Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you still ever use Craigslist?

If so, what for?

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2019 12:19 AM

What do people use in lieu of the Personals? I met and fell in love with a guy in the Platonic section. Had great hookups from the other sections.

I need to find a new platonic personals

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 11:15 PM

From this former whore, no.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2019 11:15 PM

Half the jobs are there are fakes or recruiters culling resumes. I'm not into buying other peoples stuff anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2019 11:16 PM

There are still plenty of personals on Craigslist, they are just more carefully worded.

I put on a listing for a young healthy male to clean my house for $100/hr, along with the picture below. The last line of the ad was "must not mind getting dirty"

I had plenty of responses, and after asking for pictures and making it clear what was going to take place, a young muscle god came over, dusted a bit in his underwear, then we moved to the bedroom so I could do a bit of cleaning of my own, using my tongue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2019 11:21 PM

I still use it to look for apartments and such. Best place to find an affordable room in the NYC metro, bar none

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2019 11:30 PM

It's a good place to find pets if you are not really interested in jumping through the no-kill shelter and rescue orgs list of requirements. Seems like there's always somebody whose dog or cat gave birth and is looking for homes for the offspring, same with people whose lives have changed and are looking to rehome a pet.

I had never gone on Craiglist, ever. One night, in the middle of the night, I woke up, grabbed my tablet, and went to its pets section. I didn't know why, I just felt like I needed to. The very first cat listing hit me like a thunderbolt: that cat was meant for me. Hell, I wasn't even planning on getting another cat after I'd had to have my previous fella put down. But once I saw this cat on Craiglist, well. . . I called my sister, woke her up, read her the listing, and said, "Talk me out of this." She tried to argue me into getting the cat, I argued against it.

But the next morning I contacted the listee, and after a considerable amount of back-and-forth and being left hanging more than once, I showed up at his house with a cage and a cat toy. Introduced myself to him and threw the cat toy to his cat, who fetched it, ran with it across the room, jumped up on the furniture next to me, put his paws around my neck and gave me a kiss.

That was four and a half years ago. Boo and I are besties!

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2019 11:48 PM

R6, awww, that's a nice story.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2019 11:54 PM

R6, that’s a hook up of the most adorable type ❤️

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 5:31 AM

Another for rentals, mostly to get a feel for what the going rate is in areas I might want to locate to.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 5:35 AM

Too many scam artists on CL. Still if you want cash only transactions where you can fund criminal activities, there's not a lot of other places.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 6:13 AM

What R9 said. It's useful to get a feel for how much a place costs in other cities -- just out of curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 7:04 AM

I sold some pots and pans, gave away some dishes.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 8:29 AM

Hump

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2019 11:51 PM

You can sometimes find some nice old pieces for your garden (old planters and benches) which aren't expensive.

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2019 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!