Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'The Alienist' Sequel 'The Angel Of Darkness' on TNT

[quote]Former Heathers star Melanie Field is set as a series regular in the limited series based on the sequel to author Caleb Carr’s best-selling The Alienist. In addition, newcomer Rosy McEwen is set for a recurring role.

[quote]The Alienist’s lead cast, including Daniel Brühl, Luke Evans, and Dakota Fanning, will return with a new storyline that finds Sara Howard (Fanning), who has opened her own private detective agency, enlisting the help of Dr. Laszlo Kreizler (Brühl) and John Moore (Evans) to hunt down an elusive killer.

[quote]A critical and ratings success, The Alienist was a top 10 cable drama, having reached more than 50 million people across multiple platforms. It earned six Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Limited Series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 7:21 AM

I had so much fun with this show and I loved all the main actors in it!

I hope they don’t do too *many* seasons of it so the quality doesn’t go down too much (as shows with too many seasons usually do), but I’m really glad that it’s back for at least one more season!

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2019 6:43 PM

Loved the show because it was such a trashy campfest, in the best possible way. Just a delightful watch. Agreed with the critics who said all three leads were acting like each was on a different show, but that was the best thing about it! The only person who actually felt "of the era" was the sociopath serial killer who Brühl visited later in the season. Very good work on that actor's part.

The costumes and the shots of the countryside were gorgeous. I wonder if they'll shoot the second season in Hungary as well.

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2019 7:00 PM

I noticed on My New Plaid Pants they are shooting a second season right now, which was great news since I hadn't heard anything about it before. Daniel Brühl posted a shot from the set with Luke Evans a few days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 6:42 AM

[quote]I wonder if they'll shoot the second season in Hungary as well.

Yes, they are.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 7:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!