Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reparations hearing next week in the House

So I guess we're being dragged "forward" on this. The media appear to be demanding that it become a thing. Twitter is abuzz.

I'm not sure it'll help us in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 22, 2019 1:22 AM

I bet they'll set up a new commission.

After this, it'll be Native Americans. They want the continent returned because right of conquest wasn't legitimate international law back then.

More and more commissions. More coverage. More celebrities. Those left out will be fascinated and enlightened by the process. 😐

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 9:20 AM

Sorry, wrong link. From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 9:22 AM

I think Mr. Coates is misguiding us. No Russian ties, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 9:24 AM

The scat troll is trying to make me want to eat shot but I can beat this!!

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 9:26 AM

It's an entrapment where fools rush in. Please stay away from that reparation shit, Dems. Remember to stay focused on healthcare and economy.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 9:35 AM

Happy birthday to me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 9:40 AM

Where's MINE?

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 10:03 AM

R5, I’m a Democrat and want nothing to do with this insanity. It’s frightening.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 10:41 AM

This stupid idea that is bound to fail needs to get sorted out as fast as possible so the candidates won't have to deal with it closer to the election. The dems need to make sure all the blame for its failure is on ol' Turtle Head McConnell and his band of criminals in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 10:50 AM

Yet another example - as if one were needed - that the Dems have lost their direction and their minds.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 10:56 AM

Black men secretly support Trump for his bling, hot chicks and anti-LGBT stance.

They'll passively vote for Trump in 2020 by not voting at all.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 2:18 PM

This will feed literally every Trump voter into voting for him again.

This is every Fox viewer's fear - black people taking what they believe is theirs. (That they came by it partly on the backs and blood of black people is not relevant to them, of course.)

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 2:22 PM

Time to move. Trump is getting re-elected. This country is fucking nuts on every side.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 2:24 PM

“Tell us more about how horrible it is to be black in America”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 2:24 PM

I don't mind as long as they lose EBT, SNAP, food stamps, section 8 and everything else they fucking get.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 2:24 PM

“Could we have some of the repatriation?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 2:26 PM

“Recognize that reparations do not end a conversation about the pervasive legacy of white supremacy, racism, and slavery in the United States. Rather, it provides an opportunity to deepen the discourse on breach and is a gesture toward repair for a problem that can never be fully reconciled.”

This shit will never end and no apology and/or any reparations will ever be enough to move this forward, for two reasons: if any Grifter blacks can use it as a defense or victim hood to obtain something and if Redneck whites continue to be pissed about the Civil War outcome and racist & victimized in their own mind because of it.

This country is the new Rome. It’s going down, peaked in the late 90s. Party is over. Get out while you can.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 2:31 PM

R17 I am beginning to accept their is no resolve to the race issue at least in my lifetime and am fortunate to be able to spend my time where this is less of an issue. or at least not in your face 24/7

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 2:36 PM

Huge mistake. It will only divide, anger and re-elect 45 easier. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 2:39 PM

You don't need any fucking hearings! Pay me now! Don't wait for CashApp Friday, you cis bitches! Sign over your car to me now!

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 2:44 PM

Is JG Wentworth gunna give me mines reparations now? I need cash now!

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 2:46 PM

This thread is great for blocking racist scum. And the rest of the concern trolls can shut up. It's a fucking hearing. Get over yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2019 2:46 PM

It's not just a hearing. The very idea of this will guarantee voter turnout for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 2:48 PM

This thread is also great for bringing out the mindless morons whose sole response is spewing meaningless pejoratives.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2019 2:48 PM

R22 so just "preparations" then

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2019 2:49 PM

R22 yeah it’s “just a hearing” until Fox News and the Republicans get ahold of the narrative for 2020 and Ol’ Cledus in Odessa, TX starts telling everyone in town “yeah if dem Democrat fairies get up in office they’re gonna take half yur paycheck for all tha Niggers!”

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2019 2:51 PM

r26 that's pretty much how it will all go down.

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2019 2:53 PM

Those people would vote for Trump anyway. It will be the middle ground people who will see this and go Republican.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2019 3:03 PM

It's all going to go on lottery tickets.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2019 3:06 PM

invest in Best Buy stocks

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2019 3:08 PM

R23: Prove it.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2019 3:09 PM

R31 ..all in good time , my little pretty, all in good time...

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2019 3:12 PM

R31Are you really that dumb not to realize that the very idea of this will energize voters to vote Republican ? Not just Trump but state and local governments.

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2019 3:14 PM

Do you morons think what is going to be discussed is cash payments to Black people?

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2019 3:16 PM

R33: PROVE. IT. Back it up. Because all you're doing is repeating the same thing over and over with NO DATA to back your ass up. I don't care about conventional wisdom, which is always shit. And I don't care about your fee fees or what happened back in 1992. I want data from NOW.

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2019 3:19 PM

R18 — I disagree. I believe ecological collapse will dissolve all existing social hierarchies in ways that no one can predict. Soon — within our lifetimes — survival will be the ultimate privilege.

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2019 3:19 PM

No one ever talks about the tax paying Americans who owned slaves and got no remuneration. whatsoever.

Bankrupted by their government and left to starve. This, when the US Constitution specifically had said slavery was legal! Until is wasn't... .

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2019 3:20 PM

R36 I've got my prepper-ish spouse to handle all of that

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2019 3:21 PM

You are seriously saying slave owners are the real victims here? SMH

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2019 3:21 PM

R39: What do you expect anymore? Thread like this are designed for racists and concern trolls to masturbate all over. This thread did not disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2019 3:24 PM

R35 You are right. There is no way that the idea of giving tax payer money to people who were never slaves to make up for something they never experienced will rally people to vote Republican. Not at all. My mistake.

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2019 3:27 PM

R41: See R34. Then re-read me at R35. Then shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2019 3:30 PM

besides, a country that voted in the likes of Trump is NOT mature enough to have this conversation at any level of rationality

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2019 3:30 PM

Truly, Democrats have an unenviable ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2019 3:32 PM

Frankly, even if one were to believe that reparations were valid and payments should be made, the devil is in the details. It's simply not a feasible idea. Who would qualify? How? What proof would be required. The reality is that, contrary to Roots, there are limited records.

This would turn into a nightmare when it came time to implementation. Frankly, it would turn into a cash bonanza for whichever companies are able to win contracts to administer it since there is no way that it could be done with the existing government agencies.

If the really do end up doing this, I would much rather see it be done as a regressive tax credit that declines as someone's income increases. Since the whole notion of "reparations" would be mitigated by the fact of actually earning a lot of money, the amount should decline if you make a lot of money. There is no way I'd ever support an actual cash payment.

It's not that it's "too hard" so should be abandoned. There are plenty of difficult, but "right" things that should be done. It's that it's impossible to do in any systematic or logically organized fashion.

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2019 3:34 PM

R42 It is because of people like you that we are fucked. Have you learnt nothing over the last several years ? Doesn't matter how reparations would be handled. The conservative spin will be that they are taking money out of the pockets of hard working people and giving it to black people. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2019 3:36 PM

When Trump heard about this hearing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2019 3:45 PM

As an old white guy who fell for black ass eons ago, things are more complicated than just handing out money.

The key is to get involved and work with people. Help them in a 1000 different ways specific to individual needs. Don't just hand them a check.

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2019 3:48 PM

R48 exactly, there will be bitching about the handouts that “kept us down” 10 years after. Just like the bitching about welfare and Section 8. Basic thing is it’ll never happen, the Democrats are just placating the Twitter mob. Also, will it be like Native American benefits? Do you have to be 1/8, 1/4 or 1/2? How will you decide? This is pure propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2019 3:52 PM

People are going to vote for the candidates who best represent their interests.

This is a move to pander and attempt to mobilize black voters who’ve previously stayed home. The “woke” voters would be voting dem anyway.

Any gains (optimistically, single digit gain in a population that’s approximately 13% of the population) will be offset by angry voters of every other demographic.

How do the Latino voters feel about this?

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2019 3:55 PM

What the hearings are actually going to talk about are funding fairly historically black colleges and high schools, preventing red-lining practices, dealing with the epidemic of police murders, etc.

But, you keep talking about cash payments. You have your right-wing marching orders.

by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2019 4:00 PM

R50 how do Native Americans feel about this?

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2019 4:00 PM

Native Americans are to be part of these hearings.

