Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Spent a Week Interrogating My Dislike of Pete Buttigieg and These Are My Findings

From Jezebel of course

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 22, 2019 5:06 AM

Bet she has a $66,000 student loan debt, and her parents pay her rent.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 1:40 AM

She's a BernieBro. They get very upset when other candidates take a bit out of Bernie's voter pool.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 1:42 AM

bite

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 1:43 AM

Her preferred candidate will be eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 1:45 AM

Bernie is bleeding polling points.

Pete is doing well.

Listen to what he says at the debates. He is guaranteed to be in the 4th debate already.

Marathon runner.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 1:45 AM

šŸ„‘šŸž

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 1:49 AM

R6 šŸ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 1:53 AM

Many ADOS Black voters want reparations in exchange for their votes or at least free college. Either one will guarantee a Trump re-election. In sum the reporter in OP is extremely biased.

Why not be practical instead and guarantee clean water for 100% of all Americans? Then deal with the extreme violence the poorest Americans face daily in Chicago et al? Much more appealing & practical ideas to Independent voters.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 2:05 AM

Reparations are a trap discussion.

All Dems should ignore the hook.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 2:07 AM

I don't even know what reparation is. Entrapment?

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 2:12 AM

r10, it is what you would pay -G for ruining her career.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 2:16 AM

Who cares what a straight bitch with chinky- eyes thinks?! Mayor Pete is one of us and therefore must be defended at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 2:22 AM

Asians don't like Pete.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 2:23 AM

The writer sounds like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 2:26 AM

It took her a week of watching film and reading articles to decide if she ā€œlikedā€ him only to find out she liked him but didnā€™t like him for President? What a fucking douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 2:32 AM

Some of the most homophobic people in the world are females who describe themselves as ā€œintersectional feministsā€.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 2:34 AM

[quote]Who cares what a straight bitch with chinky- eyes thinks?! Mayor Pete is one of us and therefore must be defended at all costs.

Yes! Racists for Mayor Pete!

F&F

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 10:14 AM

It read like a very well-done parody of a Millennial-focused women's site.

Only it wasn't a parody.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 10:20 AM

This idiot woman apparently doesn't understand the English language. How does one interrogate a personal dislike? Does the dislike answer the bitch back?

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 10:40 AM

I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs because I kept on hearing Carrie Bradshaw doing the voiceover.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 11:00 AM

The article was surprisingly good. Many voters will find Pete to be unrelatable. His education and elite intellect will be a detriment. "Pete Buttigieg Increasingly Sounds Like That Guy You Hated in College".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 11:10 AM

Using "interrogate" this way comes straight out of critical theory. It's annoying, but this writer didn't invent it.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2019 11:12 AM

Pete Buttigieg is the anal retentive guy who's in charge of the homeowner's association.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 11:45 AM

r23, I find him neither retentive or expulsive. I find him a brilliant, well thought out person.

I would love to have him as my HOA president, too.

He is not that guy I hated in college as the guy in college I hated were the drunk jocks who hung out windows with caveman clubs.

Pete is a smart guy with new approaches to old problems.

And I find it comforting that he is Episcopalian, like most past presidents.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2019 12:35 PM

R24, So true. Writer in OP shows her true colors when she admits to jealousy re that Mayor Pete reminds her of the smartest guy in college. That's exactly what's wrong with the US today, we don't sufficiently reward hard work and natural intelligence. Instead it's all about "entitlement" and "everyone gets a trophy" attitude. Shame on the writer for setting a terrible example to the women and minority readers of Jezebel.

Would be curious who Mayor Pete would pick for Secretary of Education. I don't like the current one.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2019 12:51 PM

R22 Is "interrogate" what you do after you "unpack"?

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2019 1:10 PM

Here's my theory: Jezebel writers want desperately to hate him because he's not the sort of gay man they like to collect, as pets, you know, the femmey, insecure, unattractive gay guy who can be their wingman, tell them that it's okay they ate a pint of ice cream, gets all their Real Housewives references and has strong and definitive opinions on their hair, wardrobe and make-up choices.

