Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope”

The opening line to this article is amazing: “History will best remember Bernie Sanders for his role in helping elect Donald Trump.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 27, 2019 12:37 AM

Can we stop trashing other candidates besides Plump, please?

It’s getting old.

And even if it’s not a troll, it’s just too damn close to being trollish.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 3:48 PM

Can't wait for Biden and Kamala calling him out on being Putin's puppet!

Payback time Bernie!

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2019 3:56 PM

Elizabeth Warren is a Democrat. Bernie is not. Bernie hasn't got a clue about women's issues. He's voted no on a lot of gun control bills. He is not a Democrat. He shouldn't even be included in these debates.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2019 4:00 PM

Not a troll, in fact I support Warren for 2020. Bernie is a liar and a fraud, if we call Biden on sexual assault we should be able to call him too. r1

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2019 4:26 PM

Sanders isn't a Democrat, even though he caucuses with and sometimes runs as a Democrat.

The people said in 2016 that they liked his policies but didn't like not knowing how he would implement them. Warren is proof of that: people all across the internet and some pundits on cable news are saying how much they appreciate her explaining her policies. That's why she's doing so well.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2019 4:29 PM

You idiots better get ready for four more years of Trump. If the Democrats give the electorate another business as usual politician as the nominee Trump will win easily.

You just don't want to learn the lesson. Trump won because he was not a politician. People don't trust politicians, don't like them. You have to have a nominee who appeals to regular people. Bernie appeals to young people and people who are tired of the corporate supporting policies of most politicians.

You deserve to lose.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2019 4:34 PM

If he didn't get elected last time, why is he putting so much money and time towards it this time? Ain't gonna happen. Maybe he ought to help someone else get there with that money

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2019 4:55 PM

[quote] if we call Biden on sexual assault

When has Biden sexually assaulted someone R4?

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2019 4:57 PM

R6 will vote for Trump if Bernie isn't going to be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2019 4:59 PM

He's too old.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2019 5:02 PM

R8, Grabbing someone’s titties on tv without consent is sexual assault.

Bernie is too good or the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]Grabbing someone’s titties on tv without consent is sexual assault.

When did Biden do that?

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote]You just don't want to learn the lesson.

That's mostly because your "lesson" is bullshit that you cannot support. Just stop with this drivel. It wastes your time and ours and doesn't convince anyone of anything.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2019 5:19 PM

Back on top, the article was crap, with a ridiculously inflammatory clickbait lead. The one thing it got right is that a lot of Democratic voters do not want Sanders. That's been known for some time and is not new. That won't stop those same voters from voting for him if he should win the nomination. We'll vote for whomever wins the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2019 5:20 PM

"top" -> "topic"

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2019 5:21 PM

If young people want Bernie, who has accomplished nothing but alienating his colleagues over the last thirty years or so, then young people are idiots.

Biden spent thirty years or so in Congress, and I think he’s past it and needs to retire. But I’ll vote for him if I have to. Bernie would do so much damage to the party, because we’d be blamed for his non Democratic ideals and failures, that anyone would be better.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2019 5:32 PM

Why hasn't the media written numerous stories about this old coot telling him to "STFU and take up knitting" like they did HRC?

Because not one media outlet has said any such thing. Clinton easily beat that hateful old man. And she beat that traitor yet the media constantly tells her to shut up and go away.

When are they going to tell that spitting fossil Sanders to shut up and go away?

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2019 5:44 PM

Then you will be voting for a corporate Democrat who will do nothing except make billionaires and their corporations happy r16.

r13 the proof is there. People voted for Trump because he is not a politician. Get ready to be happy with another four years of Trump unless the Dems nominate someone who is a vast departure from the corporate Dems, like Biden, Harris and others.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2019 6:00 PM

R18, you have no "proof," as you continue to demonstrate. You're basically making up shit and throwing out random assertions, none of which even pass the giggle test, much less anything we should take seriously.

[quote]Then you will be voting for a corporate Democrat who will do nothing except make billionaires and their corporations happy

Like I said....

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2019 6:16 PM

Bernie Sanders consistently vote AGAINST Russian sanctions!!

I have never heard a journalist ask him why!

WTF!

I really loathe this asshole.

Also, R6 (et al) eats old people’s excrement.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2019 6:17 PM

I'm not seeing this downward spiral.

According to Morning Consult today:

[quote]Biden 38, Sanders 19, Warren 11, Buttigieg 7, Harris 7, O'Rourke 4, Booker 3, Klobuchar 1, Castro 1, Yang 1, Ryan 1, Delaney 1, Bennet 1, Gillibrand 1

And a week ago:

[quote]Biden 37, Sanders 19, Warren 11, Buttigieg 7, Harris 7, O'Rourke 4, Booker 3, Klobuchar 2, Castro 1, Yang 1, Ryan 1, Delaney 1, Bennet 1, Gillibrand 1

But it's nice to see Dumbocrats out themselves this way, refuting their own rhetoric about "unity".

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2019 6:17 PM

Ooh "Dumbocrats" -- what a wit, we've got Dorothy Parker posting from the grave

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2019 6:20 PM

R21, Sanders isn't a Democrat, although he might well be a "Dumbocrat." As for "downward spiral," he peaked at about 24% nationally. He's currently at 15%.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2019 6:23 PM

The other poll that's getting a lot of attention is Sanders and Warren in a virtual dead heat in Iowa, with Sanders at 16%; Warren at 15%. That's a huge change from a few months ago when Sanders was at 25% and Warren was at 9% in that poll.

That poll is something of an outlier but it's also the most recent, so it will be interesting to see if that trend holds.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2019 6:29 PM

r23 He actually has a few more points if you look through all the polls, not just the ones that suit you the most.

As for him not being a Democrat, do yourself a favor and stop repeating that silly talking point. What matters to the average voter is the content of the public figure's policies, not his partisan label. That's what truly has impact on people's lives. The Democratic Party is full of reactionary and conservative people who hate gay people - I bet you know that. You may have heard, for example, of Lipinski and the fact that the party machinery of the Democrats is coming to his rescue to protect him against the progressive challenger.

So there is no honor in being a Democrat just by itself.

And we both know the cryfest that you would have if Bernie followed the mantra of "not the Democrat" and ran as an Independent. So shut your little mouth.😉

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2019 6:32 PM

I don't want to blame him for Trump, but I do want him to go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2019 6:36 PM

R25, I'm not using "just the ones that suit [me] most." I'm using the RealClearPolitics polling aggregate. See for yourself.

As for him being a Democrat, do yourself a favor and stop pretending that doesn't matter. The majority of Democratic voters in 2016 *really* didn't like him. That hasn't changed for 2020.

[quote]The Democratic Party is full of reactionary and conservative people who hate gay people - I bet you know that.

Why would I "know" something that is so clearly false? Seriously, if you're going to make shit up, can't you at least come up with something remotely credible?

[quote]So shut your little mouth.

You first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2019 6:37 PM

You people screaming about him not being a Democrat, do you want him to be a spoiler in the general? No? Then be grateful he's in the primary. Christ, it's like some of you have no clue how plurality single-winner elections work.

Now, everyone shut up and go vote for Warren.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2019 6:42 PM

If Sanders had played his cards right in May and June of 2016, he would have been the front-runner right now. He could have amassed a reservoir of goodwill from Democrats, which would have served him well now.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2019 6:46 PM

Bernie's coasting on past glories, meanwhile Warren is working her butt off, and people have noticed. That's how she broke from the pack.

