Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season 5

Anyone still watching this? I loved the first 3 seasons, but tuned in out of habit the last 2 seasons. I thought that adding Morgan would maybe make things more interesting, but it didn't. I also wasn't bothered to see Madison and Nick go because neither of them brought any real oomph to the show.

Last season was a challenge to watch, with that new crazy dirty woman character. She was like magic, appearing out of nowhere to poison and kill people for a dumb reason. That trucker couple was trying to be comic relief but yawn. And that guy who wanted to use beer as currency... really? Here's hoping this season brings some life into this moribund show.

by Anonymousreply 117September 30, 2019 9:20 PM

I watch it out of habit. I am not sure why I continue. When does it start again?

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2019 7:46 PM

Dwight (sp) from the main show comes into it in this season.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2019 7:48 PM

Pretty sure they are bringing in hausfrau Carol too -- for millions of dollars. oy. She used to run the camera at commercial castings in town.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2019 7:54 PM

New season starts tonight 6/02.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2019 7:57 PM

Season 1, B-

Season 2, C

Season 3, A

Season 4, C

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2019 8:31 PM

I'm foggy on how it ended... I just remember Alicia and that girl driving to some coast so the kid could see the ocean. I wonder if the group somehow meets up with Daniel AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2019 8:43 PM

**SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT'S EPISODE:

I'm so confused. Crashing airplane with pilot Al, the group split up, heads in trees, Logan the mystery creep, Daniel on film, Morgan wanting to HELP!, whatever those documents are Al found at the end, who are those soldier looking dudes...

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2019 2:34 AM

Where's Ofelia? Jeeze, I don't remember what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2019 3:11 AM

I don't think anyone remembers anything from last season......it was just shitty and vague

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2019 3:18 AM

I remember that crazy broad stalking the crew, a tornado, boxes with supplies along the road and a black trucker in a wheelchair. Last season so dumb.

I hate Alicia being turned into a walker Terminator and not much else.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2019 3:59 AM

It’s been a shit show for far too long. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2019 4:09 AM

It’s too hard to follow with all the breaks they take.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2019 4:21 AM

I'll be watching it for the beautiful Garrett Dillahunt.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2019 8:47 AM

R13 Me too (movement).

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2019 4:37 PM

The made Alicia into thise nerdboy and lesbian goddess. She is a badass in a perfectly fitted leather jacket, with pretty hair and the ability to wield a broken plane propeller as a weapon against zombies. I'm sick of her.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2019 4:46 PM

ScottyReacts =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2019 8:18 AM

JVS =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2019 8:19 AM

Nick Grimes =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2019 8:21 AM

Trevschan2 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2019 8:22 AM

I think the van kid trio are the offspring of the new foe Logan (Matt Frewer).

He's not a loving dad & sent them to keep track of Morgan's group.

They were told to leave the group after they went to the destination point.

The van helped them get there faster (which is what Logan really wanted).

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2019 8:56 AM

The Governor Reacts =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2019 4:03 PM

Fans react to first episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2019 2:15 PM

Cant believe this shit show is still on the air. Terrible characters and storylines right from the beginning. Remember when that dumbass opened the gates of the stadium to save his wife and did not care that he killed hundreds of other people? Or when they left their gated community and again the gate was wide open so all the other people in there would die. The son also just smeared some blood on his face and all the zombies magically stayed away. The list goes on and on. Dumbest show ever.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2019 2:33 PM

I really couldn't follow what the fuck was going on. Not sure if the writing and editing is really that bad or I'm just zoning out too much. Season's 1 - 3 just got better and better then they 100% 'reboot' the show and every thing seems worse. Ugh. Every time I watch a show with great writing I just think "why can't the walking dead world have these writers?". I do love Mo Collins though and glad she got a pretty high profile job.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2019 2:42 PM

Gave up after season 2. Any of the original cast left?I’d watch for Mo Collins r24 but only if she was playing her character, Joan Calamezzo, from Parks and Recreation.

