Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most awkward celebrity interviews

You know, the kind that make you grit your teeth—where the tension is palpable. This one takes the cake for me, but I know there are plenty of others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229August 29, 2019 4:55 PM

Oh my God--Courtney must feel she was RAPED!

by Anonymousreply 1June 12, 2019 4:00 AM

Chrissie Hynde interviewed by David Green on All Things Considered. Other-worldly in her unprovoked cuntitude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 12, 2019 4:07 AM

This one with Leslie Mann, Alison Brie, and Dakota Johnson is terrible. Leslie and Dakota both seem like they're stoned and keep giggling like schoolgirls about inside jokes the entire time. Half the questions they get they respond to with "What? Sorry, I was spacing out"—no joke. Leslie especially comes across as an unprofessional cunt, and it's made me not want to ever watch anything with her in it again. She seems like a bitch.

Allison tries to put on her Hollywood A-face and reel it in, but Dakota and Leslie basically mock her the entire time. To make it worse, the interviewer is neurotic and stops the interview because she "thinks they're talking about her" and acts like a clingy celebrity suckup psycho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 12, 2019 4:08 AM

Dakota should be careful.

Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor.

And, unlike Leslie, she's not married to a powerful writer-director-producer.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2019 4:13 AM

This is classic - though one problem with these stupid live hookup videos is there's a time delay in the audio going back and forth, they can't really read each other's eyes, etc. So, it all begins with an inherent awkawdness.

But still, they're openly laughing at her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 12, 2019 4:19 AM

Not super awkward, but here is Leslie again being a cunt (with Dakota) and asking a hot male reporter to strip for her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 12, 2019 4:24 AM

This is my favorite, though ... the anchors laugh themselves into TEARS after dumb as a box of rocks swimmer Ryan Lochte is interviewed about his upcoming reality show.

Their hilarity begins at the 5:00 mark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2019 4:27 AM

R7, I came to post precisely that.

by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2019 4:31 AM

Devious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2019 4:40 AM

That isn't awkward R9, that's just Kate getting her point across in a way that is worthy of legendary cunt status. None of the ire is for Meredith, so it's more funny than anything.

by Anonymousreply 10June 12, 2019 4:44 AM

Joan Collins asking a reporter if he's gay after she feels insulted by his line of questioning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 12, 2019 4:52 AM

Van Johnson on Letterman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2019 4:55 AM

Here's a CNN clip about Jian Ghomeshi trying (without much success) to interview Billy Bob Thornton.

Although Ghomeshi would later be exposed as a pretty nasty piece of work himself, he seemed to have everyone's sympathy at the time of the interview.

(BTW, the complete interview is on YouTube, for anyone who is interested and can stand it.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2019 4:57 AM

Mike Jerrick of "Good Morning Philadelphia" was hilarious. Here he is making Chanel laugh AGAIN after interviewing the Kardashians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 12, 2019 5:19 AM

Some people are just terrible interviews, like Warren Beatty. They hate it so much you wonder why they even bother.

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2019 5:22 AM

Meg Ryan on Parky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2019 5:24 AM

^^ I like that he doesn't buy into her bullshit ... he's very direct with her. You can literally see her eyes grow big [bold] : o

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2019 5:47 AM

KStew on Letterman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2019 10:09 AM

Paula Abdul drunk on an interview. It was both funny and awkward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 12, 2019 10:19 AM

R18, that interview was awkward, but only because "awkward" is Kristen's middle name/the basis of her entire career. She is sporting all the nervous tics she employs when playing any character on-screen: The repetitive muttering, eyes darting, nervously running her fingers through her hair; I am still appalled that there are people who praise her as an actress, and even more mystified that the French heralded her as a major talent for "Clouds of Sils Maria." Granted, that was the ONLY thing I've seen her in where she managed to tone down her acting crutches, but it was hardly award-worthy. Were the French just trying to be ironic?

by Anonymousreply 20June 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Wow! These are amazing!

by Anonymousreply 21June 12, 2019 10:39 AM

Tori Amos is normally gracious and kind even if she can come across as kooky.

This interview is an exception. She’s completely uncooperative and unforthcoming, and the interviewer tries soooo hard to get her to open up and to empathize and the harder he tries, the more resistant and paranoid she becomes. She says she hasn’t slept in 24 hours toward the end, so maybe it was delirium. It’s painful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2019 10:45 AM

Jesus Christ, the Courtney Love interview OP posted is BRUTAL. I don't think I've ever witnessed so many long pauses in an interview. The interviewer is awful, not so much asking questions but rather confronting her with statements that illustrate his preconceived narrative is about her life and career. She comes off as bitchy, but rightfully so, and even still, in the end she is ultimately nice to him. In any case, it's hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2019 10:55 AM

I’m with you, R23. The “awkwardness,” if you want to be unduly gracious to the interviewer, is his fault, not hers. What in the world gives a music journalist the right to invade someone’s deepest personal concerns in this way, and especially in such an accusatory way?

He may as well have said, “The sense I get is that you’re talented but you are trying to bring down your whole world with reckless drugs and sex, and you probably want to see your child dead the way you killed your husband! Accurate?”

Kudos to her, kind of, for tolerating it. But I really don’t think she should have.

by Anonymousreply 24June 12, 2019 10:59 AM

Leslie Mann has the most annoying voice.

I heard Coldplay interviewed on NPR a few years ago and fetushead Chris Martin was really condescending. He acted as though he were doing the interviewer a favor. Tedious bore.

by Anonymousreply 25June 12, 2019 11:05 AM

R25 Was he consciously uncoupling from Gwyneth at the time? Maybe that’s why he was irritable. Did he share any good advice from his very good friends Beyoncé and Shawn Cater, better known to the proles as Jay Z?

by Anonymousreply 26June 12, 2019 11:08 AM

Bruce Willis being a total dick to the interviewer here. Mary Louise Parker tries to help the guy out, but then she kinda starts being a cunt too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 12, 2019 11:11 AM

R27 lol Willis is always a dick.

by Anonymousreply 28June 12, 2019 11:28 AM

R20 i agree with you but....Letterman didn't have to be a dick about it.