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2019 6:47 PM

r27

I stand corrected on the polling thing.

But the rest of your post is ill-argued bullshit. Sanders was popular among the Democrats in 2016, including among those who voted for Hillary in the primaries, and he remains popular with Democratic voters today. There is polling demonstrating that among people who voted for Hillary in the general election, Bernie had higher favorability than she did.

Try and pick evidence outside online bubbles such as Datalounge, which do not reflect the real world in its strident tribalism. Since you like polls so much, go take a look at them.

And even if it were true that the Democrats had disliked Bernie (which it is not), there could have been reasons for this apart from the irrelevant fact that he is not officially a Democrat.

[quote]The Democratic Party is full of reactionary and conservative people who hate gay people - I bet you know that.

I just have you an example.

Do you [italic]really[/italic] want to defend Lipinski now?

And I'm going to repeat this: And we both know the cryfest that you would have if Bernie followed the mantra of "not the Democrat" and ran as an Independent. So shut your little mouth.😉

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote]Bernie's coasting on past glories, meanwhile Warren is working her butt off, and people have noticed. That's how she broke from the pack.

Warren is doing nothing. What happened was simply this: from April to this time, the media began to raise her profile in order to hurt Bernie in the polling. And it's sort of working, as your naive little post demonstrates. Voters are cattle. And Warren's overrated, her ideas are meh, her progressive credentials are shabby (eg, she voted for recent GOP bills harming reproductive rights while Bernie hasn't), her planfulness is comically exaggerated in the press and in any case being a wonk-type politician has never sit very well with the American electorate, only with pundit-types who, by the way would hate her if they didn't have to use her against Bernie's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2019 6:53 PM

I hope you do the right thing in 2020, R "So shut your little mouth😉 ", and vote for whoever becomes the Democratic nominee.

It should not be a vote to punish Democrats if Sanders isn't the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2019 6:55 PM

Hmmm.

This thread is fascinating.

I've never seen this type of analysis of the 2016 election before.

Certainly none of these arguments between those who supported Bernie Sanders and those who blame him for Mrs. Clinton's loss.

And certainly never on Datalounge--we've never had these sorts of discussions and back and forths before.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2019 6:57 PM

Bernie's lost supporters from 2016 and he ain't getting them back. Too bad, so sad, for the Bernie obsessives, aka, the most boring people on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2019 7:08 PM

America does not need a Jeremy Corbyn

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2019 7:09 PM

The Berniebros Millennial dudes (mostly Russian hackers) didn't vote. They assumed Hillary would win anyway, so...

She didn't.

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2019 7:15 PM

[quote]But the rest of your post is ill-argued bullshit.

Oh, the irony....

[quote]Sanders was popular among the Democrats in 2016

I said "Democrats," not just those who voted in the primaries. If I recall correctly, Clinton beat him among self-styled Democrats something like 2 to 1.

[quote]and he remains popular with Democratic voters today.

Not really. You could have said that a year ago; you can't say that today.

[quote]I just have [sic] you an example.

A single example does not to support that bullshit statement. You were lying; deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2019 7:17 PM

To be more precise: Clinton won those voters who called themselves members of the Democratic Party 63.7% to 35.5%.

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2019 7:19 PM

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope” And the world rejoices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2019 7:28 PM

NO......history will remember Hillary Clinton and the crooked democratic party power machine as responsible for Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2019 7:36 PM

Uh-huh, like we're going to listen to the comments of a bernie bro who writes:

[quote]picking a democrat to appeal to republican voters is how clinton lost in 2016. She lost because she was a corporate eiltist whore, had no poltiical insticts, ran a lousy campaign, and had no message to the people except incremental change would be her motto. No she didnt lose because she was a woman and no she didnt lose because the russsian bogeyman swung the election. Its a MYTH that there is a vast middle that will vote for either a repubican or a democrat. Registered republicans vote for republicans, period. They dont vote for Joe Biden. Trump has a 42% approval rating, not that bad. The dems need their best A game in a candidate. They HAVE to have the left wing of the party and the under 30 voters out in masses to vote on election day and they dont do that with a republican appealing democrat.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2019 7:43 PM

R18, what has BS accomplished during his long tenure in congress?

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2019 7:57 PM

Tons of Democrats low-key hate poor people and want a return to Obama-style capitulation to corporate interests. They want Biden in office so they can tell themselves, "this is fine," meanwhile the house is burning down. They want to be able to say, "fuck you, I've got mine again" in the oh-so-precious way that only centrists can.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2019 8:16 PM

He is a creepy old misogynist with no respect for women.

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2019 8:27 PM

What do you think Bernie will do for poor people, he's the candidate with very low charitable contributions. He is the ultimate phony grifter.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2019 9:14 PM

I’m an “anyone but Bernie” Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2019 9:18 PM

Fuck you, OP and the article.

Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate and almost everyone else in the world can see the disastrous nature of her Iraq warmongering as bad judgement.

History will see Hillary Clinton as the person most responsible for electing Donald Trump — she could have taken the hint from her 2008 loss, of both herself and McCain, and retired from politics. We would have had all these wonderful, new generation of Democratic candidates to choose from.

But Hillary's ego and selfishness joined the 2016 race and scared away better candidates Like dumb Dubya Bush and Dick Cheney, she defiantly denies any responsibility for her atrocities and bad judgement, so I hope she burns in Hell with them.

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2019 9:23 PM

Hillary was such a terrible candidate that she best the "winner" by over 3+ million more votes!

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2019 9:31 PM

Hillary Clinton was one of the most qualified and best candidates for the Presidency in years. She lost because of the many airheads like r48 who believed the oft-repeated lies of the Republican Ministry of Propaganda (Fox News), Rush Limbaugh, and other right-wing A.M. radio shows. Lies repeated enough over many years will sink in to the weak-minded among us. The U.S. is turning into an Idiocracy—the Trump Presidency is clear evidence of this.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2019 9:36 PM

I agree with 49 & 50.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2019 9:37 PM

I am not a Bernie fan, in fact he sort of annoys the shit out of me, but Bernie isn't responsible for Trump any more than Stein, Johnson, or Hillary are responsible. The voters are responsible for Trump, those who didn't bother to vote and those who thought Trump would be good change and the Bernie supporters who refused to vote for Hillary because their guy didn't win the nomination. For people to claim the reason they didn't vote for Hillary was because she didn't visit their state, or they thought she was aloof just annoys the shit out of me. Conservatives made up thousands of lies about Hillary and Obama and stupid voters fell for those lies. They got what they deserved, unfortunately the people like me who voted for Hillary are along for the ride.

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2019 9:41 PM

Hillary lost because she was a shitty candidate who thought it was her right to win. She's a warmongering corporate hack and goes against everything the Democratic Party should be but is not anymore since they bumped off JFK. And the Russians had nothing to do with it by the way. It wasn't a hack it was a leak by someone who was disgusted by them and killed for his efforts.

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2019 9:50 PM

[quote] Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate

The author of Op's article disagreed. She has been nursing a grudge against Bernie since the election

𝑯𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒏, 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓

By Froma Harrop December 8, 2016

Fiona looks like she would be loads of fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2019 9:51 PM

[quote]Tons of Democrats low-key hate poor people and want a return to Obama-style capitulation to corporate interests.

If you're going to troll here, can't you at least [italic]try[/italic] to do so intelligently?

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2019 11:20 PM

[quote]It wasn't a hack it was a leak by someone who was disgusted by them and killed for his efforts.

