Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG: Which mob boss is shitting his pants right now????

The feds got a billion in product. Someone is out a big chunk of change. Which cartel was so sloppy and careless. Heads will roll. Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 5:24 PM

Mitch McConnell say anything yet?

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 11:38 PM

Soldier of fortune/freedom fighter Madame X was the one who alerted the feds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2019 11:39 PM

Trump will have the sniffles from something else tonight I guess

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2019 11:47 PM

Is the Northeast the coke capital of the world or something??? Jesus Christ Pennsylvania, how much coke can one state consume?????

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2019 11:50 PM

It was probably headed to Washington.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2019 11:58 PM

Kid yourselves. That was a mere fraction of what comes in on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 12:01 AM

Does Mitch McConnell split the haul with Trump?

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 12:11 AM

Build the Wall NOW!

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 12:19 AM

Yeah - that’s a HUGE amount of drugs. Even a major cartel couldn’t afford to lose that much money. Weird that they had all that product on one ship. They must have been pretty confident that they had paid off everybody - corruption must run deep.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 1:58 AM

Damn, I bet some evidence will go missing soon, who’s gonna notice of a few kilos ? Bet all the corrupt cops are rubbing their hands with glee

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 4:18 AM

If there's one thing I've learned from tv shows about drug busts, it's that no drug bust happens without the drug lords' blessing.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 4:22 AM

Trump is having the seizure sent to Mar-a Lago for his personal attention.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 4:26 AM

Ugh, what a waste.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 4:55 AM

It’s “$1 billion”, Feds/cops always exaggerate the value of what they seize and always will. Could easily be off by a factor of 10 in real terms.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 5:29 AM

r14 16.5 tons is a lot of weight; if it's quality, it could well be worth that much.

It's probably the Kingpin's lieutenant who's freaking the fuck out. Although, as someone said, that's a fraction of the total coming in.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 6:30 AM

A cop friend once told me that these news are for PR purposes only. The feds look good for catching the drugs, drug prices go up in the local area, and the confiscated drugs get back to the owner (or the highest bidder) through back channels. The greatest drug dealer isn't some South American drug lord. It's the US which uses it as non-traceable currency paying for weapons and finance Guerrilla warfare all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 6:51 AM

16.5 tons is a lot of weight. That amount of street grade would be worth about $1.5 billion retail, and obviously that goes up the purer this was. If anything, they’re underselling it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 6:52 AM

r16 allegedly, that was only for shipments that were CIA or whatever alphabet agency is running their trade these days. (I suspect, like everything else, it's now a "private contractor".)

That wasn't anywhere near all the weight that would come in on any given day.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 7:28 AM

r16, exactly. The books by Roberto Saviano discuss how this all happens. I highly recommend both Gomorrah and Zero Zero Zero-- as well as the tv series based on Gomorrah. It is infinitely better than Narcos.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 5:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!