R23 Lol that is exactly how i imagine most interviews would go if they were being conducted by stans on tumblr. They think they know everything about certain actors.

by Anonymousreply 29June 12, 2019 11:32 AM

Oliver Reed, this one's a doozy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2019 11:33 AM

The French are ALWAYS trying to be ironic R20.

by Anonymousreply 31June 12, 2019 11:39 AM

R5 The #1. She acted like Wednesday Addams of The Addams Family.

by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2019 11:40 AM

Samuel L Jackson/Laurence Fishburne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 12, 2019 11:44 AM

I love Chrissie Hynde but I wouldn't interview that CUNT if you paid me.

by Anonymousreply 34June 12, 2019 12:07 PM

Joan vs. Jessica, 1992

A true bitchfest!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 12, 2019 12:12 PM

The Bee Gees walk out of an interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 12, 2019 12:39 PM

Courtney is always getting the worst interviews. Barbara Walters back in the day got REAL tacky with her lol. She can hold her own though and I don't think she cares if it's awkward (eg. her legendary Letterman interview, interrupting Madonna on MTV).

For me the most awkward might be Joan Rivers calling her guest Brigitte Nielsen a "cunt" on her own talk show, prompting Brigitte to grab her tiny husband from the audience and storm out (only to come back later and still be awkward).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 12, 2019 1:21 PM

To be honest, the black guy who interviewed Courtney was so dull, inept and not up to the task.

by Anonymousreply 38June 12, 2019 1:27 PM

The one with tara reid (?) And the blond anti vax woman

by Anonymousreply 39June 12, 2019 1:37 PM

I think Milla was being asked bout her dad........?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 12, 2019 1:43 PM

Rosie confronting Tom Selleck on her show about the NRA, shortly after Columbine. I watched this when it happened. She sort of ambushed him. It was so surreal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 12, 2019 3:14 PM

41 replies and no mention of Gene Simmons and Terry Gross?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 12, 2019 3:19 PM

Leslie Mann and Dakota Johnson are such raging ASSHOLES! They're so stupid and bitchy to the interviewer, who just feeds into their "hot, mean girl" act by asking if they're talking about her. Dakota Johnson has to be the most talentless, unatttractive nepotism hire on the planet, and Leslie Mann wouldn't work if it weren't for her extremely rich, powerful husband.

There seems to be a law that in order to be a successful actress you have to be completely devoid of personality while simultaneously being a cunt. Kristen Stewart was so dull and bitchy that David Letterman deserves a Medal of Honor for not throttling her.

by Anonymousreply 43June 12, 2019 5:56 PM

I agree R43 I despise dakota and don't understand why she has become who she is. I wish Alison brie would've smacked them both. I hate that specific group of non talented bitches who have had unfair career opportunities. Dakota, cara, etc

by Anonymousreply 44June 12, 2019 6:57 PM

[quote] Kristen Stewart was so dull and bitchy that David Letterman deserves a Medal of Honor for not throttling her

Letterman is suck a dick, though.

by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2019 7:01 PM

She really didn't, though, r41. She had been talking for days about how he had been booked on the show specifically because he wanted to defend gun ownership, and then when the interview actually started he pretended like he wanted nothing to do with the issue. If anything, he ambushed HER.

by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2019 7:15 PM

I saw that interview when it originally aired, r12. As I recall, Johnson was a cunt about the band from the time he came onstage, and Letterman was never one to suffer fools.

by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2019 7:17 PM

This thread is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 48June 12, 2019 7:25 PM

Michael Winner vs Richard LittleJohn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2019 7:28 PM

[quote]r42 41 No mention of Gene Simmons and Terry Gross?

Dear LORD, but that was painful! He must be the poster child of the incel/red pill gang.

by Anonymousreply 50June 13, 2019 3:51 AM

Here's a clip of the gif at R40 (skip to 7:18).

The French prick asks Milla about her father getting sent to prison for insurance fraud. Milla says, "Yes it is true, my father spent 8 years in prison." Then her eyes fill with tears and there's a look of pure pain on her face as she says, "I lost my father for 8 years," then knocks the glass over and walks out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2019 4:26 AM

Damn, R51, never seen that before. Milla had a right to be angry though. That's a fucked up and irrelevant thing to bring up during an interview in front of a live audience.

by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2019 4:30 AM

Christina Hendricks being called "full figured."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2019 4:35 AM

There was a fantastic interview from MuchMusic which has obviously been destroyed/buried by Beyoncé and her people.

It was when she was with Destiny's Child. They were shilling for McDonalds and the interviewer brings it up and takes them to task.

It was SO awkward and delicious as Beyoncé tries to smile her way through PR answers that don't work on the interviewer who was not going to drop the topic.

by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2019 4:46 AM

R6 that's... embarrassing as shit. Full grown women acting like obnoxious, cunty highschool girls. And imagine if it were two male actors who were sniggering at a female reporter, remarking how hot she was and asking her to take her shirt off.

R54 why is shilling for McDonald's worthy of being "taken to task" for? That's how celebs make most of their fortunes; shilling shit. That interviewer must've been purposely being a twat to get a reaction out of them, like a lot of the other interviewers in this thread are doing.

by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2019 5:38 AM

Thread closed. Nothing can top this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2019 11:40 AM

[R56] You are correct, I was just coming to post that. He made that interviewer feel like the dumbest person alive.

by Anonymousreply 57June 13, 2019 12:21 PM

I don’t remember who it was, but on one episode of Watch What Happens Live, Andy Cohen kept reading from his cards, “You were ________” and “Years ago, you did _______,” with follow up questions, and the celeb gawked at him and kept saying, “No, I didn’t,” “no, that never happened,” etc., and finally “Where are you getting this information? Wikipedia? Everything you’re saying I did I didn’t do. Who does your research?!” It was delicious to watch the smug little coke addict squirm.

by Anonymousreply 58June 13, 2019 12:25 PM

Scrolling back up, getting a fresh cup to cradle and sitting down with this thread from beginning to end. Thanks again, DL, I love me some awkward bitchiness in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 59June 13, 2019 12:33 PM

Hey isn't that Toure interviewing Courtney Love? He was on MSNBC for awhile. I've never liked Courtney Love in any capacity. I've always believed she killed Kurt. Probably jealousy. He had the talent and the looks in that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 60June 13, 2019 12:48 PM

When the entire panel of "What's My Line" didn't know who Gale Storm was

by Anonymousreply 61June 13, 2019 12:56 PM

R56 miserable old prick, isn't he? Why bother even agreeing to the interview?

