Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dominican Republic mystery deepens after third US tourist dies of respiratory failure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 20, 2019 4:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2019 12:55 PM

You cannot eat the fish in the Caribbean sea. This is well know.

Ciguatera Fish Poisoning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2019 12:55 PM

I would never travel to the Dominican Republic.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2019 12:58 PM

Do not eat Reef Fish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2019 12:59 PM

Why would anyone go to Latin America?

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2019 12:59 PM

R2, True of shellfish or all fish? Does Fukushima have anything to do with it? Do the Dominican Republic natives have immunity? Would that have also killed the TX couple vacationing in Fiji who were in excellent physical health?

Why wouldn't restaurants catering to tourists be much more cautious?

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2019 1:00 PM

R5 can’t afford a real vacation

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2019 1:07 PM

Because Central America and the Caribbean can be fantastic places to visit, especially the backpacker trail in Central America. There are some fantastic hostels in Central America/Caribbean.

I was recently in Port of Spain and Scarborough and both are amazing cities.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2019 1:11 PM

We just walked to Texas from the Dominican Republic. It's only 2,000 miles.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2019 1:16 PM

I’ve never been interested in the Caribbean I prefer Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2019 1:17 PM

They all checked in the same day. Were they intentionally poisoned?

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2019 1:27 PM

If this was a type of food poisoning they would have vomited. If it was enough to kill the both of them they would have been puking like crazy and would have called for help. And also when people overdose from drugs they are frequently found with vomit around them. The body tries to fight these things

A few years ago there were British people in Egypt (or possibly Spain) or some other places with beaches where families were killed because of chemicals used by cleaning companies that got into the ventilation systems. And some other people died from carbon monoxide poisoning. But CM poisoning turns the skins red and it's usually evident that it's what the people died from. These countries don't have a lot of environmental regulations. there also were a spat of robberies at these resorts where the robbers fed some type of gas into the vents and knocked out the people and broke in and robbed their rooms. I think it happened to a famous soccer player.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2019 1:29 PM

I am concerned about My 26 year old bitchy gay boss from Chicago.

He then has the fucking nerve to go to Dominican Republic for almost 2 weeks without even informing me. Then he wonders why I can’t stand him. I’ve been dumbfounded by his absence without me knowing. He comes back next week, been gone since last Tuesday. Fucking prick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2019 1:41 PM

Something similar to this happened a few years ago in Thailand. Turns out the hotel had been using pesticides inside the rooms in huge amounts. Someone treating the rooms decided that more was better and used far too much.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/quebec-sisters-who-died-mysteriously-at-thailand-resort-were-likely-intoxicated-by-pesticides-coroner-says

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2019 1:54 PM

Here's a working link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2019 1:55 PM

R3 Me either.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2019 2:09 PM

Shit hole!

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2019 2:33 PM

The only people I've known who have gone to the Dominican Republic have been deeply religious (i.e., Baptist). They went to convert and build houses/churches.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2019 4:47 PM

Is someone poisoning the minibars? The one woman collapsed after drinking from her in-room minibar.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2019 3:45 AM

I’m on it, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2019 4:03 AM

I've been following this recent case. Very weird with all these deaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2019 4:09 AM

This thread is evidence that all the worldly DLers left a long, long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2019 4:14 AM

I think it's a serial killer. Probably someone who works in the travel industry, like a flight attendant.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2019 4:16 AM

There was a spate of mysterious deaths at Mexican resorts that turned out to have been caused by bad alcohol. The resorts cheaped out, bought booze that was labeled name brands but had been cut with methyl alcohol. And then the resorts blamed the tourists, saying they'd essentially drank themselves to death while denying they'd provided adulterated alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2019 5:10 AM

Bizarre

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2019 3:50 AM

Yet another American died unexpectedly in the Dominican Republic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2019 2:57 AM

Lesson: When travelllng abroad, stay at name-brand hotels like the Hilton or Marriott.

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2019 3:06 AM

The guy was staying at the Hard Rock, r27.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2019 3:16 AM

[quote] ... there also were a spat of robberies at these resorts where the robbers fed some type of gas into the vents and knocked out the people and broke in and robbed their rooms.

Sounds more like a full fledged knock-out fight than a mere spat, R12.

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2019 3:19 AM

R26 This man stayed at the Hard Rock and died after drinking something from the mini bar.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2019 3:26 AM

Come to the Dominican Republic! It'll take your breath away!

