Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I left my phone in Costco a couple of days ago

I've located my phone now in someone's apartment but I don't know which one. I used the find my phone google, and it has been in two locations in about 15 hours. I've put messages on the phone screen and make it ring to get their attention. So far no response. They know I will give a reward, but don't seem to be interested. I've locked the phone itself. Should I take my info to the police or is it too general? This phone has my medical info on my cancer treatments and reconstruction would difficult/not impossible. It's not a fancy phone, it's a moto x4, but replacing it is a financial hardship.

Has anyone a suggestion or two that might me recover my phone?

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2019 1:29 PM

You sound like a complicated person.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 2:34 AM

Knock on all the doors of the apartment complex until you find the right one.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 2:39 AM

Make your locked screensaver a pic that includes a telephone number that can be called if it's lost then found.

If it is locked, they can't find numbers to track down the owner. Another option is to place a business/personal card inside the phone case/cover.

This doesn't help OP.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 2:48 AM

gurl do a remote wipe of that phone and move on, you sound like you have BPD

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 2:54 AM

Same thing happened to me. Remote delete and get a new one. The person who took it will likely try to sell it. Unfortunately. Phones have become such a critical accessory, wish there was a better way to retrieve lost ones.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 3:03 AM

Oh dear, I wish you had friends..

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 3:06 AM

Do you have a friend who could beat the thieves until they vomit blood?

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 3:07 AM

Say goodbye to that phone, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 3:11 AM

OP here, my phone is on google fi service, so I can and did leave messages even with my phone being locked. Thanks for the humor and condolences. Sometimes you guys and gals are great. This was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 3:29 AM

WHY OH WHY do people put their ENTIRE LIVES ON A FUCKING CELL PHONE?!

Seriously, NO ONE is that busy they cannot write important info down. WHY is your "medical info on my cancer treatments" on your cell, you don't have any medical info on paper?

I have a cell but I only use it as a phone, you know what phones actually used to be about?! I could give shit if people think I'm not 'cool' or whatever, I would never put banking and other vital important info on a fucking phone.

Sorry OP, I don't feel sorry for you or anyone else who tells me "my LIFE is on my phone", well my answer, DO NOT PUT YOU LIFE ON FUCKING PHONE.

I still keep paper files of important numbers, banking etc info, emails and other vital info. As as well keeping all that duplicate info on my computer and on my two external HDs.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 3:30 AM

I have my phone set up so my google voice number shows on the lock screen. You should do that, OP. Next time, that is.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 3:31 AM

I just read a sad story in the NY Times about a woman whose mother suddenly died. All the important info the women needed to access was on the late mother's phone, which was locked, the Password she had did not work.

The woman finally got some Apple tech person to unlock the phone. I cannot imagine how anyone could think keeping all their important info on a cell phone is such a great idea. These days, are people actually this lazy and stupid?

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 3:33 AM

[quote] I have a cell but I only use it as a phone, you know what phones actually used to be about?!

This is for r10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 3:34 AM

Like I posted, R13, I could give a flying shit what anyone thinks. I don't follow the rest of the sheeple.

Common sense should tell anyone, they shouldn't keep all their important info in ONE place, let alone on a phone, which they can easily lose or get robbed for.

Don't be such an imbecile, use your fucking brain. Try it sometime!

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 3:53 AM

It's amazing how much anger some of us have within us. r14 really needs some kindness shown to him/her. I'm the OP, and I didn't have any information but my call directory which I didn't know Google Fi had backed up for me regularly. I never banked and only rarely purchased a few thing from Amazon, Ebay and Chewy and these were all site password protected which I changed anyway.

Got my new phone two days ago, but held off erasing my old phone which Google locked immediately when I lost it. I like my new Pixel 3a much better than the X4.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2019 5:38 AM

Not only do people put their lives on their phone, they pay way more than they ever should for one. And then they put said valuable phone in their jeans back pocket and stroll around a big city rife with pickpockets!

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2019 6:18 AM

Calm down r10, jesus.

All my medical test results and insurance info is online now. OP's are surely the same way. I haven't had paper used for medical records in years, except for a prescription after surgery that had to be hand written.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2019 6:29 AM

R10 is a deranged lunatic

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2019 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!