Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Phoenix Police Threaten to Shoot a Pregnant Woman After Her Daughter Reportedly Stole a Doll

I can't fucking believe this country.

Sorry if this is a thread already; I searched but nothing came up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 25, 2019 4:03 AM

Will the tears never cease?

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2019 5:10 PM

Dreams come true in Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2019 5:12 PM

Police departments attract a lot of power-mad bullies who get off on the idea of putting others in their place.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2019 5:14 PM

Over a doll from a Dollar Store?

A doll. From a Dollar Store.

Guns pulled and people told they will be shot over a doll. From a Dollar Store.

A doll.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2019 5:15 PM

Always with the stealing

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2019 5:16 PM

It's ridiculous police action. On the other hand, when the police tell you to stop and obey, you DO NOT ESCALATE. And certainly not in broad daylight among plenty of public witnesses. If you didn't do anything, and the police give you are hard time, the truth will come out. You don't get in your car and try to flee.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2019 5:19 PM

I assume I already had r1/r5 blocked for good reason.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2019 5:19 PM

Such courage, R7

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2019 5:20 PM

[quote]It's ridiculous police action. On the other hand, when the police tell you to stop and obey, you DO NOT ESCALATE. And certainly not in broad daylight among plenty of public witnesses. If you didn't do anything, and the police give you are hard time, the truth will come out. You don't get in your car and try to flee.

Of course, that's not what appears to have happened.

[quote]Videos of the May 29 incident, which circulated more recently on social media, show a pregnant woman—24-year-old Iesha Harper—struggling to obey police orders to leave her car as she holds her two small children. At one point, while the children are still in the vehicle, a police officer can be seen pointing a gun at the car as another yells, “You’re going to fucking get shot.”

[quote]According to Ames, the incident started when police (who appear in the videos to be mostly white) approached Ames and Harper (who appear black) after they had parked at their babysitter’s apartment complex. Before the encounter, someone anonymously called the police to report that the couple’s daughter had stolen a doll from a nearby Family Dollar. The couple believes the daughter took the toy by accident. Ames says in the filing that the officers hadn’t used their lights or sirens before walking over to their parked car.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2019 5:27 PM

I agree with R1, R5, R7's bigotry runs so deeply that he cannot look at each situation on its own merit. He goes to color and stereotyping. The police reaction was over the top...lack of judgment and an excessive reaction given their firepower and the presence of children.

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2019 5:28 PM

I can't teach you how to give a flying fuck about other people.

If you make it clear you don't, we really have nothing to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2019 5:30 PM

Absolutely ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with that department!?

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2019 5:31 PM

What the fuck are you blathering about r10?

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2019 5:32 PM

This is so horrific on so many levels not only for blacks but for any skin color as well.

It seems that there are quite a number of madmen in our police departments. It's like don't get sick and end up with bad medical care and don't get involved with anything involving police activity as you might end up dead.

I know not like we have a choice in either case when our luck runs out.

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2019 5:37 PM

Police are racist Cunts

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2019 5:43 PM

I hope they win every dime of it. And it should be tax free.

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2019 5:57 PM

Police departments are attracting people of diminishing quality. Why would someone of good character be drawn to such a shitshow? We're devolving as a society and yet the screams for justice get louder and louder. So straight into the toilet we're all headed. One only needs to wheel around and bring it all to a halt.

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2019 6:01 PM

$1,000,000 tax free for every roll of fat

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2019 6:01 PM

Are the police like other professions where they can't be sued individually for action taken while on the job?

I refuse to condemn all police for the actions of a small minority of lunatics - and it is a small minority. "There are 17,985 U.S. police agencies in the United States which include County Sheriff, City and State Police Departments, and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies" and close to 800,000 police officers. If it were the majority of them, we'd be seeing hundreds of stories like this every day.

We NEED well-trained law enforcement. What we don't need are lunatics who want to play shoot-em-up cops and robbers.

by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2019 6:02 PM

It sounds like those cops both have explosive rage disorder. Not the sort of people who should be carrying guns and a badge.

by Anonymousreply 20June 16, 2019 6:07 PM

We ALL have explosive rage issues. The bullshit is unremitting.

by Anonymousreply 21June 16, 2019 6:10 PM

No, r21, actually we don't ALL.

Plus it really isn't a rage thing at all. It's a power and control thing.

by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2019 6:13 PM

THE FUCK WE DON'T!!!!11!11!

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote] I agree with [R1], [R5], [R7]'s bigotry runs so deeply that he cannot look at each situation on its own merit. He goes to color and stereotyping. The police reaction was over the top...lack of judgment and an excessive reaction given their firepower and the presence of children.

The same is true of these police officers. What crime did this family commit that would have warranted such vitriol and savagery? Did they think the 1 year old had a gun? White police officers never treat black people as they would want to be treated -- or even as they would treat other white people.

by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote] I hope they win every dime of it. And it should be tax free.

I don't disagree but the problem is the money is OURS. The city will pay the settlement with taxpayer money. When will citizens decide that having white supremacists in law enforcement is not worth the cost to taxpayers?

by Anonymousreply 25June 16, 2019 6:28 PM

Cops should be fired

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2019 6:43 PM

1) Kids don’t “accidentally pick up” dolls

2) The parents knew she’d taken the doll

3) They tried to get away with it

4) Doesn't matter because the cops response to all 3 of these things is fucking insane. Pulling a gun & swearing, threatening to kill people & grabbing a little kid is an act of outright insanity. That cop is mentally unstable and extremely dangerous

5) Keep an eye on your kids and don’t let them steal because you can wind up getting executed by batshit cops.

by Anonymousreply 27June 16, 2019 9:37 PM

R27 straight up. Police are dangerous. Don't let your kids break the law and give them a reason to prove it.

by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2019 9:44 PM

Exactly @R7

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2019 9:51 PM

Imagine what would have happened if it had been a pound cake!

by Anonymousreply 30June 16, 2019 9:55 PM

So fucking hilarious how SJWs simply ignore the truth. The father had also shoplifted, and threw the underwear he shoplifted out of his car's window. The father was also driving on a suspended license, and another female who was in the vehicle had MULTIPLE warrants for her arrest. A whole family of fucking degenerate thieves.

And of course now the father and the daughter have massive injuries which they are suing for (which weren't mentioned during the police stop). Hopefully this goes to trial and goes to a white jury which tosses it out before the grifters can get a fucking dime of taxpayer money.