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2019 2:51 PM

I watched a couple of fan reaction videos after the premiere on Sunday and when Daniel was showed on Al's camera, all of the people got so excited and hyped up. I've seen this before when Daniel would pop up after being MIA in the past seasons - watchers cheer and clap. I don't understand the Daniel love - he was a good husband/father who was also a killer in some Central American group. Other than that, I can't figure out what did he do to engender this love unless they're just happy to see someone who wasn't a complete fool while dealing with the dead and the various dumb situations the other survivors got into.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2019 3:33 PM

I enjoyed episode 2 of season 5.

Anybody else?

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2019 4:54 PM

I watched the first two seasons and even though I liked them I never caught up. Just saw the promo for season 5 and didn’t see anyone I recognized except the black bearded guy. Did everyone die??!!

What happened to the husband/wife, her kids and his son?

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2019 5:49 PM

R28 The longest living survivors are Alicia, Strand, Luciana & Daniel Salazar. Everyone else is dead (remote chance Madison is still alive somehow).

They brought over Morgan (last season) & Dwight (this season) from the original TWD show.

I like John & the new additions to the show but can barely tolerate June.

I hope the WD medical curse extends to her & she is gone soon.

Fear has it's dumb moments but overall it is improving it's purpose.

You should get caught up sometime but you probably won't like everything TPTB have done with the show.

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2019 5:57 PM

Trev's review of episode 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2019 8:23 PM

I’m still all in on FTWD. It’s silly and implausible as hell... but still entertaining

by Anonymousreply 31June 11, 2019 2:14 AM

I stopped watching ... how is it that Madison might be alive?

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2019 2:32 AM

I’ve actually liked it better than the walking dead but it does suck.

by Anonymousreply 33June 11, 2019 2:39 AM

R32 Many fans believe if their was no actual death scene then she could come back at a later date in a "miraculous way".

Anything is possible with these shows as Rick's hyped up "death" proves.

by Anonymousreply 34June 11, 2019 3:43 AM

Nick reviews episode 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 12, 2019 3:09 AM

The Governor reviews episode 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 12, 2019 3:10 AM

Will Al meet Rick in his TWD films?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2019 6:55 AM

Dwight showed up today, still looking for Sherry. The rest of the idiots on this show are still on their "gotta help other people" mission and putting themselves in danger. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2019 3:43 AM

I read that Dwight got kicked off TWD and put onto FTWD as a stipulation/penalty after the actor accidentally got a stuntman killed on TWD. That's bogus - it was an accident.

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2019 3:48 AM

Spoiler Alert =

So three young kids are tying up the walkers in groups of 6 or more to keep others out of their territory?

If they are supposed to be the next big bad... I didn't think it could get worse than the lone old fat black lady menace.

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2019 4:06 PM

What other people are saying about the episode...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2019 5:50 PM

I think that trick gunshot to save Dwight was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on television.

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2019 5:52 PM

R42 Ever see the Muppet Show?

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2019 6:34 PM

R43 No.

by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2019 6:35 PM

R42 John's gun trick is a real thing that gun experts can do.

Hard to believe I know but it's a real thing.

by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2019 6:45 PM

R45 It may be a real thing but it just seemed so out of place.

I know John used to be a cop, but has it ever been shown before he's some kind of gun genius?

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2019 7:00 PM

He said in the latest episode that he used to do trick shots

as a performer after retiring from his cop days.

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2019 7:49 PM

R47 Yes I know.

I mean had it ever been suggested in the many hours of previous episodes? He'd never done any kind of trick shot or mentioned this part of his life before this episode then suddenly pulls out some magic trick in the middle of a life or death situation. It was the most absurd thing they've ever done on the show. It was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2019 7:54 PM

Well I can't recall TPTB having John ever miss a shot so

I guess that implies that he is a top notch marksman.

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2019 7:59 PM

I have a crush on Dwight.

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2019 8:04 PM

R50 Get help.