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2019 4:03 PM

You get a Reparation! You get a Reparation! You get a Reparation! You get a Reparation! You get a Reparation!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2019 4:05 PM

I can see Republicans focusing on the third part of this speaker's statement in the House:

Marcia Chatelain: I hope the committee hearing can do three things: "3) Recognize that reparations do not end a conversation about the pervasive legacy of white supremacy, racism, and slavery in the United States. Rather, it provides an opportunity to deepen the discourse on breach and is a gesture toward repair for a problem that can never be fully reconciled. "

Reparations is a GESTURE for a problem that can never be reconciled....

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2019 4:06 PM

I'm white and this is America's debt to African Americas. It's a moral issue to give what was taken. Will it be cause issues and flare hostilities? Yes. But that is the result of those in power at the time to make humans slaves. It's a big price to pay but the government who codified the subjugation of peoples is responsible.

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2019 4:07 PM

Slavery was a horrendous injustice as is racism but reparations, if it is just a check handed out, is not the solution. I am totally against handing out checks, most of it will just be wasted. Btw, I am not saying this because I think blacks can't handle money well, but because poor people can't handle money well, because they have no experience handling money. Many will blow it on cars, drugs, TVs, computers gambling, and it will do nothing to improve their lot in life or make up for anything. Rich blacks have already overcome the consequences of slavery and racism and they don't need the help.

If reparations become programs to help all under privileged people with say programs to encourage and help with home ownership and education then I am all for it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2019 4:15 PM

How about the Japanese put in the camps here during WWII?

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2019 4:17 PM

Learn your fucking history.

[quote] In 1988, President Reagan signed the Civil Liberties Act to compensate more than 100,000 people of Japanese descent who were incarcerated in internment camps during World War II. The legislation offered a formal apology and paid out $20,000 in compensation to each surviving victim. The law won congressional approval only after a decade-long campaign by the Japanese-American community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2019 4:18 PM

What about gay reparations? The discrimination continues and is getting worse. I’m sure tons of gay life partners lost a lot of money when their significant other died before gay marriage was legal.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2019 4:19 PM

So, in other words, you don't actually give a shit about this. You are just trolling. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2019 4:20 PM

R60 every trailer trash redneck Methhead would claim to be”gay”

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2019 4:22 PM

nothing for the irish slaves brought over tho, they had white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2019 4:23 PM

these are hearings AFTER you have secured some form of power back in the Senate or Executive.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2019 4:25 PM

An honest, serious dialogue on Reparations should include the West African nations who did the capturing and selling of their countrymen. Since the United States didn't even exist during most of this slave trade, it should also include those European Nations who took part in buying Africans from Africa, shipping them to the Americas, and selling them to the colonies.

Benin acknowledged their role in the slave trade 20 years ago, but they weren't the only ones involved.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2019 4:40 PM

Here's the link to post 65 to the article on Benin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2019 4:41 PM

[quote] I'm not sure it'll help us in November.

Who is "us"? Because for some of "us", November will be meaningless if the only choices are the racist old white dude and the less racist old white dude.

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote] Those people would vote for Trump anyway. It will be the middle ground people who will see this and go Republican.

Anyone who would vote for Trump solely out of contempt for black people is not "middle ground." They are his base.

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2019 4:47 PM

[quote] Do you morons think what is going to be discussed is cash payments to Black people?

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2019 4:49 PM

r52, Latinos are, as the media likes to remind us, a powerful and ever-growing demographic. It’s fair to wonder how they feel about this.

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2019 4:52 PM

[quote] Bankrupted by their government and left to starve. This, when the US Constitution specifically had said slavery was legal! Until is wasn't... .

Fuck you, bitch! I wish I had whupped yo' white ass when I had the chance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2019 4:53 PM

This is 100% a gigantic losing issue for Democrats. Its time has NOT come, in this absolutely critical next election. AOC and her ilk need to FOCUS.

Jeez, even Social Security and Medicare are still being argued about, and these programs are for every American.

Slave-owners separated and sold families, never mind disallowing marriages. How, then, is the government to trace accurately the descendants of slaves? How to prevent fraudulent claims?

Moreover, there are plenty of Black Americans of non-slave heritage, Barack Obama's being the most famous example.

And finally, we had a Civil War that the South still thinks of as a heroic time of principle.

No, "reparations" is a sure-fire vote-loser.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2019 4:58 PM

[quote] If the really do end up doing this, I would much rather see it be done as a regressive tax credit that declines as someone's income increases. Since the whole notion of "reparations" would be mitigated by the fact of actually earning a lot of money, the amount should decline if you make a lot of money. There is no way I'd ever support an actual cash payment.

I am not sure why it matters to you whether it is a cash payment. However, I agree that cash payment is inadequate. it should be measures intended to redress 400 years of slavery, purposeful subjugation, deprivation of opportunity, theft and disenfranchisememt. As everyone at Datalounge knows by now, the main economic injury of American racism resulted from the deliberate, calculated centuries-long campaign to deprive blacks of wealth and intergenerational wealth transfer.

For those who have income, it could be administered as a tax credit. For those who are retired, it would have to be paid as a SS benefit. For the unemployed or underemployed, it needs to be administered in the form of vocational training and subsidized college. There also must be support (grants, tax relief, govt contracts, etc.) for black-owned business. Basically, everything that Republicans since Reagan have derided as "affirmative action" and have rolled back after a scant 10 or so years of such programs.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2019 5:11 PM

Past sins, and in this case generations past are best atoned for by not repeating and addressing the fallout from in policy and therefore legislation. That means addressing the still prevalent racism both overt and institutionalized. The GOP does its best to deny it exists, when of course it does and they practice it institutionally- all over the place starting with voter suppression.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2019 5:12 PM

R72

If that issue doesn't do it, support for illegal immigrants and Transgenders having access women and little girls' private spaces will seal the deal for a second Trump term.

The 1% pulls the strings on both parties.

If Trump STILL doesn't get the majority votes, voting machine manipulation is always the plan B.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2019 5:14 PM

Don't forget all the other minorities that come to this country and work hard to achieve. They are not going to look to kindly on having their hard earned money going to people who don't deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2019 5:24 PM

Retarded Americans. You reap what you sow, now pay.

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2019 5:36 PM

God I wish I could move to an Asian country. This racial shit here will never end.

We gave up the keys to our big industrial cities. Just give up the keys to the whole nation and go further west, across the great Pacific.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2019 5:48 PM

This is one of my hot-button issues as a 2nd generation immigrant. I will literally vote for Trump if the Dem candidate comes out in support of this. I cannot in good conscience allow this to happen as I think too much time has passed for payments at this point.

Slavery was HORRIBLE, but at some point, it is in the past and while I 110% agree that there is far more to be done and all races are not on equal ground in this country, I do not believe that forcing taxpayers of this country to compensate people who a) suffered no direct harm because of slavery paid by people who b) received no direct benefit of slavery. If they were still around, then yes, compensate away. But if your babysitter is in a car accident, SHE can sue for compensation, you cannot, even if you have to go pay more to find a replacement sitter. That just makes sense to me; that you must have suffered a legitimate harm to eligible to be compensated. Find some other way to level the playing field; this Dem is out!

So yeah, there's that. And Mitch McConnell's "we elected a black guy as president, what more do you want?" is obscenely tone deaf and I wouldn't vote for him if his opposition was literally Hitler. What an assh*le.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2019 5:56 PM

Native Americans and African Americans owned slaves. About 2 million Europeans were captured and sold by muslims as far away as Iceland. Slavery is still happening by the millions but because the perpetrators are POC, the left is going to say shit.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote] This is one of my hot-button issues as a 2nd generation immigrant. I will literally vote for Trump if the Dem candidate comes out in support of this. I cannot in good conscience allow this to happen as I think too much time has passed for payments at this point.

Everything you've said on this subject is the equivalent of me telling you to go back to where you came from -- i.e. complete disregard. Maybe your tax dollars would have been better off supporting the government of your family's country of origin.

See how that works? We can all be completely self-interested and myopic when we separate ourselves and don't have empathy.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2019 6:10 PM

Buy stock in Best Buy, any car company and that shitty jewelry store Wendy Williams' husband went to for his bling. All reparations will be spent within weeks and none will be for real estate, investing for education.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2019 6:11 PM

^^^ OR education

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2019 6:11 PM

It's going to be endless. African countries will demand reparations for Colonialism. Native Americans are going to demand that we give them huge sections of the country.

