Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden Tells Elite Donors He Doesn't Want to ‘Demonize’ the Rich

Biden tells wealthy donors "we may not want to to demonize anyone who's made money" and suggests that his tax plans wouldn't be too onerous on them because "nobody has to be punished. No one's standard of living would change."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2019 5:03 AM

Translation: the Trump tax cut will stay as is. Fuck the middle class.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 2:15 PM

This is the perfect position to have... in 2012...

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 2:18 PM

Biden is exactly like a Republican from 20 years ago. He’s not liberal and he’s definitely not progressive. He’s a conservative to the core.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 2:32 PM

The Democrats have been, and will continue to be, complicit in making income inequality worse in this country.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 2:32 PM

predictions are he is going to screw up big time at the debate.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 2:41 PM

Of course he doesn't. He has ALWAYS been the butt boy for the banks and the credit card companies. He was the Senator from Delaware, the corporation capital of the world.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 2:48 PM

[quote]The Democrats have been, and will continue to be, complicit in making income inequality worse in this country.

They’re why decent housing in California is becoming unaffordable for all but the very rich.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Gee, this isn't a troll thread at all!

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 2:58 PM

Uhhh, Biden has said the first thing he would do as President is REVERSE the Trump tax cuts.

Facts matter.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote]He has ALWAYS been the butt boy

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 2:58 PM

housing in california also has to do with the millions of illegals, not just rich cunts

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 2:59 PM

Biden the ONLY democratic candidate to refuse to answer NY Times survey,

On Wednesday, The New York Times posted videos of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates responding to an 18 question survey — including queries on a wide range of issues. Twenty-one candidates in the field participated in the questionnaire — taking time out during a period from late March through early June to respond. The former vice president, however, was the only candidate who spurned the paper of record’s attempts to go on the record.

“Joseph R. Biden Jr. declined to participate despite repeated requests since late April,” the Times noted at the bottom of its story. No specific reason was given.

“[The Times] spent three months tracking down 21 of the candidates seeking the Democratic nomination for president and asked them the same 18 questions,” the paper’s communications department tweeted. “It was like a job interview — on camera — to learn why they believe they should lead the United States.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 2:59 PM

Pete Butt is more willing to talk to Fox News than Joe Biden is to The NY Times.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 3:07 PM

Do you start all these anti Biden threads OP?

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]housing in california also has to do with the millions of illegals, not just rich cunts

No it doesn't, racist trash. Fuck off with that mess.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2019 11:02 AM

[quote]He has ALWAYS been the butt boy for the banks and the credit card companies

So glad to hear from the under-represented Straight Fratboy Asshole contingent.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2019 11:04 AM

Biden is a Republican in the Reagan era.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2019 11:06 AM

The right-wingers on this thread know that Biden is repealing the Trump tax cuts. All the right-wing and alt-right websites went nuts over him saying so, with tons of "Democrats promise to raise your taxes!!!1!" articles.

Why even bother posting lies when you'll only convince maybe three people, all of whom will forget this thread even existed in 48 hours.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2019 11:07 AM

R11 Bullshit. Housing has nothing to do with illegals. If middle-class Californians can't afford housing then neither can illegals. And illegals work.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2019 11:08 AM

R18 LOL Biden won't repeal the Trump Tax Cuts. He's a Corporate Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2019 11:38 AM

If not Biden than who? Warren?

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2019 11:55 AM

What a pussy

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2019 1:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2019 12:13 AM

R18, He’s literally telling the rich that shits not going to change. Wake up. Biden is a skilled politician, and telling lies to voters Is how you win. When they’re talking to millionaire donors they tell the truth.

Remember when obama said he’d repeal nafta and then called Canada’s prime minister to assure him it wasn’t true? You were born yesterday, dear.

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2019 12:44 AM

Good. He'll win the Independents and the centrist Dems who make more than 2.30/hr.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2019 12:49 AM

R25, Centrist dems are not able to win an election. And independents will cut off their hands before they vote for Barack Obama’s VP.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2019 12:53 AM

Biden's already a 2x loser with unbelievable baggage. The fact that he's running shows what an asshole he is.

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2019 12:56 AM

Not true, R26. If Biden moves to the middle for the gen election and runs as a moderate Dem, the Independents who voted for Trump in 2016 who are now fed up with his endless antics will easily cast their vote for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2019 12:58 AM

R28, untrue.. You are underestimating how much independents despise Biden. It’s not happening. They will vote for whatever third party candidate is running.

Centrism is not going to win in 2020. You will see.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2019 1:00 AM

At least he's honest about it. The corporate wing of the Democratic Party generally mouths the opposite of their actual policies and intentions in order to capture the vote of the easily deluded.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2019 1:03 AM

Joe the gaffe-o-matic.

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2019 1:11 AM

R29, you're underestimating how disgusted some Independents are with Trump. If you think the progressive wing of the Dem party is going to carry this election you're sorely mistaken. No offense.