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2019 3:27 AM

Ebola.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2019 3:33 AM

Not Ebola.

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2019 3:34 AM

R32, All of the cases of the Dominican Republic clearly follow a pattern of poisoning and/or toxic substances.

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2019 3:36 AM

I think it's a disgruntled employee targeting American tourists. This woman says she grabbed a soda from the minibar at the same resort and it turned out to be bleach. The resort tried to cover it up and wanted her to sign a NDA in exchange for a couples massage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2019 3:51 AM

this is why I don't believe in the Secret; no way these people 'attracted' these horrible deaths into their lives.

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2019 4:00 AM

And now Red Sox legend David Ortiz has been shot in the Dominican Republic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2019 4:02 AM

Bertha the fat maid at the resort is tired of these Yanks diss' ing her, so she is sitting on them.

by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2019 4:04 AM

Dont get the attraction of beachy vacations full of local poverty. Hell, a jamaican warned me never to go to Jamaica!

Bugs, poor folk, cheap booze, crotch rot and dirty feet leave me heaving.

by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2019 4:05 AM

My kid was there about a month ago, should I worry?

by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2019 4:08 AM

yikes; yeah, I don't get going to certain places.

I have been to Hawaii once -- Oahu, which they is the most developed and modern.

I'd go back there; the water was clear - and there was a bar in the pool!

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2019 4:09 AM

[quote] Because Central America and the Caribbean can be fantastic places to visit, especially the backpacker trail in Central America. There are some fantastic hostels in Central America/Caribbean.

Are they safe for a woman traveling solo?

by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote]Dont get the attraction of beachy vacations full of local poverty.

I really think a lot of (white, Western) people have an unrealistic idea of how safe it is to vacation in these sorts of luxurious resorts located in places that are otherwise full of desperate poverty. The resentment by the locals must be staggering, and it seems inevitable that on occasion one of them might act on their resentment.

by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2019 4:13 AM

Gross, no reason to go to these 3rd world places. I always heard that DR was where African American men liked to go to get with the local prostitutes.

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2019 4:16 AM

You have to actually like people to enjoy the beach scene.

I dislike people, therefore I would NEVER volunteer to be in the company of bikini clad fart heads and Bermuda shorts ball smells.

Asses, butt cheeks revealed, squirming through too tight bathing bottoms. HEINOUS.

Uncouth toenail dirt revealed, scraping through garish flip flops, Jesus help me.

Armpit smells hovering through marquerita vomit puddles and corn dog scents.

Weiners unduly revealed through poly-painted moose knuckles and camel toe cunt. Lord save my soul!

Horrifying sex shrieks from gross heteros doing horror-sex, bring on that apocalypse sweet Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2019 4:16 AM

r37 targeted shooting. There's video circulating-the guy walked up and fired point blank. Thank god it seems to be a through and through from lower back to front abdomen.

by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2019 4:19 AM

If they thought it was ebola, they would say so.

by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2019 4:25 AM

On the topic of 3rd world countries, I visited Cuba three years ago and loved it. The mojitos are $1 or $2. Glad I visited Cuba then because Trump is restricting visits to Cuba in August.

by Anonymousreply 48June 10, 2019 4:26 AM

The water is beautiful for snorkeling...it is warm in winter and I believe the Bahamas are great.

by Anonymousreply 49June 10, 2019 4:26 AM

Why would it be Ebola? There are no reports of heavy bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 50June 10, 2019 4:28 AM

Sounds like alcohol poisoning. I'm sure the authorities already know this, and are pairing with the respective resorts to cover their own asses before they announce anything.

by Anonymousreply 51June 10, 2019 4:29 AM

It weird me out that the Caribbean was all slaves, mostly black but some whites and indians.

But isn't it freaky that it was built by slaves, and it was such brutality that was exacted, and that their descendants are still in poverty?

I find it depressing, then add on that people go there to get drunk and have sex, with these descendants waiting on them hand and foot. For low wage, to boot.

by Anonymousreply 52June 10, 2019 4:34 AM

The descendants of the slaves are running the countries, R52. They write the tourism industry contracts.