And props to the interviewer for not just walking out, which is what he should've done IMO.

by Anonymousreply 62June 13, 2019 3:18 PM

Cate is amazed someone would ask about special effects or working with animals (I guess)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 13, 2019 5:44 PM

The Great Kate WILL be obeyed, pre-interview.

The host Dick Cavett smooths it all over by kissing her ass. He just doesn't want her to cancel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 13, 2019 5:55 PM

Love ol grouchy Kate. I remember reading that she actually really liked Dick Cavett, and he was one of the few she would allow to interview her.

by Anonymousreply 65June 13, 2019 6:04 PM

Omarosa on Wendy Williams a long time ago - so catty and over-the-top between the 2 of them. Fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2019 6:05 PM

The infamous Barbra Streisand/MIke Wallace interview takes the cake. Wallace was such an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 13, 2019 6:13 PM

I can’t believe this hasn’t been brought up yet! Jesse Eisenberg interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 13, 2019 6:18 PM

[quote]r67 The infamous Barbra Streisand/MIke Wallace interview takes the cake. Wallace was such an asshole.

I have mixed feelings about that one.

On the one hand, Babs IS psychotically self obsessed and there were TONS of people who couldn't bear her arogance in the early days. So that's fair game - she made her bed.

On the other, he comes across as kind of mansplaining to her. [italic]("Twenty or thirty years of psychoanalysis? I say to myself, 'What is it that she is trying to find out that takes twenty to thirty years?'")

by Anonymousreply 69June 13, 2019 6:32 PM

R69, All celebrities are self-obsessed. Every single one. Barbra is just honest and tells it like it is. Nobody notices if it's a male celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 70June 13, 2019 6:39 PM

Joan Rivers just DESTROYS her competition. She's a comedic legend.

by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Yes, R60, it is Touré interviewing Courtney. He seems alright usually, but that was a truly awful interview. As others have pointed out, he didn't so much interview her as he did confront her with statements as opposed to questions ("So, another great Courtney Love album"; "I get the sense that you are war with yourself" etc). He should've known better with ANY interview subject, let alone a wildcard like Courtney Love. It was a trainwreck and she could've rightly been a massive cunt to him, but she was instead aloof and bitchy (although she does warm up a bit toward the end).

Oh, and I don't agree on the Kurt conspiracy crap. If there had been plausible evidence for him having been murdered, Courtney would have been prosecuted years ago. The alleged amount of heroin in Kurt's bloodstream that many use as the 'smoking gun' (no pun intended) to disprove him shooting himself is unfounded and was falsely reported by a Seattle rag paper only days after he died. I literally think they pulled the number out of the air, because there is no reliable source to back it up. Death certificates are not made public, so the only people who would actually know what the toxicology report says are Kurt's family members, and none of them have ever mentioned anything that speaks to this.

by Anonymousreply 72June 13, 2019 7:14 PM

R72 tell that to my brother. He loves Nirvana and thinks that Courtney killed Kurt. He even made me watch a documentary that allegedly proved that theory. I don't believe Courtney has even been a suspect to the police, just in the public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 73June 13, 2019 7:19 PM

If this can be considered an interview...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 13, 2019 7:20 PM

R74 what's going on there?

by Anonymousreply 75June 13, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote]r70 Barbra is just honest and tells it like it is.

I definitely agree she got pushback because she was a strong, uncompromising woman ... who, incidentally, was usually right.

But there's some shady stuff from the beginning of her career where she WASN'T honest and wanting to "tell it like it is". I'm talking about people in the industry's experience with her, rather than her public persona.

For instance, she really wasn't doing very well with her performance when FUNNY GIRL was in rehearsal for Broadway, and she panicked and got her old drama teacher Allan Miller to heavily coach her in all her scenes and songs (they had to use out of the way places like the ladies room because the director didn't want him around.) He drilled a characterization into her and came up with approaches to the different scenes and songs that were different from each other, and built into an arc with "emotional density". (He had also coached her through her auditions for the show for free on his own time ... though she never even called him after she finally got the part.) (Untill she needed him again, that is.) Then she even dickered with him about money when he had to put other students on hold while he helped her on the road for 13 weeks.

The kicker is, she DROPPED HIM the moment the show opened ... just as she had initially dropped him right after she got the part. This despite that their relationship went back years and he's even let her stay at his house when she was essentially homeless. She wanted no trace that ANYONE had helped her with her performance; it had to be purely, absolutely HER. She only called him when she saw Miller had put an ad in the tradepapers announcing he was back in town and accepting students again. ("Alan Miller is resuming classes" then in small print "Recent coach to Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl.") She was FURIOUS and demanded he not run the ad again. He was basically like, "Fuck you, lady."

He said, "Barbra, let me tell you something, okay? If we made a list of all the things that I have done negatively to you, and all the positive things I have done FOR you, and we compared them to the list of positive and negative things you have done toward me or to people that I care about, whose POSITIVE list do you think would be a lot longer?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 13, 2019 7:28 PM

This was so awkward felt sorry for Dick Clark. It has been said that Prince was pissed Dick insulted Minnesota.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 13, 2019 7:55 PM

"Just give me a FFFANNN! It's unbelievable!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 13, 2019 8:05 PM

[quote] All celebrities are self-obsessed. Every single one. Barbra is just honest and tells it like it is. Nobody notices if it's a male celebrity.

LOL

What a hilariously predictable enabler you are!

by Anonymousreply 79June 13, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]r36 The Bee Gees walk out of an interview:

It may be the accents, but I don't quite get what turned off Barry Gibb (or is it Andy?) so much that he decided to bail.

Why were his feathers so ruffled?

by Anonymousreply 80June 13, 2019 11:09 PM

Tom Cruise loves Australia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 14, 2019 12:05 AM

RDJ walks out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 14, 2019 12:06 AM

Barbra was telling everyone how to do their jobs, and taking over the entire interview, which clearly pissed Wallace off. So he went in for blood.

Neither of them come off great.

by Anonymousreply 83June 14, 2019 12:31 AM

That Van Johnson interview at r12 convinced me that Robert Preston must have based his "Victor/Victoria" character on Van Johnson's mannerisms.

Only Robert Preston was delightful in that, and Van Johnson just comes off as an ass.

by Anonymousreply 84June 14, 2019 1:17 AM

R84 I don't think so. That interview was 3 years after the movie.

by Anonymousreply 85June 14, 2019 1:19 AM

prince was always a diva. i hadnt heard about his beef with we are the world until after his death.

by Anonymousreply 86June 14, 2019 1:42 AM

Sorry but I've always found Cate Blanchett to be a stuffy, arrogant, and cold bitch. That interview above just confirmed it. It's hard to tell if she's joking around or being a bitch.