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2019 8:17 PM

I would let Garret Dillahunt do anything he wanted to me.

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2019 8:22 PM

R52 That makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2019 8:37 PM

nick Grimes Reacts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2019 8:43 PM

Episode 4 "Skidmark"

(a.k.a. Daniel's new cat) preview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2019 10:13 PM

R39

Why not just fire him?

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2019 3:01 AM

The Governor reacts to #3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2019 7:01 PM

No one has anything to say about the latest episode?

by Anonymousreply 58June 25, 2019 5:51 PM

People like Daniel because Ruben Blades can act. Strand is boring now.

by Anonymousreply 59June 25, 2019 6:34 PM

This is one of those shows that would have benefited had it been about the rise of the d=virus rather than The Walking Dead in another godforsaken part of the USA.

by Anonymousreply 60June 25, 2019 7:25 PM

It’s pretty predictable. They are going to come up on another strange group and have to get their independence from it.

by Anonymousreply 61June 25, 2019 7:28 PM

It's been about 3-4 episodes since the new season started and I still have no clue what they need another airplane for. To rescue some other group? Where? Who? Why? Another question: Is Dwight gone for good? That was underwhelming if was he was one and done.

Last episode they showed a helicopter like the one that took Rick away. I'm a little curious what happens with that, but I'm hating the groups "we gotta help everyone" edict. They just need to find a place and settle down.

by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2019 8:17 PM

I follow the actor who plays Dwight. His name is Austin and he's from Austin and used to skateboard when he was younger. I also have crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 63June 26, 2019 11:43 AM

The Governor reviews episode 4 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 26, 2019 2:22 PM

I moan & groan whenever child actors pop up on these zombie shows.

The last episode was overkill for me. No pun intended.

Whatever happened to the Matt Frewer character?

by Anonymousreply 65June 27, 2019 3:34 PM

Lesbians among the dead.

by Anonymousreply 66July 1, 2019 4:54 PM

I think they waited to make Al openly gay until the reactions were in with the death of Tara on TWD.

Now that it's official she's bi/lesbian, it'll give the females something to talk about other than Tara joining Denise among the dead.

I wanted to like the episode more than I did. Al really annoyed me with her usual line about "the story". I'm so tired of hearing it. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2019 7:04 PM

My eyes rolled VERY hard when that rock slide came down onto the car right after Al and Helicopter Girl got out. Wow, whoever writes for this show is a hack.

by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2019 8:55 PM

Where did that rock slide come from?

by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2019 9:07 PM

Lesbians in the mist.

by Anonymousreply 70July 1, 2019 9:08 PM

For R69 -- Al and this new character were driving on a mountain pass when a small rock slide happens right in front of them. They brake and get out to handle some walkers that rolled down with the rocks. They get about 10 feet away from their vehicle and another, bigger rock slide happens and a giant rock and rubble half buries the car that they just got out of.

by Anonymousreply 71July 1, 2019 9:59 PM

The Governor Weighs In =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2019 10:47 AM

TWD Panel - Judith, Lydia, Henry Jr. & Henry the teenager

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 4, 2019 2:12 AM

Does anyone really know what’s going on with this show? And now they’ve got all these kids all over the place. The new show is going to be about two teenagers. I’m so glad the comic ended.

by Anonymousreply 74July 8, 2019 1:14 AM

Ever since AMC put Gimple in charge of this show, it has gone downhill FAST.

There used to be at least some distinction between The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, but now they're basically the same show, with different characters.

When the WD and FTWD end abruptly, you can thank Scott Gimple. He's the fucking WORST!

by Anonymousreply 75July 8, 2019 1:33 AM

R75 agreed. Just think in 10 years we’ll look back at this “zombie” phase and think, “what the fuck was going on?”

by Anonymousreply 76July 8, 2019 1:44 AM

And now that stupid Morgan has his stupid stick back.

by Anonymousreply 77July 8, 2019 1:50 AM

Did Lennie James make an enemy in the UK, that he has to continue to play Morgan in the sad crap that FTWD is now? He used to be in decent programs in Britain, but stays in this shit. His speech at the beginning of this episode (S5E06) gave me douche chills and he's gotta realize this is trash... it must pay great or he loves the US now.