What if the police simply abandoned minority areas? If the pigs are so violent and racist and horrible, then without question life in the inner cities would improve, right? And those of us who respect law and order can have extra police protection. A total win-win. And since they are no longer being served/oppressed by law enforcement, the hundreds of millions of payroll/income taxes that are coming into the government from black areas can stay there and truly build paradise on earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 16, 2019 10:05 PM

Kids grab shit off of store shelves all the time.

by Anonymousreply 32June 16, 2019 10:11 PM

With the exception of the kid, they're all scum. The family and the police.

by Anonymousreply 33June 16, 2019 10:11 PM

R32 - No they don't. Most children, even very young ones aren't thieves.

by Anonymousreply 34June 16, 2019 10:29 PM

You've never seen a kid sitting in a grocery cart pull something off of a shelf, R34?

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 35June 16, 2019 10:31 PM

R35, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say children never pull things off of shelves. I said that most children aren't thieves.

To pull something off a shelf and put it in the cart is entirely different from pulling it off the shelf and walking through the checkout line with "nobody noticing or paying."

Here mama I want this! isn't the same as "Look Mama, I got this!"

by Anonymousreply 36June 16, 2019 10:41 PM

She stole the doll. She has poor judgment, but then she's four and nobody in her life models good behavior.

The parents however - completely knew she took the doll and didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2019 10:42 PM

A four-year-old is four years old, r37.

"Judgement" doesn't really enter the equation.

by Anonymousreply 38June 16, 2019 10:44 PM

And the police went overboard. Though, if the car (when they ran the plates and you know they did) didn't pop belonging to someone with a DUI, and someone hadn't thrown merch out the window, well - it probably could have played out more delicately.

Bottom line = everyone misbehaved. Except the 1 y.o. However, forgiveness for the 4 y.o. because A) she's 4 and B) with parents like that genuinely doesn't know any better. She should be careful in the future though, because after a certain developmental age/stage she is in fact expected to know better even if her parents are lowlifes.

by Anonymousreply 39June 16, 2019 10:47 PM

r37 nails it. You can't blame a little kid for doing dumb little kid shit. You CAN blame the parents for being worthless thieves themselves and therefore teaching her that it's perfectly okay to take something that you want, and then scream racism when you get nailed for doing it, and then scream racism again when stores won't go near minority communities for precisely that reason.

by Anonymousreply 40June 16, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote]Are the police like other professions where they can't be sued individually for action taken while on the job?

Yes, it’s called qualified immunity. By the letter of the law, it [italic]should[/italic] be easy to revoke and hold them personally liable, the reality of that happening is far different.

by Anonymousreply 41June 16, 2019 10:52 PM

No one who’s served in the military should serve as a police officer. The military spends a great of money and time breaking down the natural human inhibition to kill. That’s a big part of basic training. Police departments love hiring ex-military, but they need guardians, not warriors. And those are very different things.

by Anonymousreply 42June 16, 2019 11:10 PM

I wonder what percentage of the police force are ex-military, r42?

by Anonymousreply 43June 16, 2019 11:12 PM

[quote]So fucking hilarious how SJWs simply ignore the truth. The father had also shoplifted, and threw the underwear he shoplifted out of his car's window. The father was also driving on a suspended license, and another female who was in the vehicle had MULTIPLE warrants for her arrest. A whole family of fucking degenerate thieves.

Of course that justifies the cops’ crazy behavior and overreacting.

by Anonymousreply 44June 16, 2019 11:25 PM

Very well put r42. Military personnel are trained to kill and follow orders no question. Cops are supposed to use judgement.

Not enough training in police forces.

by Anonymousreply 45June 16, 2019 11:27 PM

The daughter is 4!!! A child took a doll from the dollar store.... think about that. A 4 year old girl took a doll from the dollar store. For this cops, plural, come after citizens, with guns drawn. Wow!

by Anonymousreply 46June 16, 2019 11:37 PM

It often seems like some things will never change.

by Anonymousreply 47June 16, 2019 11:37 PM

Family Dollar! It might have cost up to $9.98!

by Anonymousreply 48June 16, 2019 11:40 PM

Right the fuck on, R42. It's the dirty little secret behind all the police brutality. No, we can't impugn our veterans! Give them a job protecting us like they did while they were trained to see everyone as a potential 'enemy' and make sure they have deadly force, little training, low IQs and PTSD while you're at it.

Fuck this shit. I'm glad the family is still alive and I hope a jury gives them what they're asking for. The cop still being on duty? Avoid fucking Arizona and all the shithole cities in it.

by Anonymousreply 49June 16, 2019 11:40 PM

The average modern military recruit is of higher intelligence than the average high school graduate.

by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2019 11:46 PM

R46, if only that’s all it was. See r31.

by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2019 11:47 PM

R46, I think it's pretty clear the cops acted poorly here. What's troubling is that the family acted so poorly as well.

The 4 year old gets a pass on account of being 4. However, with family like hers, teaching behavior like that (criminal records, DUIs, theft, etc.) she will soon enough get into big girl panty trouble. And then it won't be quite so forgivable.

My brother stole a Snickers bar from the grocery store when he was 5. It wasn't discovered until we got home. My mother made him go back to the store and pay the manager and apologize. Damn right he never stole anything again.

This little girl? Probably not learning the same lesson.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2019 11:49 PM

According to the Slate article, the police were acting on an anonymous tip. About people stealing from the Dollar Store. An anonymous tip. About a theft from the Dollar Store (almost by definition not a felony). Let that sink in. I’m pretty conservative politically, but this is outrageous. Even if you argue that racism didn’t come Into play (which I wouldn’t), why are cops pulling guns on people in cars with children? The individuals possibly being pilferers (according to anonymous callers) doesn’t justify waiving a loaded gun in the general direction of a family with young children.

by Anonymousreply 53June 16, 2019 11:50 PM

The cop is mentally ill. Of course he will not be fired for this, it is going to go away with the next atrocity. Incredible no one was shot

by Anonymousreply 54June 16, 2019 11:53 PM

He's not mentally ill, r54.

He's just an asshole with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 55June 16, 2019 11:54 PM

The police should be severely punished for what they did, but let’s not act like shoplifting, if it occurred, is not a serious offense. There have been plenty of thieves who have used children as tools to get stolen merchandise out of a store, figuring that they can blame it on the child and nothing will happen. We need people to speak up if they seem a crime.

by Anonymousreply 56June 16, 2019 11:56 PM

What if the girl wanted a watch? Or a tiara? Or a bottle of Hennessey? Is it still okay? What if instead of $10, it cost $100? Or $1,000? Where's the bright line where we tell the parents "It's not okay for your child to steal. Since she's 4, we won't prosecute, but do better! If you don't stop stealing and teaching your child to steal, you will be forcibly separated?"

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2019 12:04 AM

Oh do fuck off r56/r57

by Anonymousreply 58June 17, 2019 12:05 AM

MARY!!!!! R57, going after a four year old like she's a felon in training. Shame on your stupid, tired broke ass.

