Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Concentration Camps, funded by US taxpayer dollars.

We're handing immigrant camps at the SW border over to the military, with no oversight.

Just read this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 2, 2019 12:12 AM

R1: back at ya, Adolf.

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2019 11:30 PM

[quote]Fuck you OP, fuck you in the ass with a taco.

And a tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2019 11:30 PM

I believe EVERY WORD!

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2019 11:30 PM

F&F the hateful, Trump-fellating sonofabitch at R1.

They're not trying to enter the country ILLEGALLY, you fucking heartless Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2019 11:34 PM

The treatment is currently appalling, and it's by design. (most likely under the direction of Stephen Miller). And the entire operation is being handed over to the military, completely out of sight from the public eye.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong??

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2019 11:39 PM

Yes they are moron at R5

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2019 11:39 PM

I already have OP on block, so I can't block her again, or this thread. Please do your part, Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2019 11:40 PM

R5 OHHHH really?? Then why don't they have the proper papers? If I owned a stored and wanted to charge you for my merchandise, would you still call me a Nazi? Do you even know what Nazism is?

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2019 11:40 PM

The fact that you want to use the concept of concentration camps is odious, OP, but thanks for telegraphing that you're both lying and blithely offending real KZ victims. Are the internees beaten and forced to work sun-up to sundown? Are their heads shaved ? Are they fed bread with sawdust in it? Are they gassed at at any point? And R5 your FFs don't make the lie go away.

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2019 11:40 PM

Thank you, r10.

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2019 11:41 PM

[quote]Mexicans know they are crossing illegally a

I thought these migrants were Central American, Caribbean, and South American.

by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2019 11:43 PM

R1, I assume ya’ll are reacting to the use of the phrase “concentration camp” by the OP. This is most certainly a concentration camp. It was during WWII for Japanese-Americans and it is today.

The US Holocaust Museum says:

[quote]The term concentration camp refers to a camp in which people are detained or confined, usually under harsh conditions and without regard to legal norms of arrest and imprisonment that are acceptable in a constitutional democracy.

by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2019 11:43 PM

Nobody said the treatment of people trying to enter the US was "all fine and dandy", but to compare it to the Holocaust is what is going to make our Democratic party lose the election again.

by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2019 11:43 PM

R14 it is comparable because the intentions of the Trump administration is to treat them as if they were in concentration camps. He wants to hurt them.

by Anonymousreply 15June 13, 2019 11:45 PM

Torture of human beings is ILLIIGITEMATE AND EVIL no matter what the circumstances, Psycho Morons on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2019 11:46 PM

[quote]The fact that you want to use the concept of concentration camps is odious, OP, but thanks for telegraphing that you're both lying and blithely offending real KZ victims.

How am I lying about something that hasn't happened? If you don't think the potential for mass killings is there, you're obviously not paying attention.

[quote]Are the internees beaten and forced to work sun-up to sundown? Are their heads shaved ? Are they fed bread with sawdust in it? Are they gassed at at any point?

Erm, no. Nobody said this kind of abuse has happened.

Yet.

Don't put words in my mouth, you pathetic Nazi cunt.

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2019 11:46 PM

R1 Actually ... yes, we were.

Congress prohibited Jews from entering starting in the 1930s. Hundreds of thousands were turned away, including the rather famous SS St Louis incident. Guess which party controlled Congress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote]Erm, no. Nobody said this kind of abuse has happened. Yet. Don't put words in my mouth, you pathetic Nazi cunt.

You put the words in your mouth: "concentration camp."

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2019 11:50 PM

Don’t like the accommodations? Don’t fucking show up at the border expecting to be taken in and taken care of. Just fuck off with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 20June 13, 2019 11:50 PM

Do not argue with the Trump trolls, jut block them. They know horrible things are happening to these migrants. They just don't care.

If they really care about immigration, they would be asking the Trump administration for expedite deportation, as it happen under Obama. However, they don't want that. They want to torture those migrants that are coming from Central America, Haiti,Cuba, and of course bonus points if some of them are Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 21June 13, 2019 11:51 PM

[quote]Nobody said the treatment of people trying to enter the US was "all fine and dandy", but to compare it to the Holocaust is what is going to make our Democratic party lose the election again.

Uh-huh. You're just fine with sticking children in cages, like every other "liberal" "Democrat".

*rolls eyes*

I guess the Breitbart trolls just got out of detention.

by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2019 11:51 PM

Ohhhhh and it's "Mr. Trump" that is at fault for this?? Just like when Obama was president, it was his fault. Get educated people. Your president doesn't run this country no matter who he is.

by Anonymousreply 23June 13, 2019 11:54 PM

R17 is a racist Nazi!!!!

by Anonymousreply 24June 13, 2019 11:57 PM

Texas Monthly got access and photos...

Rosendorf said he was able to spend almost fifteen minutes talking to the detained migrants until Border Patrol and CBP officials discovered him and ordered him to leave. The CBP official acknowledged that “staffing shortfalls and conflicts” allowed the government professor to wander through what is supposed to be a secure area. “Unfortunately, this was a rare instance where there was a breakdown in communication and area coverage/relief was not as seamless as it should have been. Local leadership is addressing this issue,” the official said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 13, 2019 11:57 PM

[quote]Ohhhhh and it's "Mr. Trump" that is at fault for this??

Yes he is Boris. It's ok though, I don't think they teach US Government in Russian schools. We are not expecting you to know the ins and outs of our government.

by Anonymousreply 26June 13, 2019 11:59 PM

[quote]I already have OP on block, so I can't block her again, or this thread. Please do your part, Dataloungers.

I'm confused. You've blocked me and you're tracking my posts because?...