It was a hack; deal with it. And try to not be so stupid in your next post.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2019 11:20 PM

r13 r19 if you aren't aware that the Democrats that control the party the DNC are just as aligned with corporate money and corporate interests as the Republicans are then you deserve Trump as president. Are you aware of Bill Clinton's Presidency do you remember the bills he helped usher though Congress? How about Obama? Are you aware that his treasury appointments were many of the same people from Bush II? How about all the drone strikes he approved of and the Monsanto people he put in charge at the FDA? There is a loooooooooong list of things done by Democrats and Democrat congress that favor corporate interests. It's a shame you don't know more about the party you support.

by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2019 11:28 PM

Hey r19 check out r41 and r44. Two sane voices.

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2019 11:31 PM

Glad to see Bernie on a downward slope. If he were to become the nominee we would be guaranteeing a Trump re-election.

Go Elizabeth Warren!

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2019 11:53 PM

So glad Bernie is on a downward slope. His ceiling is 15-20%. He has 100% name recognition. If someone isn't supporting him by now, they won't support him on (primary) election day. Sorry BernieBros.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2019 1:36 AM

R58, whatever R41 and R44 are, "sane" isn't on that list.

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2019 1:37 AM

R57, if are you pretending that the Democrats are "just as aligned with corporate money and corporate interests as the Republicans are," particularly in the light of the events of the past four Presidents, then you're a fucking moron and you deserve Trump as President.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2019 1:39 AM

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

[Bold]Fromage Harrop[/Bold] (born March 18, 1950 in New York City) is an American writer and author. Though generally liberal / left-of-center, she is known for her unconventional approach and libertarian streak. The Heartland Institute, a conservative and libertarian public policy think tank, has called her its "favorite lefty."

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2019 2:33 AM

He needs to run as the Independent Socialist that he is and get a tiny amount of votes and be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2019 2:42 AM

It was a pleasure to block all the crazy BernieBros on this thread!

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2019 2:56 AM

Fuck Bernie and the Putin-horse he rode in on.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2019 3:04 AM

Chief strategist for Bernie Sanders in 2016, Tad Devine was at a meeting with Paul Manafort and with Konstantin Kalimnik in 2006. Do you remember that thread?

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2019 5:07 AM

Hillary wasn't a bad candidate. Robby Mook was a terrible campaign manager.

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2019 5:21 AM

[quote] If he didn't get elected last time, why is he putting so much money and time towards it this time?

There's precedent for this being a winning formula.

Ronald Reagan came in 2nd in the primaries in 1976, and then won the nomination and the presid4ency in 1980.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2019 5:30 AM

Sssh r67 before the Bernie Bros get so angry they’ll go over to the alt right and shoot up a school or something!

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2019 5:46 AM

You can tell Bernie’s campaign is not going well because his supporters are becoming increasingly desperate and deranged. They’re resting all their hopes on the debates turning around his numbers, but they don’t seem to realize he’s a terrible debater and will just be repeating the same old stale lines.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2019 6:03 AM

R55 et al, thanks for confirming my suspicion that all you centrists really care about is yourselves. Obviously the mere notion of redistributed wealth shakes to your selfish core. You'll hopefully be able to survive this shitshow -- some of us won't. So yeah, call me the unintelligent one, meanwhile the only derangement here so far is the circlejerk wherein you all pretend to know who's going to become the nominee when the first primary is eight months away... Turn around his numbers? Jesus Fucking Christ, the Democratic electorate is still undecided. But not for you titans of intellect -- your shallow hearts have predicted the future of how we'll win once again (just like last time)! How terrible of us dumb-dumbs to not fall in line!

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2019 6:18 AM

R48 is another "I told you so" agitator who will sit out another election if he doesn't get his way. Because... who cares about the Supreme Court, right R48?

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2019 7:05 AM

[quote]You'll hopefully be able to survive this shitshow -- some of us won't.

The people who voted for Clinton wanted to avoid the shit-show. We believed Clinton when she said 'I'm the last thing standing between you and the apocalypse'. You should know that.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2019 7:13 AM

[quote]et al, thanks for confirming my suspicion that all you centrists really care about is yourselves. Obviously the mere notion of redistributed wealth shakes to your selfish core.

Thank you for confirming that you're a troll, and a not particularly intelligent or effective one.

Honestly, we do get some of the dumbest ones here on DL. They're not sending their best.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2019 4:58 PM

Only 55.7% of eligible voters participated in the 2016 election, alas here I am trolling on DL trying to convince you genuises that the way to defeat Trump is to give the plebiscite a reason to go to the polls, and that a centrist Democratic candidate will absolutely not inspire increased voter turnout. Keep fucking that chicken, you sagacious & savvy political prognosticators!

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2019 6:55 PM

Cue the Kremlin.

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2019 6:59 PM

R76, you want to inspire me to go to the polls? Then don’t nominate that human shitstain Bernie. We’re living in Trump’s world now because of him.

Bernie is attacking Warren for being a corporatist. Funny how in 2016, he did the same with Hillary, and it’s also funny how he’s not doing it to male candidates. Only women that could beat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2019 8:53 PM

R76, Hillary had the same amount of votes as Obama in 2012.

Your argument makes no sense. But keep fucking that chicken that Hillary is the only one to blame for her loss, giving Trumpets and the retarded Bernie crowds even more ammo in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2019 8:59 PM

Bernie was not given a fair shake by the media or by the dnc. Those superdelegates were bought and paid for and the DNC was caught purposefully hindering Bernie many times. I am not a fan of Clinton as a result and chose not to vote for her. She is an example of the type of Democrat we need to move away from. Biden too.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2019 9:14 PM

Fuck you, implicit Trump voter at R80.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2019 9:23 PM

Every reasonable, experienced and knowledgeable superdelegate voted for Hillary, all ex presidents and their VP voted for her, it's only trash dumpsters like Tulsi Garbage who voted for Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2019 9:25 PM

No, I despise Trump even more than I do Hillary. Just not enough to vote for someone I see as part of the larger problem. R81

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2019 9:25 PM

R82, Every superdelegate who voted for Hillary is a crook and only wanted to keep the 1% happy. Fuck everyone else right, r82?

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote] Those superdelegates were bought and paid for and the DNC was caught purposefully hindering Bernie many times.

I'm sorry, but blatantly lying usually doesn't work well here. There was no such "hindering" nor were any delegates "bought and paid for."

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2019 9:37 PM

[quote]alas here I am trolling on DL

Yes, you are. Stupidly, obviously, and pathetically, without one word of your laughable rants backed up by logic, reason or data and much of it blatantly and obviously false. Presented without comment:

[quote]Tons of Democrats low-key hate poor people and want a return to Obama-style capitulation to corporate interests. They want Biden in office so they can tell themselves, "this is fine," meanwhile the house is burning down. They want to be able to say, "fuck you, I've got mine again" in the oh-so-precious way that only centrists can. Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope”

[quote]R55 et al, thanks for confirming my suspicion that all you centrists really care about is yourselves. Obviously the mere notion of redistributed wealth shakes to your selfish core. You'll hopefully be able to survive this shitshow -- some of us won't. So yeah, call me the unintelligent one, meanwhile the only derangement here so far is the circlejerk wherein you all pretend to know who's going to become the nominee when the first primary is eight months away... Turn around his numbers? Jesus Fucking Christ, the Democratic electorate is still undecided. But not for you titans of intellect -- your shallow hearts have predicted the future of how we'll win once again (just like last time)! How terrible of us dumb-dumbs to not fall in line!