Re: the Barbra/Mike Wallace interview, I actually felt sorry for Barbra. Mike was bringing up some very painful things from her children. Wasn't he talking about her stepfather? And how he called her ugly? I think Babs was not only caught off guard but Wallace triggered some painful, repressed memories for her that she broke in the moment.

Interestingly, wasn't this around the time of Prince of Tides? It seemed to mirror the themes of the book/film and I could understand why she was so attached to the book and adapting it to film.

by Anonymousreply 87June 14, 2019 2:03 AM

R80, that’s Barry (Andy had been dead for nearly a decade at that point). I don’t think understanding the accents helps explain much — the interviewer seems like a condescending prick, but Barry walks out pretty suddenly, with no obvious immediate cause. He just was peevish that day, maybe.

My favorite part is Maurice’s quip explaining why he can’t finish the interview — because he can’t do impressions!

by Anonymousreply 88June 14, 2019 2:45 AM

This one with Barbra, what a Diva!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 14, 2019 3:01 AM

She’s not a celebrity but Meghan McCain on Seth Myers made me realize she’s a nut psycho.

by Anonymousreply 90June 14, 2019 3:13 AM

Peter Falk, John Cassavetes, and Ben Gazzara giving poor Dick Cavett a hard time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 14, 2019 3:41 AM

Several years ago, The Rolling Stones were interviewed immediately after a concert. They were so stoned they couldn’t even make a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 92June 14, 2019 3:50 AM

David Bowie and Russel Harty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 14, 2019 6:12 AM

Whitney Houston is odd in this - she's a bit snappish, but she also seems kind of forgiving, and indulgent, to a degree.

Maybe when you're that big, you kind of brush some stuff off and just keep moving forward even if someone's offended you in the past. Tomorrow's another day, there's records to sell, and all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 14, 2019 6:14 AM

^^ I'd also say this isn't necessarily an "awkward" interview ... is it? It's just very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 95June 14, 2019 6:19 AM

[quote]This was so awkward felt sorry for Dick Clark. It has been said that Prince was pissed Dick insulted Minnesota.

Now, I wonder what Prince thought of The Golden Girls. They were always dissing Minnesota on that show, at one point labeling it the Cradle of Idiocy. XD

by Anonymousreply 96June 14, 2019 6:29 AM

Tom Cruise is a bit...miffed in that interview.

by Anonymousreply 97June 14, 2019 6:40 AM

Johnny Rotten is rotten

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 14, 2019 6:52 AM

That jealous liar Glenn Dissing Meryl. You can see her cringe when the interviewer mentions Meryl.

Glenn says Meryl won the Oscar for "Iron Maiden"! From 1:10

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 14, 2019 7:18 AM

It's been taken down from the internet, but Holly Hunter was interviewed by Merry Miller over a decade ago and it was cringeworthy and hilarious.

We had a thread about it back then, I recall.

by Anonymousreply 100June 14, 2019 7:22 AM

R100 how was it cringeworthy?

by Anonymousreply 101June 14, 2019 12:13 PM

I have to interrupt the awkward interviews to profess that I love Dick Cavett and I find the handsome nerd more arousing than almost anyone.

Also, I love his Hepburn interview. Even if she made him rearrange the set, she was clearly getting worn out on the facade of being presented as straight. Cavett essentially asked about her “#metoo” experiences and she said that she had never had one in Hollywood, and then implied that most of the men in Hollywood aren’t into women. Cavett asked if she has thoughts about that and she said yes, evolution: the world is overpopulated, and homosexuality is natural population control. I kind of admire and kind of resent his restraint in asking point blank if she is ready to come out as a lesbian. I feel like she was sort of goading him to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 14, 2019 12:32 PM

R97 don't be so glib.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 14, 2019 12:49 PM

Can I just say that chrissy Hynde's book is one of the worst I ever read?

by Anonymousreply 104June 14, 2019 1:07 PM

[quote]Mike was bringing up some very painful things from her children. Wasn't he talking about her stepfather? And how he called her ugly?

Yes, her stepfather was cruel to her. He favored her "prettier" half-sister, Roslyn. One day he asked Roslyn if she wanted to go to the store and get some ice cream. Barbra cried that she wanted ice cream, too, but her stepfather said that she couldn't go because she was "too ugly for ice cream."

by Anonymousreply 105June 14, 2019 4:25 PM

[bold]#TheTruthHurts

by Anonymousreply 106June 14, 2019 4:27 PM

Barbra was too ugly to take outside. I loathe that tiresome bitch. No one feels sorry for her tiny pains and lifelong resentments. Every piece of dreck movie she's ever made was to prove that she's sexually desirable. There's some version of a makeover/reveal in each film where our hooknose, cross-eyed heroine is discovered to be beautiful! She's a clinical narcissist. Save it for your psychiatrist B.S. They're paid not to laugh or roll their eyes. A self involved egomaniacal bitch. EAT YOUR ICE CREAM BARBARA JOAN!

by Anonymousreply 107June 14, 2019 4:58 PM

Cruise must have been on the rag in 2005.

by Anonymousreply 108June 14, 2019 6:03 PM

R99 still sad after three months Glenn couldn’t take home the Oscar this time. Plus she forgot she was in the same category with Meryl in 1987 and 88 haha.

by Anonymousreply 109June 14, 2019 6:11 PM

[quote] Now, I wonder what Prince thought of The Golden Girls. They were always dissing Minnesota on that show, at one point labeling it the Cradle of Idiocy. XD

They were not dissing Minneapolis--they were dissing a (mythical) small town in the rural Northern region of the state, which few people in the Twin Cities even ever go to visit (other than to the city of Duluth).

I am a Minnesotan, and I take absolutely no offense at the St. Olaf jokes from "Golden Girls," and have yet to find anyone from Minnesota who does. Well, perhaps with the exception of people who went to St. Olaf College in Northfield, and there it's more that they are often weary of explaining to people from out-of-state that the made-up town has nothing to do with their college (it's considered one of the best in the state).

by Anonymousreply 110June 14, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]They were not dissing Minneapolis--they were dissing a (mythical) small town in the rural Northern region of the state, which few people in the Twin Cities even ever go to visit (other than to the city of Duluth).