I guess my self-esteem will survive yet another gay shitposting Trumpanzee.

by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2019 12:01 AM

Wingnut homosexuals (and Stephen MIller, but I repeat myself) don't begin to understand this, but maltreating children like this gets people with kids [bold]INSANELY[/bold] angry.

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote] but maltreating children like this gets people with kids INSANELY angry.

Deplorable people?

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2019 12:37 AM

[quote]Deplorable people?

Non-psychotics, so not them, no.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2019 12:39 AM

This is what we do, OP. Frequently.

We kept large numbers of Japanese Americans behind barbed wire in concentration camps during WWII, also smaller numbers of German Americans and Italian Americans.

We kept HIV+ Haitians behind razor wire in a prison camp on Guantanamo in the early 1990's. And now we're keeping Latinos in cages. If you want to be angry about it, you've got good reason. But what's going on at the southern border is not the worst thing our government has done in our name. We do this shit all the time.

Don't even get me started on conditions in American prisons. (Yes, they are convicted criminals. No, they do not deserve the hellish conditions many of them are kept under.)

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2019 2:16 AM

[quote]But what's going on at the southern border is not the worst thing our government has done in our name.

Not yet anyways.

They're locking them down under military guard with no civilian oversight. The potential for this to descend into abuse, torture and worse is more than abundant.

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2019 2:28 AM

They've been repeatedly warned not to come here, that they aren't wanted here, and it could be dangerous. They are not entitled to five star facilities.

They invade our country and knowingly put their children in danger because there may be a big payola at the end- food stamps, housing vouchers, free medical care, public schools, all at taxpayer expense. Also, the prisons here are better than in their home countries, so they have no qualms about committing crimes against native-born Americans, with the blessing of the Democrat Party.

Spare us the illegal alien sob stories.

by Anonymousreply 33June 14, 2019 2:51 AM

[quote]They invade our country and knowingly put their children in danger because there may be a big payola at the end- food stamps, housing vouchers, free medical care, public schools, all at taxpayer expense. Also, the prisons here are better than in their home countries, so they have no qualms about committing crimes against native-born Americans, with the blessing of the Democrat Party.

I'm sorely disappointed you weren't able to squeeze an MS-13 reference into your tired boilerplate horseshit, none of which bears any connection to planet earth.

And it's [bold]Democratic[/bold] party to you, oh sucker of Rush Limbaugh's hairy anal polyps.

by Anonymousreply 34June 14, 2019 4:45 AM

R1 = Turmpster

- New poll shows six top Democratic candidates beating Trump

[quote]Fake news. These type of polls are just ludicrous!

[quote]The Washington Post???? The Washington Post??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[quote]Hey R101 maybe you can talk about the poll for Marianne Williamson gaining ground too!

by Anonymousreply 35June 14, 2019 4:54 AM

Can we have an actual article on this and not some tweet-bait "YOU MUST READ THIS! LIKE AND SHARE!" nonsense?

Too many pretend liberals on Twitter exaggerate or make unsubstantiated claims for attention. We already know Trump wants to turn the border over to the military, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 36June 14, 2019 4:56 AM

People who arrive at a border gate in the US asking for ASYLUM are NOT illegal aliens. Some of the posters above are too stupid to live. Illegal aliens are those people who are dumped off in the desert, miles from a border gate, who make a run for it under cover of night, or people who come on tourist visas and overstay their visits, disappearing into the anonymity of big cities. People who apply for asylum by showing up at a border gate are NOT illegal aliens. There is supposed to be a process for evaluating their claims of conditions so terrible in their home countries that their lives are in danger, while they are held in humane conditions awaiting a hearing. That process has been destroyed by Trump - and OP's twitter link is but one example.

by Anonymousreply 37June 14, 2019 5:12 AM

They are Asylum seekers. Absolutely NOTHING illegal about asylum seekers.

These are concentration camps. This is ethnic cleansing. This is genocide.

by Anonymousreply 38June 14, 2019 5:15 AM

What R37 says is basically true, but there's the problem of an important missing detail or 2. The border crossers have been taught to ask for asylum when they cross in order to receive preferential treatment, so they all do so. In an unfortunate bureaucratic contradiction, these random border crossers are now taking precedence over asylees who made their applications according to the law and procedure. And now there are so many seekers - hundreds of thousands - that verifying their claims and processing their entry has become an overwhelming task and the system for doing so is breaking down.

Explaining this is in no manner intended to defend current practices or the current administration. But many of you opine in a kneejerk fashion that the whole border fiasco is a consequence of Trump's and America's racism. It's really more a logistics issue. There isn't enough housing for all the asylum seekers. There aren't enough bureaucrats to record and verify their claims. There aren't enough judges to try their cases. This is a refugee crisis, and worldwide, refugee camps are miserable places for everybody involved.

The only other options are to force asylum seekers back across the border. Mexico doesn't want them. Or, they can be released into the general population until their hearings are completed. But everybody understood they will never show up for their hearings, and it is known that at least some of these applicants are criminals.

It's really a mess and citizens will have to come to terms with the vastness and complexity of the current problem. It's not a matter of setting an extra plate at dinner. It's more like 500,000 plates are needed.

Compare this to a story I read about Canada's asylum seekers crossing the US border. Last year they had about 10,000 people cross in the entire year. They'd only processed about 8% of these in the story I read, just a few hundred. They approve most requests, but we're talking a few hundred people vs a few hundred thousand. Canada has one tenth the population of the US but only about one fiftieth the number of asylum seekers.

I'd like to see you find food, shelter, caseworkers, attorneys and judges for more than a half million guests on your doorstep.

by Anonymousreply 39June 14, 2019 7:04 AM

Oh for god's sake, R39 Border crossings are at an historic low.