A fucking doll.....damn

by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2019 12:07 AM

It was not an anonymous tip. The cops were called by store employees and the heat was on BEFORE the family left the parking lot, knowing the heat was on. It was not apparently not just the kid who stole something. Can some of you not READ!!!!! The cops far over-reacted, but at least get the story straight. And now the girl has "dead arm" - whatever the fuck that means. I guess it means MILLIONS, that's what it means. All GARBAGE PEOPLE - these cops and this family.

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2019 12:08 AM

I think we know who the garbage people are, R60, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2019 12:09 AM

No thank you, R58. We're not the same posters, how about you fuck off instead?

And R59, where do you suppose she learns it if not training with her family?

The only innocent character in the entire psychodrama is the baby. Having said that - the 4 year old gets a pass for now because she's 4. Unfortunately, she has shitty parents and that doesn't bode well for her future.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2019 12:10 AM

I’ve heard PD don’t hire smart people (there is an IQ ceiling) as they will not comply with orders, just because they are instructed. Furthermore, like politics, what normal, decent, non-parasitic person would want to be part of such a mess? Consequently I don’t see the caliber of person in either position improving for the foreseeable future. 😕

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2019 12:16 AM

R63, are you serious? Do you suppose being a cashier at, say, Family Dollar offers more career opportunities?

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2019 12:21 AM

I think that's what they like to eat, r44.

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2019 12:25 AM

If only you racists cunts couldn't find some racist shit to attempt to muddy the water, r51.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2019 12:27 AM

So in other words, black people simply can't be held responsible for what they do. Either SJWs are paternalists, and think they're too childish or stupid to face the consequences of their actions, or else it's some twisted form of reparations, since there ain't a chance in hell any checks are coming in the mail any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2019 12:29 AM

I don't let the PO off with a pass for his behavior, but this seems like a repeat offender family. Amazing people will give them a pass people steal things they "Need." Bitch, I need a million dollars. Am I gonna get a pass?

by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2019 12:31 AM

Their daughter should definitely be shot dead for stealing a doll from a dollar store in that case, r68.

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2019 12:35 AM

Does anyone think the police would have responded in the same manner if the people in the car were not black? Also the number of police responding.

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2019 12:53 AM

The police came with guns pointed because someone from a dollar store said a doll was stolen. A doll from a dollar tree store warranted shooting people?

by Anonymousreply 71June 17, 2019 12:58 AM

R68 and R71 Was anyone actually shot? I thought there were very disturbing threats (the highly skilled psychiatrists must not have been in the police car at the time) but there weren't actual shots, were there?

by Anonymousreply 72June 17, 2019 1:04 AM

Yes, r71, dear. All eldergay honkies are racist, and we all feel that black children shoplifting dolls at Dollar Store should be gunned down. Do you feel better now that you have summed up reality so tidily?

by Anonymousreply 73June 17, 2019 1:05 AM

Some of you are sick and hateful

by Anonymousreply 74June 17, 2019 1:08 AM

Some of you are simplistic children.

by Anonymousreply 75June 17, 2019 1:15 AM

Stealing is bad.

by Anonymousreply 76June 17, 2019 1:30 AM

stealing must be stopped! they want ev thing free.

by Anonymousreply 77June 17, 2019 1:33 AM

Have some empathy for the family for god sake.

by Anonymousreply 78June 17, 2019 1:40 AM

I'm entirely comfortable asserting that almost everyone involved behaved badly. And unlike the post above, I don't let the baby off the hook. He shit his diaper and that only made a bad situation worse. Nothing like the smell of poop to make your attempts at an ordinary misdemeanor stink even worse.,

by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2019 1:41 AM

Exactly, r79. That's ALWAYS the case when injustice happens to black people. Of course, if white people are shown up for their racism, the same people fall all over their disgusting racist selves trying to excuse their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 80June 17, 2019 1:56 AM

It already happened in Baltimore after the Freddy Grey riots..

We're going to see more and more situations where police just stop policing neighborhoods and let nature take it course.

How many black neighborhoods are suffering now because there are no supermarkets and other food stores?

It will expand to other services.

by Anonymousreply 81June 17, 2019 1:57 AM

Wtf@R81

by Anonymousreply 82June 17, 2019 1:59 AM

r81 is a racist CUNT who thinks she's making some sort of an actual intelligent point, r82.

by Anonymousreply 83June 17, 2019 2:00 AM

R63 is correct. I knew someone who went through the NYPD and was told this. They don't want high IQ people to join the police force.

by Anonymousreply 84June 17, 2019 2:00 AM

But give her credit, though, r82. r81 is only being a stealth racist out of "concern" for "black neighborhoods."

by Anonymousreply 85June 17, 2019 2:02 AM

The headline is like clickbait. As usual, the headline has ZERO context and you don’t get the full story. Don’t be moronic.

by Anonymousreply 86June 17, 2019 2:03 AM

Context=Shit that excuses white people of racism, r86.

by Anonymousreply 87June 17, 2019 2:05 AM

R86

The trolls will not acknowledge that the adults in that car are criminals who used those babies as shields.

by Anonymousreply 88June 17, 2019 2:06 AM

Apparently committing a crime is simply not a good enough reason for police confront black people. Just like the one they pumped full of lead that had just shot a guy 5 times after robbing him."They didnt have to kill him!" Lower class people seem to think any situation involving cops ,no matter if THEY were criminals,is the new ghetto lottery. So sick of it all.

by Anonymousreply 89June 17, 2019 2:13 AM

R80 - Genuine question: did the family steal or did they not? Did they have police records or did they not?

Obviously, the police behaved badly. Did the family make it worse?

I'm the poster above whose 5 y.o. brother stole a Snickers bar. The police didn't come for us. It could be because we're not black, but it certainly helps that no-one in the family had a criminal record, and was an actual adult walking out of the store attempting petty larceny.

Does petty larceny merit an armed response from police? From my viewpoint, no. I don't live in that moment though, nor do I have to respond to theft on a regular basis.

Tell us what you would do? Shall we henceforth let families steal whatever they can as long as they have a child with them?

by Anonymousreply 90June 17, 2019 2:14 AM

"I wasn't assaulting that person. I was just playing The Knock Out game."

"I wasn't stealing that mail. I was just playing Porch Pirate."

"I wasn't stealing that car. I was just playing Slider."

Do Hispanics and Asians have any equivalent excuse for the above behavior?

by Anonymousreply 91June 17, 2019 2:21 AM

It's called being played.

by Anonymousreply 92June 17, 2019 3:14 AM

I'll take "white homosexuals who only see black people while binge-watching "COPS"" for $400, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 93June 17, 2019 4:21 AM

[quote] Does anyone think the police would have responded in the same manner if the people in the car were not black? Also the number of police responding.