In their minds, those gay men aren't really guys, so they're not bothered by the fact that they're not into women.

Pete, OTOH, is a good looking, masculine, sort of nerdy guy who was also in the military and yet, despite being perfect husband material, is married to a man. The fact that, in their minds, he's rejected women, is what bothers them most about him. He's a gay who doesn't need to be "just one of the gals."

Also, reading the equally ridiculous piece at R21, all I could think was "of course he did all that. That's what closeted gay guys do. They find ways to be social while avoiding the whole having to date women thing."

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2019 1:56 PM

Chunky eyes?

. Only on DL

This place pisses me off more often than not.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2019 2:03 PM

r13 - Pete don't like Asians neither.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]Reparations are a trap discussion.

[quote]All Dems should ignore the hook.

I'm black and I have heard no discussion among other black people about reparations. The only people who seem to be discussing reparations are white people. I would say just stop it, but now the genie is out of the bottle and republicans and the media are going to use it as much as they can.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2019 2:08 PM

People dislike Pete Buttigeig because Pete Buttigeig is a type the same way Lea Michelle is a type. He just irritates people.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2019 2:20 PM

Pete's type is "The Professional Gay White Male in Early Middle Age Who Will Not Stop Reminding You How Competent He Is."

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2019 2:23 PM

I don't see the parallel between Lea Michele and Pete Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2019 2:27 PM

[quote] I'm black and I have heard no discussion among other black people about reparations.

Black Millennials are screaming about it. I know them personally.

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2019 2:30 PM

Ditto R33 (though admittedly not all that familiar with Lea Michelle and/or why people dislike her.)

Lots of people bug me. Pete doesn't, just seems like a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2019 2:32 PM

[quote]Here's my theory: Jezebel writers want desperately to hate him because he's not the sort of gay man they like to collect, as pets, you know, the femmey, insecure, unattractive gay guy who can be their wingman, tell them that it's okay they ate a pint of ice cream, gets all their Real Housewives references and has strong and definitive opinions on their hair, wardrobe and make-up choices.

I have encountered these types of women and yes they dislike gay men who aren't their pet/bff material. I'm sure those women would also hate Jared Polis.

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2019 2:33 PM

Only in America is it a bad thing to be smart. People would rather vote for an idiot than someone who actually is well educated, well read, and who can intelligently discuss a variety of topics.

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2019 2:39 PM

She makes several valid points.

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2019 2:57 PM

If you interrogate a dislike long enough, does it make a false confession?

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2019 3:00 PM

R8/R9: Concern trolls are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]Only in America is it a bad thing to be smart.

In other fields, that's clearly not correct, since there are many smart, successful people who are admired in the United States. What people are adverse to is politicians who are smart and believe they are much smarter than the common man, and who approach politics as needing to convince dumb people why they should change their views. People don't like intelligence being lorded over them. It's not a way to get the most votes. Bill Clinton was also a Rhodes Scholar, but he didn't wear it on his sleeve. His "I feel your pain" sentiment may have been mocked, but he did establish a rapport with people in need. That's not going to happen with Pete. It's not his nature.

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2019 3:18 PM

[quote]What people are adverse to is politicians who are smart and believe they are much smarter than the common man, and who approach politics as needing to convince dumb people why they should change their views.

So it's wrong trying to explain to people that the reason for their problems is how they're voting? The white working class continues to vote republican, yet republicans don't give two shits about them. You're not supposed to bring that up?

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2019 3:25 PM

Are you insane,r41? In what universe has he ever lorded being a Rhodes scholar over anyone? Others bring it up, not him. You haven't even listened to him talk. He sounds humble, nice and thoughtful. And by the way, he's a much better person than Bill Clinton (and I'm a Clinton fan). Bill pretended to empathize with the riffraff, Pete actually does. If anyone likes to remind people of their Rhodes scholarship, it's Rachel Maddow.

And for those who are annoyed with his intelligence, tough shit. Keep following that populist idiot Bernie Sanders (the Trump of the left). He will never be the nominee and you can sit at home and lick your wounds again in the general.