They dissed the University of Minnesota in the Blanche/menopause episode and sometimes explained Rose's stupidity to strangers with "She's from Minnesota!"

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2019 6:26 PM

The problem with the Courtney Love interview is mainly the interviewer, Touré. He had a lot of adulation early in his career and considered himself God's gift to music journalism. Earlier this year he was accused of sexual harassment, which wasn't a big surprise. Huge ego.

by Anonymousreply 112June 14, 2019 7:04 PM

The interviewer in this video is such a douchebag, but Bjork n Siggi were adorably awkward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 14, 2019 7:09 PM

Speaking of Bjork, I think this may be the most awkwardly ABORTED interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 15, 2019 12:35 AM

The circling morons of the morning news team at R5 owe Cara Delevingne an apology. She grew frustrated with their stupidity, but she attempted to respond to their questions with sense and intelligence. So they dismissed her - saying she needed to find a redbull and a better mood. I would have spit at the remote camera. Cara does get a great incredulous look in before the feed cuts. Those folk were seriously weird and so fucking rude.

by Anonymousreply 115June 15, 2019 12:52 AM

She needs to learn (or probably has learned!) that subtle snarkiness is going to go over the heads of morning show hosts. That audience is very middle-of-the-road, very literal.

Smile, say your piece, get out.

She can save her little jokes for Graham Norton, and that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 116June 15, 2019 12:59 AM

I remember Mary J Blige threatening to beat up Veronica Webb during an interview for Andy Warhol.’s Interview magazine.

by Anonymousreply 117June 15, 2019 1:10 AM

Nah, I disagree R116. You've obviously never been in this position. Cara did nothing wrong. The morning hosts were very capable of being snarky once they cut her feed. Do y'all really think "morning show hosts" wake up that way? American media personalities are all acting dude. They're dirty smelly, cheating lying mean spirited, thin skinned goofy laughing & unusually stupid people like most other Americans. Cara was ready, but an actress does not have to become a moron to please a small town crowd. The big name morning and evening hosts should be ashamed when they ask such stupid questions. Dare to be a bit original, y'all don't have to be smart.

by Anonymousreply 118June 15, 2019 1:15 AM

[quote]r118 Cara was ready, but an actress does not have to become a moron to please a small town crowd.

She is essentially paying a social call in public, and should err on the side of caution.

Of course, she just wing it and say whatever ... but look how that turned out for her. She's still a laughingstock because of it.

by Anonymousreply 119June 15, 2019 1:20 AM

This is a great one. Toward the end, Madonna wants nothing to do with this interviewer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 15, 2019 1:39 AM

You're being ridiculously argumentative R119. I'm not a fan of hers in any way. But I've been in that position. Cara's not the personality to play like a bimbo. You're not paying a social call to anyone who mistreats you. The are hosting you and on that show, lucky to have your time.

Cara Delevingne is hardly a laughing stock because of that brief interview with a mean and moronic morning team. They're just fat white whores who can't get a real job. I'm a proud black handsome man. We're serious about how we are approached. I'll make fun of anything, but you shouldn't make fun of me. Not if you want a good interview. Listen and learn R119. You sound like a sour old white man who dislikes strong young women. Graham Norton? What the fuck has he got to do with it. A chat show appearance has nothing in common with doing a hundred satellite interviews in a day.

by Anonymousreply 121June 15, 2019 1:51 AM

Cara Delavigne comes off like an asshole. Her, “ I never read the book or the script” is supposed to...what? Funny? She was angry from the start.

by Anonymousreply 122June 15, 2019 2:30 AM

You must be autistic R122. Cara was smiling and being a bit sarcastic in response to their moronically phrased questions.

by Anonymousreply 123June 15, 2019 3:44 AM

How did this fun thread devolve into sniping over Cara Delavigne? Can we please move along and stay on topic?

Or if people must get into a fight over a celebrity, please do better than Cara fucking Delavigne.

by Anonymousreply 124June 15, 2019 11:54 AM

^ Fuck off Gramps.

by Anonymousreply 125June 15, 2019 12:24 PM

Here's the one with Holly Hunter, R100

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 15, 2019 12:44 PM

I saw that interview with Jesse Eisenberg years ago. Couldn't sit through it again but remembered the interviewer should never have been given that job, she was unprofessional and made it all about her "I'm so cute" schtick. Couldn't even get the name of his film character correct (that's as much as I watched this time). IIRC her big gimmick was to get the interviewee to say her name, for some self promotion I guess. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 127June 15, 2019 1:44 PM

Jodi Arias "No jury will convict me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 15, 2019 1:49 PM

The Holly Hunter video does not show in the link.

by Anonymousreply 129June 15, 2019 2:10 PM

R129 - it works for me, but it did pop up saying 'allow flash' - so maybe that's it?

by Anonymousreply 130June 15, 2019 2:35 PM

Guy interviews Farrah Abraham ho - has no idea who she is - hilarious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 15, 2019 2:41 PM

I've been there. Whitney had clearly been up for a few days before this interview. She's composed, but not a happy woman. She gave some great interviews in her life and some high and hostile ones too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 15, 2019 3:25 PM

Touré is an embarrassment to himself. He and not Courtney Love is entirely to blame for this failure of an interview.

by Anonymousreply 133June 15, 2019 3:46 PM

[quote]r121 Cara's not the personality to play like a bimbo.

She doesn't have to take on a bimbo persona - just answer her fellow professionals' questions clearly and straightforwardly, and get out. But instead she sinks herself by becoming sarcastic and flippant, taking offense at non-hostile questions.

[quote]r121 They are hosting you on that show, lucky to have your time.

Mmmmm .... it's not like this former model is President of the United States, granting them an exclusive. If she weren't available, they'd book another former model/starlet. There's really no shortage.

[quote]r121 You're being ridiculously argumentative [R119].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 15, 2019 4:11 PM

The Whitney/Diane Sawyer interview was cray cray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 15, 2019 4:48 PM

Bruce Willis is such a prick.

by Anonymousreply 136June 15, 2019 4:50 PM

David Bowie gets irritated at prodding questions about his sex life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 15, 2019 5:26 PM

[quote]American media personalities are all acting dude. They're dirty smelly, cheating lying mean spirited, thin skinned goofy laughing & unusually stupid people like most other Americans.