Of course not! Never! No police officer would ever pull a gun on a blonde, blue-eyed little girl. I hope the family gets a huge settlement. Only then will this be the object lesson it deserves to be -- every white cop should be taught at the academy that if you pull over a black family, draw your guns, and talk and act like racist lunatics then you just made more black millionaires.

If they understood that every time they act on a racist impulse the black person will sue, get a settlement and be enriched by their behavior, they would straighten up and/or quit the law enforcement. Win/win.

by Anonymousreply 94June 17, 2019 4:40 AM

I honestly hope these cops get shot at. I don't care of they die, I'd just find it helpful if they learn what getting shot feels like. Why are they allowed on the force!? I know, because they're racist cement heads LIKE ALL COPS!

by Anonymousreply 95June 17, 2019 5:07 AM

If any person in this thread can show me a video of multiple cops doing this to a white 4 year old, guns drawn, I'll personally give you a brand new car. And whites shoplift as often as blacks, have police records too. Please hurry with that video, I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 96June 17, 2019 5:45 AM

And again, for the 10 millionth time, the WHOLE FUCKING FAMILY were thieves. The little girl didn't get arrested, her scumbag father did. Besides, even if these slimeballs became millionaires, it's not like they would be millionaires for very long. Those kinds of people generally aren't known for their money-management skills.

by Anonymousreply 97June 17, 2019 6:22 AM

Why do cops get to use 'fucking' in such a angry manner? If we cuss a cop we get arrested or shot, but they can use the vulgarity anytime they want even with children around? Is that part of their training?

I know that isn't the main issue here, but in all these videos all I hear is the cops using "fucking" constantly. Blue privilege.

by Anonymousreply 98June 17, 2019 6:22 AM

Do the police not realize people are filming or do they just not care?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 17, 2019 6:46 AM

They just don't care r99. Why would they? They are extremely unlikely to face consequences, even for murder caught on video.

by Anonymousreply 100June 17, 2019 7:47 AM

DL hates fraus, blacks and kids. Of course they see nothing wrong with this.

by Anonymousreply 101June 17, 2019 8:08 AM

I can't stand the fact that there are people here defending those out of control uniformed killers. There is no question they should fired immediately. Then, we need to form a fact-finding committee as to why and how they were even hired. No officer should have their guns drawn unless they are under a clear (must be visually verified) or told the perps are armed and dangerous.

All police officers should be required to have a bachelors degree from an accredited 4-year university. Period.

It's ridiculous to witness these gestapo tactics used on an average citizen when the Elite and those in government behave as if they are above the law! Stealing hundreds of millions of our money and making a mockery of our laws.

Citizens of Hong Kong are demonstrating how to protest this kind of disparity, and until we sheeple get our asses off the couch, assholes like these cops will keep killing for stupid reasons or for nothing at all - just because they feel like it.

by Anonymousreply 102June 17, 2019 8:42 AM

R98. They use foul language because they have no control of the situation, they have no control of themselves nor their own mental illness...AND they are scared shitless.

by Anonymousreply 103June 17, 2019 8:48 AM

A while ago, a Dler pointed out that many police forces have issues with roid use. I think a low IQ + roid rage really explains a lot of cop behavior.

by Anonymousreply 104June 17, 2019 9:00 AM

Well based on all the apologies they're getting from city officials I assume those two maniac racist cops will get the boot soon. I'm sure they have to deal with the police union which will fight tooth and nail to keep them on the force. Those two crazies are a detriment to the well being of the city of Phoenix.

Of course the city fathers are scared to death of this lawsuit and are hoping being nice to the people will get them to drop it. I hope they go full steam ahead with this lawsuit. It's the only thing that really makes officials sit up and take note when things like this happen. All too often they just sweet attempt to sweep it all under the rug.

by Anonymousreply 105June 17, 2019 9:26 AM

[quote] Kids don’t “accidentally pick up” dolls

If my lily white niece and nephew got jail time for every time they took something from a shelf, and my sister didn't notice, they'd be serving consecutive life sentences.

And the point is, even if we toss Occam's razor out the window and assume that they HAD, in fact, deliberately stolen something.....what we saw is a dramatic overreaction to the alleged crime.

by Anonymousreply 106June 17, 2019 9:31 AM

If the cops shot the girl and her mom, their rounds of bullets would cost more than the fucking doll.

by Anonymousreply 107June 17, 2019 9:55 AM

Man, I live in Phoenix and this is so ridiculous. There is no need to yell obscenities when children are present and the adults were complying. Another shitty story was the Daniel Shaver one. He shouldn’t have been murdered.

by Anonymousreply 108June 17, 2019 11:07 AM

[quote]Man, I live in Phoenix

I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 109June 17, 2019 11:11 AM

Take the race out of this and it's still fucking disgusting. The police harassed, threatened and beat up a young couple in front of their young children. Fuck all you racist assholes who don't understand that their RACE is why the motherfuckers would dare to do this to an AMERICAN family.

No caste system? No class system? Fucking lies, all of it, from the very beginning. Write down the pretty words and then reinterpret their vague, ambigous meanings to suit the real agenda of raping the entire fucking planet for their own self-enrichment. No one gives a shit. No one.

by Anonymousreply 110June 17, 2019 1:07 PM

Victim exhaustion. Learn to act wrong.

by Anonymousreply 111June 17, 2019 1:11 PM

[quote] Tell us what you would do? Shall we henceforth let families steal whatever they can as long as they have a child with them?

Get a grip, r90, and all the other racist assholes in here who have posted similar thoughts. "The cops shouldn't pull a gun on someone and threaten to shoot him dead in front of his children because his 4-year-old stole a doll from the dollar store" does not equal "the cops should do nothing at all when people steal."

by Anonymousreply 112June 17, 2019 1:38 PM

I used to always come home from the grocery store at 4 and 5 years old with little plastic animals or some candy I had gripped in my hot little hands. All children are thieves. They have no sense of 'yours' or 'mine.'