[quote]Only 55.7% of eligible voters participated in the 2016 election, alas here I am trolling on DL trying to convince you genuises that the way to defeat Trump is to give the plebiscite a reason to go to the polls, and that a centrist Democratic candidate will absolutely not inspire increased voter turnout. Keep fucking that chicken, you sagacious & savvy political prognosticators!

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2019 9:40 PM

R85, Dude, googling “DNC hindering Bernie” turns up thousands of results. Just because Rachel maddow or whatever biased MSM show you watch didn’t tell you doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2019 9:43 PM

Dude, I've looked at those "thousands of results." None of them are backed up by anything other than the usual, "Whaaa! They didn't like Bernie and they said so in emails to each other!"

So no, it didn't happen, not unless you actually have one real, concrete action that the DNC took that "hindered" Bernie.

You don't, of course, so you'll keep playing silly games.

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2019 9:44 PM

R88=triggered Hillarybot. Time to wrap it up, Gramps. Your kind is dying out.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2019 9:46 PM

Like I said....

Noticeably absent from your response is any actual data. Thank you for confirming you have none.

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2019 9:48 PM

R90, The actual data is that your girl Hillary lost and rightfully so. Hillary will be remembered as the old crooked woman who was so unlovable that she lost to Donald Fucking Trump.

by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2019 9:51 PM

R91, the actual data is that your boy Bernie lost and rightfully so. Bernie will be remembered as the old crooked man who was so unlovable that he lost to Hillary Fucking Clinton.

Noticeably absent from your response is any actual data. Thank you for confirming you have none.

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2019 9:52 PM

[quote]Time to wrap it up, Gramps.

Bernie is 6 years older than Hillary. But we already know that BernieBros are misogynist pigs.

He never should have been allowed to run in 2016 alone on the fact that he didn't want to release his tax returns and that he numerous times voted pro NRA. Not to mention his Russian puppet maker and campaign manager Tad Device.

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2019 9:55 PM

R92, He lost to hillary because DNC stole the primary for her. How many leaders did the DNC got through during the election because their tricks were found out? LmaoThat is how history will remember it because that is how the young see it. Sorry dude. Hillary is the past and Bernie is the future.

by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2019 9:55 PM

Devine

by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2019 9:56 PM

R93, Bernie’s ideas reasonate with young people. His supporters skewed younger while Hillary’s were older.

by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2019 9:58 PM

The DNC didn't rig the primaries. Bernie lost fair and square. He only got a boost because dirty Russian oligarch money was heavily sponsoring his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote]He lost to hillary because DNC stole the primary for her.

Except that, so far, you haven't been able to come up with a single thing that they did to "steal" the primary. Funny how that works.

Face it, your boy was incompetent, losing by millions of votes, and she didn't even have to pull out the big guns and go after him for his ridiculous comments, publications, and total lack of accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2019 10:00 PM

And the fact that he hasn't been able to get any traction in 2019, despite massive name recognition and fundraising, just makes the point that he isn't the one that people want.

by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2019 10:00 PM

R94 Ridiculous! She won more votes and more states than Bernie. How on Earth does that add up to "the DNC stealing the primary for her"?

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote]Bernie’s ideas reasonate with young people.

He never had any ideas, just stupid slogans and catchy one liners. And he certainly never has any reasonable or practical plans, as his NYDN interview clearly showed.

by Anonymousreply 101June 19, 2019 10:02 PM

I don't like that article because it implies that the progressive wing has chosen Warren over Sanders. Meaning, they're just pushing for a Biden/Warren ticket. I don't want a progressive of any kind on the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2019 10:02 PM

You guys watch too much MSM. Stop falling into the hands of the 1%

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2019 10:02 PM

R100, don't bother. He can't answer that question and he's just here to generate outraged responses. Classic troll. Laugh at him or ignore him but don't make the mistake of trying to engage with him

Oh, and r103, get used to "bust." Bernie ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 104June 19, 2019 10:04 PM

Please die soon Bernie. Thank You!

by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2019 10:04 PM

Bernie's in trouble and lashing out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2019 10:08 PM

Bernie should wise up and realize that the corporate wing of the Democratic Party is not going to let go of control. The billionaire class he derides is who bankrolls the party and all the support groups. Being anti-corporate guarantees that he will lose the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2019 10:22 PM

You could have stopped with "Bernie should wise up," r107, as that was the only part of your comment that was correct.

by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2019 10:24 PM

R106 Do any of you here have a Twitter account? You should leave a comment on there saying that Bernie is not even a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2019 10:34 PM

Please, R107, he's a millionaire and an asshole. He was an independent who switched the Democrats only to get the nomination and switched right back after the election. He's STILL an independent. All of his whiny Berniebros couldn't grasp that they couldn't vote in the primaries not to punish Bernie, but to keep non-Democrats from hijacking the ticket. He's also a liar about what he's promising (especially regarding health care) and has no clue what he's talking about.

I am uncomfortable with centrist Democrats personally but I at least can grasp that alternative – that if the Democrats go too far to the left they risk losing key electoral college states. It sucks but it's true.

Good riddance. There are better candidates that can take the party to the left without sounding like a loon.

by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2019 10:37 PM

I'm okay with going left, R110, so long as they have a cogent plan and can explain it simply and clearly, in the sound bites that the national media adore. What I'm not a fan of is an old purity troll, scolding anyone who dares to disagree with him and picking up his marbles and going home when he's rejected rather than staying and fighting.

And if that old scold simply doesn't know what he's talking about, as Sanders demonstrated very clearly in 2016, that's even worse.

I'll vote for Sanders in the general election, should he win the primary; I won't vote for him in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2019 10:43 PM

Has the old coot released his tax returns yet? How is he going to handle not being on the ballots in NY and Washington and the other states that gave passed the "no tax returns, no ballot" laws? He gonna scream and cry about the DNC then, too?

by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2019 10:43 PM

R112, he released them in April.

by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2019 10:44 PM

yep, R35, and many of them in his home state. He really needs to sit the hell down.

by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2019 10:53 PM

I don't like Bernie but maybe if the Democratic party actually acted like it cared about the middle class he would stop running for president.

by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2019 10:56 PM

They do and it hasn't. And won't. He's in it for his ego as much as for anything else.

by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2019 11:06 PM

I would never vote for Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2019 11:31 PM

What if hell freezes over and he ends up being the nominee, R117?

by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2019 11:41 PM

[quote]What if hell freezes over and he ends up being the nominee, [R117]?

I’ll stay home and eat Cool Ranch Doritos while watching MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2019 11:43 PM

Russia must be still trolling for Bernie everywhere on social media. I have a hard time believing this phony old grumpy grifter has any fans on DL.

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2019 12:02 AM

Bernie Sanders any time a woman runs for President ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2019 12:13 AM

Wow, R121, I couldn't stop watching that. Looks like the typical Vermont asswipe, actually. He learned a lot up here. We can't claim him as a native, thankfully, but I do wish he'd die already.

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2019 12:18 AM

Please die soon Bernie!!!

by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2019 12:20 AM

Sexism Claims From Bernie Sanders’s 2016 Run: Paid Less, Treated Worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2019 12:24 AM

DL isn't any smarter than any other forum, R120. Of course he has fans here, mostly not particularly bright ones. Their attacks on Warren have been entertaining in their utter cluelessness.

by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2019 12:56 AM

It's not like they didn't do it before R125

Indictment: Russians also tried to help Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein presidential campaigns

A 37-page indictment resulting from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation shows that Russian nationals and businesses also worked to boost the campaigns of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Green party nominee Jill Stein in an effort to damage Democrat Hillary Clinton.