R118 you sound very angry, anti-American, and for someone who claims to not be a fan of Cara Delevingne, you certainly go out of your way to defend her. Or was that just a reason to bash Americans?

by Anonymousreply 138June 15, 2019 5:30 PM

Farrah Fawcett a little loopy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 15, 2019 5:33 PM

Lou Reed being his usual charming self

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 15, 2019 5:55 PM

Anytime an actor is asked about shipping. So many fans ask cringey questions at conventions.

by Anonymousreply 141June 15, 2019 6:12 PM

shipping?

by Anonymousreply 142June 15, 2019 6:13 PM

Ruby Wax and Sandra Bernhard. Sandra said that Ruby apologized to her years later. Ruby is so cutting but Sandra more than holds her own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 15, 2019 6:25 PM

R142 for example Bucky and Steve from the Captain America movies. The ship is called Stucky.

by Anonymousreply 144June 15, 2019 6:31 PM

Any interview with Zoe Kravitz.

by Anonymousreply 145June 15, 2019 6:32 PM

Um. What was that Ruby Wax creature? I hope she was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 146June 15, 2019 6:40 PM

R146 Ruby Wax is a household name in the UK. Some of her interviews are legendary.

I don't think there was anything awkward about that Sandra Bernhard interview. It's actually rather tame by Ruby Wax standards.

by Anonymousreply 147June 15, 2019 6:43 PM

She basically called Sandra B ugly. I usually feel like I get British humor, but the abusive kind I really cannot vibe with.

by Anonymousreply 148June 15, 2019 6:44 PM

This is a cringe fest. To be fair, Kim is fucking mental, but I hate that fat fucking Colleen more. She looks low level Down's Syndrome with that hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 15, 2019 7:23 PM

Apparently Madonna's appearance on Graham Norton last night was hideously awkward.

by Anonymousreply 150June 15, 2019 7:45 PM

[quote]r146 Um. What was that Ruby Wax creature? I hope she was canceled.

Ruby Wax is divine. She was an American who trained for clasical theater in the UK, then joined the Royal Shakespeare Company. After doing stage and television (as both a performer and a writer), she eventually achieved fame doing celeb interviews on her TV show. They were very insightful and funny.

Interestingly, after that she went back to school and got a degree in cognitive therapy, acknowledging her own clinical depression and becoming a speaker on mental health.

Here she is discussing one of her big interviews that she feels she mishandled:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 15, 2019 8:54 PM

Also Ruby Wax was the script editor on AbFab, which practically makes her a DL Saint.

by Anonymousreply 152June 15, 2019 8:59 PM

^^ Yes. She did a part on the show, too, appearing in 2 episodes.

THIS is hysterical - - where she's picking up young guys on the beach for a mortified Joan Collins. It could have gone SO wrong!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 15, 2019 9:26 PM

Ruby Wax's time spent with Trump is some mind-blowing television.

by Anonymousreply 154June 15, 2019 9:30 PM

Another voice to say the Dick Cavett Hepburn interview doesn’t belong in this thread. What happened was she had come in the day before the scheduled show to check out the studio, etc, and did not expect the cameras to be running. After a few minutes of good-natured criticism of the set (table arrangement, carpet, etc) she suddenly says let’s do the interview now. Cavett, shocked at first, quickly adjusts and pulls off a great 2 hour interview. The whole thing (in two parts) is on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 15, 2019 10:11 PM

Cavett was a lousy pseudo smart lockjaw interviewer. He makes me cringe. Hepburn was a fascinating subject even if she always did say so herself.

by Anonymousreply 156June 16, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote]r155 Another voice to say the Dick Cavett Hepburn interview doesn’t belong in this thread. What happened was...

That doesn't mean she isn't behaving like an egomaniacal harpy, whether it's the day she was scheduled for taping or not.

[italic]("NOBODY answers...!")

by Anonymousreply 157June 16, 2019 12:50 AM

Ruby Wax was very funny and really pushed the limits. She mocks Burt Reynolds and his tacky museum and clothes and talent every step of the way, and he agrees with her. They are vicious about Loni Anderson and it seems to bond them. Ruby's into him in spite of herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 16, 2019 1:44 AM

Love this Gloria Swanson interview with Barbara Walters. From about the 10.30 mark in this clip Gloria is clearly sick of Barbara's shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 16, 2019 9:39 AM

We can now add Madonna's interview on the recent Graham Norton show to the list.

by Anonymousreply 160June 16, 2019 10:49 AM

The Christina Hendricks full-figured interview.

by Anonymousreply 161June 16, 2019 10:51 AM

R142 'ship(ping)' is derived from 'relationship' and refers to when someone (called a 'shipper') wants two people (real or fictional) together in a romantic relationship. See R144's example. Unfortunately, in the case of fictional characters, this often leads to people shipping the two actors. I remember Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan seemed a bit weirded out at conventions when fans would present them with illustrations of their characters making out and what-not.

by Anonymousreply 162June 16, 2019 5:25 PM

[quote]r159 in this clip Gloria is clearly sick of Barbara's shit.

At first I thought this said, [italic] "in this clip Gloria is clearly sick of Barbara's [bold] slit [/bold] ." [/italic]

: o

by Anonymousreply 163June 16, 2019 5:38 PM

[Quote] I remember Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan seemed a bit weirded out at conventions when fans would present them with illustrations of their characters making out and what-not.

They're lucky that's all they saw. That's fairly tame as far as fanart goes.

by Anonymousreply 164June 16, 2019 5:58 PM

Joan Rivers gets MAD and walks out after a CNN interviewer suggests that she's mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 16, 2019 6:10 PM

David Letterman's interviews with Teri Garr were always awkward.

by Anonymousreply 166June 16, 2019 6:11 PM

[quote]r165 Joan Rivers gets MAD and walks out after a CNN interviewer suggests that she's mean.

Joan Rivers was kind of a nasty twat. And yeah, she defininitely WAS mean.

by Anonymousreply 167June 16, 2019 6:26 PM

Graham vs Madonna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 16, 2019 8:30 PM

^ Isn't that Gloria Swanson?

by Anonymousreply 169June 16, 2019 8:32 PM

I love Ruby Wax, but her interview with Sandra B. is one of the few times where I think she did lose control, went too far, and simply tilted over into meanness. Telling Sandra she isn't classically beautiful is like telling Cyndi Lauper her hair is fucked. It just means you've lost the plot.