There is no industry in the islands. They don't produce anything. The only thing they can sell is the beach. So they do and call it tourism.

by Anonymousreply 53June 10, 2019 5:25 AM

That’s why I don’t visit Third World countries.

by Anonymousreply 54June 10, 2019 5:31 AM

DR has a lot of these all inclusive resort, were there is unlimited alcohol and food. Obviously, the food and the liquor is not the best quality. Then, there is pesticides from China, illegal in the USA and Europe. Also, Cleaners and Pool Chemicals could also be from China and really dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 55June 10, 2019 6:42 AM

Can poisoning look like respiratory failure? I would have imagined an autopsy would have been performed on this couple by now.

by Anonymousreply 56June 10, 2019 6:57 AM

To be honest, thees really nothing that any of these Caribbean islands can produce. White people went there and made plantations. They brought slaves who worked on the plantations. There was a very busy shipping trade between the islands and to and from Europe. But people kept reproducing on these little islands with limited land. When slavery and indentured servitude were abolished the white people couldn't afford to keep plantations. Growing populations impeded on plantation land. Places with larger swathes of land became the agricultural preference.

So there's really nothing there but tourism. Even making your island into a headquarters for oligarchs to hide their money in shell corporations doesn't benefit the population on the island, since the "banks" and "corporations" don't really exist. It's all done electronically. There aren't any real offices so there aren't any office jobs

by Anonymousreply 57June 10, 2019 7:01 AM

R45 Funniest shit I've ever read, omg.

by Anonymousreply 58June 10, 2019 7:26 AM

[R57] are you as dumb as you are racist?

There is an abundant of Caribbean fruits that grow there naturally, including avocados, mangoes and coconuts. They can also grow sugar cane, legumes and rice varieties. Unfortunately for these island peoples and cultures, this was attractive to brutal Europeans and they installed colonization and slavery.

Fuck Off!

by Anonymousreply 59June 10, 2019 7:45 AM

Legionnaires Disease?

by Anonymousreply 60June 10, 2019 8:22 AM

R57, the Caribbean is one of the biggest financial hubs outside of Europe. It's where the wealthy set up tax shelters and hide their ill-gotten gains. The problem is no matter how educated you are, and there are many educated people from the Caribbean, they are not considedred for many positions in the Banking industry. Companies would rather create a rotation program so that their hand picked employees go there for 2 - 3 years and then the next candidate is slotted into the slot. I knew a black woman who grew up in NY and went there to live. In spite of her economics degree and several years working as a Financial Analyst, the best she could ever do was to become a bank teller. Meanwhile, the Bermuda shorts crowd basically passed the managerial positions amongst themselves, as they looked down on the "poor, pathetic natives, who can never get their act together."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 10, 2019 12:35 PM

Best to visit those places on a cruise ship.

Get off look around, get back on and leave.

by Anonymousreply 62June 10, 2019 2:19 PM

R42, I met some solo female travelers, but many of them were in pairs or small groups.

I found places like Tegucigalpa and Managua in Central America or Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago (cities known for their crime and “danger”) to be 100% safe and very interesting to visit, but I think you have to be a certain type of traveler. People warned me about some of the big markets as places where you could get robbed/mugged/pickpocketed, but honestly compared to some of the massive markets in West Africa, like the grand marché in Lomé, these places are small potatoes. (The big market in Managua is AWESOME with really tasty street food.)

I think staying in hostels is actually a good way to stay safe too. It looks like you’re more street smart than someone staying at an all inclusive and you won’t give off a vibe of being wealthy or have valuables to steal.

by Anonymousreply 63June 10, 2019 2:22 PM

My first and last trip to DR was in 1988. I went on a business trip and stayed at a lovely new hotel. We rented a car to go to a pristine, picture perfect beach. The one on the brochure that you dream about while you're getting a root canal. On the highway we passed 2 rotting horses. The beach was exactly like the brochure; white sand, the lone palm tree stretched out over the crystal water, and turquoise as far as you could see. Ten seconds later we were swarmed with biting insects. We dash into the water only to be swarmed with thousands of biting minnows, one of the strangest feelings of my whole life. The whole visit was less than 10 minutes

. Every time I think about going on a tropical vacation, I remember this along with every friend's travel disaster; bedbugs from Cancun, A parasite from Costa Rica that he had for 6 months. My neighbor just got back from 2 weeks in St. Barths, she stepped on a stingray the 2nd day. Once I prepaid a trip and it rained in ARUBA- the island of no rain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 10, 2019 2:41 PM

Hello, Thank you - 🙏🏻

by Anonymousreply 65June 10, 2019 3:40 PM

The TMZ video is disturbing. It shows the shooter almost being beaten to death while the crowd shouts, "Leave him alive". Ortiz is lucky to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 66June 10, 2019 4:51 PM

Glad I stayed home with my 12 cats.

by Anonymousreply 67June 10, 2019 5:29 PM

R64 here, I blocked it out of my mind. We were harassed everywhere by pimps selling girls "as young as you want". It was revolting. This island is where beluga whales like Limbaugh come to fuck young women and girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 10, 2019 5:30 PM

R67, You're joking but there's truth in what you say. DL enlightens the uninformed taken in by dreams of a relaxing paradise vacation as described by the lying travel brochures.