I don't want to be like Canada, pandering (in our case) to two groups for a centuries-old past, regardless of the reverberations today. It's absurd and demoralizing.

It's a drag on the psyche to be near simmering resentment that will never cease. I feel constant tension from it. Their anger and resentment is palpable, and reparations is going to give them something to rally around and get even louder and angrier.

Coates's silly article in the Atlantic has woke white people aflutter. They're hoodwinked. It made him a millionaire (book deals, speaking engagements - he said it himself when professing to agonize over the racism his son will supposedly face regardless if his parents' new socioeconomic status). Opportunity for upward mobility is shrinking, and adding even more entitlement is going to shrink it more.

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2019 6:12 PM

Wrong, r65. The government who put on laws and had the constitution approve and endorse slavery. U.S. is responsible for this mess. Greedy, immoral men did this.

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2019 6:18 PM

So true, R5. Reparations...655,000 dead from the Civil War. That was the cost in lives. Since 1964, the USA has offered reparations through civil rights legislation.

Fools will buy into the argument for reparations. Have they no memory of what happened after Versailles and the Paris peace Treaty of 1919?

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2019 6:19 PM

"See how that works? We can all be completely self-interested and myopic when we separate ourselves and don't have empathy."

I'm as much a citizen as you, sir. And even if I had been here, the only person who would have been alive and of-age to be involved in this would have been my "great-great-great-grandfather. And I don't feel like I need to apologize to anyone. If descendants of slaves want to sue descendants of slave-owners; have at it, I'm behind you 100%. Sort this out on a case-by-case basis on your own dime, not on the taxpayers.

Empathy, I have. The desire to give trillions of dollars to people who suffered tangential at best harm from an action that was outlawed 170 years ago I don't have. Like I said before find some other way to level the playing field.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2019 6:19 PM

Congressional Hearing Explodes As Witness Trashes Slavery Reparations Bill

A congressional hearing erupted when Quillette writer Coleman Hughes trashed a bill to study slavery reparations as a “moral and political mistake,” forcing the chair of the hearing to tell the audience to “chill” several times.

The audience at the hearing booed Hughes after he said, “Black people don’t need another apology. We need safer neighborhoods and better schools. We need a less punitive criminal justice system. We need affordable health care. And none of these things can be achieved through reparations for slavery.”

“Nearly everyone close to me told me not to testify today,” Hughes noted, adding, “They told me that even though I have only ever voted for Democrats, I would be perceived as Republican and therefore hated by half the country. Others told me that by distancing myself from Republicans, I would end up angering the other half of the country. And the sad truth is that they were both right. That’s how suspicious we have become. Of one another. That’s how divided we are. As a nation

He went on to describe reparations as not just divisive, but an “insult” to “many black Americans by putting a price on the suffering of their ancestors, and we would turn the relationship between black Americans and white Americans from a coalition into a transaction.”

Hughes went on to say that, “Reparations by definition are only given to victims, so the moment you give me reparations, you’ve made me into a victim without my consent. Not just that, you’ve made 1/3 of black Americans who poll against reparations into victims without their consent, and black Americans have fought too long for the right to define themselves to be spoken for in such a condescending manner.”

“The question is not what America owes me by virtue of my ancestry, the question is what all Americans owe each other by virtue of being citizens of the same nation,” Hughes said. “And the obligation of citizenship is not transactional. It’s not contingent on ancestry. It never expires, and it can’t be paid off. For all these reasons, bill HR 40 is a moral and political mistake.”

As the audience booed Hughes, subcommittee Chairman Steve Cohen banged the gavel and said “Chill, chill, chill, chill!”

As the chamber quieted, Cohen added: “He was presumptive, but he still has a right to speak.”

--------------

Presumptive ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2019 6:27 PM

They're using "institutional racism" like Jim Crow and more significantly redlining, tracing the "racial wealth gap" to it and thereby saying that the effects of slavery were worsened by modern practices.

"Institutional racism" is the new hook.

Gillibrand here is parroting what's the new mainstream discourse but it's an example of how it's blowing up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2019 6:27 PM

I read the article and the panelists were definitely discussing cash payments so I don't know what the above poster meant when he was adamant that reparations are more of a hand up rather than a handout.

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2019 6:27 PM

Structural racism is the hook to link slavery to the present day. It's a weight they're trying to place on everyone to justify seizing greater power and channeling unearned wealth their way. The academics and writers pushing it forward are making money as well, selling books, being appointed to boards and foundation positions. Getting opinion writer gigs etc.

It's a scam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2019 6:32 PM

Would someone cite the studies about the black-white wealth gap? I want the credible ones. Not the ones that come up first when I google. Do these studies throw out households of the mega wealthy? There is a massive wealth gap among whites (and I would suppose a gap among blacks).

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2019 6:36 PM

"We need a less punitive criminal justice system"

Why do they always talk as if black people have to commit crimes ?

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2019 6:38 PM

R92, links here. There's a Times writer who's been pushing this stuff on podcasts etc. as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2019 6:39 PM

Emily Badger at the Times had been non-stop on this. It's her thing to get famous. She's on TV all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2019 6:42 PM

Good background. From May. Links to studies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2019 6:44 PM

R93 - right? It’s always a condescending assumption that black criminality is a foregone conclusion (due to the HISTORY OF RACISM of course) and so it should be excused.

They do this constantly. HUD even said that it’s illegal to deny housing based on FELONY RECORDS because “people of color” are disproportionally jailed.

It’s endless and condescending.

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2019 6:44 PM

"Disparate incarceration rates" always makes my teeth itch and respond with "Awesome, arrest more white people who commit crimes then to even it up."

I think the judicial system is unfair, and seemingly mostly slanted against poorer people. It always seems like Brock Turners of the world who skate on serious charges, seemingly have a wealth of legal power in their corner. John Q. Methhead probably isn't going to get a sweet deal even if he was a bonny white Irishman.

The solution to disparities IMO isn't to go easier on the ones we catch because "White people get away with it." Arrest the damn white people and hold them accountable. I have never once looked at some clearly guilty person as "a win for beating the system," like I saw during the OJ trial. I want people of every color held accountable for their actions.

by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2019 6:45 PM

Ta-Nahesi Coates's 2014 Atlantic article that still has woke white people creaming their pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2019 6:46 PM

R5 - Truly. The Democrats discussing reparations should give Mr Trump's sagging polls a nice bump up.

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2019 6:51 PM

Coverage of the 2014 article near when it came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 19, 2019 6:52 PM

Creaming their pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2019 6:52 PM

Creaming with audio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2019 6:53 PM

Links to all the think pieces fawning over Coates's piece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 19, 2019 6:54 PM

Destroying 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2019 7:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote]I am not sure why it matters to you whether it is a cash payment. However, I agree that cash payment is inadequate. it should be measures intended to redress 400 years of slavery, purposeful subjugation, deprivation of opportunity, theft and disenfranchisememt. As everyone at Datalounge knows by now, the main economic injury of American racism resulted from the deliberate, calculated centuries-long campaign to deprive blacks of wealth and intergenerational wealth transfer.

[quote]For those who have income, it could be administered as a tax credit. For those who are retired, it would have to be paid as a SS benefit. For the unemployed or underemployed, it needs to be administered in the form of vocational training and subsidized college. There also must be support (grants, tax relief, govt contracts, etc.) for black-owned business. Basically, everything that Republicans since Reagan have derided as "affirmative action" and have rolled back after a scant 10 or so years of such programs.

r73 - not even remotely what I said, let alone anything with which I agree.

None of what you wrote is anything with which I would ever support.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2019 8:07 PM

Corey Booker is an opportunist. He was a terrible Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2019 8:15 PM

Welp there goes my vote for Booker. "Cutting of checks."

by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2019 8:18 PM

"I'm not sure it'll help us in November."

It won't. In fact, it will cause more voters to vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2019 8:21 PM

R108 Kansas City just elected his darker twin, Quentin Lucas last night. The conservative, moneyed libertarians in town rallied behind him as he is opposed to any further redevelopment that doesn't directly benefit POC communities (equity ). The libertarians felt that was as good enough to help bring tax increment financing to a halt. His lesbian "liberal doctrinaire" opponent just didn't generate enough buzz.

by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2019 8:22 PM

Unless my history is off, it was 200 years, not 400. The United States isn't even 250 years old yet. Cutting checks I'm sure will make the Rust Belt white folks working two jobs but still going to food banks to feed their kids really happy; the political blowback would be so massive it will make the Indonesian tsunami of ten years ago look like a kiddie's wading pool.

