Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Scruff Now More Popular Than Grindr?

There seems to be so much more activity on there as of late.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 1:59 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 1:11 AM

I’m always afraid to look at any profiles on Scruff since it tells the person who looked at them. So I can only go by the thumbnails. Seems kinda dumb.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 1:20 AM

Growler and A4A do the same R2. Grindr doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 1:21 AM

Pay for a subscription R2.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 1:24 AM

Have not been on either in a while (relationship) but a few weeks ago a friend was bitching about how Grindr was overrun with transwomen.

Thinking he was likely full of it, I redownloaded the app and... he was not making it up.

"Overrun" is likely pushing it, but a good 10%-15% of the profiles on there were of people who presented as female looking for people who presented as male.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 1:29 AM

In LA, Scruff is full of FTM's claiming to be dom tops. Grindr is full of transwomen looking for cis-men. I give up.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 1:34 AM

There are a lot of trans and trans chasers on Grindr around Sydney but the app is still ruled by mediocre gay men looking for the fittest, the youngest and most beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 1:40 AM

[quote]Growler and A4A do the same [R2]. Grindr doesn't?

I hope not! That would be embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 2:25 AM

There are plenty of CIS women on Scruff as well. Because all you have to do is label something as “for gay men” and the damn women barge in demanding dick.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 3:01 AM

R5: Actual women are on there too, not just transwomen. It's fucking pathetic! I now use Scruff, but there are so many fucking transmen on there, so it's just becoming ridiculous with all the trans infestation.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 3:06 AM

R9: I noticed this also. Gay men really can't have anything for themselves. We've always got to fucking share everything with the above-mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 3:11 AM

You poor powerless victim.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 3:14 AM

R12: Fuck off tranny.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 3:15 AM

[quote]Growler and A4A do the same

You can actually turn off the tracking feature on A4A, even if you're not a paying customer.

I've always found it admirable how the people who run A4A have always given non-paying members full access to the site since day one, never placing any restrictions on any features for those who lurk for free. Manhunt and Gaydar, on the other hand, have always restricted access to their sites for those who don't pay.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 4:12 AM

Have any of you ever used Bro? If so, how is it?

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 4:45 AM

I only use that app that Pete Buttigieg found his husband on, Squirt.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 10:23 AM

Nice try, comrade R16.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 10:27 AM

R14, A4A started as a free site and only later added the premium option. The others you mention had a fee from the beginning

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 10:42 AM

No, Grindr is for good looking types. Scruff is for the losers who can't hook up on Grindr, which explains why there is more activity.

The NBA has less activity than the basketball courts at your local city parks. But the NBA is where you want to be, not at a local park.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 10:44 AM

I don't see whores on Scruff, but Grindr is lousy with them.

GEN or 🌹🌹 🥀🥀

Or druggies... That wanT noThing buT 💎💎💎

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 1:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!