The Russians “engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump,” according to the indictment, which was issued Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2019 1:22 AM

This thread reeks of vodka and urine. Just keep taking the bait, tools!

by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2019 1:38 AM

Warren is no progressive. It’s very telling that all the corporate DNC donors are saying they’ll fundraise for her if it means taking Bernie down. Bernie has the 1% scared shitless! If she takes a dime of their money then there goes the progressive vote where she’s concerned.

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2019 1:44 AM

Oh just stop Bernie doesn't have a Monopoly on progressiveness.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2019 1:59 AM

R129, Apparently he does. The billionaire donors are totally fine with Warren. They know she’s not telling the whole truth when she talks about progressive values.

by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2019 2:06 AM

Bernie is not a progressive, he is a millionaire who votes pro NRA and pro Russia; he just pretends to be a progressive.

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2019 2:11 AM

Warren was a neocon into she was 50.

by Anonymousreply 132June 20, 2019 2:15 AM

Presented without comment:

[quote]R8, Grabbing someone’s titties on tv without consent is sexual assault.

[quote]Bernie was not given a fair shake by the media or by the dnc. Those superdelegates were bought and paid for and the DNC was caught purposefully hindering Bernie many times. I am not a fan of Clinton as a result and chose not to vote for her. She is an example of the type of Democrat we need to move away from. Biden too.

[quote]No, I despise Trump even more than I do Hillary. Just not enough to vote for someone I see as part of the larger problem. R81

[quote]R82, Every superdelegate who voted for Hillary is a crook and only wanted to keep the 1% happy. Fuck everyone else right, r82?

[quote]R85, Dude, googling “DNC hindering Bernie” turns up thousands of results. Just because Rachel maddow or whatever biased MSM show you watch didn’t tell you doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

[quote]R88=triggered Hillarybot. Time to wrap it up, Gramps. Your kind is dying out.

[quote]R90, The actual data is that your girl Hillary lost and rightfully so. Hillary will be remembered as the old crooked woman who was so unlovable that she lost to Donald Fucking Trump.

[quote]R92, He lost to hillary because DNC stole the primary for her. How many leaders did the DNC got through during the election because their tricks were found out? LmaoThat is how history will remember it because that is how the young see it. Sorry dude. Hillary is the past and Bernie is the future.

[quote]R93, Bernie’s ideas reasonate with young people. His supporters skewed younger while Hillary’s were older.

[quote]You guys watch too much MSM. Stop falling into the hands of the 1%

[quote]Warren is no progressive. It’s very telling that all the corporate DNC donors are saying they’ll fundraise for her if it means taking Bernie down. Bernie has the 1% scared shitless! If she takes a dime of their money then there goes the progressive vote where she’s concerned.

[quote]R129, Apparently he does. The billionaire donors are totally fine with Warren. They know she’s not telling the whole truth when she talks about progressive values.

[quote]Warren was a neocon into she was 50.

[quote]If anyone is entitled it’s that cunt Hillary Clinton. She should have sat her tired old ass down in 2016 and we wouldn’t have Trump in the White House.

[quote]At least he’s better than draft dodging Biden.

[quote],r64, They didn’t use some phoney diagnosis like biden and Trump did to send poor people in their place

[quote]Never will we go back to corporate democrats. This is the progressive party and we will reject Obama and Clinton type candidates. That means Joe and Harris are out.

by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2019 2:19 AM

Bernie has name recognition because he ran in 2016. Everybody has heard of him and has at least some familiarity with his platform. His poll numbers have been dropping for months as other candidates become better known.

Buttigieg’s numbers are slowly going up. A lot of people don’t really know anything about him. He has room to grow. Also true of several other candidates.

After the first debate, people who haven’t been paying any attention will at least get some exposure to candidates they don’t know. Watch Bernie go down even more.

by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2019 4:14 AM

Thank you R133.

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2019 4:38 AM

Thanks, r133. Now I know which Berniebot to block.

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2019 5:27 AM

You needed a troll to cut & paste everything another troll has said to know who to block, R136?

by Anonymousreply 137June 20, 2019 5:30 AM

R86 et al: you must surely be a slighted group of former superdelegates doing some commiserating on DL or something. So sorry that 2016 took away all of your power to hand-select the candidate instead of us regular folks, like myself, duly elected to their state convention (and yes, I was a delegate for Bernie). You're welcome to ask me who I voted for: I still made my mark for Clinton in the general. I've also led voter registration drives in my congressional district, which informs my opinion on why you centrists operate the way you do. Do you ever even try to talk to potential voters that feel shut out from the process? Or are you too busy calling them dumb? It's no wonder that the very fact that barely half of our country even bother to vote doesn't register for you. You're fine no matter what. I'm not -- like many normal people in this country I'm underemployed & underinsured with a major medical condition. This state of being exists for so many of us regardless of party. Our house is burning, and it requires radical action. We've had almost four years of Trump swinging us so far right; the pendulum almost requires someone like Bernie at this point. If that person is Warren, so be it, I'll be happy. Alas, I'm trolling. LMAO

by Anonymousreply 138June 20, 2019 6:01 AM

And for you folks that like hard numbers, there's two I find particularly illuminating:

1. As of the most recent campaign finance filing, Sanders has raised the most money among Democrats (roughly 80 percent from small donors). It's still chump change comapred to Trump, which is worrying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2019 6:47 AM

2. Most opposition to a Sanders candidacy stems from white, centrist Democrats. You folks aren't afraid of Trump winning again nearly as much you are with the thought of Bernie winning in the first place...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2019 6:49 AM

[quote]You folks aren't afraid of Trump winning again nearly as much you are with the thought of Bernie winning in the first place...

That is simply not true. Most Democrats will support Sanders should he become the Democratic nominee. No Democrat wants another four years of tRump. It's unfair of you to say that and you know it.

You also know that any candidate on the Democratic side will benefit from the threat that is a second term for tRump.

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2019 7:07 AM

Are you sure R141? Have you been here in this thread and many others on DL? According to DL I'm a dummy, or at best a Kremlin agent, and Bernie is the Devil incarnate. Voters in our country elected Trump, for the worse. Regardless of interference he won the electorate and he won the Presidency on a wave of folks fed up with things not operating as normal. We are in a period of crisis: some of you are catatonic; meanwhile the rest of us are trying to accomplish something other than holding our nose in the election booth.

by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2019 7:19 AM

This is fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2019 7:56 AM

[quote]According to DL I'm a dummy, or at best a Kremlin agent, and Bernie is the Devil incarnate.

That's because you keep telling posters that Sanders is the only option in 2020, which is not true. Sanders will become the only option if he becomes the Democratic nominee. Most people are aware of that. But right now, there are other candidates to be excited about.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2019 8:07 AM

You're somewhat right, and its a welcome change from 2016 when everything was all but set in stone for HRC to be our candidate. Sanders isn't the only option in 2020. Fuck my life, we have twenty candidates to choose from, and if anything, John Hikenlooper is the real Satan to pick from them all. To be honest I don't expect Sanders to secure the nomination, even if it'd help us win. Democrats are pros at self-sabotage.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2019 8:21 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2019 8:44 AM

I am do tired of BernorBusters saying Trump won because he was a change candidate and people were tired of the status quo.

He won because the GOP cheated and Bernie helped it along.

by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2019 8:49 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2019 8:49 AM

R147, you're absolutely right about that.