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2019 3:40 PM

Funny to use Bill Clinton as an example because if I had a dollar for every time I heard some variation of "she thinks she's better than everyone else" as the rationale from someone who claimed to hate his wife, I'd be able to buy you all a very nice inner with some top shelf wine.

Do not get that vibe from Pete at all, nor have I heard anyone put it out there about him. He always comes off as very humble and midwestern.

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2019 5:43 PM

^dinner . D must have gotten deleted

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2019 5:44 PM

Humble? He's the mayor of a Midwestern shithole that thinks he's entitled to be President.

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2019 5:47 PM

If anyone is entitled itā€™s that cunt Hillary Clinton. She should have sat her tired old ass down in 2016 and we wouldnā€™t have Trump in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2019 5:49 PM

How the hell is Hillary being dragged into this conversation?

Talk about betting a dead horse.... geesh, get over the woman.

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2019 5:58 PM

I spent one minute reading the subheading at OP's link before dismissing this annoying article.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2019 6:03 PM

well, R47 was an easy block.

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2019 6:33 PM

I don't know if I agree with the writer, but I laughed out loud when one of the Jezebel commenters said Pete was Rory Gilmore. It was in the article where they talked about him frying kidneys on the stove in honor of James Joyce and learning Norwegian on the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2019 7:33 PM

[quote] Who cares what a straight bitch with chinky- eyes thinks?! Mayor Pete is one of us and therefore must be defended at all costs.

Is this a joke comment? Please tell me it is.

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2019 7:56 PM

This guy is masculine and good looking?? Lord almighty, how standards have fallen. I have nothing against the guy, but let's be real, he's an elitist nerd.

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2019 8:03 PM

R53= Biden Supporter

by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2019 8:05 PM

R46 sums up my feelings. He gives off a very arrogant, entitled vibe. The husband doing his own townhalls/fundraisers also runs me the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2019 8:13 PM

rubs

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2019 8:13 PM

I agree with R41. Bill Clinton was a deeply flawed President and person, but had a rare ability to be both brilliant and charming/empathetic. I didnā€™t really especially like him at the time, but in retrospect admire how good he was at the job.

Iā€™d vote for Pete in a minute, but he does have a self-righteous, stick-up-his ass quality thatā€™s very midwestern Catholic. That wonā€™t play in the south.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2019 8:19 PM

At least heā€™s better than draft dodging Biden.

ā€œJoeBiden told room full of rich donors, "I need you very badly." Then he said, "No oneā€™s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change." That could be his campaign slogan. Do people still not understand why progressives have no interest in voting for him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2019 8:20 PM

R58 serving in the military doesn't qualify you to be a President. There's something very right wing about how Pete bots use this to bolster him.

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote] That wonā€™t play in the south.

Who gives a shit about the motherfucking South? Those shitty asshole states always vote Republican anyway.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote] [R58] serving in the military doesn't qualify you to be a President.

I'll say!

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2019 8:24 PM

I wouldn't vote for someone stupid enough to enlist.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2019 8:25 PM

You should care very much about Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, and Texas, moron R60. All those states are projected to be very close in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2019 8:25 PM

R61 Bill Clinton and Obama also didn't serve. Again it's logic that a freeper would use.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2019 8:26 PM

,r64, They didnā€™t use some phoney diagnosis like biden and Trump did to send poor people in their place

Though maybe if they had served hey wouldnā€™t have been terrible Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2019 8:28 PM

R63 Texas is part of the south?? Has Georgia gone blue in the last 25 years? Florida is full of fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2019 8:29 PM

Now that we know there are those trying to divide the American electorate, it is wise not to rise to the bait.

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2019 8:30 PM

Never will we go back to corporate democrats. This is the progressive party and we will reject Obama and Clinton type candidates. That means Joe and Harris are out.

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2019 8:32 PM

If he weren't gay and white, DL would not care about him. So basically, the author is only evaluating what 90% of the voting public likely feels.

He's not only going to go nowhere, but he'll inhibit future gay politicians for a similar run as he will crash and burn pretty hard when it matters.

