frau.

Well you could have fooled me. I've been a very white gay man probably for far longer than a dumbass nitwit like you have been alive

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2019 11:29 PM

R58 you have a dribble of semen running down your chin. Don't you know how to clean yourself up?

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2019 11:30 PM

R61, don't you know your love of John Edwards reveals you as a retard? Go lick his dingleberry encrusted asshole. You know you want to.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2019 11:40 PM

Oh give me a break R62! John Edwards’s only fault was he got caught cheating on a dying woman. In all other ways he was qualified. No one runs for President that isn’t vain or that doesn’t believe they are the smartest person in the room. Practically all of them have cheated on their wives.

R59, I don’t know about that but there is a famous story in Raleigh about her ripping her shirt open in the middle of the Harris Teeter in Glenwood Village. She was walking down the aisle and saw Wade’s (the dead son) favorite soft drink and just went crazy. Screaming like a banshee, she ripped her shirt off and rolled around on the floor like she was at a tent revival. I was not there but know someone who was and she swore it happened.

I’ve also been told that she kept his room exactly as it was the day he died, and wouldn’t even let the maid vacuum in there. I don’t know if this actually true but it sounds entirely true to type.

I remember her funeral, the largest I’d ever seen in Raleigh. It rained like Noah’s Ark and Westboro Baptist Church picketed it and hundreds of people turned out to protest them and it just turned into a complete circus.

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2019 11:46 PM

His late wife was mentally ill. A man can only take so much.

by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2019 12:28 AM

"His late wife was mentally ill. A man can only take so much."

His late wife was a smart, dynamic woman. He was a doofus. And the person he chose to cheat on her with is proof positive that he's scum. In addition to his cheating with a straw-haired, coked out, rat-faced skank, he did a Max Bialystock number on the withered old socialite Bunny Mellon. He wanted her millions for his own personal use. I can hear him say to her "Did you bring the checkie? Can't run political campaigns without checkies!" What a scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2019 1:02 AM

I know WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN? is a DL meme, but, I'm jumping on that bandwagon.

I find it very distasteful that both Rielle Hunter and whoever that interviewer is found it OK to exploit an 8 years old child.

On the other end of the spectrum, count me as always wanting a look at that sex tape; the only celebrity one I've ever wanted to see.

by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2019 1:23 AM

Damn. That's an awful picture of Edwards at R5.

by Anonymousreply 67June 21, 2019 1:30 AM

He cheated on a wife who was not the woman she presented to the public. I suppose all in this thread have always been faithful to their partners and spouses. JFK cheated on his wife every day sometimes a few times a day. You know what? I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 68June 21, 2019 1:31 AM

His only sin was marrying an evil frau like his then wife.

Ughh, I still remember how both Johns defended gay unions when everyone was telling them it was suicide. Damn! What a great president and Vice president they would have been.

by Anonymousreply 69June 21, 2019 1:51 AM

John McCain married his mistress (Cindy), and look what they spawned. Sometimes it is good to keep it covered. John Edwards was scum.

by Anonymousreply 70June 21, 2019 1:53 AM

"His only sin was marrying an evil frau like his then wife."

No, his sin is cheating on his dying spouse. Cheating on her with a rat-faced, nutso cokehead. Another sin is taking Bunny Mellon's money and using it to keep ugly mistress happy. His sin is being a scumbag douche.

by Anonymousreply 71June 21, 2019 1:54 AM

"Damn! What a great president and Vice president they would have been."

Damn! You are a retard.

by Anonymousreply 72June 21, 2019 1:54 AM

He was a hot daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 21, 2019 1:59 AM

Cindy McCain was also beautiful and worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Very smart of him.

by Anonymousreply 74June 21, 2019 3:09 AM

Thanks Tony for the gossip. Elizabeth seemed wacky.

by Anonymousreply 75June 21, 2019 4:13 AM

r68 I don't give a fuck about the adultery per se, consenting adults and all that. What I do care about is the seedy shit around it, like scamming an elderly socialite to pay off your mistress. Having suspect taste in women, i.e. putting your dick in crazy, is another thing that becomes problematic when you're in the Oval Office. It's too much of a ridiculous distraction for the staff and security detail to deal with trying to keep the lid on everything to avoid a "Fuckhead and the Cunt" scenario around the POTUS.