Isn't it convenient that someone in the group can fly a plane and they found a plane big enough for the whole group to fit in.

by Anonymousreply 78July 8, 2019 2:17 AM

The story line of Dwight looking for Sherry is tedious bullshit. I hope a walker gets him instead, and very soon.

by Anonymousreply 79July 8, 2019 2:52 AM

Are the writers for real? Beer bottle hot air balloons and radioactive zombies are what they're giving us?

by Anonymousreply 80July 8, 2019 3:09 AM

R80 I know. And all those young young actors. I think I’m done.

by Anonymousreply 81July 8, 2019 3:28 AM

I'm always a week behind. Started to watch the previous episode but saw that it was all about Althea. Never deleted anything so fast in my life.

by Anonymousreply 82July 8, 2019 9:39 AM

R82 I liked that episode out of all of the 6 that they have released.

The kid additions to this show are making me want to quit watching the show.

I could barely stomach Nick killer Charlie. Now there are like a dozen more of her to tolerate.

They should call this version of TWD "The babysitter's club".

Hard to believe there are now more kids on the show than eye candy. Who are they trying to target with this show's cast? Stay at home mommies?

I find John & the "dead beer guy" the most attractive but only one is still with the show now.

Dwight is uglier than snot on a hot stove. Morgan, Wendell, Daniel, Strand & "Max Headroom" do nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 83July 8, 2019 3:33 PM

Also the original show had all of the community groups laughing & watching cartoons on its finale.

Now the spinoff has all of their kid group laughing & watching a cartoon on an episode.

Can't these writers come up with anything different?

Watching one show shouldn't cause flashbacks from another if they are both well written.

by Anonymousreply 84July 8, 2019 3:38 PM

The Governor's reaction to the 6th episode =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 8, 2019 4:12 PM

Fear The Walking Dead = Live Reaction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2019 10:22 PM

Cheesy song thread!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 8, 2019 10:55 PM

Does anyone have any idea what's actually going on on this show anymore?

I nearly threw my television out of the window when they suddenly gained a fucking hot air balloon. Also when did any of these people become expert in aviation engineering and/or know how to even fly a plane?

by Anonymousreply 88July 8, 2019 11:01 PM

R88 I sure as hell don’t have an idea.

by Anonymousreply 89July 8, 2019 11:04 PM

Precisely, R88.

This show has gone completely off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 90July 8, 2019 11:07 PM

I have no idea what they are doing. Now that the comic is done, I’m pretty much over the zombie shit. This show is so bad and makes no sense. I have no desire to go back and watch from the beginning to see if I can figure it out.

On another note, whoever the idiot is that keeps posting these stupid governor review and the incredibly dumb fan reactions, you can fucking knock it off. There’s nothing more lame than the ignoramus pretending to be the governor giving a review for a shitty show. The true fan reaction should show people asleep.

by Anonymousreply 91July 10, 2019 2:31 AM

Yeah, where the FUCK are these working aircrafts coming from? I mean...the timelines are the same. Shouldn't Rick's group have the same implausible opportunities? They're still in Atlanta, right?

by Anonymousreply 92July 10, 2019 2:02 PM

R91 I've always found the comic...underwhelming...but I picked up the last issue for the "RIP of you know who", and it continued to underwhelm.

by Anonymousreply 93July 10, 2019 2:04 PM

Rick was picked up by a helicopter no-one else saw or commented upon.

This same helicopter is flying around in FTWD along with a fucking hot air balloon. They're supposed to be the same 'universe' but it appears that only works one way - no-one in Rick's World ever commented on a giant beer bottle above their heads.

They think we're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 94July 10, 2019 2:15 PM

R91 The Governor's episode reactions are always insightful or funny.