We didn't put people in concentration camps when immigration was at record highs. Detention is not jail, you fucking fool. It's administrative holding until immigration cases are adjudged.

Trump has not funded immigration judges, he has destroyed points of entry, and corporations like GEO are making bank housing asylum seekers. John Kelly now sits on the board of directors. So that should tell u what this is about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 14, 2019 7:53 AM

The GOP refuses to fund courts and appropriate holding centers, and purposely creates delays and harsh conditions as a deterrent, then prosecutes those who give water to immigrants, then the little GOP minions go from forum to forum saying the government just can't handle all the people and we're mean and stupid for expecting them to.

Yeah, I think if the government can manage the logistics of apprehending and prosecuting a doctor for giving humanitarian aid, they can manage the logistics of improving the bureaucracy that asylum seekers must navigate.

by Anonymousreply 41June 14, 2019 10:06 AM

[quote]Can we have an actual article on this and not some tweet-bait "YOU MUST READ THIS! LIKE AND SHARE!" nonsense?

If you bothered to read the thread you'd know there's been radio silence on these border camps because journalists have been totally shut out. Shifting them to military control will just intensify that problem.

But if it helps to have Savannah Guthrie explain it to you, we'll get right on that.

by Anonymousreply 42June 14, 2019 12:13 PM

R39, is speaking calmly but what they are saying is a load of LIES. Lies wrapped in a bit of dispassionate rhetoric are still LIES.

by Anonymousreply 43June 14, 2019 12:13 PM

If only they would have remained in their own countries . . .

by Anonymousreply 44June 14, 2019 12:21 PM

R43 As opposed to hyperbolic horseshit eh Tone?

by Anonymousreply 45June 14, 2019 12:23 PM

R45, it’s incumbent upon those who make such strong declarations as R39 to proved proof that what they say is true, particularly when it flies in the face of fact.

They did not because they cannot.

by Anonymousreply 46June 14, 2019 12:38 PM

It's not LIES R43. It's like this. Yes, total border crossings are "down." If by down you mean they're down to about 30,000 a month, or over a half million in 2017. That's a lot of people.

However, asylum requests are way, way, up. Something like 50, 60 times what they were a few years ago. Mostly from Central American asylum seekers.

International treaties entitle the US to verify people's claims for asylum. We aren't obligated to wave people in.

I am not defending Trump's administration. But this is a trainwreck even if you take him and Sessions out of the picture. Trump does a great job at making himself look terrible. But any sitting president I suspect, dealing with this situation, would still have a PR problem.

The real, real problem is that the people who do this stuff everyday, Customs for instance? 90% of them would like to do well by these asylees. But now with all the new applicants, there's all this new makeshift infrastructure and contract hiring, and it's not good quality. And there are a lot of shortcuts taken, leading to more poor outcomes.

American gov't agencies (customs and immigration, eg) are good at deflecting the whims of sitting administrations and keeping things moving along. They actually have some pride of purpose and in their work. But again, overwhelmed, underresourced. Typical.

The root problem of this is that any US public service that provides basic services is usually shit. Think about the entirety of our welfare system. Housing, food, medical care. All mediocre to poor quality.

Yes I'm dispassionate. But that helps one look at things carefully and not overreact or react to the wrong things.

by Anonymousreply 47June 14, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote]The border crossers have been taught to ask for asylum when they cross in order to receive preferential treatment, so they all do so.

R39, your ridiculous claim is as stupid as it is [bold]false[/bold]. You are clearly hinting that advocacy groups are schooling migrants to lie about asylum status when only a small percentage actually seek council, which is mandated by international law. You need to stop watching Fox News my dear.

I am very disappointed with the older Cuban community. For god sake these are your countrymen ! Why are you on the fence about this issue? Wouldn't it be better to advocate for expedite deportations instead of shipping your own people into some forsaken camp ?? Awful people, it must be the water in Florida that turns everyone crazy.

by Anonymousreply 48June 14, 2019 4:36 PM

We know where these migrants are coming from. On its face, any asylum claim from Honduras or Venezuela or Guatemala is credible. We know the conditions in those countries. What is not credible is leaving out those facts when composing one's propaganda. If anyone shows up on our southern border claiming asylum and they have any sort of documentation to prove they are from any of the countries embroiled in civil strife and unrest, then they have an asylum claim. Claim. That's it. They will still have to go througha process to prove that claim. Some will do so. Some will not. But it is an important process, unworthy of being shit on by the cheap rhetoric of someone like R47.

The only person who has been standing in front of the world press screaming about how easy it is to claim Asylum is Unindicted Don, Brokeahontas, Pee Brain himself. If the numbers are up, he is the obvious culprit. He's the one falsely claiming - time and again - that Asylum is easy.

by Anonymousreply 49June 14, 2019 4:51 PM

And you don't like - and I don't like - that governments are prosecuting people for leaving water and food out for border crossers. But again, there's a flip side to this that needs to be paid attention to.

Many of the border crossers are paying their way by being drug mules, mostly heroin, fentanyl and crystal meth these days. Phoenix has become a major distribution hub for these drugs, across the USA.

The drug transporters can't be easily caught because they straggle in a few at a time, but by the dozens per day. If you were in Phoenix, you'd see how common, cheap, and pure the drugs are here. Lucky Phoenix. The drugs are not all coming in on foot, of course. But it's one important source.

The no-watering policy has to do with trying to stop people from crossing the border illegally, carrying drugs, and facilitating the human smuggling industry. You all need to stop thinking all these border crossers are merely looking for a job in construction or agriculture.

