Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kathy Griffin Pays Tribute To Gloria Vanderbilt

This is kinda sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2019 10:18 PM

Sad but the cynic in me says this is another way for Kathy to get attention

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 7:45 AM

Translation = I love your mom, but you're still a little bitch Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 8:08 AM

Once again, she makes it all about her. I, Me, My, We. Fuck off Kathy. Let Gloria's body cool a bit.

I can't imagine what she's going to squeeze out of Maggie once she pops her clogs. She's already half-way there.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 8:47 AM

[quote]Sad but the cynic in me says this is another way for Kathy to get attention

She had a friendship with Gloria, that didn't involve Anderson, over a period of years and had talked about her quite a bit in the past.

This isn't something she materialized out of her ass for attention.

As for "making it all about her" she's talking about her relationship with her. People generally do that. This is not a brand new way of expressing one's feelings about the death of a friend or loved one. This is no different than what people did with Stan Lee and you saw what happened when Armie Hammer was torn apart for saying people were making it about them and not him. No, they were talking about their relationship to him. The end.

She left Anderson out of it publicly. (Who knows if she contacted him privately but if she had of said something publicly the cynical hounds would have torn her apart.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 9:18 AM

r4 a tasteful message out of respect, but a long Twitter thread, Instagram, etc. is tacky and attention seeking

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 9:43 AM

r4 Is Kathy's PR. Will they never get how obvious they are? I suppose it's to show their client: See? This is what I did for you, that will be xxx dollars.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 12:50 PM

Or maybe R4 is a millennial and understands that’s how these things are expressed in 2019 whether older people like it or not?

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 12:55 PM

Nice try r7 Move along, toots.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 1:14 PM

Part of me thinks she's looking for the response.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 1:19 PM

[quote]Once again, she makes it all about her. I, Me, My, We. Fuck off Kathy. Let Gloria's body cool a bit.

Death, dying, and the subsequent funeral/memorial service is all about the mourners. Humans make death about themselves. About how the dead made them feel or impacted their life. Kathy's reaction is no different than anyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 1:34 PM

What a desperate little troll she is

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 2:04 PM

It was in poor taste for Kathy to make it all about how much Gloria loved KATHY GRIFFIN!

And not one word like "I'm so sorry for Anderson's loss."

That would have shown tact.

Instead, it all looked designed to show off and rub Anderson's face in how close she was to his mother.

Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 3:33 PM

Classy would have been to stay silent through Anderson's period of mourning.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 5:58 PM

I thought it was a nice tribute, she didn't overdo it. Just five tweets, remembering her friend and times they shared together. She's already moved on to tweeting about other things now. Meanwhile, if she'd said nothing, someone somewhere would have been snarking about how showbiz-phony her friendship with Gloria had been, all those years. And If she had mentioned Anderson by name, people would have even more of a problem with it. Can't win, but I think she did it the right way.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, if she'd said nothing, someone somewhere would have been snarking about how showbiz-phony her friendship with Gloria had been, all those years. And If she had mentioned Anderson by name, people would have even more of a problem with it. Can't win, but I think she did it the right way.

Exactly, R14.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2019 6:40 AM

Let me make this VERY clear. (If I haven’t already) You are not my family. You are not my friend. So I’m writing to tell you one last time to stop exploiting our tragedy in order to restore your ‘nice girl’ persona.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2019 7:19 AM

Another troll post. Quit linking to Rupert Murdoch’s rags. We know Trump hates Kathy. I love her. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2019 7:24 AM

Never trust a woman who doesn't drink. Kathy is a tacky fabricator. A user of everyone she's ever met. She exploited her own siblings - though she has no genuine feelings for them at all. She has an interesting history with men too. As in she doesn't want their money, but they must be totally devoted to her career, publicity and pleasure. She's the Jacqueline Susann of comedy. Trashy, tacky, greedy, relentless and a terrible snob. She's got some good stories. And she returned to form with her remarks about Kim and Kanye. She's gets invited to some swanky affairs, but she's got to sing for supper. Glo Vandi? Anderson must hate himself for ever befriending her. Cher does.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2019 7:46 AM

At some point, expect her to harp on how she was excluded from Gloria’s funeral.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2019 10:11 AM

You Kathy queens do realize there is a nice piece of real estate between 5 self-serving trolling of Anderson tweets and saying nothing at all, don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2019 1:26 PM

R20 Do you really think Anderson is concerned with Kathy's tweets? I think you are far more bothered by Kathy's tweets than Anderson will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2019 6:28 PM

I refuse to watch CNN New year's eve show until Anderson brings Kathy back.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2019 9:59 PM

I love any thorn in Anderson's side, the pompous douche.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2019 10:11 PM

It's pretty juvenile to be a 58 year old thorn. I don't care for Anderson Cooper at all. Or his mother. Ridiculous people. But Kathy was always very content to be court jester to the rich and famous, count her cash and brag about her 75 million. She worked hard, but her hard work shows in her lack of self reflection. I used to think she was in on her own joke about how cheap her jokes were, how shallow, exploitive and self obsessed she was. But no, she's a raging; and I mean full of rage, narcissist. What a tacky, toothless thorn. She's funny on the run - but has feet of clay.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2019 10:33 PM

She is such an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2019 12:39 AM

It is sad. I think she really cared for the old lady

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2019 12:46 AM

R26, of course she does. Kathy loves herself

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2019 12:57 AM

I love how the funeral became all about Anderson. From this photo you would never know she had three children when she died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2019 1:30 AM

Well, he's the only star in the family now and his siblings might as well get used to that.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2019 1:33 AM

Anderson Cooper is accomplished and famous. No one has less star wattage.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2019 2:51 AM

I do wonder about his relationship with his other brothers. It really is like they don't exist. It was just Anderson and Gloria in their own little world. It was odd to me there were no photos of them at the funeral, yet there were of Anderson's last two boyfriends. Maybe they were estranged from Gloria?

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2019 6:19 AM

I didn't realize Anderson had brothers besides the one who died. They really did fly under the radar.

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2019 9:08 AM

They are half brothers

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2019 9:45 AM

There hasn't been a funeral yet. Who keeps saying there was? The DM pics were of her being removed from her apartment to a funeral home.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2019 10:11 AM

r34 No idea, but point remains about the invisible brothers.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2019 11:07 AM

Ok, this is what I mean. They may have "only" been half brothers, but wouldn't you still consider them "immediate family"? I'm really curious to know what the backstory is here. From the DM today:

Fighting back tears, he told viewers: 'My dad died when I was ten, and my brother when I was 21. She was the last of my immediate family ... The last person who knew me from the beginning. They’re all gone and it feels very lonely right now. I hope they are at least together.'

OK, found some info. One brother, Christopher was (remains?) estranged. The eldest brother Stan apparently was close with his mother but preferred to stay in the background. One would think would surface at a time like this. He may have been close(ish) with Gloria, but perhaps Anderson is a different story?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2019 1:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2019 2:00 PM

R37 Celebrity Death Pool 2019

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2019 2:56 PM

R37 R38 He may do an Alexander McQueen, he seems quite weak

by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2019 10:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!