Sandra was hilarious and really pulled the rug out from under her.

by Anonymousreply 170June 16, 2019 9:04 PM

R160- I disagree. I wasn’t uncomfortable at all. Graham is the ultimate pro- confident, charming and (razor) sharp of wit. He is perfect for Madonna who assumes everyone is a simpleton. I enjoyed their dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 171June 16, 2019 9:20 PM

Barbara Walters was a shithead for reading that Eunice Shriver one up letter to close the segment. Hatchet job maneuver and for what? Fucking bitch. Swanson did not deserve that. "What has SHE done with HERl life?" Bitch please. How small of Eunice and Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 172June 16, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote]r168 Graham vs Madonna

Has she ever given an interview where she seemed to be anything like open, or relaxed?

It's amazing that she's so perennially UPTIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 173June 16, 2019 11:02 PM

[Quote] He is perfect for Madonna who assumes everyone is a simpleton.

I bet no one [italic] ever [/italic] makes that assumption hat about her.

by Anonymousreply 174June 17, 2019 5:09 AM

[quote]We can now add Madonna's interview on the recent Graham Norton show to the list.

Nope. I didn't find it awkward at all.

by Anonymousreply 175June 17, 2019 5:18 AM

This dumb cunt Merry Miller (interviewer of Holly Hunter) must have a killer PR team as every upload of the interview on the internet seems to have been swiftly taken down. If you Google "Merry Miller and Holly Hunter," there are numerous video results dating as early as last month, but when you click on them, the videos are gone. The link above by R126 doesn't work for me either. There's nothing there.

by Anonymousreply 176June 17, 2019 7:12 AM

This always cracks me up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 17, 2019 7:19 AM

R.e. the Cara Delevigne interview at R5—Cara wasn't putting on a happy face, that's for certain, but the bitchy news anchor with the "can I speak to your manager?" haircut was out of line by telling her that she "seemed irritated" on air. That's not that cunt's job to do, and it's unprofessional. If I were Cara, I'd have told that sow to choke on Satan's cock before storming out.

by Anonymousreply 178June 17, 2019 7:22 AM

Around 1991, Dolly & Oprah shared a somewhat difficult interview exchange about tabloids - Oprah declared she hated them, while Dolly smartly countered that they "keep you hot, especially after a flop" and added, "you got to learn to use them, instead of them, using you". Oprah wanted none of the advice and kept to her opinion that tabloids were trash. Of course, Dolly kept her sunny smile a constant, even if the exchange seemed to rattle her, a bit.

by Anonymousreply 179June 17, 2019 8:12 AM

There was no awkwardness between Graham and Madonna. Any awkwardness was between Madonna and Ian McKellan but that was only brief.

by Anonymousreply 180June 17, 2019 8:18 AM

R173 I think this new interview with Madonna and Harry Smith is very easy and laid back by Madonna standards. It’s a nice conversation, but he does mention that they are friends off camera.

The Graham Norton interview is not awkward, either. Someone has mentioned it here several times, and it feels to me like Graham has a PR intern peppering the board to drive viewers or something. Madonna was OK there.

She seems to be loosening up. The more I hear her new music in album form, the more I like many of the songs. I love the production and instrumentation for the most part. Her vocabulary is still simple and pretty limited, but she juxtaposes some interesting contradictory ideas within songs and I find it pretty successful on the whole. “God Control” is a better than I’d expect from here these days.

Anyway. Interviews, right? Her recent ones present a more thoughtful and likable version of Madonna than I am used to. Some of her older interviews were excruciating and definitely suited for this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 17, 2019 11:31 PM

^ what you wrote about Madonna's interviews is not worth the virtual type. The woman should never speak. I can't think of a less interesting phenomenon in the world than Madonna speaking about her work, worldviews or life. A thoughtful, revealing or interesting interview with Madonna is a literal impossibility. I'd rather listen to Michael Jackson talk about his love for children or observe Prince mute.

by Anonymousreply 182June 17, 2019 11:46 PM

So you’re saying you hate Madonna, R182. OK. You can do that. Hate her. No one really cares.

by Anonymousreply 183June 17, 2019 11:51 PM

But that's not what I said R183. I don't hate her music or her art. But she's a monumentally stupid woman. I can't stand to hear her speak. Not one word.

by Anonymousreply 184June 17, 2019 11:54 PM

Oh Lord...this one!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 17, 2019 11:56 PM

David Bowie taking Mark Goodman and MTV to task for not showing black artists more often on MTV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 18, 2019 12:51 AM

Jackass Jesse Eisenberg being interviewed by silly, ditzy girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 18, 2019 1:15 AM

[Quote] If I were Cara, I'd have told that sow to choke on Satan's cock before storming out.

Well that certainly would have made for a more interesting interview 🤣

by Anonymousreply 188June 18, 2019 3:18 AM

This rather cringeworthy, trainwreck interview between Isaac Chotiner of the New Yorker and Bret Easton Ellis! Oh, my!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 18, 2019 3:21 AM

[quote] You've obviously never been in this position. Cara did nothing wrong.

Richard Madden doesn’t agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 190June 18, 2019 3:54 AM

Robert Downey Jr interview where he walked out. He acts like such a pompous ass

by Anonymousreply 191June 18, 2019 4:30 AM

R191 because he didn't want to talk about his druggie past for the 50th time?

by Anonymousreply 192June 18, 2019 7:20 AM

leslie mann and Courtney love should both go jump in the lake of fugness.

UGH

by Anonymousreply 193June 18, 2019 7:56 AM

LOL at R189. BEE, I know you read DL - you are such an intellectual lightweight.

by Anonymousreply 194June 21, 2019 6:52 AM

That time Barbara Walters asked Katharine Hepburn if she owned a dress and Hepburn responded along the lines of, “Yes, I’ll wear it to your funeral” was pretty amazing

by Anonymousreply 195June 21, 2019 7:17 AM

Toure was useless with Courtney Love. He couldn’t get a conversation going. She actually threw him heaps of openings which he ignored.

by Anonymousreply 196June 22, 2019 3:33 PM

Alec Balding vs. Alan Gilbert, New York Philharmonic concert conductor in 2011.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 22, 2019 3:49 PM

Fuck, Alec Baldwin of course.

by Anonymousreply 198June 22, 2019 3:50 PM

Arsenio Hall interviewing Madonna during her “Blonde Ambition” era. She was listless and weird, and was trying hard to be funny and outrageous but everything fell flat. It even seemed racist, especially when she handed Hall a huge gold and diamond ring, the sort that rappers of the period were wearing.

by Anonymousreply 199June 22, 2019 4:05 PM

[Quote] especially when she handed Hall a huge gold and diamond ring, the sort that rappers of the period were wearing.