The Democrats are treading on not just thin, but doomed ice here. Trump couldn't have asked for a better early Christmas gift.

by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2019 8:28 PM

"Enslavement reigned for 250 years on these shores. When it ended, this country could've extended its hallowed principles — life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness — to all, regardless of color," writer Ta-Nehisi Coates told Congress. "But America had other principles in mind"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2019 9:25 PM

Drop everything and watch this.

So rare to see one of our preeminent writers speaking truth not just to any power but to the power of the U.S. Congress.

Bravo, Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2019 9:26 PM

Me thinks, shit is about to get real bad after 2020 no matter who’s elected to office.

by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2019 9:55 PM

R115 The elite are really pushing for another recession

by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2019 9:58 PM

What about the Chinese Exclusion Act? The overthrow of the sovereign Kingdom of Hawaii? They also didn’t allow Asians to vote there after we took control, even though they had been there for years.

What about the brutal war and subjugation of the Filipinos after our war with Spain? We ruled them for near 50 years with no representation and did not even allow them to acquire US citizenship even when they were born as US nationals under a US government.

There is far more depth and nuance in America than its history with black slaves.

by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2019 10:37 PM

If it will shut blacks up I say it will be money well spent.

by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]] I am beginning to accept their is no resolve to the race issue

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2019 10:41 PM

R111 - "Everythin's up to date in Kansas City/they've gone about as fer as they can go . . ."

by Anonymousreply 120June 19, 2019 10:43 PM

R118, already there are people saying amounts quoted "aren't shit" and they're not even voting for Booker because he's not doing "enough." Yes, this is real. See: social media and other comment places. So, you give people reparations, and it's still not enough.

I'm so happy I never brought children into this world. I have another 40-50 years of this and then this place can go and self-destruct because apparently we all hate each other so fucking much.

I just can't some days.

by Anonymousreply 121June 19, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote]it should be measures intended to redress 400 years of slavery

We’ve only existed as a country for a little over 200 years FFS!

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2019 11:08 PM

US history is horrific, but we want to get rid of the orange bastard next year and this is a wedge issue that will rally the hillbilly Reptiles.

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2019 11:13 PM

We should be concentrating on the 21st century and all the problems now. The 19th century and all it’s problems are long gone and can’t be redressed and fixed now.

The world and life are unfair.

by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2019 11:16 PM

Bernie will give all of us reparations and free tuition.

by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2019 11:19 PM

I'm afraid this will backfire. Black voters may support it but Latinos won't, white people won't.

by Anonymousreply 126June 19, 2019 11:21 PM

Yeah. This is a loser. Kamala Harris already distanced herself from this issue.

Elizabeth Warren would be wise to do the same.

Biden? Doesn’t matter because he will make an ass out of himself regardless of whatever position he takes.

by Anonymousreply 127June 19, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote] In 1988, President Reagan signed the Civil Liberties Act to compensate more than 100,000 people of Japanese descent who were incarcerated in internment camps during World War II. The legislation offered a formal apology and paid out $20,000 in compensation to each surviving victim.

$20K in compensation to each surviving victim of slavery sounds completely reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 128June 19, 2019 11:23 PM

trump lost the election dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 129June 19, 2019 11:25 PM

Well nobody must have told him, cause he’s sitting in the White House!

by Anonymousreply 130June 19, 2019 11:29 PM

Congress can barely keep the government open these days let alone pass an infrastructure bill or raise the minimum wage from the starvation wage of $7.25/hr. Do you really think it will pass a major reparations bill anytime soon?

by Anonymousreply 131June 19, 2019 11:29 PM

R131 of course not this is just a dog & pony show for the Democrats to show Twitter they’re woke and unknowingly help Trump next election. Like “let’s not EVEN think about impeachment because Senate will never pass it, but let’s trot out some Black Panthers to show the American public that we want to give everyone darker than a Werther’s Original a substantial handout in cash!”

by Anonymousreply 132June 19, 2019 11:53 PM

..you wanna see uppity?..we'll show you uppity..!

by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2019 12:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2019 12:18 AM

The arguments in favor of reparations are undeniable, especially the fuckery with post WW2 redlining which prevented African-Americans from developing intergenerational wealth based on home ownership. Unfortunately, realpolitik demands that this be debated when and only when the Democrats have a majority in Congress and the Presidency. The US usually does the right thing, but sometimes has to be dragged along to it with a vocal minority kicking and screaming. (See Deplorables (R) )

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2019 12:26 AM

R129 - No, he lost the popular vote. He won the Electoral College. That's the way you Americans set it up. Now you want to pretend the way you set up is invalid when it changes an outcome you wanted.

Hillary Clinton lost Wisconsin, Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania and therefore lost the Electoral Colleges - and with it, the White House. You could look at it from that persepctive, too.

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote] That's the way you Americans set it up.

[italic]Da,[/italic] Yevgeny!

by Anonymousreply 137June 20, 2019 12:36 AM

[quote] It will be the middle ground people who will see this and go Republican.

No one outside of DL gives enough of a shit about this issue to change parties over it.

by Anonymousreply 138June 20, 2019 12:36 AM

R123 - It will also rally the folk in Dayton Ohio working two jobs but going to food banks, and lower middle-class folk who want to send their children to college but who are too poor for tuition, but too well off for scholarships, too pale for affirmative action, and who instead have to mortgage the house or tell the kid if s/he wants it that badly, make sure to go into something that will allow him/her to pay off %$200,000 in loans within ten years, and to forget about graduate school.

It's all personal.

by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2019 12:37 AM

R137 - Truth hurts, does it, diddums?

by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2019 12:42 AM

Hammurabi's code was written almost 4000 years ago but even then the institution of slavery was so well established they had numerous laws to regulate the practice.

In 1775 Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery (PAS), the world's first antislavery society was formed. In 1865 the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution abolishing slavery is ratified.. Ninety years is turning on a dime in historical terms.

Just something to consider.

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2019 1:15 AM

this 'discussion' is being held on juneteeth. ironic? or just the same old racist shit.

by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2019 1:24 AM

Trans Bathroom Rights:2016 = Reparations:2020

A giant gift wrapped present for the GOP

Wait till we win the election and THEN bring it up.

by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2019 1:27 AM

Was redlining a government practice? I don’t think it was.

So why should the taxpayers pay for that then? Go after those who denied the loans.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2019 1:32 AM

R128, I hope you are trolling.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2019 1:32 AM

r145 hes being a sarcastic, back biting bitch

by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2019 1:38 AM

GAY REPARATIONS NOW!!

by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2019 1:42 AM

I bet the people driving the reparations issue are secretly working for the Repugs

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2019 1:49 AM

Journalists are all about it. Twitter demands it. It's de rigeur.

They want to eliminate the disparity in average family wealth. That's going to take huge transfers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2019 2:25 AM

From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2019 2:26 AM

Mainstream African-American coverage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2019 2:28 AM

LOL R149

Forbes "Contributors" aren't actual journos. They don't get paid.

It's just a more genteel arrangement than HuffPo had because 99% of Forbes articles are about business and the writer does it for free because they see it as free publicity for themselves/their company.

by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2019 2:29 AM

[R144] Yes redlining was a government practice through the involvement of the FHA's underwriting manuals. It was not definitively dealt with until the passage of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act of 1975 that showed the extent of the problem by zip code. Most white Americans are unaware of how this has affected generations of the African American population from 1936 until then. It deprived them of the ability to purchase homes and participate in the appreciation of real estate and exacerbated the ghettoization of the community as renters.

by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2019 2:49 AM

Today's hearings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 20, 2019 2:49 AM

A permanent mass aristocracy. Harvard and Yale with 1300 on the SAT and a "where I come from" application essay. Monthly trust fund checks. Land grants. I can see it coming.

by Anonymousreply 155June 20, 2019 2:52 AM

Endless. The first massive transfers won't be enough. It'll be a permanent intergenerational tax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2019 2:56 AM

Whatever candidate takes this up... is sure to lose.

by Anonymousreply 157June 20, 2019 2:59 AM

About the reparations for Japanese-Americans, the final amount of $20,000 was only a gesture and by no means compensatory for full loss of assets. I'm from Northern California, and there are stories abound of White people who took advantage of their Japanese-American fellow citizens when they were being packed off to camps. Men would show up at properties such as homes, businesses, and farms offering to buy them off of the Japanese-American owners for a measly fraction of total worth. Some conned Japanese-Americans into temporarily taking care of property, only for the owners to come home and learn that the properties were sold or deeded to caretakers illegally. It wasn't hard to read about these stories but also hear from elders whose families either never recovered or took years to partially recover.

by Anonymousreply 158June 20, 2019 3:32 AM

So Trump voters were intending to stay home but the minute they hear about reparations they'll decide to vote for him again??