Don't fool yourselves, America is not ready yet.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2019 8:35 PM

[quote]That his husband Chasten says he is a loud chewer!

See that is a fucking dealbreaker for me. Learn to eat quietly and chew with your fucking mouth closed!

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2019 8:39 PM

If Republicans have to fight for Georgia and Texas, the race is already over.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2019 8:49 PM

R69 gets it.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2019 9:03 PM

r59, people who serve see military personnel as PEOPLE.

People who have not served may see them as disposable pawns.

A person who has served is more likely to opt for peace.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2019 9:18 PM

r69, if you wait till someone is ready, there will never be a person.

Pete is the perfect person at the right time.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2019 9:19 PM

R73 explains George HW Bush.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2019 9:20 PM

It really does read like a parody of an idiot trying to sound intelligent but failing.

Unfortunately, it is not a parody. It is, indeed, written by an idiot.

An idiot who has a platform, and a vote. This is why good guys lose.

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2019 9:37 PM

R74 The US can't elect a woman.

A black man was elected and 90% of the country revolted by electing a fear-mongering racist, sexist, elitist pig --- who will never do anything for them.

Buttigieg will be another token gay that is celebrated for his token value but discarded when another token fad comes along.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2019 12:05 AM

She doesn't like his policies.

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2019 12:48 AM

Presented without comment:

[quote]Some of the most homophobic people in the world are females who describe themselves as ā€œintersectional feministsā€.

[quote]If anyone is entitled itā€™s that cunt Hillary Clinton. She should have sat her tired old ass down in 2016 and we wouldnā€™t have Trump in the White House.

[quote]R53= Biden Supporter

[quote]At least heā€™s better than draft dodging Biden.

[quote]ā€œJoeBiden told room full of rich donors, "I need you very badly." Then he said, "No oneā€™s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change." That could be his campaign slogan. Do people still not understand why progressives have no interest in voting for him?

[quote],r64, They didnā€™t use some phoney diagnosis like biden and Trump did to send poor people in their place

[quote]Though maybe if they had served hey wouldnā€™t have been terrible Presidents.

[quote]Never will we go back to corporate democrats. This is the progressive party and we will reject Obama and Clinton type candidates. That means Joe and Harris are out.

[quote]R8, Grabbing someoneā€™s titties on tv without consent is sexual assault.

[quote]Bernie is too good or the Democratic Party.

[quote]Bernie was not given a fair shake by the media or by the dnc. Those superdelegates were bought and paid for and the DNC was caught purposefully hindering Bernie many times. I am not a fan of Clinton as a result and chose not to vote for her. She is an example of the type of Democrat we need to move away from. Biden too.

[quote]No, I despise Trump even more than I do Hillary. Just not enough to vote for someone I see as part of the larger problem. R81

[quote]R82, Every superdelegate who voted for Hillary is a crook and only wanted to keep the 1% happy. Fuck everyone else right, r82?

[quote]R85, Dude, googling ā€œDNC hindering Bernieā€ turns up thousands of results. Just because Rachel maddow or whatever biased MSM show you watch didnā€™t tell you doesnā€™t mean it didnā€™t happen.

[quote]R88=triggered Hillarybot. Time to wrap it up, Gramps. Your kind is dying out.

[quote]R90, The actual data is that your girl Hillary lost and rightfully so. Hillary will be remembered as the old crooked woman who was so unlovable that she lost to Donald Fucking Trump.

[quote]R92, He lost to hillary because DNC stole the primary for her. How many leaders did the DNC got through during the election because their tricks were found out? LmaoThat is how history will remember it because that is how the young see it. Sorry dude. Hillary is the past and Bernie is the future.

[quote]R93, Bernieā€™s ideas reasonate with young people. His supporters skewed younger while Hillaryā€™s were older.

[quote]You guys watch too much MSM. Stop falling into the hands of the 1%

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2019 1:36 AM

[quote]Don't fool yourselves, America is not ready yet.