These aren't Cubans in the new asylum camps, R48. Cubans don't have to request asylum. The Cuban Refugee Adjustment Act allows them to get green cards after living in the US for a year, no asylum request needed. These are central Americans crossing the border from California to Texas. The most recent stats I can find show that over 130,000 Latin Americans applied for asylum in 2016, a huge increase over previous years, such as fewer than 9000 in 2009.

You're naive if you think the only reason this situation is a mess is simply because racism. It's because it's a fuck-ton of people, and providing these complex services to tens of thousands of people is truly difficult.

Finally, the concentration camp analogy is poor. Concentration camps are, in the public mind, places were Jews were sent to be starved and gassed. That is not what is going on here, and the comparison is insulting to people who were victimized in this way.

The solution is to increase and improve infrastructure and to vote Trump and other republicans out of office. But there is no immediate solution at hand and the MARY rhetoric does nothing but alienate reasonable people who might actually want to think about and tackle these issues.

If you think the US is bad, be sure to check out the way Australia handles undocumented migrants.

by Anonymousreply 50June 14, 2019 5:04 PM

You cannot allow every unknown cunt from any country to waltz over and do whatever s/he wants. This is literally the foundation of a nation, borders and security. Real normal people are not going to tolerate increasing taxes to pay for foreigners that never contributed anything other than crime, diseases and an increasingly foreign locality. They will be drawn towards anyone that say 'fuck that, lets deal with this shit' and the solutions won't be UN approved. I swear some of you over sensitive people would cry and protest for the rights of the enemy in the even of an oldschool real war.

Either deal with that reality and adapt to thrive, or continue to call anyone that disagrees mean words in the hopes your past success in throwing insults at people to get them to back down gets replicated.

by Anonymousreply 51June 14, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]Either deal with that reality and adapt to thrive, or continue to call anyone that disagrees mean words in the hopes your past success in throwing insults at people to get them to back down gets replicated.

Your racism is a reality of your own making, not what it's actually happening in the real world. Here you are complaining about the increasing of taxes because we have to deal with the migrant crisis, yet you appear not to acknowledge that the reason we have a crisis in our border, which is costing us tax payers a lot of money apart from creating human rights abuses, is that this is a self-created crisis from our own president.

Why have 85% of these people, the rate of deportation of migrant detainees, not been deported back to their country of origin ??? Why are we creating costly detention camps where human rights atrocities are taking place instead of deporting them which is a much cheaper and efficient way of dealing with an excessive influx of migrants? The fact that you are not entertaining these thoughts is pretty telling of the awful person you are. You want these people to suffer. You want these children to experience sexual abuse and emotional abuse. It's your way of punishing them because deep down you hate them.

Hon, at least have the balls to say you want this to happen, and your feelings have nothing to do with worrying about immigrants entering the border states. Chances are you probably don't even care about those states.

by Anonymousreply 52June 14, 2019 6:02 PM

[quote]These aren't Cubans in the new asylum camps, [R48]. Cubans don't have to request asylum. The Cuban Refugee Adjustment Act allows them to get green cards after living in the US for a year, no asylum request needed. These are central Americans crossing the border from California to Texas.

Cubans are entering from Mexico, many which are currently detained in migrant camps.

by Anonymousreply 53June 14, 2019 6:13 PM

Free country for everyone. We will not rest until the US population becomes 2 billions and has poverty rate up to 75%.

by Anonymousreply 54June 14, 2019 6:17 PM

[quote]Free country for everyone. We will not rest until the US population becomes 2 billions and has poverty rate up to 75%.

R54, apparently you really believe that because by keeping them here (in camps) instead of deporting them you are giving them a free living.

by Anonymousreply 55June 14, 2019 6:21 PM

Cubans are literally permitted legal residency from the moment they arrive. If they come into the country by any means and do not get apprehended at the border, after remaining in the US for one year, they automatically qualify for a green card.

The only way a Cuban ends up in a camp is by crossing the border illegally and getting caught. They are also released from custody if they are sponsored by a Cuban settlement agency, and so far as I know, this is still common. I mentioned in the foreign language thread a friend who was the client of one of these agencies. Unfortunately he fucked it up so badly he had to return to Cuba.

His refugee agency paid for his airfare from Cuba to the US, ostensibly on an education visa. However, the plan was for him to remain and be supported by the refugee program for 3 years until he could get on his feet. There is no penalty for Cubans overstaying a visa. They are entitled to a green card after one year of US residency regardless of means of entry.

He was provided a job, medical care, English classes and subsidized housing. But near the 3-year mark, he had not learned English, flunked out of his management training program, and was soon to lose his agency housing. And he was homesick. So he went back to Cuba.

by Anonymousreply 56June 14, 2019 6:30 PM

R53, find some real numbers from reputable sources to back your claim that there are lots of Cubans in these asylum camps.

by Anonymousreply 57June 14, 2019 6:35 PM

R57, even the David Koch-funded, libertarian Cato Institute is talking about the large numbers of Cubans trying to cross the southern border.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 14, 2019 6:46 PM

How hysterical that the Trump Reprobates nervously citing their immigrant statistics fail to mentiin the $70,000- $90, 000 a year these private prison contractors make from the Federal government housing each one of these migrants; the thousands of empty border guard positions that have gone unfilled, and like-wise the vacancies in the judicial positions to help process all these asylum cases. Do the Neo-cons imagine impoverished migrants in Central America heard Sessions stern warnings about punitive measures regarding parental separation in U.S. Border Facilities taking places on their 52-inch LCD screen T.V. streaming 24 hr cable news from either Faux News or MSNBC?? Why In Fact did the Trump Administration fail to pass any landmark Immigration legislation to halt RECORD NUMBERS of migrants from coming to our borders? No end to Birthright Citizenship? No offers of Seasonal Labor permits? Questions, Questions. What happened to Trump's sudden boldness with " "Executive Action"? He could close the border tomorrow or order all the migrants held in these cages released and turned away immediately, back to their homes. Nah. Too many People making money and Suffering.