R64, Thanks for your informative post. Not what I would be expecting at all.

by Anonymousreply 69June 10, 2019 5:34 PM

R9 = Trumpanzee

by Anonymousreply 70June 10, 2019 5:36 PM

R61, Thank you for your post. Just another reason not to like the De Vos criminal family. Got a bad feeling about her when I 1st heard she was a Trump Adm appointee.

by Anonymousreply 71June 10, 2019 5:47 PM

Can no one provide a descent autopsy?

by Anonymousreply 72June 10, 2019 5:48 PM

toxicology tests take a long time with so many substances to evaluate. The probable cause was pesticide poisoning. It's easy to make a mistake with such strong chemicals. Plus, the guests who got sick and didn't die said that that's what it was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 10, 2019 6:29 PM

One of them had a heart attack, hardly a mystery

by Anonymousreply 74June 10, 2019 6:53 PM

Hi l.g hjj

by Anonymousreply 75June 11, 2019 1:38 AM

R74 From today's NY Post Harrison’s widow, Dawn McCoy, said she was told her husband’s death last July at the Hard Rock was a heart attack, but says she now doubts that determination.

McCoy said her husband was mumbling, sweating profusely and “had a very potent, strange smell” before his death.

by Anonymousreply 76June 11, 2019 3:18 PM

Oh noes! This means DLers can no longer put money in the pockets of Dominican sex workers! This will further devastate their economy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 11, 2019 3:34 PM

[quote] I really think a lot of (white, Western) people have an unrealistic idea of how safe it is to vacation in these sorts of luxurious resorts located in places that are otherwise full of desperate poverty. The resentment by the locals must be staggering, and it seems inevitable that on occasion one of them might act on their resentment.

Agreed. I don't remember what hurricane it was but a friend of a friend had a trip planned to the Caribbean and went because the hotel/resort wasn't damaged. People were homeless and dying on the other side of the island but they sat at the beach. I couldn't imagine someone working there not wanting to kill them.

by Anonymousreply 78June 11, 2019 4:04 PM

We beg to differ, R62.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 11, 2019 5:00 PM

Go to any Jamaican resort and the perimeter is patrolled by security guards with machine guns.

The Caribbean is a violent place.

by Anonymousreply 80June 11, 2019 5:08 PM

I don’t know why David Ortiz goes back and spends time in the Dominican Republic. I understand he was born there and grew up there but it seems to be terribly risky behavior for someone that is high profile and known to be a millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 81June 11, 2019 5:11 PM

What would have made you feel better, R78? That your friend of a friend not go at all? Would have made everything better in your world? I'm cerain I'd prefer to have income, rather than deficit in the face of tragedy. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 82June 11, 2019 5:41 PM

R81, You’re right, but culture and family is very important to many people. He knew the risks and unfortunately he got hurt in the process. Hopefully, he’ll have security going forward to protect himself and his family.

by Anonymousreply 83June 11, 2019 6:05 PM

Sorry, I need to edit my post. This idiot was caught with the girlfriend of a big drug dealer in DR. That will definitely get you killed.

by Anonymousreply 84June 11, 2019 6:08 PM

R82 maybe you should go check out this resort.

by Anonymousreply 85June 11, 2019 6:13 PM

No, bitches. I'm the one who's on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 11, 2019 6:23 PM

Not feeling well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 11, 2019 6:25 PM

R80, most places in the Caribbean are safer than the US

by Anonymousreply 88June 11, 2019 7:54 PM

Ludicrously, patently false, R88.