So that was then and this is now, if by some unfortunate circumstance Sanders wins the nomination then I'll be happy to vote for him.

I dislike him but I will shut my fucking mouth and smile and vote for him. (That's what the rethuglicans who hated trump did and along with Putin it got him the EC, if not the actual election.)

This "trying for something better" isn't better if you run down other candidates with attacks and weaken them for the general. Stop making negative arguments. If you don't have a positive statement or policy position to put forward from the candidate you like, attacking ones you don't like is not an acceptable substitute. Candidates and their supporters who attack other candidates within the party will not be rewarded in this election cycle. Play it clean, support your candidate in the primary, get behind the nominee in the general and you won't have any problem.

by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2019 8:57 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2019 9:04 AM

I am happy to attack Bernie 24/7 because that's what he did with Hillary. He's a grifter and a phony and there is very little chance he wins the nomination.

I am happy with Harris, Warren, Klobuchar and if Joe Biden gets the nomination I will do my best to support him. No Bernie, no Tulsi Garbage, no Beto.

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2019 9:04 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2019 9:06 AM

You're so right R149, but according to these geniuses at DL anyone who supports Sanders is a dumb-ass, or at worse a foreign agent. Good luck convincing non-voters with that rhetoric....

by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2019 9:10 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 20, 2019 9:10 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 20, 2019 9:12 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2019 9:13 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 20, 2019 9:13 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 20, 2019 9:14 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 20, 2019 9:15 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 20, 2019 9:16 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 20, 2019 9:19 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 20, 2019 9:21 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 20, 2019 9:23 AM

Memo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 20, 2019 9:24 AM

Convincing non-voters? Um... yeah, R153, I'm not worried about people who don't vote. I'm worried about people who DO vote.

Sanders supporters gave themselves a bad name because of their behavior in the last election. If they wish to change that perception, they will have to change their behavior. Constantly attacking other candidates is unacceptable. I am aware that Bernie is not a Democrat and has no loyalty to the party he uses to run for president but it's not a great way to get real Democratic voters to support him.

And, of course, the Russian and Republicunt trolls are pretending to be Bernie supporters. Some even pretend to be Hillary supporters. They are still trying to push that old divide and hope it works again. It is a mistake to help them.

by Anonymousreply 165June 20, 2019 9:30 AM

R165 Your last paragraph is so prescient; I am under under no pretense that hostile foreign interference isn't at play; there is propaganda on all sides, but again I'd like to turn your attention as to why non-voters don't vote. Why?! We have a whole swathe of people out there who need a message to respond to. These are people who are suffering coupled against a lack of action, meanwhile our politics are so stagnant they'll vote for whomever, or more likely not at all. Anyone that could make things different compared to businesses as usual is welcome. As altruistic as I am, politics is about winning, and as of yet Democrats suck at doing so. I don't think many Democrats realize how dire the situation actually is, which says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 166June 20, 2019 9:52 AM

I think that Democratic voters do understand how dire the situation is and will surely vote again in this election.

As for why people don't vote, well that's the age old question. As far as I can tell it's because they don't believe that voting accomplishes anything. They don't believe in politics or politicians. A better message or a better messenger are meaningless to them. If getting rid of an openly fascist, constantly lying, racist retarded malignant narcissist is not enough to make them vote him out, there is no hope.

by Anonymousreply 167June 20, 2019 10:15 AM

I want to read his dirty books from the 60’s & 70’s!

by Anonymousreply 168June 20, 2019 12:00 PM

[quote]Alas, I'm trolling.

Pretty much the only accurate words you've spoken on DL.

by Anonymousreply 169June 20, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote]According to DL I'm a dummy

It's not us; it's you.

by Anonymousreply 170June 20, 2019 2:35 PM

Another good block. The asswipe who's posting videos from 2016 to, in his own mind, "prove" that we need Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2019 2:39 PM

Putin candidates:. Trump, Sanders, Stein.

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 172June 20, 2019 2:47 PM

Yeah, he's an idiot, R171. He was over on the "FOX News poll: Trump trailing 5 Democrats" thread insisting that because Democrats aren't actively hating on George W. Bush, that proves something, although he never was able to figure out exactly what that proved.

[quote]Joe Biden will not president of the United States.

[quote]A good 15 to 16 years ago, much of this was also said of the [prior] Republican U.S. president?

[quote]Now look at how “Democrats“ feel!

[quote]High standards, R48.

[quote]The following may be what one can expect of the “Democrats,” and Donald Trump, in the future.

[quote]I am not here for you.

[quote]Respond appropriately—or fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 173June 20, 2019 2:49 PM

Sanders is definitely not where he wanted to be. He underestimated the support that Biden would have when he entered the race, an entry that immediately shoved Sanders into second-tier status. And he underestimated the other second-tier candidates, some of whom are further eroding his support. Warren is his biggest threat, which is why we're seeing increasingly shrill attacks on Warren by the Sanders supporters.

For all that name recognition and all that money, he's not doing very well. Honestly, I didn't think he would. I could very well be wrong and eating my words in a few short months but my suspicion has always been that Sanders has a pretty firm ceiling in the primary polling. A lot of Democratic voters simply don't like him because he's perceived as a purity troll, a cantankerous old scold, and an ignorant hand-waving old coot whose numbers never added up and who didn't have a firm grasp on his own policies, much less how to implement them.

I think we'll see him and his followers getting increasingly shrill and vituperative and increasingly irrelevant as the primary season goes on, although I don't expect him to exit until well into 2020.

For the record, should I be as wrong as I'm sure his supporters will tell me I am, I will cheerfully eat my words and I will hold my nose and vote for him in the 2020 election, since the worst Democratic candidate is still far better than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 174June 20, 2019 3:07 PM

I'm in the never Bernie and never Beto camp, so I'm very happy to see either one of those two fall out of favor. I cancelled Beto when he foolishly gave up a chance to turn the tide in TX as a Senator or Gubernatorial. He's selfish and delusional. Bernie has no implementation roadmap for his plans. He calls for a Revolution in a country that hasn't had powerful grassroots movement since Civil Rights. Revolutions are not a part of American society because as a melting pot country we have divergent interests that make it impossible to work together as one unit to upend the government. So if Bernie somehow won, he would be even more of a do-nothing President than Trump. I also don't see Bernie negotiating with world leaders. This man is not an executive, I don't want him in the WH.

I will also vote for the Dem nominee.

by Anonymousreply 175June 20, 2019 5:08 PM

None of us like him and we will ALL vote for him and donate to his campaign and volunteer and all the other shit we always do for the nominee, if Sanders gets the nomination. I don't think he will but he might and if he does, he's my guy. I don't care if I don't like him. The democratic nominee is my guy, if it's a woman she is my guy.

by Anonymousreply 176June 20, 2019 5:13 PM

Bernie won’t be the Democratic nominee. There are too many Dems that find him unacceptable and feel firmly about that. He has a significant chunk of support, but it has a ceiling that he cannot overcome. His support will not grow much more than it is now. He and Biden started ahead, but they’re both too old and boring for anyone to get excited about. The Democratic Party has better choices this year. Another, stronger candidate will emerge from the crowd. It’s still early in the game. Let the primary season evolve naturally. I’m not too worried about having a strong candidate to run against Trump, regardless of his name-calling.

by Anonymousreply 177June 20, 2019 6:40 PM

Bernie Sanders was against busing, because it "stirred up racial tensions."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 20, 2019 7:05 PM

Bernie made me laugh on TV today. Stephanie Ruhle asked his opinion about something ( I can't recall what) and he gave it. Then she wanted to debate him on it and he said, Ma'am, I gave you my opinion and that's it. I liked the shut down. I think it was effective.

by Anonymousreply 179June 20, 2019 7:14 PM

Let's see someone do the same to him, R179.

by Anonymousreply 180June 20, 2019 7:19 PM

The problem with busing (for non-racists) was that it took kids out of their own neighborhoods. That's what started the trouble, not counting the racists. American parents didn't want their kids bused out of their neighborhoods. When I was young from Kindergarten to eighth grade I walked or rode my bike to school in my neighborhood. Parents did not drive their kids to school back then, at least not in small New England towns.