by Anonymousreply 59June 14, 2019 6:52 PM

r54, your racism and lack of basic geography is showing. The ENTIRE population of central America (Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala and El Salvador) is about 35 million. If EVERY single citizen of those countries came to the US (a very unlikely scenario), it would boost our population to 350,000,000 from 315, 000,000 - which would be a big influx and extremely difficult but not impossible to manage. What we are REALLY talking about in the current situation is perhaps 300,000 new US citizens, over the next several years, which is really not a huge increase for us to absorb. Just to give some sort of context, the US grows by about 2,500,000/year between births and immigration. Since the white (and black) population of the US is actually in decline because of a birth rate below replacement level, it is the immigration and relatively high birthrates of recently arrived Latinos and Asians that is keeping our country growing, albeit rather slowly. (Remember that the first baby boomers are now dying off, and that will accelerate over the next 15 years). Our economy is predicated on ever-growing population, because that is the nature of industrial capitalism. (more people buying more things). In an ideal world, we would accept these new immigrants freely, but make them settle in areas of the US which are rapidly depopulating - the Great Plains, large swaths of rural America - and not allow them to settle in overcrowded coastal cities. However, there is no mechanism in place to help them settle in rural America.

by Anonymousreply 60June 14, 2019 7:04 PM

Again, for the back row who missed it. Immigration is at the lowest it's been in a decade.

We didn't have these horrific conditions when immigration was higher, under Bush, and Obama.

We have a huge humanitarian crisis and concentration camps now.

This is a trump created crisis. He has not funded immigration courts, he has closed entry points, he has increased the bed mandate, among other things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 14, 2019 7:16 PM

[R60] It's your racism and lack of basic common sense is showing. The US has immigrants from all over the world not just Latin America whether they came legally or illegally. The majority of them are from India, Philippines, central america, China, and now Africa is going to be the next big one. The world will have 10 billion people in 2050, do anyone really think US alone having 1 billion people in it would be impossible? Even Canada has a lobbyist organization advocating to up their population to 200 millions from the current 30 millions.

by Anonymousreply 62June 14, 2019 7:20 PM

These people making false asylum claims are here for the free stuff and to commit crimes. 90% of them never show up for their court dates.

The Trump Administration has no good options. The border patrol is so overwhelmed with false asylum seekers that it's not possible to process them in a timely manner. If this continues, the vetting system may collapse. And that's the point. The people finding these faux asylum seekers want the system to collapse and for the U.S. to be invaded my millions of third world invaders. George Soros and the Democrat Party are behind this.

Congress could end this in two hours by changing the asylum laws. But Democrats in Congress reflexively oppose any such changes.

by Anonymousreply 63June 14, 2019 10:22 PM

[quote]The Trump Administration has no good options. The border patrol is so overwhelmed with false asylum seekers that it's not possible to process them in a timely manner. If this continues, the vetting system may collapse. And that's the point. The people finding these faux asylum seekers want the system to collapse and for the U.S. to be invaded my millions of third world invaders. George Soros and the Democrat Party are behind this.

Yes they do.

We have had worst batches in the recent past, under Obama and Bush Jr. They had no problem deporting record number of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers. The difference is that their administrations did not worked to create and stall the immigration process to win elections.

by Anonymousreply 64June 14, 2019 10:29 PM

The 'collapse of vetting system' is simply going to be a complete 'fuck off to every single one of you' kind of thing. Most people truly do not give a fuck about the UN or international human rights once it starts costing them their safe areas and their taxes. I've personally seen more and more people wishing for armed men to just shoot everyone trying to cross on sight, something that I didn't really hear out loud in my area before.

Nobody is going to sit back and go 'welp the courts failed best we let them all in otherwise we'll get a UN fingerwagging from saudi arabia.

by Anonymousreply 65June 14, 2019 10:35 PM

[quote]You cannot allow every unknown cunt from any country to waltz over and do whatever s/he wants. This is literally the foundation of a nation, borders and security.

You just described the origins of 95% of the population of the US, but I guess those rules don't apply to white people.

[quote]Most people truly do not give a fuck about the UN or international human rights once it starts costing them their safe areas and their taxes.

Oh honey. Your tax refund last year went to billionaires. Why don't you start shooting them?

About the only thing we can agree on - people are going to get killed. The difference is that I give a fuck about innocent people getting shot, and you psycho Trumpanzees...don't.

by Anonymousreply 66June 15, 2019 12:34 AM

Worth pointing out for the cheap seats again that the highest number of deportations happened under President Obama.

by Anonymousreply 67June 15, 2019 12:36 AM

R47 You've never actually worked for any of the agencies that are part of DHS, have you.

Holy shit. When I worked there in the 80s, agents were frequently arrested for killing civilians. I remember one where the agent was drunk driving. He hit and killed a pregnant woman in a shopping center parking lot. There was another time I was on my way to the west coast for meeting with what was then INS. We were at the airport about to board when we got a call not to board the plane. Turns out 3 of the people we were to meet with had been arrested by Justice.

That was *before* 63 agencies were all rolled into the single largest civilian agency that is not a law enforcement agency, has no police authority but struts around with guns and badges. They've built the largest civilian headquarters in the federal government, while smaller than the Pentagon is considerably larger than any other federal agency's. It's completely out of control.

by Anonymousreply 68June 15, 2019 2:44 AM

R56 Not quite true. That mostly expired under the Obama administration, which was deeply unpopular with the greedy, sanctimonious Cubans in Florida who seem to think the world owes them a country all their own - and it's called Florida.

