Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CBD Oil: Hype or Real?

I’ve been wanting to try CBD for a while now, mainly for my anxiety. Had an edible today, apparently made with a good size dose of it, and then went shopping at Costco to test its effectiveness.

It didn’t do shit! And now, 5 hours later, no reduction in my usual Sunday night anxiety.

Has anyone had a better experience? I don’t want to give up after just one try, but I’m pretty disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2019 1:31 PM

Get some THC and watch your grocery cart fill up with tubs of ice cream in no time flat.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2019 10:53 PM

Not trying to be facetious, this is a serious question.

How do you have an anxiety attack by walking around town, OP? I really don't get it. What is it like?

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2019 10:54 PM

I believe CBD has an 80% placebo effect. It works for some because you "think" it works.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2019 10:55 PM

It’s not all created equal and some contains no CBD whatsoever,

I used CBD oil from Hemp’d and it works incredibly well for sleep.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2019 10:56 PM

CBD is this year's jojoba -- mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2019 10:57 PM

Try high-potency CBD dab/wax. Stick a little seed between your teeth and you'll be on cloud nine in minutes. It's expensive though.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2019 11:04 PM

It works for me, however I do wonder how much of it is placebo effect.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2019 11:40 PM

[quote] Get some THC and watch your grocery cart fill up with tubs of ice cream in no time flat.

More like "in no time FAT"

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2019 11:42 PM

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2019 12:55 AM

Threw money down the drain. It had zero effect. I’s like to try the kind with a small amount of THC - that may be effective.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2019 1:11 AM

What dose did you take, OP? Anything less than about 200 mg will have no effect.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2019 1:14 AM

I actually just read something yesterday that said ingesting CBD has about a 20% rate of effectiveness and since there are really no regulations, often times it's not really CBD anyway. For better results, find a reputable brand and rub the oil on topically.

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2019 1:42 AM

I agree that it is all in the mind. Many have jumped on the bandwagon to make money and more have fallen for the hype. The marijuana and extended CBD industry is the latest fad to sweep America. If you don’t know where it is made and by whom it is probably fake. If it says made in China-RUN! I was shocked on how expensive it is.

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2019 3:14 AM

Since it doesn’t contain THC, will it make you fail a drug test. I actually saw it advertised at my doctors office.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2019 3:41 AM

I’m with you, r3. I tried it a few times and it didn’t do shit for me. I’m one of those rare people that doesn’t like weed either. All my friends think I’m crazy for that.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2019 3:47 AM

I've always wondered that stuff like anxiety and depression can be solved not by medication but a mental shift in perspective.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2019 3:47 AM

Hete's what you need to know: - Whole Spectrum/Plant CBD product - Must be Organic - Make sure filler products are " natural" ex: "Orange oil" for flavoring or Olive oil for carrier oil- nothing you can't pronounce that's gonna polute your body. -CBD ( Hemp) is a crop that literally ABSORBS nutrients out of the soil it is grown in so it is vital you get a Lab Report from the Company you are buying from- and not just 8 mos ago. As an example, after Chernobyl blew, the Russians planted tons if Hemp crops to clean up the land/territory around there. The best companies growing CBD today tend to be in Colorado and Kentucky. - Cross Production: Does the company you're buying from produce more than just one product? Ex: do they make a salve/cream as well as tinctures? - Go low and slow. 250 1- 2x a day for anxiety. Pain will require more but must be built up over time. Isolate and vaping is supposed to be best for anxiety. There is no such thing as " THC" free CBD- It all has a little bit of THC in it, even if it's a few %.

You're Welcome.

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2019 3:59 AM

Said this on another thread: Dr Oz said they tested like 13 kinds of CBD oil. Five had zero CBD. only three had a therapeutic amount, which is why you need to shop carefully.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2019 10:19 AM

Fraud!

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2019 10:48 AM

Anyone have some reliable and preferred brand names they recommend?

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2019 10:54 AM

[quote] no reduction in my usual Sunday night anxiety

This sounds like a byproduct of your feelings about what’s coming next - presumably a week of work. If you hate your job and are miserable there, your legitimate dread isn’t going to be cured by adding a mild treatment to your nail-biting routine.

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2019 10:58 AM

I think I'd rather smoke a joint or have an edible.

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2019 11:10 AM

[QUOTE]Said this on another thread: Dr Oz said they tested like 13 kinds of CBD oil. Five had zero CBD. only three had a therapeutic amount, which is why you need to shop carefully.

Yeah the more companies get into it, the more garbage flooding the market.

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote]Yeah the more companies get into it, the more garbage flooding the market.

The CBD market and all the related products are completely unregulated so it's buyer. beware.

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2019 5:24 PM

Can CBD trigger a failed drug test?

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2019 1:53 AM

Do you live in a place where medical cannabis is legal, OP?

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2019 1:55 AM

R25, yes it can.

In my somewhat limited experience, most CBD contains some THC. (I have some that says it's THC-free but it may as well be olive oil - it doesn't do anything for me - maybe it IS olive oil...)

I believe the testing standard looks for results of between 15 and 50 ng/ml in urine.

If you're using CBD oil with less than 1% THC and not using too much everyday, you could possibly pass.