This country is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 159June 20, 2019 4:23 AM

This is a LOSING electoral issue that all primary Dems will INSIST on jabbering about to ensure Trump is re-elected!

You can't be progressive unless you are in office first and have Congressional majorities! Ugh, this is insanity to be dragging up NOW!

by Anonymousreply 160June 20, 2019 4:34 AM

Wow, wow, wow. I LOVE Coleman Hughes. See R88. He's only 23 y/o but he'll be one to watch in the future.

by Anonymousreply 161June 20, 2019 7:06 AM

I do not believe that cash reparations should be paid. I believe that institutional racism needs to be eradicated.

When White People are no longer a majority, I say let us all turn a blind eye as black people lynch RACIST White People.

The benefit is twofold.

Malcolm was right.

by Anonymousreply 162June 20, 2019 7:16 AM

If you gave every black person in America $1,000,000 the wealth would be exactly where it is now within 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 163June 20, 2019 7:18 AM

This won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 164June 20, 2019 7:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 20, 2019 7:37 AM

TMZ is on it. Kind of amusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 20, 2019 7:45 AM

Spreading

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 20, 2019 7:49 AM

Jamaica

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 20, 2019 7:50 AM

Here is my advice to black people. It's worth much MUCH more than a measly $20,000. Guaranteed to build a successful future and generational wealth:

--stay in school and graduate.

--don't have a child until you're in your late twenties and married---single motherhood is the #1 cause of poverty.

--work hard, show up, don't be late, take responsibility for yourself and your actions

--smile, be polite and kind to a fault, make someone's day (this will literally get you anything you want)

--save, even a little at first

--don't abuse drugs and alcohol

--go to church

--serve others in your community

--instill a love of reading in your kids and provide enriching experiences --library, museums, day trips to historic places, etc.

--emphasize education as the path to success.

--foster an expectation from birth that your kids will go to college and that you expect great things from them.

by Anonymousreply 169June 20, 2019 7:54 AM

Canada

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 20, 2019 7:54 AM

Insanity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2019 7:56 AM

Who's going to train people in howto care for their mule? Does that mean that a mother of 10 kids has to accommodate 11 mules? ALthough that should not be a problem on 440 acres.

by Anonymousreply 172June 20, 2019 7:59 AM

I don't believe in animal enslavement. No mules. Buy tractors from Deere.

None of these reparations people are vegan. So there. 😉

by Anonymousreply 173June 20, 2019 8:01 AM

Fucking insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 20, 2019 8:03 AM

[quote]Latinos are, as the media likes to remind us, a powerful and ever-growing demographic. It’s fair to wonder how they feel about this.

I'm gonna guess not very positive. They could justifiably claim to have suffered institutional racism as well, so if they're not included they won't be on board.

Also, like most immigrant groups, once Latinos start to amass wealth, within generation or two, they become more "white", that is to say---conservative.

by Anonymousreply 175June 20, 2019 8:13 AM

This thread is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 176June 20, 2019 8:32 AM

[quote] The very idea of this will guarantee voter turnout for Trump.

The voters who will vote for Trump because of this were already voting Trump. The racist assholes who call blacks "dindos" and say welfare IS reparations because all black people are welfare cheats were ALREADY voting Trump.

They just want you to worry that Democrats and liberals and Indies will also vote Trump because of this, which is why you must oppose it with everything you have.

They do this with every damn issue: immigration, trans, minimum wage increase, protests, etc.

by Anonymousreply 177June 20, 2019 9:32 AM

Save us from the Pollyannas like r169 who think that if people just smile and go to church, the country will be great again.

He seriously sounds like he's quoting some misguided pamphlet written in 1956.

by Anonymousreply 178June 20, 2019 9:36 AM

[quote]Was redlining a government practice? I don’t think it was.

Yes, it was, beginning in 1934 with the Federal Housing Administration.

[quote]So why should the taxpayers pay for that then? Go after those who denied the loans.

The government denied the loans either directly or through intermediaries like banks and insurance companies.

Why didn't you just look it up before posting?

by Anonymousreply 179June 20, 2019 9:41 AM

Time to hand the world sole superpower slot to China I guess. It's inevitable anyway but people don't assume it will happen until 2050 or so but with the insane politics going on in US these days, I'd say 2030 is more likely than ever.

by Anonymousreply 180June 20, 2019 10:07 AM

[quote]They do this with every damn issue: immigration, trans, minimum wage increase, protests, etc.

"They" engage their brains and thus realize that these policies are the product of the empty-headed.

by Anonymousreply 181June 20, 2019 10:14 AM

Educate yourself, R178. Black families that are intact and go to church fare much better than those who don't. Incidentally, there were far more intact black families in 1956 than there are now. And they experienced far greater success even though they faced 100x more obstacles.

[quote]Anyone who is serious about evidence need only compare black communities as they evolved in the first 100 years after slavery with black communities as they evolved in the first 50 years after the explosive growth of the welfare state, beginning in the 1960s. You would be hard-pressed to find as many ghetto riots prior to the 1960s as we have seen just in the past year, much less in the 50 years since a wave of such riots swept across the country in 1965.

[quote]We are told that such riots are a result of black poverty and white racism. But in fact -- for those who still have some respect for facts -- black poverty was far worse, and white racism was far worse, prior to 1960. But violent crime within black ghettos was far less. Murder rates among black males were going down -- repeat, DOWN -- during the much lamented 1950s, while it went up after the much celebrated 1960s, reaching levels more than double what they had been before.

[quote]Most black children were raised in two-parent families prior to the 1960s. But today the great majority of black children are raised in one-parent families. Such trends are not unique to blacks, nor even to the United States. The welfare state has led to remarkably similar trends among the white underclass in England over the same period.

by Anonymousreply 182June 20, 2019 10:15 AM

Women should get reparations too. Up until 1975, when the Sex Discrimination Act became law, banks could and did refuse to give women mortgages without a male guarantor.

by Anonymousreply 183June 20, 2019 10:28 AM

r178, the #1 predictor of school dropout, drug abuse and criminal activity is the lack of a father. More than 60% of black families are headed by a single mother.

Everything that r169 stated is backed up by research.

by Anonymousreply 184June 20, 2019 2:15 PM

[quote] it should be measures intended to redress 400 years of slavery, purposeful subjugation, deprivation of opportunity, theft and disenfranchisememt.

Slavery in what is now the U.S. began when it was just a British colony, in the early 1600s. The first African slaves were believed to be brought to this country in 1619. The free, forced labor of slavery gave the U.S. the economic power to forcibly take its independence from the British. Thereafter, while all European nations abolished slavery, in the U.S. it became a more brutal and depraved insitution. The abolition of U.S. slavery was followed by 100 years of Jim Crow laws in the South and lawful racial discrimination elsewhere in the U.S. Until, ostensibly, passage of the Civil Rights Act, which provoked an immediate, strong backlash from white Americans whose sense of entitlement was invested in the economic disenfranchisement of blacks. So efforts to undermine and dismantle "affirmative action" started as soon as affirmative action did. Today, any program seeking to give blacks an opportunity to have something that a white person might also want is under attack...and it is 2019. Still no apology or redress from the U.S. for slavery or its consequences for the descendants of slaves -- which is basically all black people until proven otherwise. Racism is based on perceived race not origin.

