Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anti-Gay Pastor BANNED From Cracker Barrel

Tennessee detective and pastor is being denied hosting an event at Cracker Barrel following comments calling the LGBT community "freaks" and saying gay people were "worthy of death."

Maybe he should have chosen Chick-Fil-A instead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2019 11:38 PM

There's a lot of this "Death to Gays" sentiment in TN.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 4:33 PM

Good for Cracker Barrel

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 4:36 PM

There’s a lot of it in NYC too. It’s just kept under wraps. You guys are so stupid you don’t even realize it. R1

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 4:37 PM

I don't live in NY, r3.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 4:38 PM

While I think his views are ridiculous, I think it’s ridiculous for them to not allow him to eat there just because of his views. We need to stop getting into a place where we can dictate

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote]While I think his views are ridiculous, I think it’s ridiculous for them to not allow him to eat there just because of his views.

He's openly calling for gay people to be put to death. He wasn't just going there to eat. He wanted to hold a meeting where he could push his shit. Why should they give him a place to meet to push his bigotry?

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 4:48 PM

R6 why should we allow a place for people to get together to plan to indoctrinate small kids on being trans etc?

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 4:50 PM

r7 Huh?

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 4:53 PM

Yep R8 that is the mind you are dealing. Best to move on.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 4:54 PM

I don’t agree with him and think he’s disgusting. But dictating is never ok.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 5:00 PM

So, Cracker Barrel doesn't want to be associated with an anti-gay pastor. Where's the harm here? Like someone else said, go to Chick-Fil-A instead. They'd love it.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 5:03 PM

Uh, it's private property.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 5:03 PM

Hey R5, why don't you open up your home for him to hold his Klan meeting?

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 5:04 PM

R13 his views are disgusting but I don’t agree with pushing an agenda on kids either, which the other side is doing.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 5:13 PM

What the fuck are you even talking about? What has that got to do with this story? This fucker wants to hold his Klan meeting at Cracker Barrell and Cracker Barrell doesn't want it happening on their property. Which is perfectly within their rights. If you think it's unfair for Cracker Barrell to deny him, then open up your fucking home and serve him dinner while you're at it. If you're not willing to do that, then STFU.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 5:23 PM

How do they enforce these bans? I mean, if the guy walks in wearing a Groucho Marx mask, are they going to call the cops? Are they going to know?

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote]While I think his views are ridiculous, I think it’s ridiculous for them to not allow him to eat there just because of his views. We need to stop getting into a place where we can dictate

Look, I tend more toward a business being allowed to do this. We've been losing Bakery Cases, well, now conservatives are getting the same treatment. It's been the established policy for a long, long time that any business can refuse business to anyone. So be it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 5:27 PM

Can you not fucking read? This has nothing to do with them banning him from eating there as a customer. He wants to hold his fucking Klan meeting there and Cracker Barrell decided that they don't want him doing that in their restaurant. I'm sure if he were to just come into the restaurant like any other customer, ordered a plate of their slop, ate it and paid his check, they probably wouldn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 5:28 PM

R18, so what you're saying is that they have a definite policy against people that talk while eating? Good. I hate those kinds of people.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 5:29 PM

R19, please kill yourself and do the world a favor.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 5:32 PM

What's the world coming to when a KKK Grand Wizard can't hold an anti-gay rally at an establishment called *Cracker* Barrel?

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote][R19], please kill yourself and do the world a favor.

I don't speak lesbian. Sorry. Is this a form of "humor"?

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2019 5:34 PM

And I don't speak willfully obtuse and unfunny bigot, R22. Obviously this guy could come to the restaurant with several of his "friends" and bring up their meeting agenda, but it's Cracker Barrel's right to refuse service and to condemn Fritts' agenda.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 5:45 PM

Flashback - Theo Ford Fucks Alexander Greene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2019 5:46 PM

[quote]And I don't speak willfully obtuse and unfunny bigot, R22.

How's being accidentally obtuse worked out for you? I have a feeling that you call it "life".

[quote]And I'm not a lesbian.

Celibacy. Lesbianism. Potato, potahto, dear. I don't know how they spell it on the Cracker Barrel menu, though.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2019 5:51 PM

R24 here oops posted in the wrong thread - that was suppose to be in the Theo Ford thread.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2019 5:55 PM

You ruined it, R26. I pictured them fucking on a Cracker Barrel table.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2019 5:56 PM

And I suspect that you bring your sneering condescension everywhere in your "life", R25. You're still incorrect in your assessment of me and still haven't addressed the issue here with anything other than deflection,

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2019 6:03 PM

[quote]And I suspect that you bring your sneering condescension everywhere in your "life", [R25].