Cops with attitude have killed for less than a stolen barbie doll.

by Anonymousreply 113June 17, 2019 1:47 PM

R112. Are you retarded? No one said to do nothing at all. Could you do the world a favor and grow a brain?

by Anonymousreply 114June 17, 2019 2:16 PM

^Sorry, meant r90

by Anonymousreply 115June 17, 2019 2:18 PM

They need to put security tags on those dolls at Family Dollar.

by Anonymousreply 116June 17, 2019 2:31 PM

Lol, no one gives that much of a damn about 3 dollar dolls at family dollar besides morons like you r116. Why don't you go down to your local one and stand guard over them 24/7 to make sure no 4 year old little girls get them? It's not like you have anything else to do.

by Anonymousreply 117June 17, 2019 4:06 PM

Breaking down democracy one doll at a time. Drip, drip, drip. Pretty soon we'll be back in the jungle.

by Anonymousreply 118June 17, 2019 5:23 PM

What? Did I take a wrong turn?

by Anonymousreply 119June 17, 2019 5:24 PM

I just dont understand. Ive gone into stores millions of times in my 58 years and I have never,not one time,ever been accused of stealing. I wonder why ? Oh,thats right,because I dont steal. See how that works ? It is really that simple.

by Anonymousreply 120June 17, 2019 5:32 PM

When I was five I stole a fabulous turquoise silk handkerchief from a store called Jordan Marsh. It cost around $50. I saw it and just had to have it. Later that night, the manager of the store called my mom and told her that I stole it and to bring it back or pay for it or he would call the police. I said I didn't take it, she must've told him that and nothing really came of it. Bet that wouldn't have happened if I wasn't white.

However, it scared me badly and I never stole anything else again.

Kids steal shit, but hopefully they grow out of it by age five. I don't blame the kid if she took the doll, but I do fear she doesn't havepositive role models to teach her right and wrong.

In any case, they're about to get paid!

by Anonymousreply 121June 17, 2019 6:05 PM

R121, my 5 y.o. brother stole a Snickers bar. He didn't get caught by the store, but he got caught by my mother who made him take it back and apologize. I wasn't even involved and was still struck by the traumadrama. You can believe he never took anything again and for that matter neither did I.

Doll stealer doesn't have parents who are interested in teaching morals, so it's left for the police to do. Surprise, surprise - they're less sensitive and tender.

by Anonymousreply 122June 17, 2019 7:09 PM

R120 - No it's because of your race. You could've stolen thousands of dollars worth of crap and gotten away with it, because you're white.

(Wait - that's not how it worked for Winona Ryder is it? And she was an IT girl when she got nabbed for stealing shit).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 17, 2019 7:19 PM

R91, Asians don't usually commit petty crimes. Mexicans go silent, or if their backs are to the wall, they complain loudly about how "He was a good man, just trying to support his family. He shouldn't be in jail. We need him here, supporting his family."

by Anonymousreply 124June 17, 2019 7:25 PM

This isn't roids so much as it's meth and/or cocaine. And yes, there are plenty of white supremacists in police departments.

by Anonymousreply 125June 17, 2019 7:28 PM

R115, So what would you do?

It's easy to yell at the police. Hell, everybody knows they did something wrong. Obviously the parents are problems as well.

What would YOU do.? Now that you've vented, what would you DO?

by Anonymousreply 126June 17, 2019 7:38 PM

Gee, what else could the police possibly do when they outnumber an unarmed family and have to confront them over theft of a doll by a child. Hmmmm, let's see...

Not pointed a loaded gun at children and their unarmed pregnant mother for starters. Not threatened to shoot them. Not scream and hurl obscenities for no reason. Not kick and punch an handcuffed man. Here's an idea: pretend the little girl and her entire family were the fucking Brady Bunch and act accordingly.

If people think it's interfering too much with the work of police officers to insist they not act like out of control fascists goon squads, which they tend to do too much when confronting people of color for even minor or NO crimes, it's because the work of police is to maintain white supremacy by threat of force.

by Anonymousreply 127June 17, 2019 7:46 PM

R117 - So should everything at Family Dollar be free? Or just stuff that's appealing to kids? Or if it's stuff that's appealing to kids at Family Dollar - shouldn't it be free everywhere? Should it be free at the grocery store too? Stealing a toy lobster is okay, but a live one isn't? What about department stores? Is there a monetary limit? Or is it based on age? 4 year olds can steal but 14 year olds can't - so should a 14 year old hand something to a 4 year old on the way out the door so that they don't get nabbed? Is that was this family did? If the line is based on money, where's the limit? $3 is okay but $5 isn't? And if it's okay to steal everything less than $5 at the dollar store, then isn't it basically Goodwill? Except even there you have to actually pay for what you walk out with.

What are the exact rules in the land of "She's 4 so it's okay that her family stole from the Family Dollar because police are assholes"?

by Anonymousreply 128June 17, 2019 7:48 PM

R127, now that you have vented over what the (dumb) police did, tell us what you would do. Not what the dumb police should not have done.

Tell us how you would have looked up the information on the computer in your car or your squad radio or whatever-the-fuck and exactly how you would have reacted. Because it obviously would have been superior. We need to know what that is.

by Anonymousreply 129June 17, 2019 7:52 PM

R122 you're the same dumb cunt who insisted that "most children aren't thieves" (WRONG, R113 is correct, little kids steal shit ALL THE TIME) and then in the same breath, shared that stupid pointless anecdote about your brother stealing a Snickers bar when he was 5 (which you then keep on repeating for some reason, nobody fucking cares).

You also made that lame joke about how not even the baby is innocent in this situation because he shit his diaper...

Why are you so emotionally invested in making this family out to be at fault in this situation? Seriously, take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 130June 17, 2019 7:52 PM

"If the cops can't pull a gun on a 4 year old for stealing a doll, there will be anarchy!"

by Anonymousreply 131June 17, 2019 7:52 PM

R129's racist endtimers ass pretending as though there is simply no template for how police are to deal with alleged child thieves. We're in the Thunderdome folks, there are no rules. It's Chicago backroom tactics or it's total chaos!

by Anonymousreply 132June 17, 2019 7:55 PM

R130, you're the same drama queen who emotes all over the place but has no actual common sense or solutions.

It's common for little kids to go through a stage of wanting and taking. It's not pathological in 4 year olds. ID, we get it. It is, however, pathological behavior in adults - such as the adult in the car who threw stolen merch out the window (to avoid getting caught).

You want to make this strictly about the 4 y.o. and you're MAD just oh so MAD that you have to account for some specifics. Yes, the police were assholes. How would you have done better?

by Anonymousreply 133June 17, 2019 7:57 PM

R132 - Let them take anything as long as they're only 4! Hold a toddler in front of you as you enter a bank!

Responsible people understand rules. It's why 4 year olds turn into more civilized 8 year olds - teaching.

by Anonymousreply 134June 17, 2019 7:58 PM

R133: The fact that you have to harass everyone in this thread who don't suck the cocks of the police by DEMANDING (MARY!!!) what they would do better is a gotcha game that we are too smart to play. What your saying is that the police had NO CHOICE but to behave like thugs, and everyone would do the same. WRONG! But you don't care about this family or anyone else whom the police abuse and kill, you're more concerned about law and order and $2 dolls staying unmolested on store shelves.