Go hold hands with your boyfriend in the middle of Kingstown and get back to us

by Anonymousreply 89June 11, 2019 8:17 PM

R89, you are totally wrong, and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 90June 11, 2019 8:37 PM

R89 and R90, you're both pretty.

by Anonymousreply 91June 11, 2019 9:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 13, 2019 12:36 PM

Why are you quoting the "Daily News?" The only real NY paper is the Times

by Anonymousreply 93June 13, 2019 12:53 PM

Hjgguu

by Anonymousreply 94June 14, 2019 1:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 14, 2019 7:51 AM

These deaths don't even include the ordinary deaths like a yoga instructor from PA who drowned this week and a couple from NY who ended up in the ocean on their way to the airport. Also 70 people reported food poisoning on Iwaspoisoned.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 14, 2019 5:12 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 97June 14, 2019 8:39 PM

Apparently, the FBI is now involved. They will track down the source soon enough. Wonder why native Dominicans are not dying. You would think if some bootleg team is making this poison, they must be preying on the locals.

by Anonymousreply 98June 14, 2019 9:46 PM

A theory -- Jamaican thugs hired to crush the Dominican tourism competition.

by Anonymousreply 99June 14, 2019 9:54 PM

They think it's bootleg booze.

They refilled the alcohol in the minibars with methanol — a.k.a. ANTIFREEZE.

[quote]A Post reporter at one of the resorts noted the vodka in the room had a strange, potent smell resembling pure alcohol.

[quote]Methanol is a type of alcohol not safe for humans. It is regularly used as antifreeze. “Adulterated alcohol is usually methanol added to alcohol or just plain methanol, which is very, very toxic,” Kobilinsky said. “It looks to me, from what I’ve heard and read, is that something was added to the drinks or bottles in those little refrigerators.”

[quote]In 2017, Dominican National Police dismantled five labs used for the manufacture of alcohol not safe for human consumption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 15, 2019 12:15 AM

Sick, sad world!

by Anonymousreply 101June 15, 2019 1:45 AM

More deaths are being reported

by Anonymousreply 102June 15, 2019 3:43 PM

Now everyone who ever visited the Dominican Republic and got a stomachache is coming out of the woodwork to tell the Daily Mail their tale of woe.

by Anonymousreply 103June 15, 2019 3:46 PM

Why do people even go to these third world countries for vacation? If anything bad happens, they always try to cover up and their hospitals are shit so you might even die there. Is it worth your life to save a few bucks with these "cheap" vacations?

by Anonymousreply 104June 15, 2019 6:38 PM

R104, they're not planning on getting sick, they just want to go to the beach

by Anonymousreply 105June 15, 2019 8:25 PM

Bill Maher said last night, "I don't go to any countries where you can bring a chicken on a bus".

by Anonymousreply 106June 15, 2019 9:18 PM

I believe it is arsenic poisoning and no, a doctor could not tell it from a heart attack or stroke. I am right about this one thing.

by Anonymousreply 107June 16, 2019 5:19 AM

I wish I could speak Spanish because I would love to live in Havana.

by Anonymousreply 108June 16, 2019 5:24 AM

No, you are wrong, r107

by Anonymousreply 109June 16, 2019 4:39 PM

Are some of these cover ups for people killed by rough trade?

by Anonymousreply 110June 17, 2019 2:46 PM

So was it deliberate poisoning or accidental?

by Anonymousreply 111June 17, 2019 4:03 PM

I think there is a couple from CO who got sick in the DR. They speculated that whatever the resort was spraying the plants with (heavy duty anti-roach spray) was leaking into the room via the air conditioner. It sounded more plausible to me than someone putting antifreeze in the minibar.

by Anonymousreply 112June 17, 2019 4:32 PM

well, they could be cheap and used fake booze in those minibars. Esp if this is a contractor job.

by Anonymousreply 113June 17, 2019 4:42 PM

Punta Cana is THE place for high school Spring Break trips. Or, it WAS. These reports will affect tourism the way Natalee Holloway's death affected Aruba tourism for a while.

by Anonymousreply 114June 17, 2019 4:46 PM

It's already happening R114. Not deaths yet, but a whole group of kids got very sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 18, 2019 1:45 AM

There are several things going on here. I believe people are being killed by both negligence on behalf of the resorts and on purpose by disgruntled resort workers. Obviously the mini bar drinks have been tainted with poison due to the resorts buying cheaper bootleg booze. There were reports of mini bar soft drinks being poisoned as well so those instances were probably on purpose. The Colorado couple who survived were found to have been poisoned by poisonous pesticides sprayed inside or near their room. Don’t forget about the woman who was nearly beat to death. Also last week a woman woke up in her room to find a naked employee about to assault her. He messed with the wrong one and she was able to fend him off. Of course the resort and the police did everything their could to keep her from getting to the embassy for help to leave the country. Luckily she filmed the resort workers attempts to make her stay, posted updates on Facebook and luckily after several days she was able to return to the states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 18, 2019 3:45 AM