I try to fit in on DataLounge. Maybe you should try it. Or would that be "bigoted"?

[quote] You're still incorrect in your assessment of me

Still? I remain comfortable with my original assessment. Maybe you're the world's first male Humorless Lesbian Cosplayer. What a find!

[quote] and still haven't addressed the issue here with anything other than deflection,

Raymond Burr is proud of you. But I prefer Vertigo to Rear Window.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2019 6:15 PM

I presume that you saw both when they were first released.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2019 6:22 PM

There is no constitutional protection for hate speech as it is. So, you braindead numb buts who are defending his "right" to hold his death-to-gays meeting at Cracker Barrel, thanks for the support. (sarcasm explained for those without brainstems). Cracker Barrel is a private enterprise and can pretty much decide who it caters to, absent specific discrimination statutory violations. Which do not apply here. Being forced to give space to a group advocating death to gay people is not the same thing as being forced to bake a gay wedding cake. Which has not been determined, ultimately, by the Supreme Court as it is. There is a distinction, for example, between the "artistry" of a decorated cake ("Congratulations Bob and Doug") vs. making generic undecorated cake that could be purchased by anyone. The Court did not make that distinction in it's Supreme Court ruling. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2019 6:26 PM

Why are we referring to him as a KKK Member? His issue is with gays, not blacks. Pretty ironic as many of you hypocrites trash blacks on here daily.

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2019 6:27 PM

The KKK has an anti-gay history as well, R32.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2019 6:31 PM

R32, I'm the one that keeps referring to this as a "Klan meeting". True, his issue (at least as it is publically known) is not with blacks, but rather gays. I'm just using "Klan meeting" as shorthand for a gathering of bigots whose desire is to incite violence against another group of people. That the subject of that bigotry and violence happens to be gays in this case instead of blacks doesn't make this meeting any less "Klan-like".

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2019 6:34 PM

In this video he explains that he doesn't want people to hate him just for preaching the Bible.

Some clarity about his sermon- he didn't say that Christians should work to change the system and change laws so that gays can be put on trial and executed. He said gays should be rounded up NOW, put on trial and executed.

And some in the congregation responded by walking out.

Oh, wait. They didn't walk out. Some responded with "Amen."

But he's not all hate and anger. He said that he would make a gay person a hamburger if he worked at Burger King. And he wouldn't even poison it before serving it.

So. How did Trump become President? Oh, never mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2019 6:35 PM

Why are you engaging with this poster? Just another boring sob yanking your chains.

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2019 6:35 PM

In Tennessee having no access to Cracker Barrel is akin to a death sentence

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2019 6:37 PM

R33 of course. That’s a give. That’s against the natural order to them and sick and perverse. But my point is it’s funny you label him a KKK Member when some of you on here act like him, only with blacks instead of gays.

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2019 6:38 PM

The pastor is kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2019 6:46 PM

I'm glad Cracker Barrel has made such a major change in their ideology and policies. It wasn't that many years ago when they were embroiled in a major gay hating controversy of their own making.

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2019 6:50 PM

When Cracker Barrel thinks you're too conservative...

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2019 6:52 PM

[quote]The Court did not make that distinction in it's Supreme Court ruling.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2019 7:17 PM

I'm waiting for the scandal to break where this pastor is caught with the underage boys of some of his followers.

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2019 7:27 PM

Not all Pastors are fucking boys.

That’s a fantasy.

And he’s not Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2019 7:28 PM

Thanks, Captain Obvious

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2019 7:32 PM

Bravo, r21.

Excellent point. Maybe this is a sign of the hater's apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2019 8:29 PM

Is Cracker Barrell no longer anti-gay?

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2019 8:34 PM

No, they saw the light. Well that and the fear that if they didn't do some damn good damage control they'd end up bankrupt.

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2019 8:39 PM

The CB hasn't been anti-gay since the early 2000s, R47.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2019 8:59 PM

I bet that guy has swallowed cum.

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2019 9:36 PM

Nah, he’s a spitter.

by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2019 9:38 PM

What is this Cracker Barrel?

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2019 9:44 PM

Ask your босс to unblock your filters and look it up yourself, Ivan at R52.

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2019 9:54 PM

R52 It's a place that sells crackers in barrels. Like pickles.

by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2019 11:33 PM

R49, that's good to know. I remember when CB would hunt down and fire their gay employees, so this is good news.

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2019 11:36 PM

I'm actually surprised that Panera Bread lets Pastor Steven Anderson hold his meet 'n' greets there. He always has them there, and they don't seem to care at all.

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2019 11:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!