In 2008 many thought America wasn't ready for a black president. I'm not saying you have to like Pete or even vote for him, but it seems like some of you are just salivating for him to crash and burn. And that just seems odd to me, here on a forum populated by a majority of gay men. I'm realistic about his chances, but I like what he has to say and like the way he carries himself and I like the idea of Pete and Chasten in the White House. And while it may not happen in 2020, I'm proud that it could happen and like how he has brought us one step closer to the possibility.

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2019 1:48 AM

Itā€™s a bit of a bait and switch with Pete. Itā€™s like a genie says you can have a smart, young, thoughtful, openly gay president. BUT. Heā€™s a devout christian.

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2019 2:16 AM

[quote]...it seems like some of you are just salivating for him to crash and burn. And that just seems odd to me, here on a forum populated by a majority of gay men.

R80, the DL is one of the most homophobic sites on the internet. There are people on here who hate the idea of a successful, openly gay man who seems to be comfortable in his own skin.

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2019 2:55 AM

R82 A lot of us are tired of this guy and his husband being overhyped.

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2019 2:58 AM

R82 A lot of us want to elect the best candidate, not just the first gay one to come close (which is not that much of an honor this year given that there are what 30+ Democratic nominees?).

A lot of women felt the same about Hillary.

Hope you don't get all upset whens straight, religious Republicans vote for straight, religious Republicans like themselves.

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2019 4:31 AM

If Pete doesn't get the nomination, I think he would make an excellent UN Ambassador -- military intelligence background, learns things rapidly, very measured in his speech, worldly, and a polyglot. The Europeans would love him.

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2019 5:02 AM

Pete is badly overexposed and has been pushed too early.

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2019 5:05 AM

Mayor Pete seems nice enough, but I have yet to see any evidence he is running his own little city competently.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2019 6:11 AM

r9 from a political analysis standpoint, I agree. But as a Black man, I must point out that we don't mind throwing money at laid off blue collar workers or giving billions to farmers to prop them up in good and bad times. We gave money to the Japanese, free land to white settlers and reservations to Native Americans. What have A.A. received for their hardships fro Slavery through Jim Crow (which occurred in every region of the US official and unofficial)? Reparations aren't a hill to die on in 2020, but black voters (key demo in the primary) should be given the same level as attention and respect as farmers or other predominately white special interests groups.

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2019 6:18 AM

There's always *some* reason a lot of posters here don't like any given openly gay man.

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2019 6:23 AM

[quote], and who has staked his entire campaign on the idea that people will gravitate to him based on some flattering pressā€”is being proved right.

Is this line from the article grammatically correct? Should it be "is being proven right?'"

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2019 6:28 AM

Jezebel writers tend to write off white male candidates. He's gay? Big deal, that just adds to his privileged status. The only reason Sanders gets any play over there is his socialist leanings. Jezebel is intersectionalist ne plus ultra.

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2019 6:50 AM

R89 Well they must not be white men because they will be the first to tell you to get over it. No other gay man has to like you just because you're gay.

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2019 6:53 AM

[quote]Many ADOS Black voters want reparations in exchange for their votes or at least free college. Either one will guarantee a Trump re-election. In sum the reporter in OP is extremely biased.

1. Let's be clear: when people say, "(fill in the blank) will guarantee Trump a re-election" they're really saying (on any issue), "let's be less Democratic."

[quote]Why not be practical instead and guarantee clean water for 100% of all Americans? Then deal with the extreme violence the poorest Americans face daily in Chicago et al? Much more appealing & practical ideas to Independent voters.

2. Smart people realize that getting the black vote is important and who ever does will win the nomination. There's no way around it. That 30% of the Democratic voter base is important. There are many ways to get that vote as well.

3. Free college is something being touted by many of the candidates for [bold]ALL[/bold] people since it's a serious concern for millennials who faced astronomical prices for college attendance in an environment where many jobs list undergrad and graduate degrees as necessary. So saying, free just for "black people" is yellow journalism.

4. Saying reparations are about money is far from accurate. Many of the people asking for them aren't asking for money. They're asking for an end to institutionalized & structural racism and trying to find ways to accomplish that to level the playing field for the group. It's not about people who were slaves, it's about the echos of slavery that still haunt this country and their ancestors.