Your priorities are fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 135June 17, 2019 8:06 PM

The Mayor apologized so they KNOW the police were in the wrong here

by Anonymousreply 136June 17, 2019 8:25 PM

A 4 year old has no concept of thievery so taking a doll from a store doesn't make her evil

by Anonymousreply 137June 17, 2019 8:26 PM

Obviously the police fucked up. That goes without saying. The family also fucked up. Apparently that's questionable.

by Anonymousreply 138June 17, 2019 8:45 PM

I stole a comic book years ago at the local bodega The gentleman who owned the store knew it, never said a word, and when I came in next time he quietly charged me for it while shaking his head and pointing to the comic book rack. I knew what was up and said nothing. When my mother asked why the change was 1.50 short, I had to tell her the truth and she not only slapped the shit out of me, but frog-marched me right back and made me apologize.

Years later, I was working in a garden shop and watched as this little old lady proceeded to stuff all kinds of googaws into her bags. She bought some things and before I rang her up, I told the boss. He just laughed it off and said she was this rich old lady who always did that and to ignore it. Made me regret having regrets all those years ago about a stupid comic book.

So yes, there are TWO Americas....one for the haves and another for the have nots.

by Anonymousreply 139June 17, 2019 9:00 PM

R138, stop equivocating a four year old's inclination to want something and a mother's oversight of her daughter's theft with police brutality. You're just embarrassing yourself at this stage.

I took my nephews out to eat, 8 and 10, and the 8 year old took one of the restaurant mugs. I had no idea he even had it until we got home, so if the mom never noticed the doll with her daughter, I believe it.

They never had a chance to do the right thing before all hell broke loose. Poor kid must be having nightmares. Too bad they caught it all on video, R138, so your subtle form of racism won't be able to stick.

by Anonymousreply 140June 17, 2019 9:12 PM

[quote] The Mayor apologized so they KNOW the police were in the wrong here

She hasn't said they were legally wrong just that she didn't like certain aspects of it like the swearing.

We're all so sensitive in this country about swearing and naughty words.

I'll wait for the investigation to see who is legally in the right and in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 141June 17, 2019 9:16 PM

Fuck the investigation of the police by the police. We all know how that ends up.

by Anonymousreply 142June 17, 2019 9:33 PM

(Wait - that's not how it worked for Winona Ryder is it? And she was an IT girl when she got nabbed for stealing shit).

R123 that IS how it worked for Winona Ryder though, because she had been shopplifting from that store for ages, and taken an astronomical dollar amount of merchandise in all those five finger discount shopping sprees. She was well known for it there, but they finally had had enough. That would have never been allowed to continue as long as it did had she been black, famous or not, especially back then.

by Anonymousreply 143June 17, 2019 10:45 PM

R128 it's not a choice between let the store make the dolls free, or hold a 4 year old little girl at gunpoint. There actually IS a reasonable middle ground. If you had an IQ above one digit you would grasp that concept.

by Anonymousreply 144June 17, 2019 10:50 PM

R141: It's on video, you dense pillock. No investigation needed. And no, you don't swear in front of children, unless you're just an uncouth asshole.

by Anonymousreply 145June 17, 2019 11:39 PM

as far as someone's comment about complying with the police, when the officer kicked the guys leg out from under him you can hear the cop yelling, do as I say and then you can hear the guy say, I am Sir. The cop must not have realized that you don't have to scream to be heard on the microphone. There have always been bad cops but they either kept themselves under control or it was hidden from us. Now they just don't care and think they are above the law and can do whatever they want. We seem to be returning to the Wild West with only certain people having to follow the rules.

by Anonymousreply 146June 17, 2019 11:49 PM

I don't see a problem.

by Anonymousreply 147June 17, 2019 11:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 18, 2019 1:02 AM

Yeah, police have been using a thing called the Wonderlich test for some time. Their biggest fear is that if you IQ is above a certain level you'll get bored with the job and quit just after they train you.

And then add the 'training' as it is. There isn't any federal standard for police training in the United States.

I'll be honest when i was about 19 years old a good friend suggested we join the next police training class. I looked at him and said 'Imagine us, with guns and badges it's be a licence to steal, pillage and rape.' Needless to say we rejected the idea and years later who do i end up working for but the State Attorney General's office.

by Anonymousreply 149June 18, 2019 1:58 AM

An extremely useful thread for weeding out the local law & order fetishists.

(Many of whom I suspect come over here to shitpost from Breitbart)

by Anonymousreply 150June 18, 2019 2:55 AM

[quote] It's on video, you dense pillock. No investigation needed. And no, you don't swear in front of children, unless you're just an uncouth asshole.

Calm down. You're getting hysterical. Unless the 4 year old was in the car alone it's safe to assume the guns were pointed at the adults. You should never bring your children with you when you go shoplifting and then try to flee the scene. Putting your child in danger is the height of irresponsibility.

While officers shouldn't be swearing, that's the least of the issues involved here. Yes, you do have to use a loud, firm and authoritative voice when stopping a suspect and/or removing them from the car. You need to be sure they understand you first time around.

Some of you live in a dream world.

by Anonymousreply 151June 18, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote][R128] it's not a choice between let the store make the dolls free, or hold a 4 year old little girl at gunpoint. There actually IS a reasonable middle ground. If you had an IQ above one digit you would grasp that concept.

Exactly. So bored with the tedious trolls trying promote the retarded idea that if you criticize anything whatsoever that a cop does, you must be opposed to enforcing laws at all.

by Anonymousreply 152June 18, 2019 3:08 AM

[quote] Unless the 4 year old was in the car alone it's safe to assume the guns were pointed at the adults.

No one said otherwise, dopey. The point (easily graspable if not a moron or a troll) is that it's insane to point a gun at adults, in front of their children, and threaten verbally to kill the adults, over the matter of of a 4-year-old taking a doll from a dollar store.

by Anonymousreply 153June 18, 2019 3:18 AM

The mother was pregnant, so killing her would also be killing a fetus. I thought all these self-righteous people were pro-life.

Who the hell threatens to kill a pregnant woman anyway? Nobody but psychopaths.

The police chief is a black woman and the mayor is a woman too. This is interesting:

“But earlier this year, a report commissioned by [Police Chief] Williams found that 2018 was Phoenix PD's most violent year on record. There were 44 officer-involved shootings – the most in the country, and more than double the previous year.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 18, 2019 4:01 AM

R152 is intentionally ignorant. Everyone is criticizing the cops, as they deserve it. Some are also criticizing the parents.

by Anonymousreply 155June 18, 2019 4:24 AM

[quote] [R152] is intentionally ignorant. Everyone is criticizing the cops, as they deserve it.

Not everyone. Many are, yes. But I was referring to the dolts such as r89, r90, and r128, who ALWAYS show up in threads like this with their "Aren't the police allowed to arrest black people?" and "Should we just make stealing legal, then?" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 156June 18, 2019 4:56 AM

R19 Who said it's a small minority? There are plenty of records of police taking immoral actions at the institutional level.

by Anonymousreply 157June 18, 2019 5:19 AM

The cops are awful. The parents are too.