When busing started in the city, in Boston, nobody liked it but it was implemented and... Surprise! It was only the white people who were out in the streets, screaming, rioting, carrying on, throwing shit at buses full of little black kids going to school. It was one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. For that alone I wanted MORE busing just to kick those fuckers in the cunt. None of the black parents behaved so appallingly, just the white ones, the bastards.

It was in the papers every day and on the news every night. Men, women, old, young, it crossed all lines that weren't racial. Hideous. Ray Flynn (some of you may remember him) went on to be Mayor of Boston and then Ambassador to the Vatican, yes - the VATICAN, the racist prick. Betcha Francis wouldn't have him there today. He's on tape in the streets and in local racist meetings in South Boston in that fantastic series "Eyes on the Prize" big as life.

For ninth through twelfth I went to boarding school which was much more mixed racially than the town I came from, so much for elitist whiteness at prep schools. Still majority white students and teachers, it was the 70's, but not nearly as lily white as my little town.

Anyway, busing sucks but racists are the scum of the earth and should be cunt-punted as often as possible, so there ya go..

by Anonymousreply 181June 20, 2019 7:38 PM

Bernie and Warren are just plain nuts. They're both a heartbeat away from the Memory Care unit at ShadyPinesSeniorLivingVillage.com.

by Anonymousreply 182June 20, 2019 7:38 PM

R182 is just pain nuts. She's a heartbeat away from the Memory Care unit at ShadyPinesSeniorLivingVillage. - com.

by Anonymousreply 183June 20, 2019 7:41 PM

[quote] Most opposition to a Sanders candidacy stems from white, centrist Democrats. You folks aren't afraid of Trump winning again nearly as much you are with the thought of Bernie winning in the first place...

Centrist Democrats are just that: Democrats, which Sanders is NOT. He never has been a Democrat. He is a Socialist.

by Anonymousreply 184June 20, 2019 8:06 PM

Youhoo! Centrist Democratic voter here! <-----

I'd eat a bowl of rocks while crawling through broken glass for the chance to vote for Bernie Sanders over that criminal fucking scumbag currently occupying the Oval Office.

Get him the nomination and watch me. It will be ugly but seriously, nominate the algae in your home aquarium and I will vote for that shit over the orange traitor. Anyone, anything, any-whatever - give it to me and I'll take it before I'll ever back that walking pustule pretending to be POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 185June 20, 2019 9:37 PM

Sanders is the Harold Stassen of the Democratic Party. A perennial also-ran.

by Anonymousreply 186June 20, 2019 9:38 PM

Pat Paulson was a perennial also-ran and I adored him. He did it better.

by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2019 9:51 PM

R185 writes,

[quote]Youhoo! Centrist Democratic voter here! <----- | I'd eat a bowl of rocks while crawling through broken glass for the chance to vote for Bernie Sanders over that criminal fucking scumbag currently occupying the Oval Office. | Get him the nomination and watch me. It will be ugly but seriously, nominate the algae in your home aquarium and I will vote for that shit over the orange traitor. Anyone, anything, any-whatever - give it to me and I'll take it before I'll ever back that walking pustule pretending to be POTUS.

How sweet!

The #NeverBernie people here, really a bunch of no-nothing assholes who insisted Hillary Clinton could not possibly lose the 2016 United States presidential election to Donald Trump, want re-election for the current U.S. president.

by Anonymousreply 188June 21, 2019 12:39 AM

Lefty Bernie could not win the bluest states in the union, California and New York. He does not have the executive or persuasive skills to administer the massive changes to American society he wants. And he has a disagreeable spoilsport personality. I did not used to care about that but after years of Trump I'm over being yelled at.

by Anonymousreply 189June 21, 2019 12:54 AM

We have a troll @ R173!

R13, R14, R15, R19, R23, R24, R27, R29, R33, R38, R39, R42, R55, R56, R73, R74, R85, R86, R88, R90, R92, R98, R99, R104, R106, R108, R111, R113, R116, R173, R174 (so far).

by Anonymousreply 190June 21, 2019 3:29 AM

R48 writes,

[quote]Fuck you, OP and the article. | Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate and almost everyone else in the world can see the disastrous nature of her Iraq warmongering as bad judgement. | History will see Hillary Clinton as the person most responsible for electing Donald Trump — she could have taken the hint from her 2008 loss, of both herself and McCain, and retired from politics. We would have had all these wonderful, new generation of Democratic candidates to choose from. | But Hillary's ego and selfishness joined the 2016 race and scared away better candidates Like dumb Dubya Bush and Dick Cheney, she defiantly denies any responsibility for her atrocities and bad judgement, so I hope she burns in Hell with them.

This is accurate.

The Hill-bots, including the one cited at R13, delivered the presidency of Trump and are determined to get him re-elected.

Fromage Harrop—the corporate-owned “opinion” writer—also wants re-election for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 191June 21, 2019 3:44 AM

It was a pleasure to block R191!

by Anonymousreply 192June 21, 2019 9:58 AM

BOOT EDGE EDGE as the rightful king!!

by Anonymousreply 193June 21, 2019 10:37 AM

Indeed r192

by Anonymousreply 194June 21, 2019 12:22 PM

We have a pathological liar @ R120, R121, R124, R126, R129, R131, and R192.

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope” Russia must be still trolling for Bernie everywhere on social media. I have a hard time believing this phony old grumpy grifter has any fans on DL.

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope” Bernie Sanders any time a woman runs for President ...

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope” Sexism Claims From Bernie Sanders’s 2016 Run: Paid Less, Treated Worse

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope” It's not like they didn't do it before R125

Indictment: Russians also tried to help Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein presidential campaigns

A 37-page indictment resulting from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation shows that Russian nationals and businesses also worked to boost the campaigns of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Green party nominee Jill Stein in an effort to damage Democrat Hillary Clinton.

The Russians “engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump,” according to the indictment, which was issued Friday.

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope” Oh just stop Bernie doesn't have a Monopoly on progressiveness.

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope” Bernie is not a progressive, he is a millionaire who votes pro NRA and pro Russia; he just pretends to be a progressive.

Democrats happy to see Sanders on the “downward slope” It was a pleasure to block R191!

by Anonymousreply 195June 21, 2019 8:16 PM

Well that was a slog to get through, r195.

by Anonymousreply 196June 21, 2019 8:39 PM

R195 is a Bernie Bro who talks about Hillbots, R196. Not worth the time.

by Anonymousreply 197June 21, 2019 9:13 PM

Bernie Bros are just as toxic as MAGAts, both disgusting people. The fact they’ve both been relentless against Warren who, in my opinion, should get the nomination and win is telling.

by Anonymousreply 198June 22, 2019 4:37 PM

Bernie bros should be given a break. How would you Biden fans feel if this article came out quoting billionaires saying they will put all their money into electing anyone not named Joe Biden?