5. Stop underestimating the likability of a candidate. In many cases it "trumps" all policy. Many of the people that voted for Trump didn't care what he said. That's been pointed out here ad nauseam. They simply liked the fact that he was someone they wanted to have a beer with. Of course that's not what people should be focusing on but acting like they don't is bs.

6. Her problems with Pete are pretty simple: he's "too conservative" and she doesn't like his policies. (Although I recognize it's hard to get that with the way she writes this article.)

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2019 7:21 AM

There's something that makes it difficult to connect with him, he seems a little to eager.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2019 7:36 AM

He comes across as too perfect.

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2019 9:33 AM

I don't know what article the OP and the rest of you are referencing because the OP is already on ignore for past transgressions of some kind. (I pretty much only block the racists, the anti-trans fanatics and the orange traitor's trolls so...)

As for Mayor Pete, he's an interesting candidate with some amazing political skills. He's not ready for the presidency yet, in my opinion. But that "yet" is a real "yet" because he is the future of the Democratic Party and this is not his last election.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2019 9:46 AM

R95 exactly, it's almost as if he was created in a factory by the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2019 9:53 AM

Heā€™s the straightest, educated, elitist, religious, whitest, Midwestern gay guy many of us know. He and his partner even met on the straightest app out there.

For all you queens salivating to get a gay guy elected, think twice if he really represents you.

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2019 2:27 PM

You're so right, r98. Definitely need some guy who uses Grindr on a regular basis. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2019 2:30 PM

R87, not that you're actually looking to read about his record in South Bend because I'm sure you've decided it's not good. But here's an article about his South Bend record. Not perfect, but better than anyone before him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2019 2:33 PM

Pete Buttigeig is the best Best Little Boy In The World. But he is not liberal enough, not populist enough, and not visionary enough to be a good Presidential candidate. He is, at best, a Hillaryesque technocrat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2019 2:42 PM

R92, Of course not, but they don't have to automatically hate them either, but that's often the case here on DL. Also, I don't know why you brought skin color into this. That didn't have anything to do with my point at all.

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2019 2:43 PM

The whole article is based on guesses and half lies.

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2019 2:46 PM

R101, anyone who wants to scrap the electoral college ans add sears to the Supreme Court is neither a technocrat nor a hillaryesque,

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2019 2:48 PM

Jeez the Buttligieg troll is in full force today. Are you his side?

Newsflash: heā€™s gunning for President. You better believe not everyone is going to like him and heā€™s going to be ripped apart. Not just because heā€™s gay.

ā€œIā€™m gay therefore I and all other gay men must support all other gay men without question.ā€™Ć±

What are you 12?

by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2019 2:53 PM

It sounds exhausting to live for a week in Esther's brain: I liked him, then I didn't like him, Build-a-Bear, Supreme Court, speaking Norwegian badly, they I sorta liked him, then I hated him.

A week long IV of Prozac might be the fix, or a good hard fucking.

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2019 3:33 PM

R105, don't be an intentionally obtuse moron, no one said that.

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2019 4:03 PM

Wang writes about Butt.

by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2019 4:15 PM

Heā€™s smarter than most posters here

by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2019 4:52 PM

Too bad heā€™ll never get the nomination.

All this hoopla just for another reminder to gays that most of the country still doesnā€™t see them as their equals - even their liberal neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2019 5:04 PM

Pete won't get the nomination this time out, it doesn't mean he'll never get it.

He's the future.

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Exactly, I couldnā€™t care less if he doesnā€™t get the nomination, but heā€™s an excellent candidate and doing well

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2019 5:17 PM

I'd vote The Boiled Turnip ticket over Trump, so it's not saying that much, but I'd vote for Pete in the general.

by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2019 5:31 PM

Thinking you always get more than one shot at the presidency is even more naĆÆve than thinking a gay person will never become president. Sometimes you only get one shot.

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2019 5:48 PM

Maybe not in 2019 R114 but we'll get that shot in 3019!