Also a healthy Baltimore man died on an outdoor excursion in DR. DR ruled the death heart attack however bruises and marks found in the body point to him being attacked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 18, 2019 3:53 AM

Another man died last week at a resort in the DR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 18, 2019 3:56 AM

Why isn't websleuths in this?

by Anonymousreply 119June 18, 2019 8:13 AM

Maybe the hotel staff found out they were Trump voters/supporters, so they poisoned them?

by Anonymousreply 120June 18, 2019 8:20 AM

I worked at a hospital where one of the Tylenol victims died. The cardiologist said the patient had a stroke and the neurologist said the victim had a heart attack. Both doctors were respected but they could not tell that the patient was poisoned.

by Anonymousreply 121June 18, 2019 8:51 AM

Trump is a good reason to poison anyone.

by Anonymousreply 122June 18, 2019 8:53 AM

Whattaya think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 18, 2019 10:19 AM

DL always figures it out.

by Anonymousreply 124June 18, 2019 10:22 AM

This is a case for Kolshack of "Night Stalker" fame.

by Anonymousreply 125June 18, 2019 10:22 AM

Serial killer at a DM resort... BBC will soon turn this into a fabulous TV show

by Anonymousreply 126June 18, 2019 10:24 AM

It's the Babadook.

by Anonymousreply 127June 18, 2019 10:26 AM

Recall reports saying a few who were sickened were drinking whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 128June 18, 2019 10:54 AM

R123 stop with the CDAN nonsense

by Anonymousreply 129June 18, 2019 11:00 AM

You'd like that wouldn't you, R120? The left has gone completly batshit. And it makes me so happy.

by Anonymousreply 130June 18, 2019 11:28 AM

Jamaica or Bahamas probably involved in this mess to destroy the tourism industry in the DR. This also could be caused by angry Haitian employees who want to destroy the DR. Haitians are over half of the hotel employees and many hate the DR. I am dominican btw.

by Anonymousreply 131June 18, 2019 12:14 PM

Wow, R131. I can see that happening. And, if true, it was a brilliant, evil scheme---extremely effective. Because no one will go there now.

by Anonymousreply 132June 18, 2019 1:21 PM

Could it be Secret Lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 133June 18, 2019 2:48 PM

If you block the Trumpster at r130, a bunch of other posts disappear

by Anonymousreply 134June 18, 2019 4:09 PM

R131, Sorry for what's happening in your country, but your natural reaction to blame poorer and blacker people from other countries is telling. Logically, it's just as likely to be Secret Lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 135June 18, 2019 4:18 PM

^^Oh, good for you stalker, you get a gold star.

by Anonymousreply 136June 18, 2019 4:18 PM

^ r131 is the same trumpster troll who posted at r130

by Anonymousreply 137June 18, 2019 4:20 PM

Sorry R135. R136 was aimed at the creepy, stalker at R134. You were too fast.

by Anonymousreply 138June 18, 2019 4:21 PM

I think you are confused R137 as well as dumb and scary (wanting half the country to be poisoned)

by Anonymousreply 139June 18, 2019 4:22 PM

The butler did it.

by Anonymousreply 140June 18, 2019 4:35 PM

I do believe it is poison...maybe the exterminator used the wrong chemicals? I wish he would visit Orlando this evening.

by Anonymousreply 141June 18, 2019 4:41 PM

Hotel's soft butch sous chef is responsible

by Anonymousreply 142June 18, 2019 6:09 PM

Is she Haitian?

by Anonymousreply 143June 18, 2019 6:15 PM

My sister has frequented a few of these resorts and I recall her comments regarding her visits. These stand out to me:

The pools were closed by 6 pm for maintenance, which included so much bleach that you could smell it from a distance and stung the skin when you entered the water. Her swimsuits always faded to the point she started buying disposable swimsuits.

The water always tasted funny, this included the soft drinks so she always drank bottled beverages.

I decided to never visit based on her comments.

