Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Evangelical, the ‘Pool Boy,’ the Comedian and Michael Cohen

NYT piece, obviously inspired by a Datalounge thread.

Haven't had a chance to read it all the way through (it's a magazine piece) but did spy the words "the [Falwell] family’s investment in a gay-friendly youth hostel" and thought of you all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2019 9:54 AM
by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 12:15 AM

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 12:17 AM

These right wing religious nitwits are the source of enormous pain and suffering. Rant: **** at 17 I came out to my parents. My mother’s pastor pushed to have her, the family and neighbors cut off all contact with me. Move to SF and never saw or spoke to them again. At 70, I’ve had a wonderful life despite but will never forgive them for their hatred and religious hypocrisy.

Anti gay speech and actions have consequences. Falwell is right up there with Anita and the rest of these hateful bastards. Rant off****

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 12:27 AM

It's gonna make a helluva movie some day once all the details come out.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 12:53 AM

Is there frontal nudity?

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 12:57 AM

They all but say threesome

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 2:37 AM

The NYT just figured out about Falwell's fucking poolboy? Oh honey, we all knew a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 2:39 AM

The comments are great. I hope the rest of the media start investigating. Everyone at Georgetown knows the boy is a whore now.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 2:44 AM

Playing the "I'm Latino"angle. Ok, Giancarlo.

[quote] Mr. Granda, now working toward a graduate degree in real estate at Georgetown University, referred questions to his lawyer. The lawyer, Aaron Resnick, said his client had never interacted with Mr. Cohen, whom he called “a convicted felon and admitted liar.” He said any suggestion that Mr. Granda was the person referred to on the tape would be false, and he bristled at what he called “tabloid fodder” directed at a first-generation Hispanic-American.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 2:53 AM

I still think it's a cuckolding thing

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 3:07 AM

Sounds sexy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 3:22 AM

R11 damn!

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 3:25 AM

Cuckholding for sure. Thanks Tom

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 11:23 AM

Yeah, it's looking like a cuckold thing. It appears that the pictures were all of his wife naked, and he sent them to the pool boy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 6:04 PM

I wonder if it's a Menage a trois. In that they both share the pool boy and he sends nude pictures of his wife to get him ready. What's that saying? "If you want to fuck my wife you have to fuck me too!"

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 6:47 PM

Media haven't followed the Times and spread this yet at least according to Google News.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 6:48 PM

R16 It has only been reported on in the last hour or so.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 6:51 PM

Not gonna make a difference. They will deny this had anything to do with Trunp endorsement. They will address the sexual “sinning” as all the two-faced fundamentalist leaders do: (1) Junior and the Mrs. acknowledge they gave into temptation. (2) They have repented, prayed on it, and sough the Lord’s forgiveness. (3) Merciful Jesus has forgiven them, yet another sign of the power of redemption and the special times that Mr Trump has helped herald in. (4) Evangelical voters continue to ignore hypocrisy and support any right wing politician. (5) Repeat the above steps with the next Evangelical leader when his hypocrisy is revealed.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 7:03 PM

Much like Aaron Schock this won't matter. But it's delicious to watch

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 7:04 PM

R17, there was a thread here [bold]weeks[/bold] ago. This was reported long ago.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 7:22 PM

R20 Yes. I meant the new report from the newspaper that actually saw the photos and reported that they were of his wife.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 7:24 PM

Got it.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2019 7:25 PM

Miami Herald article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 7:55 PM

Making it to the gay press too (where the comments are funnier)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2019 8:02 PM

That Latin pinga will get ya every time!

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2019 8:44 PM

The NY Times columnist must have been camping on DL all along: the tone, the narrative, the illustration, the plot, etc. So essential DL.....

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2019 9:32 PM

Love love love these articles. Dim smoke signals hiding in every sentence signalling in 50-foot-high letters "HE'S FUCKING THE POOLBOY!"

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2019 12:52 AM

Without the lurid pictures, this story is a convoluted bore.

Religious people are freaks, and these Jesusified multi-millionaires are despicable whores.

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2019 1:21 AM

It's like written by DL itself. Ok guys, which one of you works for the NYT??

by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2019 2:19 AM

I am glad to see that many of you also read this and thought "this is 100% a DL thread come to life as a NYT article"

--OP

by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2019 2:28 AM

Paywall. Post the article, please.

by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2019 4:53 AM

Wonder how these pictures are so different than Melania’s.

Unflattering props?

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2019 9:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!