Bush begot Obama and Obama begot Trump. Elections usually swing the pendulum in the opposite direction of the previous administration. In this instance, Trump is so extreme, a sane, mature moderate Dem will look like a breath of fresh air compared to the past two and a half years.

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2019 1:12 AM

R32, the independents were disgusted with Trump in 2016 but that didn’t mean they were about to vote for an extension of he Obama administration.

The progressive wing are not going to carry the election but they can make it or break it. Biden is a surefire way to lose the general.

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2019 1:15 AM

I know this is a Biden thread, R33, but I'm speaking in general for whoever does eventually become the Dem nominee. I think progressives are so desperate at this point they'll vote for whoever gets the nom. At least I hope they do unlike in 2016 when the Berniebros purposely fucked over Hillary. Let's hope AOC doesn't start any shit to cause the party to fracture. She doesn't strike me as a team player.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2019 1:24 AM

Cool, let's not demonize, just tax the fuckers. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2019 1:25 AM

R35, He’s not going to tax anyone (except the middle class, hee hee 😜)

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2019 1:27 AM

Then he is not The One, r36. Whoever will tax the rich the most should be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2019 1:32 AM

The moderate, centrist democrats are the ones who are acting very desperate right now.

The progressives have nothing to complain about. Warren is shining right now and getting bumps in the polls. A stunning recovery from a year ago when it looked like it was all over.

It's the tortoise vs, the hare and Liz is catching up.

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2019 1:34 AM

Because Liz stands for something besides same old, same old DLC bullshit. She's not the only one, but she is the most forthright about it. What Biden stands for lately, who the fuck knows?

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2019 1:36 AM

Warren is moving up in the polls because she's acting like it's going to be Christmas year round and she's fucking Santa Claus.

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2019 2:14 AM

Just stop the free hand outs to the Israelis and use the billions saved for Liz’s plans.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2019 2:15 AM

Because people are sick to death of Reaganomics and it's constant, tiresome bullshit, r40, but you were close.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Biden is responsible for Anita Bryant, the fuck up at the Supreme Court, Americans in debt, and killing the filibuster. He has been responsible for so much of the sad state of politics in America. He destroys everything he touches.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2019 2:16 AM

And oh dearing myself, it's is its.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2019 2:17 AM

How old are you R42/44? If I may be so bold as to inquire.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2019 2:18 AM

old enough, why r45?

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2019 2:19 AM

R46, were you old enough to vote in 1980 when Reagan was elected?

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2019 2:20 AM

Actually no r47, but once upon a time I was a Reaganite. Then I realized what bullshit it all is. Giving money to the rich does nothing but give money to the rich. The whole supply side premise was and is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2019 2:22 AM

Why won't you reveal your age? As for Reagan, he was not heralded as a GOP god until years after he left office. He was also not well-liked at all during his first term. I suppose getting shot helped his numbers.

How is it giving money to the rich when it's their money from the start. You want more of what is not yours. You think because you want to increase taxes on the "rich" it's justifiable?

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2019 2:26 AM

I can guess r49’s age ; 70

The young are glad his kind is dying out.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2019 2:30 AM

Oh please, r49, you know exactly what happened in the 1980s. We decided that the poor (hah) put upon rich just didn't have enough, so we just had to lower their taxes. It did the usual jack squat for anyone else while driving up the deficit, that Republicans get to bitch about every time there is a Democratic president. Then we proceeded to do it over and over and over again for the next 40 years. And here we are. After the 2008 meltdown and all the bank bailouts that went to the rich, once again, bitching and moaning and whining and crying that somewhere, somehow a billionaire is just not rich enough, and if only he was, well, nothing would happen.

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2019 2:31 AM

We need a little demand side economics. Tax the rich, give to the poor. In the words of the Republican God King, we'll see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2019 2:34 AM

Thanks, R50, but I'm nowhere close to 70. Smooches, babe.

R51, you still haven't revealed your age and everything you just wrote came out of a book which you then translated into your layman's speak. Sad.

Gotta go. Enjoy your evening.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2019 2:39 AM

Sweet dreams of taxation and love for your fellow downtrodden, r53. And what book might that be?

Why is my age such a thing? Oh well, I guess we'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2019 3:03 AM

If I were Joe Biden I would ALSO tell the NY Times to fuck off!

Why should he play ball with them, so Maggie Haberman, David Brooks, and MoDo the Dodo can give him a year and a half of the "Hillary Treatment"? "Drop DEAD!", I'd tell them!

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2019 3:55 AM

He wants the centrists who stayed home in 2016 or voted for Trump because they actually believed he was a successful businessman. If he gets them, he wins.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2019 4:33 AM

If he'd barreled through his grief and run in 2016, he'd have won. It would have been a major public service, but I guess he can't be blamed for not doing it. Now, he's just a stiff.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2019 5:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!