They controlled the AC level in the room and refused to turn it down.

by Anonymousreply 144June 18, 2019 10:36 PM

R144 this was in DR only, or other Caribbean islands? I used to love Cancun and the surrounding areas, but sadly, I think it's too dangerous to go anymore.

by Anonymousreply 145June 18, 2019 10:39 PM

Let's get Miss Marple on the case! We can call it A Caribbean Mystery, Part 2

by Anonymousreply 146June 18, 2019 10:41 PM

The whole notion of disgruntled workers poisoning tourists is batty. Why would they destroy their means of supporting themselves and their families? A scenario that could only be thought up by a Dump supporter at r130 and r131. Your rank stupidity is only outdone by your laughable support for a politician who hates your guts.

by Anonymousreply 147June 18, 2019 10:52 PM

R147 I don't know. I mean, every country has its wackos. So, the US has trump, mcconnell, carson, kellyanne, pence...

by Anonymousreply 148June 18, 2019 11:03 PM

R145 Yes this only happened at the all inclusive resorts in Punta Cana DR (different resorts). For the record she always had a good time. Thinking about it now makes wonder about the warning signs.

by Anonymousreply 149June 18, 2019 11:26 PM

R147 but i could be right about the sabotage of certain Caribbean nations trying to destroy the DR.

by Anonymousreply 150June 19, 2019 12:37 AM

What happened with the DR is that the resorts were pushed to capacity after the bad news from Mexico (murders in Cancun, the suspected drugging of tourists at certain Mexican resorts—actually happened to a couple I know). They could not keep up with demand and have resorted to short cuts in terms of health, supplies, food, etc. I went once, last year, and will never go back again. The resorts and airport could not handle the influx of tourists who no longer traveled to Mexico for a cheap vacation. I actually told members of my family (after a three hour wait in line to check in at the airport) that the vacation industry was a mess and I would never go back.

by Anonymousreply 151June 19, 2019 1:01 AM

R151 they are building and expanding hotels. Even Trump organization is over there right now even though they are suppose to. Dominican btw. 2nd most visited latin ameican country is the DR and after this recent bullshit, i doubt we will maintain this. Tourism is 22% of our economy and is very important. Unfortunately, most of the employees in the construction and hotel staff are Haitians which causes a lot of problems. Ever since that haitian earthquake, millions have moved and not turned back. They are now believed to be 30% of our total population and causing a lot of issues. This problem is much bigger than the 1 million migrants who entered Europe considering our size and history we had with Haiti (with haiti causing almost all the problems).

by Anonymousreply 152June 19, 2019 1:12 AM

Bachelor contestant, Melissa Rycroft, falls ill after visiting DR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 19, 2019 1:13 AM

R152. Wow, very interesting perspective. I had no idea of the problems there.

by Anonymousreply 154June 19, 2019 1:18 AM

I'm almost 60 and I am so glad I have traveled to every place that I wanted to travel to

Anyone who goes to the D.R after these deaths is crazy

by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2019 1:19 AM

R152 but isn't the DR threatening to deport/deporting undocumented Haitians - even those that have been in the DR for generations? I know people who won't go to the DR because of this immigration policy.

by Anonymousreply 156June 19, 2019 1:22 AM

R152 conveniently blames the problems on Haitian immigrants but sounds like a deplorable. He/she can’t give statistics or specifics. Just like Mexicans in the US—people here illegally are known to have a much lower criminal rate than those here legally. They know if they’re caught they’re deported.

by Anonymousreply 157June 19, 2019 1:37 AM

R144, Any one of the points your sister experienced would make me violently ill. All of these travel threads have made me happy I never was into going to foreign locations. Didn't want to board my cats.

Thank you to the above posters for sharing. Feel bad that many innocents will be hurt by the decrease in tourists.

by Anonymousreply 158June 19, 2019 1:50 AM

R156 you mean afrocentric afro americans? Ever since 1929 we had the ' jus sainguine' policy and those haitians who entered the DR were considered "in transit" which means that they and their children cannot receive documentation. BTW Haiti also has 'jus sanguine' and 70% of all people who are born in haiti have no proper documents of their birth and citizenship. I digress. Okay, the problem was that they were getting it when they should not as said by the constitution. They have been a pain in our ass since 1804 by the constant invasions, killing s of others who were not black or as black as them, the occupation from 1822 until 1844; annexation of 1/8 the size of our land in the 1930's which consequently led to the massacre of the invading haitians who were planning to take more lands by the border. They are not very nice neighbors but only afro americans think of them as angels because they are on average more black than us. The afro american conformation bias is very disgusting. LSA (lip stick alley hates us Dominicans and always sides with the blacker Haitians).