I know someone who was using what they thought was THC-free CBD, did a self-test and tested so high they would have failed miserably.

If you do a search online, you'll discover those who are subject to random drug tests that have failed and lost their jobs as a result.

It's ridiculous. If you're using CBD that has very little THC, you're not getting buzzed off it.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2019 2:32 AM

As I said earlier. The Hemp’d brand works great for me (and was recommended by someone who does lots of research).

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2019 9:55 AM

Are you talking about the brand linked below R28?

Which products do you use and what you do use them for?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2019 10:47 AM

Stop pussyfooting around and just smoke weed. People do all sorts of madness to approximate being high rather than just getting high

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2019 10:52 AM

R30 some of us aren’t wanting to “get high,” loser.

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2019 12:39 PM

But don't get high and drive.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2019 1:00 PM

R31 if you're looking for CBD oil to "relax", you're trying to get high.

But years of brainwashing has convinced you that only lower members of society do that. So you're willing to waste money on a substitute that does almost nothing, all so you can feel smug while not getting what you want.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2019 1:09 PM

We give it to our pugs. It seems to help a little with anxiety and arthritis. At 13 and 14 they're not puppies, but I believe the CBD definitely gives them a boost.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2019 1:12 PM

Just get the real thing, OP. Do yourself a favor!

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2019 1:29 PM

The point of CBD oil is to get some of the medical benefits without having to get high.

It might be hard to believe, but not everyone likes getting high all the time.

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2019 2:44 PM

I don't understand why all these alternatives to pot are suddenly all the rage. Just smoke pot.

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2019 3:17 PM

R37 Not everyone's in a spot where they can buy it legally. And if you aren't careful, pot can make things like paranoia worse. A good brand of CBD, though, can do things like help insomnia.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2019 3:22 PM

There are strains of cannabis that are high in CBD and low in THC, so the smoker doesn't get high, just eases their physical pain for an hour or two.

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2019 8:15 PM

I Take LSD to relax.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2019 8:50 PM

I use it and find relief, but I live in an area where they grow and process it organically. It's still expensive, but it works as long as you take a proper dosage in a highly concentrated oil.

First crop coming up in Massachusetts after they finally passed ag' status for hemp. We're in our 5th year of production up here in Vermont. If you want a good product, come up and stock up. I use a brand called AroMed and it's regulated and organic.

I personally prefer Brahmi/Bacopa for anxiety. Works faster, imo. I use the CBD oil when I'm raging at the world, which is happening far too often these days.

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2019 9:04 PM

I love it . Some don’t work , though . As everyone has said get a high quality one and vape or put under your tongue .

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2019 10:23 PM

Agreed R37

Some of us have been aware of the therapeutic properties of marijuana for decades. But others need the federal government to give them permission before they put something into their own body.

If you want to be sure of "relaxation" but are worried about getting too high, just take one or two puffs of the real thing. That little won't mess you up, no matter your tolerance. And there 0% chance it will be fake/ineffective like this CBD nonsense

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2019 10:24 PM

Yeah it’s worth pointing out - I know lots of people who smoke weed regularly and don’t appear to get particularly “high” from it. If you smoke (or vape) it almost never, maybe it’ll disorient you a lot & if that’s uncomfortable you can wind up “paranoid.” But most regular smokers take a few hits and just go in with what they were doing, only now enjoying it more.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2019 11:13 PM

I just got a massage and he used some of it and I fell asleep

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2019 11:15 PM

R41, he used somemoil from Vermont too

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2019 11:16 PM

Unless you can get the CBD that's from real cannabis you are wasting your time. The CBD they are pushing online and in stores is from Hemp and it doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2019 12:29 AM

I love smoking pot but edibles don’t do anything but make me feel a little fuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2019 12:47 AM

R47, sorry, but that's incorrect. CBD concentration is determined by the variety of hemp. Not all hemp is the same. Some is grown for fiber and some is grown for the CBD content bred into the plant over time.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2019 12:52 AM

R29, tha5 is the stuff. I use the concentrate...it’s drops.

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2019 1:39 AM

Now 16 tons of happiness are all gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2019 2:05 PM

Unrelated

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2019 9:01 PM

who has the best, most effective oil for sleep? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2019 10:37 AM

I don’t think it’s a placebo. I have used it for swelling and redness and limited rom in my wrist taking only 30mg in OJ for three days with great results. Pain, redness, swelling, all gone. I also used it for what seemed like a budding abcess due to a bad tooth and took 40mg in juice for four days. Swelling and mild pain gone. Now, I’m a nurse and I know not to mess with an abcess anywhere near the brain but even if I went to a dentist I would have been given antibiotics and it would have taken seven to ten days to work. And then he would have pulled the tooth. I got to keep the tooth and get rid of the inflammation. It also works for mild insomnia and anxiety with success. It just chills you ever so slightly but it does work as a mood elevator

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2019 11:20 AM

Chill moods

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2019 3:03 PM

It’s real

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2019 1:27 PM

“We give it to our pugs. It seems to help a little with anxiety and arthritis. At 13 and 14 they're not puppies, but I believe the CBD definitely gives them a boost.”

What kind do you use? I have an older dog with arthritis, too, and am thinking about giving him some as well.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2019 1:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!