The previous policy, nicknamed "wet foot/dry foot" provided for Cubans to obtain asylum provided they came into the US directly from Cuba and put a single hand or foot on American soil. Cross transit from Canada or Mexico weren't allowed. The policy was rolled back which led to the usual bitching and screaming.

Frankly, the damn cubans in Florida should have been deported for the hazmats they are. If the rest of Central America isn't welcome here, they shouldn't be either. Their nasty racism against Puerto Ricans, who are Americans is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 69June 15, 2019 2:48 AM

90% of all central American asylum seekers don't show up to their asylum hearings if they're turned loose. Is that the action of someone who seeks legitimate asylum?

by Anonymousreply 70June 16, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote]Free country for everyone. We will not rest until the US population becomes 2 billions and has poverty rate up to 75%.

The deeper irony here is that this was quite obviously not written by a native speaker of English.

Which begs the deeper question of why a troll with a limited grasp of American English is shitposting about immigration posing as Charlie Yankee Doodle White Boy USA?

by Anonymousreply 71June 16, 2019 2:41 AM

Oh, for fuck's sake, R71. That quote is NOT "obviously not written by a native speakerof English." It seems to me far more likely to be a troll post, composed by someone whose English skills are quite good. It sounds very much like June Foray speaking it as Natasha. Since she died two years ago, it's not her. But the voice lives on.

by Anonymousreply 72June 16, 2019 12:46 PM

[quote]90% of all central American asylum seekers don't show up to their asylum hearings if they're turned loose.

It's the other way around. Two thirds show up at their asylum hearings if they're turned loose. That number rises to 90% if the asylum seekers are families with children, which most of these are. And to nearly 99% if they have people guiding them through the process, a program that the Obama administration provided and that Trump canceled.

So yes, these are absolutely the actions of people who are "legitimately seeking asylum."

by Anonymousreply 73June 16, 2019 1:47 PM

[quote]R43 As opposed to hyperbolic horseshit eh Tone?

Well, gee let's look at some of your own posts, shall we?

[quote]20 candidates and not one is qualified for the office of President.

[quote]R153 adopts the same empty-headed decision-making processes as the Germans in 1932.

[quote]R156 Germans with your mindless stupidity voted in Hitler.

[quote]Warren is a bigoted, hypocritical cunt. As are those who support her.

No hyperbole there. Clearly.

by Anonymousreply 74June 16, 2019 1:50 PM

[quote]But any sitting president I suspect, dealing with this situation, would still have a PR problem.

Other sitting presidents would actually do something about the problem instead of explicitly ruling out tactics that would help, taking advantage of the problem for political purposes, and actively pursuing tactics to make things worse. This is all on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 75June 16, 2019 1:53 PM

R74 CLEARLY Tone, you need to look up the word "hyperbole". But let's take two of those ERRONEOUS examples you've posted.

[quote]Warren is a bigoted, hypocritical cunt. As are those who support her.

[quote]20 candidates and not one is qualified for the office of President.

Warren won't do an interview with Fox because she deems it a "hate-for-profit racket" and "a megaphone to racists and conspiracists”. Yet she has no problem courting the Bigot Sharpton. As have 20 other Dem candidates for President who joined the Parade of Shame by auditioning for the Bigot Sharpton at his NAW meeting. Ergo, the "not one is qualified etc."

Understand the difference now? Tone?

by Anonymousreply 76June 16, 2019 2:11 PM

[quote]Oh, for fuck's sake, [R71]. That quote is NOT "obviously not written by a native speakerof English."

Uh-huh. Sure, Jan.

So who appointed you the line judge of Guess the Poster's Intentions? Does special HTML code pop up on your computer signalling that the poster is writing in an ironic tone?

by Anonymousreply 77June 16, 2019 5:56 PM

So the gay Nazis of Datalounge have an ally in noted civil rights activist Liz Cheney.

[quote]Please @AOC do us all a favor and spend just a few minutes learning some actual history. 6 million Jews were exterminated in the Holocaust. You demean their memory and disgrace yourself with comments like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2019 11:02 PM

AOC lives up to expectations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2019 5:06 PM

This is exactly the definition of concentration camp.

Just as the phrase says: Concentration (of people) camp.

The fact that we may not be officially killing them off has not bearing on the definition of the word.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2019 8:12 PM

Just let them all in. Fuck it. Let the US go to shit and we'll have another civil war.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2019 8:12 PM

[quote] Worth pointing out for the cheap seats again that the highest number of deportations happened under President Obama.

So?

He did what the law said. He actually hired justices to adjudicate these cases at the border. Trump has not, so there's a huge backlog, making it look like a worse crisis than it really is. Obama didn't separate families--he didn't rip any 4 month olds from their parents.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2019 8:14 PM

Worth sharing, but not my words:

Palantir's co-founder, Peter Thiel, has his roots with big data as he's been involved from the start with Facebook, Cambridge Analytica, AIQ, SCL, Mercer's, Nix, Bannon, and Flynn. This is not just any Silicon Valley software ap. It's a MASSIVE DATA operation, and I'm betting it's being used globally where other border crises exist, or any work that Erik Prince is doing as he and Peter have common ties with the likes of Dana Rohrabacher, et al.

Palantir has a $36million big data contract with CIA. On paper it's called "Unaccompanied Alien Children Human Smuggling Disruption Initiative" which was meant to prevent human & sex trafficking with unaccompanied minors because it targeted parents, families, relatives and sponsors of the child. So all of this data was gathered to share with ICE, other special agents, EROs (enforcement removal operations), intel, and using that data to determine how to handle each unaccompanied minor was handled at the border. Palantir's app was then used to hunt down family, sponsors, relatives, and arrest anyone "out of status". This was BEFORE the family separation policy.