This is what Bernie fights against. He wants big money OUT of politics.

by Anonymousreply 199June 22, 2019 8:46 PM

Bernie took money and help from the NRA. Bernie is antiwar but voted several times to continue to fund it. Bernie bitches about the military budget yet fights to keep the F35 program because it's in Vermont. Bernie is a walking contradiction.

by Anonymousreply 200June 22, 2019 8:53 PM

Russian Trolls really do not like Bernie Sanders. I am an American, and I love Bernie Sander. Fuck Off!

by Anonymousreply 201June 22, 2019 9:29 PM

And Bernie too money from Russian Oligarchs, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 202June 22, 2019 9:29 PM

Bernie and Jill Stein directly benefited from Russian trolls in 2016... but Hilary is the corrupt one.

by Anonymousreply 203June 23, 2019 7:36 AM

What I find interesting is the difference between who Democrats say they are likely to vote for vs. who Democrats say they really want. For example, a pollster first asked voters the normal, "Who are you likely to vote for" horse race question but then also asked voters who they would pick if they could "have a magic wand and can make any of the candidates president."

Horse race: Biden at 29?%, Sanders at 17%, Warren at 16%, Buttigieg at 13%, Harris at 12%.

Magic wand: Warren at 21%, Biden and Sanders tied at 19%, Buttigieg at 16% and Harris at 12%.

by Anonymousreply 204June 23, 2019 4:55 PM

Link to the above poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 23, 2019 5:04 PM

Why are the Democrats allowing this interloper to run on their ticket again? Talk about not learning from past mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 206June 23, 2019 5:19 PM

R206, they can't stop him, nor do I think they should. But, so far, Sanders isn't really getting the traction that he thought he would and his chances of taking the nomination aren't that good.

It goes without saying that he'd still be better than Trump and I would vote for him in the general election even if I won't vote for him in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 207June 23, 2019 5:24 PM

Does Jane want a fifth lake house, more trips to Italy and Moscow, etc.? Keep sending in $27 weekly, Bern Bros. Her relatives will appreciate it too.

by Anonymousreply 208June 23, 2019 5:44 PM

He deserves to die in a grease fire when he loses the nomination AGAIN and won’t get behind the front runner.

by Anonymousreply 209June 23, 2019 5:46 PM

Top choice:. Buttigieg

Also Like:. Bennet, Bullock (not well known)

Could support:. Biden. Warren, Harris, Castro, Booker, Klobuchar, Hickenlooper, O'Rourke, Swalwell, Ryan, Inslee (that enough for now)

----------------

Big Reservations:. Yang, Moulton, Delaney (no chance)

Crossed-off: Gillibrand, Messam, Gabbard, Williamson (drop out please)

NO!: Sanders

All this is now on a single view. Upper tier could change as campaigns develop.

by Anonymousreply 210June 23, 2019 6:35 PM

Warren is passing Sanders in every poll, so expect more attacks next week.

by Anonymousreply 211June 24, 2019 6:22 AM

Bernie will pull a Trump next year and the meltdowns on here and on stations like MSNBC will be glorious to watch. People act like the race is already over, but it's not even officially begun until next week. Biden's inevitable decline by the fall will completely throw a wrench into this race. Besides Sanders, Warren has the best shot of taking the lead, but that's going off of her current momentum. She's eventually going to fizzle out like everyone else has. She's done a good job of making herself a top tier candidate but being a policy wonk ain't going to be enough in a race where your'e going against Trump.

Basically, people writing off Bernie are the same people who foolishly wrote off Warren earlier in the year and Trump 4 years ago. We're not in the old political cycle anymore. Democrats seem to be the only people who still don't realize it.

by Anonymousreply 212June 24, 2019 6:34 AM

Trump won because of dirty tricks, Bernie couldn't even win the primaries against the 'most unpopular candidate ever' and his campaign was sponsored by dirty Russian oligarch money. Warren is not a front runner and I doubt she will become one.

by Anonymousreply 213June 24, 2019 9:49 AM

For a "liberal" his followers sure are a hateful bunch, especially if you're a woman or just anyone who refuses to bow down and worship at the altar of Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 214June 24, 2019 1:34 PM

Exactly r214. It’s even worse on Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 215June 24, 2019 8:09 PM

Bernie hasn't a prayer of a chance of being the Democratic nominee this time around, much less winning the election in the fall of 2020.

Who will the Berniebros and Berniesisters blame for his loss this time?

by Anonymousreply 216June 25, 2019 2:11 AM

The moderators at reddit are manipulating what you're allowed to post and what not. In 2016 any nasty comment about Hillary Clinton was allowed. Now that the tides on Bernie are turning and more and more people see what a phony he is and how he deliberately let himself being used as a spoiler candidate to split the democratic vote, the mods are doing everything to block people from posting this.

Just like fb, I hope reddit gets destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 217June 25, 2019 8:51 AM

[quote]People act like the race is already over, but it's not even officially begun until next week.

Sanders has been campaigning since 2016. If he's not peaking in the polls now, then when?

by Anonymousreply 218June 25, 2019 8:55 AM

R201, the Russians like Bernie. He opposes sanctions. Just like Trump does.

by Anonymousreply 219June 25, 2019 6:05 PM

And this is why a lot of us don't like Bernie:

MSNBC: If it's clear you aren't going to be the nominee, will you concede before the convention?

SANDERS: I intend to be the Dem nominee

M: But if you're not. You stayed in last time

S: Some people say that maybe if the system wasn't rigged against me, I would've beat Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 26, 2019 8:42 PM

Fuck that old hater.

When Mueller testifies before Congress in July, someone needs to straight up ask him who else the Russians were pushing in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 221June 26, 2019 8:45 PM

Mueller's report already stated dirty Russian oligarch money did not only sponsored Trump's campaign, but also Bernie's and Stein's.

That's probably why Bernie voted 3 times against Russian sanctions and against the Magnitsky act.

But yes I hope they'll ask Mueller about this during his testimony and make him say it publicly.

Hopefully Joe Biden and Kamala are going after Bernie's traitor arse tomorrow and expose him for the liar and phony that he is.

by Anonymousreply 222June 26, 2019 10:32 PM

That's scary, R220. I don't understand why Sanders would rather see the whole country implode in 2020 if tRump gets re-elected than step back if he's (again) in a position where he should drop out of the race. Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 223June 26, 2019 10:36 PM

BernorBusters hate democrats more than they hate Trump. It's extreme far leftist crowd, they are pro Russia. Bernie's new communication director is an intercept writer and wrote this in 2016 ...

'@realDonaldTrump is right. The dems pushed the "Russia did the hacking" angle b/c it was politically advantageous for them.'

Bernie is fully aware he was the spoiler to divide the democratic vote in 2016 and he is doing it again in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 224June 26, 2019 11:21 PM

Omg r220, he really said that?

He even sounds like Trump.

Hmm...both are Russian puppets.

by Anonymousreply 225June 26, 2019 11:25 PM

That old goat with the wagging finger and a wife that bankrupted a college? Bernbros&hos can get wet over him, but that mess can stay confined within that cult.

by Anonymousreply 226June 26, 2019 11:34 PM

The Democratic party today is summed up as "Not Republicans" (sidebar: we need more parties and need to move toward coalition-style governing in order to get anything done as the 2-party system is the US's biggest problem). Bernie may not be loved by the corporate/centrist Dems but he's done wonders for the platform and helping to push it away from the corporate bullshit and toward more progressive ideas.

by Anonymousreply 227June 27, 2019 12:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!