Math for Beginners: 2019 - 1619 = 400 (years)

by Anonymousreply 185June 20, 2019 3:03 PM

[R185] That's a lot of history revisionism and obvious propaganda without actual proof in one messy virtue signaling post.

by Anonymousreply 186June 20, 2019 3:06 PM

[R185] The free, forced labor of slavery gave the U.S. the economic power to forcibly take its independence from the British. Have you ever opened an actual history book not tumblr post or Slate articles written by SJW?

by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2019 3:15 PM

R169, that is excellent advice for those who are not victims of systemic, structural racial bias. Racism, in all its insidious forms, negates, prohibits and/or conspires against at least 7 of your bulletpoints. However, for those allowed to move through life unfettered by racial bias (i.e. white people) it is winning advice.

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2019 3:16 PM

Please elaborate, r188, on what those 7 items are and can you give an example of how "structural racial bias" prevents black people from meeting those standards...?

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2019 3:18 PM

What if I'm half black, but my black side were slaves. Do I only get 10,000?

by Anonymousreply 190June 20, 2019 3:20 PM

I never thought I’d live to see the day when a Member of Congress, heretofore an august body, would say “chill, chill” in a call for decorum.

Oh, dear indeed.

by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2019 3:22 PM

R161: He writes for Qulliete, a known anti-trans, anti-gay, white supremacist website. He's a shuck and jive ass.

R182: Oh look, another right wing screed screaming about the "welfare state" and if we just eliminate it, everything goes back to normal never mind all the people who will starve and die without it. Put it away, junior, every talking point you used there is garbage that the right wing doesn't even use anymore. And finally, this is a gay website. You don't come up in here and promote an institution that has killed so many of us over the centuries. Way to make it obvious you're a filthy troll that doesn't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2019 3:33 PM

r192 has never read a single article on Quillette.

by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2019 3:43 PM

What about the naive Hawaiians, R185? What about the Filipinos?

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2019 3:48 PM

I think ALL minorities should get it except Asians. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2019 3:52 PM

I am an African immigrant and where is my reparation money since I have to deal with African Americans and white people prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2019 3:57 PM

I want reparations for having to deal with boneheads like R192.

by Anonymousreply 197June 20, 2019 3:59 PM

Oh, R195? How about the (conservatively) estimated deaths of 200,000 Filipinos in the Philippine American war, with some estimates up to 1,000,000?

That absolutely eclipses any casualty that blacks suffered under American slavery. And Filipinos were never given the rights of US Citizens.

by Anonymousreply 198June 20, 2019 3:59 PM

It's not just slavery. Blacks are STILL being killed by police with NO consquences or justice.

by Anonymousreply 199June 20, 2019 4:02 PM

Thank you, troll. I accept your defeat and my victory most graciously. In the future, learn what you're talking about and don't come on a gay liberal site with right wing talking points, and then you won't suffer the defeat you just did.

by Anonymousreply 200June 20, 2019 4:09 PM

R159 - Did you see the PBS special, "Left Behind America"? It focussed on Dayton, Ohio, once a thriving middle-class industrial powerhouse with plenty of jobs and people moving up the economic ladder, buying homes, sending children to college, etc. Now, it's a wasteleand, a classic Rust Belt tragedy, including white and black folks who can't make ends meet no matter how hard they work or how many jobs they have. You think those white people are mentally ill for voting against a party throwing lifelines to one ethnic group whilst the other gets left to starve in despair?

All Trump voters were not KKK members dressed in white sheets. And not all the folk in Dayton will vote for Trump, either, or want to vote for him. They got taken in - despair doesn't do much for sharpening political acuity.

I'm not suggesting Trump is any answer for those people: he's playing them. But the Democrats need to know that they are making the same mistake they made with Hillary Clinton: ignoring the plight of the disappearing white middle- and blue-collar classes in places like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Ohio.

The black population of America is about 15%. The white population is still about 70% and a solid majority. 52% of white college educated women voted for Trump in 2016.

If the Democrats want to win this and get the vote of white people outside liberals on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, this isn't something they should make a huge issue of before they get back into office.

It plays right into the hands of the GOP's, "See? We were right. They don't care about you. All they care about are minorities, trannies getting into the bathrooms they identify with, and immigrants' rights. All those people come before you with this lot."

by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2019 4:22 PM

Who is R200 babbling at?

by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2019 4:27 PM

[quote]How do the Latino voters feel about this?

"Get your reparations while there are still enough guilty Anglos to give them to you. Come 2045 or so, all bets are off."

by Anonymousreply 203June 20, 2019 4:37 PM

The idea of reparations sounds like something a 7th grader thought up that got picked up by some real brain dead adults.

Is anyone serious about this???!!!

by Anonymousreply 204June 20, 2019 4:39 PM

A clip from the hearing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 20, 2019 4:46 PM

I'm 1/1024th black, what do I get?

by Anonymousreply 206June 20, 2019 4:49 PM

R201: Concern troll is concerned. And white college educated people are moving AWAY from Trump rapidly. 2020 will be not be a replay of 2016, that much is clear. And it would be if you weren't trolling or if you just completely stopped following all current events after November 2016.

by Anonymousreply 207June 20, 2019 4:51 PM

I look white, but my dick is so huge, that I must be part black. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 208June 20, 2019 4:52 PM

Idk, r208, we’d have to see it to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 209June 20, 2019 4:56 PM

Rather than give money as compensation, the black community should be given the best schools, universities, jobs and houses.

by Anonymousreply 210June 20, 2019 5:03 PM

Division thread.

FF

by Anonymousreply 211June 20, 2019 5:08 PM

r211, take it up with Congress, they're the ones having a committee to discuss the issue; as Americans (and I'm assuming most people commenting on this thread are Americans), we should discuss this issue.

by Anonymousreply 212June 20, 2019 5:10 PM

R206

You get another nickname, Tubman.

by Anonymousreply 213June 20, 2019 5:34 PM

But Japanese Americans and their descendants got reparations...of but I forgot, model minority/honorary white Americans sorry about forgetting that.

by Anonymousreply 214June 20, 2019 7:09 PM

The descendants of Japanese Americans didn’t get anything you turd. Those ACTUALLY imprisoned received it.

by Anonymousreply 215June 20, 2019 7:44 PM

I like how that black girl in R170 is wearing a shirt that says “lazy”... all while learning about how to beg for government handouts.

by Anonymousreply 216June 20, 2019 11:09 PM

[R170] I never knew Canada had a slave owning culture. I thought maybe they would get credit for being the terminus of the Underground Railroad that allowed escaped slaves to finally gain freedom. MAybe the sequel to "R is for Reparations" should be "R is for Repatriation" and they can return to paradise.

by Anonymousreply 217June 20, 2019 11:22 PM

Interview with Coleman Hughes that just came out today:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 21, 2019 1:45 AM

R210, How about clean water for 100% of all Americans? Then focus on safety so all can walk outside without fear of gang violence.

by Anonymousreply 219June 21, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote]Here is my advice to black people. It's worth much MUCH more than a measly $20,000. Guaranteed to build a successful future and generational wealth:

How generous of you, Muffy. Did you pass that wisdom on to your Negro help, and have they benefited from your moral guidance?

by Anonymousreply 220June 21, 2019 4:15 AM

R220 so you think the black community is doing just fine on their own then? They shouldn't need reparations , then, using your logic.

by Anonymousreply 221June 21, 2019 12:23 PM

[quote][R220] so you think the black community is doing just fine on their own then?

No, I'm saying they don't need unsolicited advice from Aunt Pittypat.

by Anonymousreply 222June 21, 2019 12:50 PM

Aunt Pittypat is so retarded she doesn't know that black people spend an inordinate amount of time in their churches as it is. But they should go more for success. Or some stupid shit. She says this on a gay message board, where these churches have brought so much pain and suffering. These trolls just out themselves repeatedly. They're that dumb.

by Anonymousreply 223June 21, 2019 1:38 PM

I love the way pointing out what has happened to blue-collar white in the Rust Belt, and that not every Trump voter has white sheets and tall pointy hats in the attic, gets called "rightwing". Ditto pointing out that had the Democrats realised whose votes they were losing and why earlier, and Hillary had listened to Bill when he told her to go back to Wisconsin instead of back to the soccer Moms in the 'burbs of Pennsylvania, she might not have lost WI by a hair.

The fact is, the same is true here in the UK: liberalism has become a middle-class accessory, rather than something actually serving the needs of the disenfranchised in the north of Engand, the country's eternal stepchild, whilst the southeast and London dominate. Jeremy Corbyn lives in Islington; look it up, it's a nice leafy neighbourhood. Diane Abbott lives in Clapham Crescent. Look that up, too.