Gathering the data, the Trump admin could "plan" and gear up the massive money making operation for detention centers & deportation interests & likely adoption centers that are owned by the DeVos family.

LET THIS SINK IN:

1. Palantir using sophisticated BIG DATA on unaccompanied minors, parents, families, and sponsors...yet...the Trump administration has NO IDEA HOW TO MATCH CHILDREN WITH THEIR PARENTS? IMHO, that is 100% a lie. A copout. Because Palantir can figure that stuff out in a heart beat, especially with the data ties they have to Cambridge Analytica and essentially access to ALL Facebook accounts globally (very likely that Russia has a copy of every single Facebook account globally).

2. Putin is running the border crisis. He's (1) provoking it and (2) demanding payment through the wall.

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2019 8:19 PM

We 100% have concentration camps on our border. It's an enormous shame on us as a nation.

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2019 8:40 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever blocked so many people on a single thread before.

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2019 8:54 PM

"Children are not entitled to soap" -- US government

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 21, 2019 3:11 AM

[quote]Just let them all in. Fuck it. Let the US go to shit and we'll have another civil war.

Oh honey. Any impending civil war is going to be Trumpy's deploracunts against the rest of the country.

Precisely what side will you wind up on, I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 87June 21, 2019 3:23 AM

R83 Palantir's contract with the US Government is vastly larger than that. It's has a huge presence with police departments, but many - despite the sweet deal they got have given up on it. It's too complicated for cops to use. It's data science, not donut science.

by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2019 9:23 PM

Next person to engage AOC on Twitter: noted human rights activist Steve King. As with most AOC-related Twitter attacks it did not go well..

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) was quick to reply to white supremacist Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on Sunday after he snidely went after her for calling detention facilities for immigrant children in the U.S. “concentration camps.”

King urged her to accept an open invitation from a Holocaust remembrance group to visit Auschwitz, as he said he had.

“I went with a deep understanding of the Shoah and had a profound personal experience,” he tweeted to Ocasio-Cortez.

There was just one problem with his argument, the congresswoman replied: King reportedly met with “fringe Austrian neo-Nazi groups to talk shop” during his trip.

King reportedly met with a group founded by a former Nazi SS officer last year while visiting Europe on a trip paid for by From the Depths, the same group that has invited Ocasio-Cortez to tour Auschwitz.

The Anti-Defamation League demanded afterward that GOP leadership condemn King and remove him from his chairmanship of the House Judiciary Committee. He was stripped of his positions on the judiciary and the agriculture committees earlier this year, after he asked during a New York Times interview what was offensive about white supremacy.

Ocasio-Cortez added that she has “absolutely zero patience for completely certified, card-carrying and flag-waving racists. ... They can take their little tiki torches somewhere else.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 24, 2019 5:05 AM

[quote]A photo of rosaries taken from migrants at the US border became a viral symbol — and the artist who took it hopes it can change things

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 24, 2019 5:09 AM

[quote]Just let them all in. Fuck it. Let the US go to shit and we'll have another civil war.

Or you can deport them like any normal administration would have done. But let's violate the human rights of children instead because you lack the common sense.

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2019 5:10 AM

I love AOC. She's put that white supremacist in his place.

The Salt Lake Tribune calling it what it is:

"Our nation is operating concentration camps for refugee children. We need to stop denying that and decide if we are comfortable with that fact. And how we will explain it to our children."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2019 5:16 AM

On an intensely surreal note, Mike Pence is in Miami Tuesday to relaunch the "Latinos for Trump" campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 25, 2019 4:19 AM

I see this thread has been flamed.

Which means that word clearly hit a nerve with the deploracunts. Because deep down under all that righteously fake indignation they know treating people like this is wrong.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 94June 25, 2019 4:51 AM

I love you R94. I think over 13,000 kids are in the camps. 24 that we know of, have died. Our government is waging genocide.

by Anonymousreply 95June 25, 2019 5:00 AM

[quote] Or you can deport them like any normal administration would have done. But let's violate the human rights of children instead because you lack the common sense.

An Anti Trumper arguing for more deportations? I'm so confused right now.

by Anonymousreply 96June 25, 2019 5:44 AM

R96 Obama was known as the great deporter. It's trump who is separating families and holding children in camps rather than processing and deporting people.

by Anonymousreply 97June 25, 2019 6:24 AM

Now THIS is how you fuck with his brand. Glorious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 26, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]An Anti Trumper arguing for more deportations? I'm so confused right now.

That's because you're not paying attention to what people are saying. We're not arguing for open borders, nor are we insisting that every single one of those asylum seekers must be allowed to stay. We're arguing that those *legally* seeking asylum, which is damn near all of them, are entitled to have their cases heard and are entitled to humane treatment while they are waiting, including not separating families and providing them safe and sanitary conditions. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

by Anonymousreply 99June 26, 2019 12:48 AM

[quote] I thought these migrants were Central American, Caribbean, and South American.

Yes, ALL the Mexican countries. A Mexican is a Mexican. Didn't I make myself clear?

by Anonymousreply 100June 26, 2019 12:48 AM

NBC: CBP says it's not low on supplies after claims of 'appalling' conditions for migrant children

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 26, 2019 1:01 AM

NBC: Justice Department lawyer defends herself after viral video on child migrant treatment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 26, 2019 1:02 AM

So the CBP has plenty of supplies but can't be fucking bothered to provide them to children?

Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 103June 26, 2019 1:05 AM

For profit concentration camps for kids.

by Anonymousreply 104June 26, 2019 1:11 AM

Has this been posted already?