As for JFK, he shared women with the mob. Again, not about the adultery, but not smart.

by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2019 4:35 AM

Yeah, the whole ruse with the documentary filmmaker was so sleazy. And reckless. I loved him before but got great satisfaction from his mens room freakout at the Beverly Hills hotel when the Enquirer or whoever caught up with him. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 77June 21, 2019 3:42 PM

Edwards was loathed by all the other democratic candidates when he ran for president. Usually behind the scenes the various candidates are friendly towards each other but virtually eveybody hated Edwards. The biggest thing they seemed to hate is he was so opposite of what he was trying to portray.

The comments about Bunny Mellon are not fair. Bunny s closest personal friend for 50 years was Jackie Onnasis. Edwards reminded Bunny of JFK whom she knew very well. Bunny was in her mid to late 90 s and her judgement was somewhat off at that point. Edwards took extreme advantage of Bunny. What a piece of shit he was. There was nothing illegal about Mellons gifts to Edwards which totalled well over a million dollars. She gave the money as gifts to Edwards and paid the gift tax as well to the IRS.

by Anonymousreply 78June 21, 2019 7:07 PM

R74 How does that justify what McCain did? Because Cindy was beautiful and rich? It was great that he cheated on his disabled wife?

In that case, Rielle was young and fertile, great move for Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 79June 21, 2019 7:14 PM

[quote] Oh give me a break [R62]! John Edwards’s only fault was he got caught cheating on a dying woman.

That's a fairly large flaw (he couldn't have waited for her to die?), compounded by the facts that his mistress was a psycho bimbo and he was dumb enough to knock her up. No matter how well-qualified he otherwise was to be president, his presidency would have been fatally tainted by the scandal.

by Anonymousreply 80June 21, 2019 7:16 PM

I remember listening to Elizabeth Edward's funeral on C-SPAN or some such thing; I was really struck about how her friends described as this incredibly difficult person - always had to win at games, one up other people, would comment if you'd gained weight or looked particularly sloppy - all of this was told with affection & she was very generous and loving - but I was really surprised about how these people described her. I guess that's not necessarily unusual for Type A lawyer, but she genuinely sounded exhausting & the son's death just drove her off the deep end in a way that she never recovered from.

by Anonymousreply 81June 21, 2019 7:49 PM

"She gave the money as gifts to Edwards and paid the gift tax as well to the IRS."

She may have given him "gifts" but she was under the impression the money was to be used for his campaign to "save America." I don't think she would have given him monetary gifts so he could keep his wacko mistress happy. He deceived her and misled her. Taking advantage of a rich old lady...that is cold.

by Anonymousreply 82June 21, 2019 8:44 PM

r 82 I never said anything about how the money was used. Yes she thought it was being used to help his campaign and Edwards generally, but one of the reasons she started giving heavily was when Edwards got the heat about the $400 haircuts in the press. Bunny specifically wanted to help Edwards personally and did not ask for an accounting of how the money was being spent. No she knew nothing of the girfriend or the kid.

Bunny did not like Mrs Edwards and only saw edwards one on one, and she behaved like a lovestruck school girl, so obviously being in her 90 s and not really dealing in reality, she was being taken for a ride.

by Anonymousreply 83June 22, 2019 1:38 AM

Way back when (now), people who cared more about the realities/reactions to affairs than Clinton & Lewinsky or Edwards & Hunter having sex were quick to note that the wise choice is to find someone who's motivated to be discreet. Such was apparently the case w. G. H. W. Bush....

by Anonymousreply 84June 22, 2019 11:11 PM

Did John Kerry ever comment on his VP choice?

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2019 12:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!