How is this different from the actual show "Cops" or "Reno 911"?

by Anonymousreply 158June 18, 2019 5:20 AM

“When I was five I stole a fabulous turquoise silk handkerchief from a store called Jordan Marsh. It cost around $50. I saw it and just had to have it.”

Given your young age R121, we’ll give you a pass THIS time. Otherwise, you’d be required to turn in your DL Card for not absconding with the matching moire caftan and ormolu earrings as well!

by Anonymousreply 159June 18, 2019 5:46 AM

[quote] You can't blame a little kid for doing dumb little kid shit. You CAN blame the parents for being worthless thieves themselves and therefore teaching her that it's perfectly okay to take something that you want, and then scream racism when you get nailed for doing it, and then scream racism again when stores won't go near minority communities for precisely that reason.

Still. this was not enough of a reason to threaten shooting anyone. It was a fucking cheap plastic Made In China Barbie DOLL we are talking about. Don't cops have anything better to do?

The family didn't rob the cashier at gunpoint, they didn't murder a cashier or rape someone in the back room of the store. Even if the child did intentionally steal the doll, it's still not worth shooting anyone.

The police reaction was WAAAAY over the top, especially for a $5 Barbie doll from Family Dollar.

by Anonymousreply 160June 18, 2019 6:06 AM

[quote] Still. this was not enough of a reason to threaten shooting anyone.

Seriously. And really, who the hell knows whether the parents allowed/encouraged the kid to swipe the doll or simply didn't notice that she had. Posters here are assuming based on race and class that the parents are grifters who aren't teaching their kids not to steal, but that could be completely false.

by Anonymousreply 161June 18, 2019 7:13 AM

R161, even if the parents did teach their kids to steal, that was still not enough of a reason for the cops to act like they were tracking down Bonnie & Clyde!

There were probably about 25 other real crimes going on while all those cops were tracking down a cheap plastic doll. Fuck the police.

by Anonymousreply 162June 18, 2019 10:09 AM

No one who knows anything about law enforcement in Arizona, should be surprised. It’s a shit hole, other than it’s national parks. I had a job that required me to fly there often, and even though I always stayed at some of the best resorts that I’ve ever had the pleasure of staying in, I drove around quite a bit with my boss and other team members, and trust me when I say that I wouldn’t live there, even if a resort offered me free room and board for a lifetime.

The cops in Arizona are some of the MOST racist pieces of shit in this country. Even cops in the south don’t compare. They’re also huge fans of steroids, just like many cops in any other big, urban city.

Steroids are the most used drug in any police department. If the United States decided to pass a federal law, requiring that all cops be tested for steroid use on a weekly basis in order to remain employed, there wouldn’t be anyone left to patrol our streets.

Address the steroid abuse, and that in itself, will take care of most of the issues with law enforcement in the US.

by Anonymousreply 163June 18, 2019 10:48 AM

Joe Arpaio

by Anonymousreply 164June 18, 2019 11:06 AM

[quote]The cops in Arizona are some of the MOST racist pieces of shit in this country.

Just curious, are you a minority speaking from experience, R163?

by Anonymousreply 165June 18, 2019 11:16 AM

They sound like cops at the start of a porno. I was half-expecting them to mount the father.

by Anonymousreply 166June 18, 2019 11:57 AM

[quote]other than it’s national parks.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 167June 18, 2019 1:39 PM

R57 is some republicunt troll asshole with his 'forcible separation' shit. What is this, the 14th century? I'm glad we're not in the same room, asshole, because I'd be going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 168June 18, 2019 1:43 PM

[quote][R161], even if the parents did teach their kids to steal, that was still not enough of a reason for the cops to act like they were tracking down Bonnie & Clyde!

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 169June 18, 2019 3:56 PM

Video was released and shown on Baltimore 6 o'clock news tonight.

Both parents were filmed taking things from the shelves. The little girl watched her mother stealing and then took the doll from the shelf in her mother's presence. They all left the store without paying for any of the stuff in their possession

Other video shows the mother using the same language as the cops in front of her children.

If there's any video evidence of what happened between the family leaving the store with a bunch of unpaid stuff and the cops confronting the parents, that was shown yet.

It's clear the parents used their kids as props in that store.

by Anonymousreply 170June 18, 2019 11:34 PM

^^^^^^ wasn't shown yet.

by Anonymousreply 171June 18, 2019 11:34 PM

r170 is full of shit

by Anonymousreply 172June 18, 2019 11:48 PM

Also r170 is r171

by Anonymousreply 173June 18, 2019 11:50 PM

R172

Here's an article that came out today as the video was released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 18, 2019 11:59 PM

R170, and????

So what you saying is that it’s OK for the police to use excessive force and violence, for petty theft, right?

WTF do you think happened here? It’s not like the police were at a bank robbery in progress surrounding a group of organized criminals who were determined to take their chances with a shootout, rather than be taken alive and spend the rest of their lives in prison. Millions weren’t at stake.

The parents are petty thieves, and deserved to be pulled over, and arrested. The force and the language used by the PPD officers were unnecessary, and could have easily have turned fatal for the petty thieves or their children.

You really don’t get it. All across America, law enforcement agencies are equipping thousands upon thousands of men and women who are not psychologically fit for duty, much less to have legal access to guns, as a part of their jobs. And these recruits are undergoing training that is used in combat, when deployed to the Middle East in order to intervene against ISIL, terrorists, snipers, etc. Plenty of cops come straight to their jobs from military backgrounds. They have untreated PTSD, alcoholism, drug abuse, steroid abuse, and tons of other shit. These reasons are the exact reasons why these people go into the armed forces, and why they become cops. Yeah, some are naive as fuck, but most are just really screwed up, maladjusted people with badges and a gun.

No way is a man who fatally shoots an 11 year old boy holding a plastic, toy gun, within less than 5 seconds from arriving on the scene of the child playing, and minding his own business, normal and well adjusted.

It is wrong to deny that we have a problem with our law enforcement officers, just because we also have a problem with crime committed by civilians, ESPECIALLY when police routinely kill or injure men and women who are completely innocent, or who deserve due process under the law, rather than instant death.

by Anonymousreply 175June 19, 2019 1:00 AM

So whats the answer R175 ? Fire all the cops and just let people steal what they want ? Their actions directly CAUSED the cops reactions. Were the cops overzealous ? Absolutely,but if those trashy welfare fucks werent in someone elses business STEALING,then they wouldnt have been in that position. Has personal responsibility become another casualty of the internet ? Ghetto rats and their spawn that they are already teaching to be just like them.I would say the same thing if they were white trash,so dont pull that racist shit card.

by Anonymousreply 176June 19, 2019 1:19 AM

R175

And....?!!!!