USA Today: GOP Rep. Michael Burgess says migrant children in one detention center can leave 'at any time'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 26, 2019 1:12 AM

The military? They're taking profits away from contractors!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 26, 2019 1:15 AM

R105, Burgess is my congressman. He is a moron and an embarrassment. I would say he's the stupidest person in the House of Representatives. But as long as Louie Gohmert is around, Burgess will just have to settle for a distant second place.

by Anonymousreply 108June 26, 2019 1:23 AM

R39. Your assertion was confusing. The only time and place an asylum seeker can file for asylum is on entry to the US, not before . They can’t go to an embassy or consulate and apply. It must, by law, be done at the border crossing. There are specific categories, and the process for clearing an application is speedy - when there’s both personnel to take, process and review the application.

Denying the asylum seekers their legal right to make the application and then delaying the process so that it creates as many legal hurdles to deny asylum isn’t just illegal, it’s immoral. There are few times in a nation’s history a government acts without due regard to human life. The last was the Japanese internment. This administration is pulling the same jingoistic, dehumanizing crap.

If that’s what you have to offer, please scurry off. We’re a lot of things on DL. But nobody here buys into dehumanization.

by Anonymousreply 109June 26, 2019 1:32 AM

R109 the Japanese were eating our pets and that’s why they were put in camps.

by Anonymousreply 110June 26, 2019 1:35 AM

R110. You’re thinking of Vampire Bats, not Umpire Japs.

by Anonymousreply 111June 26, 2019 2:05 AM

Rachel Maddow took a deep dive into this mess tonight (6/25).

Note she doesn't call them "concentration camps". She doesn't have to. The facts speak for themselves.

But lemme tell you Rachel is PISSED.

by Anonymousreply 112June 26, 2019 2:11 AM

Rachel's take: Trump is abusing children on purpose as a key part of his re-election strategy.

by Anonymousreply 113June 26, 2019 2:44 AM

Thank you R99

by Anonymousreply 114June 26, 2019 3:22 AM

Ugh. We're like the EU now. Open up to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 115June 26, 2019 3:25 AM

Progressive analysis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 26, 2019 3:26 AM

These asylum seekers are economic migrants. Everyone knows this even though some pretend not to.

by Anonymousreply 117June 26, 2019 3:27 AM

Agreed, R117.

by Anonymousreply 118June 26, 2019 3:27 AM

[quote]These asylum seekers are economic migrants. Everyone knows this even though some pretend not to.

Yes, and everybody knew in 1938 that Jews were vermin who were hellbent on taking over the world. Your point?

by Anonymousreply 119June 26, 2019 3:29 AM

Looks like the media are riled up again about the migrants.

Two weeks ago it was reparations.

Whatever. I'll get in on the next one. Monday maybe.

by Anonymousreply 120June 26, 2019 3:32 AM

I think the vast majority of citizens ... May be worried about other things.

by Anonymousreply 121June 26, 2019 3:35 AM

R121 many Americans can have more than one concern. And it shouldn't BE a concern for detainees to be treated with basic decency. Soap and toothpaste are not luxuries.

by Anonymousreply 122June 26, 2019 3:37 AM

Well apparently I've got the right deploracunts blocked now.

tra la la la la la....

by Anonymousreply 123June 26, 2019 3:38 AM

I own GEO Group stock and I'm annoyed DHS isn't farming out more to GEO. CoreCivic is getting all the gigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 26, 2019 3:39 AM

What's so great about CoreCivic? Ugh. Geo all the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 26, 2019 3:41 AM

R119 What's your point? I seriously don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 126June 26, 2019 4:48 AM

R124 no worries. GEO negotiates with city, county officials to maintain 90% occupancy for their facilities. And thanks to the bed mandate, we have to fill 34,000 plus beds a night.

Now what might be fucking you up is trump. The Northwest detention center, in Tacoma WA is the regional detention center. Now, remember how trump wanted to dump people in sanctuary cities? He's done that, by cycling people through detention centers (people don't stay in one detention center, they move around), super fast, at least in Tacoma. Then releasing people with no support, no language skills, no money, thousands of miles from home. And increasing the homeless population at the same time he's fucking with the bed count. . That might account for what you perceive as a static stock.

But do not worry! With the bed mandate, with global warming pushing climate refugees, and with CEO building everything from detention centers in Australia to rehab centers in the US, you will turn a nice profit.

by Anonymousreply 127June 26, 2019 7:44 AM

Tuesday's memorable memes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 26, 2019 10:22 AM

[quote]R119 What's your point? I seriously don't get it.

It doesn't require a rocket science to get the point that when you wrote:

[quote]These asylum seekers are economic migrants. Everyone knows this even though some pretend not to.

you were spewing horseshit that you cannot back up and that is not true, that you were attempting to demonize these asylum seekers just as has been done to other populations in the past.

by Anonymousreply 129June 26, 2019 7:59 PM

r81, the US is going to shit under Trump, and immigrants have nothing to do with that fact.

by Anonymousreply 130June 26, 2019 10:34 PM

r95, where did you get the figure of 24 dead kids?

by Anonymousreply 131June 26, 2019 10:39 PM

Here is one for the Cuban asshole @ R56

@RepJoeKennedy

[quote]Facilities are wholly inadequate. Cells maxed to capacity, concrete floors...It felt jail-like. No way to keep a child or innocent human being. [bold]Group of 13 women from Cuba were in tears when we spoke with them.[/bold]

But I thought you said Cubans were not being detained in the Camps ???

Now what other excuses are you going to make for the amoral Florida Cubans ?? They can't even bring themselves to feel empathy for their own countrymen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 2, 2019 12:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!