By insisting that people pointing out why the centre-left is collapsing are rightwing racists, instead of reading up on the mistakes the centre-left are making, they being out their dog-eared "racist bigot rightwing putinbot" cards . . . and guarantee that the centre-left will go on making the same mistakes.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

The centre-left in Denmark finallly got back into power a month or so ago. You know why? They adopted the harsh rhetoric and policies on immigration and migration that the right used so successfully. That's how they finally got back into power.

Americans are shockingly out of touch with politics in the rest of the world because they're obsessed with Trump.

He's a symptom, not a cause.

I suggest you drop your idiotic Anyone Who With A Nuanced View Of This Is A Rightwing Bot nonesense - especially if you don't want to see Trump re-elected next year.

by Anonymousreply 224June 21, 2019 1:56 PM

R224 but we need dongs in the Ladies Room

by Anonymousreply 225June 21, 2019 2:06 PM

R224: Everything you stated has nothing to do with reparations. Which is the point of this thread. You wanna talk about the subject of the rust belt? Start your own thread. Because what you're doing is saying whites have it bad too, so black people shut up. That is the only subtext that justifies you introducing the non-sequitur of the rust belt into this thread about reparations for black slavery.

As far as Denmark is concerned, the Social Democrats may have won, but is it morally right to do what they did? I'd say no.

As far as your home country is concerned, the North would be better off with Abbott and Corbyn making policy over May and BoJo the Clown, regardless of where they live.

Overall, everything you said is either irrelevant to this subject or so superficial as not to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 226June 21, 2019 2:07 PM

They want Trump re-elected, how else would they further their victimhood?!

by Anonymousreply 227June 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Reparations screamers are secretly working for Plumpy’s team.

by Anonymousreply 228June 21, 2019 2:19 PM

R228: Ta-Nehsi Coates is a Trump supporter? Wow, you learn new fake news everyday.

by Anonymousreply 229June 21, 2019 2:44 PM

"Ta-Nehisi" sounds like some fried rice dish a white trash woman would order at a Chinese restaurant because it makes her seem worldly.

by Anonymousreply 230June 21, 2019 2:51 PM

Hysterically specific, r230!

by Anonymousreply 231June 21, 2019 2:53 PM

Ha ha ha! Aren't people who have names different from European ones hysterical?

by Anonymousreply 232June 21, 2019 3:05 PM

How about a living wage and real national health care? Fuck this shit, it's nothing but a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 233June 21, 2019 3:15 PM

It’s kind of insulting to put a price on it, but hey, we can all be bought. Oh, wait....

by Anonymousreply 234June 21, 2019 3:22 PM

A mother dragged her little son to the hearing. Terrible transfer of victim identity.

by Anonymousreply 235June 21, 2019 3:25 PM

If any former slaves were still living, I would asbsolutely support reparations but my God, how many generations removed from slavery are we now? It was over 150 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 236June 21, 2019 3:25 PM

R236, the new thing, which Coates made popular, is justifying it on the basis of continued discrimination by the federal government and states in the form of exclusion of blacks from home loans during FDR's administration onwards, Jim Crow, the war on drugs, and other supposed institutionalized racism. The wealth gap, they say, is the product of discrimination.

It's the new hook they're playing. Since slavery indeed was over a century ago. They're starting to accept that it's untenable even among the most gullible people, to justify reparations on slavery alone.

by Anonymousreply 237June 21, 2019 3:29 PM

Now they want millions of acres of land supposedly stolen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 21, 2019 3:34 PM

Let me tell you something. My people were slaves in Egypt for 400 years. And you know what? We got the fuck over it and we moved on.

by Anonymousreply 239June 21, 2019 3:35 PM

Foreigner explains things for us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 21, 2019 3:35 PM

Emerging angle- you're either with us or you're against us and completely racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 21, 2019 3:37 PM

You call clinging to "holy" real estate and destabilizing the world so you can have your own ethnostate, moving on?

by Anonymousreply 242June 21, 2019 3:38 PM

The media are piling on, trying to outdo each other in showing support for this nonsense. Meanwhile:

"By most accounts, reparations are unpopular. Only about 26 percent of Americans support compensation or cash benefits to descendants of black American slaves, and while a majority of black Americans endorse the idea, few polls show their support topping 60 percent."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 21, 2019 3:40 PM

If you say that it'll never be enough, they retort that "at least this is a start. It's an important conversation."

They're acknowledging that it'll be be enough.

They want a permanent scheme of massive transfers well beyond public assistance and affirmative action. It's obvious where this is leading.

by Anonymousreply 244June 21, 2019 3:44 PM

Y'all just let me know when they start cutting the checks. ✌

by Anonymousreply 245June 21, 2019 3:45 PM

that it'll never* be enough

by Anonymousreply 246June 21, 2019 3:48 PM

[quote]Ha ha ha! Aren't people who have names different from European ones hysterical? —Racist Scumbag Who Thinks She's Funny at r230.

Violent eye roll. Get a sense of humor, dick.

by Anonymousreply 247June 21, 2019 3:55 PM

Coates is hard to look at. Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 248June 21, 2019 3:56 PM

Imma fittin ta getz mines!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 21, 2019 4:08 PM

I don't care how it's argued, the vast majority of people will see it as unfair, that one group of people are getting financial remuneration for something that happened before they were alive, when ALL groups of people have, at some point in history, been enslaved, and that slavery still exists in many countries today. Investing in education, health care, small businesses, etc., would go a far more way to minimizing inequality.

by Anonymousreply 250June 21, 2019 4:10 PM

[quote]God I wish I could move to an Asian country. This racial shit here will never end.

You haven't seen racism until you've been to an Asian country. Nobody hates other races more than Asians.

by Anonymousreply 251June 21, 2019 4:12 PM

R229, try not to be so literal, dear.

What I meant was this is going to give Plumpy’s team a boost in ratings because no one else agrees with the reparations issue including most intelligent Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 252June 21, 2019 4:17 PM

Bullshit, r251. East Asians love the right kinds of Caucasians.

by Anonymousreply 253June 21, 2019 4:17 PM

This is what I found while in Thailand and Hong Kong while looking for a pharmacy...this was the late eighties...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 21, 2019 4:22 PM

Oh yeah, r254. That was around into the 90s. They're high IQ. They don't give a fuck. They don't bend over backwards for the "backwards other."

by Anonymousreply 255June 21, 2019 4:26 PM

Asians discriminate against those of the same race with a slightly darker skin tone and coarser features. Skin lightening creams are very popular still today.

by Anonymousreply 256June 21, 2019 4:28 PM

I see that many of the self-proclaimed Dems on this thread are VERY concerned - concerned that Trump may lose next year.

Classic Breitbart playbook for you: troll by starting identity politics threads.

by Anonymousreply 257June 21, 2019 4:33 PM

R256. We discriminate against our white trash who have red necks. They're tan and coarse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 21, 2019 4:33 PM

R257, you're blind. Leave Slate offices and get to know the country.

by Anonymousreply 259June 21, 2019 4:35 PM

[quote]Crazy is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

That applies to hard science.

Not so much to people.

by Anonymousreply 260June 21, 2019 4:37 PM

Until America reckons with & repents (with corresponding action) for the continuum of gross inhumane treatment of Black people, from slavery to Jim Crow to today’s systemic racism, in the words of my father, “there will be neither rest nor tranquility.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 21, 2019 4:48 PM

[quote] Until America reckons with & repents (with corresponding action) for the continuum of gross inhumane treatment of Black people, from slavery to Jim Crow to today’s systemic racism, in the words of my father, “there will be neither rest nor tranquility.”

She is not wrong. All the arguments against reparations are based in fear, contempt, rage and/or guilt.

by Anonymousreply 262June 21, 2019 4:58 PM

R225 - In the face of such indisputable logic, I am forced to give way.

R224

by Anonymousreply 263June 21, 2019 4:58 PM

[R261] It will be quiet when US the country burnt and crashed and then nothing will stop the Chinese putting blacks into camps like they have being done with Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 264June 21, 2019 5:03 PM

The argument against reparations is how do you calculate them?

What are they reparations for? Slavery, Jim Crow, Institutional Racism?

And then how much? Cash, benefits, prizes?

And what about Native Americans?