Awkward 😐

by Anonymousreply 200June 23, 2019 5:57 AM

R199 what I found awkward about that interview was her bringing up the rumors that he was dating Paula Abdul. He seemed very embarrassed/uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 201July 20, 2019 5:34 PM

Dick Cavett vs. Tennessee Williams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 4, 2019 6:18 PM

Whenever this thread pops up, and the awkward celebrity interviews threads have been numerous, I always interject this:

Once upon a time in the 80s, Whoopi had a talk show that played on UHF stations across the nation. She produced it through her One Ho production company.

When Whoopi was good, she was very good. Her interview of Carol Burnett was one of the finest conversations with Carol and Carol has been interviewed a lot. It was deep, it was nuanced. It was superb television. Night after night it was Whoopi giving people a different perspective of their favorite performers.

Then IT happened. It was a train wreck. It was a guest who did not know Whoopi. It is a guest Whoopi kinda knew BUT ...

Whoopi interviewing Alexander Haig was both JAW DROPPING and HILARIOUS at the same time.

It started with," Alexander Haig, Nixon bla bla bla, Ford bla bla bla, Reagan bla bla bla, I think I'll call you BIG AL."

It went down hill fast.

WHOOPI, RELEASE THE BIG AL INTERVIEW!!!!

by Anonymousreply 203August 4, 2019 7:59 PM

The interview with The Bad Fergie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 5, 2019 12:13 PM

Hahaha, Australian 60 Minutes is so trashy.

by Anonymousreply 205August 15, 2019 7:17 AM

The news anchor at r7 - at Fox Philadelphia? - is so funny!

by Anonymousreply 206August 15, 2019 7:29 AM

The thing about these is that except for the rare cases where the interviewers are just obnoxious (like on Australian 60 Minutes), I feel sorry for the interviewer rather than the interview subject.

I never understand why celebrities agree to be interviewed and then are combatative with the interviewer. Saying politely "I can't answer that question" or "I won't answer that kind of question" is fine, but trying to outfox your interviewer or freaking out at him/her seems ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 207August 15, 2019 7:29 AM

Chris Matthew was the awkward one while interviewing Michael Che.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208August 15, 2019 7:31 AM

Madonna is always a terrible interview subject. She is always belligerent and imperious.

by Anonymousreply 209August 15, 2019 7:31 AM

her name is on jeff Epstein's black book....look it up,,,yep, our miss love, creep.

by Anonymousreply 210August 15, 2019 7:44 AM

Father of the year Jerry Lewis schools Joan Rivers and a child care expert on how to raise children. Woo boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211August 15, 2019 9:05 AM

Joan Crawford interview with BBC,1957 Her stare was so fixed and intense felt like she was going to burn a hole between his eyes! He's arrogant and brazen with his questions, but his insolent interjections and awkward shoulder touching (2:42) made the whole thing uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 15, 2019 7:56 PM

And Joan Crawford in her first televised interview from 1956. Again with the bizarre hand behaviour. The interviewer shakes her hand, holds onto it and puts it in his lap. All I could think was let go of her hand already!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 15, 2019 8:19 PM

Wow, r212 / r213 -- you are REALLY empathetic with Joan's problems.

You do know that by all accounts she was an incredible bitch, right? And not just to her children...

by Anonymousreply 214August 15, 2019 8:49 PM

Anthony Perkins interview with Mike Wallace from 1958. It was like he was on trial or something. Did he really have to clarify these silly stories of him eating spaghetti with his hands or dumping a bucket of water over Shirley Temples head, whether true or not it's ridiculous that Perkins felt he needed to justify himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 16, 2019 12:39 AM

Garr and Letterman are good friends R166 and their interviews were purposely uncomfortable because they were both in on the joke. She was one of the last guests he had on his show and he graciously walked her to her seat because she had a hard time due to her multiple sclerosis and a brain aneurysm she had suffered 2 years prior.

by Anonymousreply 216August 16, 2019 2:30 AM

Perkins never achieved the superstardom that Wallace predicted. But he did have an interesting career playing misfits and oddballs.

by Anonymousreply 217August 20, 2019 6:34 AM

Barbara WAWA interviewing a straight married Calvin Klein in the Hamptons and asking him about homoerotic advertising.

by Anonymousreply 218August 20, 2019 6:41 AM

Not so much a interview but I heard on here that zach levi was harrasing yvonne strahovski on the set of chuck. Never saw chuck but love her in the handmaids tale. She's way more talented than elisabeth moss in my opinion. Much more charisma. She should be the Australian leading lady of Hollywood.

Anyway they used to to these chuck fan conventions (not comic con) nerd hq and they are so cringey! I find all these fan question so awkward and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 219August 28, 2019 9:38 PM

ANY interview with Stephin Merritt of the Magnetic Fields

He does not like to be asked about his private life. Or comment on his 'Identity.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 28, 2019 9:54 PM

Sleater-Kinney's interview with Nardwuar in 2015 was awful, mainly because aloof, dog-faced cunt Carrie Brownstein was being an aloof, dog-faced cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 28, 2019 9:56 PM

Piers Morgan vs. Robert Blake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 28, 2019 11:24 PM

The Robert Blake/Tom Snyder interviews were epic.

by Anonymousreply 223August 28, 2019 11:30 PM

Jerry Lewis. Really awkward!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 29, 2019 12:06 AM

Charlton Heston walks out on an interview with Michael Moore, and it’s in Heston’s own house!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 29, 2019 12:10 AM

Re r185, Tom Ford era Gucci was the best.

by Anonymousreply 226August 29, 2019 12:16 AM

These 2 confront Nancy Grace about all the shit she has said and done over the years and she can't handle anymore and leaves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 29, 2019 12:57 AM

[Quote] Anyway they used to to these chuck fan conventions (not comic con) nerd hq and they are so cringey! I find all these fan question so awkward and embarrassing.

I think it's like that at most conventions.

by Anonymousreply 228August 29, 2019 7:15 AM

I've never been to a convention. What kind of embarrassing and awkward questions are asked?

by Anonymousreply 229August 29, 2019 4:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!