There's ALWAYS the rest of the story.

Nice rant, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 177June 19, 2019 1:35 AM

Racist redneck at r122 thinks the only way to teach kids morals is to point a gun at them. Republicans have really low IQs.

by Anonymousreply 178June 19, 2019 1:36 AM

R178 that's the same crazy cunt troll who has posted over TWENTY times on this thread (just block her and see for yourself).

by Anonymousreply 179June 19, 2019 2:01 AM

Too many cops and not enough crime (but lots of paranoia). But what do you do with soldiers after they get back from Eye-rack?

by Anonymousreply 180June 19, 2019 2:26 AM

The police overreacted a tad. Nobody got killed. What's the fucking big deal? And the so-called "victims" are no saints. Why get upset over this shit?

by Anonymousreply 181June 19, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote]So whats the answer [R175] ? Fire all the cops and just let people steal what they want ?

No, moron; the answer is to screen candidates more carefully before they become cops, train them properly once they have joined the force, and make sure they can handle arresting a shoplifter without threatening to murder him in front of his toddler children.

by Anonymousreply 182June 19, 2019 4:56 AM

[quote] So in other words, black people simply can't be held responsible for what they do

No. You’re the only one who said that. Nobody else has ....not even “in other words.”

by Anonymousreply 183June 19, 2019 5:01 AM

r182 it's not that simple. Comedian Gary Owen had an interesting take on this when all the shit started with Michael Brown. He was a military policeman, is white, but has a black wife and kids. One of his points (paraphrased) was that cops react more aggressively in high-crime areas because they have to-for their safety and the public's. Over time, it just becomes a product of the area.

They were stealing, IIRC the male had a suspended license and the woman had warrants. That, and the area, will determine cops' response. They had the info on the family, and even if the officers over-reacted, it's not as pearl clutchingly abusive as some posters on here are making it.

by Anonymousreply 184June 19, 2019 5:28 AM

"That, and the area, will determine cops' response."

Which is the problem, as demonstrated by the video. Its It's a problem that needs fixing. Anyone who is reasonable and is capable of abstract thought sees this.

by Anonymousreply 185June 19, 2019 7:31 AM

r185 do you mean the problem is it's a high crime area, and they were criminals, or that their response was the main issue?

The cops know it's bullshit, but they'd like to survive their shifts intact. It's also beyond their pay grade. They are expected to be social workers and psychiatric assessors in the middle of serious, daily gun violence.

And I'm in no way implying that there aren't roid-laden TAC wannabes who should not be in law enforcement (or racists, for that matter, but even PoC will react that way in those places).

by Anonymousreply 186June 19, 2019 8:20 AM

R186 both. Lastly, while we all know that police are nessesary, those men chose the job, they weren't forced. If it's too much for a man he should look elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2019 10:51 AM

Shoplifting is punishable by execution in the US now? Y’all are insane

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2019 11:07 AM

Only when the shoplifter is black r188.

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2019 1:35 PM

So the last 2 posters just refuse to get that whole "cause and effect" thing apparently.

by Anonymousreply 190June 20, 2019 2:14 PM

Abstract thinking really isn't your strong suit is it, r190?

by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2019 2:18 PM

Yes.. it's the control and power.. some really get off on that part, especially the power. It's a deep seated insecurity and hate. The over-the-top reaction of many cops is getting very scary.

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote] So the last 2 posters just refuse to get that whole "cause and effect" thing apparently.

Appears to me that they both clearly expressed disgust at the idea that when shoplifting (by a black person) is the cause, execution is a justified effect.

by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2019 3:00 PM

Whenever I need a reminder that white gay are just as racist as their straight counterparts, I just read though a datalounge thread.

What the fuck is a high crime area anyway?

As an example. Federal Hill in Baltimore is a place where white junkies loiter all day selling and doing drugs yet for some reason it's not considered a high crime area. Gee I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2019 3:06 PM

And yet r193 someone like Dylan Roof can murder 9 Black people in a Church and he gets arrested without harm Even though the police knew he was both armed and willing to shoot. Not only did he not get shot but the police bought him Burger King. So clearly they can show restraint when they want and to whom they want.

by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2019 3:12 PM

[quote] [R182] it's not that simple.

My ideas were not simple. Screening and properly training cops would be a challenge, and wouldn't always work out perfectly, of course, but would be a step in the right direction.

As for your other thoughts, you're making a lot of assumptions. Was this area actually a high-crime area? Did the cops even know that the guys's license was suspended and there were warrants out for the woman's arrest? Even if yes, they did know, and yes, it was a high crime area, part of good training would be that you don't lose your shit and start threatening to shoot parents in front of their young children because they (maybe) committed a nonviolent and petty crime such as misdemeanor shoplifting in a high-crime area or because you happen to know that they've done some other petty bullshit like driving a car on a suspended license.

by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2019 3:14 PM

I steal because I need food to eat.

This family steals even though they can afford a mega-SUV the size of a tank.

by Anonymousreply 197June 23, 2019 11:41 PM

Thanks, R170, for the info.

I get all that. And I assumed they were stealing. I also assumed the language used in front of the children.

HOWEVER, all that matters is whether the proper protocol was used by the police. It doesn't matter if the suspect being stopped ran a stop sign or stole, no matter what they stole.

If the suspects cooperate with the police there should be no problems. Once there is a failure to cooperate (failing to stop when signaled to do so, failing to get out of the car when ordered to do so, failure to show hands, ect.) then the police are trained to escalate the encounter until they get compliance. Once non-cooperation is manifest there is a mental check list - are they armed? are they hiding contraband? ect - now the thinking is if they won't show their hands is it because they are holding a weapon? That heightens the cops' radar and they go into survival mode. Yes, they have to restrain themselves but their thinking goes into overdrive. That leads to misperceptions and mistakes and overkill.

I would not that job. Not ever.

They definitely should not have used foul language. But other than that I'm not sure what else you do with suspects who are not cooperating except forcefully order them out of the car. Pulling weapons on non-cooperating suspects is not extreme.

by Anonymousreply 198June 23, 2019 11:57 PM

Cops administrating their own brand of 'street justice.

Note overreaction: See Sandra Bland, Labuan McDonald. Both Black people and many more shot in cold blood.

by Anonymousreply 199June 24, 2019 10:44 AM

^meant Laquan McDonald^

I cannot find a single example of a white person being shot due to police overeacting.

by Anonymousreply 200June 24, 2019 10:47 AM

R200 I can find a single example of a white person being shot due to police overeacting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 25, 2019 4:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!