Unlike yours.

by Anonymousreply 95July 10, 2019 4:17 PM

Has anyone ever actually clicked on those Governor reactions? They keep being posted but no-one cares about them.

by Anonymousreply 96July 10, 2019 4:24 PM

R96 No one cares about this show but you didn't point that out at all in your post.

You're an official DL failure.

by Anonymousreply 97July 10, 2019 8:34 PM

^^^^^^^ Uh oh guys the twat who posts that Governor shit is ANGRY

by Anonymousreply 98July 10, 2019 9:04 PM

Rick's people have been in Virginia for over 10 years. Try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 99July 10, 2019 9:10 PM

Stopped watching when they killed Madison. Sounds like I made the right choice.

by Anonymousreply 100July 10, 2019 9:48 PM

They're in Virginia, now. Hunh, that does sound familiar. So FTWD must also be there if Dwight and Morgan were able to meet that group. Bringing up their location more than once would help the people who don't masturbate while watching both shows keep up R99. It's the little things...

by Anonymousreply 101July 11, 2019 10:37 AM

OR not.

by Anonymousreply 102July 11, 2019 10:38 AM

They finally get the plane running right as 1) the radioactive cloud hits the area 2) John Dorie drives up 3) Daniel shows up to help light up a runway for the plane to land. And isn't it convenient that Al and Strand know how to fly. So lucky.

I was praying that the goddamn plane crashed and put the show out of our misery. Show so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Althea's never ending battery life on her freaking video camera drives me nuts.

The freaking beer bottle hot air balloon?

Also, in this last episode, they *just happened* to have several miles worth of Christmas lights to create a makeshift runway?

People are already making cracks about the Comic Con posters for 5B, saying it looks like they're all jumping on trampolines.

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2019 1:54 AM

I got distracted for a few minutes and when I looked up, that new female character (the nuclear scientist) was breaking Morgan's stick. What was that about?

by Anonymousreply 105July 22, 2019 3:21 AM

He killed a radioactive walker with the pointy end.

by Anonymousreply 106July 22, 2019 2:18 PM

This crap show is taking a 3 week break, starting today. I wonder what that is about. I'm used to their mid-season breaks, where they stop airing for a few months, but this break confuses me.

by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2019 8:07 PM

By the time Fear came out, I had already started burning out on the main show, and haven't even seen that in about 3 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 108July 28, 2019 9:07 PM

Shows add kids when they want kids to watch. Apparently they have decided kids will help the ratings go up since the adults are starting to stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 109July 31, 2019 8:00 PM

That was the worst episode ever.

by Anonymousreply 110August 12, 2019 4:09 PM

The series is on life support at this point.

by Anonymousreply 111August 12, 2019 8:44 PM

I had to put the latest episode on 2X so it only took 22 minutes to watch instead of the usual 44 minutes.

I can't take Al & her dumb camera any more. Morgan & Dwight are not the 2 original TWD cast members they should've brought over to a spinoff.

The only character I like (& watch for now) is John.

This show suffers from the same problems as the original = too big a cast, too few walker scenes & always a new group to cause trouble.The rest can all die in a grease fire.

Fingers crossed that most of the cast die in the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2019 6:19 AM

I watched every single episode of seasons one, two, and three.

Unfortunately, I haven't watched a single episode this season. I'm just not interested anymore.

I probably won't be watching Walking Dead, either.

Sad to say, but as the greatest fan of the Walking Dead since it began in 2010, I have to say that I'm over it.

I gave both of these shows many, many chances to get better, but they never did. So now I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 113September 23, 2019 7:34 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 114September 23, 2019 6:33 PM

Season finale tonight.

Does anyone care?

by Anonymousreply 115September 30, 2019 2:10 AM

Morgan?

by Anonymousreply 116September 30, 2019 2:12 AM

Did anyone actually watch the finale?

by Anonymousreply 117September 30, 2019 9:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!