by Anonymousreply 159June 19, 2019 2:24 AM

r.r157 well.... 800 dominicans killed by Haitians in 2 years and if there are 3 million of them and use the equation. The number would be 13.3 dominicans killed per 100.000 Haitians which the homicide rate in the USA is 5.6 per 100.000 habitants if you did not know. Sorry if my English is bad. Thank god it is not like Venezuela which is 100 killed per 100.000.

by Anonymousreply 160June 19, 2019 2:29 AM

Bullshit r160, cite your sources. You sound like a racist asshole who thinks he’s better because he’s whiter than Haitians.

by Anonymousreply 161June 19, 2019 2:32 AM

Also r156 the few Haitians who do get deported just cross again the border the same day. We have no wall and they cross it like if someday is entering their own home. Check the massacre river DR Haitians crossing the border and tell me if the USA will take even 1/1000 of that shit every day.

by Anonymousreply 162June 19, 2019 2:33 AM

R162 afrocentrist lipstick alley c*nt. They are causing a lot of problems but since they are as black as you, they are angels and never do wrong. The Haitian earthquake happened when i was 19 and i called it that a mass migration was about to happned and the extra problems they were about to bring. Also, It is not that easily to get those numbers online since it is in Spanish and from another country.

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2019 2:38 AM

Yeah surrrre, r163, it’s not easy to get those numbers. Because they’re in Spanish. And no one here reads Spanish!

by Anonymousreply 164June 19, 2019 2:48 AM

^ Btw, you racist asshole why don’t you just call Haitians the n-word and get it over with? You know you want to.

by Anonymousreply 165June 19, 2019 2:50 AM

So. Then. Any more guesses about who or what dunnit?

by Anonymousreply 166June 19, 2019 2:54 AM

Take a look at the post at t151.

by Anonymousreply 167June 19, 2019 3:22 AM

^r151 at post r167.

by Anonymousreply 168June 19, 2019 3:23 AM

My vote is for the soft butch sous chef

by Anonymousreply 169June 19, 2019 4:10 AM

Is soft butch anything like hard femme?

by Anonymousreply 170June 19, 2019 4:19 AM

Does Pastor Davey have an alibi?

by Anonymousreply 171June 19, 2019 4:19 AM

Put the blame on Mame. Boys.

by Anonymousreply 172June 19, 2019 4:22 AM

Mame did a dance called the hitchy-koo

That was the thing that slew the crew.

by Anonymousreply 173June 19, 2019 7:14 AM

Put the blame on Mamie Gummer

by Anonymousreply 174June 19, 2019 3:29 PM

Look at all the Haitian girls stealing jobs from the local hoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 19, 2019 5:47 PM

There was nothing soft about the sous chef.

by Anonymousreply 176June 19, 2019 8:13 PM

There has just been an eighth death, a New Jersey man. Same as the others.

And some local jackass will say it's all a coincidence.

This guy had to go to the DR? Aren't there beaches in NJ?

by Anonymousreply 177June 19, 2019 11:20 PM

I visited DR about 25 years ago. My brother purchased an apartment in a beach town. The whole country would experience regular blackouts which lasted for a few hours, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. Beautiful beach but very third world. I came down with a three day illness called rice fever. Never so ill in my life, vomiting, diarrhea, weak, feverish. No doctors in that town or near, so took some pills the "pharmacist" gave me. I felt better by the 4th day or so. When I flew home at the end of the week I got an earache on the plane. Within a day excruciating pain. Saw a specialist who said he had never seen so many small blisters inside the ear. Had to use a long needle to pierce them. He was worried I might lose some hearing. Antibiotics for 10 days. I recovered.

I have never taken up my brothers invitations since. He claims that it has been much built up and improved. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 178June 19, 2019 11:39 PM

I suspect it's a prostitution destination for singles. The smoke weed, get laid with hooker, Bermuda shorts with adjacent flip flops, woo-hoo hetero messes on a budget crowd.

by Anonymousreply 179June 20, 2019 12:11 AM

^Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if Viagra and or coke played a part in a few of the heart attacks.

by Anonymousreply 180June 20, 2019 12:17 AM

True

by Anonymousreply 181June 20, 2019 4:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!