The LGBT community?

by Anonymousreply 265June 21, 2019 5:03 PM

FREE TV!!

by Anonymousreply 266June 21, 2019 5:04 PM

[quote]It will be quiet when US the country burnt and crashed and then nothing will stop the Chinese putting blacks into camps like they have being done with Muslims.

Oh, fucking dear!

by Anonymousreply 267June 21, 2019 5:05 PM

Reparations should be made by investing more money into traditionally black neighborhoods and their educations not giving them a salary for life.

by Anonymousreply 268June 21, 2019 5:32 PM

R236 my great-grandfather owned 50+ slaves so it isn't as far removed as that - I fully expect to receive a massive bill one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 269June 21, 2019 5:55 PM

Good R269. My family came to the US long after slavery was abolished, and I would leave this country before I would pay one dime for reparations. You can foot the bill.

by Anonymousreply 270June 21, 2019 5:58 PM

The Democrats just love to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Blacks have been treated horribly in this country, and that treatment went more than 100 years past emancipation. However, the optics of this will hurt the Democrats.

Many Americans feel the way R270 does, and then there are all the immigrants, who just view this as an insane giveaway. And then there are Latinos, some of whom are not fond of Blacks in their own countries, and feud with them here.

Between this and the Equality Act destroying women's rights, safety and sports, the Democrats seem to be spoiling for a Dump win.

They need to stay away from Woke Twitter and concentrate on chicken-in-every-pot issues.

by Anonymousreply 271June 21, 2019 6:12 PM

R233 You are absolutely correct - this is the politics of distraction. That is the whole point of these hearings.

As long as they can get people riled up about these symbolic issues the Democratic Party leadership can continue to ignore doing anything about passing healthcare reform, a comprehensive infrastructure bill (including safe water), and increased spending on early education. Instead of asking why nothing has been done in Congress despite the Democrats having had a majority since January here we are all arguing about reparations for black people instead.

by Anonymousreply 272June 21, 2019 6:14 PM

R272, So true. Guaranteed you'll see clips of those hearings to detrimental effect in Trump 2020 campaign ads. Minority groups who aren't ADOS will be screaming as well as poorer Whites.

by Anonymousreply 273June 21, 2019 6:21 PM

R273 count on those clips already whether or not this proceeds any further . It will be played continuously

by Anonymousreply 274June 21, 2019 8:21 PM

r272 you said it better than I did. It infuriates me that Democrats are doing this pointless shit. This does nothing but inflame emotions on both sides of the argument and cause further divisiveness. I'm convinced politicians do this shit because they're just too fucking lazy to tackle real issues.

We need a living wage, we need real national health care. We need to tackle the student debt problem and the housing crisis. The increasing wage gap. We don't need talk about reparations, FAR too much time has passed and it's a no-win issue. It's so infuriating that an issue like this is thrown out there like red meat to a tiger, so nobody will tackle the important issues that the US is facing RIGHT NOW in 2019. Not something from the 19th century or the early 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 275June 21, 2019 8:27 PM

[quote]Now they want millions of acres of land supposedly stolen.

So will they then turn Tulsa back to the Lochapoka, the tribe that the land was actually taken from? Will the Creek get Atlanta back and the Powhatan regain Baltimore?

by Anonymousreply 276June 21, 2019 8:32 PM

In a hundred years maybe Mexican immigrant descendants will get reparations for Trump’s concentration camps.

by Anonymousreply 277June 21, 2019 8:34 PM

Don't give the Democrats any ideas, R277

Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-state with five people called Wisconsin) just had a photo op with HRC to push the Gay-Kids Sterilization Act AKA the In-Equality Act.

This is what the Democrats are getting up to -destroying women/gay rights- while Dr. Strange Dump starts WW III

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278June 21, 2019 9:15 PM

What Do Slave Reparations Mean?

Everyone needs to watch this 7 & a half minute clip explaining what reparations mean. To those of you who think this is a simple process of writing a check, please watch this video and keep an open mind. Thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 21, 2019 9:34 PM

I always thought LBJ's Affirmative Action program was to act as a sort of reparation for what African Americans had been through. I'd say reinforce Aff Act more scholarships at public universities, fully fund HBCUs, support African American homeowners with mortgage relief and increase access to capital for African American owned small businesses.

by Anonymousreply 280June 21, 2019 10:52 PM

I still don’t understand how they are going to determine who has slave ancestors.

by Anonymousreply 282June 21, 2019 11:24 PM

If you’re black you got’em.

by Anonymousreply 283June 21, 2019 11:29 PM

I’ll pay the damned reparations if that will make everyone shut up.

by Anonymousreply 284June 21, 2019 11:36 PM

R282 Henry louis Gates, Jr. is on it!

by Anonymousreply 285June 21, 2019 11:45 PM

good lawd have mercy....just ridic....

by Anonymousreply 286June 21, 2019 11:49 PM

don't trannys need reparations too? they been abused since ancient time yea. jus ask cleopatra

by Anonymousreply 287June 21, 2019 11:50 PM

Felons should be excluded from reparations.

by Anonymousreply 288June 21, 2019 11:56 PM

About 305,000 Africans were handed over by other Africans and Muslims to board European owned ships to become slaves of Euro-Americans, during the whole history of slavery in America. Between 1 and 2 million Europeans (as far as Iceland) were enslaved by the Muslims and their slave trade to disappear in North Africa and other Muslim lands, never to be heard of again.

In New York City there are whole neighborhoods of African-American and Caribbean-American owned homes and buildings.

by Anonymousreply 289June 22, 2019 12:14 AM

Slavery, slavery everywhere! It makes mah head spin.

by Anonymousreply 290June 22, 2019 12:20 AM

[quote]We need a living wage, we need real national health care. We need to tackle the student debt problem and the housing crisis. The increasing wage gap.

Uh-huh. If you were paying attention you'd notice the US House has passed around 100 bills in this session. Voting rights, economic issues, health care issues, and more.

Guess who's blocking every single one of them.

The Dems are putting a message out, but it gets lost in the 120dB bullshit tornado generated by President Shithole. And the Senate is doing absolutely nothing but wingnut judicial appointees.

by Anonymousreply 291June 22, 2019 12:37 AM

Ta-Nehisi Coates explains it quite well. It's not about writing a fucking check. It's about addressing racial inequality in all walks of society.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 22, 2019 12:41 AM

Most people today believe that the problems experienced by blacks are mostly self-inflicted and self-perpetuated.

There is very little support for reparations among non-blacks.

by Anonymousreply 293June 22, 2019 12:51 AM

[quote]paid out $20,000 in compensation to each surviving victim.

So any surviving slave would be eligible. I'm good with that.

by Anonymousreply 294June 22, 2019 12:54 AM

All other minorities seem to be doing very well, a few exceedingly well, and there are huge swaths of entirely black and black Caribbean owned single homes in Brooklyn. Queens and the Bronx. His point?

by Anonymousreply 295June 22, 2019 12:55 AM

[quote]Most [bold]racists[/bold] today believe that the problems experienced by blacks are mostly self-inflicted and self-perpetuated.

Fixed your typo, Gomer.

[quote]All other minorities seem to be doing very well, a few exceedingly well, and there are huge swaths of entirely black and black Caribbean owned single homes in Brooklyn. Queens and the Bronx. His point?

Incarceration rates

Infant Mortality

Income/savings inequality

Voting rights

Did you bother to watch the video? "Yeah but Caribbeans in Brooklyn" is hardly a response.

by Anonymousreply 296June 22, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote]Incarceration rates Infant Mortality Income/savings inequality Voting rights

All of which are even worse in the Native American community, but because they lack a spirited PR campaign in the national media lead by the Democratic Party no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 297June 22, 2019 1:02 AM

That’s the appeal R251. They don’t put up with this mewling social justice shit. No “privilege” or guilt. It’s put up or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 298June 22, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote]All of which are even worse in the Native American community, but because they lack a spirited PR campaign in the national media lead by the Democratic Party no one cares.

There were reparations for several American Indian tribes over the years. It didn't go well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 22, 2019 1:13 AM

What r293 said, unfortunately. Reparations doesn't have hardly any support among non-whites.

by Anonymousreply 300June 22, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote] It's not about writing a fucking check.

I agree it'a not about a trucking check, though they'll take that if they can jet it. It's about building and maintaining perpetual grievance and division.

by Anonymousreply 301June 22, 2019 1:21 AM

autocorrect failure

by Anonymousreply 302June 22, 2019 1:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!