Don't waste your vote on a candidate who will just detract from someone who can actually beat Trump next.

by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote]They're asking for an end to institutionalized & structural racism

People always use these buzzwords but never explain what exactly ā€œinstitutionalized racismā€ is.

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2019 6:29 PM

"Interrogating" makes no sense whatsoever in that headline.

by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2019 7:15 PM

Look it up, R116, obviously your computer isn't broken.

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2019 10:36 PM

I just looked up ā€œsystemic and institutionalized racism.ā€ It seems to mean ā€œthe inability for assholes of color to acquire education and mannersā€ as exemplified by r118.

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2019 10:43 PM

Heā€™s not qualified to be President. And the husband is super annoying.

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2019 10:44 PM

"Good manners are imperialist and colonialist, R119. They also negatively impact communities of color!"

by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote]add sears to the Supreme Court

Will there be white sales in January?

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2019 10:54 PM

R109 School out for summer?

by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2019 11:01 PM

And yet, R118, I am white as the driven snow (if not quite as pure) and my family came to this country on the Mayflower. A restricted cruise line at the time, I do believe.

My education is typical for someone of my background, as are my manners. You deserve the benefit of neither so fuck off and die in the proverbial grease fire you reeking, cankered whore.

by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2019 11:09 PM

Just saw that he cancelled all of his Hollywood fundraisers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 21, 2019 12:35 AM

Delayed, r125.

by Anonymousreply 126June 21, 2019 12:38 AM

I like Pete because he IS a righteous gay man. He is a Christian conundrum.

He only seems perfect because we live in Trumpian times.

His simple decency is a stark contrast to the craven obscenity we come face to face every day with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2019 1:39 AM

Ugh. The humorlessness and bible beater horseshit is a problem.

by Anonymousreply 128June 21, 2019 2:14 AM

I'm basically an atheist, but even I know that there are "good" Xtians and that the form of Christianity practiced by those who are against us, is practiced by people who are only Xtians in name only. The difference between Pete and those others is that Pete is actually the real deal, he wants to help others the way that Jesus wanted to help people (all people).

by Anonymousreply 129June 21, 2019 2:19 AM

As Spring turns into Summer it'll be interesting to witness what Mayor Pete brings to keep us engaged in his candidacy. I'm all I'm for him, and adore him. But what's next? He seems to shut in his gayness in this most important month of our community. He has a campaign to run but he might be thinking too big picture.

by Anonymousreply 130June 21, 2019 3:24 AM

[quote]Don't waste your vote on a candidate who will just detract from someone who can actually beat Trump next.

Iā€™m not wasting any time, heā€™s a great candidate.

by Anonymousreply 131June 21, 2019 1:06 PM

Plus r131, we are in DEBATE season.

We vote in PRIMARIES and Caucuses before the nomination.

We have lots of time to pick a candidate.

by Anonymousreply 132June 21, 2019 4:46 PM

And I agree Pete is a great candidate.

r132

by Anonymousreply 133June 21, 2019 4:47 PM

Pete is a great candidate, Bernie is a great candidate, Lizzy is a great candidate.

June is a great month, July is a great month, August is a great month.

There will still only be one Democratic nominee and one President elected in 2020. Neither are going to be Pete, and I'm accepting that now.

by Anonymousreply 134June 21, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote]Pete is a great candidate, Bernie is a great candidate, Lizzy is a great candidate.

Well, ya got two out of three.

by Anonymousreply 135June 21, 2019 4:58 PM

What are you interrogating these days?

by Anonymousreply 136June 21, 2019 6:04 PM

True, R135. Pete and Liz.

by Anonymousreply 137June 22, 2019 1:36 AM

When OP is done interrogating, will they move on to waterboarding?

by Anonymousreply 138June 22, 2019 4:21 AM

Maybe Sunday

by Anonymousreply 139June 22, 2019 4:39 AM

tl;dr

That is waaaaaaay to long for a personal anecdote.

by Anonymousreply 140June 22, 2019 5:03 AM

R140 = proud gnat

by Anonymousreply 141June 22, 2019 5:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!